PDA

View Full Version : Home prices moving the right way: Tharman

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

bsslang
08-05-13, 12:24
Now now, typical of your loser's tactic to mislead and argue your way out!

I said "13% corporate tax cut"!

You said "Stop your nonsense of 13% corporate tax"!

You trying to put words into my mouth?!
Where did I say "13% corporate tax" in post you replied to? :simmering:

Good you make it clear now...people now see how much corporate/businessman pays the taxes of about 17-20% like high-income earner. So stop the nonsense of businessman gain more from tax reduction and therefore earn more than a salaried person.

bsslang
08-05-13, 12:28

Now I start to understand your nick: "bsslang" => Bull Shit See Lin ANG!

This is the best you can make your argument about GST?

teddybear
08-05-13, 12:33
Obviously businessmen and top income earners gained the most from 13% tax reductions that comes with GST increasing to 7%!

I had already illustrated why this is so over many posts and I am not going to repeat that again. All those posts already clearly show that my points of view is correct.

Just to add on, top income earners top tier income tax is 20%, and they pay income tax first before and the after-tax money then they can spend on their family living expenses.

Businessmen pay Corporate tax of 17%, but their tax is after they deduct all their/majority of family living expenses & even car that have been charged to their company's accounts (very common), hence they benefit even more!

So as a whole, Businessmen benefited even more than top income earners with the 13% tax cut and GST increase to 7%!

Good you make it clear now...people now see how much corporate/businessman pays the taxes of about 17-20% like high-income earner. So stop the nonsense of businessman gain more from tax reduction and therefore earn more than a salaried person.

Now I start to understand your nick: "bsslang" => Bull Shit See Lin ANG!

bsslang
08-05-13, 12:40
Obviously businessmen and top income earners gained the most from 13% tax reductions that comes with GST increasing to 7%!

I had already illustrated why this is so over many posts and I am not going to repeat that again. All those posts already clearly show that my points of view is correct.

Just to add on, top income earners top tier income tax is 20%, and they pay income tax first before and the after-tax money then they can spend on their family living expenses.

Businessmen pay Corporate tax of 17%, but their tax is after they deduct all their/majority of family living expenses & even car that have been charged to their company's accounts (very common), hence they benefit even more!

So as a whole, Businessmen benefited even more than top income earners with the 13% tax cut and GST increase to 7%!

I also said corporate has IRAS guidelines and rules to follow on expense claim. Do not take a rotton apple and assume all are.

Anyway most taxes are from companies with high earnings. If they do not want to follow and want to cheat on those expenses, they only their reputation to lose. Most will not take such a risk.

teddybear
08-05-13, 12:53
But the rotten apples are just so many! Because of this, a lot of taxes have been escaped! it is time now for IRAS to catch a few of these businessmen, fine them heavily and even put them behind bars so that more will be scared into doing this, as these are so rampant! Many family-owned and individual-owned businesses are well-known for doing these kind of things to escape taxes for many donkey years, especially now that (govt allow them to) they don't need to be audited, don't need to engage accountant to do up their accounts, wah, anything they do also can & when get caught, say "I don't know cannot do that! You didn't legislate I must engage accountant to do up my account"! :doh:

So we need to plug just 1 BIG LOOPHOLE here! In this way, taxes revenue collected can be increased without even changing a single thing!

I also said corporate has IRAS guidelines and rules to follow on expense claim. Do not take a rotton apple and assume all are.

Anyway most taxes are from companies with high earnings. If they do not want to follow and want to cheat on those expenses, they only their reputation to lose. Most will not take such a risk.

bsslang
08-05-13, 13:14
But the rotten apples are just so many! Because of this, a lot of taxes have been escaped! it is time now for IRAS to catch a few of these businessmen, fine them heavily and even put them behind bars so that more will be scared into doing this, as these are so rampant! Many family-owned and individual-owned businesses are well-known for doing these kind of things to escape taxes for many donkey years, especially now that (govt allow them to) they don't need to be audited, don't need to engage accountant to do up their accounts, wah, anything they do also can & when get caught, say "I don't know cannot do that! You didn't legislate I must engage accountant to do up my account"! :doh:

So we need to plug just 1 BIG LOOPHOLE here! In this way, taxes revenue collected can be increased without even changing a single thing!

Well, I have to agree some taxes may be lost due to illegal accounting practice in corporate. It is basically invasion of tax, not just in corporate. Many people under declare their income too.

bsslang
08-05-13, 14:02

GST reduces taxes for both corporate tax and personal income tax. So your income tax reduces 13% and you keep quiet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goods_and_Services_Tax_(Singapore)

GST was implemented at a single rate of 3% on 1 April 1994, with an assurance that it would not be raised for at least five years. To cushion the impact of GST on Singaporean households, an offset package was also introduced. Simultaneously, corporate tax rate was cut by 3% to 27%, and the top marginal personal income tax rate was cut by 3% to 30%. The initial GST rate of 3% was among the lowest in the world, as the focus was not to generate substantial revenue, but to allow people to get adjusted to the tax.[4]

teddybear
08-05-13, 14:19
Didn't you hear me saying that they should abolish GST for the sake of the old retired, unemployed, the sick, etc and raise my income tax back to 33%?

GST reduces taxes for both corporate tax and personal income tax. So your income tax reduces 13% and you keep quiet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goods_and_Services_Tax_(Singapore)

GST was implemented at a single rate of 3% on 1 April 1994, with an assurance that it would not be raised for at least five years. To cushion the impact of GST on Singaporean households, an offset package was also introduced. Simultaneously, corporate tax rate was cut by 3% to 27%, and the top marginal personal income tax rate was cut by 3% to 30%. The initial GST rate of 3% was among the lowest in the world, as the focus was not to generate substantial revenue, but to allow people to get adjusted to the tax.[4]

minority
08-05-13, 14:25
You see, I am so free, so everyday every minute I have time to think deep about the GST problems, and see for myself the GST problems. I even have time to dig up facts about GST problems.

On the other hand, you have to work. Your brain is too occupied with your work, you have no time to think deep about the GST problems. However, you still want to argue that GST is good. How when you have no time to think and investigate about it? Very easy, just like you are doing now, empty talk, talk rubbish! That is what we are seeing now, somebody who is so busy with work and have no time to investigate about GST problems trying to argue with somebody who spent all his time investigating about GST problems!

YUP u are just a bump that talk big and talk cock. :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

minority
08-05-13, 14:27
Didn't you hear me saying that they should abolish GST for the sake of the old retired, unemployed, the sick, etc and raise my income tax back to 33%?

Talk cock lah.. u are rich? LOL...

So easy right.. sure keep the GST there. But pls tax me 50%!! I am willing to pay more tax than u if they keep the GST. if they raise it? sure tax me 60%!

Good enough!

minority
08-05-13, 14:33
You are irrelevant! Irrelevant people will be phrased out soon.:D

PRATA! Wat happen to Prata? they flip and flop. then they get eaten.

bsslang
08-05-13, 15:34

I am not going to argue with you on that. It is your way of the thinking what could be a better way of doing taxation.

I close my case on you misleading forummers that only businessman and corporate are benefiting from GST. Everyone has lower taxes after GST being imposed.

teddybear
08-05-13, 16:27
Everyone got hit with 7% GST, but many didn't get 13% tax cut compared to businessmen & top income earners. The latter group benefited tremendously from net tax savings (their tax cut savings are much more than their GST incurred) while the middle income & those with no income end up paying extra taxes to make up tax short-fall due to huge tax savings by businessmen & top income earners. This is a fact & there is nothing misleading about it. don't know why people keep denying this fact? :doh:

I am not going to argue with you on that. It is your way of the thinking what could be a better way of doing taxation.

I close my case on you misleading forummers that only businessman and corporate are benefiting from GST. Everyone has lower taxes after GST being imposed.

minority
08-05-13, 22:50

Aiyah he is just jealous dead focus that 13% ignore everything else. u can tell him anything he also dead focus on the 13%.

Thats wat u call horse vision. Myopic. cannot explain 1. dont waste time. mean time he will try his best to mis lead.

teddybear
08-05-13, 23:45
Who is going to hear you? only people who are same league as you is going to hear!:tongue3:

Aiyah he is just jealous dead focus that 13% ignore everything else. u can tell him anything he also dead focus on the 13%.

Thats wat u call horse vision. Myopic. cannot explain 1. dont waste time. mean time he will try his best to mis lead.

minority
09-05-13, 01:08
Who is going to hear you? only people who are same league as you is going to hear!:tongue3:

lol... Wahhhhhhhhhhhh

Is that all u can say!

Copy from ur peng u. ah eng.

minority
09-05-13, 03:41

So u say loop hole right? So GST works! It tax the rich who spends coz with all the $ they will buy things! That itself is a tax. Remove GST only benefit the rich like u! Most likely u are one of those that run tax! If not how u know .

So stop trying to MIS lead everyone trying to justify ur selfish actions.

felicia_sg
09-05-13, 08:25
Only a stupid idiot like you will say try to tax the rich by taxing those with no income as well! Those are 2 different stories.

If you want to plug a loophole, go straight directly first to fix the loophole, that is many businessmen like you are just scambags, dishonest, try to evade tax with the ways teddybear mentioned, and take advantage of their workers and try to squeeze them dry, make them work long hours and say they are paid very well compared to others (but just because they work super longer hours than others), and now trying to defend GST at 7% in order to defend your 13% tax cut. Obviously if GST is not at 7%, you will not get the 13% tax cut because the tax short-fall has to come from some other people right (and in this case from GST paid by all the middle-income families and even those with no income!). Obviously, not all businessmen are like you, But you are the exceptional scambag! :tongue3:

So u say loop hole right? So GST works! It tax the rich who spends coz with all the $ they will buy things! That itself is a tax. Remove GST only benefit the rich like u! Most likely u are one of those that run tax! If not how u know .

So stop trying to MIS lead everyone trying to justify ur selfish actions.

thomastansb
09-05-13, 10:03
And don't forget the jobs created. It is a shift towards consumption tax but at the same time, you have more jobs and more leeway for grants for the poor.

Anyway, we know it is dumb to just see the surface. People need to be wiser to see it. Some people will harp on the hard figures like 13% while ignoring the benefits but I guess every country will have such people around. Of course we can tax the rich, but you just lose the jobs. Not sure if it is a wise trade off for higher unemployment like 15 to 20%. I wouldn't want that.

Just like heroine. Some people swear by taking it. Most think it is not a good trade off (body vs short moment of high). So different views, different mentality. Those who take it will say you are stupid not to enjoy it. :beats-me-man:

minority
09-05-13, 12:46
Only a stupid idiot like you will say try to tax the rich by taxing those with no income as well! Those are 2 different stories.

If you want to plug a loophole, go straight directly first to fix the loophole, that is many businessmen like you are just scambags, dishonest, try to evade tax with the ways teddybear mentioned, and take advantage of their workers and try to squeeze them dry, make them work long hours and say they are paid very well compared to others (but just because they work super longer hours than others), and now trying to defend GST at 7% in order to defend your 13% tax cut. Obviously if GST is not at 7%, you will not get the 13% tax cut because the tax short-fall has to come from some other people right (and in this case from GST paid by all the middle-income families and even those with no income!). Obviously, not all businessmen are like you, But you are the exceptional scambag! :tongue3:

oh really??? only dumb people like u cannot see the diff. dumb n jealous.

minority
09-05-13, 12:48
And don't forget the jobs created. It is a shift towards consumption tax but at the same time, you have more jobs and more leeway for grants for the poor.

Anyway, we know it is dumb to just see the surface. People need to be wiser to see it. Some people will harp on the hard figures like 13% while ignoring the benefits but I guess every country will have such people around. Of course we can tax the rich, but you just lose the jobs. Not sure if it is a wise trade off for higher unemployment like 15 to 20%. I wouldn't want that.

Just like heroine. Some people swear by taking it. Most think it is not a good trade off (body vs short moment of high). So different views, different mentality. Those who take it will say you are stupid not to enjoy it. :beats-me-man:

Aiyah the they are high on jealousy. all they want is make other people feel poorer so they feel richer. frankly it helps no 1. some people will loose job coz business pull out.

BTW china how much is the VAT? 13-17%!!! and 7% here KPKB.... OMG.. people are nuts. basically these are actually rich people that are selfish. most likely they know way to run tax also. tats why keep KPKB GST. dont want to pay!

teddybear
09-05-13, 19:57
You stupid idiot is it? GST 7% can create jobs? If so might as well increase GST to 100% then all Singaporeans can get salary of $1m a year even better! :tongue3:

Nobody in this world is dumber than you! No, correction - you are smart because you are so strongly defending your own personal self interest but giving all other excuses to give people impression you are so noble to create jobs by asking GST to be 7% or more! By the way, retirees, The young, the sick, the housewives etc don't need jobs hence they don't want & can't afford GST (because no income!)! :rolleyes:

minority
10-05-13, 01:30
You stupid idiot is it? GST 7% can create jobs? If so might as well increase GST to 100% then all Singaporeans can get salary of $1m a year even better! :tongue3:

Nobody in this world is dumber than you! No, correction - you are smart because you are so strongly defending your own personal self interest but giving all other excuses to give people impression you are so noble to create jobs by asking GST to be 7% or more! By the way, retirees, The young, the sick, the housewives etc don't need jobs hence they don't want & can't afford GST (because no income!)! :rolleyes:

I think u are the stupid 1. 7% GST dont directly create job. it collects tax. If no GST the state have to collect tax in other method. and i.e. wat u want is tax business. Taxing the business will cause some business to move out due to competitiveness. THAT WILL LOOSE JOBS!

Also what the freaking difference if business get over taxed and they embed the cost in the products also. LAN PA PA LAN. end up jobs lost and still cost never decrease.

I am sure u already know. but u just like a horse vision. wat to do.. tell u is waste time dont tell u off also bay tar han. u are like the eng eng cheng cheng guy KAM LAN. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

dare2
10-05-13, 05:58
Everything is inter-connected in the economy, consumption tax in itself does not create job, but a revenue to the govt. Govt needs revenue to run the country, so its a trade off to income tax, the Govt needs to balance the two. Taxing the rich and corporate too much will squeeze businesses, therefore could affect employment. On the other hand if the environment is conducive for businesses, more people will be able to afford consumption goods thereby compensating the loss of revenue from lower income tax.

But businesses being businesses, many just take advantage to jack up prices more than they pay the GST....which is profiteering.

Therefore ideally, the proposed theory is workable, but in practice, the situation is not as ideal due to human nature.

thomastansb
10-05-13, 10:23
To be fair, we have a very low unemployment so it works to certain extend. But you are right about the inter-connected system. It is not easy to fine tune any system which will affect millions. If only things were so easy. Drop the GST and raise the rich taxes.

To me, pros and cons. Sure, we can have a socialist government. High tax, high benefits - just don't end up like Greece. I can argue on high benefits for years and can still continue and say how good socialism is.

Or some might prefer communist government. 99% of the population earn $500 a month and everyone get tax at 10% flat. Fair right?

If more people benefit from a 7% GST and low tax environment, then people will vote for the current Government. You want 0% GST and higher income tax, this might not work well and the Government might be voted out because you cater for the majority, not the minority. The minority will always make noise anyway. No 1 policy fits all. Just pros and cons in every system and it is foolish to make a bold statement that GST disadvantage the poor because it is not so simple.

Everything is inter-connected in the economy, consumption tax in itself does not create job, but a revenue to the govt. Govt needs revenue to run the country, so its a trade off to income tax, the Govt needs to balance the two. Taxing the rich and corporate too much will squeeze businesses, therefore could affect employment. On the other hand if the environment is conducive for businesses, more people will be able to afford consumption goods thereby compensating the loss of revenue from lower income tax.

But businesses being businesses, many just take advantage to jack up prices more than they pay the GST....which is profiteering.

Therefore ideally, the proposed theory is workable, but in practice, the situation is not as ideal due to human nature.

dare2
10-05-13, 22:32
...just like those clamouring for cheaper housing are those whom would want to sell high when they are eligible to do so....lets see how the take up rate would be if the govt restrict the sale to HBD only.......all the talk about HDB should be a home not an asset can never work as if it was to be enforced, existing owners would suffer heavy loses....Perhaps the levy system should be a permanent policy where govt takes back say - 50% of the profit and channel it back to subsidize the new entrants to teh market.

teddybear
10-05-13, 22:54
Now you the stupid speaks!

Didn't you say GST create jobs? You said have GST so that businessmen like you can get 13% tax cut to create jobs otherwise you will bring business overseas? Really? Don't need to do fear-mongering as though singaporeans are stupid. Please bring your business overseas, anytime, I believe most people will take 0% GST and add back the 13% tax to you. :tongue3:
Businessmen want to embed costs in business? No problem, at least people don't get tax when they have no INCOME! Very simple. That is the only right way, if you have income, you pay tax, no income don't need to pay tax! Jobs lost? Fear-mongering again? :rolleyes:

Self-interests mean self-interests. Really GST so good? Then better ask govt to do a referendum and let singaporeans vote whether they want GST or not then we will know whether singaporeans want GST or bloody greedy businessmen like you (not all) want? :tsk-tsk:

I think u are the stupid 1. 7% GST dont directly create job. it collects tax. If no GST the state have to collect tax in other method. and i.e. wat u want is tax business. Taxing the business will cause some business to move out due to competitiveness. THAT WILL LOOSE JOBS!

Also what the freaking difference if business get over taxed and they embed the cost in the products also. LAN PA PA LAN. end up jobs lost and still cost never decrease.

I am sure u already know. but u just like a horse vision. wat to do.. tell u is waste time dont tell u off also bay tar han. u are like the eng eng cheng cheng guy KAM LAN. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

minority
11-05-13, 01:48
Now you the stupid speaks!

Didn't you say GST create jobs? You said have GST so that businessmen like you can get 13% tax cut to create jobs otherwise you will bring business overseas? Really? Don't need to do fear-mongering as though singaporeans are stupid. Please bring your business overseas, anytime, I believe most people will take 0% GST and add back the 13% tax to you. :tongue3:
Businessmen want to embed costs in business? No problem, at least people don't get tax when they have no INCOME! Very simple. That is the only right way, if you have income, you pay tax, no income don't need to pay tax! Jobs lost? Fear-mongering again? :rolleyes:

Self-interests mean self-interests. Really GST so good? Then better ask govt to do a referendum and let singaporeans vote whether they want GST or not then we will know whether singaporeans want GST or bloody greedy businessmen like you (not all) want? :tsk-tsk:

Wat to do.. u only have a horse vision. Rich folks like u can run tax. now u want no GST.! run even more tax!

so tell me abt self interest!

dare2
11-05-13, 07:27
....our govt got better way to collect tax lah....ABSD, COE etc....these are Billion Dollar revenue....not forgetting CPF, maid levy, Foreign worker levy so if increase income tax too much people got no money to pay all these liao.....

minority
11-05-13, 14:55
....our govt got better way to collect tax lah....ABSD, COE etc....these are Billion Dollar revenue....not forgetting CPF, maid levy, Foreign worker levy so if increase income tax too much people got no money to pay all these liao.....

All these are consumption tax. u have the choice not to consume the luxury stuff. So u rather get tax 45% on income regardless u consume or not ? I rather have a choice.

and CPF is not a tax. u get paid interest and u get it back eventually.

teddybear
11-05-13, 18:09
But with GST, people has no choice! People with no income but who want to eat and live, have to pay GST! Don't pay GST, you have no food to eat (because food attract GST!)! You die your problem! that is why no social safety net, and want to tie up your CPF money as a cheap funding for their investment! They earn 6-8%, but pay you 2.5%! We rather invest on our own and earn 6-8% or more!

All these are consumption tax. u have the choice not to consume the luxury stuff. So u rather get tax 45% on income regardless u consume or not ? I rather have a choice.

and CPF is not a tax. u get paid interest and u get it back eventually.

teddybear
11-05-13, 18:14
Wow! Trying to protect your tax reduction of 13% and trying to diverge attention? It is Ok, whichever way, I also pay tax. However, I pay less tax with GST, but I pity those who has NO INCOME but yet need to PAY GST TAX! That is a NO EMPATHY TAX! Simple as that!

Are THEY saying OLD PEOPLE, you die your problem, you don't have enough CPF money to retire, that is your problem, GST is here to stay to tax you until you die? The policy seems to be like that though!

Wat to do.. u only have a horse vision. Rich folks like u can run tax. now u want no GST.! run even more tax!

so tell me abt self interest!

sgbuyer
11-05-13, 18:21
Wow! Trying to protect your tax reduction of 13% and trying to diverge attention? It is Ok, whichever way, I also pay tax. However, I pay less tax with GST, but I pity those who has NO INCOME but yet need to PAY GST TAX! That is a NO EMPATHY TAX! Simple as that!

Are THEY saying OLD PEOPLE, you die your problem, you don't have enough CPF money to retire, that is your problem, GST is here to stay to tax you until you die? The policy seems to be like that though!

Don't worry about the OLD PEOPLE, they gave the present govt absolute power many decades ago so they asked for it.

teddybear
11-05-13, 19:25
I really can't deny this statement! :doh:

Don't worry about the OLD PEOPLE, they gave the present govt absolute power many decades ago so they asked for it.

indomie
11-05-13, 21:46
Singapore Is The Ultimate Beacon Of Economic Freedom
Simon Black, Sovereign Man | May 11, 2013, 7:57 AM | 797 | 6
Simon Black

May 10, 2013
Singapore

Each time I’m in Singapore, I’m continually impressed at the country’s extraordinary growth.
Friends of mine tell me about their experiences growing up here in the 1940s and 1950s. The downtown area that is now covered with soaring towers of steel and glass were once repugnant cesspools devoid of running water or proper sewage.
Every day, locals would take buckets of human waste from their shacks and dump them into the nearby bay.
Nobody probably imagined that, within a few decades, Singapore would be the premier financial destination in the world… as well as one of the wealthiest.
Today there are more millionaires per capita in Singapore than anywhere else; one in six Singaporeans has a net worth in excess of one million. And for the average Joe, median household income ranks among the top worldwide.
Not to mention, standard of living in Singapore is very high– schools, medical care, goods and services– all among the best on the planet.
Even more incredibly, they built this without a single drop of oil reserves. Singapore isn’t Kuwait. It’s a small island with effectively no natural resources to speak of.
While much of the developed world languishes under the massive burden of staggering debt and painful unemployment, Singapore has ZERO net det. And the unemployment rate is below 2%.
This isn’t some phony made-up number either. My friends who own businesses here tell me that there are labor shortages… they just can’t find any new people to hire.
So how did this all happen? One key principle– economic freedom.
In Singapore, business is treated incredibly well. Bureaucratic, regulatory nonsense is kept to a minimum. Corruption is nonexistent. It’s easy to set up a business and start competing. Plus taxes are ultra-low and highly competitive.
Right now a small business that makes a $100,000 USD annual profit pays an effective tax rate of just 1.2%. A $1 million annual profit would have an effective tax rate of less than 12%.
Bigger businesses can negotiate directly with the government for preferred tax rates, often 10% or less.
Capital is also treated incredibly well. The banks are well capitalized, the currency has long been one of the best performing in the world, and Singapore has become a major crossroads of cross-border trade and investment opportunity.
Last, Singapore treats productive, talented people incredibly well, including foreigners. It’s possible to obtain residency by starting a business here or getting hired. And, like corporate, personal tax rates are low.
Income tax on a $250,000 (USD) salary has an effective rate of just 12.4%. And there are no capital gains or dividend taxes.
Despite having such low tax rates, the government is awash with cash and runs a huge budget surplus. They’ve also managed to sock away a tremendous amount of money in sovereign wealth funds.
The lesson is clear. Bankrupt western government are trying to increase control over their respective economies– regulating, inflating, and taxing their way to a bigger slice of a rapidly shrinking economic pie.
Singapore, on the other hand, has focused on helping make the pie bigger. And it’s amazing how rapidly it can grow when governments step out of the way and allow people to keep what they earn.

minority
12-05-13, 07:31
But with GST, people has no choice! People with no income but who want to eat and live, have to pay GST! Don't pay GST, you have no food to eat (because food attract GST!)! You die your problem! that is why no social safety net, and want to tie up your CPF money as a cheap funding for their investment! They earn 6-8%, but pay you 2.5%! We rather invest on our own and earn 6-8% or more!

Gst? Chicken rice is $3.5 cheapest $1.5.
So?

minority
12-05-13, 07:32

Why? U want to remove gst to save on ur rich expenses? U rich tax high also run tax! Gst is here to catch u rich folks coz u spen on big ticket items!!!

minority
12-05-13, 07:36

Wah 6-8% u are some expert beat all the unit trust n endowment hor. So solid hor. Like that all the finance bankers n insurance can close shop long ago. Clown. Talk so cheap!

I can make 20% !

lajia
12-05-13, 09:34
U being a women never go market one I think? The more u say, the more I support GST...why, because u cannot run away from GST when u spent in restaurant, when u buy branded goods and when u buy in aircon supper market...and obviously this is what u do.
Poor, you know what is poor? Go stand at the wet market and observe. They for lunch and dinner and even the next day breakfast can eat the same thing! They buy 50cents vege. They buy 3 eggs instead of the usual 1 dozen in suppermarket and they eat those fishes that sell $2/kg. u experience that? This is where they escape the GST. U think all ppl think like u, must charge GST for 7% and even though they did not include, u also assume that they have included that in their profit margin...if u think this way, no one can stop u. What I say the fact and statistic is right, the rich pay more GST and most comes from it. So it is more effective for taxing ppl like u because u are immune or u have to upkeep your lifestyle! That's your choice...:2cents:

heehee
12-05-13, 11:00
Chicken rice $1.5 at where? I take bus there & back add $2.40 end up cost $3.90!

Gst? Chicken rice is $3.5 cheapest $1.5.
So?

Sam88
12-05-13, 11:11
Chicken rice $1.5 at where? I take bus there & back add $2.40 end up cost $3.90!

$1.50 chicken rice found in neighborhood hdb. stay in hdb or near hdb lor then no need to pay transport. if not buy 2 weeks supply and ave it out lor. hahahaha

heehee
12-05-13, 11:19
But not every HDB neighborhood right? & not every place within my walking distance right (I am old & can't walk far). & may be portion too small to fill stomach? Or use palm oil so that i will die faster?

$1.50 chicken rice found in neighborhood hdb. stay in hdb or near hdb lor then no need to pay transport. if not buy 2 weeks supply and ave it out lor. hahahaha

lajia
12-05-13, 11:39
Wat u trying to say is no matter what still incur a lot of money right....there is no dispute on the high cost of living....to save cost, do your own cooking is the best way.

But not every HDB neighborhood right? & not every place within my walking distance right (I am old & can't walk far). & may be portion too small to fill stomach? Or use palm oil so that i will die faster?

heehee
12-05-13, 11:44
What I am trying to point out is that people who point out $1.50 chicken rice is available to say cost of living in sg very low is just trying to mislead people unless that $1.50 chicken rice is commonly available in every neighbourhood else all these saying sounds like those from an uneducated & ignorant thug speaking.
I am old, own cooking don't know how, difficult, easier to eat out, but can have affordable & healthy food or not? No means cost of living high.

Wat u trying to say is no matter what still incur a lot of money right....there is no dispute on the high cost of living....to save cost, do your own cooking is the best way.

lajia
12-05-13, 12:07
If u travel around, don't say far one, which country now cost of living very low? U try eating in Penang, KL, or even Bangkok, the cost of living is high...even when I am using SGD, I still find it expensive. U go to Viet HCM, wanton noodle 35000dong, that is more than $2 and the standard is not even close to hawker centre. So how much do they earn to eat this more than s$2 wanton noodle??many ppl will know this....:2cents:

Cannot complain liao....cannot finish one...比上不足比下有余。。。
What I am trying to point out is that people who point out $1.50 chicken rice is available to say cost of living in sg very low is just trying to mislead people unless that $1.50 chicken rice is commonly available in every neighbourhood else all these saying sounds like those from an uneducated & ignorant thug speaking.
I am old, own cooking don't know how, difficult, easier to eat out, but can have affordable & healthy food or not? No means cost of living high.

myfirstpc
12-05-13, 12:31
If u travel around, don't say far one, which country now cost of living very low? U try eating in Penang, KL, or even Bangkok, the cost of living is high...even when I am using SGD, I still find it expensive. U go to Viet HCM, wanton noodle 35000dong, that is more than $2 and the standard is not even close to hawker centre. So how much do they earn to eat this more than s$2 wanton noodle??many ppl will know this....:2cents:

Cannot complain liao....cannot finish one...比上不足比下有余。。。

Try comparing Honey Baked Ham. Cold Storage when on offer S$3.49/100gm

Manila in Canadian Delicatessen S$1.20/100gm....

I am buying in kilos from there. Sliced and vacuum sealed...

:banghead:

thomastansb
12-05-13, 13:53
The fact is more people lose money with their CPF funds. As a responsible Government, they don't cater for the minority (no pun intended :D). You can make 8%, that is your problem. Majority will lose money. Again, selfish thinking here. He can make money, he don't care if many people lose money. Same logic as GST.

If 80% of the population lost 50% of their retirement funds, how? Of course they pay you 2.5 to 3.5% and ask you tiam tiam la. Got 2.5% good liao. Other countries shrink their pension. Some even no more pension (country bankrupt, pay with what?)

I also agree talk is cheap. 6 to 8%, pui !

Wah 6-8% u are some expert beat all the unit trust n endowment hor. So solid hor. Like that all the finance bankers n insurance can close shop long ago. Clown. Talk so cheap!

I can make 20% !

phantom_opera
12-05-13, 17:13
why gasoline ex in US ? answer is they prefer to export to china India brazil

600m of Indian Chinese fighting for it

minority
12-05-13, 20:15

Btw I meantion $3.5 and also have $1.5. U only want to focus on $1.5 then bo pian .

Like that I buy 1 chicken 6.80 can cook at home 4 - 6 portion! No need take bus. Can dont put oil so no palm oil. No need walk everyday to market. Sit at home n cook n eat . Every 4 day come out buy 1 chicken.

Cost per meal less than 1.5 if split to 6 portion. 4 portion less than 2!

teddybear
12-05-13, 20:19
Are you talking about yourself and your selfish thinking?

You are thinking about keeping and safe-guarding your 13% corporate tax cut and money saved on your business taxes, and other people, especially those with NO INCOME needing to pay GST, that is their own problem right? Same logic isn't it? So true! You are just trying to protect your own self interest by singing praises about GST! :p

The fact is more people lose money with their CPF funds. As a responsible Government, they don't cater for the minority (no pun intended :D). You can make 8%, that is your problem. Majority will lose money. Again, selfish thinking here. He can make money, he don't care if many people lose money. Same logic as GST.

If 80% of the population lost 50% of their retirement funds, how? Of course they pay you 2.5 to 3.5% and ask you tiam tiam la. Got 2.5% good liao. Other countries shrink their pension. Some even no more pension (country bankrupt, pay with what?)

minority
12-05-13, 20:20
Try comparing Honey Baked Ham. Cold Storage when on offer S$3.49/100gm

Manila in Canadian Delicatessen S$1.20/100gm....

I am buying in kilos from there. Sliced and vacuum sealed...

:banghead:

NTUC honey baked ham is $2.3/100gram.

minority
12-05-13, 20:25

Ehhhh can I tell me which country have cheap yet healthy food outside? U want fast food western or easten are never healthy. If u want everyday eat Resturant n complain expensive .? Lol

I think u are disconnected n rich. But want to complain expensive ? Lol.

I think it's unfair for me to everyday eat rice n drink water. I expect Abalon dinner n drink birdnest. Lol.

minority
12-05-13, 20:33

I think its quite fair. Pay 2.5-3% go those who donno how to invest n have no risk appetite. Those with skills n appetite for rist can use ordinary fund to. But what if sway sway loose leh. Thus special n medisafe are not investable but pay higher interest.

wind30
12-05-13, 20:55
Ehhhh can I tell me which country have cheap yet healthy food outside? U want fast food western or easten are never healthy. If u want everyday eat Resturant n complain expensive .? Lol

Instant Oats :) cheap and healthy, outside, anywhere.

:) my breakfast every morning.

minority
12-05-13, 21:14

Good to know! Will eat that for lunch too! ;)

teddybear
12-05-13, 21:22
Good for you, make you die faster!

But I can't bear to see other forumers follow you to hell. So better warn them first, see below message............. :doh:

Good to know! Will eat that for lunch too! ;)

Instant Oatmeal Is NOT Healthy

I can definitely see the appeal of instant oatmeal, when you’re pushed for time in the mornings, and want to make a better choice than sugary breakfast cereals.
But, as I always say, you need to take a look at the package labeling, to see what you are actually eating. Don’t just fall for the “heart healthy” claim on the front of pack.
Take for example, Quaker Oat’s Strawberries and Cream Instant Oatmeal.
It claims to be “heart healthy,” but a brief look at the nutrition label clearly shows it isn’t.
That fact that it contains no strawberries, and 12 grams of sugar, with half the fiber of regular oatmeal, is bad enough.
But, when the nutritional information states ingredients like, ”artificial strawberry flavor,” “partially hydrogenated soybean oil,” and “flavored and colored fruit pieces,” which they admit are dehydrated apples, treated with sodium sulfite to promote color retention — this should be enough to make you seriously question your so-called heart healthy breakfast choice.
Don’t believe me? Check out the Quaker Oats official website (http://www.quakeroats.com/products/hot-cereals/instant-oatmeal/strawberries-and-cream.aspx) to see for yourself.
Seriously, my mind boggles how they can name a produce “strawberries and cream,” when it doesn’t even have an ounce of strawberries in there.
These instant oats are nothing more than a mishmash of artificial colors and flavors, along with too much sugar and salt, and in some cases, high fructose corn syrup, disguised as something that is good for you by extremely clever marketing.

thomastansb
12-05-13, 21:50
Nothing is healthy nowadays.

All processed starch, processed sugar, MSG etc. It is only taking the lesser evil I guess.

Good for you, make you die faster!

But I can't bear to see other forumers follow you to hell. So better warn them first, see below message............. :doh:

thomastansb
12-05-13, 21:58
Some people funny one. They will tell you one meal costs $10 (usually the top 20 percentile). Then they will tell you the salary only $1k (bottom 20 percentile). Then they will paint a very bleak picture and they say - See, there are poor people around !!!! Ya, which country got no poor people? Which country got no sick people? Which country got no people who can't afford to eat?

Then they will say unfair, cannot afford. You tell them got workfare, GST rebate, they tell you no such thing. It is like a myth to them. A fairy tale you see...

The best is some cock say government use our money to invest for themselves. Eh... Invest for themselves??? I thought investing in Singapore's future? The money don't belong to anyone else but Singaporeans, our children and the nation. You think Marina Costal Expressway drop from the sky?? As long as we have jobs, a clean Government, got place to stay, got food to eat, we should be happy and not to take things for granted. You want 100% employment or 0% corruption, good luck finding one.

Btw I meantion $3.5 and also have $1.5. U only want to focus on $1.5 then bo pian .

Like that I buy 1 chicken 6.80 can cook at home 4 - 6 portion! No need take bus. Can dont put oil so no palm oil. No need walk everyday to market. Sit at home n cook n eat . Every 4 day come out buy 1 chicken.

Cost per meal less than 1.5 if split to 6 portion. 4 portion less than 2!

Rosy
12-05-13, 22:34
Quaker Instant Oatmeal Original is healthy with no added sugar.

Add 10 teaspoon to your low fat milk and heat it up. Good for a quick breakfast.

minority
13-05-13, 10:55
Nothing is healthy nowadays.

All processed starch, processed sugar, MSG etc. It is only taking the lesser evil I guess.

healthest is buy fresh produce cook for yourself. and it can work out cheaper too. But u know someone here say he old cannot cook want to eat out. and complain restaurant food is expensive. And fast food from hawkers use palm oil will kill him.

So. what choice he have? I guess its the choice he make ;)

myfirstpc
13-05-13, 11:08
NTUC honey baked ham is $2.3/100gram.

I tried NTUC honeybaked ham 2 years back, they were using ingredients similar to luncheon meat taste/like spam. NTUC's own standard of honey baked ham. Even my kiddo said it was Not Ham, it is luncheon meat! From then, I never buy from them again.

They may have improved now, but I am not taking any chances.

heehee
13-05-13, 11:13
No GST is only fair for all retirees & old people like me, since I already paid 33% income tax previously, while you are only paying 17% now. We have reason to complain of the double whammy.

healthest is buy fresh produce cook for yourself. and it can work out cheaper too. But u know someone here say he old cannot cook want to eat out. and complain restaurant food is expensive. And fast food from hawkers use palm oil will kill him.

So. what choice he have? I guess its the choice he make ;)

minority
13-05-13, 16:47
I tried NTUC honeybaked ham 2 years back, they were using ingredients similar to luncheon meat taste/like spam. NTUC's own standard of honey baked ham. Even my kiddo said it was Not Ham, it is luncheon meat! From then, I never buy from them again.

They may have improved now, but I am not taking any chances.

not the picnic ham. go to NTUC finest or Xtra. the honey bake ham u see the meat 1 not the mince mince picnic ham.

I feel its same same as cold storage. They slice from whole leg of ham.

minority
13-05-13, 16:50
No GST is only fair for all retirees & old people like me, since I already paid 33% income tax previously, while you are only paying 17% now. We have reason to complain of the double whammy.

Did u factor in ur HDB price went up from $6K for a 3bed room to $250K-300K now? Can sell it get a retirement studio at 80-100K then rest can cover ur restaurant food if u choose restaurant as ur base line.

heehee
13-05-13, 19:10
HDB got nothing to do with me.
Furthermore it is not like you get it for free, & you are guaranteed the profit. So you are not talking sense.

Did u factor in ur HDB price went up from $6K for a 3bed room to $250K-300K now? Can sell it get a retirement studio at 80-100K then rest can cover ur restaurant food if u choose restaurant as ur base line.

minority
13-05-13, 20:35
Furthermore it is not like you get it for free, & you are guaranteed the profit. So you are not talking sense.

Lol Free. Good find me a country that give u Free housing . Oh wait next u will say must make $. Oh u must still pay maintance water n electricity! Want free ah go stay in a half way house. Or go to jail! That's free for u.

Really dumb.

felicia_sg
13-05-13, 20:55
Don't know who is the dumb one who ask people to factor in profit for HDB?
When people say got nothing to do with HDB & not as though it is free or guarantee profit, you call them dumb?

Really wonder who is the real dumb one, the dumber dumb, he claim no 2 nobody can claim no 1 position! :scared-1:

Lol Free. Good find me a country that give u Free housing . Oh wait next u will say must make $. Oh u must still pay maintance water n electricity! Want free ah go stay in a half way house. Or go to jail! That's free for u.

Really dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minority

minority
13-05-13, 22:45
Don't know who is the dumb one who ask people to factor in profit for HDB?
When people say got nothing to do with HDB & not as though it is free or guarantee profit, you call them dumb?

Really wonder who is the real dumb one, the dumber dumb, he claim no 2 nobody can claim no 1 position! :scared-1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by minority

oh really dumb? tell me why hdb profit cannot be use for retirement planning.

donno if u are really have a brain. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

thomastansb
13-05-13, 23:32
They selective reading one. Singaporeans have low pay, high food prices, HDB cannot sell, high income tax, high GST, no workfare, no GST rebate. Basically, any country is better.

oh really dumb? tell me why hdb profit cannot be use for retirement planning.

donno if u are really have a brain. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

minority
14-05-13, 00:04
They selective reading one. Singaporeans have low pay, high food prices, HDB cannot sell, high income tax, high GST, no workfare, no GST rebate. Basically, any country is better.

makes me wonder wat the hack they still ard. nothing stoping them to just go. since else where so good.

go lor. so much complain. got people stop them leaving.. Wait Could it be becoz leave buy air ticket have GST? GST stoping people from leaving? :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4: