PDA

View Full Version : Aquire of travel membership

irisng
02-05-13, 17:06
Do you think it is advisable to let go your resort membership at 40 - 60% of your purchase price or hold on to it?

acidic.straw
03-05-13, 17:29
Do you think it is advisable to let go your resort membership at 40 - 60% of your purchase price or hold on to it?

timeshare scheme?

irisng
03-05-13, 17:47
timeshare scheme?

Ya, is a resort club. I have just rejected her offer and she suggested to rent from me but I also rejected her.

acidic.straw
03-05-13, 22:21
Ya, is a resort club. I have just rejected her offer and she suggested to rent from me but I also rejected her.

if you can get cash and cut off cleanly, good to sell off. ...but beware of companies that offer to sell off for you for a fee...they are scams that will suck more money out of you.

irisng
03-05-13, 23:31
if you can get cash and cut off cleanly, good to sell off. ...but beware of companies that offer to sell off for you for a fee...they are scams that will suck more money out of you.

I ever thought of selling off my shares before but don't know whether can sell it back to my club or not, at least at par value. As I think that the membership price has gone up but this company only offers me 40-60% of my purchase price, I will lost about $6k to $9k (based on my par value). There is a life span of 49 yrs but I have already used for 6 yrs.

She said the company will take care of all the transfer fees, I need not pay any single cents. I went into their website to see but can't find much info leh.

acidic.straw
04-05-13, 00:02
I ever thought of selling off my shares before but don't know whether can sell it back to my club or not, at least at par value. As I think that the membership price has gone up but this company only offers me 40-60% of my purchase price, I will lost about $6k to $9k (based on my par value). There is a life span of 49 yrs but I have already used for 6 yrs.

She said the company will take care of all the transfer fees, I need not pay any single cents. I went into their website to see but can't find much info leh.

Good to do some research on the company. Plenty of stories of people kena con by such companies. Do a google and see what you can find. Good luck!

irisng
04-05-13, 11:39
Good to do some research on the company. Plenty of stories of people kena con by such companies. Do a google and see what you can find. Good luck!

The company is dealing with some medical facilities. She said they are aquiring the resort for their patients to relax.

mcmlxxvi
04-05-13, 14:35
timeshare buy back is another scam.

imagine kena scam first time to buy it.

then second time to convert with lump sum so as no need to pay annual maint.

then third time to buy back your timeshare or rent from you but u need to pay more fees.

such an ingenious business plan. much like anti virus software company biz model. Create a problem, and then generate demand for your solution to sell to those who kena the problem. Of coz only u have the solution coz is unique problem generated by you. wahahahahahahahah