PDA

View Full Version : JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Ringo33
26-07-13, 06:32
Does not matter

Next up are the West Gate and Big Box

will be looking forward to Lakeside Village though :ashamed1:

Lakeside Village will not happen in the next 7 years at least at Science Center is not moving out anytime soon.

oops
26-07-13, 13:07
ABOUT 90 per cent of the units at the Marina Bay Suites condominium have been sold.The project, which received its Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) last month, has offloaded 198 apartments in the 221-unit complex, which is next to The Sail @ Marina Bay.Prices have averaged $2,700 per sq ft (psf), said Mr Thomas Tan, head of residential marketing at Raffles Quay Asset Management, the 99-year leasehold project's manager.He added that half of the buyers were Singaporeans, with Indonesians, Malaysians and mainland Chinese prominent among the other owners.Marina Bay Suites has yet to be officially launched but units have been sold at private previews that have been held in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia since 2009.The project has 108 three-bedders - all have been sold - 110 four-bedroom units and three penthouses, one of which went last October for $19.3 million.The 23 unsold units - 21 four-bedders and two penthouses - are above the 48th floor."We are confident they will be sold out by the end of the year," said Mr Tan.The three-bedroom units range from 1,572 to 1,625 sq ft, while the four-bedders are 2,045 sq ft to 2,691 sq ft in size.Mr Tan noted that units at Marina Bay Residences, which is also managed by Raffles Quay Asset Management, were bought for $2,000 psf in 2006 and are now selling at $3,000 psf.Marina Bay Suites was developed by a consortium controlled by Keppel Land, Cheung Kong Holdings and Hongkong Land Holdings.

Ringo33
26-07-13, 23:54
more caveats

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5862/jn6c.jpg

oops
27-07-13, 07:49
Mass-market price growth more than doubled to 3.8%

Demand feared to wane.According to PropNex, with affordability being a key consideration especially after the imposition of the additional measures in January, homebuyers continued to be drawn to the relatively more affordable mass-market homes in the Outer Central Region (OCR).*In 2Q 2013, price increase in the OCR contributed to the lion’s share of price increase as the private property price index increased to 215.1, or up 3.8% from Q-o-Q in 1Q 2013. Overall, market sentiments remained relatively upbeat despite initial chills brought on by the successive rounds of market cooling measures.Here's more from PropNex:However, on a yearly basis, private residential property prices continued to exhibit an upward trajectory.In 2Q13, price growth concentrated in the mass-market segment. Mass-market (OCR) price growth more than doubled to 3.8% Q-on-Q (from 1.4% in the previous quarter), while growth in the high-end segment bore the brunt of the impact of the successive round of cooling measures as it slipped 0.2% (from +0.6%).Prices in the mid-tier segment (RCR) remain unchanged Q-o-Q (similar to +0.2% in 1Q13).*- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/mass-market-price-growth-more-doubled-38#sthash.gpHJ1obD.dpuf

Regulators
27-07-13, 11:25
Prices so affordable in ocr that a 474sqft unit hv to sell between $7xxk to $800k. :doh:

Mass-market price growth more than doubled to 3.8%

Demand feared to wane.According to PropNex, with affordability being a key consideration especially after the imposition of the additional measures in January, homebuyers continued to be drawn to the relatively more affordable mass-market homes in the Outer Central Region (OCR).*In 2Q 2013, price increase in the OCR contributed to the lion’s share of price increase as the private property price index increased to 215.1, or up 3.8% from Q-o-Q in 1Q 2013. Overall, market sentiments remained relatively upbeat despite initial chills brought on by the successive rounds of market cooling measures.Here's more from PropNex:However, on a yearly basis, private residential property prices continued to exhibit an upward trajectory.In 2Q13, price growth concentrated in the mass-market segment. Mass-market (OCR) price growth more than doubled to 3.8% Q-on-Q (from 1.4% in the previous quarter), while growth in the high-end segment bore the brunt of the impact of the successive round of cooling measures as it slipped 0.2% (from +0.6%).Prices in the mid-tier segment (RCR) remain unchanged Q-o-Q (similar to +0.2% in 1Q13).*- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/mass-market-price-growth-more-doubled-38#sthash.gpHJ1obD.dpuf

Regulators
27-07-13, 23:49
Cracks start to show in private rental sector

27 July 2013, The Straits TimesTHE good times may be coming to an end in the private rental market with oversupply and tighter immigration policies taking a toll, say analysts.New figures from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday show that while the sector is still robust, cracks are beginning to appear.Rents grew at 0.3 per cent in the second quarter of this year from the preceding three months – this was the 15th consecutive quarter of increase but well down from the 0.8 per cent quarter-on- quarter rise recorded in the first three months of the year.Analysts said the declining pace of rental rises will continue this year and may stagnate, and rentals may even drop.They pointed to one key factor – a reduced pool of potential tenants as the Government reduces the inflow of foreign labour.“With looming supply as the vacancy rate creeps up, coupled with curbs on foreign worker employment and their accommodation allowance, overall private housing rents could see further moderation,” said Knight Frank Singapore’s research head Alice Tan.The vacancy rate for completed private homes climbed from 5.2 per cent as at March 31 to 5.6 per cent as at June 30, the URA said yesterday.This is because supply has outstripped demand.On one hand, the stock of completed private homes grew by 2,704 units in the second quarter, representing a 22.7 per cent increase in net new supply from the preceding quarter.But the net new take-up figure plunged 44.8 per cent to 1,403 units in the same period.CBRE Research associate director Desmond Sim noted: “The vacancy numbers are to be closely watched. If the vacancy rate increases significantly, there may be a risk of oversupply.”There were 5,834 units built in the first six months of this year with a further 11,998 expected to be completed in the second half – a total of 17,832, the URA said.An estimated 66,329 private units and 10,790 executive condominium units will be completed over the next three years.R’ST Research director Ong Kah Seng said rents have already increased “considerably” over last year, and have now reached levels where they meet resistance from tenants.This applies especially to homes in the city fringe and suburban regions where rents touched record highs near the end of last year, he added.City-fringe rents eked out a meagre 0.1 per cent increase in the second quarter from the preceding three months, continuing the same pace of growth as in the first quarter. They rose 2.7 per cent last year from 2011.Incidentally, a city fringe district – Outram – had the highest median rental yield islandwide at around 4.6 per cent in the first half of this year, according to a report by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange earlier this month. Projects in this area include Dorsett Residences and Emerald Garden.Suburban private home rents grew 4.1 per cent year-on-year last year.They remained flat in the second quarter from the preceding three months after climbing 0.8 per cent in January through March from the final quarter of last year.Rents for city-centre homes increased 0.8 per cent in the first quarter but were up just 0.5 per cent in the second three-month period. They grew 1.6 per cent over last year.Analysts said city-centre rents could continue to fall as tenants seek cheaper rents due to reductions in their housing allowances.

lajia
28-07-13, 08:35

yes, it will start to show especially in those ulu locations...like your BB unit. u should posted this thread somewhere more relevant...:) :2cents:

Regulators
28-07-13, 11:21
Purchase price $7xxk with rental income $3500/month not good enough hor, maybe my next renewal should increase to $4k. :D

yes, it will start to show especially in those ulu locations...like your BB unit. u should posted this thread somewhere more relevant...:) :2cents:

lajia
28-07-13, 11:33
Again this is irrelevant here...if u like to show off your wealth and luck, maybe can create another thread...there is no need to spit on others purchase even if u dont like in my opinion. U make your pt heard once and I think it's good enough.

Purchase price $7xxk with rental income $3500/month not good enough hor, maybe my next renewal should increase to $4k. :D

Regulators
28-07-13, 12:12
You forget things easily hor you were the one that brought up BB first, not me :D
Again this is irrelevant here...if u like to show off your wealth and luck, maybe can create another thread...there is no need to spit on others purchase even if u dont like in my opinion. U make your pt heard once and I think it's good enough.

lajia
28-07-13, 13:30
i am refering to this post....:doh:

27 July 2013, The Straits TimesTHE good times may be coming to an end in the private rental market with oversupply and tighter immigration policies taking a toll, say analysts.New figures from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday show that while the sector is still robust, cracks are beginning to appear.Rents grew at 0.3 per cent in the second quarter of this year from the preceding three months – this was the 15th consecutive quarter of increase but well down from the 0.8 per cent quarter-on- quarter rise recorded in the first three months of the year.Analysts said the declining pace of rental rises will continue this year and may stagnate, and rentals may even drop.They pointed to one key factor – a reduced pool of potential tenants as the Government reduces the inflow of foreign labour.“With looming supply as the vacancy rate creeps up, coupled with curbs on foreign worker employment and their accommodation allowance, overall private housing rents could see further moderation,” said Knight Frank Singapore’s research head Alice Tan.The vacancy rate for completed private homes climbed from 5.2 per cent as at March 31 to 5.6 per cent as at June 30, the URA said yesterday.This is because supply has outstripped demand.On one hand, the stock of completed private homes grew by 2,704 units in the second quarter, representing a 22.7 per cent increase in net new supply from the preceding quarter.But the net new take-up figure plunged 44.8 per cent to 1,403 units in the same period.CBRE Research associate director Desmond Sim noted: “The vacancy numbers are to be closely watched. If the vacancy rate increases significantly, there may be a risk of oversupply.”There were 5,834 units built in the first six months of this year with a further 11,998 expected to be completed in the second half – a total of 17,832, the URA said.An estimated 66,329 private units and 10,790 executive condominium units will be completed over the next three years.R’ST Research director Ong Kah Seng said rents have already increased “considerably” over last year, and have now reached levels where they meet resistance from tenants.This applies especially to homes in the city fringe and suburban regions where rents touched record highs near the end of last year, he added.City-fringe rents eked out a meagre 0.1 per cent increase in the second quarter from the preceding three months, continuing the same pace of growth as in the first quarter. They rose 2.7 per cent last year from 2011.Incidentally, a city fringe district – Outram – had the highest median rental yield islandwide at around 4.6 per cent in the first half of this year, according to a report by the Singapore Real Estate Exchange earlier this month. Projects in this area include Dorsett Residences and Emerald Garden.Suburban private home rents grew 4.1 per cent year-on-year last year.They remained flat in the second quarter from the preceding three months after climbing 0.8 per cent in January through March from the final quarter of last year.Rents for city-centre homes increased 0.8 per cent in the first quarter but were up just 0.5 per cent in the second three-month period. They grew 1.6 per cent over last year.Analysts said city-centre rents could continue to fall as tenants seek cheaper rents due to reductions in their housing allowances.

Regulators
28-07-13, 14:24
Weakening rental is across the whole island, not relevant? J gateway facing lousy rental yield not relevant? So u expect rental to weaken in all parts of sg except jurong? I feel like I am talking to a kid here :doh:

i am refering to this post....:doh:

lajia
28-07-13, 15:19
hahaha, u can predict rental 3 yrs down the road that u judge Jgateway will have lousy yield? why dont u pick Hilsta or Seahill thread and see if your statement can also apply there?? irrelevant as in why u purposely post under the Jgateway thread... start a new thread la...:)

Weakening rental is across the whole island, not relevant? J gateway facing lousy rental yield not relevant? So u expect rental to weaken in all parts of sg except jurong? I feel like I am talking to a kid here :doh:

Regulators
28-07-13, 19:51
Huh, did I hear wrongly? Just because I don't post the article in other threads makes it irrelevant? :doh:

hahaha, u can predict rental 3 yrs down the road that u judge Jgateway will have lousy yield? why dont u pick Hilsta or Seahill thread and see if your statement can also apply there?? irrelevant as in why u purposely post under the Jgateway thread... start a new thread la...:)

lajia
28-07-13, 22:06
you didn't see wrongly....why didnt you apply on hilsta or seahill? Is it also applicable there? answer this...

u another Mr B...twist and turn. let me put words straight into your mouth...

>>just because I don't post the article in other threads makes it irrelevant<< rephase this, just because you purposely put it IN THIS THREAD while you cannot predict what is the rental yield 3 years down the road that make it irrelevant...ii said, start a new thread better, s it clearer now or u going to twist again and rephase my words? its ok, i have make myself clear. :)

Huh, did I hear wrongly? Just because I don't post the article in other threads makes it irrelevant? :doh:

DKSG
28-07-13, 22:16

Actually, the get a feel of rental yields, just take the current rental in Jurong PCs and divide by the price people pay for this Jurong PC, then you will know lor.

I dont think the yield at current rental is decent.

Rental market is always in equilibrium one, because a tenant who wants to or dont mind stay in Jurong because of cheaper rental will check out most of the PCs in Jurong and pick the best value (ie cheapest). New PC in Jurong maybe can get $200-$300 more but nothing more. Because the tenant profile in Jurong is very price sensitive one.

DKSG

SNRL
28-07-13, 22:58
Some ppl out there think tat he's so smart can predict what's going to happen in the future just like 3 yrs ago how he predicted Centris hahaha!!!!

Regulators
28-07-13, 23:03
I think instead of getting all worked up, u should thank me for sharing this useful piece of info. Btw I think you got it wrong again coz it is the experts that predict n forecast not me, so u may want to channel ur negative energy to the person who wrote the article. :D

you didn't see wrongly....why didnt you apply on hilsta or seahill? Is it also applicable there? answer this...

u another Mr B...twist and turn. let me put words straight into your mouth...

>>just because I don't post the article in other threads makes it irrelevant<< rephase this, just because you purposely put it IN THIS THREAD while you cannot predict what is the rental yield 3 years down the road that make it irrelevant...ii said, start a new thread better, s it clearer now or u going to twist again and rephase my words? its ok, i have make myself clear. :)

3centsworth
28-07-13, 23:08
As I headed to JEM for lunch today, I saw some cranes in the J gateway's piece of land. Could it be the developer is starting the piling soon ?

Everything around the Jurong Gateway is in a "building" mode - Westgate, Big Box, JCH, NTFH, new road J Gateway drive and very soon, J Gateway Condo.

I am sure J Gateway buyers will be looking forward to the project development and all the surrounding amenities coming up.

lajia
28-07-13, 23:15
there is nothing wrong with the article, just sharing info is fine but must see whats your intention.
I think instead of getting all worked up, u should thank me for sharing this useful piece of info. Btw I think you got it wrong again coz it is the experts that predict n forecast not me, so u may want to channel ur negative energy to the person who wrote the article. :D

Ringo33
28-07-13, 23:16
Actually, the get a feel of rental yields, just take the current rental in Jurong PCs and divide by the price people pay for this Jurong PC, then you will know lor.

Rental market is always in equilibrium one, because a tenant who wants to or dont mind stay in Jurong because of cheaper rental will check out most of the PCs in Jurong and pick the best value (ie cheapest). New PC in Jurong maybe can get $200-$300 more but nothing more. Because the tenant profile in Jurong is very price sensitive one.

DKSG

Current rent of Jurong PC? Which PC? any PC?

Divided by this PC? Which PC? TOP or BUC?

Is $5.1K for a 3 bedder condo in Jurong consider as good or bad?

Ringo33
28-07-13, 23:17
As I headed to JEM for lunch today, I saw some cranes in the J gateway's piece of land. Could it be the developer is starting the piling soon ?

Everything around the Jurong Gateway is in a "building" mode - Westgate, Big Box, JCH, NTFH, new road J Gateway drive and very soon, J Gateway Condo.

I am sure J Gateway buyers will be looking forward to the project development and all the surrounding amenities coming up.

For the next 10 years, JLD is definitely the place you want to plant your seed. Like in any new development, the early bird will get the worms.

SNRL
28-07-13, 23:20
there is nothing wrong with the article, just sharing info is fine but must see whats your intention.

Totally agree with what u said

Regulators
28-07-13, 23:25
What, u mean ill intention? How can rental falling all over the island be good for anyone? Don't forget, I m vested in the west as well. Of course who will take the hardest hit is yet to be seen.

3centsworth
28-07-13, 23:43
For the next 10 years, JLD is definitely the place you want to plant your seed. Like in any new development, the early bird will get the worms.

Like your analogy that of planting a seed for the ground looks fertile enough.

Wish you the best.

Regulators
28-07-13, 23:48
Older condos in the west bought at $5xx-6xxpsf will continue to see decent yields, but those bought at $1400-17xxpsf will be facing challenging times ahead. If tenants can rent an older proper 3 bedroom condo that is 1200sqft for $3000 or slightly more, why would they want to squeeze their family into a 474sqft one bedroom unit for $3k a month n cook by the doorway? Tenants in places like jurong are price sensitive, especially the Indians n prc. Most wouldn't mind paying higher if they can squeeze more than 5 people in a unit, but mist landlords would shun such tenants unless they do not mind their units getting raped.

DKSG

Ringo33
28-07-13, 23:53
Older condos in the west bought at $5xx-6xxpsf will continue to see decent yields, but those bought at $1400-17xxpsf will be facing challenging times ahead. If tenants can rent an older proper 3 bedroom condo that is 1200sqft for $3000 or slightly more, why would they want to squeeze their family into a 474sqft one bedroom unit for $3k a month n cook by the doorway? Tenants in places like jurong are price sensitive, especially the Indians n prc.

please continue to make prediction so that the next generation of forummers can have a bid of laugh.

Regulators
28-07-13, 23:59
Hv u read the article on falling rental n oversupply in the next three years? Brace yourself for under 4% gross yield :D
please continue to make prediction so that the next generation of forummers can have a bid of laugh.

Ringo33
29-07-13, 00:05
Hv u read the article on falling rental n oversupply in the next three years? Brace yourself for under 4% gross yield :D

Thats why you need to invest in hot spots like JLD rather than putting money in dead spot like MK88, or Waterford Residence.

With 10,000s confirmed jobs moving into JLD over the next 1 to 2 years, there is no need to worry about rental demand in Dist 22.

Furthermore, in Dist 22, i think there is only 1 project that is going to TOP in the next 2 years. with limited supply and incremental demand it will be good news for investors.

Regulators
29-07-13, 00:12
I never said anything about jurong rental demand being poor, i said it will be challenging for ppl who bought at a high to hv decent yields 3 years later in the light of the article. Again if u not happy with the article, take it out on the expert who wrote it.
Thats why you need to invest in hot spots like JLD rather than putting money in dead spot like MK88, or Waterford Residence.

With 10,000s confirmed jobs moving into JLD over the next 1 to 2 years, there is no need to worry about rental demand in Dist 22.

Furthermore, in Dist 22, i think there is only 1 project that is going to TOP in the next 2 years. with limited supply and incremental demand it will be good news for investors.

Ringo33
29-07-13, 00:26
I never said anything about jurong rental demand being poor, i said it will be challenging for ppl who bought at a high to hv decent yields 3 years later in the light of the article. Again if u not happy with the article, take it out on the expert who wrote it.

that article will be irrelevant in 3 years time.

teddybear
29-07-13, 00:28
10,000s confirmed jobs moving into JLD paying how much huh?
To pay $3k per month rental at 35% DSR means that they need to be earning a basic salary of $9k per month! How many of that 10,000s jobs will pay >$9k per month? I think the answer is very obvious isn't it? Those nurses you are talking about I doubt they can even get >$4k per month! :rolleyes:

Ringo33
29-07-13, 00:39
To pay $3k per month rental at 35% DSR means that they need to be earning a basic salary of $9k per month! How many of that 10,000s jobs will pay >$9k per month? I think the answer is very obvious isn't it? Those nurses you are talking about I doubt they can even get >$4k per month! :rolleyes:

Hey old man.

1) Have you heard of the term call working couples?, that means, 2 adults earning $4.5k per month will meet your $9k target

2) Since when did government impose limit to how much one could spend on rental? What 35% DSR are you talking about here?

3) Stop fantasizing on nurses, people working in hospital are call healthcare workers. Property around hospital are always in great demand because there is always demand from healthcare workers who need to attend to emergency or shift work at hospital.

And beside NTFGH and JCH, there are still plenty of high profile jobs moving into JLD in 2014, and this include the cities jobs at Capitaland office, MND office, BCA office and AVA office.

And this are ALL NEW and ADDITIONAL jobs CONFIRMED moving into Jurong Gateway

SNRL
29-07-13, 11:19
Anyone know whether the bus interchange will be underground? I wonder how are they going to build as there are so many MRT track pillars in btw....

sunrise
29-07-13, 15:34
Anyone know whether the bus interchange will be underground? I wonder how are they going to build as there are so many MRT track pillars in btw....
For this you better ask ringo, he knows every damn thing about jld up to 3 decades.

SNRL
29-07-13, 16:35
For this you better ask ringo, he knows every damn thing about jld up to 3 decades.

If Ringo knows the answer he will comment. Pls stop being so sarcastic :tongue3:

sunrise
29-07-13, 16:51
If Ringo knows the answer he will comment. Pls stop being so sarcastic :tongue3:i am refering you to the best person to answer your question.:tongue3:

Allthepies
29-07-13, 16:53

Senior nurses earn 5 figures per month... another of ur look down on people/profession comment

Regulators
29-07-13, 17:11
Senior nurses are paid between $46-62k a year, how did u get ur five figure a month? Any evidence or just NATO :doh:

http://www.payscale.com/research/SG/Job=Senior_Charge_Nurse_(RN)/Salary

Senior nurses earn 5 figures per month... another of ur look down on people/profession comment

RCT
29-07-13, 18:16
I think he means those cosplay senior nurse provided personal whole body health wellness

Ringo33
29-07-13, 18:43
luckily Westerners doesnt need to pay $6 dollar ERP. Now thats what I can extreme congestion.

dare2
29-07-13, 20:22
IN USA perhaps..nurses are paid much better...

Allthepies
29-07-13, 20:29
Senior nurses are paid between $46-62k a year, how did u get ur five figure a month? Any evidence or just NATO :doh:

http://www.payscale.com/research/SG/Job=Senior_Charge_Nurse_(RN)/Salary

Great at least u prove teddy bear is wrong.. senior nurses earn greater than 4k... go check out staff nurse pay scale...

k00L
29-07-13, 23:44
Hey old man.

1) Have you heard of the term call working couples?, that means, 2 adults earning $4.5k per month will meet your $9k target

2) Since when did government impose limit to how much one could spend on rental? What 35% DSR are you talking about here?

3) Stop fantasizing on nurses, people working in hospital are call healthcare workers. Property around hospital are always in great demand because there is always demand from healthcare workers who need to attend to emergency or shift work at hospital.

And beside NTFGH and JCH, there are still plenty of high profile jobs moving into JLD in 2014, and this include the cities jobs at Capitaland office, MND office, BCA office and AVA office.

Yishun did not see any surge in rental demand after Khoo Teck Puat Hospital is in operations. Not sure about nurses, but doctors are in general are highly aspirational in their lifestyle choices - so Yishun or Jurong doesnt list high up in their choice of dwellings. Most hospital doctors (even the entry MO) drive, their favourite choice of car is BMW (no puns intended), hence there is no need to live within 1km radius from the hospital

I dont think MND, BCA and AVA employ a large percentage of foreigners since these ministries are geared towards national development..

However, I do believe JG might attract tenants from expat MNC factory managers working in Tuas or plant engineers working in Jurong island. In this case, then it will be competing the current existing condo pool though.

Ringo33
30-07-13, 13:21
more caveats

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5862/jn6c.jpg

Looks like there are quite a number of buyers with private residential addresses. Perhaps the buyers of J Gateway is not as inexperience and stupid as what some people here are hoping.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7746/scgx.jpg

Regulators
30-07-13, 14:44
Dont be naive, pte residential addresses could mean they hv been renting a pte condo n hv missed several boats in between. No multiple pte pty owner would beverage that stupidity pay peak pricing n another 10% absd on top of that peak price :doh:

Looks like there are quite a number of buyers with private residential addresses. Perhaps the buyers of J Gateway is not as inexperience and stupid as what some people here are hoping.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7746/scgx.jpg

Simi
30-07-13, 15:18
Lakeside Village will not happen in the next 7 years at least at Science Center is not moving out anytime soon.

Hi Ring033

Yes you are correct
Science Center not moving out anytime soon

But regards to Lakeside Village, don't think it will be built on the Science Center piece of land

Attached 2 maps ....don't know correct or not

your advise please as really looking forward to this Lakeside Village

Thank you

Ringo33
30-07-13, 15:40
Hi Ring033

Yes you are correct
Science Center not moving out anytime soon

But regards to Lakeside Village, don't think it will be built on the Science Center piece of land

Attached 2 maps ....don't know correct or not

your advise please as really looking forward to this Lakeside Village

Thank you

If you look at the plan view, the core of the lakeside village is actually the science center building and the plan is to create a waterway around the existing science center building which will be preserved. hence thats why it looks like an island.

Simi
30-07-13, 16:34
If you look at the plan view, the core of the lakeside village is actually the science center building and the plan is to create a waterway around the existing science center building which will be preserved. hence thats why it looks like an island.

I see

Thank you for the sharing :)

hyenergix
30-07-13, 16:51
The whole place is too built-up and congested. A large portion of the greenery and free space will be lost soon.

teddybear
30-07-13, 20:32
$4k per month basic x15 months = $60k a year. A lot mah?
And that is for senior nurses, you think all nurses in hospital are "senior nurses"?
How many years of work experience before they can even get $4k pm basic pay? Very low indeed! :beats-me-man:

Great at least u prove teddy bear is wrong.. senior nurses earn greater than 4k... go check out staff nurse pay scale...

Originally Posted by Regulators

http://www.payscale.com/research/SG/...se_(RN)/Salary (http://www.payscale.com/research/SG/Job=Senior_Charge_Nurse_%28RN%29/Salary)

teddybear
30-07-13, 20:36
To add on, those working at Capitaland office, MND office, BCA office and AVA office are all locals. They already have own homes else where, you think they will shift to Jurong just because their office shift to Jurong? :rolleyes:

And you think those doctors want to live in Jurong all day long to help to cleanse the air when they already working there? They are stupid they won't be doctors there? :p

Hey old man.

Ringo33
31-07-13, 02:24
To add on, those working at Capitaland office, MND office, BCA office and AVA office are all locals. They already have own homes else where, you think they will shift to Jurong just because their office shift to Jurong? :rolleyes:

And you think those doctors want to live in Jurong all day long to help to cleanse the air when they already working there? They are stupid they won't be doctors there? :p

1) How certain are you that Capitaland, MND, BCA and AVA only employs local Singaporeans??

2) How many property investors who bought property in CCR actually live and grew up in CCR? If you live in Tampines would you have taken a job in Jurong or vice versa?

3) It it a known fact that doctors and healthcare workers will choose to live near where they work (if they can afford) because of the shift work and frequent trip they need to make to hospital to attend to patients with special needs, such as patients in ICU etc.

Doctors are no different to other human beings, they need to report to work on time all the time, and no all doctors live in CCR.

chestnut
31-07-13, 04:59
Bro Ringo... Can i ask u a few question :

1. Why does the masterplan show 2,800 hotel rooms?

2. Who are this hotel room users? Mainly tourist or biz

3. How many year plan is the developmentplan?
- If jurong is going to be just a quick one - why planning over next 10-15 years:doh:

If u guys been to France, there is the heart of Paris and there is this place called La defense.... You will understand the concept of what Singapore is doing...

Arachon should know lar...

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4:

oops
31-07-13, 13:10
Record top bid for EC site in JurongBYKALPANA RAS AN executive condo (EC) site in Yuan Ching Road/Tao Ching Road opposite Jurong Country Club has drawn a top bid of S$418.53 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr), a new high for an EC site.The top bid came from a joint venture between Evia Real Estate (5), BBR Development, CNH Investment and OKP Land.The site, which can yield about 610 homes, drew a whopping 16 bids.Tenders for two EC sites in Punggol also closed yesterday.

dare2
31-07-13, 20:49
Record top bid for EC site in JurongBYKALPANA RAS AN executive condo (EC) site in Yuan Ching Road/Tao Ching Road opposite Jurong Country Club has drawn a top bid of S$418.53 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr), a new high for an EC site.The top bid came from a joint venture between Evia Real Estate (5), BBR Development, CNH Investment and OKP Land.The site, which can yield about 610 homes, drew a whopping 16 bids.Tenders for two EC sites in Punggol also closed yesterday.

...break even at 800psf.....first EC to hit 1000psf?

Ringo33
31-07-13, 20:55
...break even at 800psf.....first EC to hit 1000psf?

Based on EC household income ceiling what is the maximum 30 years loan one can take without busting the tdsr limit?

teddybear
31-07-13, 21:21
You don't know how to calculate? You don't know how to advise people to buy Jurong? Probably your calculations all wrong? :doh:

Based on EC household income ceiling what is the maximum 30 years loan one can take without busting the tdsr limit?

dare2
31-07-13, 21:44

.....actually TDSR is gonna be probably the most effective CM, a hurdle that will rise with interest rate.... with this in place, the govt has another instrument that will keep the price in check, Market will shrink with increase in prices or interest rates...

sillyme
31-07-13, 22:44
.....actually TDSR is gonna be probably the most effective CM, a hurdle that will rise with interest rate.... with this in place, the govt has another instrument that will keep the price in check, Market will shrink with increase in prices or interest rates...

totally agree with you on this. :)

Ringo33
01-08-13, 07:00

so the way forward to developers will be to build smaller apartment to reduce the quantum. Having said that, if buyer has got rich parents, then they could always overcome TDSR with cash.

dare2
01-08-13, 20:56
so the way forward to developers will be to build smaller apartment to reduce the quantum. Having said that, if buyer has got rich parents, then they could always overcome TDSR with cash.
...ya, quantum threshold is going to be key consideration, guess developer will try to squeeze built-up area as far as buyers are willing to pay, but there will be a limit o what buyer will accept in terms of size.

vanan75
06-08-13, 07:45
This portal is so silent now???what happened? Any news on jurong?

Regulators
06-08-13, 08:44
..n buyers will wake up to the reality of paying for all that wasted non-livable space which are not even counted as part of the gfa for redevelopment :doh:

...ya, quantum threshold is going to be key consideration, guess developer will try to squeeze built-up area as far as buyers are willing to pay, but there will be a limit o what buyer will accept in terms of size.

SNRL
06-08-13, 11:05
wonder what are they doing?

ecimbew
06-08-13, 19:01
Inflection point

Hang in there

Regulators
07-08-13, 01:57
developers are not building smaller to help u guys save money. they are building small to maximise gains n rip u off. best combi for devlopers is to shrink units n throw in as much wasted space as possible to double maximise gains :doh:

dare2
07-08-13, 05:33
...precisely, people buy OCR 2 bedder at 700 plus sq ft, for 1mil plus.....esp those who bought from sub-sale without seeing the showroom, only to realize how small it is for their family of 4...no store room, tiny kitchenette....no yard to dry clothes.....can squeeze if children are young...but have to look to upgrade as they grow up....decent sized units would be in demand in the future, even if older and less conveniently located....EC are good bets....after all, how inconvenient can a place be with our road all clogged up, as long as got MRT, accessibility will not be too bad.

Ringo33
08-08-13, 10:13
According to www.squrefoot.com.sg 33% of the J Gateway buyers are foreigners. This project is becoming hotter than CCR project liao

august
08-08-13, 10:58
According to www.squrefoot.com.sg 33% of the J Gateway buyers are foreigners. This project is becoming hotter than CCR project liao

yes and over 55% are hdb address. :doh:

Ringo33
08-08-13, 12:27
Buyers profile for J Gateway is rock solid.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4189/hm2i.jpg

ecimbew
08-08-13, 13:13
Why the need to substantiate? HDB owners are not all poor. Private housing owners are not all rich. What's the point?

star
08-08-13, 13:47
Jurong Cheong ah!!
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/jurong-biz-buzz-boosts-home-prices

princess_morbucks
14-08-13, 20:48
https://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateIIWeb/price/submitSearch.action

All, except one, are sold!

Ringo33
16-08-13, 07:54
Some update info on return units. Does anyone know which unit at J Gateway was not sold at launched? Was it because developer is keeping it for themselves?

Gateway sold another 15 units in July. Given that only one out of 738 homes was left unsold in June, it can be deduced that there were 14 returned units in July which were subsequently resold to other buyers. These 14 units were mostly the ones affected by TDSR," said Ms Li.

"We might see more returned units in J Gateway in August given that some of the loan approvals were still pending as of early August," she added.
According to MCL Land, buyers for 723 units have exercised their option to purchase. Fourteen units were returned and subsequently resold. The options for 15 units have yet to be exercised.

Hillier
16-08-13, 16:07
Some update info on return units. Does anyone know which unit at J Gateway was not sold at launched? Was it because developer is keeping it for themselves?
All units launched on that day including reserved units for partners/directors were declared SOLD. 2BR, 3BR, 4BR were gone quickly (1 unit booked every 1-2mins..! You can only ask once or twice at the booking desk, if no decision taken in 2 mins, you had to step aside for the next person in the queue...never seen before like that) but it took a few hours to sell remaining 1BR and SOHO units priced >1600 psf.

It was understandable that buyers were initially reluctant to buy at 1600psf or more for Single bedders but given the long wait for balloting and desperation for not able to get their choice units later they jumped in for 1 bedder as well considering the long queue behind them and not wanting to return empty handed.

I remember my friend attended balloting again in Hutton's office for 2 returned units after a week but unsuccessful though (60+applications for 2 returned units).

Hillier
16-08-13, 16:10
All units launched on that day including those reserved units for MCL partners/directors were declared SOLD. 2BR, 3BR, 4BR were gone quickly (1 unit booked every 1-2mins..! You can only ask once or twice at the booking desk, if no decision taken in 2 mins, you had to step aside for the next person in the queue...never seen before like that) but it took a few hours to sell remaining 1BR and SOHO units priced >1600 psf.

It was understandable that buyers were initially reluctant to buy at 1600psf or more for Single bedders but given the long wait for balloting and desperation for not able to get their choice units later they jumped in for 1 bedder as well considering the long queue behind them and not wanting to return empty handed.

I remember my friend attended balloting again in Hutton's office for 2 returned units after a week but not successful though (60+applications for 2 returned units).

SNRL
30-08-13, 09:53
hmmm.... so quiet.....

vanan75
01-09-13, 10:01
Any J Gateway owners here? So quiet here. ..zzzz

Wunderkind
02-09-13, 13:37
Still early.

Top in 2016.:sleep:

Wunderkind
02-09-13, 21:40
anyone knows the location of the bin centre ? Is the facing away from the bin centre have a better value ?

vanan75
02-09-13, 21:52
anyone knows the location of the bin centre ? Is the facing away from the bin centre have a better value ?

Are you referring to the Shoebox building or the other building?

Wunderkind
02-09-13, 22:09
Are you referring to the Shoebox building or the other building?

The bin centre I tink is near to the SOHO building.

vanan75
03-09-13, 07:51

No idea brother... I have not seen in that detail. Infact, I only went to Jurong
one or two times. However, its kinda impressive how it has changed so much.
Anyway, I'm impressed with the facilities which are placed at high floors.

The sky gym,tennis court, and their seem to
a pool like water feature, have you seen it in the brousher?
Also their is something like a sky dining bar..I like to discuss
the architecture features of this development. Its kinda unique.

vanan75
03-09-13, 08:39

No idea brother... I have not seen in that detail. Infact, I only went to Jurong
one or two times. However, its kinda impressive how it has changed so much.
Anyway, I'm impressed with the facilities which are placed at high floors.

The sky gym,tennis court, and their seem to
a pool like water feature, have you seen it in the brousher?
Also their is something like a sky dining bar..I like to discuss
the architecture features of this development. Its kinda unique.

Wunderkind
03-09-13, 20:24
The one word to describe J Gateway is STRIKING.

It is to become the tallest building in the surrounding JLD vicinity, even taller than JTC Summit ( the current tallest building in JLD at 32 stories). J Gateway has 3 towers at 38 stories.

You may miss JEM in the skyline, but you could not possibly miss J Gateway.

vanan75
04-09-13, 09:23
The one word to describe J Gateway is STRIKING.

It is to become the tallest building in the surrounding JLD vicinity, even taller than JTC Summit ( the current tallest building in JLD at 32 stories). J Gateway has 3 towers at 38 stories.

You may miss JEM in the skyline, but you could not possibly miss J Gateway.

Yup, I observed that the pool design is very much rigged towards practicality lifestyle generally city dwellers have. For example, City Square residents have a large Olympic pool, which is pretty much the standard "throw in" that most of the developers do, but here MCL have thought in catering residents who might have different preference and might use the pool to relax, leisure swim or doing serious laps.However, it would have been better if the pool size was larger. Also, MCL has designed the development in such way that it uses green technology towards facility management. it's a new thing, in design and construction.

SNRL
04-09-13, 10:03
Yup, I observed that the pool design is very much rigged towards practicality lifestyle generally city dwellers have. For example, City Square residents have a large Olympic pool, which is pretty much the standard "throw in" that most of the developers do, but here MCL have thought in catering residents who might have different preference and might use the pool to relax, leisure swim or doing serious laps.However, it would have been better if the pool size was larger. Also, MCL has designed the development in such way that it uses green technology towards facility management. it's a new thing, in design and construction.

The pool seems very small and the kids pool is at totally separated which is near the side gate. Fr the brochure I seen that there is a flight of stairs at the sidegate, wonder how high will that be from the ground level.

SNRL
04-09-13, 10:07
According to the agent 2nd level are already higher than the mrt track which is gd but how abt the noise for those unit facing the track........:millie::millie::millie:

dudick
04-09-13, 10:51
The pool seems very small and the kids pool is at totally separated which is near the side gate. Fr the brochure I seen that there is a flight of stairs at the sidegate, wonder how high will that be from the ground level.

Another concern is J gateway has over 700 household, not sure the facilities will be enough

LiveYoung
04-09-13, 11:00
According to the agent 2nd level are already higher than the mrt track which is gd but how abt the noise for those unit facing the track........:millie::millie::millie:

Sound travels upwards and only starts to diminish until reaching certain height.

Regulators
04-09-13, 12:07
Before the sound travels upwards , it disperses in all directions at the source , and being near the track means u get the full impact of the noise regardless of whether u r slightly above or slightly below the track level.

Sound travels upwards and only starts to diminish until reaching certain height.

sunrise
04-09-13, 12:18
Another concern is J gateway has over 700 household, not sure the facilities will be enough

whow.. pool sure crowded like market place.

teddybear
04-09-13, 13:45
What a myth that does not have any scientific backing!

Your statement could be interpreted that:
- Sound only travels upwards? (not downwards, all around?)
- Sounds never diminish in strength until they reach certain height?

Got such logic? :doh:

Wunderkind
04-09-13, 16:06
MRT noise will be inevitable for those units facing the track. Nonetheless it is tolerable noise when we are accustomed to it overtime.

Regulators
05-09-13, 02:12
Only time when a person can get accustomed to persistent mrt track noise 17hr a day is when he has been driven beyond the point of insanity :doh:

MRT noise will be inevitable for those units facing the track. Nonetheless it is tolerable noise when we are accustomed to it overtime.

Ringo33
05-09-13, 08:22
I think the chatty noise created by those missing the boat in this forum are louder than any MRT and expressway combined.

Its a sold out project. go get a a life please..

Wunderkind
05-09-13, 08:33
Only time when a person can get accustomed to persistent mrt track noise 17hr a day is when he has been driven beyond the point of insanity :doh:

The trade off for a modern city is normally stress. You can't have everything peace and quietness.

Noise is inevitable in modern city living and this can compound stress. The trick is to train your mind to accept as part of nature and environment and live with it.

Regulators
05-09-13, 12:43
Which means u havent been looking at the right properties. There are loads of homes with nice views, peace n quiet n near amenities. Paying $1700psf to face the mrt track is imo a waste of money n horrible choice of home.
The trade off for a modern city is normally stress. You can't have everything peace and quietness.

Noise is inevitable in modern city living and this can compound stress. The trick is to train your mind to accept as part of nature and environment and live with it.

Regulators
05-09-13, 12:51
There are thousands burnt by the ponzi scheme n millions affected in the subprime n millions of dollars get wiped out from the stock mkt daily, in summary the number of fools in the pty mkt is paltry compared to financial mkt duh....
I think the chatty noise created by those missing the boat in this forum are louder than any MRT and expressway combined.

Its a sold out project. go get a a life please..

vovolversace
05-09-13, 13:28
Which means u havent been looking at the right properties. There are loads of homes with nice views, peace n quiet n near amenities. Paying $1700psf to face the mrt track is imo a waste of money n horrible choice of home.

pls stop it,you are so annoying! only a few units in JG cost 1700 plus per square foot as if most units will cost that much. :doh: People want to buy this project units for high price,why you want to care so much about them,is that even affect your annoying life.and you like to keep repeating the same old thing in this thread.your comments are so irrelevant.People are talking about city lives,and you taking about peaceful and quiet.wth?Are you out of topic?I know you don't like this project,does not mean you can keep coming here and talk bad about this project.You cannot be so arrogant to think that your opinions are always right,and other people opinions are wrong.btw,i know that you will repeat the same old reason to tell me about this project.

Regulators
05-09-13, 13:40
@vovolversace
My reply to wunderkind's post on peace n quiet is irrelevant?

Btw this is a forum where ppl discuss about pty prices, pty facing, pty investment prospects n criticise n evaluate condos using different yardsticks, if u not happy u can go elsewhere. And btw I never say my opinions always right n u r not me so don't tell me what I think.

SNRL
05-09-13, 14:03

Hey... who you are to determine whether is it the right property?? Look at your predication in 2009 abt The Centris :doh: those who listen to what you commented were then the real fool. So pls STOP commenting abt other ppl property.

SNRL
05-09-13, 14:06
@vovolversace

Btw this is a forum where ppl discuss about pty prices, pty facing, pty investment prospects n criticise n evaluate condos using different yardsticks, if u not happy u can go elsewhere. And btw I never say my opinions always right n u r not me so don't tell me what I think.

As you said, this is a forum to discuss abt pricing etc.... but you are ont discussing you are actually talking bad abt the property that YOU think is bad. So since you dislike this property so much Y bother to come in so pls leave this site.

Regulators
05-09-13, 14:10
Btw I don't retract what I say about a pty. Imo Centris is still a cock condo to live, as what I mentioned way back in 2009. The same goes for Caspian.

Hey... who you are to determine whether is it the right property?? Look at your predication in 2009 abt The Centris :doh: those who listen to what you commented were then the real fool. So pls STOP commenting abt other ppl property.

Regulators
05-09-13, 14:12
What is bad to u might be news to ppl thinking about buying a pty in the west. If u can't take criticisms , u shouldn't live in this planet.

As you said, this is a forum to discuss abt pricing etc.... but you are ont discussing you are actually talking bad abt the property that YOU think is bad. So since you dislike this property so much Y bother to come in so pls leave this site.

vovolversace
05-09-13, 14:15
@vovolversace

by saying this,can show that how arrogant are you.you are so egoistic.oh.okok,i know that you never call yourself egoistic,but the way you act can say so.you can always deny this and insult me with your low iq brain.Why i cannot tell you what you think.By saying this''And btw I never say my opinions always right n u r not me so don't tell me what I think'' can prove that you think that you always right as you think that you have the right to tell me that i cannot say you what i think about you.

rymccondo77
05-09-13, 14:18
When you buy a property, there is bound to be people who agree with your choice (e.g. say it is a good buy) and there is bound to be people who don't agree with your choice (e.g. not a good buy).

Most important thing is that you yourself are happy with your choice. If not happy .... then sell it or rent it out (if you can).

star
05-09-13, 14:22
When a person is so mean keep bad mouthing the property i suggest u all talk down his too. He got a Regent Heights. Each of u just shoot 10 posts daily in Regent heights thread. 20 of u will be 200posts he will be too busy to reply. Lol.

Regulators
05-09-13, 14:24
So for u to come into a forum passing judgement on people you don't know just because they make comments u don't like to hear should make u a really shallow person.

by saying this,can show that how arrogant are you.you are so egoistic.oh.okok,i know that you never call yourself egoistic,but the way you can act and say so.you can always deny this and insult me with your low iq brain.

vovolversace
05-09-13, 14:26
So for u to come into a forum passing judgement on people you don't know just because they make comments u don't like to hear should make u a really shallow person.

oh ya!u also judge me that i am a shallow person.firstly,u also come to this thread and deny this and that because others make comments u don't like to hear too.and you will always many ridiculous reasons to deny this and that,therefore can satisfied your egoistic problems.why you have the right to judge others,and others cannot judge you,because you think that you are a king?wow.i see.i know that you never said that you are king.

Regulators
05-09-13, 14:27
Please talk down , I really don't mind coz Regent Hts is only home to my tenant, I am not as shallow as some ppl in this forum. :D

When a person is so mean keep bad mouthing the property i suggest u all talk down his too. He got a Regent Heights. Each of u just shoot 10 posts daily in Regent heights thread. 20 of u will be 200posts he will be too busy to reply. Lol.

Regulators
05-09-13, 14:30
A person who judges a stranger in cyberspace just because the latter comments about some lifeless pty, don't you think the commentor is very shallow? I am calling u shallow based on this.

oh ya!u also judge me that i am a shallow person.firstly,u also come to this thread and deny this and that because others make comments u don't like to hear too.and you will always many ridiculous reason to deny this ans that,therefore can satisfied your egoistic problems.

vovolversace
05-09-13, 14:32
Please talk down , I really don't mind coz Regent Hts is only home to my tenant, I am not as shallow as some ppl in this forum. :D

when one makes one comment about this project,you don't like the comment and you always will come here to insult others just because that you don't agree with the comment.is that even prove that you are a shallow and egoistic person.come and keep insulting me.your irrelevant comments don't affects me anyway.why can't you agree with my comments because you a shallow person.oh i see.face it pls.i know it is a hard truth to you.miserable truth that make you difficult to take it.haha,:D:D

Regulators
05-09-13, 14:37
Huh? Did I come in to this thread just to insult u? Please lah, you should read ur first post to me , if u had not started casting baseless comments at me, I won't even bother with u in the first place.

when one makes one comment about this project,you don't like the comment and you always will come here to insult others just because that you don't agree with the comment.is that even prove that you are a shallow and egoistic person.come and keep insulting me.your irrelevant comments don't affects me anyway.

vovolversace
05-09-13, 14:39
Huh? Did I come in to this thread just to insult u? Please lah, you should read ur first post to me , if u had not started casting baseless comments at me, I won't even bother with u in the first place.

ok.I dun want to feed the troll like you anyway.

Regulators
05-09-13, 14:53
Your first ten posts in this forum n u r picking up fights with ppl, I think that speaks a lot about u. Do u fight with ppl in ur first day of work or quarrel with ur spouse in ur first day of marriage? Lol...

ok.I dun want to feed the troll like you anyway.

Wunderkind
05-09-13, 15:24
The trade off of modern city living is normally stress. You cannot have everything peace and quietness Noise is inevitable in modern city living. The trick is to train your mind to make it a part of nature and environment and live with it.

The same principle applies everywhere. Let have a more productive and engaging forum with active listening and forbearance.

vovolversace
05-09-13, 16:35
The trade off of modern city living is normally stress. You cannot have everything peace and quietness Noise is inevitable in modern city living. The trick is to train your mind to make it a part of nature and environment and live with it.

The same principle applies everywhere. Let have a more productive and engaging forum with active listening and forbearance.

i bet REGULATORS will say something to you cos he will disagree with you.

Wunderkind
05-09-13, 22:38
Why I buy J Gateway ?

I wanted to get a unit for investment The key determinant to me is location.

J Gateway fits my criteria very well, especially when it is the only condo in the heart of JLD. It has many amenities surrounding the condo. Nobody should worry about food, leisure, entertainment, school and transport. If one is sick, he can easily pay a visit to the nearby hospitals. These are plus factors for rental and capital appreciation.

Making the decision to buy is but the first step. The next step is how much I should be paying for the unit. It is a tough decision. The developer will , for sure, factor in the future development of JLD into the pricing. I did raise my budget.

The last hurdle is the balloting. I have never won a lucky draw in my life. So, the feeling was like - "so what if I have the money but I don't have the luck ". All I can say is that my leave was not wasted for that day.

Good luck to all J Gateway owners!

vovolversace
06-09-13, 07:37
wow.a person dun want to talk down to this project,and told other to talk down to other project just because he own a unit there.He have the right to control what people want to say.haha.:doh:I thought u said that this is a property forum,anyone can talk about any project.WHY CAN'T I TALK ABOUT YOUR PROJECT?ur project is much worst than this project.no close proximity to mrt,shopping mall,any food joints,supermarket.hahaha.pity you own a unit there.hope it depreciate and this project appreciate more.Anyway you have the freedom to bad mouth to this project right.yeah.I also have the freedom to bad mouth yours!even you want to report me,i also dun afraid u. :cheers1: If you don't like i bad mouth your project,get out of this forum lah.this what you said to me anyway as i have the freedom to say anything i want here about property!!!haha.cheers!

vovolversace
06-09-13, 07:51
Even though Regent Height condo is close proximity to J Gateway.J gateway have times 10 the amount of amenities provided nearby than Regent Height have provided,The only amenity provided by RH condo is Little Guillin.Even though LG provided peaceful environment to the nearby condo and hdb,nobody really give a damn.As one can visit bigger and better Guillin in China.If one like nature so much,one can buy better quality condo than RH in Thomson,with the view of the forest in the centre of Singapore that is better views than the LG.In Singapore,a busy city state,people are more concern about the amount of amenities nearby like Mrt,Hospital and Shopping malls.RH is a condo with dead investment opportunity . :cheers1:Good luck to REGULATORS owning a condo with no investment opportunity.

rymccondo77
06-09-13, 08:18
Regent Heights has something that new (and most other) condos don't have nowadays - a Golf Driving Range :)

vanan75
06-09-13, 08:47
Their have been a lot of comments on the J Gateway psf price, I have been reading this thread for some time. However, personally i think when any condo is bought the buyer need to decide whether it's going to be an investment or for own stay. If it was for investment, then their are two aspects you want to consider, 1. Capital appreciation rate 2. Rental Yield. Now in Singapore context every place are being developed with well structured transport system, amenities and facilities. Singapore is poised towards becoming another London, NY. So their will be capital appreciation by TOP , however the rate of this appreciation may vary depending on CM, nation economy, demand, supply and basic economics.Now, rental yield is subjective, it depends on the location, amenities facilities and catchment area.

As for own stay, then you can decide what is best for you not much to think about the rest.

I presume investors/own stayers would have thought about this before investing on any property. Infact, the EC's are getting much attention to HDB upgraders as they are getting to be build in we'll developed areas. So PC investors need to be more prudent on the investment strategy. In Singapore everyone has the opportunity to invest based on your budget. So knowing what you can afford is important because you do not want your loan rates and premiums start biting you on the long run. Match your affortability, but still being prudent about the investment you are going to make, especially when family members are involved in the purchase of the investment.

The fact is OCR are getting some limelight with the developments similar to CCR.
But CCR has its own catchment strategy vs OCR. So it is challenging to look at them under the same light. Any predictions based on this is subjective as decentralization is taking place.

However, it's striking to see OCR regions are getting highest bit by developers thus shedding to high psf. Whether, investors are willing to continue to purchase at this price depends on the supply, demand and their personal deciding factors.
Sometimes, it's just the knee jerk reaction to the market, missing the boat soon mentality. So very much emotions play a huge part in buying factors especially if family members are involved.

The frequent "keyboard brawls" i read between CCR vs OCR is pretty interesting as the strategies and predictions they provide are mind boggling but definitely some of these guys have substance worth reading and just might change your opinion.

However, at the end of day it's up to you decide what is best for you...

Happy Enjoying your investment.

***Think POSITIVE and be POSITIVE***

p3nboy
06-09-13, 09:38
West has everything, including this:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/flash-floods-in-several/802816.html

Regulators
06-09-13, 10:09
You talk down any project does not evoke any feeling coz condos are lifeless, what is most important is the investment decision behind a purchase. I would still pay $600psf for a 1163sqft three bedder in regent hts any day compared to a 474sqft one bedder in j gateway at $1700psf. At the end of the day simple common sense prevails n that needs no further elaboration. :D

Btw my tenant told me he enjoys the view of bt timah hill n mbs from the living room French window of the unit, u hv any such views at j gateway? :D

wow.a person dun want to talk down to this project,and told other to talk down to other project just because he own a unit there.He have the right to control what people want to say.haha.:doh:I thought u said that this is a property forum,anyone can talk about any project.WHY CAN'T I TALK ABOUT YOUR PROJECT?ur project is much worst than this project.no close proximity to mrt,shopping mall,any food joints,supermarket.hahaha.pity you own a unit there.hope it depreciate and this project appreciate more.Anyway you have the freedom to bad mouth to this project right.yeah.I also have the freedom to bad mouth yours!even you want to report me,i also dun afraid u. :cheers1: If you don't like i bad mouth your project,get out of this forum lah.this what you said to me anyway as i have the freedom to say anything i want here about property!!!haha.cheers!

vovolversace
06-09-13, 11:25
You talk down any project does not evoke any feeling coz condos are lifeless, what is most important is the investment decision behind a purchase. I would still pay $600psf for a 1163sqft three bedder in regent hts any day compared to a 474sqft one bedder in j gateway at $1700psf. At the end of the day simple common sense prevails n that needs no further elaboration. :D

Btw my tenant told me he enjoys the view of bt timah hill n mbs from the living room French window of the unit, u hv any such views at j gateway? :D
what for one have views but no amenities.:doh:and btw J gateway is the tallest building around there.easily taller than RH.can have lots of views even BT hill with the north facing side of J gateway condo so your comment about J gateway views is so irrelevant.so J gateway have both views and amenities.while regent height condo have views only.:cheers1:i know 1700 per sq feet for J gateway is overpriced,but only a few units with that price,so stop talking the same thing over and over again!one can get around $1300 per sq foot for high floor in J gateway when launch.

vovolversace
06-09-13, 11:31

r u dreaming u are comparing a three room condo price,price which a few years ago with a studio condo unit prices,price around this year!and one can get a unit from RH at 600 per sq feet now?no right?:doh:you are commenting without using your brain!and both condo in different district!!!your comparison so irrelevant!

thomastansb
06-09-13, 11:33
I agree with you. 1.7k psf just doesn't cut out for me either. If it is like East coast, mountbatten or lavendar, I can still accept the price. But Jurong is OCR and so far from many things. No thanks. I will just get a 600 psf big house instead.

And appreciation is going to be hard I feel. How high you want to pay for Jurong? 2k psf? Will you pay 2k psf for Jurong or 2k psf for East Coast?

august
06-09-13, 11:35
Regent Heights has something that new (and most other) condos don't have nowadays - a Golf Driving Range :)

Most new condos are lacking in facilities or have impactical facilities. E.g. the UOL projects at bedok reservoir and upcoming thomson do not even have tennis court. J Gateway and Hillview Peak both have tennis court but is situated on the roof, which is just impractical.

Regulators
06-09-13, 11:35
I would still pay $600psf for regent hts compared to $1300, $1400 or $1700psf for j gateway as common sense prevails at the end of the day. U would salivate like a dog if I offered u regent hts at $600psf today , but too bad u hv missed the boat. :D

what for one have views but no amenities.:doh:and btw J gateway is the tallest building around there.easily taller than RH.can have lots of views even BT hill with the north facing side of J gateway condo so your comment about J gateway views is so irrelevant.so J gateway have both views and amenities.while regent height condo have views only.:cheers1:i know 1700 per sq feet for J gateway is overpriced,but only a few units with that price,so stop taking the same thing over and over again!one can ge taround $1300 per sq foot for high floor in J gateway when launch.

vovolversace
06-09-13, 11:36
I agree with you. 1.7k psf just doesn't cut out for me either. If it is like East coast, mountbatten or lavendar, I can still accept the price. But Jurong is OCR and so far from many things. No thanks. I will just get a 600 psf big house instead.

And appreciation is going to be hard I feel. How high you want to pay for Jurong? 2k psf? Will you pay 2k psf for Jurong or 2k psf for East Coast?
i know everybody want to get a house for 600 psf and somemore that is a big house.but did you know that price only you can get during 2009 recession,not now!u can get a hdb around that price.

vovolversace
06-09-13, 11:41
I would still pay $600psf for regent hts compared to $1300, $1400 or $1700psf for j gateway as common sense prevails at the end of the day. U would salivate like a dog if I offered u regent hts at $600psf today , but too bad u hv missed the boat. :D

of cos Regent Height is cheaper as Regent Height is a lousy condo with horrible quality and ugly facade at a lousy location of cos it fetch cheaper price than J gateway condo.I rather live in a hdb in Redhill than live in RH with no amenities around.living there makes me feel horrible and miserable.so i will not argue with you for RH cheap price.:cheers1:anyway you also agree with me that Regent Height have cheap price.Cheap price caters to cheap people anyway.

august
06-09-13, 11:42
what for one have views but no amenities.:doh:and btw J gateway is the tallest building around there.easily taller than RH.can have lots of views even BT hill with the north facing side of J gateway condo so your comment about J gateway views is so irrelevant.so J gateway have both views and amenities.while regent height condo have views only.:cheers1:i know 1700 per sq feet for J gateway is overpriced,but only a few units with that price,so stop talking the same thing over and over again!one can get around $1300 per sq foot for high floor in J gateway when launch.

just to point out, J Gateway is not the tallest building there. Just bcos it has xx most number of storeys do not the make a building the tallest as it ignores the simple fact that commercial buildings have higher floor to floor heights. Best is simply look at maximum building height allowed.

vovolversace
06-09-13, 11:43
just to point out, J Gateway is not the tallest building there. Just bcos it has xx most number of storeys do not the make a building the tallest as it ignores the simple fact that commercial buildings have higher floor to floor heights. Best is simply look at maximum building height allowed.
yeah,i know that commercial buildings have higher floor to floor heights. Which building around there taller than J gateway?ya,I am based on height not number of floors.it taller than office tower of Jem and Westgate.it taller than the office beside Jcube.so?

august
06-09-13, 11:55
yeah,i know that commercial buildings have higher floor to floor heights. Which building around there taller than J gateway?ya,I am based on height not number of floors.it taller than office tower of Jem and Westgate.it taller than the office beside Jcube.so?

you can check. :)

vovolversace
06-09-13, 12:06
you can check. :)

the Genting hotel,offices around IBC,Westgate office and Jem office definitely shorter than J gateway.u can check this website Emporis. According to Emporis,Jtc summit is 110.31m tall.J gateway around 130m in height.SO?i cannot think of any building around there taller than J Gateway.u tell me the building name that can probably taller than j gateway than i can go and check.

Regulators
06-09-13, 12:20
I presume u paid $800k+ for a one bedder just like Ringo33. At the end of the day , it is the home you return to that counts, more than how tall the building is. How do you return to a home to be greeted by your wife cooking along the narrow doorway n walk out to a balcony the same size as your tiny living room? I never understood how ppl can live in such miserable living space in the outskirts of Singapore where land is so abundant so you could perhaps enlighten us :D

the Genting hotel,offices around IBC,Westgate office and Jem office definitely shorter than J gateway.u can check this website Emporis. According to Emporis,Jtc summit is 110.31m tall.J gateway around 130m in height.SO?i cannot think of any building around there taller than J Gateway.u tell me the building name that can probably taller than j gateway than i can go and check.

Simi
06-09-13, 12:20
Why I buy J Gateway ?

I wanted to get a unit for investment The key determinant to me is location.

J Gateway fits my criteria very well, especially when it is the only condo in the heart of JLD. It has many amenities surrounding the condo. Nobody should worry about food, leisure, entertainment, school and transport. If one is sick, he can easily pay a visit to the nearby hospitals. These are plus factors for rental and capital appreciation.

Making the decision to buy is but the first step. The next step is how much I should be paying for the unit. It is a tough decision. The developer will , for sure, factor in the future development of JLD into the pricing. I did raise my budget.

The last hurdle is the balloting. I have never won a lucky draw in my life. So, the feeling was like - "so what if I have the money but I don't have the luck ". All I can say is that my leave was not wasted for that day.

Good luck to all J Gateway owners!

Wunderkind

Wish you All the Best on your Investment in J Gateway

vovolversace
06-09-13, 12:28
I presume u paid $800k+ for a one bedder just like Ringo33. At the end of the day , it is the home you return to that counts, more than how tall the building is. How do you return to a home to be greeted by your wife cooking along the narrow doorway n walk out to a balcony the same size as your tiny living room? I never understood how ppl can live in such miserable living space in the outskirts of Singapore where land is so abundant so you could perhaps enlighten us :D
u are out of topic again,i and august discussing about height of building,and you discussing about this,some more you just now talk about views so now we talk about height.and that what you think and predict,not real.wtf rite?i think you have a mental illness that keep thinking something not real,and you think that is real. :doh:

Regulators
06-09-13, 12:39
So building height to you is more important than the layout of the unit you buy icic. ... another new perspective in pty investment lol....

u are out of topic again,i and august discussing about height of building,and you discussing about this,some more you just now talk about views so now we talk about height.and that what you predict,not real.wtf rite?i think you have a mental illness that keep thinking something not real,and you think that is real. :doh:

vovolversace
06-09-13, 12:47
So building height to you is more important than the layout of the unit you buy icic. ... another new perspective in pty investment lol....
firstly you are talking about views so i talking about building height,so is that mean that u think that views are more important than amenities?i never said building height to me is more important than the layout of the unit.Don't accuse me.you keep changing topic,you are damn irritating.
who said ''Btw my tenant told me he enjoys the view of bt timah hill n mbs from the living room French window of the unit, u hv any such views at j gateway?'' is it a cockroach or a dog or a ghost said that? i know you will change topic again.:beats-me-man: haiz,you die liao also will not want to change your character.haiz,hard to deal with you this kind miserable people.

Regulators
06-09-13, 13:15
All residential estates in Singapore have amenities be it hdb amenities, shopping malls, bus stops or mrt stations within a 1km radius. To hv both views n good layout is important when choosing a home, i wouldn't call a unit with the sort of one bedroom layout at j gateway a home simply because no normal household cooks at the doorway. To top it up, almost all one bedroom units are facing the track at j gateway, in what way then is paying a high psf a good investment. In pty buying, amenities is just one aspect to consider.
firstly you are talking about views so i talking about building height,so is that mean that u think that views are more important than amenities?i never said building height to me is more important than the layout of the unit.Don't accuse me.you keep changing topic,you are damn irritating.
who said ''Btw my tenant told me he enjoys the view of bt timah hill n mbs from the living room French window of the unit, u hv any such views at j gateway?'' is it a cockroach say that?

hopeful
06-09-13, 13:19
which of the 3 would have biggest capital appreciation, and highest rental psf? looks to me all 3 projects were very hot when they launch.

watertown
bedok residences
jurong gateway

thomastansb
06-09-13, 13:26
Bedok is the best follow by watertown.

J gateway? I am not sure if there is any appreciation. Will be limited if there is any.

which of the 3 would have biggest capital appreciation, and highest rental psf? looks to me all 3 projects were very hot when they launch.

watertown
bedok residences
jurong gateway

hopeful
06-09-13, 13:30
just wondering why vovolversace and wunderkind didnt buy watertown, bedok residences. seems to have all the ammenities of j-gateway. that is the reason given by them. why buy now instead of earlier?

Regulators
06-09-13, 13:37
The one with the lowest psf trumps the rest. I think watertown would fair poorer than the other two in terms of location but j gateway will fair poorer than the other two in terms of cap gain. Of course I could be wrong.

watertown
bedok residences
jurong gateway

thomastansb
06-09-13, 13:39
Fair enough. But my key point is I will never pay 1700 psf for a suburban unit, period. Own stay also no way. There is no appreciation left I feel.

i know everybody want to get a house for 600 psf and somemore that is a big house.but did you know that price only you can get during 2009 recession,not now!u can get a hdb around that price.

vovolversace
06-09-13, 13:42
Fair enough. But my key point is I will never pay 1700 psf for a suburban unit, period. Own stay also no way. There is no appreciation left I feel.
1700 per sq feet is overprice,but only a few units in J gateway.any units below 1500 per sq feet is reasonable in J gateway as compared to Punggol and Bedok pricing.

Wunderkind
06-09-13, 16:15
Wunderkind

Wish you All the Best on your Investment in J Gateway

Thanks. And you too.

propertychap
06-09-13, 16:26
Bedok and watertown about the same in psf back then and Bedok is a better location than watertown so on hindsight bedok is a better choice among the 3.
With Yishun mixed site bid at historic high, maybe Bedok and watertown will appreciate more.

hopeful
07-09-13, 08:41
actually i am interested in vovolversace and wunderkind thought process.
why j-gateway instead of bedok residences, watertown?

since these 2 duplicates j-gateway in amneties, the reasons which they give for getting j-gateway.

at the time of bedok residences being launched, or the later launched watertown, was there any indication of j-gateway going to be marketed in 2013?

if they are investors:
so if they didnt buy bedok residence, didnt buy watertown, and j-gateway didnt launched, they would not have gotten any condo this year?

if they are upgraders:
if j-gateway didnt launched, they also would not have gotten any condo this year? (i am making assumption upgrader upgrade to a condo near to their hdb).

why buy now instead of 2011 (bedok residences), 2012 (watertown)?

vovolversace
07-09-13, 10:32
actually i am interested in vovolversace and wunderkind thought process.
why j-gateway instead of bedok residences, watertown?

since these 2 duplicates j-gateway in amneties, the reasons which they give for getting j-gateway.

at the time of bedok residences being launched, or the later launched watertown, was there any indication of j-gateway going to be marketed in 2013?

if they are investors:
so if they didnt buy bedok residence, didnt buy watertown, and j-gateway didnt launched, they would not have gotten any condo this year?

if they are upgraders:
if j-gateway didnt launched, they also would not have gotten any condo this year? (i am making assumption upgrader upgrade to a condo near to their hdb).

why buy now instead of 2011 (bedok residences), 2012 (watertown)?

u know why,bedok just a old hdb estate while punggol is a future estate with flop plans.but JLD will truly become successful from the developments one can see now.

Wunderkind
07-09-13, 10:43
Both BR and WT are good investment property choices from the amenities point of view. However, J Gateway has something more. It is located in the heart of the CDB of the West.

There is no right or wrong decision in all three considerations. For me, I am a long term investor. JLD has the potential for sustained rental yield given its excellent location.

hopeful
07-09-13, 11:09
u know why,bedok just a old hdb estate while punggol is a future estate with flop plans.but JLD will truly become successful from the developments one can see now.

interesting choice of words.
bedok is the past. so didnt buy.
punggol is the lousy future. so didnt buy.
jld is the better future. so buy.

1) i am curious because in nov 2011, bedok residence was launched. jan 2012 watertown was launched. tender for j-gateway was only in apr 2012. at that point time nov 2011-jan 2012, choices for condo with mall, mrt, etc are these 2 hot projects. it was like now or never kind of situation. and yet you didnt buy these 2.

so am i right to say if there is no j-gateway, you would not buy any condo in 2013?

2) is the jld in 2013 much different than the jld in 2012? the URA plans for jld has been announced wayback earlier. In addition, can already see commercial buildings being constructed in 2012, so no need to see now.

3) given that you only see the developments in 2013, if no j-gateway launched in 2013, and since you see so much potential in jld, would you have bought the nearest condo to jld like ivory heights?

hopeful
07-09-13, 11:23
Both BR and WT are good investment property choices from the amenities point of view. However, J Gateway has something more. It is located in the heart of the CDB of the West.

There is no right or wrong decision in all three considerations. For me, I am a long term investor. JLD has the potential for sustained rental yield given its excellent location.

the thing is the timing. if BR, WT, JG are launched at the same time, investors can then compare the 3 developments.
however, BR launched nov 2011, WT launched jan 2012. JG has not even entered into the picture. The JG land was put up in for tender in apr 2012.
so in jan 2012, investor has only these 2 choices.

my question to you are about the same as to vovolversace.

1) so am i right to say if there is no j-gateway, you would not buy any condo in 2013?
why is BR, WT not attractive enough for you until you rather not buy a condo there?

2) given the potential for sustained rental yield, if no j-gateway launched in 2013, and since you see so much potential in jld, would you have bought the nearest condo to jld like ivory heights?

Regulators
07-09-13, 12:59
What is ur projected rental n selling px on TOP for a one bedroom unit at j gateway?

Wunderkind
07-09-13, 15:57
What is ur projected rental n selling px on TOP for a one bedroom unit at j gateway?

3% to 4 % range is very achievable for J G. The market has turned favourably to MM rental due to the curbs on PR for resale HDB. I am inclined to think that a place like JLD can fetch on the higher end of the 3% to 4% range or even more depending on the level and facing.

As for the projected px, well, I am not able to value that as there are a number of macro and micro-factors impacting the projection.

The latest record land bid for the Yishun Central mixed development site can perhaps give you a hint on the potential price movement for those locations near regional MRT. In time to come, the question will be will anyone buy the Yishun Condo at $1600 psf and expect significant px appreciation at TOP ?

PS : I am not planning to sell JG. It is one of my long term investment.

lajia
07-09-13, 17:19
U should go question those who bought Hillion, or some of those Hillview developments which are in the range of 1500psf in excess...do they expect a good yield? Or do they expect higher return in their investment?

Don't keep pouring cold water here which are not constructve at all. Even though I'm not vested here but see already also very TL!

:2cents:

lajia
07-09-13, 17:21
I think u guys will earn big time if the economy is good during 2017-2020...there are just too limited projects in the vicinity...good foresight! And courage too...:), my opinion.

3% to 4 % range is very achievable for J G. The market has turned favourably to MM rental due to the curbs on PR for resale HDB. I am inclined to think that a place like JLD can fetch on the higher end of the 3% to 4% range or even more depending on the level and facing.

As for the projected px, well, I am not able to value that as there are a number of macro and micro-factors impacting the projection.

The latest record land bid for the Yishun Central mixed development site can perhaps give you a hint on the potential price movement for those locations near regional MRT. In time to come, the question will be will anyone buy the Yishun Condo at $1600 psf and expect significant px appreciation at TOP ?

PS : I am not planning to sell JG. It is one of my long term investment.

Regulators
07-09-13, 17:30
If jg rise in price , it will do me more good than harm. I m here to discuss the prospects of an investment pty regardless of whether i am vested or not. I seriously don't see much cap gain for jg athough I can say owners won't lose money. Wunderkind's projected rental is not unreasonable but but I certainly wouldn't buy an sg pty for a paltry 3-4% yield.
U should go question those who bought Hillion, or some of those Hillview developments which are in the range of 1500psf in excess...do they expect a good yield? Or do they expect higher return in their investment?

Don't keep pouring cold water here which are not constructve at all. Even though I'm not vested here but see already also very TL!

:2cents:

sunrise
07-09-13, 17:58

What's the big deal here? There are pple owning multiple properties in this forum also never show-off like gateway's owner. When harbor front city develops you pple are nowhere.

vanan75
08-09-13, 21:22
What is the building progress of J - Gateway? Has anyone gone there to see its progress?

mrtcard
09-09-13, 14:01
What is the building progress of J - Gateway? Has anyone gone there to see its progress?

I heard they moved in the cranes and square blocks.

sunrise
09-09-13, 14:52

Bro, now they are doing ground compacting.
still very long way to go, start counting the days from now until one thousand and you were almost there.

MCL experienced many flaws on previous project like soil loosening, falling down walls. so this round they have to be extreme careful in the ground work. those who bought estuary can share their bad experience with you.
heard 3 pages of defects.

vovolversace
09-09-13, 15:10
What's the big deal here? There are pple owning multiple properties in this forum also never show-off like gateway's owner. When harbor front city develops you pple are nowhere.
So?I never said that this is a big deal,pls don't be so arrogant as if u are the one who own many properties. :D I and others here just discussing about this project in our opinions like other threads in this forum,not bragging.From what Regulators said this is a property forum,one can say anything about properties,or else one can get out of this forum if he or she don't like. so you have any low self esteem problem?or u just being insecure?

CCROCR
09-09-13, 17:33

Picture taken last week.

vanan75
09-09-13, 19:24
Picture taken last week.

Thanks bro, for the picture.

By the way these are the pictures taken before, the sales :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1633778

vanan75
10-09-13, 16:27
There is a trend of new condominiums that have interesting features replicating “hotel like features”. J-Gateway, has some facilities which are interesting, one of them is the open air gym and the tennis court. Space is really a concern for this development; it's a private residence surrounded by commercial activity. The trend of having a tennis court at the backyard of a condo and gyms by the pool is a common sight of condos.

However, there is a trend on new developments designed with recreational activities build on high floors with open space concept. This concept, I would say is a borrowed idea from famous hotel developments. In many city hotels, having open spaces on high floor with swimming pool are popular with tenants. I believe "The Sail" development has a similar high floor facilities and "hotel like appearance". Thus, it is no surprise that developers know that the value of the development is not just tagged to the land price but also the design features of the condominium as well.

Another, topic of interest is how far should we look into the floor plan of a condominium before we purchase it. Generally, when investor hears about condo projects near MRT, they tend to rush for the project. However, much of the floor plan is left unnoticed. That is another topic for another day….

CCROCR
10-09-13, 21:53
Thanks bro, for the picture.

By the way these are the pictures taken before, the sales :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1633778

You are welcome. Here's another picture...

vovolversace
10-09-13, 21:59
You are welcome. Here's another picture...
hopefully the real buildings after constructed will look the same as the pictures the developer gave.

CCROCR
10-09-13, 22:09
hopefully the real buildings after constructed will look the same as the pictures the developer gave.

Hi vovolversace,
think should look the same... is this your first private property investment?

Ringo33
10-09-13, 22:15
J Gateway should go up very fast because there are no basement carpark.

I have no doubt that this will be a very iconic building due to its height.

Under the URA technical plan, I think its also required to have some form of lighting in the evening to show case the building shape and design.

vovolversace
10-09-13, 22:36

Under the URA technical plan, I think its also required to have some form of lighting in the evening to show case the building shape and design.
lighting is nice to look from outside,but people who live inside need to have thick curtains in order to have full darkness.

vanan75
10-09-13, 22:59

That's interesting that URA has given some importance to this building.
Since with the PSA moving to Tuas, it will bring more banking activity
to this District. Hopefully.Banks and insurance offices make a huge part of any CBD.

Ringo33
10-09-13, 23:19
to this District. Hopefully.Banks and insurance offices make a huge part of any CBD.

banks will remain in CBD due to prestige. However I would expect that some chemical, petroleum, pharmaceutical and shipping companies might move to JLD.

Capitaland must be busy looking for tenants for the westgate tower now.

vanan75
10-09-13, 23:24

The diamond capsule design for treadmills is interesting and the gathering corner or small parties on the open space. You can seen that at night it will be a nice seneary to have gathering of friends. Also from the pamphlet I see their is a water feature in front of the diamond capsules. I'm not sure are they trying to replicate the marina bay sands look with the water feature on top of the building.

CCROCR
11-09-13, 09:17
banks will remain in CBD due to prestige. However I would expect that some chemical, petroleum, pharmaceutical and shipping companies might move to JLD.

Capitaland must be busy looking for tenants for the westgate tower now.

I hope banks will shift there, in order for JLD to become another CBD.

vanan75
11-09-13, 10:14

Banks
It depends, on where the commercial trade happened throughout the history. Raffles place has been such area. So it will be interesting, whether banks would shift from such historical place. Furthermore MAS is there. Unless MAS shifts. However, its interesting point to think about the possibilities of a 2nd CBD within Singapore. It depends, on the volume of trade that is done. Maybe, international banks can take place there, having just branches would not really make it a CBD area.

Rise of Heartland Malls
Interesting, if you realise there is a rise of "Heartland Malls" spurting all over the island. In fact, there is a trend where people spend less time in Orchard malls during weekends, however if you visit malls like , North Point, Junction 8, Causeway Point, Next etc. they have most of the fashion labels that Singaporean purchase. i.e. Mango, Zara, Levis, Cottonon, Iseatan, Metro e.g. they are heavily crowded during both weekends and weekdays.This makes more sense on why developers, bit a high price for land parcels near malls or MRT. If heartland malls offer the service and labels similar to orchard road malls, then it may be possible that dependency for orchard malls may see less dependency.

Cinema
Also Cinemas located at heart land malls make a big difference. The majority of youngsters go Orchard not just to meet up with friends but also primary to catch a movie. So the location of cinemas also has a direct effect on the developments. In this case J- Gateway is pretty near to Cinema Complexes. Location, Location and Location .

***Think Positive and be Positive***

NO_7
11-09-13, 10:47
Look at NEX, Serangoon use to be a dead town.

Ringo33
11-09-13, 10:48

Lets be realistic, JLD was never intended to replace CBD and it doesnt make sense for bank to move out of CBD area.

Most likely the companies that move to JLD will be those who has got existing MNCs with operation in the Jurong industry area.

LiveYoung
11-09-13, 11:04
Front office arm of most banks will remain in prime CBD area, no matter what happens. Back office will either be shifted out to other lower costing countries or resort to Changi Business Park and other places with much cheaper rental. JLD is not attractive to both ends of the banks. But if you are referring bank as those local bank branches, I wouldn't be surprised they set up branches at JLD. But that's a different story.:D

vanan75
11-09-13, 11:52
Banks
It depends, on where the commercial trade happened throughout the history. Raffles place has been such area. So it will be interesting, whether banks would shift from such historical place. Furthermore MAS is there. Unless MAS shifts. However, its interesting point to think about the possibilities of a 2nd CBD within Singapore. It depends, on the volume of trade that is done. Maybe, international banks can take place there, having just branches would not really make it a CBD area.

Rise of Heartland Malls
Interesting, if you realise there is a rise of "Heartland Malls" spurting all over the island. In fact, there is a trend where people spend less time in Orchard malls during weekends, however if you visit malls like , North Point, Junction 8, Causeway Point, Next etc. they have most of the fashion labels that Singaporean purchase. i.e. Mango, Zara, Levis, Cottonon, Iseatan, Metro e.g. they are heavily crowded during both weekends and weekdays.This makes more sense on why developers, bit a high price for land parcels near malls or MRT. If heartland malls offer the service and labels similar to orchard road malls, then it may be possible that dependency for orchard malls may see less dependency.

Cinema
Also Cinemas located at heart land malls make a big difference. The majority of youngsters go Orchard not just to meet up with friends but also primary to catch a movie. So the location of cinemas also has a direct effect on the developments. In this case J- Gateway is pretty near to Cinema Complexes. Location, Location and Location .

Banks
Infact, OCBC, POSB, Citibank branches already exist there. So, we can look forward to bank branches. J- Gateway success will be based on the commercial and recreational activity around this development. Also, better transport system linking Jurong East MRT station with the rest of the subways will also contribute to its success.

Location makes a difference?

I once went to Jewel@Buangkok development. It is a development that should be grabbed without thinking much as the MRT and 24 hrs NTUC are located very near and it is a pretty quiet neighbourhood. But i also realised that there were many other condo developments in that area. Thus if you are an investor, there is a question on the possibility of getting tenants, as there are many options for them to rent. However, for family stay i think the Jewel is a great place, with good schools around the vicinity. Thus, having a development single out in a high traffic route would be an interesting point to think about before investing. In this J-Gatway currently has this position, not sure about the future. However, with all that planning for the Jurong comming up it will be an interesting development to look out.

I have been hearing about the air quality in Jurong is low, is it really that bad?
In that case how the people have been living there all these while. With PSA moving there, would it really have any effect to the sea water and air quality
?? Anyone to comment on that?

CCROCR
11-09-13, 12:33
Banks

Rise of Heartland Malls

Cinema

Yes, I am not referring to just branches. I hope financial institutions will be set up in JLD, as higher rental yields usually are from the financial sector.

Ringo33
11-09-13, 12:38
Yes, I am not referring to just branches. I hope financial institutions will be set up in JLD, as higher rental yields usually are from the financial sector.

I can assure you there is no chance of banks moving out of CBD to JLD. JLD will cater for companies what has operation in Jurong area.

CCROCR
11-09-13, 12:52
I can assure you there is no chance of banks moving out of CBD to JLD. JLD will cater for companies what has operation in Jurong area.

In that case, what kind of rental yield do you think is achievable?

Ringo33
11-09-13, 13:05
In that case, what kind of rental yield do you think is achievable?

Dont need to worry about rental yield for J Gateway, it will be one of the highest in Singapore when it TOP in 2016/7.

conservatively, I would say 4-5%

hopeful
11-09-13, 13:27
Dont need to worry about rental yield for J Gateway, it will be one of the highest in Singapore when it TOP in 2016/7.

is that 4-5% at current price (1700psf studio) or 4-5% at future price (2000psf studio) in 2016/2017.

mermaid
11-09-13, 13:32
is that 4-5% at current price (1700psf studio) or 4-5% at future price (2000psf studio) in 2016/2017.

the 4-5% hv to be be at future price, else how is J gateway gonna be the psf king and yield one of the highest rental in sg?

Ringo33
11-09-13, 13:37

how am I suppose to know whats the future price?

Ringo33
11-09-13, 13:39
the 4-5% hv to be be at future price, else how is J gateway gonna be the psf king and yield one of the highest rental in sg?

what exactly is psf king? J gateway 1700, Echelon 2500psf? One Marina $4000psf?

vanan75
11-09-13, 13:42

Apart, from the fact that banks do contribute to the “polish” look for a development. It is not necessarily the only think that contributes to rental yield. When Singapore becomes more connected within OCR,CCR, CCR then it does not make much difference on where you are working as you are able to access your workplace, home or places of interest easily.

Innovate to Suceed
Pouring some innovative ideas in OCR development can overcome the dependency of Banks for property boost. What we can clearly observe is that the various private development around our island, from Nassim road to Seltar its the geographic location and the residence profile which predominately influence the value of a development. The possibility of having good facilities are in the hands of the investors whether it’s from the government or private.

B]The Environment[/B]
Some just want to stay in a property in a quiet uninterrupted environment and they will pay for it. While the others just want a dynamic environment. i.e Madison Square vs Maryland. Not to stereo type here but the elderly prefer a quieter place while younger singles/couples prefer places near good facilities.

mermaid
11-09-13, 13:48
what exactly is psf king? J gateway 1700, Echelon 2500psf? One Marina $4000psf?
my definition of psf king means either commanding the highest psf or among the highest across all projects.

So if J gateway is $1700psf (the highest in Jurong) while Echelon is 2500psf & One Marina is $4000psf, it is not considered a psf king according to my definition.

Ringo33
11-09-13, 14:02
my definition of psf king means either commanding the highest psf or among the highest across all projects.

So if J gateway is $1700psf (the highest in Jurong) while Echelon is 2500psf & One Marina is $4000psf, it is not considered a psf king according to my definition.

your definition is not important and neither is it worth discussing.

mermaid
11-09-13, 14:46
your definition is not important and neither is it worth discussing.

not impt den dun ask/quote me.
dun make yrself sound like an idiot .... zzzz ....

vovolversace
11-09-13, 15:41
Front office arm of most banks will remain in prime CBD area, no matter what happens. Back office will either be shifted out to other lower costing countries or resort to Changi Business Park and other places with much cheaper rental. JLD is not attractive to both ends of the banks. But if you are referring bank as those local bank branches, I wouldn't be surprised they set up branches at JLD. But that's a different story.:D

:tsk-tsk:,if u don't know lots of big companies have offices in the suburb areas in USA.Don't you know that Jurong East also have Business Park.Why just those companies resort to Changi Business Park?

vanan75
11-09-13, 16:14
:tsk-tsk:,if u don't know lots of big companies have offices in the suburb areas in USA.Don't you know that Jurong East also have Business Park.Why just those companies resort to Changi Business Park?

Backend Service
Changi has already has established IT backend service development. Also, we can’t compare with bigger countries as they have more room to expand. For examples Seattle is unique for IT companies because of the universities and a young population. So in a larger country cities evolve to take their place on specific industry. For example Hyderabad; India for Pharmaceutical and IT. If you go Europe, many cities represent different niche of industry.

Jurong carving its own niche
For Jurong, if we can have more theme parks based industry and more IT companies it will be great. As NTU is near IT greenhouse development can take place and with the science centre and lakeside development, more theme parks developed would make the place unique.
Whatever it is, Jurong has to carve its own uniqueness within the island. It has to be vibrant and constantly evolving.

astroboy8681
11-09-13, 16:22

conservatively 4-5%?? Please don't crack me up... lmfao!

Geylang/Sims/Guillemard/Farrer/Balestier/St Michael/P. Pasir MMs conservatively 4-5% i agree... J Gateway bought at current price 4-5% you can be quite a dreamer...

keyword : conservatively

i seriously can find no "faults" with you as a "being"

clemdale24
11-09-13, 16:33

Geylang/Sims/Guillemard/Farrer/Balestier/St Michael/P. Pasir MMs conservatively 4-5% i agree... J Gateway bought at current price 4-5% you can be quite a dreamer...

LIKE.:D:D:D

Ringo33
11-09-13, 18:21

Have you consider looking up URA rental transaction of the condo like Caspian in district 22 before giving us all that nonsensical comments which you cannot back up with FACTS.

little boy, better do some homework before commenting lah.

vovolversace
11-09-13, 19:14
Backend Service
Changi has already has established IT backend service development. Also, we can’t compare with bigger countries as they have more room to expand. For examples Seattle is unique for IT companies because of the universities and a young population. So in a larger country cities evolve to take their place on specific industry. For example Hyderabad; India for Pharmaceutical and IT. If you go Europe, many cities represent different niche of industry.

Jurong carving its own niche
For Jurong, if we can have more theme parks based industry and more IT companies it will be great. As NTU is near IT greenhouse development can take place and with the science centre and lakeside development, more theme parks developed would make the place unique.
Whatever it is, Jurong has to carve its own uniqueness within the island. It has to be vibrant and constantly evolving.

okok.niche is good and important anyways.

SNRL
11-09-13, 19:34
Btw I don't retract what I say about a pty. Imo Centris is still a cock condo to live, as what I mentioned way back in 2009. The same goes for Caspian.

I can smell something very "SOUR"!!

SNRL
11-09-13, 20:02
who said ''Btw my tenant told me he enjoys the view of bt timah hill n mbs from the living room French window of the unit, u hv any such views at j gateway?'' is it a cockroach or a dog or a ghost said that? i know you will change topic again.:beats-me-man: haiz,you die liao also will not want to change your character.haiz,hard to deal with you this kind miserable people.

Yes, think is better to "STOP" interaction with such miserable person. Totally ignore him :D

felicia_sg
11-09-13, 22:25
Caspian what price in $psf now? What is the rental in $psf?

Have you consider looking up URA rental transaction of the condo like Caspian in district 22 before giving us all that nonsensical comments which you cannot back up with FACTS.

mermaid
11-09-13, 23:15

if one is not able to fantasize a rental yield of 4%, how is he going to convince himself to commit to a purchase J gateway in the 1st place?

Wunderkind
11-09-13, 23:23
Wonder what the govt will do with the piece of land that is currently used as temporary bus interchange and situated in front of the JE MRT once it is moved to the other side ?

Is it gazetted for mixed development site ?

Autumnwinds
11-09-13, 23:30

Huh current price, future price? The price which you just bought at today has already factored in the future price. :D:D

CCROCR
12-09-13, 00:03

4-5% rental yield is very good, as my CCR property is getting 5% yield base on MTM price. If J Gateway can get 4-5% yield, I am sure there is capital appreciation. Anyway, property in the long term will always go up, what's more for J Gateway which has JLD development.

astroboy8681
12-09-13, 00:08

you seriously tickled me to the core lmfaoAGAIN

you see young man, i finished my work, entertained my client with dinner, took him out for a spin in my speckle-free sparkling clean convertible before coming back to dip in my private jacuzzi & relax. I don't position my straight ass in front of a lappy like you and be a keyboard warrior 24/7... i have a life, i hope you have one too, if not soon...

your rebuttals bother along the line of mediocrity sometimes. how to back up with URA data when yourself "predicted" 4 years rental down the road, aren't you mind-boggling... or what some forummers call you ~ twist & turn

you see young man, you have a long way to go just like me... congrats if you bought J gateway but please refrain from painting picture-perfect clear blue skies of JLD, you know i know everyone knows it really isn't... yet. if it does one day, other more prime areas would have caught up even more so to speak...

humility goes a long way, learn to eat some humble pie else may just end up suck thumb...

good night :)

mermaid
12-09-13, 09:49
4-5% rental yield is very good, as my CCR property is getting 5% yield base on MTM price. If J Gateway can get 4-5% yield, I am sure there is capital appreciation. Anyway, property in the long term will always go up, what's more for J Gateway which has JLD development.

definitely nothing surprising to find CCR yielding a return of 4-5% in rental. in fact many OCR projects can yield tis rate too, simply becos their quantum r small.

the current resale price for a shoebox in Caspian cost ard $550k - 650k hence it is not hard to expect a 5% rental yield. However the same cannot be said for J gateway when the initial purchase price alone aldy cost around $700k-$850k.

if one expect a tenant to match the 5% yield simply becos one has paid a higher price for it, I would say tat one is simply being delusional.

Ringo33
12-09-13, 10:20
you seriously tickled me to the core lmfaoAGAIN

you see young man, i finished my work, entertained my client with dinner, took him out for a spin in my speckle-free sparkling clean convertible before coming back to dip in my private jacuzzi & relax. I don't position my straight ass in front of a lappy like you and be a keyboard warrior 24/7... i have a life, i hope you have one too, if not soon...

your rebuttals bother along the line of mediocrity sometimes. how to back up with URA data when yourself "predicted" 4 years rental down the road, aren't you mind-boggling... or what some forummers call you ~ twist & turn

you see young man, you have a long way to go just like me... congrats if you bought J gateway but please refrain from painting picture-perfect clear blue skies of JLD, you know i know everyone knows it really isn't... yet. if it does one day, other more prime areas would have caught up even more so to speak...

humility goes a long way, learn to eat some humble pie else may just end up suck thumb...

good night :)

Please spare us with all the wonderful entertainer stories of yours and its pointless trying to tell us all the whistle and bells because that is a sure sign of someone lack of substance in their argument and trying to overcome that with self proclaim success and wealth.

Like I always say, if you want to convince us, please show us the numbers and dont waste time tell us how great and mighty you are being an entertainer.

Like i said, small boy better get facts right before commenting.

Ringo33
12-09-13, 10:21
definitely nothing surprising to find CCR yielding a return of 4-5% in rental. in fact many OCR projects can yield tis rate too, simply becos their quantum r small.

the current resale price for a shoebox in Caspian cost ard $550k - 650k hence it is not hard to expect a 5% rental yield. However the same cannot be said for J gateway when the initial purchase price alone aldy cost around $700k-$850k.

if one expect a tenant to match the 5% yield simply becos one has paid a higher price for it, I would say tat one is simply being delusional.

Can you name me 10 development in CCR that is commanding 4-5% rental yield at today's price?

Talk is cheap until you get to work.

Ringo33
12-09-13, 10:23
Wonder what the govt will do with the piece of land that is currently used as temporary bus interchange and situated in front of the JE MRT once it is moved to the other side ?

Is it gazetted for mixed development site ?

It will the the JRL station and possibly the train station for the High Speed Rail that runs from KL to Singapore. On top of that, there will be another shopping mall.

mermaid
12-09-13, 10:36
Can you name me 10 development in CCR that is commanding 4-5% rental yield at today's price?

Talk is cheap until you get to work.

no, there is no development in CCR/RCR tat command a rental yield of 4-5%. only those in Jurong, particularly J gateway is able to achieve tat. As per wat u hv prophesied, J gateway will achieve one of the highest rental yield in Singapore when it TOP in 2016/7.

Does tat makes u at least a little comforted? :)

actually we r not vested in J gateway, neither r we yr potential tenants/buyers when J gateway TOPed. Hence, there is no nid to try all means to convince us on how u visioned u wanna J gateway to be.

As much as we do not want to crash yr illusion of J gateway being a psf leader in sg, we oso do not wan to look stupid/silly/idiotic/dumb by singing along with u simply to make u feel happier.

Hope u get my drift and stop posing me such intelligent qns which makes me look stupid merely by responding to u.

astroboy8681
12-09-13, 10:39
Please spare us with all the wonderful entertainer stories of yours and its pointless trying to tell us all the whistle and bells because that is a sure sign of someone lack of substance in their argument and trying to overcome that with self proclaim success and wealth.

Like I always say, if you want to convince us, please show us the numbers and dont waste time tell us how great and mighty you are being an entertainer.

Like i said, small boy better get facts right before commenting.

one doesn't need to back up with facts when debating with a delusional narrow minded obsessive compulsive disorder queer who "projects" 4 years rental rate down the road :)

J gateway when TOP conservatively 4-5% rental yield, you really had me big time when you said conservatively (can't stop rolling on floor, "cringed", literally an embarrassment to my staffs)

i'm usually not an argumentative person but had to dealing with "faultless being"

hope your thumbs/fingers doesn't get sore being a keyboard warrior (like D'leedon in holland area) hahaha

cheers and hopefully a life beckons along the horizon for you

chirpy & cheerful astroboy

Ringo33
12-09-13, 11:02
one doesn't need to back up with facts when debating with a delusional narrow minded obsessive compulsive disorder queer who "projects" 4 years rental rate down the road :)

J gateway when TOP conservatively 4-5% rental yield, you really had me big time when you said conservatively (can't stop rolling on floor, "cringed", literally an embarrassment to my staffs)

i'm usually not an argumentative person but had to dealing with "faultless being"

hope your thumbs/fingers doesn't get sore being a keyboard warrior (like D'leedon in holland area) hahaha

cheers and hopefully a life beckons along the horizon for you

chirpy & cheerful astroboy

Oh, so little boy is saying FACTS are no longer important, we just need to listen to what the entertainer say.

Dude, learn to grow up lah, if you are not interest in facts, then how do you know what you said is correct, then how are you going to learn. Is that the reason why you end up being an entertainer?

CCROCR
12-09-13, 11:11

Recent Caspian shoebox price $626,888, 463sqf, low floor(01 to 05) 1,354psf done on May-12. In terms of location, J Gateway is better. Of course, price is higher. Just like higher floors will definitely cost more, easier to rent and sell, and quieter for own stay.

Ringo33
12-09-13, 11:13
no, there is no development in CCR/RCR tat command a rental yield of 4-5%. only those in Jurong, particularly J gateway is able to achieve tat. As per wat u hv prophesied, J gateway will achieve one of the highest rental yield in Singapore when it TOP in 2016/7.

Does tat makes u at least a little comforted? :)

actually we r not vested in J gateway, neither r we yr potential tenants/buyers when J gateway TOPed. Hence, there is no nid to try all means to convince us on how u visioned u wanna J gateway to be.

As much as we do not want to crash yr illusion of J gateway being a psf leader in sg, we oso do not wan to look stupid/silly/idiotic/dumb by singing along with u simply to make u feel happier.

Hope u get my drift and stop posing me such intelligent qns which makes me look stupid merely by responding to u.

I am so surprise that you cant back up what you said.
Isnt that surprising?

Toa Pao Sien??

definitely nothing surprising to find CCR yielding a return of 4-5% in rental.

CCROCR
12-09-13, 11:20
It will the the JRL station and possibly the train station for the High Speed Rail that runs from KL to Singapore. On top of that, there will be another shopping mall.

I expect another condo there, no?
Anyway, tks for the info.

Ringo33
12-09-13, 11:41
I expect another condo there, no?
Anyway, tks for the info.

its a white site, so it will be shopping mall, perhaps cum office.
There is another smaller condo plot under zoned reserve site right next to J Gateway on the other side of the MRT track.

astroboy8681
12-09-13, 17:43
Oh, so little boy is saying FACTS are no longer important, we just need to listen to what the entertainer say.

Dude, learn to grow up lah, if you are not interest in facts, then how do you know what you said is correct, then how are you going to learn. Is that the reason why you end up being an entertainer?

faintzzz, i just got back from a sumptuous lunch entertained by my supplier and here i read you spewing baseless assumptions again...

how to present FACT on this matter when you use your "celestial powers" to project 4 years down the road rental price for J Gate???

young man i really don't have time and don't enjoy debating with you any longer...

you "win", you are "faultless", you are all that you wish we assume you "to be"

i wish you a good life

Ringo33
12-09-13, 18:03
faintzzz, i just got back from a sumptuous lunch entertained by my supplier and here i read you spewing baseless assumptions again...

how to present FACT on this matter when you use your "celestial powers" to project 4 years down the road rental price for J Gate???

young man i really don't have time and don't enjoy debating with you any longer...

you "win", you are "faultless", you are all that you wish we assume you "to be"

i wish you a good life

Caspian is the ONLY project in district 22 that has got MM apartment, and based on the rental rate at Caspian, one can easily project the rent for J gateway because of its far more superior location.

If you dont agree, you could always dispute this claim by giving us facts to support your argument, instead of tell us who you are entertaining

Perhaps you should spend less time on entertainment and enrich yourself with facts and knowledge.

Regulators
12-09-13, 18:46
A few jokers renting mm in caspian does not mean the entire jurong is in demand for mm. If ppl can rent a decent three bedroom unit for $3k plus n dont hv to cook by the doorway , why do they need to squeeze themselves into a tiny space for just slightly less rental n cook by the doorway n sun their clothes in the supersized balcony?
Caspian is the ONLY project in district 22 that has got MM apartment, and based on the rental rate at Caspian, one can easily project the rent for J gateway because of its far more superior location.

If you dont agree, you could always dispute this claim by giving us facts to support your argument, instead of tell us who you are entertaining

Perhaps you should spend less time on entertainment and enrich yourself with facts and knowledge.

Ringo33
12-09-13, 20:47
A few jokers renting mm in caspian does not mean the entire jurong is in demand for mm. If ppl can rent a decent three bedroom unit for $3k plus n dont hv to cook by the doorway , why do they need to squeeze themselves into a tiny space for just slightly less rental n cook by the doorway n sun their clothes in the supersized balcony?

dont waste you time lah. no one will believe what you said.

vanan75
13-09-13, 11:32
okok.niche is good and important anyways.

There is one question on having a high psf for OCR developments in our Island. Does, the amount of money bit by developers, for a parcel of land goes to the investment to be made into the infrastructure of that development ? A property value is affected by the location and the types of infrastructure it has.

Wunderkind
14-09-13, 18:40
Have you ever stood on the side of NTF hospital & Jurong Hospital and look across the road towards Big Box, JEM, Westgate and upcoming J Gateway ?

Have you ever stood on the JE MRT and look across towards JTC Summit, J Cube and the upcoming Genting Hotel ?

Just Imagine the Possibilities !

ay123
16-09-13, 16:35
saw the empty land beside jurong point was fence up. is there any plan for that?? anyone know??

RCT
16-09-13, 16:44
dont waste you time lah. no one will believe what you said.

I think he is saying the correct thing.. I already know a few expat (Single) but prefer to rent a 5 room hdb flat than MM condo.. To them, it just do not make sense to pay so much for a MM condo when you can rent a bigger hdb flat at a similar rate. You must know, expat are not sucker also.. They also know how to compare and get the best value deals.

Trigger
16-09-13, 17:02
I think he is saying the correct thing.. I already know a few expat (Single) but prefer to rent a 5 room hdb flat than MM condo.. To them, it just do not make sense to pay so much for a MM condo when you can rent a bigger hdb flat at a similar rate. You must know, expat are not sucker also.. They also know how to compare and get the best value deals.

So who are renting the MMs?

azeoprop
18-09-13, 23:03
Ceiling collasped in Jem Mall! :eek::tsk-tsk:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1234058_10151652996372934_942451963_n.jpg

teddybear
18-09-13, 23:05
I already said the west dragon is dead, replaced by the west you know what, that is why you keep seeing strange and bad news like below! :scared-1:

Ceiling collasped in Jem Mall! :eek::tsk-tsk:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1234058_10151652996372934_942451963_n.jpg

Ringo33
19-09-13, 10:14
This could be a result of rush work. JEM is closed today, but the western dragon is still alive and smoking. Just get ready for some major announcements in the next few month.

Beware

DC33_2008
19-09-13, 10:17
Feng Shui not very good here. So many incidents had happened.
I already said the west dragon is dead, replaced by the west you know what, that is why you keep seeing strange and bad news like below! :scared-1:

august
19-09-13, 10:57
When is MND and BCA moving to their new office? lol

mermaid
19-09-13, 10:59
When is MND and BCA moving to their new office? lol

lol ... u r so ooooo wicked! :D

Regulators
19-09-13, 17:27
They better make sure jgateway built on solid foundation :scared-4:

Ringo33
19-09-13, 17:58
We have here a bunch of blind mice who are totally clueless about what they are talking about but somehow miraculously they could manage to convince themselves that they know so much.

The ceiling that collapse at Jem is actually a FALSE ceiling, something that is mounted on the ceiling wall, and according to BCA, they suspect this is caused by water leakage. Water water get absorb into the false ceiling, weight accumulate, and the mounting gave way.

And here was have, people talking about end of the world for JLD vision, "foundation" :doh:, Fengshui etc.

So let see how long this bunch of blind mice could continue talking about nonsense among themselves

Regulators
19-09-13, 19:35
Actually I must say jem has a good mix of shops n restaurants , only issue I hv is with the terrible factory grade flooring n I believe that speaks a lot about the contractor used for the building. I am not surprised the ceiling collapsed with lousy materials used

vanan75
23-09-13, 16:31
Any picture of j-Gateway construction progress??

sunrise
24-09-13, 14:47

why don't you rent a room opposite gateway and you can check on the progress everyday? don't worry big jump in price.

joelx
24-09-13, 15:07
Actually I must say jem has a good mix of shops n restaurants , only issue I hv is with the terrible factory grade flooring n I believe that speaks a lot about the contractor used for the building. I am not surprised the ceiling collapsed with lousy materials used

I must agree with you this round. Their flooring really cannot make it, some are yellowish, some discolored, and some with stain. might as well put bricks.

SNRL
24-09-13, 17:31

Here you go :)

Wunderkind
28-09-13, 12:42
Saw today news of PM Lee's condolence to Tang I fang , the architect of Jurong 's transformation. Was impressed that PM mentioned that Tang I fang was a man whose thinking is far ahead of his time. Decades ago, he has already dreamed up of JLD to transform Jurong into the next regional business hub.

I am sure PM Lee in paying his respect will make that wish come true. Quote" Mr Tang was absolutely RIGHT about the strategic direction, but was ahead of his time" unquote. Ongoing efforts to transform Jurong into Jurong Lake District reflect many of Mr Tang original ideas.

This is testimony that J. Gateway investment is secure as it is backed by the late Mr Tang I fang and fully supported by our PM himself.

Good luck , J gateway owners!

Vpromax
29-09-13, 09:30
SV in bishan is cheaper than J gateway:banghead::tsk-tsk:....
Good luck R...:2cents:

Ringo33
29-09-13, 09:42
SV in bishan is cheaper than J gateway:banghead::tsk-tsk:....
Good luck R...:2cents:

SV is cheaper? Say who?

Singapore government doesnt believe in luck, they get capable people to make things happen.

30-09-13, 20:25
Extracted the following info from squarefoot research for J Gateway:

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 66.7%, PR 0.0%, FOREIGNER 33.3%, COMPANY 0.0%

BUYER PROFILE BY PURCHASER ADDRESS#
HDB 53.3%, PRIVATE 46.7%

It is interesting that the proportion of buyers who are foreigners is quite high for a project deemed "lousy" by many in this forum....LOL. Let's not forget they would have to pay 15% ABSD. Also noted about half of the buyers had a private address (not too different from other recent new launches).

Just to compare with other selected new launches:

Hillion Residences:

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 91.0%, PR 7.3%, FOREIGNER 1.7%, COMPANY 0.0%

HDB 49.7%, PRIVATE 50.3%

Foresque Residences:

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 79.9%, PR 12.4%, FOREIGNER 7.7%, COMPANY 0.0%

HDB 48.2%, PRIVATE 51.8%

Seahill:

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 77.9%, PR 10.1%, FOREIGNER 12.0%, COMPANY 0.0%

HDB 41.7%, PRIVATE 58.3%

eCo:

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 73.8%, PR 15.8%, FOREIGNER 10.1%, COMPANY 0.3%

HDB 35.9%, PRIVATE 64.1%

Urban Vista:

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 85.2%, PR 11.4%, FOREIGNER 3.1%, COMPANY 0.3%

HDB 55.2%, PRIVATE 44.8%

30-09-13, 20:40
Price range info extracted from squarefoot research for selected new launches:

J Gateway
INDICATIVE PRICE RANGE / AVERAGE*
$1,239 - $1,774 PSF / $1,487 PSF

Foresque Residences
$1,064 - $1,499 PSF / $1,309 PSF

Hillion Residences
$1,225 - $1,698 PSF / $1,370 PSF

Seahill
$1,617 - $1,865 PSF / $1,771 PSF

eCo
$1,302 - $1,649 PSF / $1,416 PSF

Urban Vista
$1,193 - $1,763 PSF / $1,495 PSF

While I agree it is very difficult to compare any two projects due to the varying condo features, the number of units and their mix, different launch dates and obviously the different locations, the prices achieved is a decent indication of their value relative to other projects.

Ringo33
30-09-13, 21:07
Extracted the following info from squarefoot research for J Gateway:

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 66.7%, PR 0.0%, FOREIGNER 33.3%, COMPANY 0.0%

HDB 53.3%, PRIVATE 46.7%

It is interesting that the proportion of buyers who are foreigners is quite high for a project deemed "lousy" by many in this forum....LOL. Let's not forget they would have to pay 15% ABSD. Also noted about half of the buyers had a private address (not too different from other recent new launches).

Great info and it certain help burst many myths about JG buyer profile.

Allthepies
30-09-13, 21:12
This is great news. Let wait for Bishan Sky Vue profile. I bet close to 100% Singaporeans, cause only Singaporeans know that Bishan is "superior".

30-09-13, 21:19
Just to explain the rationale for selecting these projects for comparison:
- All are 99 years LH project with leases starting from 2011 and 2012 so at least there is some common base for comparison.
- These projects have most of their units sold.
- eCo and Urban Vista are near Tanah Merah MRT station, which is about the same travelling time to Raffles Place as Jurong East. Like J Gateway, they are on the EW line.
- Foresque Residences and Seahill are not near MRT stations (define as within 10 mins walk) but that hasn't deterred buyers and both projects manage to achieve very good prices.
- Hillion Residences has got a high proportion of small units in its unit mix, not too different from J Gateway. Like J Gateway, it is very near to an (upcoming) MRT station (i.e. DTL2 Bukit Panjang station). Also like J Gateway, it is near to shopping amenities. In terms of travelling time by MRT, I think it will take slightly longer to reach, say Promenade station, as compared to travelling from Jurong East and Tanah Merah to Raffles Place.

Base on the above, I do think the prices achieved by J Gateway appears to be fair, at least relative to the projects mentioned.