PDA

View Full Version : Tharman said no more CMs for now

phantom_opera
19-04-13, 12:01
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/home-prices-moving-the-right-way-tharman-20130419

no wonder Keppel Land so aggressive in bidding :beats-me-man:

danguard
19-04-13, 12:25
Although he did give the typical disclaimers of subject to market conditions etc .... To have back door haha

mcmlxxvi
19-04-13, 12:28
http://www.singapolitics.sg/features/no-more-cooling-measures-now-dpm-tharman

august
19-04-13, 12:33
when remove the CMs? :47:

pool100
19-04-13, 12:43
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/home-prices-moving-the-right-way-tharman-20130419

no wonder Keppel Land so aggressive in bidding :beats-me-man:

My personal opinion is that he had to release this statement so as not to create some kind of panic buying before the next CM. Singaporean's are no.1 in being kiasu. If they know there's a CM coming up, they'll rush to buy before they are locked out. By giving this statement, buyers will have more breathing space to think carefully before committing. I think it's a good move so as not to squeeze the prices up even higher.

mcmlxxvi
19-04-13, 12:57
Tharman: "We haven't actually decided on the actual level of prices relative to incomes. We've indicated the direction we'd like to see the housing market move over the long term. And we have to think through our strategies -* supply strategies, how much of a buffer above demand we'd like to have. We'd have to think through our tax strategies - stamp duties and so on. So it involves many policy levers. But we wouldn't want to make a sharp adjustment in the public housing market. I think it's better to go for an evolution, go for an evolution in our housing market."

Evolution:

1. Smaller homes, higher affordability
2. Shorter leases.
3. Stricter control of subletting and resale
4. Development of far flung satellite towns

kane
19-04-13, 13:12
At least people don't need to gan cheong CM is coming and can calmly go pick their properties.

radha08
19-04-13, 13:20
My personal opinion is that he had to release this statement so as not to create some kind of panic buying before the next CM. Singaporean's are no.1 in being kiasu. If they know there's a CM coming up, they'll rush to buy before they are locked out. By giving this statement, buyers will have more breathing space to think carefully before committing. I think it's a good move so as not to squeeze the prices up even higher.

The question is do u trust them...:cool:

samuelk
19-04-13, 14:07
Tharman: "We haven't actually decided on the actual level of prices relative to incomes. We've indicated the direction we'd like to see the housing market move over the long term. And we have to think through our strategies -* supply strategies, how much of a buffer above demand we'd like to have. We'd have to think through our tax strategies - stamp duties and so on. So it involves many policy levers. But we wouldn't want to make a sharp adjustment in the public housing market. I think it's better to go for an evolution, go for an evolution in our housing market."

Evolution:

1. Smaller homes, higher affordability
2. Shorter leases.
3. Stricter control of subletting and resale
4. Development of far flung satellite towns

I will gladly stay in Sentosa if they build HDB there

henryhk
19-04-13, 14:08
Actually condo now is for the middle rich people toy, garment should not interfere too much, just like garment also not interested who buy a 1 mil or 2 mil sports car.....garment should focus more on hdb... Where most of the Singaporeans are concerned!

Amber Woods
19-04-13, 14:33
Is the tweaking of rules for HDB flats consider as cooling measures?

Recently, Mr Khaw said that lowering the prices for new BTO flats is going to happen very soon and would not take centuries.

sherlock
19-04-13, 14:44
U trust politicians? Just like Alex Ferguson say he'll never ever sell Ronaldo... and sold him the next season :tongue3:

They don't want speculations of when the next CM is going to come but will still spring a surprise when needed

lajia
19-04-13, 14:45
lowering of BTO prices nothing new ma....they have been lowering the price for non-matured estates in the past. Obviously the price of 4Rm flat in Redhill is different from that of CCK. Is this also considered as lowering of BTO prices?? And when they started to launch BTO in Tengah, do you think the prices are lower than that of Sengkang? Do you consider this as lowering the BTO prices...:D

Recently, Mr Khaw said that lowering the prices for new BTO flats is going to happen very soon and would not take centuries.

indomie
19-04-13, 14:46

It will bring everybody hope high. Before it got crushed by 60 years LH.

Lemonlaw
19-04-13, 14:48
That's good news for the developers.

Amber Woods
19-04-13, 14:49
I think Mr Khaw will continue to tweak the rules for HDB segment. The demand for such flats has a greater impact than any cooling measures.