PDA

View Full Version : Soros Rumor Underpins Turning Tide Against Aussie

indomie
07-05-13, 14:20
CNBC.com**05/06/13 11:51 PM ET
By: Katie Holliday
Rumors that George Soros was planning shorts on the Australia dollar has taken the wind out of the robust currency, fueling expectations that the tide is turning for the Aussie dollar.
The Aussie fell 0.6 percent against the U.S. dollar late Monday on a report in the Sydney Morning Herald that bets against the currency totaling $1 billion were placed via Hong Kong and Singapore, believed to be by Soros Fund Management, ahead of the rate decision by the Reserve Bank of Australia on Tuesday. CNBC has not been able to independently confirm the rumor.

Get ready for aussie property.......

indomie
07-05-13, 14:24
There may be another rate cut in coming months: Aussie John Symond
Tuesday, 07 May 2013
Home

There’s never been a better time to buy property.

The Reserve Bank of Australia’s decision to cut rates by 0.25% today should help business and consumer confidence, but makes buying a property a very attractive proposition.

The larger than expected deficit coupled with a slow recovery overseas has meant the RBA needed to cut rates to encourage consumer confidence, and this cut coupled with already low rates and low property prices, should positively impact people’s ability to get into the property market or even consider an investment property.

This, coupled with government incentives to boost the building industry and stimulate the property sector, means that there’s also a great opportunity to consider a house and land package.

It’s good to see property prices gradually moving upwards, but house prices are near the bottom, and it’s still a buyer’s market.

It is worth talking to a mortgage broker like Aussie to see what savings you could make and what grants you are entitled to, because this rare combination of positive elements will not be aligned forever.

There may be another cut in coming months and a few economists are predicting the coming year to bring our lowest rates ever. Either way I am confident low rates will be enjoyed for a bit longer, and those ready to purchase have some excellent opportunities to do it now.

John*Symond is the*Aussie executive chairman and founder.

chestnut
07-05-13, 14:50
So brudder indomie, what is you guestimate on sing against aussie dollar???

I did some pairing about 1 week ago, hahahahaha.... Looks like I am gonna get it at 1.27.... Hahahahahaha

indomie
07-05-13, 15:04
So brudder indomie, what is you guestimate on sing against aussie dollar???

I did some pairing about 1 week ago, hahahahaha.... Looks like I am gonna get it at 1.27.... Hahahahahaha
I can't say bro.... I alway lose at pairing. Now at 1.25, if u hit at 1.27 its also a good result.

chestnut
07-05-13, 15:15
I can't say bro.... I alway lose at pairing. Now at 1.25, if u hit at 1.27 its also a good result.

thanks.... I need more aus $$$... Actually quite happy with this rate... can put in aus fd and get about 4.5% after tax withholding. Going to do more pairing shortly...

Cheers

:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:

supermax
07-05-13, 21:28
thanks.... I need more aus $$$... Actually quite happy with this rate... can put in aus fd and get about 4.5% after tax withholding. Going to do more pairing shortly...

Cheers

:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:Bro,dont mind sharing which bank you put,as Hsbc Austrlia only pay me 4.05%,4months before withholding tax.

chestnut
07-05-13, 22:11
Brudder, refer below

http://www.whistleout.com.au/TermDeposits

The last time I was in Melbourne, citi offered 5% before withholding tax of 10%. If u have a kid studying there, they are exempt from withholding tax...

:cheers1: :cheers1:

If u have citigold, transfer money FOC. Same as HSBC premier.

leesg123
07-05-13, 22:25
:cheers1: :cheers1:

If u have citigold, transfer money FOC. Same as HSBC premier.How is the exchange rate, since it is 'FOC'. I suppose it is factored inside the exchange rate?