PDA

View Full Version : Erm........Singapore PM draws laughs in US speech

eng81157
04-04-13, 13:22
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/04/03/3320707/singapore-pm-draws-laughs-in-us.html

economist
04-04-13, 16:02
Some jokes are not appropriate. That said, when I watch Lee talking to Obama, I can't help thinking who can take his position in the future without shaming Singapore? Lee is still the best in the current cabinet, in the way he talks, his appearance, and so on. But who can have the calibre to take over him in the future? Not some one with strong Singaporean accent or some one who simply does not have a leader look, right?

florence
04-04-13, 16:16
Next successor who can fit the bill should probably be someone who can joke in the likes of "Mee Siam mai hum" la... :p

economist
04-04-13, 16:38
That can win some Singaporeans' heart, but will put a dent on the nation's image outside Singapore...

Next successor who can fit the bill should probably be someone who can joke in the likes of "Mee Siam mai hum" la... :p

eng81157
04-04-13, 16:57
That can win some Singaporeans' heart, but will put a dent on the nation's image outside Singapore...

obama will likely go "what's see hum"?

thomastansb
04-04-13, 16:57
There is no one that can take over him at the present moment. :beats-me-man:

Sian, no successor plan...

Some jokes are not appropriate. That said, when I watch Lee talking to Obama, I can't help thinking who can take his position in the future without shaming Singapore? Lee is still the best in the current cabinet, in the way he talks, his appearance, and so on. But who can have the calibre to take over him in the future? Not some one with strong Singaporean accent or some one who simply does not have a leader look, right?

eng81157
04-04-13, 17:09
got lah......tharman is a likely candidate for succession. but beyond him, nada. if ever generalissmo keechiu becomes pm, i know my country is screwed

economist
04-04-13, 17:54
Agree on Tharman, but he is only 5 years younger than Lee.

The next one could probably be Tan Chuan Jin, he could be one of the very few who can speak PROPER English and have a proper leader look, i mean, after 10 years.

got lah......tharman is a likely candidate for succession. but beyond him, nada. if ever generalissmo keechiu becomes pm, i know my country is screwed