PDA

View Full Version : HDB vs CONDO vs LANDED

radha08
25-04-13, 23:33
After having lived in all 3 types of housing over past few years this is my 2:2cents: VIEW

HDB people are warmer and more down to earth meet your neighbour they will ask about latest govt policies etc etc ask hows ur mum/kids/mother in law:scared-1:

Condo FULL of politics sometimes argue about dogs pooing here n there sometimes about carpark issues etc a LOT of bitching and BAD mouthing:doh:
its SICKENING at times COMPLAIN this COMPLAIN that

LANDED:cheers5: nobody gives a f about you but THEY all got a eye on u what car u drive what BAG your wife carry:eek: KNS :doh: this type of landed people coffin made of GOLD:D:D:D

SO BOTTOMLINE bros/sis enjoy whatever type of housing type u stay got good n bad:cheers4:

CondoInterested
25-04-13, 23:49
So conclusion is still best to stay in HDB?

radha08
25-04-13, 23:52
So conclusion is still best to stay in HDB?

bro thats up to indvidual if u like to SHOW OFF--landed if u like to FIGHT bang table etc etc-CONDO

if u just want to live your life HDB:D:D:D

proud owner
25-04-13, 23:59
bro thats up to indvidual if u like to SHOW OFF--landed if u like to FIGHT bang table etc etc-CONDO

if u just want to live your life HDB:D:D:D

like you

i have lived in all 3

for me
HDB ... car kana scratched ... bicycle wheel stolen ...
condo .... pay for facilities but always crowded ...so cant and dont use
landed .. have all the privacy i need ... neighbours are nice .. bbq invite each other ... or sat night watch games on TV together

Ringo33
26-04-13, 00:01
Most families with kids will definitely prefer condo due to the facilities and opportunities to play with other kids in the estate

Most retirees will definitely prefer to live in HDB due to cost and proximity to amenities

As for landed, I have no clue..:)

Ringo33
26-04-13, 00:05
like you

i have lived in all 3

for me
HDB ... car kana scratched ... bicycle wheel stolen ...
condo .... pay for facilities but always crowded ...so cant and dont use
landed .. have all the privacy i need ... neighbours are nice .. bbq invite each other ... or sat night watch games on TV together

Aiyo, who say landed neighbours are nicer, so many cases of fighting over stupid things.

actually I think there are more social activities in HDB than in landed property. I am using facebook photos are a gauge.

azeoprop
26-04-13, 00:09
Some old time landed estate got that kampong spirit last time. Can keep gates open with friendly neighbours. :) But as time passes, the older ones pass on, younger ones grow up and move away and more new faces come in, that spirit somehow disappeared. :beats-me-man:

proud owner
26-04-13, 00:12
Aiyo, who say landed neighbours are nicer, so many cases of fighting over stupid things.

actually I think there are more social activities in HDB than in landed property. I am using facebook photos are a gauge.

i said : " for me "

meaning that in my experience ... not in general ...

NO_7
26-04-13, 00:16
Last time only condo had ang moh, now hdb also have ang moh.
Now foreigner everywhere, sooner the 1mil HDB will become like condo pattern.

radha08
26-04-13, 00:20
ha ha stirring a lot of emotions cheers bro we all got our experiences and expectations in life whether hdb landed or condo

live n let live:cheers1:

Ringo33
26-04-13, 00:54
ha ha stirring a lot of emotions cheers bro we all got our experiences and expectations in life whether hdb landed or condo

live n let live:cheers1:
you should blame yourself for posting this kind of nonsensical thread loh. How many time we have gone through this sort of thread in this forum liao.

If want to compare, best is to compare the practicality and the economic , tangible benefits and trade off rather than people stealing bicycle wheel or neighbor quarreling etc.

Komo
26-04-13, 01:44
given a choice, believe anyone who has stayed in a condo before would not want to stay in hdb anymore. anyone who had stayed in landed before may still consider moving back to condo :D :D

Arcachon
26-04-13, 02:14
Don't have chance to stay in a landed Property in Singapore.

Only get to stay in Rock Ridge apartment in Oro Valley, USA in 2002 to 2005

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/13650_1213684535177_3105719_n.jpg

http://www.rockridgeapartments.com/4/Apartments-in-Tucson-Arizona/

And SNI in La teste de Buch France. 2007 to now.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/156626_1554995787745_6315958_n.jpg

Everyone is so friendly in USA and France.

radha08
26-04-13, 05:15
you should blame yourself for posting this kind of nonsensical thread loh. How many time we have gone through this sort of thread in this forum liao.

If want to compare, best is to compare the practicality and the economic , tangible benefits and trade off rather than people stealing bicycle wheel or neighbor quarreling etc.

better than people posting everyday market going to crash :ashamed1:

radha08
26-04-13, 05:16
Don't have chance to stay in a landed Property in Singapore.

Only get to stay in Rock Ridge apartment in Oro Valley, USA in 2002 to 2005

http://www.rockridgeapartments.com/4/Apartments-in-Tucson-Arizona/

your living the good life bro dont come back unless u want free MRT rides:D:D:D

bsslang
26-04-13, 07:24
In HDB, people seems to be friendier. Some people in condo look at you with no facial expression and makes you feel you are transparent to them.

irisng
26-04-13, 08:37
For me, staying in HDB has more freedom while condo has lots of restrictions.

In HDB, people seems to be friendier. Some people in condo look at you with no facial expression and makes you feel you are transparent to them.

Not all people staying in condo are like that lah, at least not for mine. Some of them are quite friendly even the cleaners too. HDB may have troublesome neighbours too.

CondoInterested
26-04-13, 09:15
HDB, have been staying my whole life in HDB. From little boy in rental HDB to teenage in 3 rm HDB to 5 rm (HDB discontinue executive when time to book my HDB) for marriage till now. It's a nice compact 5 rm with 4 bedrooms (because 1 study room as big as bedroom), small kitchen and small living rm. When first move in, think it is small (new type of 5 rm), but as you aged, cleaning become very siong and wondering why never get 4 rm HDB and have even less area to clean and clear debt at least 5 years earlier.

Landed, never stay before, have to wait strike toto. But have been to relative home before, it's a nice feeling to stay in landed. Landed I think really depend your luck getting what kind of neighbour, like above 2 bro got different experience and probably the worst one was the made public Joo Chiat incident.

Condo, never stay before, but big number of units (like those near 1000 units development) will be like what you say crowded facilities. Smallest 99LH development think should be around 300+ type maybe better, but of course MC fee will be higher. FH usually has smaller number of units, MC fee will be higher. Condo MC sure have politics, it's like RC in HDB (where most resident do not participate), beside MC own interest, the resident all have their own interest, so politics lor. It's part of the package living in Condo.

Good house
26-04-13, 09:17
EC bah.....best of both HDB and Condo:)
But then the reverse can also happen:D :doh:

bsslang
26-04-13, 09:26
For me, staying in HDB has more freedom while condo has lots of restrictions.

Not all people staying in condo are like that lah, at least not for mine. Some of them are quite friendly even the cleaners too. HDB may have troublesome neighbours too.

Yes, they are minority. I see very few in HDB.

DC33_2008
26-04-13, 09:36
I believe it is not just the type of housing but the "People". It is the new neighbours in the mature housing estate who like to show-off as they think they have lots of wealth to show whether in expensive cars, branded handbags, etc.

eng81157
26-04-13, 09:48
haven't we read about ugly spats between HDB neighbours - pour urine & faeces at doorstep, burn house, burn incense in front of neighbour's house, steal undies, curse/voodoo stuff aimed at neighbour's porch, break flower pots, etc etc?

it isn't the status or condition of the house, but the condition of the hearts. an anecdotal experience, i witnessed an 30plus auntie boasting about living in a 5rm flat to her friend who lives in a 4rm flat :doh: :doh: :doh:

DC33_2008
26-04-13, 10:20
The subleting flat nos. will spike in 2014/2015. Who will suffer?
HDB resale flat price index up 1.3% in Q1

(http://business.asiaone.com/print/news/property/hdb-resale-flat-price-index-13-q1)

The Business Times

Friday, Apr 26, 2013

SINGAPORE - Housing & Development Board's resale flat price index rose 1.3 per cent in the first quarter of 2013 from the preceding quarter. This compares with the 1.2 per cent rise for Q1 reflected in HDB's flash estimate released on April 1.
[/URL]

HDB Resale Market
The Resale Price Index (RPI) rose 1.3 per cent from 202.9 in 4th Quarter 2012 to 205.5 in 1st Quarter 2013. This is lower than the 2.5 per cent growth in the previous quarter.
Resale transactions fell 23 per cent from 5,631 cases in 4th Quarter 2012 to 4,335 cases in 1st Quarter 2013.

HDB Rental Market
Subletting transactions rose 15 per cent from 6,443 cases in 4th Quarter 2012 to 7,410 cases in 1st Quarter 2013.
The total number of HDB flats approved for subletting rose 1.8 per cent from 43,508 units in 4th Quarter 2012 to 44,274 units in 1st Quarter 2013.

Upcoming Supply
HDB will launch 25,000 Build-To-Order (BTO) flats in 2013, out of which 7,244 units have already been launched in 1st Quarter 2013.
In the upcoming May 2013 BTO exercise, HDB will offer 4,850 BTO flats for sale in Choa Chu Kang, Hougang, Jurong West, Sembawang, and Woodlands. An additional 3,000 flats will be offered in a concurrent Sale of Balance Flats exercise. The details will be available on the HDB InfoWEB when HDB launches the sales exercises.

- See more at: [url]http://business.asiaone.com/news/property/hdb-resale-flat-price-index-13-q1#sthash.TN3ccjeu.dpuf (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/)

Kite
26-04-13, 10:53
HHmmm... didn't know got difference le.

So people in small condo units will be warm like HDB then?

sgbuyer
26-04-13, 10:53

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/156626_1554995787745_6315958_n.jpg

nice pinewood apartment. :)

this kind of housing, even if you got money, also cannot buy in Singapore cos termites, insects, humidity.

tigger13
26-04-13, 11:20
Not stayed in Landed before but got 2 out of 3. HDB and Lower end Apartment to Higher end Condos. Now currently in HDB.

I think you have to see the signs before you sign on the dotted line. If its brand new then you have to pray!

Lower end Apartment/Condos/EC, in my opinion attracts the "I live in Condo, pay same maintenance so I can screw up everything" wannabes and still cannot make it folks who like to spoil the environment for all the other residents. Really poor behaviour and no thoughts for their neighbours. From blasting music to late night parties and throwing bottles down the chute in the middle of the night. To drawing water from common areas to water their Penthouse plants. Chope-ing car park lots. I've seen it all. :tsk-tsk:

Higher End condos, from my experience was a lot better. Granted most of my neighbours were mostly tenants but a fair share of owners. But their behaviour was mostly good. Not perfect but overall much better than my former place. Friendly smiles and nods but not more than that.

My Current HDB is an old school EM, so folks have been living there for 20+ years. Very neighbourly, hanging out on common corridors to chit chat. Also they are usually there by choice, easily they can move to a condo, and working as professionals. Sure you get some people arguing very loudly at night and on weekends. But I'm in a HDB, so what do you expect?!?!

Here's a tip. You can always tell the feeling in a condo by the notice board and the number of notices/Warnings/etc and signs all over the place of "Do NOT...."

Molotov
26-04-13, 11:57

You are missing a point here. What Radha was trying to say is that though he's not so successful now (settling for 99yr condo in Pasir Ris) he has been there done that...

Komo
26-04-13, 15:52
Here's a tip. You can always tell the feeling in a condo by the notice board and the number of notices/Warnings/etc and signs all over the place of "Do NOT...."
what to do that's sgp:D
Hdb also have a lot of those like Do not spit on the lift buttons. Do not urinate.
Also seems that hdb is becoming poorly maintained eg there is rubbish, litters, unwanted furnitures, household items, trash bags everywhere. Lizard shits, dog shits everywhere. :doh:

lionhill
26-04-13, 16:37
Needless to say, if a HDB and a condo locate at the same place, and cost the same, everyone will choose condo.

a better question is which one to choose, a new, big HDB at a prime location or a cramp condo at a ulu lication? those loving face will choose condo and those loving convenience and comfortability will choose HDB.

If neighbors can be chosen, I will choose.... RADHA08!

radha08
26-04-13, 16:59
Needless to say, if a HDB and a condo locate at the same place, and cost the same, everyone will choose condo.

a better question is which one to choose, a new, big HDB at a prime location or a cramp condo at a ulu lication? those loving face will choose condo and those loving convenience and comfortability will choose HDB.

If neighbors can be chosen, I will choose.... RADHA08!

hey bro i prefer TIGER but lion also can:D:D:D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y0L2kFM7bjQ/T3QE_jUXviI/AAAAAAAAANI/6SFynHHz5DE/s1600/tiger-beer.jpg

radha08
26-04-13, 17:03
You are missing a point here. What Radha was trying to say is that though he's not so successful now (settling for 99yr condo in Pasir Ris) he has been there done that...

bro sucess to me as a father/husband/son/master is to have a roof on my head(hdb/pc/landed) dont matter as long my children/wife/mother/dog are HAPPY can liao:spliff2::spliff2::spliff2:

give me a 10000sqft d10 bungalow my wife hate me my mother disown me my children see me no up my dog BITE me KNS:doh: that one how to say sucess:D

lionhill
26-04-13, 17:20
hey bro i prefer TIGER but lion also can:D:D:D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y0L2kFM7bjQ/T3QE_jUXviI/AAAAAAAAANI/6SFynHHz5DE/s1600/tiger-beer.jpg
can can, cheers!

cavaliver
26-04-13, 17:32
Landed: parent's house , like the space, good for 3 generation. Usually not near to amenities, need a car.
Hdb: first own stay. Like the nearby amenities, public transport. Not driving at that time, can save a lot of money. :)
Condo: like the security, location, not much problem. Would likely retire in a condo too.

Komo
26-04-13, 17:55
Landed: parent's house , like the space, good for 3 generation. Usually not near to amenities, need a car.
Hdb: first own stay. Like the nearby amenities, public transport. Not driving at that time, can save a lot of money. :)
Condo: like the security, location, not much problem. Would likely retire in a condo too.
you're lucky you did not have a car while in hdb :D
would need a very strong heart to withstand shock of seeing scratches and damages:D :D

buttercarp
26-04-13, 22:38
So far I have had good neighbours whether be it in HDB or condo.
As for landed I dunno yet, but I have already made friends with a future neighbour when I booked my unit.

radha08
27-04-13, 00:23
As for landed I dunno yet, but I have already made friends with a future neighbour when I booked my unit.

OMG :eek: butter is back welcome welcome dear sis:cheers1::D

princess_morbucks
27-04-13, 18:59
OMG :eek: butter is back welcome welcome dear sis:cheers1::D

Yes yes, welcome back sis!

I believe she is still reading this forum.
Just that lately there is not much to comment about.

Sometimes silence is golden if there is nothing to say, but I guess it is not good to be too silent from the forum point of view.

proud owner
28-04-13, 18:30

you bought Luxus Hill ?

radha08
01-05-13, 22:23
you bought Luxus Hill ?

she disappeared:scared-4: