PDA

View Full Version : JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

mcmlxxvi
28-06-13, 19:11
Congrats to all JG buyers. Bigger congrats to all property owners!!!!!

HUATttttttttt times are ahead of us!

Ringo33
28-06-13, 19:13
I was there around 10am today. Very chaotic and tentage full of people. Multiple units/Penthouse gt priority to purchase at 9am. Balloting started close to 11am. Lucky my number was called around 12pm and very lucky(or so i think) to get my preferred units stack 08 (3 bedders) at high floor. Think balloting continued all the way til 1700hours though 2 bedders were sold out around 1pm. Next to be sold out were the 3 bedders. Only around 1900hours then get to sign the Form 3. I got it at around 1460psf.
congrats...stack 08 is good facing. huat ah..

Dont need to worry about noise. LTA will sure to install sound barrier along that stretch.

Next time you can la kopi with Khaw Boon Wan at JLD

CondoWE
28-06-13, 19:16
super high floor. What is the psf?

My agent said left 34-06 and 34-09, 85,9500.

oops
28-06-13, 19:17
Its a no brainer success by govt to attract billions of investment to JLD..

Ringo33
28-06-13, 19:20
My agent said left 34-06 and 34-09, 85,9500.

Type Aa 484 sqft = $1775 psf

henryhk
28-06-13, 19:21
I was there around 10am today. Very chaotic and tentage full of people. Multiple units/Penthouse gt priority to purchase at 9am. Balloting started close to 11am. Lucky my number was called around 12pm and very lucky(or so i think) to get my preferred units stack 08 (3 bedders) at high floor. Think balloting continued all the way til 1700hours though 2 bedders were sold out around 1pm. Next to be sold out were the 3 bedders. Only around 1900hours then get to sign the Form 3. I got it at around 1460psf.
Congrats to u.....May I ask u need to pay ABSD?

Ringo33
28-06-13, 19:27

Does it really matter if he pay or not?

skins
28-06-13, 19:36

Nv pay ABSD. This is bought under my sis name and her first property.

skins
28-06-13, 19:38
congrats...stack 08 is good facing. huat ah..

Dont need to worry about noise. LTA will sure to install sound barrier along that stretch.

Next time you can la kopi with Khaw Boon Wan at JLD

Yup.. I aiming stack 07/08 since the day i visited showflat. I figured noise will be a matter of getting used to since Ascentia Sky/Metropolitan owners also the same and i think facing the New Jurong lake and their upcoming development will be a good thing.

skins
28-06-13, 19:39
According to the agent, she said today was based on sales discount of about 22%. Dunno true or not since no more units left to sell to public tomorrow. (Maybe 1 bedders with not so good facing?)

Ringo33
28-06-13, 19:41
Yup.. I aiming stack 07/08 since the day i visited showflat. I figured noise will be a matter of getting used to since Ascentia Sky/Metropolitan owners also the same and i think facing the New Jurong lake and their upcoming development will be a good thing.

Dont worry, the one who is going to complain about the noise more will be those big wig working above Westgate and JEM. You think KBW wont ring up LTA and say TUCK YEW lah, why so noisy, can do something?

henryhk
28-06-13, 19:42
Nv pay ABSD. This is bought under my sis name and her first property.
Ok thanks, ya ABSD is a wet blanket, giving $ to the garment

sillyme
28-06-13, 19:53
According to the agent, she said today was based on sales discount of about 22%. Dunno true or not since no more units left to sell to public tomorrow. (Maybe 1 bedders with not so good facing?)

think this will be the most fair sales cos everyone only enjoyed 22% discount :)

ecimbew
28-06-13, 19:54

Very insightful info for reporters

Vpromax
28-06-13, 20:46
Impressive:scared-4: :scared-4: Will new CM coming soon:beats-me-man:

skins
28-06-13, 20:48

already out :(

princess_morbucks
28-06-13, 20:48

It just came in the form of loan curbs.

Mu
28-06-13, 20:49

New CM oredi here.

All thanks to these off the chart prices:(

princess_morbucks
28-06-13, 20:50
But J gateway did not collect any money from potential buyers yet, right?
If can't qualify, then at most take back the blank cheque, isn't it?
Nothing lost, right?

nicole2008
28-06-13, 21:03
Left 2 units of 1BR (484sqft) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

fiat500
28-06-13, 21:17
New CM oredi here.

All thanks to these off the chart prices:(
A housing agent i spoke to said it's not a cooling measure!
She said in fact it's good news for some.. :beats-me-man:

Ringo33
28-06-13, 21:18
A housing agent i spoke to said it's not a cooling measure!
She said in fact it's good news for some.. :beats-me-man:

good news for those who have bought it today I guess.

sunboy77
28-06-13, 21:22
Ok it's confirmed!!!

Last 1-bedder on 34th floor done at 910pm.

FULLY SOLD! FULLY SOLD! FULLY SOLD!!!!!!!!!

Ringo33
28-06-13, 21:24
You have been warned...

the west dragon is awaken.

From the perspective of fengshui, Jurong, located in the western part of Singapore, falls into the category of the western dragon. According to WayOnNet Group's Top Notch Fengshui Master Tan, Western dragon is the most beautiful dragon of the five dragons. It starts from Tuas and ends at Pearl's Hill. This piece of land is also the "Land of the Flower Basket" which is also where the Golden Boy and Jade Girl fell in love. The "Land of Flower Basket" lies within the lake- Chinese and Japanese Garden and Tang Dynasty. From the perspective of fengshui, Singapore's western dragon belongs to the metal element and is therefore advantageous to the technical profession. Thus, Jurong Industrial Park is seen as well suited for light industrial activities.

The purity and simplicity of the Jurong district linger despite the introduction of the industrial sector. Traffic jams are minimal in the morning and is smoother towards the evening. Several well-known learning institutions such as National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic gather in the West as well. The scenery is magnificent but unfortunately, many people fail to notice its aura. Furthermore, the Jurong district is currently experiencing a poor luck cycle in today's fortune 8 and thus has failed to develop to its best. Given its unfavourable fengshui, an allowance of at least ten to fifteen years is required for better luck to come by. Coincidentally, in ten to fifteen years, the new Jurong district will be evolved.

Till date, luxurious shopping districts, hotels, cafes and entertainment are still lacking in the West. As Jurong has been emphasizing too much on industrialization, it has overlooked those areas, which promise bright prospects. Jurong possesses the necessary conditions to be developed into a business and entertainment district. It would also be ideal if cars will be allowed to enter Lakeside, where all the entertainment lies, to ease transportation and create convenience among the people. Now is a good time to seize the opportunity to start investing in Jurong as its properties are still relatively cheap. Once the development is completed and luck starts picking up, property prices will also soar.

phantom_opera
28-06-13, 21:33
unfortunately this dragon awakens MAS :rolleyes:

nicole2008
28-06-13, 21:47
Ok it's confirmed!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

ecimbew
28-06-13, 22:11
Ok it's confirmed!!!

Clap clap clap clap
Very hot

yowetan
28-06-13, 22:18
There will be a lot of return units tomorrow.

Fire sales is coming.

Crash has arrived.

Dreams have shattered.

Mu
28-06-13, 22:19
There will be a lot of return units tomorrow.

Fire sales is coming.

Crash has arrived.

Dreams have shattered.

Maybe if u sign OTP today, no affected? Can someone clarify? I look through MAS website cannot find:beats-me-man:

yowetan
28-06-13, 22:22
Maybe if u sign OTP today, no affected? Can someone clarify? I look through MAS website cannot find:beats-me-man:

I am unsure, as my interest is in Mt Sinai.

But I do believe this latest CM will tamper J gateway, and kill off Hill View Peak.

Mo gu
28-06-13, 22:25
You have been warned...

Time to buy ccr now...

riverfish
28-06-13, 22:28
One drastic anouncement after another, we are going to see a real cooling of the property market in no time.

Thanks to J Gateway yah.

Lovelle
28-06-13, 22:31
Ha ha - a reminder to Capitaland - no need to get celebrity architect for a project !!!

A punishment for not building mm in sh ....

Autumnwinds
28-06-13, 22:31
Madhouse today... Really a madhouse, no room to breathe at all.

Congrats to all buyers though

fiat500
28-06-13, 22:32
Suddenly all the hype n euphoria of j gateway is gone!
Many buyers who bought start panicking now!

yiguang2001
28-06-13, 22:35
Suddenly all the hype n euphoria of j gateway is gone!
Many buyers who bought start panicking now!

Sian~~~. Worst case I will lose 3 months of salary. What to do?

yowetan
28-06-13, 22:37

I feel for you.

But those who bought Hill View Peak will have plentiful of worries now. The developer may belly up.

august
28-06-13, 22:41

Why? shouldn't u have settled the paperwork by today?

Autumnwinds
28-06-13, 22:43

He's meaning = forfeit 1.25% deposit.

:D :D :D :D :D

Mu
28-06-13, 22:44
He's meaning = forfeit 5% deposit.

No, 25% of the 5%

Autumnwinds
28-06-13, 22:45
No, 25% of the 5%

Hehe, I realised that before your post. See above.

august
28-06-13, 22:47
He's meaning = forfeit 1.25% deposit.

Why forfeit? the cooling measure only effective tomorrow. The OTP should already be signed just now.

proud owner
28-06-13, 22:47

why shud u worry ?

you already bought right ?

Autumnwinds
28-06-13, 22:48
Why forfeit? the cooling measure only effective tomorrow. The OTP should already be signed just now.

You sign OTP today, can still choose not to exercise ma.

yowetan
28-06-13, 22:51
Signed OTP is equivalent consent to purchase.

So, those who sign today before 0000hr will be spared from this CM?

Even if they successfully circumvent this situation, who will/can buy from them in future?

Mu
28-06-13, 22:52

It is OTP or Offer letter that counts?? I looks through MAS website cannot find...

Autumnwinds
28-06-13, 22:53
Signed OTP is equivalent consent to purchase.

So, those who sign today before 0000hr will be spared from this CM?

Even if they successfully circumvent this situation, who will/can buy from them in future?

How is this 60% cap of monthly installment a big measure? I think you'd be nuts to commit 60% of your income.

akow
28-06-13, 22:53

No, OTP signed today has no effect. Unless the buyer has secured bank loan by today. New rules for home loan takes effect from tomorrow.
And the fact that announcement for new rules was made at about 7PM today, means there is no time buffer from buyer to successfully secure loan by today.

Autumnwinds
28-06-13, 22:57
No, OTP signed today has no effect. Unless the buyer has secured bank loan by today. New rules for home loan takes effect from tomorrow.
And the fact that announcement for new rules was made at about 7PM today, means there is no time buffer from buyer to successfully secure loan by today.

I'm wondering, was this measure introduced specifically cause of this project?

If so, is the garmen trying to create firesales?

Mu
28-06-13, 22:57

where did u get this from? care to share? can copy and paste from your source? I look through all sources cannot find this...Even hear CNA also they nvr say...Other CMs were very clear....They mention that OTP signed before CM date will be safe.....

I feel highly unlikely that they arrow those ppl who buy today lei...Most won't sign their offer letter today...if cannot meet requirements, how? Cannot be so unfair rite??

august
28-06-13, 22:58

Shouldn't the bank loan look at the date of signed OTP?

sillyme
28-06-13, 23:00
I think this is not very fair to the buyers of J Gateway, who have spent almost the whole day to purchase their choice units. Some days of grace should be given to genuine buyers who were caught by surprise today. Every buyer is using their hard earned money to invest in a quality property for the future.

yiguang2001
28-06-13, 23:01

The ruling is not on OTP, but loan application date.

august
28-06-13, 23:01
I'm wondering, was this measure introduced specifically cause of this project?

If so, is the garmen trying to create firesales?

No firesale. Returned units will be eagerly snapped up by those who did not get to ballot.

fiat500
28-06-13, 23:04
No firesale. Returned units will be eagerly snapped up by those who did not get to ballot.
Many who did not get a unit today will feel relieved..:rolleyes:

yiguang2001
28-06-13, 23:06
The question is the Approval in Principle. The rule are not that clear on that. If the bank has approve my loan amount, can they back down and lower it?

yiguang2001
The question is the Approval in Principle. The rule are not that clear on that. If the bank has approve my loan amount, can they back down and lower it?

yowetan

The question here is how many people has the money to draw down to pay for the J gateway when the new rule is so impactful.

sillyme
28-06-13, 23:12
The question here is how many people has the money to draw down to pay for the J gateway when the new rule is so impactful.

I have no idea, looking forward to reading the newspaper tomorrow to find out more. What a day it is today.

august
28-06-13, 23:14

I dont think the latest rule is as impactful as the previous one.

yowetan
28-06-13, 23:16
I dont think the latest rule is as impactful as the previous one.

It is weeding out the speculator(s) as what many forummers here pointed out.

akow
28-06-13, 23:17
Shouldn't the bank loan look at the date of signed OTP?

Please refer to MAS website:
http://www.mas.gov.sg/FAQs.aspx

There is a pdf file for FAQ on the new-rules.

There are exceptions for re-financing case.
But generally the pdf stated : "The TDSR rules will apply to loans where the application date is on or after 29 June 2013."

Mu
28-06-13, 23:18

But generally the pdf stated : "The TDSR rules will apply to loans where the application date is on or after 29 June 2013."

Its clear now...thanks

Autumnwinds
28-06-13, 23:20

My mistake, I mistook the date

august
28-06-13, 23:22

wow, bummer ....

akow
28-06-13, 23:23
Could it be possible to secure the bank loans by tomorrow?

The FAQ pdf file states: "The TDSR rules will apply to loans where the application date is on or after 29June 2013."

Tomorrow is 29 June, so I think the new rule will apply.

kane
28-06-13, 23:23
So will there be shoppers standing by tomorrow to see whether there are returned units to pick up?

yiguang2001
28-06-13, 23:24

Hi, just want to share something my agent told me. They got word from their head office. If you have secured your AIP from your bank, you are safe. Not so sure how accurate this is, but at least I can sleep easier.

akow
28-06-13, 23:26
So will there be shoppers standing by tomorrow to see whether there are returned units to pick up?

I think the developer had responded quickly to the new rule.

Since 9PM tonight, I saw a lot of TV advertisement channel 8/channel 5 on J-Gateway, that says application open to public tomorrow.

akow

Since 9PM tonight, I saw a lot of TV advertisement channel 8/channel 5 on J-Gateway, that says application open to public tomorrow.

Mu
Hi, just want to share something my agent told me. They got word from their head office. If you have secured your AIP from your bank, you are safe. Not so sure how accurate this is, but at least I can sleep easier.

AIP is not the same as application date...

yiguang2001
28-06-13, 23:32
AIP is not the same as application date...

I know. At this point of time I can only hope the government give some flexibility.

Best Case. Not affected.

Worst Case. lose 1.25%.

yowetan
28-06-13, 23:34
I know. At this point of time I can only hope the government give some flexibility.

Best Case. Not affected.

Worst Case. lose 1.25%.

Hi...what did you buy? 2 bedder or 3 bedder? Price? TIA.

august
28-06-13, 23:41

Best Case. Not affected.

Worst Case. lose 1.25%.

or u can ask the developer to give some flexibility.

Mu
28-06-13, 23:41
or u can ask the developer to give some flexibility.

very very hard......:beats-me-man:

august
28-06-13, 23:43
very very hard......:beats-me-man:

Interesting why people expect the govt to have flexibility but not the developer? This project has no shortage of buyers anyway from the look of it.

skins
28-06-13, 23:44
Seems like many bankers doing last minute approvals at the tentage for buyers.

august
28-06-13, 23:46
yiguang2001 what are you waiting for?? Where is your banker?

Autumnwinds
28-06-13, 23:46

Best Case. Not affected.

Worst Case. lose 1.25%.

I take it that you took the 60% loan? I think if the new ruling does apply to you, you probably could just reduce the loan amount and top up more cash.

kane
28-06-13, 23:49

They are already activating plan B...

Mu
28-06-13, 23:50
yiguang2001 what are you waiting for?? Where is your banker?

Faster faster just go there find banker anyone also can

ecimbew
28-06-13, 23:52
It just came in the form of loan curbs.

One hour ago at 10.52pm, 28 Jun 2013

Singapore introduces new property loan curbs - Yahoo! Singapore Finance

Singapore's central bank announced on Friday new rules that limit the size of* property loans financial institutions can grant to individual buyers.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore said in a statement that, from Saturday, financial institutions should not grant any property loan that exceeds a total debt servicing ratio (TDSR) of 60 per cent.

Loans granted above that threshold will be considered "imprudent", it said.

The TDSR framework will require financial institutions to take into account borrowers' other outstanding debt obligations when granting property loans.

The move is to "encourage financial prudence among borrowers" and strengthen credit underwriting practices, MAS explained.

Under the new rules, financial institutions will be required to compute the TDSR, or the percentage of total monthly debt obligations to gross monthly income, on a consistent basis.

The TDSR will apply to loans for the individual's purchase of all types of property, loans secured on property and the re-financing of all such loans.

The central bank also tightened rules on the application of loan-to-value limits.

Among others, it will require borrowers named on a property loan to be the mortgagors of the residential property for which the loan is taken.

The refinements are designed to ensure the effectiveness of LTV limits put in place to cool investment demand in the housing market, MAS said.

The announcement of the new property loan rules follows seven rounds of government measures to cool Singapore's property market over four years.

In the first quarter of this year, the prices of private residential properties in Singapore rose by 0.6 per cent in the first quarter from the previous quarter, according to the Urban Regulatory Authority.

akow
28-06-13, 23:54
Faster faster just go there find banker anyone also can

I remember during early Jan this year, also same pattern, govt annoucement made at about 7PM. Then developer & banker worked till early the next morning, 3-4am.
Now is just 2352, still have time.

ecimbew
28-06-13, 23:54
One hour ago at 10.52pm, 28 Jun 2013

Singapore introduces new property loan curbs - Yahoo! Singapore Finance

Singapore's central bank announced on Friday new rules that limit the size of* property loans financial institutions can grant to individual buyers.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore said in a statement that, from Saturday, financial institutions should not grant any property loan that exceeds a total debt servicing ratio (TDSR) of 60 per cent.

Loans granted above that threshold will be considered "imprudent", it said.

The TDSR framework will require financial institutions to take into account borrowers' other outstanding debt obligations when granting property loans.

The move is to "encourage financial prudence among borrowers" and strengthen credit underwriting practices, MAS explained.

Under the new rules, financial institutions will be required to compute the TDSR, or the percentage of total monthly debt obligations to gross monthly income, on a consistent basis.

The TDSR will apply to loans for the individual's purchase of all types of property, loans secured on property and the re-financing of all such loans.

The central bank also tightened rules on the application of loan-to-value limits.

Among others, it will require borrowers named on a property loan to be the mortgagors of the residential property for which the loan is taken.

The refinements are designed to ensure the effectiveness of LTV limits put in place to cool investment demand in the housing market, MAS said.

The announcement of the new property loan rules follows seven rounds of government measures to cool Singapore's property market over four years.

In the first quarter of this year, the prices of private residential properties in Singapore rose by 0.6 per cent in the first quarter from the previous quarter, according to the Urban Regulatory Authority.

From MAS website

MAS Introduces Debt Servicing Framework for Property Loans

Singapore, 28 June 2013 … The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) will introduce a Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) framework for all property loans granted by financial institutions (FIs) to individuals1.* This will require FIs to take into consideration borrowers’ other outstanding debt obligations when granting property loans. They will help strengthen credit underwriting practices by FIs and encourage financial prudence among borrowers.

2* *MAS will also refine rules related to the application of the existing Loan-to-Value (LTV) limits on housing loans.* These refinements seek to ensure the effectiveness of the LTV limits that were put in place to cool investment demand in the housing market.* In particular, they aim to prevent circumvention of the tighter LTV limits on second and subsequent housing loans.**

Introduction of TDSR framework

3* *MAS conducted a thematic inspection of banks’ residential property loan portfolios in 2012.* While banks generally had in place sound policies to assess the credit worthiness of borrowers, the inspection and subsequent surveys revealed uneven practices with respect to the application of debt servicing ratios and highlighted areas for improvement in credit underwriting practices.

4* *The TDSR framework will provide FIs a robust basis for assessing the debt servicing ability of borrowers applying for property loans, taking into consideration their other outstanding debt obligations.* FIs will be required to compute the TDSR, or the percentage of total monthly debt obligations to gross monthly income, on a consistent basis.2

5* *The coverage of the TDSR framework will be more comprehensive than FIs’ current practice.* The TDSR will apply to loans for the purchase of all types of property, loans secured on property,3 and the re-financing of all such loans.4
6* *The methodology for computing the TDSR will be standardised.* FIs will be required to:

take into account the monthly repayment for the property loan that the borrower is applying for plus the monthly repayments on all other outstanding property and non-property debt obligations of the borrower;
apply a specified medium-term interest rate or the prevailing market interest rate, whichever is higher, to the property loan that the borrower is applying for when calculating the TDSR;5
apply a haircut of at least 30% to all variable income (e.g. bonuses) and rental income; and
apply haircuts to and amortise the value of any eligible financial assets taken into consideration in assessing the borrower’s debt servicing ability, in order to convert them into ‘income streams’ in computing the TDSR.
7* *FIs will be required to verify and obtain relevant documentation on a borrower’s debt obligations and income used in the computation of the TDSR.

8* *MAS expects any property loan extended by the FI to not exceed a TDSR threshold of 60% and will regard any property loan in excess of a 60% TDSR to be imprudent.6 The threshold is set at 60% for a start to allow both the FIs and borrowers to familiarise themselves with the TDSR framework and its computation methodology.* MAS will monitor and review the 60% threshold over time, with a view to further encouraging financial prudence.******

Refinement of rules related to application of LTV limits

9* *MAS will refine certain rules related to the application of the existing LTV limits on housing loans granted by FIs.* In particular, MAS will require:

borrowers named on a property loan to be the mortgagors of the residential property for which the loan is taken;
“guarantors” who are standing guarantee for borrowers otherwise assessed by the FI at the point of application for the housing loan not to meet the TDSR threshold for a property loan to be brought in as co-borrowers; and
in the case of joint borrowers, that FIs use the income-weighted average age of borrowers7 when applying the rules on loan tenure.8
Measures for the long term

10* *The new rules will take effect from 29 June 2013.

11* *The TDSR framework and refinements to the rules relating to the application of LTV limits are structural in nature, and will be in place for the long term. They aim to encourage prudent borrowing by households and strengthen credit underwriting standards by FIs.*

12* *They do not involve changes to the LTV limits on housing loans themselves, which were last tightened in January 2013 as part of the government’s package of measures to promote stable and sustainable conditions in the housing market.9 The current LTV limits are not permanent, and will be reviewed depending on the state of the property market.

13* *Please refer to the FAQs on MAS’ website for further details.

1 This includes sole proprietorships and vehicles set up by an individual solely to purchase property.

2 In the case of a joint application for a property loan, the TDSR shall be computed based on the aggregate total monthly debt obligations and aggregate gross monthly incomes of the joint borrowers.

3 Where a loan is secured by a pool of collateral including property, the TDSR rules will apply if the market value of the property is 50% or more of the value of the total pool of collateral.

4 Existing borrowers who are seeking to refinance their housing loans will be exempted, provided they meet the specific conditions set out in MAS’ Guidelines on the Application of TDSR for Property Loans under MAS Notices 645, 1115, 831 and 128.

5 3.5% for housing loans and 4.5% for non-residential property loans.

6 Property loans in excess of the TDSR threshold of 60% should be granted only on an exceptional basis.* The board of directors of the FI (or senior management in the case of an FI incorporated outside of Singapore) will have to approve policies and procedures relating to such exceptions.* In addition, cases exceeding the threshold will need to be approved by the FI’s credit committee.

7 The income-weighted average age will be based on the borrowers’ gross monthly income.

8 Lower LTV limits apply to a loan granted for the purchase of a residential property, where the loan period extends beyond the retirement age of 65 years or the tenure exceeds 30 years.

9 In January 2013, MAS lowered the LTV limits for housing loans to individuals with one outstanding housing loan from 60% to 50%, and to individuals with two or more outstanding housing loans from 60% to 40%.* Loans with longer tenure faced even tighter LTV limits.* The LTV limit for housing loans to non-individuals was also reduced to 20%.

http://www.mas.gov.sg/News-and-Publications/Press-Releases/2013/MAS-Introduces-Debt-Servicing-Framework-for-Property-Loans.aspx

ecimbew
28-06-13, 23:57
Point

From MAS website

MAS Introduces Debt Servicing Framework for Property Loans

Singapore, 28 June 2013 … The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) will introduce a Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) framework for all property loans granted by financial institutions (FIs) to individuals1.* This will require FIs to take into consideration borrowers’ other outstanding debt obligations when granting property loans. They will help strengthen credit underwriting practices by FIs and encourage financial prudence among borrowers.

2* *MAS will also refine rules related to the application of the existing Loan-to-Value (LTV) limits on housing loans.* These refinements seek to ensure the effectiveness of the LTV limits that were put in place to cool investment demand in the housing market.* In particular, they aim to prevent circumvention of the tighter LTV limits on second and subsequent housing loans.**

Introduction of TDSR framework

3* *MAS conducted a thematic inspection of banks’ residential property loan portfolios in 2012.* While banks generally had in place sound policies to assess the credit worthiness of borrowers, the inspection and subsequent surveys revealed uneven practices with respect to the application of debt servicing ratios and highlighted areas for improvement in credit underwriting practices.

4* *The TDSR framework will provide FIs a robust basis for assessing the debt servicing ability of borrowers applying for property loans, taking into consideration their other outstanding debt obligations.* FIs will be required to compute the TDSR, or the percentage of total monthly debt obligations to gross monthly income, on a consistent basis.2

5* *The coverage of the TDSR framework will be more comprehensive than FIs’ current practice.* The TDSR will apply to loans for the purchase of all types of property, loans secured on property,3 and the re-financing of all such loans.4
6* *The methodology for computing the TDSR will be standardised.* FIs will be required to:

take into account the monthly repayment for the property loan that the borrower is applying for plus the monthly repayments on all other outstanding property and non-property debt obligations of the borrower;
apply a specified medium-term interest rate or the prevailing market interest rate, whichever is higher, to the property loan that the borrower is applying for when calculating the TDSR;5
apply a haircut of at least 30% to all variable income (e.g. bonuses) and rental income; and
apply haircuts to and amortise the value of any eligible financial assets taken into consideration in assessing the borrower’s debt servicing ability, in order to convert them into ‘income streams’ in computing the TDSR.
7* *FIs will be required to verify and obtain relevant documentation on a borrower’s debt obligations and income used in the computation of the TDSR.

8* *MAS expects any property loan extended by the FI to not exceed a TDSR threshold of 60% and will regard any property loan in excess of a 60% TDSR to be imprudent.6 The threshold is set at 60% for a start to allow both the FIs and borrowers to familiarise themselves with the TDSR framework and its computation methodology.* MAS will monitor and review the 60% threshold over time, with a view to further encouraging financial prudence.******

Refinement of rules related to application of LTV limits

9* *MAS will refine certain rules related to the application of the existing LTV limits on housing loans granted by FIs.* In particular, MAS will require:

borrowers named on a property loan to be the mortgagors of the residential property for which the loan is taken;
“guarantors” who are standing guarantee for borrowers otherwise assessed by the FI at the point of application for the housing loan not to meet the TDSR threshold for a property loan to be brought in as co-borrowers; and
in the case of joint borrowers, that FIs use the income-weighted average age of borrowers7 when applying the rules on loan tenure.8
Measures for the long term

11* *The TDSR framework and refinements to the rules relating to the application of LTV limits are structural in nature, and will be in place for the long term. They aim to encourage prudent borrowing by households and strengthen credit underwriting standards by FIs.*

12* *They do not involve changes to the LTV limits on housing loans themselves, which were last tightened in January 2013 as part of the government’s package of measures to promote stable and sustainable conditions in the housing market.9 The current LTV limits are not permanent, and will be reviewed depending on the state of the property market.

13* *Please refer to the FAQs on MAS’ website for further details.

1 This includes sole proprietorships and vehicles set up by an individual solely to purchase property.

2 In the case of a joint application for a property loan, the TDSR shall be computed based on the aggregate total monthly debt obligations and aggregate gross monthly incomes of the joint borrowers.

3 Where a loan is secured by a pool of collateral including property, the TDSR rules will apply if the market value of the property is 50% or more of the value of the total pool of collateral.

4 Existing borrowers who are seeking to refinance their housing loans will be exempted, provided they meet the specific conditions set out in MAS’ Guidelines on the Application of TDSR for Property Loans under MAS Notices 645, 1115, 831 and 128.

5 3.5% for housing loans and 4.5% for non-residential property loans.

6 Property loans in excess of the TDSR threshold of 60% should be granted only on an exceptional basis.* The board of directors of the FI (or senior management in the case of an FI incorporated outside of Singapore) will have to approve policies and procedures relating to such exceptions.* In addition, cases exceeding the threshold will need to be approved by the FI’s credit committee.

7 The income-weighted average age will be based on the borrowers’ gross monthly income.

8 Lower LTV limits apply to a loan granted for the purchase of a residential property, where the loan period extends beyond the retirement age of 65 years or the tenure exceeds 30 years.

9 In January 2013, MAS lowered the LTV limits for housing loans to individuals with one outstanding housing loan from 60% to 50%, and to individuals with two or more outstanding housing loans from 60% to 40%.* Loans with longer tenure faced even tighter LTV limits.* The LTV limit for housing loans to non-individuals was also reduced to 20%.

http://www.mas.gov.sg/News-and-Publications/Press-Releases/2013/MAS-Introduces-Debt-Servicing-Framework-for-Property-Loans.aspx

teddybear
29-06-13, 00:08
Already told you the West dragon was already dead, and in its place is devil that will attract bad luck if you try to awake it, just like now awakened MAS to introduce new housing loan tightening measure! :scared-1:

You have been warned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo33
the west dragon is awaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo33
From the perspective of fengshui, Jurong, located in the western part of Singapore, falls into the category of the western dragon. According to WayOnNet Group's Top Notch Fengshui Master Tan, Western dragon is the most beautiful dragon of the five dragons. It starts from Tuas and ends at Pearl's Hill. This piece of land is also the "Land of the Flower Basket" which is also where the Golden Boy and Jade Girl fell in love. The "Land of Flower Basket" lies within the lake- Chinese and Japanese Garden and Tang Dynasty. From the perspective of fengshui, Singapore's western dragon belongs to the metal element and is therefore advantageous to the technical profession. Thus, Jurong Industrial Park is seen as well suited for light industrial activities.

The purity and simplicity of the Jurong district linger despite the introduction of the industrial sector. Traffic jams are minimal in the morning and is smoother towards the evening. Several well-known learning institutions such as National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic gather in the West as well. The scenery is magnificent but unfortunately, many people fail to notice its aura. Furthermore, the Jurong district is currently experiencing a poor luck cycle in today's fortune 8 and thus has failed to develop to its best. Given its unfavourable fengshui, an allowance of at least ten to fifteen years is required for better luck to come by. Coincidentally, in ten to fifteen years, the new Jurong district will be evolved.

Till date, luxurious shopping districts, hotels, cafes and entertainment are still lacking in the West. As Jurong has been emphasizing too much on industrialization, it has overlooked those areas, which promise bright prospects. Jurong possesses the necessary conditions to be developed into a business and entertainment district. It would also be ideal if cars will be allowed to enter Lakeside, where all the entertainment lies, to ease transportation and create convenience among the people. Now is a good time to seize the opportunity to start investing in Jurong as its properties are still relatively cheap. Once the development is completed and luck starts picking up, property prices will also soar.

ecimbew
29-06-13, 00:11
It's 29 June 2013 now.

teddybear
29-06-13, 00:12
2 bedders < 850 sqft are MM also!

Actually the hot seller for this project is not MM, they are the 2 bedders.

rymccondo77
29-06-13, 00:50
*Super Like. *

Thank you for the "Super Like" :)

Pikachu1245
29-06-13, 00:53

So the stats seem to confirm that mrt & mall are attraction to modern days buyer regardless of size (mm or 1bedder or 2 bedder) and 99 LH. As long as quantum below 1.3 mil will still sell very well as demonstrated by J Gateway. Also, many relatively rich people around with cash waiting to enter the OCR condos market that have mall/mrt in vicinity and future developments like JLD. Believe in near future! Punggol Waterfront, Yishun Hub, Seletar Hub, Woodlands Hub will catch up too in terms of pricing and attractions.....

Ringo33
29-06-13, 01:06
Already told you the West dragon was already dead, and in its place is devil that will attract bad luck if you try to awake it, just like now awakened MAS to introduce new housing loan tightening measure!
When the news of J Gateway sold out appear on the paper tomorrow, all west region properties owner jack up selling price by 5 to 10%. And the new tag line for selling western region property will be near JLD.

If you dig deeper, you will know that this new MAS ruling will have a greater impact on larger quantum CCR property than say ulu jurong for sure. So hold tight to your wiggling central dragon that is trapped deep underground because the west dragon is awaken and the earth is shaking :D

Regulators
29-06-13, 01:33
I must say a big thank you to all the goonies who bought j gateway. All my properties up 20% in the next few months. My RH pty which is nearest to J gateway bought in 2010 at $7xxk now transacting at past $1 million, after today's j gateway sellout, should go up to $1.3 million soon plus it is collecting rental at $3500/month for the next few years till J gateway TOP...gam sia gam sia!!! :D

When the news of J Gateway sold out appear on the paper tomorrow, all west region properties owner jack up selling price by 5 to 10%. And the new tag line for selling western region property will be near JLD.

If you dig deeper, you will know that this new MAS ruling will have a greater impact on larger quantum CCR property than say ulu jurong for sure. So hold tight to your wiggling central dragon that is trapped deep underground because the west dragon is awaken and the earth is shaking :D

sillyme
29-06-13, 06:21
I must say a big thank you to all the goonies who bought j gateway. All my properties up 20% in the next few months. My RH pty which is nearest to J gateway bought in 2010 at $7xxk now transacting at past $1 million, after today's j gateway sellout, should go up to $1.3 million soon plus it is collecting rental at $3500/month for the next few years till J gateway TOP...gam sia gam sia!!! :D

Congratulations! 100% return on investment.

oops
29-06-13, 08:07
RH is at Bukit Batok.. friends always complaining take train have to transfer at JE station.

akow
29-06-13, 09:18
Congratulations! 100% return on investment.

The new rules are harsh to investors.
(1) Loop hole of two generations(parent-child) serving housing loan, is fixed.
(2) Long term interest rate of 3.5% to be used when calculating the TDSR

Ringo33
29-06-13, 09:40

Again, please stop bragging about your Bukit Batok RH and stop counting the chicken before it hatch.

When you cash out your investment then let us know, as least we can check URA record to verify if you are telling the truth about your numbers etc.

Remember talk is cheap, it cost nothing.

Ringo33
29-06-13, 09:42
RH is at Bukit Batok.. friends always complaining take train have to transfer at JE station.

The area around Hillview is the most densely and crowded private estate in Singapore, and load leading to and back from expressway in the morning and evening are always a nightmare.

Allthepies
29-06-13, 09:48
New development plan announced in business time: Clean Tech Pack and NTU to be developed. From NTU to Tengah, connected by one raised platform! Yeah more useful jobs to be created in the West. Huat ah!

Allthepies
29-06-13, 10:04

Yeah! If your RH can cheong 20%, my M definitely cheong 40%... huat ah!!!!

Ringo33
29-06-13, 10:07
ALL of the 738 units at 99-year leasehold J Gateway were snapped up at the development's preview yesterday, as buyers sought apartments at the first condominium to be launched near Jurong East MRT station in 10 years.

The robust sales came right before the Monetary Authority of Singapore's announcement yesterday evening that tightened rules for property loans, which take effect today.

BT understands that bankers were scrambling late yesterday to clear the loans that buyers will need to fund their J Gateway purchase. Said a source last night: "We are rushing out the paperwork now."

Market sources told BT that the average selling price of units was $1,480 per square foot (psf). A 484 sq ft, one-bedroom apartment was sold for $1,778 psf - a record for the Jurong East area. When completed, the development will consist of one to four-bedroom homes.

A potential buyer at the preview yesterday said: "The crowd was so big that I couldn't even go into the showflat. I had to wait outside."

When contacted, MCL Land, a subsidiary of Hong Kong Land, declined to comment.

Prior to yesterday's preview, many prospective buyers had already visited J Gateway's showflat and put down blank cheques to indicate their interest.

Agents were said to have collected 1,400 of these cheques.
Indicative prices provided by marketing agent Huttons previously were for J Gateway to see buyers fork out $1,650 psf for a 474 sq ft one-bedder, to $1,450 psf for a 1,163 sq ft four-bedder.

J Gateway is located beside shopping malls JCube and Jem. When completed by mid-2016, it will comprise four towers with 259 one-bedders, 245 two-bedders, 181 three-bedders, 47 four-bedders and six penthouses - three of which are three-bedroom apartments, and the other three are four-bedroom units.

Sizes range from 474 sq ft for a one-bedder, to 1,432 sq ft for a four-bedroom apartment. Penthouses are between 1,485 sq ft and 2,024 sq ft in size.

Regulators
29-06-13, 11:35
Huh? Before they are hatched?...wahahaha..... Go check the latest transaction (remember my buying price is 7xxk n to factor in my $3500/month rental for past two over years hor). I am so happy because of JLD n all the goonies who buy j gateway helping me to up my wealth. Why should I hate jld, it is my good friend :D .....As for your tiny mickey mouse unit at j gateway, capital gain n rental gain still long way off hor...

Again, please stop bragging about your Bukit Batok RH and stop counting the chicken before it hatch.

When you cash out your investment then let us know, as least we can check URA record to verify if you are telling the truth about your numbers etc.

Remember talk is cheap, it cost nothing.

yowetan
29-06-13, 11:36
Hillview and JLD district have limited upside.

Mt Sinai is still the ideal.

jslee78
29-06-13, 12:00
The flood of studio and 1 bedder MM/shoebox units into the market has reached a tipping point. Slowly and steadily, buyers see the investment merit for 2 bedder, as its size falls within the affordable price quantum and also the "liveable" spatial limits.

Regulators
29-06-13, 12:00
Do you follow the ten commandments? :D
Hillview and JLD district have limited upside.

Mt Sinai is still the ideal.

yowetan
29-06-13, 12:02
Do you follow the ten commandments? :D

I am a free-thinker, but the serenity of Mt Sinai surpasses most of the areas in Singapore.

CondoWE
29-06-13, 12:10
I am a free-thinker, but the serenity of Mt Sinai surpasses most of the areas in Singapore.

Frog in the well :rolleyes: !

yowetan
29-06-13, 12:29
How many return units for J-gateway so far?

riverfish
29-06-13, 12:32

Yes, I am also interested to know.

Ringo33
29-06-13, 14:26
Huh? Before they are hatched?...wahahaha..... Go check the latest transaction (remember my buying price is 7xxk n to factor in my $3500/month rental for past two over years hor). I am so happy because of JLD n all the goonies who buy j gateway helping me to up my wealth. Why should I hate jld, it is my good friend :D .....As for your tiny mickey mouse unit at j gateway, capital gain n rental gain still long way off hor...

Its common for property owners to always use the highest transacted psf price of their development to value their own property, and they are doing so with the believe that their own unit is the best.

Since if you have not received any offer from buyers, then there is really no point is speculating or bragging. A profit is only a profit if its money in your account, or else, that just fantasy.

Then again, I am not here to stop you from fantasizing, but please do it in private, there is no need to keep repeating and talking about it in every thread.

Ringo33
29-06-13, 14:27
usually it is around 3-4% return rate. So we should expect around 25 to 30 units return in the coming weeks.

Ringo33
29-06-13, 14:35
New development plan announced in business time: Clean Tech Pack and NTU to be developed. From NTU to Tengah, connected by one raised platform! Yeah more useful jobs to be created in the West. Huat ah!

THE brain may be a body's control centre, but the spine supports all its movements. It holds the head up and provides balance for the entire skeletal frame; much like how the environmental deck (e-Deck) intends to be the backbone within a new ecosystem of an R&D institution, university, manufacturing industry and a residential area.

Proposed to be called 2 West, the integrated industrial township is planned to contain the upcoming Clean Tech Park (CTP), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Wenya industrial estate and part of Tengah estate.

The 700 hectares will see the e-Deck feature as a main activity spine that will connect and integrate them into one community. It will be an elevated platform raised above the road, stretching all the way from NTU to Tengah and providing communal facilities such as food and beverages (F&B).

The deck could also provide an environment-friendly people mover system that straddles the area.

This is the vision of the future conveyed by David Tan, assistant chief executive officer of the Technical & Professional Services Group, JTC Corporation, in his presentation on the 2 West Conceptual Master Plan at the Urban Sustainability R&D Congress 2013 yesterday.

While it is still in the conceptual exploring phase, 2 West is born of the aim to "position Singapore as a leading innovation hub in the region centred around three main clusters: world class universities, high value industries and established R&D institutions", said Mr Tan.

It is a follow-up to One-North, the first integrated industrial township in the west, and JTC has plans to add an extra "make" element to the existing development formula of "work-live-play-learn".

This is demonstrated by the intention to include manufacturing activities within 2 West itself, to allow the geographical proximity to bridge the gap between R&D (that may be conducted within the CTP) and manufacturing (that may occur in Wenya industrial estate), with a focus on the areas of prototyping, pilot testing and process optimisation.

Business industrial buildings, business parks, offices, retail facilities, residential areas and recreational facilities and amenities will also be brought in to create a vibrant setting that aims to be highly liveable. At the centre of these activities will be the e-Deck that connects the four different areas.

On top of the deck will be an efficient, environment-friendly people mover system - multiple ideas such as a tram system or driverless pods are being explored - that will help transport residents and working people throughout the district. Beyond the deck, walking and cycling paths or even a smaller people mover system will be provided.

It is intended that the e-Deck will be a maximum walking distance of 10 to 15 minutes away from anywhere within 2 West and might even be connected to the MRT system in the future. Therefore, it will be convenient for drivers to park their cars beneath the deck in "hubparking", or communal parking, reducing the need for individual buildings to require separate car parks.

Under the deck will also be communal service tunnels that provide shared utilities to all four areas, similar to that constructed under Marina Bay.
Another major feature of 2 West will be the Estate Good Mover System that facilitates the movement of goods between companies. There are plans for a Central Distribution Centre that might be linked to the future Tuas Port, where all goods will be consolidated. Thereafter, they will be distributed to individual warehouses via an automated system. Both an overground rail system and an underground conveyer belt-like system are currently being explored.

Also being explored is the possibility of air rights development whereby the space above roads will be utilised for facilities such as research labs, offices, or even F&B and retail services. The arterial road that will be built between NTU and CTP is being explored for this use.

As for the time frame for the implementation of the master plan, JTC was unable to commit.

Regulators
29-06-13, 15:04
I smell some sour grapes coz I dont think u will ever see a profit of more than $400k in two years for your tiny mickey mouse. Seriously if your mickey mouse ever sell for $900k which i doubt it, then many old three bedder condo in the area can go up to $1.5million. U can brag about j gateway till the cows come home but existing condo owners will always be making more from the j gateway sellout.
Its common for property owners to always use the highest transacted psf price of their development to value their own property, and they are doing so with the believe that their own unit is the best.

Since if you have not received any offer from buyers, then there is really no point is speculating or bragging. A profit is only a profit if its money in your account, or else, that just fantasy.

Then again, I am not here to stop you from fantasizing, but please do it in private, there is no need to keep repeating and talking about it in every thread.

Ringo33
29-06-13, 15:35
I smell some sour grapes coz I dont think u will ever see a profit of more than $400k in two years for your tiny mickey mouse. Seriously if your mickey mouse ever sell for $900k which i doubt it, then many old three bedder condo in the area can go up to $1.5million. U can brag about j gateway till the cows come home but existing condo owners will always be making more from the j gateway sellout.

Please grow up, internet forum is not a place for you to show off and parade yourself to the world that you are rich and others are poor. Whatever you said are just words, and it only take a few secs for you to type I AM A MILLIONAIRE on your keyboard, while it may take you more than a generation to accumulate that amount.

People who make REAL money dont brag about it. It only the wannabe like you will jump from thread to thread looking for opportunities to brag about your Bukit Batok RH, even if it is totally irrelevant to the subject of the discussion.

the sour smell you are referrring doesnt come from grape, it is coming your sour blood that is flowing through every veins, and arteries inside your body. From the negative and nonsensical remarks you made about J Gateway to the constant bragging and trumpeting about your Bukit Batok, they all spell SOUR

Pikachu1245
29-06-13, 16:36
usually it is around 3-4% return rate. So we should expect around 25 to 30 units return in the coming weeks.

Believe with 1000 over people having submitted blank cheques earlier, even got returned units, all these will be resold instantly even at $1450psf -$1650psf or higher.

OCR & JLD condo with malls /mrt /commercial - a great attraction to many many potential buyers indeed.

I must say my view has changed by the stats shown by this condo on
LH vs FH, CCR/RCR vs OCR. MRT / malls/ commercial is proven to be a big big draw for many.

It does not matter whether the OCR LH Condo is MM /small or not , many will still buy as long as it is affordable( below 1.6 million dollars) regardless of CM or not.

If no CM, the price probably will 'shoot' through the roof to $2000 psf or above for OCR condo with mrt/mall attractions.

CM - I love you - you have slowed the price growth of these wonderful OCR LH condo. Without you many upgrader/investor will not be able to afford them. Please stay a while longer as the rest tries to benefit too (first-timer/ Kia Su one buying for kids etc.) :2cents:

pmet
29-06-13, 16:47
Today just called my agent and returned two units, so take that as the first 2 over the weekend. I'll be keeping the penthouse as the price is good and for own stay.

princess_morbucks
29-06-13, 16:53
Today just called my agent and returned two units, so take that as the first 2 over the weekend. I'll be keeping the penthouse as the price is good and for own stay.

You are one of the multiple buyers!
May I ask what made you decide to buy 3 units in the same development and not in different developments, before the loan curbs were announced?

Btw, do you know if any of the penthouses have been returned?

TIA.

pmet
29-06-13, 16:58
You are one of the multiple buyers!
May I ask what made you decide to buy 3 units in the same development and not in different developments, before the loan curbs were announced?

Btw, do you know if any of the penthouses have been returned?

TIA.

I intend to move here with my family. The other two are for rental. But now it seems that I may have a better chance in the resale market :hell-hath-no-fury:

No penthouse returned, according to my agent, I'm one of the first to return a unit.

LaFiestaOwner
29-06-13, 17:07
Saw in Straits Times, it is almost fully sold. Quite an achievement given it was just a preview.

princess_morbucks
29-06-13, 17:11
I intend to move here with my family. The other two are for rental. But now it seems that I may have a better chance in the resale market :hell-hath-no-fury:

No penthouse returned, according to my agent, I'm one of the first to return a unit.

Yes it is easier to manage if the units are within the same development or near by.

You are going to love staying in the penthouse, towering over the rest!

Good luck to you for the rest of the house hunting.

Just out of curiousity, did you lose anything when you returned the 2 units?
Hope you didn't sign the OTP yesterday?

ZeeWee
29-06-13, 17:17
3 returned so far as of 12pm. will be selling to those who have submitted cheques for the preview first

pmet
29-06-13, 17:22
Yes it is easier to manage if the units are within the same development or near by.

You are going to love staying in the penthouse, towering over the rest!

Good luck to you for the rest of the house hunting.

Just out of curiousity, did you lose anything when you returned the 2 units?
Hope you didn't sign the OTP yesterday?

Thanks! I did sign the OTP and LO. It's a calculated risk and I paid for it :doh:

princess_morbucks
29-06-13, 17:45
Thanks! I did sign the OTP and LO. It's a calculated risk and I paid for it :doh:

Since you bought the penthouse, can you negotiate with the developer regarding the refund (at least a partial refund) for the amount paid for the OTP of the 2 returned units?

Regulators
29-06-13, 17:51
Education is always expensive, when you get burnt with this first investment, then real learning begins. Fools can fall in droves, so never think that just because there are many like you, you will be safe. Herd mentality won't save you. You can only trully understand my reasons for telling u not to buy j gateway at a later stage, u can treat this as a lesson.
Please grow up, internet forum is not a place for you to show off and parade yourself to the world that you are rich and others are poor. Whatever you said are just words, and it only take a few secs for you to type I AM A MILLIONAIRE on your keyboard, while it may take you more than a generation to accumulate that amount.

People who make REAL money dont brag about it. It only the wannabe like you will jump from thread to thread looking for opportunities to brag about your Bukit Batok RH, even if it is totally irrelevant to the subject of the discussion.

the sour smell you are referrring doesnt come from grape, it is coming your sour blood that is flowing through every veins, and arteries inside your body. From the negative and nonsensical remarks you made about J Gateway to the constant bragging and trumpeting about your Bukit Batok, they all spell SOUR

Autumnwinds
29-06-13, 18:06
Bro Ringo, did you purchase a unit in J gateway?

pmet
29-06-13, 18:07
Since you bought the penthouse, can you negotiate with the developer regarding the refund (at least a partial refund) for the amount paid for the OTP of the 2 returned units?

I'm told that I won't be getting back the full amount but should be getting a higher refund than the 75%. It's a small amount to loose now anyway so I'm quite glad...

Regulators
29-06-13, 18:11
How much did you lose? U made a wise decision so no worries.
I'm told that I won't be getting back the full amount but should be getting a higher refund than the 75%. It's a small amount to loose now anyway so I'm quite glad...

DKSG
29-06-13, 18:13
A queue is forming for the returned units.

Should have sold it in the internet like the Singing Bone.

Haha!

DKSG

Ringo33
29-06-13, 18:15
A queue is forming for the returned units.

Should have sold it in the internet like the Singing Bone.

Haha!

DKSG

forming to buy or forming to sell?

pmet
29-06-13, 18:16
How much did you lose? U made a wise decision so no worries.

Don't know yet should know by Monday :beats-me-man:

august
29-06-13, 19:31

why return? is it the loan curb issue? :confused:

phantom_opera
29-06-13, 19:55
1778 psf is so close to my peak 1800psf clap clap

phantom_opera
30-06-13, 11:07
Bishan SkyHabitat is also 1650 isn't it ? So this JLD is to match Bishan MRT price right ?
Is the HDB in this JLD area in the same price range as in Bishan ?
lol amk asked a poignant question alas nobody paid attention

next will be Keppel land at D16 to find carrot heads

ecimbew
30-06-13, 11:35
Haha I think we tried to warn them but it's ok la. let's not mind others business.

Then again it's hard to predict the future. However, those who have purchased in Jurong before this project will say thank you to them.

At the end of the day, agents just want to earn money. They can drum it up for this project. But you will see them again drumming up the next project. You kind of know the pattern. But there are other agents who are neutral and are honest to admit they are agents. I respect this group and not the pretenders.

Autumnwinds
30-06-13, 11:44

I also asked Ringo whether he purchased a unit. Alas, no reply from him:beats-me-man:

lajia
30-06-13, 11:45
Jurong HDB undervalued! And of course, Bishan side, overvalued! :2cents:

So you know when the future lies......GO WEST. Didn't you see the article on yesterday paper? :p

on the other hand, the keppel side is really for lifestyle la bro, i learn something here also. why ppl buy Skyline, GTR, etc?? Still a car with 4 wheels right? Same reason le...:o

Regulators
30-06-13, 12:05
He is banging his head now :banghead:
I also asked Ringo whether he purchased a unit. Alas, no reply from him:beats-me-man:

Ringo33
30-06-13, 12:08
Haha I think we tried to warn them but it's ok la. let's not mind others business.

Then again it's hard to predict the future. However, those who have purchased in Jurong before this project will say thank you to them.

At the end of the day, agents just want to earn money. They can drum it up for this project. But you will see them again drumming up the next project. You kind of know the pattern. But there are other agents who are neutral and are honest to admit they are agents. I respect this group and not the pretenders.

Agent influence on buyer are very limited lah. At the end of the day buyer will still have to make their on judgement and deciion. For j gateway majority of the buyer are from jurong, you think they need agent to tell them about JLD?

Good product with good pricing will sell on it's own desnt need agent

hutsutau
30-06-13, 12:08
If centris can be so popular, don see why this cannot sell out. This is far better then centris

when centris was launched it was priced below 600psf!

Ringo33
30-06-13, 12:09

What else do you want to know?

phantom_opera
30-06-13, 12:12
sell now become millionaire

Autumnwinds
30-06-13, 12:16
What else do you want to know?

Nothing else except that :D

lajia
30-06-13, 12:25
that was from the prospective then, if Centris is launched today, what do you think the price would be?? :D

Same thing, from today prospective, J Gateway seems limited on the upside, i also think so....but then, look at this development 3-5 yrs later. Then u say whether these ppl are carrot head or not. don't pass the judgement too early.

the trend changes....tiong bahru, red hill, bishan, why so ex? near town? as someone brought up, ppl mentality changes and next time, it could be near parent, near schools and near work. Criteria changes and how many are for own stay or investment? if you talk about HDB which is more for own stay, in future, all those like in Jurong are actually undervalued! no longer ppl craze for redhill, tiong bahru, etc....could be...:2cents:

Allthepies
30-06-13, 12:39
Jurong huat ah. After J-gateway sold out and Jem opens, someone offered my unit my asking price. Yeah!

ecimbew
30-06-13, 12:57
Agent influence on buyer are very limited lah. At the end of the day buyer will still have to make their on judgement and deciion. For j gateway majority of the buyer are from jurong, you think they need agent to tell them about JLD?

Good product with good pricing will sell on it's own desnt need agent

Thank you for confirming. ;)

NO_7
30-06-13, 13:17
Many ppl working in Jurong n also same goes to CBD working population, this group in Jurong with income level is high.
Its about location self sustainability for own stay, buyers likes to have everythings under one roof. High COE does affect the home price in OCR.

sunrise
30-06-13, 13:33
Many buyers are not aware j gateway has to use binoculars to catch the lakeside view. Ivory height has far more superior views. Big disappointment after getting the keys.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 14:20
that was from the prospective then, if Centris is launched today, what do you think the price would be?? :D

Same thing, from today prospective, J Gateway seems limited on the upside, i also think so....but then, look at this development 3-5 yrs later. Then u say whether these ppl are carrot head or not. don't pass the judgement too early.

the trend changes....tiong bahru, red hill, bishan, why so ex? near town? as someone brought up, ppl mentality changes and next time, it could be near parent, near schools and near work. Criteria changes and how many are for own stay or investment? if you talk about HDB which is more for own stay, in future, all those like in Jurong are actually undervalued! no longer ppl craze for redhill, tiong bahru, etc....could be...:2cents:

JLD is still a work in progress, and JEM is the first project in JLD to TOP since the masterplan was announced in 2008.

By end of the year, Westgate mall will open, then follow by JEM office block, Big Box 2014, Westgate office building 2014, Ng Teng Fong/Jurong community hospital 2015, RWS hotel 2016, Sim Lian office building 2017, etc

What J Gateway buyers need to do now is sit back and watch their investment grow.

Regulators
30-06-13, 14:30
$800k increase to $1 million for your mickey mouse unit??? :doh: :doh: :doh:

What J Gateway buyers need to do now is sit back and watch their investment grow.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 14:39
$800k increase to $1 million for your mickey mouse unit??? :doh: :doh: :doh:

I hope you will still be around in this forum when the project TOP.

henryhk
30-06-13, 14:43
I heard from an agent tose who buy J gateway and sign the OTP before CM8, now go to apply bank loan, will still subject to the new rules...is it true? Because bank loan is based on S&P and not OTP...

Regulators
30-06-13, 15:02
If you buy freehold mackenzie 88 now at $850k, you collect rental of $3k a month for the next 4 years until j gateway TOP, just calculate how much you have made already just on rental during that time. Between now and J gateway TOP, prime districts will see a spike in prices all thanks to the goonies who bought j gateway and mackenzie 88 will go up by 200psf even before you smell any money from your condo still in construction. you can earn rental and from capital appreciation buying prime you don't want, choosing rather to wait 4 years for paltry gain of $100k plus which to me is plain stupidity. The rental u would earn from buying mackenzie 88 would already be $140k in the pocket even before j gateway TOP, not to mention the appreciation in value of the pty. Moreover, buying a freehold asset is always a quality asset over a 99yr, especially if the freehold pty is just 2 minutes walk from mrt. If you have the brains to think, you know what i am saying. I am offering you very sound advice here and dont let those agents at the showflat cloud your common sense and logic. It is still not too late for you to back out.

I hope you will still be around in this forum when the project TOP.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 15:30
If you buy freehold mackenzie 88 now at $850k, you collect rental of $3k a month for the next 4 years until j gateway TOP, just calculate how much you have made already just on rental during that time. Between now and J gateway TOP, prime districts will see a spike in prices all thanks to the goonies who bought j gateway and mackenzie 88 will go up by 200psf even before you smell any money from your condo still in construction. you can earn rental and from capital appreciation buying prime you don't want, choosing rather to wait 4 years for paltry gain of $100k plus which to me is plain stupidity. The rental u would earn from buying mackenzie 88 would already be $140k in the pocket even before j gateway TOP, not to mention the appreciation in value of the pty. Moreover, buying a freehold asset is always a quality asset over a 99yr, especially if the freehold pty is just 2 minutes walk from mrt. If you have the brains to think, you know what i am saying. I am offering you very sound advice here.

Want to guess which one is Mackenzie 88 and which one is stupid LH99 project?
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/781/dspr.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7977/s0x6.jpg

Regulators
30-06-13, 15:35
huh? why the time frame so short, should project the next 10 years and see how the prices will trend. 2013 is the peak and almost breaking point for jurong, 2013 is just the beginning before the climb , get the point?

Want to guess which one is Mackenzie 88 and which one is stupid LH99 project?
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/781/dspr.jpg

Wait Long Long
30-06-13, 15:42
Many buyers are not aware j gateway has to use binoculars to catch the lakeside view. Ivory height has far more superior views. Big disappointment after getting the keys.

I do not see the purpose of this statement. What is the objective? What are you trying to say? I seriously wonder how many of those who bought JGateway did so for the views? You have stats?

By the way Jurong Lake is relatively big so I'm not sure if binoculars are really necessary!!

Really why this kind of statement? Why make comments on people who bought?

As for disappointment, as long as one buys off the plan, the element of disappointment will always be there. :beats-me-man:

ecimbew
30-06-13, 15:56
Westgate Mall is the next in line.

Capitamall

Basement 2: Gourmet paradise – supermarket, food hall Basement 1: Daily essentials – supermarket, food court,
casual dining
Level 1: High street fashion, F&B, international fashion and cosmetics
Level 2: High street fashion, F&B, local fashion and cosmetics
Level 3: Lifestyle, IT, electrical & electronic, gifts, F&B
Level 4: Book stores, schools, family restaurants, play area
Level 5: Gymnasium, childcare centre

http://capitamallsasia.listedcompany.com/newsroom/20120112_123148_JS8_A78C97AC53A04F1D48257982004C11F0.1.pdf

Ringo33
30-06-13, 15:57
huh? why the time frame so short, should project the next 10 years and see how the prices will trend. 2013 is the peak and almost breaking point for jurong, 2013 is just the beginning before the climb , get the point?
please dont over stretch yourself with all these nonsensical prediction and please know our limitation.

If FH is that great, then why you still holding on to your old LH regent heights? LEASEHOLD 99 leh. TOP 1999, so I guess it must be what 17 to 18 years old liao?

Looks like someone have been very busy awarding 5 stars rating for his Regent Heights property, while give J-Gateway all 1 star rating.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/regent-heights-187

Pathetic. :doh:

ecimbew
30-06-13, 15:59
CapitaMall Trust : Westgate Registers Strong Interest From Retailers
11/27/2012| 10:02pm US/Eastern
NEWS RELEASE For immediate release 27 November 2012
http://www.4-traders.com/CAPITAMALL-...lers-15553282/

Westgate registers strong interest from retailers; Mall is 50% leased ahead of opening by Christmas 2013 International brands such as Isetan and Paul Bakery opening their first stores outside downtown area at Westgate Singapore, 27 November 2012 - About half of the shopping mall, Westgate, has been pre-leased more than a year ahead of its targeted opening in December 2013. Located in Jurong Gateway and the only development directly connected to both the Jurong East MRT and bus interchanges, Westgate has drawn strong interest from retailers. Brands opening their first stores outside Singapore's downtown area at Westgate include popular French bakery and patisserie Paul Bakery and Isetan supermarket.

Westgate is an integrated retail and office development by CapitaMalls Asia Limited, CapitaMall Trust and CapitaLand Limited1. Set to be the premier destination in Singapore's West, the mall has a net lettable area of 416,000 square feet, similar to Raffles City Singapore's retail area. Westgate Tower, the office building in this mixed-use development is about 50% pre- leased to CapitaLand Group who will be moving there progressively from end-2014.

The mall will target middle income families, working professionals, residents in the vicinity, commuters, hospital visitors and students from nearby schools. Its offerings from Basement 2 to Level 5 will meet the varied needs of shoppers:

Level 5 - Fitness First Platinum and My First Skool childcare

Level 4 - Books & Stationery, Kids' Fashion, Toys, Hobbies & Gifts, F&B, Services, with music school Yamaha, children's fitness centre My Gym and a 12,000 square feet thematic wonderland children's playground

Level 3 - Electrical & Electronics, IT, Lifestyle, Sporting Goods & Apparel, F&B

Levels 1 and 2 - High Street & International Fashion, Fashion Accessories, Cosmetics & Skincare, Jewellery & Watches, Shoes & Bags, F&B

CapitaMalls Asia Limited (through its wholly owned-subsidiaries) has a 50% stake in the joint venture developing the site; HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Ltd (in its capacity as trustee of CapitaMall Trust) has a 30% stake; and CapitaLand Limited (through its wholly owned subsidiaries) has a 20% stake.

Basement 1 - Casual & Local Fashion, Fashion Accessories, Shoes & Bags, Cosmetics & Skincare, F&B, Services, with Isetan Department Store and Food Republic

Basement 2 - Isetan Japanese Supermarket and Food Hall
Isetan's supermarket will be its first outside Orchard Road and will offer shoppers a different and unique supermarket experience. It will also operate a department store, bringing Japanese fashion to Westgate.

Mr Lim Tien Chun, Managing Director, Isetan (Singapore), said, "Isetan Singapore is looking forward to the opening of our store at Westgate - our sixth in Singapore. It will be our first store in the west of Singapore and also our first Japanese-style supermarket outside Orchard Road. The store will reflect Isetan's vision of Value and Quality and our customers can expect Excitement and Originality when they shop at Isetan Jurong East."

Food Republic will introduce a new thematic concept at Westgate, while Paradise Dynasty will expand its popular xiao long bao concept at ION Orchard to Westgate. Café Crema will operate its second store at Westgate while the mall will also see a new entrant on the F&B scene, Steak
& Seafood Robatayaki Buffet.

Yamaha will operate a music school at Westgate for aspiring musicians. Yamaha Music (Asia) Pte Ltd said, "Since Yamaha's formation in Singapore in 1966, Yamaha has been the leading provider of music education and quality instruments to the local community. Yamaha Music (Asia) is proud to extend its reach to the residents in Jurong East with its new branch in Westgate. With the mall's central location plus accessibility via Jurong East MRT interchange, Yamaha is confident that this branch will effectively impart to the community the benefits of the Yamaha Music Education System with music courses for two year olds to popular music courses for all ages. The new branch will also feature a wide range of instruments, from our well known acoustic pianos, to our widely popular acoustic guitars and electronic drums."

The Courtyard - An alfresco shopping and dining zone

Tapping on the growing popularity of alfresco spaces, Westgate will feature a naturally ventilated area called The Courtyard. This low-rise block from Level 1 to Level 4 faces the Jurong East MRT station and will comprise F&B outlets (many with outdoor refreshment areas) and retail stores. This will be linked to the main retail podium by an inner street and bridges.

The Courtyard will house an intimate semi-outdoor pedestrian street, recreating the ambience of a vibrant shopping street. The area will feature lush landscaping with planting and water features, taking reference from the mangroves and rivers that were in Jurong. The Courtyard will be protected from the elements with a glazed canopy that lets in natural daylight. Ambient temperatures will be kept cool with mechanical means such as jet blowers and air diffusers, and water features with pre-cooled water.

Retailers at The Courtyard include Paul Bakery, Café Crema and Japanese ramen restaurant Menya Musashi.

Themed playground to delight children of all ages

Located at Level 4 will be a one-of-a-kind thematic playground, set to delight children of all ages. The specially customised play area is designed by a US theme park designer whose previous work includes attractions at Universal Studios and Disneyland.

The playground will have different zones to cater to children of varying age groups. It includes a tree top adventure play area within a giant tree trunk with interactive panels, tunnels and bridges. There is also a giant flower pot, which children can scale, and a splash area.

Ms Wee Su Lin, General Manager of Westgate, said, "Westgate will be the catalyst for the transformation of the Jurong Lake District into a key regional hub, the largest outside the Central Business District. We are excited to bring retailers such as Paul Bakery and Isetan Supermarket to Singapore's West with their first stores outside Singapore's downtown core."

"With the influx of many major retailers, Westgate is poised to be a vibrant retail destination on its own. Together with the value-focused IMM Building and entertainment hub JCube nearby, Westgate, IMM and JCube will offer the equivalent of a unique three-in-one mall, meeting the varied needs of shoppers, all easily accessible and linked by a free shuttle bus service and more than 2,200 car park spaces."

About Westgate

Westgate is an integrated retail and office development located in the heart of Jurong Regional Centre, which is set to become the largest hub for commercial developments outside the city centre. Westgate is directly linked to the neighbouring Jurong East MRT and bus interchanges, and amenities such as the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.

The 416,000 square feet family and lifestyle mall is set to be the premier destination in Singapore's West. Its stores from Basement 2 to Level 5 will meet the varied needs of residents in the vicinity, commuters, working professionals, hospital visitors and students from nearby schools. Retailers include Isetan's first supermarket outside the city centre, Paul Bakery, Food Republic and Paradise Dynasty. The mall is scheduled to start operations by Christmas 2013.

Westgate Tower, the office building of the Westgate development, is a 20-storey prime office tower with 320,000 square feet of lettable area. CapitaLand Group will be moving progressively to Westgate Tower from end-2014.

Westgate is a development by CapitaMalls Asia Limited, CapitaMall Trust and CapitaLand Limited.

Westgate Mall is the next in line.

Capitamall

Basement 2: Gourmet paradise – supermarket, food hall Basement 1: Daily essentials – supermarket, food court,
casual dining
Level 1: High street fashion, F&B, international fashion and cosmetics
Level 2: High street fashion, F&B, local fashion and cosmetics
Level 3: Lifestyle, IT, electrical & electronic, gifts, F&B
Level 4: Book stores, schools, family restaurants, play area
Level 5: Gymnasium, childcare centre

http://capitamallsasia.listedcompany.com/newsroom/20120112_123148_JS8_A78C97AC53A04F1D48257982004C11F0.1.pdf

Regulators
30-06-13, 16:03
You never follow my thread it seems, I bought RH for rental and would sell when prices peak when the JLD effect is at its hottest, just before market comes down due to a correction before your beloved J gateway construction is even up. Nothing can be more pathetic than see a down cycle and cant do anything about it because you are stuck with an uncompleted project and faced with SSD of 16% if you sell.

please dont over stretch yourself with all these nonsensical prediction and please know our limitation.

If FH is that great, then why you still holding on to your years old LH regent heights? LEASEHOLD 99 leh. TOP 1999, so I guess it must be what 17 to 18 years old liao?

Looks like someone have been very busy awarding 5 stars rating for his Regent Heights property, while give J-Gateway all 1 star rating.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/regent-heights-187

Pathetic. :doh:

ecimbew
30-06-13, 16:05
The new interchange will be integrated with a mixed development known as the Westgate Mall, comprising of a seven-storey shopping mall and a 20-storey office building above it.
http://publictransportsg.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/jurong-east-temporary-interchange/

CapitaMall Trust : Westgate Registers Strong Interest From Retailers
11/27/2012| 10:02pm US/Eastern
NEWS RELEASE For immediate release 27 November 2012
http://www.4-traders.com/CAPITAMALL-...lers-15553282/

Westgate registers strong interest from retailers; Mall is 50% leased ahead of opening by Christmas 2013 International brands such as Isetan and Paul Bakery opening their first stores outside downtown area at Westgate Singapore, 27 November 2012 - About half of the shopping mall, Westgate, has been pre-leased more than a year ahead of its targeted opening in December 2013. Located in Jurong Gateway and the only development directly connected to both the Jurong East MRT and bus interchanges, Westgate has drawn strong interest from retailers. Brands opening their first stores outside Singapore's downtown area at Westgate include popular French bakery and patisserie Paul Bakery and Isetan supermarket.

Westgate is an integrated retail and office development by CapitaMalls Asia Limited, CapitaMall Trust and CapitaLand Limited1. Set to be the premier destination in Singapore's West, the mall has a net lettable area of 416,000 square feet, similar to Raffles City Singapore's retail area. Westgate Tower, the office building in this mixed-use development is about 50% pre- leased to CapitaLand Group who will be moving there progressively from end-2014.

The mall will target middle income families, working professionals, residents in the vicinity, commuters, hospital visitors and students from nearby schools. Its offerings from Basement 2 to Level 5 will meet the varied needs of shoppers:

Level 5 - Fitness First Platinum and My First Skool childcare

Level 4 - Books & Stationery, Kids' Fashion, Toys, Hobbies & Gifts, F&B, Services, with music school Yamaha, children's fitness centre My Gym and a 12,000 square feet thematic wonderland children's playground

Level 3 - Electrical & Electronics, IT, Lifestyle, Sporting Goods & Apparel, F&B

Levels 1 and 2 - High Street & International Fashion, Fashion Accessories, Cosmetics & Skincare, Jewellery & Watches, Shoes & Bags, F&B

CapitaMalls Asia Limited (through its wholly owned-subsidiaries) has a 50% stake in the joint venture developing the site; HSBC Institutional Trust Services (Singapore) Ltd (in its capacity as trustee of CapitaMall Trust) has a 30% stake; and CapitaLand Limited (through its wholly owned subsidiaries) has a 20% stake.

Basement 1 - Casual & Local Fashion, Fashion Accessories, Shoes & Bags, Cosmetics & Skincare, F&B, Services, with Isetan Department Store and Food Republic

Basement 2 - Isetan Japanese Supermarket and Food Hall
Isetan's supermarket will be its first outside Orchard Road and will offer shoppers a different and unique supermarket experience. It will also operate a department store, bringing Japanese fashion to Westgate.

Mr Lim Tien Chun, Managing Director, Isetan (Singapore), said, "Isetan Singapore is looking forward to the opening of our store at Westgate - our sixth in Singapore. It will be our first store in the west of Singapore and also our first Japanese-style supermarket outside Orchard Road. The store will reflect Isetan's vision of Value and Quality and our customers can expect Excitement and Originality when they shop at Isetan Jurong East."

Food Republic will introduce a new thematic concept at Westgate, while Paradise Dynasty will expand its popular xiao long bao concept at ION Orchard to Westgate. Café Crema will operate its second store at Westgate while the mall will also see a new entrant on the F&B scene, Steak
& Seafood Robatayaki Buffet.

Yamaha will operate a music school at Westgate for aspiring musicians. Yamaha Music (Asia) Pte Ltd said, "Since Yamaha's formation in Singapore in 1966, Yamaha has been the leading provider of music education and quality instruments to the local community. Yamaha Music (Asia) is proud to extend its reach to the residents in Jurong East with its new branch in Westgate. With the mall's central location plus accessibility via Jurong East MRT interchange, Yamaha is confident that this branch will effectively impart to the community the benefits of the Yamaha Music Education System with music courses for two year olds to popular music courses for all ages. The new branch will also feature a wide range of instruments, from our well known acoustic pianos, to our widely popular acoustic guitars and electronic drums."

The Courtyard - An alfresco shopping and dining zone

Tapping on the growing popularity of alfresco spaces, Westgate will feature a naturally ventilated area called The Courtyard. This low-rise block from Level 1 to Level 4 faces the Jurong East MRT station and will comprise F&B outlets (many with outdoor refreshment areas) and retail stores. This will be linked to the main retail podium by an inner street and bridges.

The Courtyard will house an intimate semi-outdoor pedestrian street, recreating the ambience of a vibrant shopping street. The area will feature lush landscaping with planting and water features, taking reference from the mangroves and rivers that were in Jurong. The Courtyard will be protected from the elements with a glazed canopy that lets in natural daylight. Ambient temperatures will be kept cool with mechanical means such as jet blowers and air diffusers, and water features with pre-cooled water.

Retailers at The Courtyard include Paul Bakery, Café Crema and Japanese ramen restaurant Menya Musashi.

Themed playground to delight children of all ages

Located at Level 4 will be a one-of-a-kind thematic playground, set to delight children of all ages. The specially customised play area is designed by a US theme park designer whose previous work includes attractions at Universal Studios and Disneyland.

The playground will have different zones to cater to children of varying age groups. It includes a tree top adventure play area within a giant tree trunk with interactive panels, tunnels and bridges. There is also a giant flower pot, which children can scale, and a splash area.

Ms Wee Su Lin, General Manager of Westgate, said, "Westgate will be the catalyst for the transformation of the Jurong Lake District into a key regional hub, the largest outside the Central Business District. We are excited to bring retailers such as Paul Bakery and Isetan Supermarket to Singapore's West with their first stores outside Singapore's downtown core."

"With the influx of many major retailers, Westgate is poised to be a vibrant retail destination on its own. Together with the value-focused IMM Building and entertainment hub JCube nearby, Westgate, IMM and JCube will offer the equivalent of a unique three-in-one mall, meeting the varied needs of shoppers, all easily accessible and linked by a free shuttle bus service and more than 2,200 car park spaces."

About Westgate

Westgate is an integrated retail and office development located in the heart of Jurong Regional Centre, which is set to become the largest hub for commercial developments outside the city centre. Westgate is directly linked to the neighbouring Jurong East MRT and bus interchanges, and amenities such as the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital.

The 416,000 square feet family and lifestyle mall is set to be the premier destination in Singapore's West. Its stores from Basement 2 to Level 5 will meet the varied needs of residents in the vicinity, commuters, working professionals, hospital visitors and students from nearby schools. Retailers include Isetan's first supermarket outside the city centre, Paul Bakery, Food Republic and Paradise Dynasty. The mall is scheduled to start operations by Christmas 2013.

Westgate Tower, the office building of the Westgate development, is a 20-storey prime office tower with 320,000 square feet of lettable area. CapitaLand Group will be moving progressively to Westgate Tower from end-2014.

Westgate is a development by CapitaMalls Asia Limited, CapitaMall Trust and CapitaLand Limited.

ecimbew
30-06-13, 16:14
The new interchange will be integrated with a mixed development known as the Westgate Mall, comprising of a seven-storey shopping mall and a 20-storey office building above it.
http://publictransportsg.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/jurong-east-temporary-interchange/

http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/upload/article/39181__1326423906.jpg

Looks like Gateway Drive will be crowded. In a good way because it's very Wang. Hope there's room for buses to move.

http://www.singaporepropertyforsale.info/jurong-gateway/j-gateway-connected-to-lakeside.jpg

http://www.singaporepropertyforsale.info/jurong-gateway/j-gateway-siteplan.jpg

Kenshinto80
30-06-13, 16:15
Strange to see so many people whacking this project. I just think that the overall quantum is affordable for a unit and there are lots of future potential in this. Even if interest rate goes up or recession, most of the buyers would be able to hold on to their units. Also, MCL has been gracious and did not launch at the initial 1600psf as thought...the bigger units such 3 bedders have still decent psf pricing way below that.

Even more strange to see the boring freehold vs 99years leasehold topic coming into discussion again. To me, as long as the location is good, this silly issue has not much of an impact. I have not seen a location near MRT and shopping mall having problem in resales or rental.

The overall trend is that if one can hold long term, prices of property in Singapore will go up. Of course there are market cycles...but if the buyers for J Gateway have the holding power, not much of an issue.

ecimbew
30-06-13, 16:17
I wonder if 34th floor at J Gateway is higher than 20th floor at Westgate office block.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 16:17
You never follow my thread it seems, I bought RH for rental and would sell when prices peak when the JLD effect is at its hottest, just before market comes down due to a correction before your beloved J gateway construction is even up. Nothing can be more pathetic than see a down cycle and cant do anything about it because you are stuck with an uncompleted project and faced with SSD of 16% if you sell.

yah lah everything you touch is solid gold, anything you cannot afford is bad.

as for Mackenzie 88, why the capital appreciation so lousy huh? Cant even compare to stupid leasehold 99 property in ulu Jurong leh.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 16:20
I wonder if 34th floor at J Gateway is higher than 20th floor at Westgate office block.

J Gateway carpark is above ground, so its already about 5m tall and 2nd floor is perhaps about 4 to 5 floor of normal condo. 34 sure clear.

Regulators
30-06-13, 16:37
$3000/month for a 500+ sqft $850k one bedder at mackenzie 88 at 4.2% rental yield very bad is it ah? Your tiny little 400+sqft one bedder at j gateway with a price of $800k plus with projected rental of $2500 at 3.75% is very good hor. How you pass your maths ah?

yah lah everything you touch is solid gold, anything you cannot afford is bad.

as for Mackenzie 88, why the capital appreciation so lousy huh? Cant even compare to stupid leasehold 99 property in ulu Jurong leh.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 17:59
$3000/month for a 500+ sqft $850k one bedder at mackenzie 88 at 4.2% rental yield very bad is it ah? Your tiny little 400+sqft one bedder at j gateway with a price of $800k plus with projected rental of $2500 at 3.75% is very good hor. How you pass your maths ah?
You are not even answering my question.

a) Why is Mackenzie 88 capital appreciation so lousy as compared to stupid LH99 property in ulu Jurong?

b) Mackenzie rental for 1 bedder is around 2700 to 3000 per month only. Why so low huh? District 9, FH next to MRT leh? almost the same rate as stupid LH99 Caspian 1 bedder rent rate leh.

c) J Gateway hasnt even start piling yet, and you already can predict the rental rate for 1 bedder? Have you dont your research for 1 bedder rental rate around JLD or are you just creating your own numbers to satisfy your own ego?

Ringo33
30-06-13, 18:04
J Gateway buyer huat ah.

Thank you everyone for your overwhelming confidence in J Gateway. We are proud to announce that J Gateway is 100% fully sold in 1day (Preview)!!! Congratulations to our buyers who have the foresight in their purchase.
Http://www.jgatewaysg.com/ (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=Http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jgatewaysg.com%2F&h=dAQFRvt-X&s=1)

Trigger
30-06-13, 18:31
Still quite alot of people at the showroom today. Anyone knows what is the procedure for return units?

Regulators
30-06-13, 19:15
Before u comment M88 capital appreciation lousy, do you even know what is the launch price of the development? Your comment is a joke. Current buying price for m88 one bedder is yielding 4.2% n quoting $2500 for your dog box 400sqft unit at j gateway already a high estimate coz in reality based on current rental in the west, ppl can rent two bedder n above for $3k, so why would they want to live in a dog box? You r threading on very thin ice by relying on one or two transactions in jurong to gauge the rental for your dog box.

a) Why is Mackenzie 88 capital appreciation so lousy as compared to stupid LH99 property in ulu Jurong?

b) Mackenzie rental for 1 bedder is around 2700 to 3000 per month only. Why so low huh? District 9, FH next to MRT leh? almost the same rate as stupid LH99 Caspian 1 bedder rent rate leh.

c) J Gateway hasnt even start piling yet, and you already can predict the rental rate for 1 bedder? Have you dont your research for 1 bedder rental rate around JLD or are you just creating your own numbers to satisfy your own ego?

sunboy77
30-06-13, 19:16

Haha R33, forget it la.
I also asked him all the same questions previously, about
why his mentioned FH River Valley price appreciation is so slow and low,
and why that particular condo has such a rental yield so low,
and why is it still called a good investment sense if both capital appreciation and rental yield are low,
and which unit at J G is already renting at that price that he claims.

He always have no answer one la. Choosing to live in his own fantasies and dreamt that many things have already happened, just to satisfy his ego. Worse for him, when most of the market sentiments don't really go his way.

Forget it la. Let's re-visit this in 3 years and see who is right and who is wrong.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 19:18
Before u comment M88 capital appreciation lousy, do you even know what is the launch price of the development? Your comment is a joke. Current buying price for m88 one bedder is yielding 4.2% n quoting $2500 for your dog box 400sqft unit at j gateway already a high estimate coz in reality based on current rental in the west, ppl can rent two bedder n above for $3k, so why would they want to live in a dog box? You r threading on very thin ice by relying on one or two transactions in jurong to gauge the rental for your dog box.

URA statistic shows that 1 bedder at Caspian is going for around $2900 per month and you expecting J Gateway to be lower? Are you acting cute of just being naive and stupid?

a picture tells a thousand words. Want to guess which project is this?

sunboy77
30-06-13, 19:21

Wah which ulu project is this? How come appreciation is stagnant? Or is this in Lim Chu Kang?

Regulators
30-06-13, 19:31
You r telling me you plonk $800k+ into a 400sqft dog box just based on a single rental transaction for Caspian? How stupid can that get ? When interest rates hit 2+% n you r not able to even get $2800/month, you will have to fork out cash from ur pocket n suffer with only 3+% yield. No smart investor would take the highest transacted rental in that area as a gauge. The developer is stretching u guys towards n uncertain horizon n u think being in the unknown is good?
URA statistic shows that 1 bedder at Caspian is going for around $2900 per month and you expecting J Gateway to be lower? Are you acting cute of just being naive and stupid?

Autumnwinds
30-06-13, 20:11
Good lord, 2.9k for a one bedder at caspian. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ringo33
30-06-13, 21:26
You r telling me you plonk $800k+ into a 400sqft dog box just based on a single rental transaction for Caspian? How stupid can that get ? When interest rates hit 2+% n you r not able to even get $2800/month, you will have to fork out cash from ur pocket n suffer with only 3+% yield. No smart investor would take the highest transacted rental in that area as a gauge. The developer is stretching u guys towards n uncertain horizon n u think being in the unknown is good?

Single transaction? Go look up ura data before comment please. The highest is 3100 per month I think.

sunboy77
30-06-13, 21:37
Hmm.... According to URA data, there were at least 7 studio units at Caspian rented out since Sep 2012. Cheapest was $2.7k. Most ex was $3.1k and $3.5k!

Interesting to note is that besides the 3-mins walk to the Lakeside MRT Station, there is practically zero amenities at the doorstep of Caspian. And such amazing rentals had ALREADY happened despite the JLD not fully developed yet.

Hmm.... Now let's do the math for J Gateway. Quite easy right? :)

Ringo33
30-06-13, 21:39
Hmm.... According to URA data, there were at least 7 studio units at Caspian rented out since Sep 2012. Cheapest was $2.7k. Most ex was $3.1k and $3.5k!

Besides the 3-mins walk to the Lakeside MRT Station, there is practically zero amenities at the doorstep of Caspian. Hmm.... Now let's do the math for J Gateway. Quite easy right? :)

Wah Lao stupid LH 99 in ulu jurong so high. Higher than FH Mackenzie 88

sunboy77
30-06-13, 21:40
Wah Lao stupid LH 99 in ulu jurong so high. Higher than FH Mackenzie 88
Hahahaha lol!

Ringo33
30-06-13, 22:04
Hahahaha lol!

cant even get facts right want to give people investment advice? Lol..

august
30-06-13, 22:21

Interesting to note is that besides the 3-mins walk to the Lakeside MRT Station, there is practically zero amenities at the doorstep of Caspian. And such amazing rentals had ALREADY happened despite the JLD not fully developed yet.

Hmm.... Now let's do the math for J Gateway. Quite easy right? :)

i expect agents like yourself to know how many 1br/studio units there are in Caspian. Do u know?

now in comparison how many 1br/studio units there are in J Gate? the difference is staggering.

Trigger
30-06-13, 22:36
Your point being the additional 100++ 1br units being added from JG in 3 years time will cause the rental of all 1br in that area to drop?

i expect agents like yourself to know how many 1br/studio units there are in Caspian. Do u know?

now in comparison how many 1br/studio units there are in J Gate? the difference is staggering.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 22:44

not when you consider the number of new and additional establishments, jobs and businesses that is moving into JLD over the next 5 to 10 years.

Further west, there is also big Wenya Industrial estates that is currently being develop and also the Cleantech park next to NTU which is going to attract many new companies to the West.

JLD will eventually be a central commercial hub for companies in the western region and a sort after address to live for people working in the west.

At the moment, there are too many jobs coming to west but there is not enough residential supply in the JLD.

smartboy2
30-06-13, 22:56
I personally feel that J gateway is crazily priced for the future, @ 1600 psf.

Its good for your ownstay i guess, knowing what is upcoming to that area with JEM already there and many more establishments in the future.

Investment wise, i would rather choose a more central area, closer to CBD like kallang or marine parade.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 23:08

Its good for your ownstay i guess, knowing what is upcoming to that area with JEM already there and many more establishments in the future.

Investment wise, i would rather choose a more central area, closer to CBD like kallang or marine parade.

whats your criteria for investment property?

Trigger
30-06-13, 23:12
I think majority of the units are below $1600. Low floor 3/4 bedders could even be below $1400.

LaFiestaOwner
30-06-13, 23:15
I think majority of the units are below $1600. Low floor 3/4 bedders could even be below $1400.
The jam is very bad in that area... By car... U check out the MRT station also...But sold out on preview, must be very good.

Regulators
30-06-13, 23:17
The agents doing a damn good job, that is the only thing worth commending. Singaporeans so easy to fool, throw some big plans around n developer can jack up pxs by 600psf above the surrounding projects.
The jam is very bad in that area... By car... U check out the MRT station also...But sold out on preview, must be very good.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 23:19
The agents doing a damn good job, that is the only thing worth commending

Its not the agents, its the product lah.

smartboy2
30-06-13, 23:20
whats your criteria for investment property?

Capital appreciation.

I based my investment on land planning areas, future growth, rentability (who are your future tenants)

And one key factor i personally see as alot of people have overlooked.

VIEW.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 23:28
Capital appreciation.

I based my investment on land planning areas, future growth, rentability (who are your future tenants)

And one key factor i personally see as alot of people have overlooked.

VIEW.

In terms of planning area, future growth, and rental, I think JLD is perhap the best suburban district you can find.

Why do you think J Gateway has got no potential for capital appreciations?

If neighboring Caspian can rent out their 1 bedder at 3K, I am sure J Gateway should be able to command 3.5K min. Wont high rental not push the property price higher?

smartboy2
30-06-13, 23:35
In terms of planning area, future growth, and rental, I think JLD is perhap the best suburban district you can find.

If neighboring Caspian can rent out their 1 bedder at 3K, I am sure J Gateway should be able to command 3.5K min. Wont high rental not push the property price higher?

JLD has Potential. Just that i am not too sure how much it can go up till.

I hope the middle income gap increases.

If you're getting for ownstay is the best. long term. Also serve as investment.

There is no doubt for sure if higher rental will lead to Higher asking prices.

But the thing is, will more people from the east(Richer ones) be willing to relocate to jurong in the future? I'm not too sure. Unless the Jurong becomes very "wang" !

Depends on Govt, perhaps they want to balance things out.

august
30-06-13, 23:45

LOL, too simplistic. When interest rate goes up let's see what kind of rental yield there is.

Ringo33
30-06-13, 23:59
LOL, too simplistic. When interest rate goes up let's see what kind of rental yield there is.

Please dont try to make your simplistic response sound credible.
Presenting in front of you are FACTS and FIGURES, not some made up numbers pluck from the air.

When interest rate rises, all property owners in Singapore will be affected, but those affected most will be owners of property with low yield. If you look up squarefoot.com.sg, you will noticed that Jurong condo rental yield among the best in Singapore, so jurong residents will have lease worries.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:06
JLD has Potential. Just that i am not too sure how much it can go up till.

I hope the middle income gap increases.

If you're getting for ownstay is the best. long term. Also serve as investment.

There is no doubt for sure if higher rental will lead to Higher asking prices.

But the thing is, will more people from the east(Richer ones) be willing to relocate to jurong in the future? I'm not too sure. Unless the Jurong becomes very "wang" !

Depends on Govt.

There are over 1m of residents population surrounding JLD and majority are in the age of between 20 to 40 years old. And thats the reason why J Gateway sold out within a day and i am sure it has got nothing to do with "RICH" people from the east etc.

Every thing about Jurong gateway is already in motion, hence MND and Khaw Boon Wan himself is moving into JLD next year. Hence there is absolutely nothing that can stop it from being the largest commercial and regional center our CBD.

august
01-07-13, 00:06
Presenting in front of you are FACTS and FIGURES, not some made up numbers pluck from the air.

When interest rate rises, all property owners in Singapore will be affected, but those affected most will be owners of property with low yield. If you look up squarefoot.com.sg, you will noticed that Jurong condo rental yield among the best in Singapore, so jurong residents will have lease worries.

and what FACTS do u have when it comes to J Gate's future rental?
J gate has potential. but dont try too hard please. it is looking silly.

Regulators
01-07-13, 00:08
jurong rental yield is good for people who purchase as first owners or at a low price of $600-700psf, not at your entry level for j gateway. You keep looking at JLD development and the rental amount of Caspian to justify ur purchase without looking at ur entry price, which is a fatal mistake. Any resale project would fare better than your buy for one simple reason that u still cannot collect rental income now and have to wait 4 years. u are placing a very heavy bet on what is happening 4 years from now and that is what i mean as uncertain future. if investors can start collecting rent at the onset they are already years ahead of you and $150k richer than u before you even get the keys to ur j gateway unit, which was why i recommended u to buy a new resale unit which is readily rentable. If you choose to focus too much on statistics and speculate only what is going to happen 4 years down the road, then good luck to you. In the meantime, smart investors would already be having money in their pockets every month even before u start anything.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:19
jurong rental yield is good for people who purchase as first owners or at a low price of $600-700psf, not at your entry level for j gateway. You keep looking at JLD development and the rental amount of Caspian to justify ur purchase without looking at ur entry price, which is a fatal mistake. Any resale project would fare better than your buy for one simple reason that u still cannot collect rental income now and have to wait 4 years.
I am not sure what rubbish you are talking about here. When comparing rental yield, we always use CURRENT rent with CURRENT price. Nobody is interest to know about what entry or historical price.

Please stop biting off more than you can chew. What happen to our Mackenzie 88 discussion? Why capital appreciation so low huh? Rental also low leh, almost similar to rental rate of Caspian.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:23
The FACT is that rent is all about supply and demand. And I have already presented to you the demand side of the equation, and I have also presented example of 1 bedder rent at Caspian. Why Caspian? Because thats is the only TOP project in Jurong Area that has got 1 bedder MM apartment.

Calling me silly without supporting facts only make you look weak. Please try harder next time.

Adva181
01-07-13, 00:24
A story of my friend.
Recently he just bought a 3BR resale condo at 1.5m.
Including SD, he paid 1.65m. The rental at the place is currently only 3.6k.
The net yield is only 2%. He was thinking its ok as long as he can cover the monthly installment.

I see him getting into himself into a "trap". Assuming 5 years later (after 4yrs SSD), he wants to sell at 100k profit, and with everything remain status quote, the next buyer must fork out 2m (including BSD) for a miserable 1+% yield on a 10 yrs old condo. Can he find that buyer?

Next worry for him is when interest rate rise to 3.5% or above. He will have to top up cash as his rental is not sufficient to cover his loan.

I think J getway is slightly better.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:25
A story of my friend.
Recently he just bought a 3BR resale condo at 1.5m.
Including SD, he paid 1.65m. The rental at the place is currently only 3.6k.
The net yield is only 2%. He was thinking its ok as long as he can cover the monthly installment.

I see him getting into himself into a "trap". Assuming 5 years later (after 4yrs SSD), he wants to sell at 100k profit, and with everything remain status quote, the next buyer must fork out 2m (including BSD) for a miserable 1+% yield on a 10 yrs old condo. Can he find that buyer?

Next worry for him is when interest rate rise to 3.5% or above. He will have to top up cash as his rental is not sufficient to cover his loan.

I think J getway is slightly better.

I am sure your friend's condo is not location within the JLD.

ecimbew
01-07-13, 00:28
Its not the agents, its the product lah.

Ringo33, did you or your family or friends buy J Gateway?

Autumnwinds
01-07-13, 00:33
Ringo33, did you or your family or friends buy J Gateway?

As per what I've asked a few times. I have not gotten a reply. I'm not sure if it's himself he is trying to convince.:D

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:36
As per what I've asked a few times. I have not gotten a reply. I'm not sure if it's himself he is trying to convince.:D

why you guy so busy body. Yes or No, it's still sold out project.

ecimbew
01-07-13, 00:37
Ivory Heights looks cheap at below $800 psf.
Westmere is slightly better at below $900 psf.
These 2 older condos look rather appealing now since they are within walking distance to Jurong East mrt interchange and in the JLD plan.

Pardon me... Ivory Heights was HUDC privatised. Enbloc potential leh.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:37
Ivory Heights looks cheap at below $800 psf.
Westmere is slightly better at below $900 psf.
These 2 older condos look rather appealing now since they are within walking distance to Jurong East mrt interchange and in the JLD plan.

did you check how many units are being put of market for sale? :D

smartboy2
01-07-13, 00:40
There are over 1m of residents population surrounding JLD and majority are in the age of between 20 to 40 years old. And thats the reason why J Gateway sold out within a day and i am sure it has got nothing to do with "RICH" people from the east etc.

Every thing about Jurong gateway is already in motion, hence MND and Khaw Boon Wan himself is moving into JLD next year. Hence there is absolutely nothing that can stop it from being the largest commercial and regional center our CBD.

I'm definitely going to keep a close one on the commercial side of jurong!

If you have gotten your choice unit for J gateway, congrats to you!

To other bros in forum, this place is to share ideas, i hope you guys dont get overly affected. And start bashing.

One's man meat is another's poison.

Regulators
01-07-13, 00:40
mackenzie 88 capital appreciation low??? What rubbish are you sprouting? M88 has gone up by $600-800psf and you call that low? As mentioned, anyone purchasing a one bedder at m88 now would be faring much better than ur tiny dog box in j gateway coz by the time u collect the keys to ur dog box, the m88 new owner would already have earned rental income of $3000 x 48 = $144000. That is just the side dish. From now till j gateway TOP, there will be another spike in price for all condos in singapore as goonies like you would have helped the general property market move up a notch. When m88 increases by another $300psf before you get the keys to your dog box, the m88 owner would have cashed out with $144k + $150k = $294k gross while goonies like u will still be dreaming about ur set of keys to the dog box. This is a classic example of what it means by a bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

I am not sure what rubbish you are talking about here. When comparing rental yield, we always use CURRENT rent with CURRENT price. Nobody is interest to know about what entry or historical price.

Please stop biting off more than you can chew. What happen to our Mackenzie 88 discussion? Why capital appreciation so low huh? Rental also low leh, almost similar to rental rate of Caspian.

ecimbew
01-07-13, 00:44
J Gateway folks living on high floor like... 21st storey and above will have good view... Let's check out Ivory Heights

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-meyzMbVFU2Y/Tw3CcIWtUGI/AAAAAAAAAVw/ZgyOdiDlvpE/s1600/Ivory+Heights-03.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a6qT5TETjn8/Tw3CmdffyRI/AAAAAAAAAXU/bJo9ZhdXUBY/s1600/Ivory+Heights-16.jpg

ecimbew
01-07-13, 00:45
did you check how many units are being put of market for sale? :D

I don't have such insider's info. Please share. Thank you so much.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:47
I'm definitely going to keep a close one on the commercial side of jurong!

If you have gotten your choice unit for J gateway, congrats to you!

To other bros in forum, this place is to share ideas, i hope you guys dont get overly affected. And start bashing.

One's man meat is another's poison.

The commercial side of JLD is the easiest part as there are so many ways which URA can develop it. e.g. releasing a new commercial site for medical center to compliment NTFGH, like Novena.

The harder part of the equation will be to build tourist attraction over at Lakeside area. And for that to happen, I think they will need to bring in RWS.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:48
I don't have such insider's info. Please share. Thank you so much.

What insider? Just look at propertyguru lah.

IH, 2 listing. 1 asking around 1000psf.
Westmere, 1 listing.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 00:52
mackenzie 88 capital appreciation low??? What rubbish are you sprouting? M88 has gone up by $600-800psf and you call that low? As mentioned, anyone purchasing a one bedder at m88 now would be faring much better than ur tiny dog box in j gateway coz by the time u collect the keys to ur dog box, the m88 new owner would already have earned rental income of $3000 x 48 = $144000. That is just the side dish. From now till j gateway TOP, there will be another spike in price for all condos in singapore as goonies like you would have helped the general property market move up a notch. When m88 increases by another $300psf before you get the keys to your dog box, the m88 owner would have cashed out with $144k + $150k = $294k gross while goonies like u will still be dreaming about ur set of keys to the dog box. This is a classic example of what it means by a bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

If you want to compare new launch vs resale, then you should work out cashflow statement for both scenario, dont just calculate rental income and not cash outlay for buying resale unit. Then again, I dont see any point is such discussion in J Gateway thread.

wanna guess which condo is this?

ecimbew
01-07-13, 00:55
The commercial side of JLD is the easiest part as there are so many ways which URA can develop it. e.g. releasing a new commercial site for medical center to compliment NTFGH, like Novena.

The harder part of the equation will be to build tourist attraction over at Lakeside area.

And for that to happen, I think they will need to bring in RWS.

I guess it is not possible.

Casino type of integrated resorts cannot come to heartland. (Not I say one)

But to have so many hotel-designated plots around the Jurong Lake, I am hoping there will be attractive tourist attractions in JLD.

Kallang has its sports hub and close to the marina shopping belt as excuse. I'm not sure about JLD. Bird Park? Omni Theatre? Gov need to think of some attraction soon to make this place work.

ecimbew
01-07-13, 00:56
What insider? Just look at propertyguru lah.

IH, 2 listing. 1 asking around 1000psf.
Westmere, 1 listing.

Huh you only look at propert guru? Disappointed leh. Don't just pay $400 for showroom leh.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 01:02

But to have so many hotel-designated plots around the Jurong Lake, I am hoping there will be attractive tourist attractions in JLD.

Kallang has its sports hub and close to the marina shopping belt as excuse. I'm not sure about JLD. Bird Park? Omni Theatre? Gov need to think of some attraction soon to make this place work.

There are many way which government could do. One possible way is to let RWS expand their casino operations at Sentosa (ie. bigger gaming floor area), and in return having them to invest in a theme park in JLD.

There is actually a very big plan for the lakeside district coming as the government has already engaged an external company to study the use of mono rail like human transporter for the lakeside district. And this is to connect all the various attractions from different corner of JLD.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 01:03
Huh you only look at propert guru? Disappointed leh. Don't just pay $400 for showroom leh.

propertyguru is a good gauge.

It pretty shows that Westmere and IH owners are not selling because they know the potential of holding on. Perhaps for IH case they might be thinking about en bloc as well.

smartboy2
01-07-13, 01:03

You have a point.

Largely depend on the govt to promote the area just like how they promoted punggol.

Kallang has the riverside vibe and good eateries around. I noted a high volume of subsale transactions recently for Waterbank.

Regulators
01-07-13, 01:05
since u want to compare j gateway and m88, i am comparing it for you to see whether buying j gateway now or m88 is smarter. As illustrated, if the m88 investor puts 20% down on his property now and rents it out immediately, he would be earning $294k in profit conservatively 4 years later when j gateway TOPs. As you have also put 20% down on your j gateway dog box at the same time that yields no income, u will be banking on ur 400sqft dog box moving up in price from $800k to $1.09 million just to earn that $294k profit. Do you even think you can achieve that price? I can tell you based on the current rental statistics in jurong, only an idiot would pay $1.09 million for your unit when rental is less than $3k. If you expect rental for your tiny unit to shoot up in rental to $4k to justify ur selling price of more than $1 million, I think you can seriously dream on.

If you want to compare new launch vs resale, then you should work out cashflow statement for both scenario, dont just calculate rental income and not cash outlay for buying resale unit. Then again, I dont see any point is such discussion in J Gateway thread.

wanna guess which condo is this?

Ringo33
01-07-13, 01:07
You have a point.

Largely depend on the govt to promote the area just like how they promoted punggol.

Kallang has the riverside vibe and good eateries around. I noted a high volume of subsale transactions recently for Waterbank.

I am not very optimistic about the sports hub. Such an expensive facility, how many Singaporeans or organization can actually use it for sports purpose?

Perhaps within 3 years or so, they will suffer the same fate as the Singapore flyer.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 01:10
since u want to compare j gateway and m88, i am comparing it for you to see whether buying j gateway now or m88 is smarter. As illustrated, if the m88 investor puts 20% down on his property now and rents it out immediately, he would be earning $294k in profit conservatively 4 years later when j gateway TOPs. As you have also put 20% down on your j gateway dog box at the same time that yields no income, u will be banking on ur 400sqft dog box moving up in price from $800k to $1.09 million just to earn that $294k profit. Do you even think you can achieve that price? I can tell you based on the current rental statistics in jurong, only an idiot would pay $1.09 million for your unit when rental is less than $3k. If you expect rental for your tiny unit to shoot up in rental to $4k to justify ur selling price of more than $1 million, I think you can seriously dream on.
What you are highlighting above is about Resale vs New Launch, it has got nothing to show the M88 is a good investment, and that Jurong condo are stupid leasehold. I hope you can see that what you are saying are pretty meaningless.

And please, I am not interested to talk about M88, I am just asking who you could think so highly about M88 when its capital appreciation and rent is so lousy.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 01:13
this might help to make people understand what exactly is JLD.

* 5.4million sqft of office space, which is equivalent to more than 4 blocks of One Raffles Quay.

* 2.7million sqft of commercial space for retail F&B etc. About 2 x the size of VIVOCITY

* 2800 hotel rooms - which is about having 1 MBS (2600rooms)

* Ng Teng Fong Hosipital + Jurong Community Hospital (total : 1100 beds) - About the size of NUH which has slightly less than 1100 beds

* 220ha land for attractions - 3 times the land area of RWS

Regulators
01-07-13, 01:15
u have nothing else to say so u deem it as meaningless? buying resale or buying new launch is all about making money, it is either making the money now or later. A smart investor would make the money now, unless new launch prices are very low, they dont mind taking a calculated risk to make the money later. The problem is if you opt to make the money later, there is no guarantee you can achieve the same profit margin as what the person who bought the resale has achieved. I have illustrated to you why buying m88 one bedder at current prices is a better investment that buying one bedder j gateway at future pricing. Another issue to highlight is there are many one bedroom units in j gateway and it would be an incredible challenge to get the desired rental when TOP.

What you are highlighting above is about Resale vs New Launch, it has got nothing to show the M88 is a good investment, and that Jurong condo are stupid leasehold. I hope you can see that what you are saying are pretty meaningless.

Then again, why M88 rent is so low compare to Caspian? Also capital appreciation is damn lousy as well. why huh?

Ringo33
01-07-13, 01:18
u have nothing else to say so u deem it as meaningless? buying resale or buying new launch is all about making money, it is either making the money now or later. A smart investor would make the money now, unless new launch prices are very low, they dont mind taking a calculated risk to make the money later. The problem is if you opt to make the money later, there is no guarantee you can achieve the same profit margin as what the person who bought the resale has achieved. I have illustrated to you why buying m88 one bedder at current prices is a better investment that buying one bedder j gateway at future pricing. Another issue to highlight is there are many one bedroom units in j gateway and it would be an incredible challenge to get the desired rental.

I will start a thread for you to talk about resale vs new launch

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=411280#post411280

dtrax
01-07-13, 02:37
Buyers beware of mrt tracks.. it is really jin scary. Why scary? Coz I have been permanent austerity for more than 15 yrs, staying close to mrt track, beside main roads with petrol kiosk. Therefore I can safely say mrt track noise is jin jin scary but of cse after u stay for many many yrs, u will get used to it. So those who buy to stay n facing the track, better get mentally prepared and get used to the noise. Those hoot for investment no fear lah

Ringo33
01-07-13, 02:43
Buyers beware of mrt tracks.. it is really jin scary. Why scary? Coz I have been permanent austerity for more than 15 yrs, staying close to mrt track, beside main roads with petrol kiosk. Therefore I can safely say mrt track noise is jin jin scary but of cse after u stay for many many yrs, u will get used to it. So those who buy to stay n facing the track, better get mentally prepared and get used to the noise. Those hoot for investment no fear lah

I think lta say they are increasing the frequency of train service as well. BUT with khaw boon wan office next to the track i am sure something will be done to contain the noise.

ecimbew
01-07-13, 06:53
There are many way which government could do. One possible way is to let RWS expand their casino operations at Sentosa (ie. bigger gaming floor area), and in return having them to invest in a theme park in JLD.

There is actually a very big plan for the lakeside district coming as the government has already engaged an external company to study the use of mono rail like human transporter for the lakeside district. And this is to connect all the various attractions from different corner of JLD.

You have definitely done your research well, defend this product relentlessly till wee hours, and answer our queries religiously.

I hereby give you a throphy as an encouragement. Please continue.

http://www.renos.com.au/media/content_pages/news/rk-protege-takes-prize/champion_trophy_211x267.jpg

Jurong to be transformed into a Lake District for business and leisure

4 Apr 08

JURONG will undergo a dramatic transformation to become a unique lakeside destination for business and leisure in 10 to 15 years.
The blueprint for Jurong Lake District was unveiled by National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan on Friday morning at the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) seminar before a gathering of 500 developers, architects, and other industry players.

The ambitious plan involves enlarging waterways, building 1,000 new private homes, 2,800 hotel rooms and offices on the fringes, and adding new tourist attractions and landscaped open spaces.

Jurong Lake District will consist of two complementary precincts - Jurong Gateway and Lakeside - around the Jurong East MRT Station and Jurong Lake in the west region of Singapore.

The area around the Jurong East MRT Station, to be known as Jurong Gateway, will be developed into an attractive commercial hub serving the west region, outside the city centre.

A new and unique leisure destination, to be known as Lakeside, will be created around Jurong Lake with edutainment attractions for the whole family.

New waterways and pedestrian linkages will provide seamless connections between the two precincts. An integrated network of pedestrian walkways between buildings and public facilities will also be created.

New landscaped open spaces and park connectors at the street-level and skyrise greenery in buildings will add to the already lush and scenic areas.

Said Mrs Cheong Koon Hean, URA's Chief Executive Officer: 'Jurong Gateway and Lakeside are precious gems which offer exciting opportunities for the development of leisure attractions and the biggest commercial hub outside the city centre.

'To realise this vision, the planners have developed strategies that capitalise on the wonderful assets these areas have. These include building upon the strategic location of Jurong Gateway which is well served by road and rail, and in the midst of a large population and customer catchment.

'The lake and its greenery are also unique features which can be enhanced. We would like to bring about a transformed image for this area. The Jurong Lake District will become a much sought after lakeside destination for business and leisure.'

The total potential area for development is 360 hectares, close to the size of Marina Bay.

The existing Chinese and Japanese Gardens will have added new facilities and activities to make them more attractive for both residents and tourists.

URA said all the attractions around the Jurong Lake will be developed with 'a sensitive approach to the surrounding environment and natural greenery.'

The blueprint for Jurong Lake District is part of URA's 2008 Draft Master Plan, drawn up with feedback from community leaders and industry players.

Nman
01-07-13, 08:10
How MCL land conduct balloting process/ can any one tel? My fren told me he cant get it. I dunno whether true or not?

sunboy77
01-07-13, 09:27

So your point is?
The 1br in Caspian will command a higher rental than the 1br in J Gateway because J Gateway has more 1br? Going along your line of argument, then studio units at Sail at Marina should be just commanding $1.5k rental per month.

sunboy77
01-07-13, 09:38
Facts and figures means empirical data to show numbers that had ALREADY happened. Even if one rents out his 1br at the same price as the current average rental price of Caspian at $3k, rental yield is already 4.5% for a $800k 1br J Gateway unit.

But J Gateway commanding only the same current rental of Caspian? Inflation going to be zero? JLD has already stopped developing? Get real.

thomastansb
01-07-13, 10:08
If influx of foreigners slow down further as demanded by Singaporeans, then I am not sure if 3k rental is realistic. Maybe we should estimate 2.3 to 2.5k because in 3 to 4 years time, there will be so many units which are going to TOP. In Tg Pagar alone, we will have Altez, skysuites, 76 shenton, robinson suites, V @ shenton, the condo in front of Lumiere (not sure about the name). That is more than triple the number that we have now.

If 2.5k / 800k, we will be looking at only 3.75% yield. Not a good yield if you ask me. And interest rate will be going up by then. Barely breakeven.

Facts and figures means empirical data to show numbers that had ALREADY happened. Even if one rents out his 1br at the same price as the current average rental price of Caspian at $3k, rental yield is already 4.5% for a $800k 1br J Gateway unit.

But J Gateway commanding only the same current rental of Caspian? Inflation going to be zero? JLD has already stopped developing? Get real.

LiveYoung
01-07-13, 11:59
If influx of foreigners slow down further as demanded by Singaporeans, then I am not sure if 3k rental is realistic. Maybe we should estimate 2.3 to 2.5k because in 3 to 4 years time, there will be so many units which are going to TOP. In Tg Pagar alone, we will have Altez, skysuites, 76 shenton, robinson suites, V @ shenton, the condo in front of Lumiere (not sure about the name). That is more than triple the number that we have now.

If 2.5k / 800k, we will be looking at only 3.75% yield. Not a good yield if you ask me. And interest rate will be going up by then. Barely breakeven.

Inflation over the years can't be ignored, eventually the rental will increase yoy. It's a matter of whether rental increase due to inflation can catch up with that of interest rate increase.

amk
01-07-13, 12:36
just curious, what is the maintenance fee for 1/2/3 bd here ? (agents can share ? sold out already so no worries ;) )

riverfish
01-07-13, 14:06

I had sent an email to developers' sales reps earlier asking for written confirmation that the so-call low-e windows which will be installed in the units will effectively block out ALL noise, in view of the MRT tracks and busy roads. They were evasive and simply replied saying the agents will tell me the details at the launch.

If developers are sure that the windows can block out ALL outside noise, they would have confidently issued a written assurance to the buyers.:confused:

I asked myself if I can bear with the noise and live there. The answer is no, I can't. Hence, I wouldn't assume that the tenants or subsequent buyers on subsale market will be prepared to put up with the noise, if I am not able to. That was the factor that swayed me against buying a unit there.I was almost,almost tempted to buy.

skins
01-07-13, 15:56
just curious, what is the maintenance fee for 1/2/3 bd here ? (agents can share ? sold out already so no worries ;) )

i rem 3 bedder was 240 or 260

Autumnwinds
01-07-13, 16:07
I think lta say they are increasing the frequency of train service as well. BUT with khaw boon wan office next to the track i am sure something will be done to contain the noise.

KenobiWan's office will surely be 100% sound proof. Double glazed sound proof whatever.....

Same cannot be said for the developments around the area.

phantom_opera
01-07-13, 16:35
if want to invest dun complain about noise, if want to stay might as well buy CCR or somewhere nearer to town with underground MRT

dtrax
01-07-13, 16:40
Question is kenobi office can afford to 24/7 aircon or permanent closed window since office in aircon mode. If homestay can also be the same then no fear

LiveYoung
01-07-13, 17:05
I had sent an email to developers' sales reps earlier asking for written confirmation that the so-call low-e windows which will be installed in the units will effectively block out ALL noise, in view of the MRT tracks and busy roads. They were evasive and simply replied saying the agents will tell me the details at the launch.

If developers are sure that the windows can block out ALL outside noise, they would have confidently issued a written assurance to the buyers.:confused:

I asked myself if I can bear with the noise and live there. The answer is no, I can't. Hence, I wouldn't assume that the tenants or subsequent buyers on subsale market will be prepared to put up with the noise, if I am not able to. That was the factor that swayed me against buying a unit there.I was almost,almost tempted to buy.

It's a nono for people with neurasthenia. And instead of getting used to the track noise, I suspect a higher probability of getting more and more frustrated. I personally can't imagine how to get over the noise at such short intervals. But after all, the location provides ultimate convenience for any who work or study nearby and will most likely to be the most vibrant place in OCR a few years down the road when the infrastructure is lock and loaded. Nothing is perfect in this world.

amk
01-07-13, 17:07
if want to invest dun complain about noise, if want to stay might as well buy CCR or somewhere nearer to town with underground MRT
exactly. let's not kid ourselves about any illusion of "sound insulation" of any sort.

This is between MRT track and a busy road. either one alone is already not good for own stay.

And this MRT track is even special: it's an "interchange", so there are 2 sets of trains coming in/out. This is double that of a normal track.

august
01-07-13, 17:49
not forgetting the loud buses going in and out of the interchange... nothing's perfect.

phantom_opera
01-07-13, 18:06
same thing for Bedok Residences - track noise, buses, busy road ... it was sold off very fast and good for investment but I wouldn't want to stay at any place with "diesel fume" in/out 1000x more than normal daily

Ringo33
01-07-13, 18:34
KenobiWan's office will surely be 100% sound proof. Double glazed sound proof whatever.....

Same cannot be said for the developments around the area.

I am not too sure about that because according to JLD masterplan, the entire site is suppose to include sustainability blueprint and builds are suppose to meet high green mark rating. S

URA proactively included aspects of the sustainability blueprint in the JLD planning efforts, such as the incorporation of landscaped open space and pedestrian park connectors, to heighten the sense of greenery and closeness to nature and increase accessibility to existing transit, public facilities, and venues. Land sale requirements were also put in place to encourage developers to achieve higher Green Mark ratings (Platinum and GoldPlus) for new buildings.

Additional initiatives promote "sky rise" greenery—the addition of elevated parks, gardens, and green roofs on rooftops and skyways; the protection and enhancement of biodiversity; the reduction of resource use through building rehabilitation; and the increase of water catchment and treatment using natural systems whenever possible.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 18:36
not forgetting the loud buses going in and out of the interchange... nothing's perfect.

Its a fully integrated air condition bus terminal and its entrance is not sharing the same road as J-Gateway

Grimloq
01-07-13, 21:10
Regulators has provided an analysis of the facts. Ringo, why not try to address it rather than posting a irrelevant reply?

Also if you answer whether you have bought a unit, then we will know whether you have vested interest.

And please, I am not interested to talk about M88, I am just asking who you could think so highly about M88 when its capital appreciation and rent is so lousy.

Autumnwinds
01-07-13, 21:42
Regulators has provided an analysis of the facts. Ringo, why not try to address it rather than posting a irrelevant reply?

Also if you answer whether you have bought a unit, then we will know whether you have vested interest.

*clap clap*

I look forward to knowing the answers to this. Many have asked this question, till date no reply has been given.

Honestly not hard to guess the answer la ;) ;) ;)

Lovelle
01-07-13, 22:04

may i know how much these caspian buyers paid for the studio ?

kane
01-07-13, 22:10
same thing for Bedok Residences - track noise, buses, busy road ... it was sold off very fast and good for investment but I wouldn't want to stay at any place with "diesel fume" in/out 1000x more than normal daily

just thought of what the purifiers in the house can be used after the haze. heh.

Ringo33
01-07-13, 22:15

May I know which analysis are you talking about? Buying MK88 is better than J gateway or is he able to make $290k profit from MK88 before buyer of J Gateway collect his keys or buying resale better than new launches, OR Caspian annual rate of appreciation is almost double of MK88, or Caspian 1 bedder rental is almost or on par with MK88 FH D8 CCR MRT, or J GATEWAY Rental will be lower than Caspian?

Ringo33
01-07-13, 22:30
Here is a very detail sky shot of what URA is planning for JLD.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8103/emey.jpg

ecimbew
01-07-13, 22:53
Its a fully integrated air condition bus terminal and its entrance is not sharing the same road as J-Gateway

Correction
It's a fully integrated bus interchange with air-conditioned passenger waiting area. However, we can be sure about the entrance of the bus interchange yet. We will have to wait and see.