Cityscape 10
Foresque 9
Icon @ Pasir Panjang 9

phantom_opera
15-04-13, 12:52
volume precedes price, kenobi wan n tharman cannot sleep liao

bargain hunter
15-04-13, 12:54
i doubt so. the volume is due to record units launched and at prices which are not shooting up.

Cupcakes
15-04-13, 13:09
so what will happen if sales volume @ 10k per month, and price remain stagnant?

bargain hunter
15-04-13, 13:23
ranked by % unsold and with 100 or more launched or unlaunched unsold units.

Kingsford. hillview peak 471
26 Newton 159
Fulcrum 113
Triliniq 649
Twin Peaks 393 (231 units are being applied to become service residences)
Leedon Resi 277
Sky Habitat 357
Hillion Resi 355
Bartley Ridge 501 (prob a lot lesser now)
The Scotts Tower 113
The Meyerise 113
Eight Riversuites 377
Skysuites @ Anson 156
La Fiesta 334
Urban Vista 234 (prob a lot lesser now)
V on Shenton 201
Eco Sanctuary 171
Concourse Skyline 120
1 Canberra (EC) 194
Q Bay 167
Interlace 255 (sales seem to be stalling again)
D'nest 213 (less than 200 left?)
D'leedon 400
Riversails 184
Topiary (EC) 107
ECO 112

bargain hunter
15-04-13, 13:25
how to hit 10k a month?

this month prob drop below 3000 liao.

star
15-04-13, 14:15
The day cm7 is removed it will hit 10k per month and price will jump minimum 10% for that month straight away. Too many people waiting on sideline. Haha.
All waiting for the day...

The longer they hold cm7 the higher the price and volume will jump.

pool100
15-04-13, 14:31
The day cm7 is removed it will hit 10k per month and price will jump minimum 10% for that month straight away. Too many people waiting on sideline. Haha.
All waiting for the day...

The longer they hold cm7 the higher the price and volume will jump.

Don't talk about removing CM7. If they don't come out with CM8, it's already very good. Looking at the numbers and khaw's latest comments about 'packed showrooms', I fear that they're talking about CM8 now. If the gahment wants the prices to come down, they will keep giving blows about blows until they get what they want.

Since when has the singapore gahment not gotten what they wanted?

star
15-04-13, 14:37
Don't talk about removing CM7. If they don't come out with CM8, it's already very good. Looking at the numbers and khaw's latest comments about 'packed showrooms', I fear that they're talking about CM8 now. If the gahment wants the prices to come down, they will keep giving blows about blows until they get what they want.

Haha u also waiting to buy lah.

gn108
15-04-13, 14:40
No CM8 until at least Sep 2013

Lemonlaw
15-04-13, 14:51
No CM8 until at least Sep 2013

how you know? insider news?

pool100
15-04-13, 14:56
Haha u also waiting to buy lah.

Lol, no I'm not waiting to buy. At least for the next 2-4 years. As Tharman has said, we're on the wrong side of the cycle. There's more downside risk to upside risk. Do you really foresee prices to continue going up esp with gahment determined to push prices down + huge supply coming up in the next 2 years?

I'm personally vested in other asset classes and I'm staying far away from resi market for investment.

When the next crash comes (like when we saw in 2009), there'll be lot of cherries to pick for upgrading. I think a lot of bros in this forum benefited and bought at depressed prices at that time too. History repeats itself. Those days will come again and patience is needed.

Cupcakes
15-04-13, 15:00
how to hit 10k a month?

this month prob drop below 3000 liao.
i meant to say, so what if volume is up and price remains the same. Will there still be any CM?

minority
15-04-13, 15:09
Lol, no I'm not waiting to buy. At least for the next 2-4 years. As Tharman has said, we're on the wrong side of the cycle. There's more downside risk to upside risk. Do you really foresee prices to continue going up esp with gahment determined to push prices down + huge supply coming up in the next 2 years?

I'm personally vested in other asset classes and I'm staying far away from resi market for investment.

When the next crash comes (like when we saw in 2009), there'll be lot of cherries to pick for upgrading. I think a lot of bros in this forum benefited and bought at depressed prices at that time too. History repeats itself. Those days will come again and patience is needed.

do take into consideration age only 1 cycle. up.

star
15-04-13, 15:10

Another crash dummy.

bargain hunter
15-04-13, 15:17
then no CM rite? nothing wrong with high vol and no price increase i guess. :)

i meant to say, so what if volume is up and price remains the same. Will there still be any CM?

sgbuyer
15-04-13, 16:07

They have a dateline - prices must drop at least 15% to 20% before mid-2014 otherwise they may not have enough time engineer a new boom by the end of 2015. Therefore, expect the blows to intensify until it happens.

lionhill
15-04-13, 16:33
They have a dateline - prices must drop at least 15% to 20% before mid-2014 otherwise they may not have enough time engineer a new boom by the end of 2015. Therefore, expect the blows to intensify until it happens.
If the scenario that you are describing is true, you should buy now so that you can meet your SSD in 2017 and sell high.

If you buy in mid 2014 and meet your SSD in mid 2018, you may sell low at that time as PAP will engineer another drop in preparation for the election in 2020.

danguard
15-04-13, 16:47
If the scenario that you are describing is true, you should buy now so that you can meet your SSD in 2017 and sell high.

If you buy in mid 2014 and meet your SSD in mid 2018, you may sell low at that time as PAP will engineer another drop in preparation for the election in 2020.

read my mind and what I was about to say also - engineer boom because of GE2016? Garment so satki can control this I will kowtow to them with my family votes all in tow :not-worthy:

indomie
15-04-13, 16:48
Wave of FT will arrive in 2015. Boom is guarantee, no need to engineer. All the gov need to do just announce all the major projects to begin. U will see sg will be transform into a major global city to rival New York, London and Tokyo. Its all planned.

Rysk
15-04-13, 16:50

Few year ago, Tharman talked BIG BIG like expert "the worst is yet to come.. blah blah blah.. told ppl to hold-on"
Thereafter price keep climbing.. and Tharman begged Kenobi to come out 'something' to try lower the pty price.. otherwise he has "no face" lor

Nowadays Tharman dare not give any more predictions about pty mkt :D

eng81157
15-04-13, 16:51
Wave of FT will arrive in 2015. Boom is guarantee, no need to engineer. All the gov need to do just announce all the major projects to begin. U will see sg will be transform into a major global city to rival New York, London and Tokyo. Its all planned.

and bird flu strikes? and lil' Kim strikes? and osama bin laden jr. strikes? and iran-threatens-to-blow-up-israel strikes?

the market can't be 'engineered' as easily as it is claimed.

Cupcakes
15-04-13, 16:57
and bird flu strikes? and lil' Kim strikes? and osama bin laden jr. strikes? and iran-threatens-to-blow-up-israel strikes?

All strike and All come to Sg and hide?

indomie
15-04-13, 17:00

There is a little suburb just outside Jakarta that went into transformation in just a blink of an eye. Yes, sg is that small to be compared to a suburb.

In the event of nuclear holocaust, when all the big animal died. The little Cockroaches survive. Be more confident we all in it together.

eng81157
15-04-13, 17:12
All strike and All come to Sg and hide?

when it happenes, market crashes. i hope history is still fresh in our memories.

eng81157
15-04-13, 17:14
There is a little suburb just outside Jakarta that went into transformation in just a blink of an eye. Yes, sg is that small to be compared to a suburb.

In the event of nuclear holocaust, when all the big animal died. The little Cockroaches survive. Be more confident we all in it together.

i hope you aren't insinuating that we are all little roaches. in any case, such events would likely precipitate a crash, in spite of whatever the govt has in plans.

to stimulate a boom, all MND needs is to remove CMs - sure huat till we reach Mars

pool100
15-04-13, 17:14
when it happenes, market crashes. i hope history is still fresh in our memories.

2009 is still fresh in my memories.

That time I wasn't experienced enough to store bullets for cherry picking. This time I'll try to make sure I have some in my reserve ammo dump.

eng81157
15-04-13, 17:19

That time I wasn't experienced enough to store bullets for cherry picking. This time I'll try to make sure I have some in my reserve ammo dump.

heh, but would you have bought in 2009? lots of my friends didn't dare to jump or were speculating prices would go further south till they realise they missed the boat

Lovelle
15-04-13, 17:23

u can still pick in 2010. it seems like more of a luck thing as Mark Lee says in his Sunday times interview

DKSG
15-04-13, 17:44

As you accumulate your ammos, prices are inching up.
Inflation is gobbling up your ammos.

Your $100K in 2009 is now worth less than $85K.
Your $200K can buy a $1mil condo in 2009, now your $200K is half gone just paying the ABSD when you buy a $1mil condo.

If this is your situation, does it make sense to wait ?

I am not being personal here, your situation is nearly the same as my Office people. They everyday ask me - then how now ?

So I am busy scouting around for good deals to help those closer to me.

Market still got good buys la! Just need to work harder to find something that is 10-15% below market value.

Good Luck holding the cash!

DKSG
PS : Office Boy also holding cash and seeing it deplete day by day as my Nasi Lemak from $2.50 sell until now $3.00.

pool100
15-04-13, 17:55
As you accumulate your ammos, prices are inching up.
Inflation is gobbling up your ammos.

Your $100K in 2009 is now worth less than $85K.
Your $200K can buy a $1mil condo in 2009, now your $200K is half gone just paying the ABSD when you buy a $1mil condo.

If this is your situation, does it make sense to wait ?

I am not being personal here, your situation is nearly the same as my Office people. They everyday ask me - then how now ?

So I am busy scouting around for good deals to help those closer to me.

Market still got good buys la! Just need to work harder to find something that is 10-15% below market value.

Good Luck holding the cash!

DKSG
PS : Office Boy also holding cash and seeing it deplete day by day as my Nasi Lemak from $2.50 sell until now $3.00.

I agree with you generally. I just don't agree that resi is the right asset class to go with now. I am vested in a few commercial/industrial properties and they're generating good positive cash flows. Much better in terms of cash on cash.

What I meant earlier was the need to have a reserve ammo dump. By that I mean about 20% liquid assets/cash. I'm hedged 80% in real estate now... just that it's zero in resi. If the resi prices come down, and I think they will, I might liquidate one industrial property to pick up a resi to upgrade.

star
15-04-13, 18:19
I agree with you generally. I just don't agree that resi is the right asset class to go with now. I am vested in a few commercial/industrial properties and they're generating good positive cash flows. Much better in terms of cash on cash.

What I meant earlier was the need to have a reserve ammo dump. By that I mean about 20% liquid assets/cash. I'm hedged 80% in real estate now... just that it's zero in resi. If the resi prices come down, and I think they will, I might liquidate one industrial property to pick up a resi to upgrade.
When crash really comes which will drop more commerical or residential? U wait for crush just to buy? Good luck to your commerical if crush really come. Residential may not even drop if cm is removed during crash. A guy that wait for crush to come but his money still in commerical. :doh:

mosaic
15-04-13, 18:28
What if government come out and say, all residential sales profit tax 50%? :D

DKSG
15-04-13, 18:32
When crash really comes which will drop more commerical or residential? U wait for crush just to buy? Good luck to your commerical if crush really come. Residential may not even drop if cm is removed during crash. A guy that wait for crush to come but his money still in commerical. :doh:

Dont like that attack people la!

Everyone got their own strategies.

80% vested is good enough for me even.

Office Boy is also about 70% vested.

Just make sure you are more than 50% vested lor! Then the vested money can work harder to help the unvested money.

DKSG

blackjack21trader
15-04-13, 18:56
Sigh...... chickens infront but look at the backside. ...sigh....

Sigh........

blackjack21trader
15-04-13, 18:58
ok la...drop u guys a little hint but i shall not elaborate.

what does all these sales figure tells you about the buyers?

majority must be first time home buyers or buyers with only one home.

Good Luck.

Laguna
15-04-13, 18:58
If you average February and March
The number is just right.
This shall be the way to see the number

focus
15-04-13, 19:23

I think in stock market..when volume is constant or huge but price is not moving, it means BB distribution to the retail players.. hehe..

bargain hunter
15-04-13, 19:28
so if average is around 2k a month then this year is about the same as last year.

i suspect we cannot keep up at 2k a month for the rest of the year.

teddybear
15-04-13, 19:47
Time for them to come out with "own HDB cannot own private, HDB cannot rent out!"! Long over-due! Without this CM, all other CM will be useless! Volume and price will continue to go up! :p

teddybear
15-04-13, 19:51
He instead tried all means, including implementing new MAS policies to rein in private property market (like ABSD, SSD, lower LTV etc etc). :doh:
However, the major cause of inflation in Singapore, i.e. because of commercial and retail and industry properties rentals being jacked up by REITs, he doesn't seem to be bothered at all to come out with financial/monetary CMs for them REITs? :banghead:
Like that how to convince singaporeans to vote for him in next election? :beats-me-man:

Few year ago, Tharman talked BIG BIG like expert "the worst is yet to come.. blah blah blah.. told ppl to hold-on"
Thereafter price keep climbing.. and Tharman begged Kenobi to come out 'something' to try lower the pty price.. otherwise he has "no face" lor

Nowadays Tharman dare not give any more predictions about pty mkt :D

teddybear
15-04-13, 19:53
Think Korean wars may break out, rich Koreans and Chinese living in North probably looking for a 2nd home in safe places overseas far away, like for example Singapore? :p

teddybear
15-04-13, 20:06
Think they should work on fixing the REITs and super inflated rental of commercials, retails, and industrial properties first, especially when these are caused by their own GLCs. Otherwise, voters will remember that they never do anything to rein in inflation caused by all these REITs! :p

What if government come out and say, all residential sales profit tax 50%? :D

indomie
15-04-13, 20:12
ok la...drop u guys a little hint but i shall not elaborate.

what does all these sales figure tells you about the buyers?

majority must be first time home buyers or buyers with only one home.

Good Luck.
In effect the gov is telling the first timers to buy now. I think many first timers feeling the pressure and urgency to buy now. Imagine if u are a first timer, wouldn't u feel the urgency too?

Cupcakes
15-04-13, 20:24
heh, but would you have bought in 2009? lots of my friends didn't dare to jump or were speculating prices would go further south till they realise they missed the boat
A few of my friends bought, 350k in katong & 450k in novena. now should be Around 1 mio. They cash out and purchase the 2nd last year.

TMATT
15-04-13, 20:50
You are Right!!!
These Rich people will come to the safest place in the World - Singapore :cheers1:

What is ABSD of $200K?? compare to buying insurance for 100% family safety?

Actually for those who think Singapore not safe, Singapore Market should crash (but they been waiting / renting for few years), and often think other country is better, why don't they just move to "that Country", talk bad so much about local here.

Of course, i do hope Govt don't just open door big big for all rich, please be selective, which this is the only country the Passport is something Money can't buy :cheers4:

Think Korean wars may break out, rich Koreans and Chinese living in North probably looking for a 2nd home in safe places overseas far away, like for example Singapore? :p

jwong71
15-04-13, 21:11
Time for them to come out with "own HDB cannot own private, HDB cannot rent out!"! Long over-due! Without this CM, all other CM will be useless! Volume and price will continue to go up! :p

you may get what you wish, with many eyes on thee forum learning to tame the property monster

DC33_2008
15-04-13, 21:20
kBW and Tharman must be checking on this group now. This is really the key culprit.

minority
15-04-13, 21:21

HDB cannot rent out then those retirees need pocket $ get from who ah?

DC33_2008
15-04-13, 21:24
They can still have rules for those who owns private properties cannot rent out totally. SLA has come out with a system that links hdb to private properties. Retires will not be affected.

flxcat
15-04-13, 21:28

Since HDB flats is planning to go back to basic, why not Rules also go back to basic, revisit some of the past sound rules and the answer can be found.:2cents:

jwong71
15-04-13, 21:34
govt have no obligation to those retirees, do they feel sense of obligation to donate their fat salary to charity.??

u think they bothered.??

sh
15-04-13, 21:43
Since HDB flats is planning to go back to basic, why not Rules also go back to basic, revisit some of the past sound rules and the answer can be found.:2cents:

If they implement this, it would not be for hdb flat owners who already own private property. It would be for future private property owners, otherwise the market will surely crash as all hdb owners will have to sell their private properties.

This will also end the current trend towards MMs and MM 3 bedrooms because HDB owners will not actually want to move into the MMs. MMs are the side effect of the CMs and current HDB policy... Blame who?

teddybear
15-04-13, 22:09
They never bother to check? So many of them didn't even fulfill their MOP already rented out whole units of HDB flats! (obviously many after MOP never reported about their rental of their HDB flats!...). :scared-3:

kBW and Tharman must be checking on this group now. This is really the key culprit.

teddybear
15-04-13, 22:10
Downgrade from 4rm flat of $400k to studio flat of $100k, pocket $300k cannot mah? Better than rent out room than get conned, killed, etc? :D

flxcat
15-04-13, 22:21
If they implement this, it would not be for hdb flat owners who already own private property. It would be for future private property owners, otherwise the market will surely crash as all hdb owners will have to sell their private properties.

This will also end the current trend towards MMs and MM 3 bedrooms because HDB owners will not actually want to move into the MMs. MMs are the side effect of the CMs and current HDB policy... Blame who?

My view should apply to all owners.

Owners bought PC as an investment unit and rent out while continue to stay in their HDB, they need not sell their PC, life goes on.

Otherwise, either they have to move back to HDB (of course after the end of existing tenancy) and rent out their PC, or continue to stay in PC and sell their HDB (of course this might have a pricing pressure on HDB resales).

If owners bought MM and know very well they are not going to stay in it due to the small unit size, then these owners are buying for investment, hence no concern.

No one to blame except oneself, as everyone is responsible for their own action.

I believe you do have your valid view points which I likely overlook, do share. Also Govt is likely to have their own constraints at this point in time, hence the policy of renting out whole HDB is staying put.

Cheers!

economist
15-04-13, 23:17
Speaking of policies, govt can implement some for the purpose of stablizing the market, but to go too far will be against the principle of free market, that will be detrimental to Singapore's foundation. In fact, ABSD for Singaporeans is already too far, it is already a wrong step; those rumored MSR restriction for private or or the increase of reserve requirement would be even a bigger mistake if implemented. If policies can be tweaked like that, what good is Singapore against countries under dictatorships?

minority
15-04-13, 23:25
Downgrade from 4rm flat of $400k to studio flat of $100k, pocket $300k cannot mah? Better than rent out room than get conned, killed, etc? :D
well not everyone want studio. Some want to leave legacy behind.

minority
15-04-13, 23:26
Speaking of policies, govt can implement some for the purpose of stablizing the market, but to go too far will be against the principle of free market, that will be detrimental to Singapore's foundation. In fact, ABSD for Singaporeans is already too far, it is already a wrong step; those rumored MSR restriction for private or or the increase of reserve requirement would be even a bigger mistake if implemented. If policies can be tweaked like that, what good is Singapore against countries under dictatorships?

People where got care. They only care near term what they want. Long term impact? Bo chap. Come then say mentality. So they will contuine to pressure government for near term wants.

minority
15-04-13, 23:32
govt have no obligation to those retirees, do they feel sense of obligation to donate their fat salary to charity.??

u think they bothered.??

Who say no? The assets appreciation was part for retirement use.

economist
15-04-13, 23:36
People where got care. They only care near term what they want. Long term impact? Bo chap. Come then say mentality. So they will contuine to pressure government for near term wants.

A wise government should resist the short-term calls, acknowledge the mistakes of building too few when immigrants flock in, and work hard on building more. Let the supply and demand work out their own balances.

It will otherwise be a controlled economy if policies can be tweaked so frequently, and some go against the principle of free market. And soon, Singapore will lose its appeal.

DKSG
15-04-13, 23:37
I wonder why so many people is so bend on getting rich (hoping for property crash so that they can buy) based on other people's woes ?

Because they MTB ? Why cant property price move up 1-2% per quarter and everyone makes money and be happy ?

Do reflect on your inner self. Money can make more and more, mental health cannot be bought.

Those who bought last year, last last year should all be making some money by now. Why cant some people accept that we live in a very fortunate country where government did try to make everyone rich and safe ?

Such a country deserve to have good property prices.

DKSG

kane
15-04-13, 23:54
I wonder why so many people is so bend on getting rich (hoping for property crash so that they can buy) based on other people's woes ?

Because they MTB ? Why cant property price move up 1-2% per quarter and everyone makes money and be happy ?

Do reflect on your inner self. Money can make more and more, mental health cannot be bought.

Those who bought last year, last last year should all be making some money by now. Why cant some people accept that we live in a very fortunate country where government did try to make everyone rich and safe ?

DKSG

it just bad karma to hope for bad things to happen to people and profit from it. when market crash and one loses his job, he can forget about catching any boat.

azeoprop
16-04-13, 00:07
From the URA chart, there are only 3 general areas left for 8xx psf normal sized condos liao.

Sembawang:
The Nautical

Hougang/Sengkang:
Riversound
Riversails

Flora drive:
Hedges park
Palm isles
Parc Olympia

:scared-3:

teddybear
16-04-13, 00:08
People have to be realistic what they can leave behind. If they can leave behind Good-class bungalows even better right? If they can't how, complain about govt never make GCBs cheap enough for them to buy? :doh:

well not everyone want studio. Some want to leave legacy behind.

jwong71
16-04-13, 00:22
Who say no? The assets appreciation was part for retirement use.
then pls write in to the govt, ask for hdb appreciate to 2million. 1 million too little for retirement.

pls update us if u gotta good news..

pool100
16-04-13, 01:11

I can only say one thing - GE2016. They will do whatever is needed to retain votes by the time 2016 is round the corner. At the end of the day, they need to stay in power and if raising the MSR is required, they'll do it. Our ST is already ranked 154th in terms of press freedom. I don't think they care that much.

teddybear
16-04-13, 08:07
Raising MSR to lose more votes is it? Raising MSR to make the current 90% property owners in Singapore less cash on their hand? :scared-1:

I can only say one thing - GE2016. They will do whatever is needed to retain votes by the time 2016 is round the corner. At the end of the day, they need to stay in power and if raising the MSR is required, they'll do it. Our ST is already ranked 154th in terms of press freedom. I don't think they care that much.

latour
16-04-13, 08:50

Exciting... what is ST? everybody are online these days, freedom of read!

latour
16-04-13, 08:54
The Flora Drive projects not many left? At the current price level and build, it looks like the best nest, gone are the days of birds dun lay egg.

From the URA chart, there are only 3 general areas left for 8xx psf normal sized condos liao.

Sembawang:
The Nautical

Hougang/Sengkang:
Riversound
Riversails

Flora drive:
Hedges park
Palm isles
Parc Olympia

:scared-3:

danguard
16-04-13, 09:13
it just bad karma to hope for bad things to happen to people and profit from it. when market crash and one loses his job, he can forget about catching any boat.

exactly ! thats why i will always not hope for crash also - destroy families such karma cannot get one sial ... slow incremental property increase through CMs is a lot more desirable and ensures greater certainty and predictability in the market

eng81157
16-04-13, 09:23

DKSG

i think there is only one guy, apart from the missing Mr B, calling for a crash and he intends to bunks in with his kids, parents, in-laws, relatives under one roof

eng81157
16-04-13, 09:27

whether they come to singapore isn't material, the immediate effect on the market is a crash. and if a crash is big enough to break support of equities, it may precipitate a chain of events that aren't uncontrollable.

speaking of terrorist acts, just look at DJ and S&P in the aftermath of the boston tragedy last night.

condolences to all the victims of bombing:stop_war:

DKSG
16-04-13, 12:56

Trust me. If property prices in 2016 is 15% below current prices, the government will be kicked out in NO TIME.

Gradual appreciation is what People of Singapore are looking for.

Imagine images of old folks kenna kick out of their houses with negative equity debts, young people who bought condo now jobless because kenna bankrupt by banks, and other images.

You want that to happen to Singapore ? Then I will help u submit a VISA to other countries, in these countries, you see a lot of such people around.

DKSG
PS : So as to achieve Happiness, Prosperity and Progress for our Nation.

Reisor
16-04-13, 13:09
My view should apply to all owners.

Owners bought PC as an investment unit and rent out while continue to stay in their HDB, they need not sell their PC, life goes on.

Otherwise, either they have to move back to HDB (of course after the end of existing tenancy) and rent out their PC, or continue to stay in PC and sell their HDB (of course this might have a pricing pressure on HDB resales).

What would be the impact here?
1. increased supply of resale HDB, currently only about 40k+ whole HDB unit rental.
2. likely to lower HDB resale prices or less COV
3. Reducing #HDB units for rental by SPR or FTs or even some SCs
4. interest in Pte Condo units increased due to outflow
5. Rental of PC will be hot and pick up again.
6. When rental is hot, new launch becomes hotter.

the cycle continues..... until black swan event.

So is the current situation solely due to concurrent HDB & Pte owners?
MM - 2k per month (1 or 2 person)
HDB (3 bedrooms) - also 2k per month (min 6 person)

HDB rental actually ease the rental price pressure in PCs else it would be worse. The current situation is as PM put it aptly due to gross undersupply and overwhelming demand and govt did not anticipate it fast enough. When supply catch up, the HDB rental policy should then be removed or tweak safely without upsetting the stabiity of the prop market. just my take after reading from all posts here.

eng81157
16-04-13, 13:48
1. increased supply of resale HDB, currently only about 40k+ whole HDB unit rental.

these are merely local factors concerning the supply side of equation. have to factor in demand side and macro factors too.

however, i believe the demand for resale flats should subside as time passes.

august
16-04-13, 13:54
Trust me. If property prices in 2016 is 15% below current prices, the government will be kicked out in NO TIME.

Imagine images of old folks kenna kick out of their houses with negative equity debts, young people who bought condo now jobless because kenna bankrupt by banks, and other images.

You want that to happen to Singapore ? Then I will help u submit a VISA to other countries, in these countries, you see a lot of such people around.

DKSG

If you believe in capitalism and the free market, then it must happen. Hard landing or soft landing is still a landing and some people will crash. :)

yaozong7
16-04-13, 14:14
Seems that many bros & sis are concerned abt implementing mortgage servicing ratios (MSR) on private properties. It only goes to show that many people are over-leveraged.

Looking at the Mar'13 new sales, CM 8 may well be abt implementing 30% MSR and higher reserves at banks, if sales continue to soar.

flxcat
16-04-13, 14:16

So is the current situation solely due to concurrent HDB & Pte owners?
MM - 2k per month (1 or 2 person)
HDB (3 bedrooms) - also 2k per month (min 6 person)

HDB rental actually ease the rental price pressure in PCs else it would be worse. The current situation is as PM put it aptly due to gross undersupply and overwhelming demand and govt did not anticipate it fast enough. When supply catch up, the HDB rental policy should then be removed or tweak safely without upsetting the stabiity of the prop market. just my take after reading from all posts here.

Reisor,
That is why I also believe govt is having some constraints at this point in time, where the whole unit HDB rental policy is staying put, and when the huge supply comes next couple of years, I suspect there will be policy tweaking when time is right. Cheers!

lionhill
16-04-13, 15:10
Reisor,
That is why I also believe govt is having some constraints at this point in time, where the whole unit HDB rental policy is staying put, and when the huge supply comes next couple of years, I suspect there will be policy tweaking when time is right. Cheers!
IF there is really a oversupply of HDB or PCs, as in end of 1990s, the property price will surely drop.

But, will there be an oversupply of HDB in the next five years or even further?

I only know that they are 40k+ (owned by individual families) + 40k+ (owned by HDB) =80k+ HDBs are for rental right now. Does anyone know how many new HDBs will flow into the market in the next five years? among them, how many are in non-mature areas, and how many are in mature areas?

My hunch is that 50% of the PCs are now rented. How would the new PCs affect the supply and demand? will the demand expand accordingly?

heehee
16-04-13, 15:21
There is no free market in sg, so don't worry, no crash for sure else they become opposition ?

If you believe in capitalism and the free market, then it must happen. Hard landing or soft landing is still a landing and some people will crash. :)

august
16-04-13, 15:55
There is no free market in sg, so don't worry, no crash for sure else they become opposition ?
hehee, u cannot say that. Wait some people will insist u are just complaining or noise maker. :o

danguard
16-04-13, 16:09
i would not say its not a free market la - but a heavily regulated one with substantial scope for free market interplay in the private property market. The CMs (and the very number in short period of time) is testament to the active managing of the private property market on top of the open confession that the public housing segment is actively being managed to cater to housing needs of local populace

Reisor
16-04-13, 16:27
IF there is really a oversupply of HDB or PCs, as in end of 1990s, the property price will surely drop.

But, will there be an oversupply of HDB in the next five years or even further?

I only know that they are 40k+ (owned by individual families) + 40k+ (owned by HDB) =80k+ HDBs are for rental right now. Does anyone know how many new HDBs will flow into the market in the next five years? among them, how many are in non-mature areas, and how many are in mature areas?

My hunch is that 50% of the PCs are now rented. How would the new PCs affect the supply and demand? will the demand expand accordingly?

The policy is going to stall HDB rental for those 5 yr MOP from now onwards. If SC buy pte PC then must pay ABSD 7%. If keep HDB for rental, will take 3 years to cover back ABSD paid for $1M property. Is it still worthwhile & what is the upside for public housing beyond 2013?
In this way, HDB ensure that the unit will not be the golden goose any longer & increase supply of resale. The older folks can still rent out rooms for cash flow or whole unit to stay with children. Policy will not affect them.

pool100
16-04-13, 23:20

DKSG

I never said I wanted to crash the market. It was Tharman and Khaw themselves who said that the 'current prices are not at an acceptable level' yet. I base a lot of my analysis on the mouthpieces of the gahment - simply because they control the markets by regulating it. What do you think they meant when they made those comments weeks ago? It sounded like they mean business this time.

It's not to my advantage to have depressed real estate conditions too simply because I'm 80% vested as well - though not in resi sector. I too want the real estate to blast through the roof (if I want to be selfish) but I think we have to be rational and consider what's going to happen in the near future based on supply numbers and gahment policies coming out.

This is an open forum and I think we can all share rational viewpoints from different individuals here. I might be wrong in my calls, so might the rest. The key is to share rationally and it's up to each of us to piece the puzzle together and make our own analysis.

DKSG
16-04-13, 23:44
Our government and people will all be trying very hard to ensure that our country continue to prosper.

And with that property prices should continue to inch up.

But I agree that any extra heat should be taken out of the market at times.

DKSG

lajia
17-04-13, 10:25
our garmen also has limitation as our economy is too open. having said that, the liquidity, the population growth and the low interest rate environment will be the key drivers. Although i feel that there are hurdles on the upside, i also think that downside is limited as well.

sounds like anal ist right...hahaha...

one thing for sure, whether the property price will drive how far up i dunno, but i know, our money will definitely be smaller in 2016 and beyond compared to now.
therefore, u should already know the answer.....barring any unforeseen circumstances in the global scene. :p

like it or not, most singaporeans are asset rich, but not cash rich. and the garmen know this, our cpf, banks, ppl pockets are all much linked to the property. u think the garmen want the price to come down? As much as they like, they would not. now they are just trying to fulfill those cry father cry mother ones who say hdb, ec price is very high. but once they have bought it, dont u think they are on the other side of the fense now shouting for price to go up??!!

as long as this group of ppl are satisfied, and as long as our banks are prudents in the borrowings to avoid any hard impact when bad times comes, i think they would want to close one eye.

Look at who is buying now. The young ones...the first timers...these are futures of our nations! If they die, we will also die...:2cents: :o

Our government and people will all be trying very hard to ensure that our country continue to prosper.

And with that property prices should continue to inch up.

But I agree that any extra heat should be taken out of the market at times.

DKSG

eng81157
17-04-13, 10:45
to be fair, most developed countries (with responsible governments) do not practice laissez-faire when it comes to the local property market. Singapore does not differ much in terms of principles.

there is a balance between catering to local populace needs and invitation of investment dollars.

CondoWE
17-04-13, 11:11
like it or not, most singaporeans are asset rich, but not cash rich. and the garmen know this, our cpf, banks, ppl pockets are all much linked to the property. u think the garmen want the price to come down? As much as they like, they would not. now they are just trying to fulfill those cry father cry mother ones who say hdb, ec price is very high.but once they have bought it, dont u think they are on the other side of the fense now shouting for price to go up??!!

Yowetan is belong to this group of people but instead of HDB, he is eyeing mt.sinai..! Once he got it , i m sure he will want the price to double or more fold up....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: !

eng81157
17-04-13, 11:13
Yowetan is belong to this group of people but instead of HDB, he is eyeing mt.sinai..! Once he got it , i m sure he will want the price to double or more fold up....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: !

he isn't eyeing mt sinai anymore, kenna rejected by the bank he works for.
it is flamingo valley.

CondoWE
17-04-13, 11:17
he isn't eyeing mt sinai anymore, kenna rejected by the bank he works for.
it is flamingo valley.

No..:tsk-tsk: he gave up FV because 90% loan was rejected by his bank not Mt Sinai la :rolleyes: !

eng81157
17-04-13, 11:20
No..:tsk-tsk: he gave up FV because 90% loan was rejected by his bank not Mt Sinai la :rolleyes: !

oh! if he can't qualify for FV, there's no way he can qualify for Trizon Mt Sinai. unless he intends to get a 2BR to squeeze in his kids, in-laws, parents, siblings and dogs :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

CondoWE
17-04-13, 11:45
oh! if he can't qualify for FV, there's no way he can qualify for Trizon Mt Sinai. unless he intends to get a 2BR to squeeze in his kids, in-laws, parents, siblings and dogs :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5: :scared-5:

He has bigger appetite, not condo but freehold landed so property crash is the only hope that can fulfill his dream....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: !

mygeemeel
17-04-13, 12:50
He has bigger appetite, not condo but freehold landed so property crash is the only hope that can fulfill his dream....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: !

If property crash, no banks will lend him money. Moreover banks would be retrenching, he would be out of job, lagi impossible to grant him loan.

smartboy2
19-04-13, 19:03
The Flora Drive projects not many left? At the current price level and build, it looks like the best nest, gone are the days of birds dun lay egg.

left about 5 units. lol!