yowetan
19-04-13, 09:50
Hi....someone jump from The Sail.

The crash has just began.

CondoWE
19-04-13, 10:27

You must be insane :scared-4: ...Just one lady suicided, you said the crash has began....:doh: :doh: :doh: !

DKSG
19-04-13, 10:40
You must be insane :scared-4: ...Just one lady suicided, you said the crash has began....:doh: :doh: :doh: !

You can keep such comments in your Library of MTBs Quote of the Day.

Most MTBs talk like that. I see quite a few in my office everyday.

Non-stop ask when the crash is coming.

I always reply, when one of your family jump down from The Sail.

Haha!

DKSG

radha08
19-04-13, 10:46
Mt Senile....:doh::doh::doh:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/senile

phantom_opera
19-04-13, 10:47
when yowetan buys Mt Sinai, time to sell, so please keep us informed :p

stl67
19-04-13, 10:54
You can keep such comments in your Library of MTBs Quote of the Day.

Most MTBs talk like that. I see quite a few in my office everyday.

Non-stop ask when the crash is coming.

I always reply, when one of your family jump down from The Sail.

Haha!

DKSG

Reminds me of one of my friend. Trying to con me that SG cannot this cannot that liao just because 1 person commiting suicide.

my reply to him: Very common what? everywhere also got mah...he diam diam:D

But, I know what he is trying to tell me.. he is a true case of MTB...

thomastansb
19-04-13, 11:01
When jump down? How come I don't know? This morning I go to work still see nothing...

star
19-04-13, 11:18
Bedok reservoir even more but property price there never crash. Price even went up.

thomastansb
19-04-13, 11:20
TS must have a very poor sense of economical and financial knowledge. Suicide affect housing prices? :doh:

Btw, what is MTB?

Reminds me of one of my friend. Trying to con me that SG cannot this cannot that liao just because 1 person commiting suicide.

my reply to him: Very common what? everywhere also got mah...he diam diam:D

But, I know what he is trying to tell me.. he is a true case of MTB...

TravieJackie
19-04-13, 11:23
TS needs some comfort so let him be. Hehe...

What's MTB?

sgbuyer
19-04-13, 11:30

One thing for sure, i'll never want to buy or live in a project where people have jumped.

BAD LUCK.

:scared-4:

radha08
19-04-13, 11:37
TS needs some comfort so let him be. Hehe...

What's MTB?
miss the....

http://www.theboatservicecenter.com/images/boat-2.jpg

kane
19-04-13, 11:41
To use a person's misfortune by the TS to justify his point of view is just sick. You can shout crash all you want but respect the people who have passed on. It sounds like your some kid fresh out from school to say something so insensitive.

proud owner
19-04-13, 11:59
To use a person's misfortune by the TS to justify his point of view is just sick. You can shout crash all you want but respect the people who have passed on. It sounds like your some kid fresh out from school to say something so insensitive.

is it just a rumour someone jumped from the Sail ?

Or it is for real ?

Ringo33
19-04-13, 12:04
http://i.imgur.com/9LZvZEE.jpg

samuelk
19-04-13, 13:02

can provide the news from where this came from since you can identify it as female.

But its may not be necessary be from the property decline leh...

Ricade
19-04-13, 14:21
rumours have it, the person who jumped is Gold trader from Barclays..

CondoWE
19-04-13, 14:24
can provide the news from where this came from since you can identify it as female.

But its may not be necessary be from the property decline leh...

Just google...:D !

yowetan
19-04-13, 14:24
Hi...it is a new beginning, a Domino effect in place.

leftfield
19-04-13, 15:02

Going by the same logic, if your dog dies, it means the rest of your family will also....??? :doh:

ForeignTalent
19-04-13, 15:18

Ya, this time I am with you.
This is certainly a domino effect.
This poor lady decided to end her life, you shouted property market will crash, your boss hear the rumors about the property market will crash, he decide to close down his business, sell all his properties, immigrate to Canada, you will end up losing your job, need to sell your flat to survive, and end up renting a 2 bedrooms flat, your landlord raise the rent every years, you can not tahan, then decide to jump from your flat.
Meanwhile property price stabilize or going even higher...
Make sense to you?

Lemonlaw
19-04-13, 15:21
Going by the same logic, if your dog dies, it means the rest of your family will also....??? :doh:

haha...your quote makes me laugh till drop from my chair.

:doh:

sgbuyer
19-04-13, 15:27
Ya, this time I am with you.
This is certainly a domino effect.
This poor lady decided to end her life, you shouted property market will crash, your boss hear the rumors about the property market will crash, he decide to close down his business, sell all his properties, immigrate to Canada, you will end up losing your job, need to sell your flat to survive, and end up renting a 2 bedrooms flat, your landlord raise the rent every years, you can not tahan, then decide to jump from your flat.
Meanwhile property price stabilize or going even higher...
Make sense to you?

I think the govt should impose a 1% a year property tax on market valuation on property owned by foreigners. No need to base on rental, just flat tax, regardless of whether empty or occupied.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130419-417063.html

may2012
19-04-13, 17:39

Domino effect?

dun worry, by then gov will hv CM for SUICIDE :doh:

kane
19-04-13, 17:58
Domino of karma. Good or bad up to you which way you want to tilt it.

yowetan
19-04-13, 19:05
I think the govt should impose a 1% a year property tax on market valuation on property owned by foreigners. No need to base on rental, just flat tax, regardless of whether empty or occupied.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20130419-417063.html

Hi...you are rational to discuss the cause and effect of the Domino effect. I am afraid the rest are probably vested with interest; thus react negatively to the news and reality.

yowetan
19-04-13, 19:06
Domino of karma. Good or bad up to you which way you want to tilt it.

Hi...for every degree of good, will ensue with another degree of bad. You can see from this thread. Tilting and twisting assumption, attacks and defense all in a thread - a reflection of good and/or bad.

Rysk
19-04-13, 19:40

NB! Over the past years.. so many ppl jumped from HDB.. but didn't see after their "jump" will cause the HDB price to crash

orange
19-04-13, 20:55
NB! Over the past years.. so many ppl jumped from HDB.. but didn't see after their "jump" will cause the HDB price to crash

Hahahaa! You put that Yowetan in his sad, sorry, pathetic place!

teddybear
19-04-13, 21:09
Interesting link. So they say cannot tax the rich more since SG already very high at 20% vs HK 15%. Furthermore HK no GST vs SG 7%. So need "Progressive tax", means to spread the tax from top earners & businessmen to every Tom, Dick & Harry in the middle? Wow! Have they arrive at -30% at the bottom? :doh:

hovivi
19-04-13, 21:12
Hi...for every degree of good, will ensue with another degree of bad. You can see from this thread. Tilting and twisting assumption, attacks and defense all in a thread - a reflection of good and/or bad.

Don't you have vested interest too?

Desperate for crash so you can buy your mt Sinai?

Don't forget if property price drop, the hdb that you are counting on to finance your condo will drop too.

minority
19-04-13, 21:21

u really talk cock leh MTB....

minority
19-04-13, 21:25
Interesting link. So they say cannot tax the rich more since SG already very high at 20% vs HK 15%. Furthermore HK no GST vs SG 7%. So need "Progressive tax", means to spread the tax from top earners & businessmen to every Tom, Dick & Harry in the middle? Wow! Have they arrive at -30% at the bottom? :doh:

talk cock lah. Anyway being rich is not a crime. If the tax is so high here why would they come? and with them also come business. so all leave so wat? the rest of the biz supporting them also eat grass. so wats there to gain.

another cockernaden.

teddybear
19-04-13, 21:51
You talk cock right? The high income earn so much in SG & don't want to pay more tax & expect those lower income people to pay more tax? :doh:
And don't forget the policy makers are also high income earners... :p
Reduce their tax from 25% to 20%, remove estate duty, then implement GST? :banghead:
and by the way, many of those earn big money in Singapore can't go overseas & still earn as much, eg:
- ask the ministers to go overseas can earn millions $ salary?
- Ask FEO to build properties overseas & sell to Singapore residents?
- Ask HDB to build HDB flats overseas & sell to Sg citizens?
- ask the car dealers to set up shops overseas to sell cars to Sg residents?
- ask f&b businessmen to setup restaurant & food outlets overseas & sell their food to Sg residents? :tongue3:

talk cock lah. Anyway being rich is not a crime. If the tax is so high here why would they come? and with them also come business. so all leave so wat? the rest of the biz supporting them also eat grass. so wats there to gain.

another cockernaden.

samuelk
19-04-13, 22:15

that's suppose to be a joke ?

minority
19-04-13, 22:20
You talk cock right? The high income earn so much in SG & don't want to pay more tax & expect those lower income people to pay more tax? :doh:
Reduce their tax from 25% to 20%, remove estate duty, then implement GST? :banghead:
and by the way, many of those earn big money in Singapore can't go overseas & still earn as much, eg:
- ask f&b businessmen to setup restaurant & food outlets overseas & sell their food to Sg residents? :tongue3:

u simply ignore the top earns also spend more become they earn more. consumption tax is also a tax.

simply focusing on income tax also tats narrow.

yeah coz the people like u KPKB man. these business cannot employ people to do work. So at least they business grow overseas keep Singaporeif no as a hub still can hire people here as HQ.

If not wat totally close down Singapore office coz no growth. that benefit singapore meh? cock leh.

teddybear
19-04-13, 23:29
You are 1 big cock!
The top income earners Earn $10m, save 5% on income tax means save $500k on taxes.
Consumption tax they pay 7% on $1m expenditure or $70k only.
Wow! The rich has it better, saved $430k in net taxes, + no more estate duty for them thrown in!
Oh by the way, do policy makers benefit or not? :beats-me-man:

u simply ignore the top earns also spend more become they earn more. consumption tax is also a tax.

simply focusing on income tax also tats narrow.

yeah coz the people like u KPKB man. these business cannot employ people to do work. So at least they business grow overseas keep Singaporeif no as a hub still can hire people here as HQ.

If not wat totally close down Singapore office coz no growth. that benefit singapore meh? cock leh.

proud owner
19-04-13, 23:39

chun bor ??

how come of late Barclays employees seem to make the news ...

minority
20-04-13, 08:44
You are 1 big cock!
The top income earners Earn $10m, save 5% on income tax means save $500k on taxes.
Consumption tax they pay 7% on $1m expenditure or $70k only.
Wow! The rich has it better, saved $430k in net taxes, + no more estate duty for them thrown in!
Oh by the way, do policy makers benefit or not? :beats-me-man:

u are really the no.1 cock..

like u say earn 10M u mean they will only spend 1M? 10% of income. wat cock u talk :banghead:

Jaykj
20-04-13, 09:05
chun bor ??

how come of late Barclays employees seem to make the news ...

Not chun at all! When I heard the rumor, I called her colleague and he stood up and said quietly "Er...she is still at her desk leh"

Imagine if she gets to hear the rumor, she might wonder "am I suppose to jump?" Anyway, hope the person rest in peace and bless the family. It's sad for the person to jump...but it's worst for the family.

westman
20-04-13, 09:40
Already mentioned long ago.. Ah tan is a troll.. not many believe.. many people sided him when we try to expose his trolling acts..

Now seeing all jumping high and low when ah tan start shouting falling property price. Has Ah tan touch your nerve?

:D :rolleyes:

radha08
20-04-13, 09:57
Already mentioned long ago.. Ah tan is a troll.. not many believe.. many people sided him when we try to expose his trolling acts..

Now seeing all jumping high and low when ah tan start shouting falling property price. Has Ah tan touch your nerve?

:D :rolleyes:

https://www.bitmit.net/en/img/trade_uploads/2012/12/27/troll-face-sticker_9ba2f.jpg

teddybear
20-04-13, 12:27
$1m a year they can eat shark fin, abalone everyday still have money left, that is why the more they earn, the less in % they spend.
Eg, if they earn $100m a year, you think they can spend $70m a year on living expenses to spend 70% like the middle-income earners? :tongue3:
That is why cutting top earners income tax to implement GST is seriously wrong!
Either they are ignorant or they intend to help the rich to save on taxes & milk the shortfall from general population, which is which? :doh:

like u say earn 10M u mean they will only spend 1M? 10% of income. wat cock u talk :banghead:

teddybear
20-04-13, 12:35
You are another big troll and talk cock all the time with limited intelligent level to comprehend simple passage and analyze simple thing :doh:

u really talk cock leh MTB....

teddybear
20-04-13, 13:05
People earn $10m probably spend about $1m a year in Singapore.
People earn $50m probably also spend about $1m a year in Singapore.
If they spend more, then that will be in overseas, free of Singapore's GST. :tsk-tsk: So all those comments about cutting their income taxes can retrieve from their paying GST is just plain rubbish, talk kok. :rolleyes:

yowetan
20-04-13, 13:07
Hi...as a matter of fact; once crashes, everyone will just cut spending.

westman
20-04-13, 13:11
https://www.bitmit.net/en/img/trade_uploads/2012/12/27/troll-face-sticker_9ba2f.jpg

The pic speaks it all... good one.:D

Cupcakes
20-04-13, 15:04
Creepy....

thomastansb
20-04-13, 15:36
If I am rich, I already pay 20% income tax. So what more you want? Tax me 50%? I am not even taxed at 10% but I am thinking why should the rich be taxed more? Just because they are more capable and clever? So the system is already unfair to the rich. Because under the constituency, everyone is equal.

$1m a year they can eat shark fin, abalone everyday still have money left, that is why the more they earn, the less in % they spend.
Eg, if they earn $100m a year, you think they can spend $70m a year on living expenses to spend 70% like the middle-income earners? :tongue3:
Either they are ignorant or they intend to help the rich to save on taxes & milk the shortfall from general population, which is which? :doh:

thomastansb
20-04-13, 15:39
Don't forget the poor and bottom few % get taxed at -30%. They get money from government for working. The gap is already 50% between the lowest and highest. It works and it is good.

samuelk
20-04-13, 17:18
Don't forget the poor and bottom few % get taxed at -30%. They get money from government for working. The gap is already 50% between the lowest and highest. It works and it is good.
the taxes in SG is already one of the lowest. Lets not rock the boat.

thomastansb
20-04-13, 17:25
Ya, I know. Where on earth can I pay single digit tax and still afford to stay at a decent sized CCR private apartment?

the taxes in SG is already one of the lowest. Lets not rock the boat.

teddybear
20-04-13, 17:25
You thought the rich can be so rich all by themselves! They are taking advantage of Singapore situation/infrastructures/amenities/open door policy to more immigrants etc...to make a fortune out of it!

You thought the ministers can really earn million dollars in elsewhere? it's because the unique situation/policy in Singapore that allow this. Can they really compete with world- class politician? such as Bill Clinton? Tony Blair? Margaret Thacher? Hillary Clinton? 1 minister pay already can let us hire Tony Blair, Bill Clinton, and Hillary Clinton as the foreign minister (we can have the all) for Singapore. Singapore will be MUCH better off to have these world renowned and well-connected politicians to be our foreign Ministers!:rolleyes:

Back to the point! Since they are benefited from the current Singapore situation MUCH more than lower income people, they should pay more TAX

If I am rich, I already pay 20% income tax. So what more you want? Tax me 50%? I am not even taxed at 10% but I am thinking why should the rich be taxed more? Just because they are more capable and clever? So the system is already unfair to the rich. Because under the constituency, everyone is equal.

sgbuyer
20-04-13, 17:30

1 million is a lot to you, but to them, a 30 million GCB, is out of reach!

teddybear
20-04-13, 17:30
Show me the data to prove "the gap is already 50% between the lowest and highest"?

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE!

teddybear
20-04-13, 17:36
That besides the point! The point is those rich won't spend a lot of money for those dispensable items in Singapore because they are subjected to GST. They would rather take a private jet/plane to Europe and buy those dispensable items which are much cheaper and not subjected to GST!

They can spend 10 Millions oversea or even buy properties in Singapore but all these are not subjected to GST and estate duty TAX. How much property tax you can get from them? it's peanut as compared to that income tax that they saved resulted from the tax rate cut from 25% to 20%!

In Conclusion! They are MUCH better off than any Middle and upper middle income people from the tax rate cut perspective!!!

1 million is a lot to you, but to them, a 30 million GCB, is out of reach!

thomastansb
20-04-13, 17:45
Ya, we know that. If I earn 4k, I am better off than the one earning 1k. Or you are expecting the one earning 4k, 1k and 400k to be having the same disposable income? If I am not better off than the one working 1k, why should I work hard? Like Greece.

That besides the point! The point is those rich won't spend a lot of money for those dispensable items in Singapore because they are subjected to GST. They would rather take a private jet/plane to Europe and buy those dispensable items which are much cheaper and not subjected to GST!

They can spend 10 Millions oversea or even buy properties in Singapore but all these are not subjected to GST and estate duty TAX. How much property tax you can get from them? it's peanut as compared to that income tax that they saved resulted from the tax rate cut from 25% to 20%!

In Conclusion! They are MUCH better off than any Middle and upper middle income people from the tax rate cut perspective!!!

thomastansb
20-04-13, 17:49
My auntie lor. She earn 1k and she is getting workfare of about $350 a month from the Government. She doesn't pay any tax. In fact, it is close to -35% if I do a quick calculation and not forgetting the GST rebates etc... No wonder she die also vote PAP.

Anyway, we are not in their shoes, so we don't know how precious these dollars and cents mean to them. If we do away with workfare, she will be in trouble. Of course to us, $350 only enough to pay maintenance so we don't really care and unless you or someone you know happen to earn 1k, then you will realise the gap is really 50% and they are very happy. Definitely happier than me even though I earn much more than her.

Show me the data to prove "the gap is already 50% between the lowest and highest"?

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE!

DC33_2008
20-04-13, 17:57
Do you know the difference in opportunity between the 1k, 4k and 400k?
Ya, we know that. If I earn 4k, I am better off than the one earning 1k. Or you are expecting the one earning 4k, 1k and 400k to be having the same disposable income? If I am not better off than the one working 1k, why should I work hard? Like Greece.

teddybear
20-04-13, 17:58
Your auntie ignorant right? Get workfare so easy? On the contrary, many poor said they were humiliated when asked for 18th generation family income history by these social workers. Furthermore, if not because of these cheap labours, they would be earning much more! Why would they thank them for cheapening their wages & humiliating them? There are many who are definitely smarter than your auntie........... :beats-me-man:

My auntie lor. She earn 1k and she is getting workfare of about $350 a month from the Government. She doesn't pay any tax. In fact, it is close to -35% if I do a quick calculation and not forgetting the GST rebates etc... No wonder she die also vote PAP.

Anyway, we are not in their shoes, so we don't know how precious these dollars and cents mean to them. If we do away with workfare, she will be in trouble. Of course to us, $350 only enough to pay maintenance so we don't really care and unless you or someone you know happen to earn 1k, then you will realise the gap is really 50% and they are very happy. Definitely happier than me even though I earn much more than her.

teddybear
20-04-13, 18:12
Progressive Tax should be when you earn more, you pay more!
Furthermore, is there a need to reduce income tax of rich by 5% then implement GST to collect the tax shortfall from the rest of the population? May be you can explain? so far they say they implement GST to help the poor! Now that so many years they never increase GST, they are now telling us that they are no longer interested in helping the poor? :doh:

I believe in fairness, & not trying to twist words (even if this means I need to pay more taxes). However I only want to pay more taxes in the correct way, like when I earn more; not in the wrong way/category, like GST or wealth, & poor innocent young, old, retiree, sick, disabled also get tax for no income! The world has been going skewed, it is a matter of time that we get a major revolution to throw off these fat cats & their cronies who are always exploiting the general population to make them pay more for taxes in other form (eg GST with no basic necessities exemption, tax on wealth etc), work longer hours without corresponding increase in pay, saying they can be replaced by foreigners if they not happy. yet they have the cheek to cut fat cat taxes & tax the rest more?

Under the constitution, everyone is equal? Why then we have GEP & IP where the kids are given special privilege & priority into sec school & JC without needing to compete base on their PSLE & GCE O level results? :banghead:

thomastansb
21-04-13, 00:27
No leh, 5 years ago, she was worse off. Now, she is much much better. Her HDB is worth almost double and her salary went up quite a bit. With workfare, almost double in 5 years. Anyway, workfare IS that easy to get. It is whether you choose to accept the fact that the Government is good or not. Of course, you can always say "can get so easy meh"? Living proof, I don't have to convince anyone. It is up to you to find out. Most people won't believe it either but most people don't earn that little to qualify for it. Like you, they are asking "where got so easy one"?

Your auntie ignorant right? Get workfare so easy? On the contrary, many poor said they were humiliated when asked for 18th generation family income history by these social workers. Furthermore, if not because of these cheap labours, they would be earning much more! Why would they thank them for cheapening their wages & humiliating them? There are many who are definitely smarter than your auntie........... :beats-me-man:

thomastansb
21-04-13, 00:36
That is why I say, you are rich. You don't understand the poor. You don't see much GST rebate because you are rich. My auntie is poor and she appreciate what the Government has done. Some rich people are really selfish. Just want to lower the GST so they don't have to pay. In the end, the poor suffer more. Anyway, some things don't need GST. Your 3 meals at hawker no need GST and that is bulk of the daily cost. Only the rich pay GST when they dine at restaurant. The poor pay negative income tax also so I don't see a problem. But you are entitled to your "rich" view. I have personally seen how poor people benefited so I will join my auntie and vote for PAP. Real case scenario rather than hear hear see see.

Furthermore, is there a need to reduce income tax of rich by 5% then implement GST to collect the tax shortfall from the rest of the population? May be you can explain? so far they say they implement GST to help the poor! Now that so many years they never increase GST, they are now telling us that they are no longer interested in helping the poor? :doh:

I believe in fairness, & not trying to twist words (even if this means I need to pay more taxes). However I only want to pay more taxes in the correct way, like when I earn more; not in the wrong way/category, like GST or wealth, & poor innocent young, old, retiree, sick, disabled also get tax for no income! The world has been going skewed, it is a matter of time that we get a major revolution to throw off these fat cats & their cronies who are always exploiting the general population to make them pay more for taxes in other form (eg GST with no basic necessities exemption, tax on wealth etc), work longer hours without corresponding increase in pay, saying they can be replaced by foreigners if they not happy. yet they have the cheek to cut fat cat taxes & tax the rest more?

Under the constitution, everyone is equal? Why then we have GEP & IP where the kids are given special privilege & priority into sec school & JC without needing to compete base on their PSLE & GCE O level results? :banghead:

phantom_opera
21-04-13, 10:50
workfare is goid but the poor has no time cooking probably eat more junk outside

drop in quality of hawker food is normal in last few years

and I can tell u we should ban hawker cooking using palm oil

in Macao 杏仁饼 is using canola oil charcoal roasted, potato chip from uk is using sunflower oil, cookies from Australia also not palm oil

cheap food in hawker or fast food chain means all sort of medical problems later

n American in king of marketing junk food like McDonald, dunkin donut, KFC

subway is the only acceptable fast food imo

heehee
21-04-13, 11:36
Please get your fact right: hawker food no GST? I never know GST got exemption for certain items! the GST already imputed in the price! :doh:

That is why I say, you are rich. You don't understand the poor. You don't see much GST rebate because you are rich. My auntie is poor and she appreciate what the Government has done. Some rich people are really selfish. Just want to lower the GST so they don't have to pay. In the end, the poor suffer more. Anyway, some things don't need GST. Your 3 meals at hawker no need GST and that is bulk of the daily cost. Only the rich pay GST when they dine at restaurant. The poor pay negative income tax also so I don't see a problem. But you are entitled to your "rich" view. I have personally seen how poor people benefited so I will join my auntie and vote for PAP. Real case scenario rather than hear hear see see.

PN
21-04-13, 12:02

You should thank the whistle blower. Otherwise, if you & your wife lost your job due to reorg in your bank you could be one of .......

But since you TC only, I invite you to my thread to SS to release your stress instead of keep thinking of crash. :D

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16369

thomastansb
21-04-13, 13:41
$3 a plate lor. Don't think any country can match this price.

Please get your fact right: hawker food no GST? I never know GST got exemption for certain items! the GST already imputed in the price! :doh:

phantom_opera
21-04-13, 13:43
if u eat 3 plates a day daily, I guarantee u like 黄文永

teddybear
21-04-13, 14:29
Yes, with recycled cheapest most unhealthy oil & other ingredients recycled overnight from left overs, they keep refreezing left over unsold food, + Saw some drop food on floor straight away pick up & throw into wok to cook + ingredients so little & portions left <2/3 of what they used to be? Why so? :doh:

You say no country can match price? :banghead:
Why so many people go Malaysia to eat & shop hah? Now got even more go there planning to retire there. May be you can consult hynerix?

teddybear
21-04-13, 14:49
You said so much but still can't provide details/data to support your view. It's not that you don't have to convince but you HAVE NO BASIS and NO GROUND to support your case.:doh:

I'm still waiting for you to prove your case but you can't!!!:banghead:

No leh, 5 years ago, she was worse off. Now, she is much much better. Her HDB is worth almost double and her salary went up quite a bit. With workfare, almost double in 5 years. Anyway, workfare IS that easy to get. It is whether you choose to accept the fact that the Government is good or not. Of course, you can always say "can get so easy meh"? Living proof, I don't have to convince anyone. It is up to you to find out. Most people won't believe it either but most people don't earn that little to qualify for it. Like you, they are asking "where got so easy one"?

teddybear
21-04-13, 14:55
How can you said the reverse! It's the Gov's policies to allow the RICH to pay less Income Tax and pay very little for GST and Hence RICH PAY VERY LITTLE TAX in total.:doh:

Not sure if you are ignorant or your are not living in Singapore. Not even know there is no such thing that some things don't need GST in Singapore!:banghead:

Be it directly or indirectly, everyone pays GST in Singapore!!!:tongue3:

thomastansb
21-04-13, 15:42
Go google for workfare. You will find your answer. It is a matter of choice.

You said so much but still can't provide details/data to support your view. It's not that you don't have to convince but you HAVE NO BASIS and NO GROUND to support your case.:doh:

I'm still waiting for you to prove your case but you can't!!!:banghead:

thomastansb
21-04-13, 15:43
Again, pick some country that is way behind us. Might as well say Africa :doh:. Or Vietnam. $1.30 one bowl.

Yes, with recycled cheapest most unhealthy oil & other ingredients recycled overnight from left overs, they keep refreezing left over unsold food, + Saw some drop food on floor straight away pick up & throw into wok to cook + ingredients so little & portions left <2/3 of what they used to be? Why so? :doh:

Why so many people go Malaysia to eat & shop hah? Now got even more go there planning to retire there. May be you can consult hynerix?

thomastansb
21-04-13, 15:46
As I said, the rich already paid 20% income tax. 50% more than the poorest. Consumption tax is individual. You spend more, you pay more. This is life. Every country is the same.

Oh ya, there is a reason why France did not manage to tax the rich 75%. Did you hear about LV boss going to Belgium? And many billionaires as well. In the end, who lose the jobs?

That is why you don't know what implications it will bring when you tax the rich. Tax the rich is so easy. Populist decision. Everyone also can say. No brainer.

How can you said the reverse! It's the Gov's policies to allow the RICH to pay less Income Tax and pay very little for GST and Hence RICH PAY VERY LITTLE TAX in total.:doh:

Not sure if you are ignorant or your are not living in Singapore. Not even know there is no such thing that some things don't need GST in Singapore!:banghead:

Be it directly or indirectly, everyone pays GST in Singapore!!!:tongue3:

teddybear
21-04-13, 18:47
1. This is the most funny way I have ever heard! Based on your way of reasoning, then countries like UK has a tax range of -100% for the poor and unemployed (their benefits and payouts are much much better and higher than SG) to 50%, that is 150% range! Singapore really lose out in that respect and has a lot to catch up! :tongue3: You don't compare SG to first world country like UK do you? :p

2. Again, you just show your absolute ignorance!
Didn't you hear me saying that in first world countries like UK (that you don't like to compare SG with), their VAT are exempted from all basic necessities (including raw food, medicine, children products etc). This is absolutely different from Singapore's GST which taxes everything. To a middle and lower income family, a GST of 7% in SG could be equivalent of >80% of VAT in UK! That is because middle-income families mostly only spend on basic necessities! How could GST be same as consumption taxes in other countries like VAT in UK?

3. Some idiotic excuse again. You are telling us that increasing tax by 5-10% to 25%-30% will drive billionaires away? Oh well, based on your reasoning and argument, There should NOT be any billionaires in US and UK where highest tax is 50%! This is a really NO-BRAINER!
Furthermore, many of these money earned by these rich people in Singapore cannot be exported/shifted overseas. Example:
1) Can the ministers go overseas and work as a minister yet get Millions $ in salary?
2) Can the businessmen owning F&B shops and restaurants and retail shops setup up shops and restaurants overseas to serve Singapore residents?
3) Can the construction companies build houses overseas to sell houses to Singapore residents for own-stay?
The answers to above are very obvious! Only idiots like you won't understand I suppose? Since idiots don't like to talk base on facts, and keep asking when did Singapore govt reduces the top income earners income tax by 5% despite that this is a fact! I am really very humiliated because he is saying as though I am telling a lie when he can't even bother to check the fact!

As I said, (1) the rich already paid 20% income tax. 50% more than the poorest. Consumption tax is individual. You spend more, you pay more. This is life. (2) Every country is the same.

(3) Oh ya, there is a reason why France did not manage to tax the rich 75%. Did you hear about LV boss going to Belgium? And many billionaires as well. In the end, who lose the jobs?

That is why you don't know what implications it will bring when you tax the rich. Tax the rich is so easy. Populist decision. Everyone also can say. No brainer.

thomastansb
21-04-13, 19:20
1) UK just lost AAA status. Don't really like comparing to them.

2) You sound like a bigger idiot. Must have failed your econs and finance. Hope you did take those subjects.

Oh ya, Mr. Genius, still waiting for your big "CLAIM" that the rich get income tax rebate. Show me before we continue. If not, talk to you also useless because all you do is to twist and lie. Mr. B number 2?

1. This is the most funny way I have ever heard! Based on your way of reasoning, then countries like UK has a tax range of -100% for the poor and unemployed (their benefits and payouts are much much better and higher than SG) to 50%, that is 150% range! Singapore really lose out in that respect and has a lot to catch up! :tongue3: You don't compare SG to first world country like UK do you? :p

2. Again, you just show your absolute ignorance!
Didn't you hear me saying that in first world countries like UK (that you don't like to compare SG with), their VAT are exempted from all basic necessities (including raw food, medicine, children products etc). This is absolutely different from Singapore's GST which taxes everything. To a middle and lower income family, a GST of 7% in SG could be equivalent of >80% of VAT in UK! That is because middle-income families mostly only spend on basic necessities! How could GST be same as consumption taxes in other countries like VAT in UK?

3. Some idiotic excuse again. You are telling us that increasing tax by 5-10% to 25%-30% will drive billionaires away? Oh well, based on your reasoning and argument, There should NOT be any billionaires in US and UK where highest tax is 50%! This is a really NO-BRAINER!
Furthermore, many of these money earned by these rich people in Singapore cannot be exported/shifted overseas. Example:
1) Can the ministers go overseas and work as a minister yet get Millions $ in salary?
2) Can the businessmen owning F&B shops and restaurants and retail shops setup up shops and restaurants overseas to serve Singapore residents?
3) Can the construction companies build houses overseas to sell houses to Singapore residents for own-stay?
The answers to above are very obvious! Only idiots like you won't understand I suppose? Since idiots don't like to talk base on facts, and keep asking when did Singapore govt reduces the top income earners income tax by 5% despite that this is a fact! I am really very humiliated because he is saying as though I am telling a lie when he can't even bother to check the fact!

teddybear
21-04-13, 19:56
I'd brought myself so low to talk to an idiot who can't even understand economics and finance! This idiot can't even do the search properly on Google and also can't even search my previous postings to find out that I have already given the examples that he wanted many days ago....

Also, can't figure the fact and get the fact right already shooting like no tomorrow! So, what do you make out about UK lost AAA status? Their middle income citizens will get taxed more? :doh:

1) UK just lost AAA status. Don't really like comparing to them.

2) You sound like a bigger idiot. Must have failed your econs and finance. Hope you did take those subjects.

Oh ya, Mr. Genius, still waiting for your big "CLAIM" that the rich get income tax rebate. Show me before we continue. If not, talk to you also useless because all you do is to twist and lie. Mr. B number 2?

thomastansb
21-04-13, 20:32
So where did the rich get taxed lesser???? Nothing to show?

I'd brought myself so low to talk to an idiot who can't even understand economics and finance! This idiot can't even do the search properly on Google and also can't even search my previous postings to find out that I have already given the examples that he wanted many days ago....

Also, can't figure the fact and get the fact right already shooting like no tomorrow! So, what do you make out about UK lost AAA status? Their middle income citizens will get taxed more? :doh:

thomastansb
21-04-13, 20:39
Waiting for your example of the Government reducing income tax of rich by 5%.... Where? How? When?

If you cannot even be honest enough to tell the truth, then who is going to believe you?

So how did the rich get 5% tax rebate more than the middle class?

Furthermore, is there a need to reduce income tax of rich by 5% then implement GST to collect the tax shortfall from the rest of the population?

minority
21-04-13, 20:49

How many Ferrari can I buy with $1M ah? How much to maintain a Yacht ah? ? How abt the sentosa 30M Landed tax how much ah...? and the frequent flight to paris for BF and all the parties being thrown ah?

u think the Rich each $3 chicken rich with u ah? they Consume! they invest the build business all pay TAX! u only so narrow see 1 thing.

minority
21-04-13, 20:51

Becoz got jealous people mah. Its to make the rich feel poor so the poor feel rich. Thats how they think it will work for them.

minority
21-04-13, 20:54
You thought the rich can be so rich all by themselves! They are taking advantage of Singapore situation/infrastructures/amenities/open door policy to more immigrants etc...to make a fortune out of it!

You thought the ministers can really earn million dollars in elsewhere? it's because the unique situation/policy in Singapore that allow this. Can they really compete with world- class politician? such as Bill Clinton? Tony Blair? Margaret Thacher? Hillary Clinton? 1 minister pay already can let us hire Tony Blair, Bill Clinton, and Hillary Clinton as the foreign minister (we can have the all) for Singapore. Singapore will be MUCH better off to have these world renowned and well-connected politicians to be our foreign Ministers!:rolleyes:

Back to the point! Since they are benefited from the current Singapore situation MUCH more than lower income people, they should pay more TAX

u mean we never take advantage of their presence? the business being build and jobs being created? u sound like there is nothing to gain. so make singapore a slump and a that wound not benefit the rich then. so like tat benefit nut head like u ?

maybe u MBT like the YT. want reset so can get a head start again? LOL

so u mean politician from overseas after leave office never leverage on thier relationship for books, talks and lobbing? thats where the real $ comes.

teddybear
21-04-13, 20:57
When 李敖说新加坡人很笨, I was angry but I am getting more and more agreeable with him now! Even the mere mortals are so ignorant and willing to get stripped, what more can I say? :doh:

(http://www.aboluowang.com/news/2006/0509/251.html)

hyenergix

Eh? Someone called me? :p

I can see Teddy is beary upset with the lowered tax that e top tier earners enjoy. A possible solution is Teddy to chill down first, and work harder to become that group and also spend less time getting upset here. Or even better, join me to retire in JB.

Yes, quality and quantity of food in JB are definitely at least 2 times better in SG for the same price. But it could be ur last meal any time :scared-5:

minority

For the rich who care the 1 hand bag 2 hand bag. the big ticket items are the items to be taxed! Sports Cars, big houses, yacht , country clubs business parties. and social circles.

u thin GST lost in some handbag or cloths are big deal? how they come back? swim? they also have to fly their private jet! thats also consumption in singapore.

minority
21-04-13, 20:58
When 李敖说新加坡人很笨, I was angry but I am getting more and more agreeable with him now! Even the mere mortals are so ignorant and willing to get stripped, what more can I say? :doh:

(http://www.aboluowang.com/news/2006/0509/251.html)

wat happen!!!! u just looked into ur pool of pee?

teddybear
21-04-13, 21:02
Talking like very knowledgeable? We all know you are arguing for the sake of arguing, with no facts to back up what you say. :tsk-tsk:

For the rich who care the 1 hand bag 2 hand bag. the big ticket items are the items to be taxed! Sports Cars, big houses, yacht , country clubs business parties. and social circles.

u thin GST lost in some handbag or cloths are big deal? how they come back? swim? they also have to fly their private jet! thats also consumption in singapore.

teddybear
21-04-13, 21:03
I have to agree that you fit very well on the following phrases:

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Time after time, history demonstrates that when people don't want to believe something, they have enormous skills of ignoring it altogether.”
― Jim Butcher, Dead Beat

wat happen!!!! u just looked into ur pool of pee?

teddybear
21-04-13, 21:06
I Upset? No. I just found that it's amusing with the situation here and yet people still can't see..

Do you know what Warren Buffet says?
Why Warren Buffett Is Right About Raising Taxes on the Rich | Daily (http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/why-warren-buffett-raising-taxes-rich-144852573.html)

If people like you are being priced out from Singapore and I assumed that you are at least top 5-10% income....It's afterall a mass balance, bottom 90-95% felt the pressure from the cost of living here, then the money must be ended up with someone. It's safe to say that top 0.1% people earns all the rest money. When I looked at the income tax and GST that they need to pay, I have a good laugh of it!:p

Eh? Someone called me? :p

I can see Teddy is beary upset with the lowered tax that e top tier earners enjoy. A possible solution is Teddy to chill down first, and work harder to become that group and also spend less time getting upset here. Or even better, join me to retire in JB.

Yes, quality and quantity of food in JB are definitely at least 2 times better in SG for the same price. But it could be ur last meal any time :scared-5:

DKSG
21-04-13, 21:13
We have an angry Bear Bear here today...

Cool down ok?

Not many people understand the rich or the poor. If you are one of the privileged who understand, you will find it very difficult to communicate to the rest.

Office Boy knows this because Office Boy comes from poor background.

Adding 7% to my expenses is seriously tough last time.

Also, I must point out one thing, we seriously do not need to tax everything 7% to balance the budget, we have ALOT ALOT of money stash away for the so-called future generation, but shouldnt money earned in this generation be used in this generation ? Why do we need to put aside for the future generation ? Cant they earn it themselves ?

It saddens me to see poor old folks at hawker centres clearing plates - this was the generation that helped build we have today, they certainly deserve us taking out a few billions dollars from our reserves to make sure they live their last days happily and contentedly.

DKSG

thomastansb
21-04-13, 21:25
Look who is talking.. Where is the 5% tax reduction for rich people's income tax??? Where? You talk so much but can't even cite an article on this.

Talking like very knowledgeable? We all know you are arguing for the sake of arguing, with no facts to back up what you say. :tsk-tsk:

phantom_opera
21-04-13, 21:25
We have an angry Bear Bear here today...

Cool down ok?

Not many people understand the rich or the poor. If you are one of the privileged who understand, you will find it very difficult to communicate to the rest.

Office Boy knows this because Office Boy comes from poor background.

Adding 7% to my expenses is seriously tough last time.

Also, I must point out one thing, we seriously do not need to tax everything 7% to balance the budget, we have ALOT ALOT of money stash away for the so-called future generation, but shouldnt money earned in this generation be used in this generation ? Why do we need to put aside for the future generation ? Cant they earn it themselves ?

It saddens me to see poor old folks at hawker centres clearing plates - this was the generation that helped build we have today, they certainly deserve us taking out a few billions dollars from our reserves to make sure they live their last days happily and contentedly.

DKSG

that is because Singapore economy is fragile, no natural resources, we expect Soros to attack us one day so if we do not have enough reserve we are doomed

also LHL already said, more drawdown on reserve will start when Singapore population ages (of course they can keep importing)

also the entitlement mentality is drugs (now i can appreciate more due to PIIGS crisis and US budge deficit)

teddybear
21-04-13, 21:29
You really can't make it!:scared-2:

Look who is talking.. Where is the 5% tax reduction for rich people's income tax??? Where? You talk so much but can't even cite an article on this.

thomastansb
21-04-13, 21:35
Tell me about it. So 5% tax reduction for rich where? Now, who cannot make it?

teddybear
21-04-13, 21:37
You fit well on these two too:

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

“Time after time, history demonstrates that when people don't want to believe something, they have enormous skills of ignoring it altogether.”
― Jim Butcher, Dead Beat

Tell me about it. So 5% tax reduction for rich where? Now, who cannot make it?

thomastansb
21-04-13, 21:44
Still nothing about the 5%. What a whole load of crap from you...

You fit well on these two too:

― Jim Butcher, Dead Beat

Squall8888
21-04-13, 22:13
This is a property forum so please don't make it into a political forum. I think you should refrain from posting anti-government messages because if you are not happy, just vote for opposition. There is no need to tell people how bad the government is or how the rich should be taxed more because different people different views. No system is perfect. No system is right or wrong. Just trade offs. You want higher tax for the rich, there will be trade off. Don't tell me there isn't because that is common sense.

If you are really that unhappy, go have an online chat with minister or go join opposition. Seriously, I don't understand why you are spreading your negativity in the forum. Don't be a keyboard warrior only like many others. Complain, everyone also know how to do it. Go do something about it and change things. You can go on forever but no one is going to vote for PAP or opposition based on your view. If the policy benefit me, I will vote for PAP. If it doesn't, then I don't. It is just as simple as that. No policy is perfect and some gain, some doesn't.

So be nice, don't kick up a big fuss and put your anger into action. If you think the poor people are not well off, then go help them. Donate your money, buy them food like the one who started the "chope the meal or seat" initiative. I am not here to talk about politics with you so don't rebutt me. There is no ending to debates about policies because some benefit, some don't and I don't wish to be involved in one.

thomastansb
21-04-13, 23:19
LOL. Some people don't understand trade offs. Some like to compare Swiss quality air.

This is a property forum so please don't make it into a political forum. I think you should refrain from posting anti-government messages because if you are not happy, just vote for opposition. There is no need to tell people how bad the government is or how the rich should be taxed more because different people different views. No system is perfect. No system is right or wrong. Just trade offs. You want higher tax for the rich, there will be trade off. Don't tell me there isn't because that is common sense.

If you are really that unhappy, go have an online chat with minister or go join opposition. Seriously, I don't understand why you are spreading your negativity in the forum. Don't be a keyboard warrior only like many others. Complain, everyone also know how to do it. Go do something about it and change things. You can go on forever but no one is going to vote for PAP or opposition based on your view. If the policy benefit me, I will vote for PAP. If it doesn't, then I don't. It is just as simple as that. No policy is perfect and some gain, some doesn't.

So be nice, don't kick up a big fuss and put your anger into action. If you think the poor people are not well off, then go help them. Donate your money, buy them food like the one who started the "chope the meal or seat" initiative. I am not here to talk about politics with you so don't rebutt me. There is no ending to debates about policies because some benefit, some don't and I don't wish to be involved in one.

stl67
21-04-13, 23:40
that is because Singapore economy is fragile, no natural resources, we expect Soros to attack us one day so if we do not have enough reserve we are doomed

also LHL already said, more drawdown on reserve will start when Singapore population ages (of course they can keep importing)

also the entitlement mentality is drugs (now i can appreciate more due to PIIGS crisis and US budge deficit)
Thumbs up, I think soros also scare to attack us. But, our neighboring countries will be easy target.

teddybear
22-04-13, 00:03
Don't understand you mentioning about the "politics" part. We never even mention about Opposition, how has it to do with politics?

We are just arguing on why there is a need to cut the income tax of the top income earners, in recent years from 25% to 20% for personal income tax and 23% to 17% for corporate tax, and in fact from 33% to 20% for personal income tax since 1994 after GST was introduced. We all know that GST was introduced so that personal income tax and corporate tax can be cut, but I believe there is no good rationale for that. Regardless of whichever, I still pay taxes, regardless of tax via income or consumption tax etc, but I emphathize many of the middle-income earners and the low income earners who have been squeezed left-right-centre because of these tax changes! Firstly, cut in personal income tax of top income earners and corporate tax they don't benefit, many not even a little bit! However, the 7% increase in GST hit them badly! Now there are even more talks about increasing consumption taxes like GST and even recently introduced tax on wealth and talk of even more to come, which is meant to tax middle income people and the masses, including those with no income, more taxes again! Isn't this trying to spread taxes revenue to the general population and the masses, including those young, old, unemployed, retirees, disabled, etc who have no income but yet they are unwilling to increase the taxes of top income earners and the corporate taxes? Increasing has nothing wrong since they have benefited greatly from the 13% tax cut since 1994! Why since the masses who earn peanuts (some don't even earn anything) getting more taxes just so that the top income earners and the rich businessmen can enjoy their 13% tax cut?

And how we are going to raise this is our own personal preference, you seem very unhappy about this? Regardless of how unhappy you are,
All the above are facts. What are you disputing above that are not facts?
You are afraid that more and more people will be aware of these facts? :doh:

thomastansb
22-04-13, 10:01
So everyone get reduction in income tax lah. Thought you mentioned only the rich get 5% reduction. Selective memory? You only remember the rich paying lesser income tax (sour grapes?). But you don't remember the middle class also pay lesser and you don't remember the poor get workfare.

No wonder you so pissed off. Because you think the Government is trying to screw you and tax the rich 0%.

Why don't you change topic? This time round, you say the Government is trying to bring in the haze from Indonesia. But look at Switzerland, they have clean air there. You use this topic, no one will argue with you. You confirm win.

Don't understand you mentioning about the "politics" part. We never even mention about Opposition, how has it to do with politics?

We are just arguing on why there is a need to cut the income tax of the top income earners, in recent years from 25% to 20% for personal income tax and 23% to 17% for corporate tax, and in fact from 33% to 20% for personal income tax since 1994 after GST was introduced. We all know that GST was introduced so that personal income tax and corporate tax can be cut, but I believe there is no good rationale for that. Regardless of whichever, I still pay taxes, regardless of tax via income or consumption tax etc, but I emphathize many of the middle-income earners and the low income earners who have been squeezed left-right-centre because of these tax changes! Firstly, cut in personal income tax of top income earners and corporate tax they don't benefit, many not even a little bit! However, the 7% increase in GST hit them badly! Now there are even more talks about increasing consumption taxes like GST and even recently introduced tax on wealth and talk of even more to come, which is meant to tax middle income people and the masses, including those with no income, more taxes again! Isn't this trying to spread taxes revenue to the general population and the masses, including those young, old, unemployed, retirees, disabled, etc who have no income but yet they are unwilling to increase the taxes of top income earners and the corporate taxes? Increasing has nothing wrong since they have benefited greatly from the 13% tax cut since 1994! Why since the masses who earn peanuts (some don't even earn anything) getting more taxes just so that the top income earners and the rich businessmen can enjoy their 13% tax cut?

And how we are going to raise this is our own personal preference, you seem very unhappy about this? Regardless of how unhappy you are,
All the above are facts. What are you disputing above that are not facts?
You are afraid that more and more people will be aware of these facts? :doh:

Rosy
22-04-13, 11:30
So everyone get reduction in income tax lah. Thought you mentioned only the rich get 5% reduction. Selective memory? You only remember the rich paying lesser income tax (sour grapes?). But you don't remember the middle class also pay lesser and you don't remember the poor get workfare.

No wonder you so pissed off. Because you think the Government is trying to screw you and tax the rich 0%.

Why don't you change topic? This time round, you say the Government is trying to bring in the haze from Indonesia. But look at Switzerland, they have clean air there. You use this topic, no one will argue with you. You confirm win.
the top 5% benefitted the most when personal income tax was reduced to 20%

I am on the bear's side that GST and reduce income tax actually benefit the rich more than the poor and middle income earners.

However, we know the rationale behind it. We have to compete with HK. Economic growth and job creation is top priority as we only have human resource.

thomastansb
22-04-13, 11:37
Fair enough. There are trade offs then. The benefits outweigh the cons. There are 2 sides to a coin and some focus on 1 side.

I am on the bear's side that GST and reduce income tax actually benefit the rich more than the poor and middle income earners.

However, we know the rationale behind it. We have to compete with HK. Economic growth and job creation is top priority as we only have human resource.

minority
22-04-13, 11:47
Fair enough. There are trade offs then. The benefits outweigh the cons. There are 2 sides to a coin and some focus on 1 side.

some just blame the coin.

minority
22-04-13, 11:49
frankly so un happy then move to HK loh. no 1 stopping ah. on one hand scream n scream for a well fair state. on the other hand complain pay tax. So who pay? get the Rich to pay? lol. then If I m the Rich I will stay in HK and deal with sgp business from there.

teddybear
22-04-13, 12:18
The fact is hong kong tax rate was already so much lower than singapore's when Singapore tax rate was already at 25%, but you already seen many rich people and tycoons moved here from India, china, us, Russia etc!!! The are much attractives attributes that singapore can offer over hong koong's. If not, they already moved to hong kong instead of singapore. I normally do not take their explanation easily. I will anyse the trend to see if it is working accordingly to what they claimed.

However, they continued to cut the tax rate further to 20% which I think is unnecessary. We are already very attractive at 25%.

teddybear
22-04-13, 12:22
Yalor, the rich r not happy, they will move to hong kong. But they didn't, they continue to stay n this speak a lot about situation.
Ths for reminding me this!

With your limited intelligent gel in your brain, difficult for u to comprehend! Hahaha...

frankly so un happy then move to HK loh. no 1 stopping ah. on one hand scream n scream for a well fair state. on the other hand complain pay tax. So who pay? get the Rich to pay? lol. then If I m the Rich I will stay in HK and deal with sgp business from there.

minority
22-04-13, 12:24
Demark individual tax 59% and GST 25%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tax_rates

Most of the countries that have a Max individual tax of 50+% have GST in the 20-25%.

teddybear
22-04-13, 12:26
Ask the minister how many jobs and the nature of the jobs that the new rich has created in Singapore.

teddybear
22-04-13, 12:29
Did you do research? Did they charge GST on basic necessities like foods, clothes, medication etc?

You are comparing apple to apple! Moron

Demark individual tax 59% and GST 25%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tax_rates

Most of the countries that have a Max individual tax of 50+% have GST in the 20-25%.

minority
22-04-13, 12:31
Did you do research? Did they charge GST on basic necessities like foods, clothes, medication etc?

You are comparing apple to apple! Moron

YES if u not so lazy go click on it. 6%! its not ZERO ok.

teddybear
22-04-13, 12:47
Next, you go to find out what is their high, mean and low salary and dermograpgic of the salary profile. Also, you go to find their definition and. Categories of each basis neccassitie.

Find out any exemption?

YES if u not so lazy go click on it. 6%! its not ZERO ok.

teddybear
22-04-13, 12:51
Very interested to know if they are riding on Singapore situation such as cheap labours n facilities etc. or they are creating many jobs for average Singaporean

Ask the minister how many jobs and the nature of the jobs that the new rich has created in Singapore.

thomastansb
22-04-13, 12:57
You lose your job? If not, what are you mumbling about?

I am employed, my whole family is, all my relatives are. Unemployment lowest in the world. That is all I need to know and in 2016, I know what I am going to do.

Very interested to know if they are riding on Singapore situation such as cheap labours n facilities etc. or they are creating many jobs for average Singaporean

thomastansb
22-04-13, 12:59
We need to ask the minister about our air quality also. How come we don't have swiss air and amazon waterfall? Pay them so much but yet don't have swiss air. :simmering: All we get is Indonesia haze.

minority
22-04-13, 13:03
We need to ask the minister about our air quality also. How come we don't have swiss air and amazon waterfall? Pay them so much but yet don't have swiss air. :simmering: All we get is Indonesia haze.

oh also so hot these few days. why? Minister need to solve it too!

eng81157
22-04-13, 13:06

eh, they can't even manage to enforce their latest smoking bans so no need to count on them to manage indons burning up their forests.

thomastansb
22-04-13, 13:11
Hahaha. Ya man. Everything blame ministers can liao.

oh also so hot these few days. why? Minister need to solve it too!

samuelk
22-04-13, 13:51

Just to let you in on a secret why the Ang moh and Indian like to work in SG then in HK.

They need to work harder in HK then in SG.

Its the people attitude in HK is as long as you come to HK, please show me how you can add value to the organisation and deliver the good.

Its pointless to say you are hardworking because then they will hire a Cow because a cow is considered the most hardworking.

Singaporean are more submissive and do not challenge the boss nor commit.

Where else those that come to Singapore are willing to commit on behalf of the local. And when things don't work out as plan, the locals get hit because of incompetence and the FT go and hire those that can do the job at a higher pay. Not evaluate where it went wrong because someone commit like a hero and the one that does the job dies like a fool.:doh:

heehee
22-04-13, 13:54
They can build houses in HK & sell to Singapore residents for them to live in Singapore? :eek:
Many businesses must be in Singapore to make money from Singapore residents. Eg they cite more grey hairs so need GST, but more grey hair means more grey hair business, can't move overseas one, tax these business more solve the problem Lor! :D

teddybear
22-04-13, 16:20
李敖说新加坡人很笨! You are really demonstrating what he said! :doh:

You lose your job? If not, what are you mumbling about?

I am employed, my whole family is, all my relatives are. Unemployment lowest in the world. That is all I need to know and in 2016, I know what I am going to do.

thomastansb
22-04-13, 16:41
Don't anyhow say. Later get sued for defamation.

李敖说新加坡人很笨! You are really demonstrating what he said! :doh:

sgbuyer
22-04-13, 18:17
Singaporean are more submissive and do not challenge the boss nor commit.

This is why the Singapore model is starting to show problems, because the culture is not thinking ahead. They can only make money from property and gambling and tax haven business.

teddybear
22-04-13, 19:44
You are irrelevant! You said so much about the rich come here to create jobs, asked them to show the the job figures created by these rich?

thomastansb
22-04-13, 21:03
All I know we have a very very low unemployment %. That is all I need to care about. Whether the poor or rich create jobs, I don't really care. Who cares whether the rich, foreigners, locals or whoever create the jobs as long as there are enough jobs.

Oppps, forgot you envy (or hate) the rich ones. I suppose you don't want to work for a rich person?

You are irrelevant! You said so much about the rich come here to create jobs, asked them to show the the job figures created by these rich?

teddybear
22-04-13, 21:44
I am trying to imitate Warren Buffett, telling the govt to tax us more but only on our income! Please stop taxing the innocent who has no income! You people got no empathy? Got the cheek to tax people who didn't earn any income? :doh:
I don't know what fairness they are talking about in trying to tax this & that not based on income. :banghead: you go coffee shop go listen, many people say they don't increase income tax is because they themselves will get tax more so, so CANNOT lah! Not I say one hor! :p
Even got some idiots say singapore follow other countries implement GST nothing wrong, but GST is so wrong because it doesn't basic necessities! :rolleyes:

All I know we have a very very low unemployment %. That is all I need to care about. Whether the poor or rich create jobs, I don't really care. Who cares whether the rich, foreigners, locals or whoever create the jobs as long as there are enough jobs.

Oppps, forgot you envy (or hate) the rich ones. I suppose you don't want to work for a rich person?

minority
22-04-13, 21:51
I am trying to imitate Warren Buffett, telling the govt to tax us more but only on our income! Please stop taxing the innocent who has no income! You people got no empathy? Got the cheek to tax people who didn't earn any income? :doh:
I don't know what fairness they are talking about in trying to tax this & that not based on income. :banghead: you go coffee shop go listen, many people say they don't increase income tax is because they themselves will get tax more so, so CANNOT lah! Not I say one hor! :p
Even got some idiots say singapore follow other countries implement GST nothing wrong, but GST is so wrong because it doesn't basic necessities! :rolleyes:

there is this thing call re-distribition. workfare. how u make it such that no income go buy things cheaper?

joke leh.. so next u complain Rich man go kopi tiam lim kopi! abuse the system.

minority
22-04-13, 21:52
wat a jealous simpleton.

teddybear
22-04-13, 22:12
I suggest to give workfare to all civil servants, including the ministers! Then we can pay them peanuts & still increase GST to tax them more! :tongue3:

By the way, our definition of peanuts is real peanuts, not their $600k peanuts ok!

there is this thing call re-distribition. workfare. how u make it such that no income go buy things cheaper?

thomastansb
22-04-13, 23:07
No need reply him liao. He start his 600k peanuts, how to talk sensibly? All bullshit now.

Poor need to pay a lot of GST, what a joke. This kind of people selfish one lah. They think for themselves only. They don't want to pay GST then act holy here. They don't care if the poor receive workfare or not or GST rebate. As long as they don't pay GST, they happy liao.

teddybear
22-04-13, 23:32
As usual, the big liar when their lies have been exposed, they start to make personal character attack & throw more untruthful assassinations! :doh:
forumers now can see what sort of big liar & low form creature with no character & moral value these people are despite of how high moral value that they blow their own trumpet about themselves!! :tsk-tsk:

No need reply him liao. He start his 600k peanuts, how to talk sensibly? All bullshit now.

Poor need to pay a lot of GST, what a joke. This kind of people selfish one lah. They think for themselves only. They don't want to pay GST then act holy here. They don't care if the poor receive workfare or not or GST rebate. As long as they don't pay GST, they happy liao.