PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Werther
05-05-13, 20:50
What's the conveyancing fee for seller if property is around $2m? Any idea? My relative selling but not sure of the fee charged by lawyer? Any other fee involved? I was told lawyer also charge a fee for holding the 4% stakeholder. Is it true?

leesg123
05-05-13, 21:13
get a few quotes from the law firms.

Werther
05-05-13, 21:33
get a few quotes from the law firms.

Thanks Lee. I thought fees are quite standard...about $3-4k?

evolutionx
06-05-13, 09:33
Thanks Lee. I thought fees are quite standard...about $3-4k?

should be about there. my lawyer charges me a standard $3500 whether or not the deal is worth $2m or $5m (just did one of both, and noticed the charges were more or less the same)

try Tan Peng Chin LLC if you want a comparative quote I suppose. These days I find using bigger lawyers tends to have less problems also. Above a certain amount, I *always* use Rodyk ...they have never failed me before and they always, always get the job done in the manner I want.

Werther
06-05-13, 17:38
should be about there. my lawyer charges me a standard $3500 whether or not the deal is worth $2m or $5m (just did one of both, and noticed the charges were more or less the same)

try Tan Peng Chin LLC if you want a comparative quote I suppose. These days I find using bigger lawyers tends to have less problems also. Above a certain amount, I *always* use Rodyk ...they have never failed me before and they always, always get the job done in the manner I want.

Ok. Thanks evok.

starrynight
06-05-13, 21:53
I think there is a difference in fees between off-plan and existing ppty.

I paid $3,000 (all in) for my resale $2+m unit. Lawyer is ex-colleague from my law firm days, who is very sound.

2 friends who recently bought off-plan pptys (under $1.5m) are using PKWA law firm at $2600. Dunno how good they are, but their name keeps popping up.

No sure about the stakeholder fee, as mine was all-in.

What's the conveyancing fee for seller if property is around $2m? Any idea? My relative selling but not sure of the fee charged by lawyer? Any other fee involved? I was told lawyer also charge a fee for holding the 4% stakeholder. Is it true?

Werther
06-05-13, 23:13
I think there is a difference in fees between off-plan and existing ppty.

I paid $3,000 (all in) for my resale $2+m unit. Lawyer is ex-colleague from my law firm days, who is very sound.

2 friends who recently bought off-plan pptys (under $1.5m) are using PKWA law firm at $2600. Dunno how good they are, but their name keeps popping up.

No sure about the stakeholder fee, as mine was all-in.

Thanks starry.

I checked with one small legal firm and they quoted about $2.8k...that's quite reasonable but they not very eager to clinch the deal, maybe the sum too small.

proud owner
07-05-13, 00:25
whatever it is

do not with this law firm starting with S ...

I had bad experience with them ... in fact when the agent told me the seller using that law firm I told him damn ..

and true enough ,.... bad thing happened..

I bought a unit from this guy A ... who bought another unit ... at the same time
S law firm did but the works for him ..

S would have to do a SELL document for him .. to me ... and a BUY document for him to the other seller ...

for example ... A buy unit #10-01 and sell his existing unit #08-01 to me ..

can u imagine I receive documents stating I bought 10-01 and not 08-01 ???

as I was busy and didn't really look thru .. I kept it for 3 mths ..

only when I was doing some filing 3 mths later .. than I found out the error ..

when I confronted them ... they said my lawyer should have checked ..and that my lawyer was trying to push the blame to them ..

OMG I scolded the lawyer at S firm ... " you are the one who prepared the documents.. you made the mistake first ... so don't push the blame ..

prior to this .. another friend also had bad experience with them ..

Buyer requested for earlier completion .. checked with agent... agent asked seller ... seller said ok ... all these were done thru email ..

the same email was then forwarded by the agent to S law firm ..

guess what ?

the simply replied to buyer and said NO seller don't agree ...

the agent and buyer were shocked ...how come seller agreed on email and yet said NO thru the lawyer ..

upon checking with seller over the phone ..seller said they did not say NO .. they agree to early completion

agent then forward the lawyer's email to seller .. seller was shocked ,,

seller then called lawyer and confronted them for an answer ..

the answer was : we are busy ... cannot process it on time ..

can u see what kind of law firm this is ?

they are busy ...and so they lied and use the seller's name to reply to buyer that seller disagree to it ..

all 3 ..agent .. buyer and seller wanted to sue the law firm ..

but later they rushed thru it and completed the deal early as requested ,, so the 3 party drop the plan to sue the law firm

in case you are wondering .. S law firm ..

S ( the cents of English pounds) ..

evolutionx
07-05-13, 09:47
whatever it is

do not with this law firm starting with S ...

I had bad experience with them ... in fact when the agent told me the seller using that law firm I told him damn ..

and true enough ,.... bad thing happened..

I bought a unit from this guy A ... who bought another unit ... at the same time
S law firm did but the works for him ..

S would have to do a SELL document for him .. to me ... and a BUY document for him to the other seller ...

for example ... A buy unit #10-01 and sell his existing unit #08-01 to me ..

can u imagine I receive documents stating I bought 10-01 and not 08-01 ???

as I was busy and didn't really look thru .. I kept it for 3 mths ..

only when I was doing some filing 3 mths later .. than I found out the error ..

when I confronted them ... they said my lawyer should have checked ..and that my lawyer was trying to push the blame to them ..

OMG I scolded the lawyer at S firm ... " you are the one who prepared the documents.. you made the mistake first ... so don't push the blame ..

prior to this .. another friend also had bad experience with them ..

Buyer requested for earlier completion .. checked with agent... agent asked seller ... seller said ok ... all these were done thru email ..

the same email was then forwarded by the agent to S law firm ..

guess what ?

the simply replied to buyer and said NO seller don't agree ...

the agent and buyer were shocked ...how come seller agreed on email and yet said NO thru the lawyer ..

upon checking with seller over the phone ..seller said they did not say NO .. they agree to early completion

agent then forward the lawyer's email to seller .. seller was shocked ,,

seller then called lawyer and confronted them for an answer ..

the answer was : we are busy ... cannot process it on time ..

can u see what kind of law firm this is ?

they are busy ...and so they lied and use the seller's name to reply to buyer that seller disagree to it ..

all 3 ..agent .. buyer and seller wanted to sue the law firm ..

but later they rushed thru it and completed the deal early as requested ,, so the 3 party drop the plan to sue the law firm

in case you are wondering .. S law firm ..

S ( the cents of English pounds) ..

why waste time suing another lawyer. just go law society let them handle la. lawyers will argue about everything .. you should realize this by now :)

also werther - sometimes just pick a law firm you feel comfortable with and build a relationship with them. don't look at how much you can save upfront ... one of the lawyers I work with has become a friend so much so that anytime I need advice, he is only a phone call or email away. and he never bothers to charge because he says i am one of the few who dont bargain with him over $200-$300.

anyway just something for you to keep in mind :)

Werther
07-05-13, 19:00
why waste time suing another lawyer. just go law society let them handle la. lawyers will argue about everything .. you should realize this by now :)

also werther - sometimes just pick a law firm you feel comfortable with and build a relationship with them. don't look at how much you can save upfront ... one of the lawyers I work with has become a friend so much so that anytime I need advice, he is only a phone call or email away. and he never bothers to charge because he says i am one of the few who dont bargain with him over $200-$300.

anyway just something for you to keep in mind :)

Thanks for your advice, evolution. I am just checking on behalf.