PDA

View Full Version : HarbourLights versus Riverside Melodies

danguard
27-04-13, 18:48
Dear Esteemed Brothers and Sisters,

I wish to garner your expertise assistance in our final narrowed choices of private residences: Riverside Melodies versus Harbourlights for your esteemed learned opinions.

Both properties are freehold, and both near 1 km of reputable primary school: Riverside Melodies (Saint Andrews) and Harbourlights (Radin Mas) - as my kid is nearing the time where we need to really look for a good residence address.

We are deciding between a smaller unit at Harbourlights at avg 1550psf, or Riverside brand new at around 1330 psf.

Initial favorable view for Harbourlights, although additional hefty renovation costs required - being an old 16 year old development already. Given our budget - also looking at a smaller unit then compared to Riverside.

Wish to have more views, I tried to find a thread on harbourlights but apparently discussions on this development somewhat missing.

Many thanks in advance for any views/opinions/discussions - all respected. Many thanks.

iridrium
27-04-13, 19:57

I wish to garner your expertise assistance in our final narrowed choices of private residences: Riverside Melodies versus Harbourlights for your esteemed learned opinions.

Both properties are freehold, and both near 1 km of reputable primary school: Riverside Melodies (Saint Andrews) and Harbourlights (Radin Mas) - as my kid is nearing the time where we need to really look for a good residence address.

We are deciding between a smaller unit at Harbourlights at avg 1550psf, or Riverside brand new at around 1330 psf.

Initial favorable view for Harbourlights, although additional hefty renovation costs required - being an old 16 year old development already. Given our budget - also looking at a smaller unit then compared to Riverside.

Wish to have more views, I tried to find a thread on harbourlights but apparently discussions on this development somewhat missing.

Many thanks in advance for any views/opinions/discussions - all respected. Many thanks.

I will go for harbourlight. Don't like riverside at all, cte and pie will kill you.

CondoInterested
27-04-13, 22:50
In terms of school, St Andrew Junior is better and honestly heard of Radin Mas but don't much of that school, but you have to check out kiasuparents.com about the chances of getting into the school or schools at Phase 2C (elder sibling in school - Phase 1, alumni - Phase 2A1 / 2A2, teacher of the school - Phase 2A2, parent volunteer - Phase 2B).

If I am not wrong, there is affiliation from Pri to Sec and Sec to JC for St Andrews, but please call and check this out. If it is this, this is definitely good choice.

Do not know much about the 2 property.

mcmlxxvi
28-04-13, 07:08
harbourlights sure enbloc within next decade... so whats the point of buying it for location?

danguard
28-04-13, 07:58
harbourlights sure enbloc within next decade... so whats the point of buying it for location?

Really? It's near my new workplace at Keppel bay tower and vivocity is really convenient for shopping and all. Heard about the en bloc potential but think it might not be so soon since the container port will only be relocated by 2020 etc - and en bloc will generate profits for me even at 1550 Psf price that I am paying ? Many thanks

danguard
28-04-13, 07:59
In terms of school, St Andrew Junior is better and honestly heard of Radin Mas but don't much of that school, but you have to check out kiasuparents.com about the chances of getting into the school or schools at Phase 2C (elder sibling in school - Phase 1, alumni - Phase 2A1 / 2A2, teacher of the school - Phase 2A2, parent volunteer - Phase 2B).

If I am not wrong, there is affiliation from Pri to Sec and Sec to JC for St Andrews, but please call and check this out. If it is this, this is definitely good choice.

Do not know much about the 2 property.

My wife checked and apparently radin mas is within top 30 I think. Though I like saint Andrews since I was from SAJC and kind of liked the school environment - thanks for the advice !!

danguard
28-04-13, 08:00
I will go for harbourlight. Don't like riverside at all, cte and pie will kill you.

Thanks for your input - traffic conditions are a pain that's true - or any alternative at around similar Psf would you consider ?

mcmlxxvi
28-04-13, 08:21
guess you have a point. by that time ur boy already finish psle

danguard
28-04-13, 10:40
guess you have a point. by that time ur boy already finish psle

With container port shifting, new underpass direct to RWS and also empty land plot from Seah Imm to abandoned interchange area - I think potential is there for some mega conglomerate to buy and redevelop especially in LT horizon of 10-15 years

But like all things its should be a home - buy property to stay not so much to sell in the near term

CondoInterested
28-04-13, 11:26
My wife checked and apparently radin mas is within top 30 I think. Though I like saint Andrews since I was from SAJC and kind of liked the school environment - thanks for the advice !!ST Andrews has a tradition, name, reputation, network (type of students going there and their parents) which is good for the future of your child, etc. Just look at how many successful ST Andrews old boys you will know, Radin Mas, have not heard of. For me if I was from there, it's a no brainer which school to choose.

DKSG
28-04-13, 11:32
Not sure why experienced investor would ask such question openly ?

Buy old 16 year old apartment which needs a lot of renovation, and not sure after reno still got other structural problems ? Or worse after reno 4 years later enbloc at about the same price ? And near Top 30 school (probably 28th ?) ???

Compare this with brand new condo near good school, probably top 10 ?

I think you rank you child's education as secondary to your investment opportunities. If so, the trade your child education for the en bloc dream then!

Good Luck!

DKSG

danguard
28-04-13, 11:48
ST Andrews has a tradition, name, reputation, network (type of students going there and their parents) which is good for the future of your child, etc. Just look at how many successful ST Andrews old boys you will know, Radin Mas, have not heard of. For me if I was from there, it's a no brainer which school to choose.

true - mabbe not riverside but other properties near that area? But its a Boy's school, my wife has certain reservations

danguard
28-04-13, 11:50
Not sure why experienced investor would ask such question openly ?

Buy old 16 year old apartment which needs a lot of renovation, and not sure after reno still got other structural problems ? Or worse after reno 4 years later enbloc at about the same price ? And near Top 30 school (probably 28th ?) ???

Compare this with brand new condo near good school, probably top 10 ?

I think you rank you child's education as secondary to your investment opportunities. If so, the trade your child education for the en bloc dream then!

Good Luck!

DKSG

not seasoned investor - a young bird here actually haha. Thanks though for your inputs bro !

lionhill
28-04-13, 11:59
For primary education, Radimas is good enough lah.

From vivo, you can easily go to RI for secondary and Junior collegue and NUS for graduate education.

from the perspective of investment, I dare not make comments.

CondoInterested
28-04-13, 12:46
true - mabbe not riverside but other properties near that area? But its a Boy's school, my wife has certain reservations
Boys school, what's wrong?

I am from a all Boys school, my son from the same school and we are all normal.

Mixed schools also got gay what.

CondoInterested
28-04-13, 12:54
Full schools, 10 years from P1 to S4 are very rich in traditions, ST Andrews can even extend to JC. This type of transitions even RI, use to 4 yrs until IP with 6 yrs, also cannot compare because they.do not have a feeder Pri schools.

CondoInterested
28-04-13, 12:58
Think out of the box, good school is important, staying near the school is irrelevant considering Singapore is actually very small.

danguard
28-04-13, 13:01
Think out of the box, good school is important, staying near the school is irrelevant considering Singapore is actually very small.

Parent volunteer scheme only accepts within 1 km
Radius and I am not qualified as st Andrew alumni as i am only from their JC

danguard
28-04-13, 13:04
Full schools, 10 years from P1 to S4 are very rich in traditions, ST Andrews can even extend to JC. This type of transitions even RI, use to 4 yrs until IP with 6 yrs, also cannot compare because they.do not have a feeder Pri schools.

True also can secure transition just in case kid needs that extra push into a good JC as well - have a timeline for parent volunteer since this year need to pin down primary school and all also

DKSG
28-04-13, 16:12

I think you never fetch kids to school before la!

A 10 mins drive compared to 30 mins drive to school in the morning makes ALOT ALOT of difference.

Try staying in River Valley, fetch kids to school in Bishan, then come back to CBD for work.

DKSG

Amber Woods
28-04-13, 17:31

Most of the new developments around Riverside Melodies are MM units selling at around $1350 psf. Riverside M is normal big unit and developer is trying to sell about the same price as those MM units on a psf basis. Need to do your research before you commit.

delirious_jeff
28-04-13, 17:43
Riverside, for me. Old estates, more things need replacing than new ones. Recall a recent incident at Woodsvale involving underground pipes.

If you can consider Riverside, you probably drive. Weekdays, you can hire school bus to transport child to n fro school. Weekends, you have to the fetching. Know of colleague who is in Jurong and hires school bus to fetch daughter to RGS. (Btw, staying near good school doesn't guarantee a place)

CondoInterested
28-04-13, 17:48
Parent volunteer scheme only accepts within 1 km
Radius and I am not qualified as st Andrew alumni as i am only from their JC
Oh... like that even after PV also have to wait for lucky draw even after spending so much. Sigh.

My kids all study some more than 30 minutes drive away, we depend on school bus.

But anyway, ideally near school is better.

danguard
28-04-13, 18:59
I think you never fetch kids to school before la!

A 10 mins drive compared to 30 mins drive to school in the morning makes ALOT ALOT of difference.

Try staying in River Valley, fetch kids to school in Bishan, then come back to CBD for work.

DKSG

yeap its true - very tiring esp in the morning need to rush to work immediately thereafter

danguard
28-04-13, 19:00
Riverside, for me. Old estates, more things need replacing than new ones. Recall a recent incident at Woodsvale involving underground pipes.

If you can consider Riverside, you probably drive. Weekdays, you can hire school bus to transport child to n fro school. Weekends, you have to the fetching. Know of colleague who is in Jurong and hires school bus to fetch daughter to RGS. (Btw, staying near good school doesn't guarantee a place)

yeap drive but small small B&B car only la heh - old development have risk but i intend to intensive renovation to hack and replace pipings for all toilets, kitchen, yard etc -estimated reno quotation for overhaul smelly smelly 70k etc :doh:

DKSG
28-04-13, 22:49
yeap drive but small small B&B car only la heh - old development have risk but i intend to intensive renovation to hack and replace pipings for all toilets, kitchen, yard etc -estimated reno quotation for overhaul smelly smelly 70k etc :doh:

Why throw good money away ?

Monies spent on reno is hardly recoverable.

Anyway, the choice is yours.

DKSG

yowetan
28-04-13, 23:12
Hi...Mt Sinai will be a better choice.

mygeemeel
29-04-13, 01:31

Goondu. What has this thread got to do with Mt Senile?

mcmlxxvi
29-04-13, 09:02
ya man. the only gay in this village came from mixed school.

and that village wasnt st andrews village in case mrs danguard was wondering.

lionhill
29-04-13, 09:34
I am wondering whether Danguard has narrowed down his choice or get more confused.

The attachment of alumni to their respective school is amazing. ACSI people think ACSI is the best, now ST Andrews people think ST Andrews is the best.

To be frank, when my kids were in primary school, I had bought the test papers of the top schools every year. I have never heard of ST Andrews Junor, let along ST Andrews JC, blah blah.

Radin Mas, I once monitored it.

danguard
29-04-13, 10:27

thanks for the tip and the reminder on the school - yeap taking it with a pinch of salt as well :cool:

danguard
29-04-13, 10:28

i know i cannot afford it now so i would rather buy something within my current means now - not going to MTB ... all other contradictory theories notwithstanding

azeoprop
29-04-13, 10:28
Riverside for me. Actually it is very quiet there if you get low to mid floor. Even if you get top floor the noise is just some constant background traffic noise.

danguard
29-04-13, 10:31
I am wondering whether Danguard has narrowed down his choice or get more confused.

The attachment of alumni to their respective school is amazing. ACSI people think ACSI is the best, now ST Andrews people think ST Andrews is the best.

To be frank, when my kids were in primary school, I had bought the test papers of the top schools every year. I have never heard of ST Andrews Junor, let along ST Andrews JC, blah blah.

Radin Mas, I once monitored it.

I was from Saints and I understand where the ex-Alumni pple are coming from heh

Objectively kiasu parents does provide a ranking of Radin Mas being higher than St Andrews basis what they have managed to find - not official of course but every bit helps

at the end of the day, I was not provided with the education i would have wanted by my parents (and I dun blame them for that) as our means were less than desirable then and there were 4 siblings.

I plan to only have a son - and being my only son, I would want to do more for him than what I wanted to have then but could not (kind of over-compensating for what I did not have).

Am also saving up for his overseas education - I want him to go Kings to study Law - but thats another story and depending on whether he would want to do it haha

thanks again for the kind post and yr time :)

Matador
29-04-13, 11:51
As parents we do what we can. But don't lose sleep or be consumed with anguish and anxiety over it. I moved house so that my son could get into SJI Jnr. But his PSLE was not good enough (missed by 2 pts) for him to get to SJI Sec. But he's happy in his less-than-prestigious school now, and is also excelling in one of the sports that the school is outstanding in and he's far happier than when he was in Pri School. So, he has accidentally stumbled upon a school that best suits him. At least that's what I think. So we can only try to get them into the so-called better schools, and let them take it from there. Much much too early to plan for or fret over university. Very very early days.

mcmlxxvi
29-04-13, 12:43
Great Expectations.

DKSG
29-04-13, 14:00
As parents we do what we can. But don't lose sleep or be consumed with anguish and anxiety over it. I moved house so that my son could get into SJI Jnr. But his PSLE was not good enough (missed by 2 pts) for him to get to SJI Sec. But he's happy in his less-than-prestigious school now, and is also excelling in one of the sports that the school is outstanding in and he's far happier than when he was in Pri School. So, he has accidentally stumbled upon a school that best suits him. At least that's what I think. So we can only try to get them into the so-called better schools, and let them take it from there. Much much too early to plan for or fret over university. Very very early days.

Office Boy comes from a neighbourhood school also, the school is so jia-lat that after Office Boy finished PSLE, they closed down!

But then Office Boy did well in not-so-good school and was happy that he is in top 10 of the school. After going to good secondary school and perform so-so, I learnt that being in the best amongst the not so good spur me more than being the nobody in good school!

DKSG

Jaykj
29-04-13, 15:57
I was from Saints and I understand where the ex-Alumni pple are coming from heh

Objectively kiasu parents does provide a ranking of Radin Mas being higher than St Andrews basis what they have managed to find - not official of course but every bit helps

at the end of the day, I was not provided with the education i would have wanted by my parents (and I dun blame them for that) as our means were less than desirable then and there were 4 siblings.

I plan to only have a son - and being my only son, I would want to do more for him than what I wanted to have then but could not (kind of over-compensating for what I did not have).

Am also saving up for his overseas education - I want him to go Kings to study Law - but thats another story and depending on whether he would want to do it haha

thanks again for the kind post and yr time :)

I think you are doing the right thing to consider proximity to school as one of the criteria when nailing down the property to buy. However, do not mix too many other factors into the pot or you will end up looking around the whole of Singapore. I'm speaking from experience.

In any case, between the 2 schools, I would go for SAJS. Not because of academic reasons but due to:-

1) Affiliation to Sec and JC
2) Holistic development (not just focused on academic but character building as well)
3) OBA

For me, pt 1 is very important as it immediately takes away the stress from day 1 when your boy enter primary school. Why do I say this? For non-affiliated schools, even if they are top schools, the parents will still be stressed to ensure that the child is near the top of the cohort every year so that they can enter the high performance classes where some schools stretch the child further. The reason is to ensure that the child does well for PSLE and thus enter a good secondary school. If you have average T-Scores, you will probably end up in an average secondary schools. Even for some average schools like Fairfield Methodist Sec, a T-Score of >245 is required for `outsider' to enter the school whereas one just need a T-Score of 200 (I think) to go to the sec school.

And because of pt 1, I suspect schools like FMPS, ACSJ, ACSP, SAJS can afford to focus more on character building than just purely academic excellence due to the fact they have a feeder secondary school. And its also no fault of non-feeder school to focus on academic excellence as parents would demand that the child be well prepared to go to good secondary schools.

I know schools are not everything but try telling that to your wife :D Do note here I use the term `good school' very very loosely and its very subject but I believe you get the drift. Thus for me, proximity to the child's school is important.

Which then begs the next question, how about investment criteria. Within current system, to balance the 2, I would say buy the ppty which you think will have investment potential BUT rent it out and rent a place near to the school. In this way, you cover both criteria nicely.....obviously there will be additional costs but you have to weigh the benefits

Happy hunting!

danguard
29-04-13, 16:13
I think you are doing the right thing to consider proximity to school as one of the criteria when nailing down the property to buy. However, do not mix too many other factors into the pot or you will end up looking around the whole of Singapore. I'm speaking from experience.

In any case, between the 2 schools, I would go for SAJS. Not because of academic reasons but due to:-

1) Affiliation to Sec and JC
2) Holistic development (not just focused on academic but character building as well)
3) OBA

For me, pt 1 is very important as it immediately takes away the stress from day 1 when your boy enter primary school. Why do I say this? For non-affiliated schools, even if they are top schools, the parents will still be stressed to ensure that the child is near the top of the cohort every year so that they can enter the high performance classes where some schools stretch the child further. The reason is to ensure that the child does well for PSLE and thus enter a good secondary school. If you have average T-Scores, you will probably end up in an average secondary schools. Even for some average schools like Fairfield Methodist Sec, a T-Score of >245 is required for `outsider' to enter the school whereas one just need a T-Score of 200 (I think) to go to the sec school.

And because of pt 1, I suspect schools like FMPS, ACSJ, ACSP, SAJS can afford to focus more on character building than just purely academic excellence due to the fact they have a feeder secondary school. And its also no fault of non-feeder school to focus on academic excellence as parents would demand that the child be well prepared to go to good secondary schools.

I know schools are not everything but try telling that to your wife :D Do note here I use the term `good school' very very loosely and its very subject but I believe you get the drift. Thus for me, proximity to the child's school is important.

Which then begs the next question, how about investment criteria. Within current system, to balance the 2, I would say buy the ppty which you think will have investment potential BUT rent it out and rent a place near to the school. In this way, you cover both criteria nicely.....obviously there will be additional costs but you have to weigh the benefits

Happy hunting!

Hi Jay - I think u are spot on especially the last bit. It seems u can read my mind!

In choosing harborlights, I do indeed have plans to lease it out while living in a rental HDB 4 rm next to Radin Mas - net net I think conservatively there is some positive cashflow from this arrangement. The same arrangement can be made for any other property - but there are so many harborlights unit with lease going with it that it seems easier.

Of course, seller will try to factor that into the selling price, but I think there is a somewhat baseline (which I have did some preliminary research) to attempt to low-ball them slightly and yet be reasonable (i hope).

It also acts as a safeguard for me just in case of rainy days, and when I am out of a job.

This goes towards my traditional Chinese family ethos - to always be thrifty (not stingy). Dun flaunt and spend excessively (I still wear G2000 and drive a B&B car), when my colleagues drive mercedes and BMWs

danguard
29-04-13, 16:15
Office Boy comes from a neighbourhood school also, the school is so jia-lat that after Office Boy finished PSLE, they closed down!

But then Office Boy did well in not-so-good school and was happy that he is in top 10 of the school. After going to good secondary school and perform so-so, I learnt that being in the best amongst the not so good spur me more than being the nobody in good school!

DKSG

I am the 2nd top student in my neighbourhood school as well - then my grades allowed me to go SAJC - class S1 - and then I just went straight to study madly and managed to achieve what I have today. My neighbourhood primary and sec school is still here (in Bukit Batok area) - both side by side heh - and i remember during my sec sch days, always there will be a police car at assembly to catch reported gangsters! :scared-3:

danguard
29-04-13, 16:16
Great Expectations.

yeap my friend, but thats because I managed to do it somewhat and expect nothing less of my offspring. Not too unreasonable I think heh - but it depends i guess where his calling will be down the road lor :beats-me-man:

danguard
29-04-13, 16:17

Many thanks for this - understand this, and yeap, if this is what he truly enjoys then i will support him - just dun want to regret not giving him what I can at this stage of my life and splurge on a stupid conti car for vanity :ashamed1:

lionhill
29-04-13, 16:54
There does exist difference in schools.

My two kids, one graduated from Nanhua, one from another school - also known as good.
I could feel the difference after I attended the PSLE preparation talk. After I attended the talk in Nanhua, i was very sure what's the requirement of the PSLE. However, after I attended the talk from the other school, I was clueless.

If I could not understand what the teacher was trying to coveying, how can I expect my child to?

good school does not mean success of the child. Anyway, it is good to provide a chance fro the kids if the cost is not very high.

yowetan
29-04-13, 20:07
There does exist difference in schools.

My two kids, one graduated from Nanhua, one from another school - also known as good.
I could feel the difference after I attended the PSLE preparation talk. After I attended the talk in Nanhua, i was very sure what's the requirement of the PSLE. However, after I attended the talk from the other school, I was clueless.

If I could not understand what the teacher was trying to coveying, how can I expect my child to?

good school does not mean success of the child. Anyway, it is good to provide a chance fro the kids if the cost is not very high.

Hi...why din't you enrolled your two children into same school?

Anyway, Mt Sinai is really good and the school - Henry Park primary is good.

mygeemeel
29-04-13, 20:16

Wah liao eh ! You really talk without using brain. :doh:

lionhill
29-04-13, 22:15

Nanhua is 10 minutes ride away from my home, so for the second one, just send her to the nearby school, thinking it does not matter. but it does.

yes, henry park is good, but Mt Sinai is too expensive now, have missed the boat, waiting for a crash like you:).

actually, I think you are really greedy. If I am not wrong, you are staying at Mt Sinai, yet still wanting another one.

yowetan
29-04-13, 22:44
Nanhua is 10 minutes ride away from my home, so for the second one, just send her to the nearby school, thinking it does not matter. but it does.

yes, henry park is good, but Mt Sinai is too expensive now, have missed the boat, waiting for a crash like you:).

actually, I think you are really greedy. If I am not wrong, you are staying at Mt Sinai, yet still wanting another one.

Hi...thanks from your personal experience of sending two children to different schools. Nanhua is good, similiar to Mt Sinai. However, the latter is more tranquil class of it's own and is incidentally connected to the nth avenue.

I love Mt Sinai, and it is an unearth gem. You stay near Nan Hua and ought to know the beauty of Holland and Pandan and Vista neighbourhood.

To the thread-starter, please consider Mt Sinai; you won't go wrong given your budget.

danguard
30-04-13, 10:59
Hi...thanks from your personal experience of sending two children to different schools. Nanhua is good, similiar to Mt Sinai. However, the latter is more tranquil class of it's own and is incidentally connected to the nth avenue.

I love Mt Sinai, and it is an unearth gem. You stay near Nan Hua and ought to know the beauty of Holland and Pandan and Vista neighbourhood.

To the thread-starter, please consider Mt Sinai; you won't go wrong given your budget.

my budget does not allow me to afford a property at Mt. Sinai - just checked online property forums. Unless u have other sources otherwise :beats-me-man:

yowetan
30-04-13, 12:19
my budget does not allow me to afford a property at Mt. Sinai - just checked online property forums. Unless u have other sources otherwise :beats-me-man:

Hi...the two developments that you are watching will also set you approximately 1.6mil and above. Hence, in retrospective view - Mt Sinai will be a better choice.

lionhill
30-04-13, 12:37
Hi...the two developments that you are watching will also set you approximately 1.6mil and above. Hence, in retrospective view - Mt Sinai will be a better choice.

I got it finally. You are not asking for a crash, but instead promoting your Mt Sinai.

from, Mt Sinai, it is not convenient to dangauard's office, you know.

yowetan
30-04-13, 15:15
I got it finally. You are not asking for a crash, but instead promoting your Mt Sinai.

from, Mt Sinai, it is not convenient to dangauard's office, you know.
Hi...A crash will benefit geniune people like me who yearn for a dream home in Mt Sinai.Answering to your query, and for threadstarter benefit - he/she could drive from Mt Sinai exiting Ghim Moh and going to Science park 1 and 2 route - the devil bends behind NUS, reaching out to the Keppel tower. It is by far convienient to his/her new office.Mt Sinai is a strategically positioned community.

danguard
30-04-13, 15:19
Hi...A crash will benefit geniune people like me who yearn for a dream home in Mt Sinai.Answering to your query, and for threadstarter benefit - he/she could drive from Mt Sinai exiting Ghim Moh and going to Science park 1 and 2 route - the devil bends behind NUS, reaching out to the Keppel tower. It is by far convienient to his/her new office.Mt Sinai is a strategically positioned community.

its just across the street from harbourlights for me though. And rightly, or wrongly, the development potential at least for that area seems higher with the container port going off and the underpass being constructed to RWS as we speak to ease the traffic congestion.

for the same 1.6 M I can a bigger unit since lower psf though as compared to Mt. Sinai - most units there 2 M and above, and some of them looks MM to me because of the super high PSF there

Traffic appears to be bad especially in the morning (and I need to send kid to school from there) seems madness for me though

danguard
30-04-13, 15:20

Henry Park is good as top 20 or so as well. Its not practically within my reach given current PSF value there, at least for me. Long Term affordability must be taken into account also ma, now can afford wait I kanna retrench how :scared-1:

yowetan
30-04-13, 22:51
its just across the street from harbourlights for me though. And rightly, or wrongly, the development potential at least for that area seems higher with the container port going off and the underpass being constructed to RWS as we speak to ease the traffic congestion.

for the same 1.6 M I can a bigger unit since lower psf though as compared to Mt. Sinai - most units there 2 M and above, and some of them looks MM to me because of the super high PSF there

Traffic appears to be bad especially in the morning (and I need to send kid to school from there) seems madness for me though

Hi...your office is not that far from Mt Sinai.

You have various route(s) to take on:

1. Science park 1 route devil bends to Pasir Panjang road, straight to your office
2. Alexandra road leads to interlace to Arc then to your office
3. Alexandra to redhill to Tiong bahru to Mt Faber to your office
4. Alexandra to redhill to henderson to your office
5. Alexandra to SGH outram road then to your office
6. Coming out from Mt Sinai to orchard road then turn to tanglin to Tiong bahru to your office.
7. Coming out from Mt Sinai to orchard road then turn to tanglin to outram road to your office.

All routes are approximately 20 minutes.

You won't regret getting one.

I am trying my best to get one.

azeoprop
30-04-13, 23:06
http://www.riversidemelodies.com/ebrochure/

polarinda
06-05-13, 16:22

Ya but with you living there, it'll stink.

polarinda
06-05-13, 16:23
Hi...your office is not that far from Mt Sinai.

You have various route(s) to take on:

1. Science park 1 route devil bends to Pasir Panjang road, straight to your office
2. Alexandra road leads to interlace to Arc then to your office
3. Alexandra to redhill to Tiong bahru to Mt Faber to your office
4. Alexandra to redhill to henderson to your office
5. Alexandra to SGH outram road then to your office
6. Coming out from Mt Sinai to orchard road then turn to tanglin to Tiong bahru to your office.
7. Coming out from Mt Sinai to orchard road then turn to tanglin to outram road to your office.

All routes are approximately 20 minutes.

You won't regret getting one.

I am trying my best to get one.

your trying your best is to pray the economy crash?
why don't study harder or build up a business money making plan, then you can buy anytime and anywhere instead of cursing our economy?

PC08
05-11-13, 19:07
Henry Park is good as top 20 or so as well. Its not practically within my reach given current PSF value there, at least for me. Long Term affordability must be taken into account also ma, now can afford wait I kanna retrench how :scared-1:

Hi Danguard, have you bought your property?

I am also thinking of putting my child in Radin Mas, so may get something nearby as a 7-10 years stronghold before 2017.

Regardless what news and agents say, from chart and trending, there is still a lot of greed amidst the statistics, but with indication of negative divergence. You aint supposed to be scared now, maybe later though. ;-)

PC08
05-11-13, 19:18
your trying your best is to pray the economy crash?
why don't study harder or build up a business money making plan, then you can buy anytime and anywhere instead of cursing our economy?

Almost everything I can think of has a cycle. Boom, bust and consolidation are part and parcel of any economic cycle. You can't fault him for stating the period that will come after every boom. I wished life is an everyday sunday experience, but unfortunately, its not.