2) Dell
3) HP

zeamybro
09-05-13, 22:26
Which brand is more reliable?
1) Lenovo
2) Dell
3) HP

They are mostly made from the same ODMs in china ...the production lines are just side by side in the same factory, not much different one. But some brands may choose to use higher tiers components .... And request more stringent QA.

For laptops I prefer Fujitsu

richwang
09-05-13, 22:29
For property, you need to know whether it's for own stay or investment;
For computers, I buy Dell for own use, but buy HP for company use.

new2mondrian
09-05-13, 22:31
They are mostly made from the same ODMs in china ...the production lines are just side by side in the same factory, not much different one. But some brands may choose to use higher tiers components .... And request more stringent QA.

My Fujitsu laptop hard disk crashed on me after 1.5 years... Sigh... Maybe mine was a lemon unit. Now using a Mac. 2years and so far so good.

zzz1
09-05-13, 22:34

Fujitsu still make in japon? Better qc ...

solsys
09-05-13, 22:46
I sell all the 3 brands.

lenovo x1 carbon quite popular.

zzz1
09-05-13, 22:56
I sell all the 3 brands.

Quick question , which is more value for money? Or which brand?? Me is a nood on PC and gauge...
When star hub offer to renew the broadband to 300 Mbps and come along with a free note book? Value to take?

I don trust then so just sign up the basic 100 Mbps @ 39 plus and nn frills..

solsys
09-05-13, 23:30
Quick question , which is more value for money? Or which brand?? Me is a nood on PC and gauge...
When star hub offer to renew the broadband to 300 Mbps and come along with a free note book? Value to take?

I don trust then so just sign up the basic 100 Mbps @ 39 plus and nn frills..

Go for $39 unless u are a gamer who needs 300mbps.

If the free notebook is attractively priced at a monthly price, no harm getting it.

irisng
09-05-13, 23:34
For computers, I buy Dell for own use, but buy HP for company use.

Why? Actually is buying desktop for company. Is it because of the price?

irisng
09-05-13, 23:37
I sell all the 3 brands.

What is Lenovo x1 carbon?

kane
09-05-13, 23:48
ultrabook with the design adopted from IBM thinkpads.

irisng
10-05-13, 00:07
ultrabook with the design adopted from IBM thinkpads.

Thanks.:ashamed1:

mcmlxxvi
10-05-13, 09:33
my sony vaio x bought 2009
used extensively for work n private
dropped once from 1m height onto hard tile floor while open n slight chip n dented n warped
battery still a good 5hrs n all functioning well

Made of carbon fibre too

acidic.straw
10-05-13, 10:16
Why? Actually is buying desktop for company. Is it because of the price?

Most important for business usage is the maintenance. You need to have maintenance contract with good service level agreement.

zzz1
10-05-13, 10:44
Go for $39 unless u are a gamer who needs 300mbps.

If the free notebook is attractively priced at a monthly price, no harm getting it.
Thanks and appreciate .

Previous was on cable 25 Mbps, and in today context the 100 mbps fiber cost the same , in fact cable abit more expensive...

Guess I don need so high end , me just surf data to read, online poems , that about it...

Ricade
10-05-13, 11:00
I use acer, reliable enough for me.

evolutionx
10-05-13, 11:36
dell is not bad. if you take the warranty - anytime got problem they just send someone over to replace the parts on the spot. no questions asked. my dell broke down in the states and when i called them, they sent someone over the next day and replaced the part (think the motherboard had some problem)

so because of that, i normally recommend them (since the warranty policy is pretty good)

Regulators
10-05-13, 14:44
get Acer, cheap n good. I am using it now, both for desktop n laptap