PDA

View Full Version : JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

ecimbew
18-06-13, 19:32
Within Keppel Bay 500m no major amenities like malls,office, hospital. Not as intergrated as JLD.

Wahahahaha
Hello oops. How's cheque collection so far?

CondoSGP
18-06-13, 19:44
Sorry, I'm thinking to purchase my very first condo but not very sure the process. GO through the thread mention the sales is start from next Friday so I need to submit the cheque first. Does it mean if I want to purchase one unit like #01-01, 1 Million. SO I need to sign a cheque and submit, and wat will be the figure I need to fill? If there is balloting require, and if I'm not got it, the cheque will be return, but if got it, I need to arrange with bank for the loan?

Ringo33
18-06-13, 19:47
Wahahahaha
Hello oops. How's cheque collection so far?

I think the take up rate of this site is going to shock many industry player.

Try going this weekend and you will know.

ecimbew
18-06-13, 20:03

Yes yes no doubt. I was there on the first day. I don't have place to sit down.

ecimbew
18-06-13, 20:05
Sorry, I'm thinking to purchase my very first condo but not very sure the process. GO through the thread mention the sales is start from next Friday so I need to submit the cheque first. Does it mean if I want to purchase one unit like #01-01, 1 Million. SO I need to sign a cheque and submit, and wat will be the figure I need to fill? If there is balloting require, and if I'm not got it, the cheque will be return, but if got it, I need to arrange with bank for the loan?

Submit cheque first for interest in the unit you are eyeing. But I think there might be ballots.

Regulators
18-06-13, 20:07
Better think twice before it is too late

Regulators
18-06-13, 20:20
I find it so ironical that the same group of noise maker first time home buyers that complain pty price too high are now buying pty at such high prices. I think this project will punish these noise makers jialat jialat and I do not think there will be many existing pty owners willing to pay absd to buy this project

Coolstuff
18-06-13, 20:29

No need to fill in any figure. But better to check how much u can loan first. Got many bankers there to help u do this.

riverfish
18-06-13, 21:07

Agree, I think this project will be a major sellout, with a capital M. The interesting thing is to see what psf price pple are willing to fork out - will it go higher than $1600++psf, if so how high will it go?

Sure isn't prudent to chase after the price.

Mu
18-06-13, 21:15
I will sit, watch and wait in the sidelines....Really keen to know about the sales. Also an excellent opportunity to study herd behavior:D

Anyways no more vitamin M:(

Regulators
18-06-13, 21:25
I also cant believe there r ppl who rely solely on what showroom agents tell them without doing their own independent research on rental. Really unbelievable.
I will sit, watch and wait in the sidelines....Really keen to know about the sales. Also an excellent opportunity to study herd behavior:D

Amber Woods
18-06-13, 21:35
Are we at the Peaking Phase of the cycle?

Signs of Peaking phase (Boom)

Vacancy rates are low
Rents rise rapidly to levels that place significant financial pressure on tenants
Yields fall as prices rise proportionally more than rents rise
Easy to obtain property finance
The length of time to sell a property reduces markedly
Sellers regularly achieve asking price
Many first time buyers
Few repossessions or distressed sale
Strong demand spurs new supply
New construction underway and in the pipeline
Prices increase rapidly before flattening and peaking

henryhk
18-06-13, 21:38
Can someone tell me is the Faber walk site $687psf bid by world class land higher or the Jurong gateway land?

star
18-06-13, 21:47
Can someone tell me is the Faber walk site $687psf bid by world class land higher or the Jurong gateway land?

Jurong gateway $705psf
See this: http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Boon+Lay+Way+site+next+to+Jurong+East+MRT+sees+12+bids+with+a+top+bid+of+$369m+by+MCL+Land/

henryhk
18-06-13, 21:51
Heng ah, still got buffer, if not CM8 sure come after next Friday! I don't why 18 developers so bullish about Faber walk, tat place took many years to sell tat Faber condo, last time!

westman
18-06-13, 21:52
This place makes all my pc looked dirt cheap.

Think it make most RCR looks good!
Caspian started the bull run... what will JGate will be?
BTW.. I missed the Caspian boat big time...

Am thinking should I go for JG so as not to miss again..

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 22:04
Think it make most RCR looks good!
Caspian started the bull run... what will JGate will be?
BTW.. I missed the Caspian boat big time...

Am thinking should I go for JG so as not to miss again..

Ah i remember the caspian effect. I went there but majority sold out. Then i bought subsale and sold it for a good profit. I was so sure it will make money even though the one i bought has some views of the mrt. Hehe.

Buy if you have spare cash. I wont buy bcos i cannot flip. So i will just buy fh subsale.

Amber Woods
18-06-13, 22:10
Heng ah, still got buffer, if not CM8 sure come after next Friday! I don't why 18 developers so bullish about Faber walk, tat place took many years to sell tat Faber condo, last time!

Developers will bid higher for any land sale. All they need is to put more rooms into each unit they built (eg 3 rooms into a 800 sqft unit or 4 rooms into a 900 unit) and sell to people at higher psf. People will still buy because they are still affordable.

taeyeon
18-06-13, 22:20
Jurong gateway $705psf
See this: http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Boon+Lay+Way+site+next+to+Jurong+East+MRT+sees+12+bids+with+a+top+bid+of+$369m+by+MCL+Land/

I still prefer faber walk as I want peace and cannot squeeze with the 6.9mii people who will gather are jurong east

taeyeon
18-06-13, 22:21
Developers will bid higher for any land sale. All they need is to put more rooms into each unit they built (eg 3 rooms into a 800 sqft unit or 4 rooms into a 900 unit) and sell to people at higher psf. People will still buy because they are still affordable.

Lol how true. World class land expert in Mickey Mouse?

Autumnwinds
18-06-13, 22:25

Same here. I'm going to sit in the sidelines and watch :D

I honestly believe if one were to purchase J gateway for own stay, I'd definitely not envy them. After studying the floor plans, the surrounding areas, is it truly conducive to be living there? The convenience comes at a price though (no pun on 1600psf)

taeyeon
18-06-13, 22:29

I honestly believe if one were to purchase J gateway for own stay, I'd definitely not envy them. After studying the floor plans, the surrounding areas, is it truly conducive to be living there? The convenience comes at a price though (no pun on 1600psf)

Seems like surrounding too crowded for own stay.

Yet buy to rent the yield also cui

hyenergix
18-06-13, 22:30

If I have bullets, this is the only one tt entices me to buy a unit. Malls, shops, eateries, library, recreation, MRT, univerisities n polytechnics, bus interchange, banks, offices, direct bus to Bukit Indah etc. What more can u ask for?

riverfish
18-06-13, 22:31
Nowadays, when you wait for something to come to fruitation, everybody can see the obvious, the prices in the area would have already shot to the sky. Opportunity comes when you anticipate & jump in when others dare not or when something is not yet obvious - therein lies the risk, cos you may turn out wrong in your prediction.

Allthepies
18-06-13, 22:38
Nowadays, when you wait for something to come to fruitation, everybody can see the obvious, the prices in the area would have already shot to the sky. Opportunity comes when you anticipate & jump in when others dare not or when something is not yet obvious - therein lies the risk, cos you may turn out wrong in your prediction.

yup that why i mentioned in earlier post, with 50% convince, there is still chance for this to go up... :D:D

although i wouldn't enter now as I have ran out of bullet

taeyeon
18-06-13, 22:38

It's quite obvious that JLD has opportunities right. JEM is live evidence.

Meaning no more meat in this proj? Since it is obvious liao

Xan
18-06-13, 22:41
Reccee many times already and a bit sick of driving so far and many traffic jams to reach jurong. If I can feel that way, not surprise many others will feel the same. Don't meant to talk down any projects but more of providing genuine opinions.

Have studied the rental possibilities and cap gain.
My take is not worth the risk especially i will also Kenna absd which works out 1800psf for me. Furthermore, if interest rate increase within these few years, this will make rental yield even more challenging. Unless u buy for self stay nothing to say.

Very difficult to imagine who will buy my unit at 2k psf or support my rental for more than 4% yield in future. If someones buys from me at 2k psf, is he expecting 2500psf in future or rental more than 4%? I don't know whether such buyers will exist and do not wish to make any prediction. We can argue until cows come home but no one hv the crystal ball.

Facts, statistics and logical reasoning asides, there's no sure win or lose. Under so many CMs, there is no such thing as "no brainer" investment.
Many forumers here are very resourceful and can cut and paste evidences to support their reasoning. Homework must be done but risk assessment is also required. Have to think the worst scenario as well.

I guess why there are so many arguments here is because diff people diff risk assessment, diff financial background and diff property portfolio. However, no one has doubted the potential in JLD. Question is, can its potential match the selling price? Does the current selling price still has room for future appreciation?
Do not always just look at investment aspect only. The definition of a home is that the place must also be conducive to stay. If I cannot convince myself to stay, how wld I expect others to do so?

This project will be a sellout since theres not many condo in jurong as i still feel the buying sntiments and demand is still strong for jurong. but i will give it a miss and watch how JLD supporters make money. If they make money, happy for them too and this also means my judgement was wrong and has under estimated the buying sentiments and potential in JLD. I am willing to learn my lesson at most feeling MTB, not to the extend of locking my money dead if it turns out to be a poor investment.

taeyeon
18-06-13, 22:44
Confirm sell out like macd hello kitty dolls

This area is hungry for PC. Typical mrt syndrome.

Ppl will just whack without thinking.

Reccee many times already and a bit sick of driving so far and many traffic jams to reach jurong. If I can feel that way, not surprise many others will feel the same. Don't meant to talk down any projects but more of providing genuine opinions.

My take is not worth the risk especially i will also Kenna absd which works out 1800psf for me. Furthermore, if interest rate increase within these few years, this will make rental yield even more challenging. Unless u buy for self stay nothing to say.

Very difficult to imagine who will buy my unit at 2k psf or support my rental for more than 4% yield in future. If someones buys from me at 2k psf, is he expecting 2500psf in future or rental more than 4%? I don't know whether such buyers will exist and do not wish to make any prediction. We can argue until cows come home but no one hv the crystal ball.

Facts, statistics and logical reasoning asides, there's no sure win or lose. Under so many CMs, there is no such thing as "no brainer" investment.
Many forumers here are very resourceful and can cut and paste evidences to support their reasoning. Homework must be done but risk assessment is also required. Have to think the worst scenario as well.

I guess why there are so many arguments here is because diff people diff risk assessment, diff financial background and diff property portfolio. However, no one has doubted the potential in JLD. Question is, can its potential match the selling price? Does the current selling price still has room for future appreciation?
Do not always just look at investment aspect only. The definition of a home is that the place must also be conducive to stay. If I cannot convince myself to stay, how wld I expect others to do so?

This project will be a sellout since theres not many condo in jurong as i still feel the buying sntiments and demand is still strong for jurong. but i will give it a miss and watch how JLD supporters make money. If they make money, happy for them too and this also means my judgement was wrong and has under estimated the buying sentiments and potential in JLD. I am willing to learn my lesson at most feeling MTB, not to the extend of locking my money dead if it turns out to be a poor investment.

hyenergix
18-06-13, 22:49

SG's investment opportunity in residential property is mostly gone. Buy for own stay. U have been looking at e wrong perspective. The fact tt u have trouble w e jams is e beauty of this area. SG tpt system is gone for good, unless there is a clawback in COE n pop remains at current level. Must buy house to stay near workplace n parents. Commuting will suck e energy, youth n money out of u.

taeyeon
18-06-13, 22:57
SG's investment opportunity in residential property is mostly gone. Buy for own stay. U have been looking at e wrong perspective. The fact tt u have trouble w e jams is e beauty of this area. SG tpt system is gone for good, unless there is a clawback in COE n pop remains at current level. Must buy house to stay near workplace n parents. Commuting will suck e energy, youth n money out of u.

Hokayyy!!!! But wait I can't afford marina bay residence

OTL

star
18-06-13, 23:05
Nothing is perfect. There can't be a place where price is cheap, near mrt, quiet, near shopping mall, got views. MRT stop operating around 12:30am so after that should be not much noise. If near busy roads like expressway good luck, 24hrs of noise.

phantom_opera
18-06-13, 23:09
SG probably one of the safest cities in the world with ver low unemployment (in fact we send foreigners home) ... no riots like Sweden, India, Turkey, Brazil, Greece etc etc etc

Safety for 1600psf ... cheap cheap lah

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2013/06/BZ%20flag.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130615192537-08-turkey-0615-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Ringo33
18-06-13, 23:18

As for the traffic, you need to try going to JLD from Jurong, then you will know why this project is so popular.

Its a landmark project which everyone living in the west will have to face it at least once it a month.

taeyeon
18-06-13, 23:22
As for the traffic, you need to try going to JLD from Jurong, then you will know why this project is so popular.

Its a landmark project which everyone living in the west will have to face it at least once it a month.

WHY ONCE A MTH????

Ringo33
18-06-13, 23:31
WHY ONCE A MTH????

the 2 favorite Singaporean pass time over the weekend is shop and eat. And you can basically find em all at JLD.

If you have 5 big malls and loads of restaurants at JLD; all within walking distant, what is the point of going to Orchard?

Mu
18-06-13, 23:31
To the ' not that filthy rich' buyers, this is likely to be the investment of a lifetime.. If u win u win big, u lose u die burried six feet under liao

I am predicting a sellout as well. So much hype redi even those on the sidelines look see think think will eventually chiong one!

If I have money to experiment, I mite jump. But if have to stretch and eat grass, then this risk is not for u and me..

To my fellow bros and sis who are buying JG, May the force be with you!

May this project make u rich!

To the rest of us if MTB, nvr mind there will always be other fruits to pick, for another time and another day:)

taeyeon
18-06-13, 23:35
the 2 favorite Singaporean pass time over the weekend is shop and eat. And you can basically find em all at JLD.

If you have 5 big malls and loads of restaurants at JLD; all within walking distant, what is the point of going to Orchard?

I will go orchard cos there are more babes there.

Yes u r right there are most things u can find in JE but it will never be orchard

I stay in west for some time liao. I still shun IMM whenever I can.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 23:37
I will go orchard cos there are more babes there.

Yes u r right there are most things u can find in JE but it will never be orchard

I stay in west for some time liao. I still shun IMM whenever I can.

Yes you are right. However you got to remember that in jurong district, there is a huge population of residents of age between 20 to 40 who need to shop and eat before they go party in the city.

Autumnwinds
18-06-13, 23:40
Seems like surrounding too crowded for own stay.

Yet buy to rent the yield also cui

I'd say this for myself l, I do not know if there are others who feel that same way.

There is definitely potential for J gateway, what with all the upcoming projects. It is definitely very convenient, to have all the amenities at your doorstep. Almost everything you need, supermarket, popular shops, supermarket and cinema. With the mrt connecting us to other parts of Singapore. The potential is really high.

However, for people like me, I'd have to pay 1600 + 13% stamp duty.(lots of vitamin M needed). Would I be able to recoup back this amount? With fears of the increasing bank interest rates and not being able to sell it in the first 5 years (SSD), would I be able to sell it for 2k psf?

Everything in JLD has been meted out in the plans. In my opinion, the pricing of this project is somewhat in a future pricing. No doubt it is an extremely hot project, but in my general opinion, the cons out way the pros.

I speak for myself, and am in no way trying to change anyone's mentality. Just my opinion on it. Otherwise a great development in the west.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 23:43
I'd say this for myself l, I do not know if there are others who feel that same way.

There is definitely potential for J gateway, what with all the upcoming projects. It is definitely very convenient, to have all the amenities at your doorstep. Almost everything you need, supermarket, popular shops, supermarket and cinema. With the mrt connecting us to other parts of Singapore. The potential is really high.

However, for people like me, I'd have to pay 1600 + 13% stamp duty.(lots of vitamin M needed). Would I be able to recoup back this amount? With fears of the increasing bank interest rates and not being able to sell it in the first 5 years (SSD), would I be able to sell it for 2k psf?

Everything in JLD has been meted out in the plans. In my opinion, the pricing of this project is somewhat in a future pricing. No doubt it is an extremely hot project, but in my general opinion, the cons out way the pros.

I speak for myself, and am in no way trying to change anyone's mentality. Just my opinion on it. Otherwise a great development in the west.

what are the cons that are only specific to JLD?

Khng8
19-06-13, 00:00
If first property buying for own stay plus with a view of cap appreciation, I would say worth it.

But if need to pay 13% stamp duty, then the risk outweigh the gains. IMHO.

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 00:01
what are the cons that are only specific to JLD?

First of all, I feel that the internal layout of the unit isn't good.

Secondly, I myself live beside a shopping mall, it is convenient, but I hardly ever shop there. Saying goes, (what you have, you never appreciate). It's very true, I hardly ever watch movies at it, I'd mostly travel to town to catch a movie. For shopping wise, I'd also always go to town too. Perhaps what I utilise most is the supermarket.

Thirdly, at my development, units with facings towards the tracks are always the hardest to move, I've spoken to many people who own units with track facings, they often find it difficult to get decent prices(below average of the area).

And last but not least, there are way too many people cluttering around je, I honestly do not find that attractive at all. If one were to find a conducive place to stay, would crowds be appreciated? In all honesty, my personal opinion would be no. There would definitely be many others who would rebute me by saying all above are invalid. But it's my opinion about it, and I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise.

If you really like project then by all means go ahead, but please do not overstretch yourself. Quantum may not seem high, but the yield may yet be the same.

My two cents la

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:09
First of all, I feel that the internal layout of the unit isn't good.

Secondly, I myself live beside a shopping mall, it is convenient, but I hardly ever shop there. Saying goes, (what you have, you never appreciate). It's very true, I hardly ever watch movies at it, I'd mostly travel to town to catch a movie. For shopping wise, I'd also always go to town too. Perhaps what I utilise most is the supermarket.

Thirdly, at my development, units with facings towards the tracks are always the hardest to move, I've spoken to many people who own units with track facings, they often find it difficult to get decent prices(below average of the area).

And last but not least, there are way too many people cluttering around je, I honestly do not find that attractive at all. If one were to find a conducive place to stay, would crowds be appreciated? In all honesty, my personal opinion would be no. There would definitely be many others who would rebute me by saying all above are invalid. But it's my opinion about it, and I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise.

If you really like project then by all means go ahead, but please do not overstretch yourself. Quantum may not seem high, but the yield may yet be the same.

My two cents la
1) what do you think is a good layout?

2) What sort of mall(s) do you have?

3) Harder to move? Relative to?

4) AFAIK, Jurong East is not exactly the most densely populated township in Singapore. you can check out onemap population query. plenty of statistic to show.

But then again, orchard is perhaps the most crowded street in Singapore and the most expensive property in Singapore are all around orchard.

Regulators
19-06-13, 00:12
Do you seriously think a tiny 9xxsqft unit spiking from $1.6 million to $2 million is possible upon top? Who is going to pay $2 million for a 9xxsqft unit in jurong or rent such a tiny unit at the desired yield of 4-5%? Optimists of j gateway all speak of its benefits but the sums just don't add up for the project.
If first property buying for own stay plus with a view of cap appreciation, I would say worth it.

But if need to pay 13% stamp duty, then the risk outweigh the gains. IMHO.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:14
Do you seriously think a tiny 9xxsqft unit spiking from $1.6 million to $2 million is possible upon top? Who is going to pay $2 million for a 9xxsqft unit in jurong or rent such a tiny unit at the desired yield of 4-5%? Optimists of j gateway all speak of its benefits but the sums just don't add up for the project.

1.6m?? propertyguru again? :doh:

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 00:17
1) what do you think is a good layout?

2) What sort of mall(s) do you have?

3) Harder to move? Relative to?

4) AFAIK, Jurong East is not exactly the most densely populated township in Singapore. you can check out onemap population query. plenty of statistic to show

Like I said, you can dispute what I feel it is. But what is the purpose of questioning it? To prove your superior intellect over mine? To convince yourself this project is really a heap of gold?

I already said it's my personal opinion, I'm not convincing anyone to buy it or not. There may be other more densed areas in Singapore, but I feel je is very crowded. Am I wrong to feel this way?

I do not like the layout of this project, is it my fault too? I may dislike, but others may think it's brilliant. Why be so angst about it?

Regulators
19-06-13, 00:19
A 9xxsqft unit is selling for $15xxpsf which works out to be about $1.6million. I would expect higher floor units to sell higher.
1.6m?? propertyguru again? :doh:

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:19
Like I said, you can dispute what I feel it is. But what is the purpose of questioning it? To prove your superior intellect over mine? To convince yourself this project is really a heap of gold?

I already said it's my personal opinion, I'm not convincing anyone to buy it or not. There may be other more densed areas in Singapore, but I feel je is very crowded. Am I wrong to feel this way?

I do not like the layout of this project, is it my fault too? I may dislike, other may think it's brilliant. Why be so angst about it?

to discuss facts rather than personal and bias opinion not supported by facts

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:20
A 9xxsqft unit is selling for $15xxpsf which works out to be about $1.6million. I would expect higher floor units to sell higher.
J gateway is not even launched yet and you are already talking about transacted price??? How is that possible? You some kinda Tua Pek Kong?

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 00:22

I'm not interested to argue till the cow comes home. To people who have done their research and are interested, good for them.

I'm thinking you probably have vested interest in this, hence your strong defensive stance on it. But please, chill. What floats your boat, may in fact sink others. Let's just give our opinions and let people purchase what they want.

Regulators
19-06-13, 00:23
Don't u know developers give agents an indicative pricing to work on before launch ? Surprised u dont know that.
J gateway is not even launched yet and you are already talking about transacted price??? How is that possible? You some kinda Tua Pek Kong?

Xan
19-06-13, 00:26

Be fair to autumnwind, he is entitled to his opinion.
Buying property is sometimes sentiment driven, he is not oblique to give u facts and figures to prove he is unbiased.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:28
I'm not interested to argue till the cow comes home. To people who have done their research and are interested, good for them.

I'm thinking you probably have vested interest in this, hence your strong defensive stance on it. But please, chill. What floats your boat, may in fact sink others. Let's just give our opinions and let people purchase what they want.

oh no, this is not arguing for the sake of arguing. We are just exchanging FACTS

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 00:29

And as I've said, it's based on the fact that I have to pay. 1600+13% stamp duty. If anyone who's in my shoes, wishes to bite this bullet, I'd be happy If that person at the end of the day makes a huge profit.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:29
Don't u know developers give agents an indicative pricing to work on before launch ? Surprised u dont know that.
dont you know that nobody believe want property agent has to say.

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 00:30
oh no, this is not arguing for the sake of arguing. We are just exchanging FACTS

Facts are out there for you to Google right? We come here to voice our opinions and sentiments. Why be so defensive about it, did I not give the plus sides?

In fact I didn't even list the negativities out till you asked.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:30
And as I've said, it's based on the fact that I have to pay. 1600+13% stamp duty. If anyone who's in my shoes, wishes to bite this bullet, I'd be happy If that person at the end of the day makes a huge profit.
thats you and your personal circumstance, but that doesnt mean that everyone buying J gateway have to pay ABSD.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:32
Buying property is sometimes sentiment driven, he is not oblique to give u facts and figures to prove he is unbiased.
sure, but then again, opinion must always support by facts. Or else I will be talking about flying carpet instead of MRT.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:33
Facts are out there for you to Google right? We come here to voice our opinions and sentiments. Why be so defensive about it, did I not give the plus sides?

In fact I didn't even list the negativities out till you asked.

then please show us your facts instead of cheap talking and saying facts is out there

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 00:33
thats you and your personal circumstance, but that doesnt mean that everyone buying J gateway have to pay ABSD.

So if you don't have to pay ABSD, then it doesn't concern you right? But if you do, then it's a second opinion isn't it?

Oh god, I don't wish to bicker about this. It's obvious you have very strong vested interest in this. I'm not even trying to downplay anything

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:34
So if you don't have to pay ABSD, then it doesn't concern you right? But if you do, then it's a second opinion isn't it?

Oh god, I don't wish to bicker about this. It's obvious you have very strong vested interest in this. I'm not even trying to downplay anything

yes, but you need to understand that Jurong district is huge. It is not just you and me.

Xan
19-06-13, 00:35
sure, but then again, opinion must always support by facts. Or else I will be talking about flying carpet instead of MRT.

In fact, some of the pros and cons had been mentioned in earlier posts by many forumers. U might want to revisit some.
I feel that this thread has a good balance of both.

Autumnwinds

I'm glad you share my sentiments, I have no wish to present such facts out since anyone who is genuinely interested ought to have done their homework.

Ringo33
In fact, some of the pros and cons had been mentioned in earlier posts by many forumers. U might want to revisit some.
I feel that this thread has a good balance of both.

whatever pros and cons, still need to be supported by facts. Not just by words and opinion or gut feeling.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:37
I'm glad you share my sentiments, I have no wish to present such facts out since anyone who is genuinely interested ought to have done their homework.

if we are not discussing fact, then what is the point of discussing anyway?

Might as well just set up a fairy tale neverland sub forum so that we can all indulge in self prophecy and mental masturbation.

sunrise
19-06-13, 00:38

bro, don't every now and then mention temple and tua pek kong, these insult can results in kneeling before a dieties as punishment. today you already made 2.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:39
bro, don't every now and then mention temple and tua pek kong, these insult can results in kneeling before a dieties as punishment. today you already made 2.
if you have faith then you shouldnt bothered by what people have to say.

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 00:40

Might as well just set up a fairy tale neverland sub forum so that we can all indulge in self prophecy and mental masturbation.

I'm confused, when did personal opinions ever have to be back by facts?

I feel like I'm trying to strangle a bull with dental floss here. I shall let others read and do the talking instead. This bickering is endless.

CCR
19-06-13, 00:42
Why are Singaporean fascinated with all things news.... Why don't buy ivory for half price? It's really quiet inside.... Try pay ivory a visit.... The problem now is no one selling I think....

Sure make money right... Quiet yet walk outnonly happening Liao.... Especially block 124..

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:42
I'm confused, when did personal opinions ever have to be back by facts?

I feel like I'm trying to strangle a bull with dental floss here. I shall let others do the talking instead. This bickering is endless.

Because I dont see what is the point of discussion in property forum when we dont talk about facts?

Perhaps to some facts is an obstacle because it restrict them from talking nonsense

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:43
Why are Singaporean fascinated with all things news.... Why don't buy ivory for half price? It's really quiet inside.... Try pay ivory a visit.... The problem now is no one selling I think....

Sure make money right... Quiet yet walk outnonly happening Liao.... Especially block 124..
problem is that no one is willing to pay the price that seller is asking. Ultimately, IH is just like HDB with gate and maintenance fee

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 00:43

Do you have true facts to substantiate or not :D :D :D :D :D

Ringo33
19-06-13, 00:46
Do you have true facts to substantiate or not :D :D :D :D :D

once upon a time.............happy ever after.

august
19-06-13, 01:05
To the ' not that filthy rich' buyers, this is likely to be the investment of a lifetime.. If u win u win big, u lose u die burried six feet under liao

I am predicting a sellout as well. So much hype redi even those on the sidelines look see think think will eventually chiong one!

If I have money to experiment, I mite jump. But if have to stretch and eat grass, then this risk is not for u and me..

To my fellow bros and sis who are buying JG, May the force be with you!

May this project make u rich!

To the rest of us if MTB, nvr mind there will always be other fruits to pick, for another time and another day:)

i disagree with "If u win u win big". If JLD turns out to be a winner, the ones that will win the biggest will likely be ivory heights or the cheaper alternatives at JLD.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 01:09
i disagree with "If u win u win big". If JLD turns out to be a winner, the ones that will win the biggest will likely be ivory heights or the cheaper alternatives at JLD.
I can tell you that the biggest winner will be the FH and 999LH property around hong leong garden.

why?

1) The nearest FH and 999 property to JLD is Hong Leong Garden

2) Future West Coast Station cum interchange

3) Thats the place where you can find Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo.

august
19-06-13, 01:22

My opinion of ivory heights is this. It has no facilities, and feels HDB (which it is, albeit HUDC). Despite its proximity to where the action is - JEM, westgate, or future lakeside attractions - at the moment it just doesnt feel anything remotely exciting or buzzy, which is an important factor for buyers or investors. Of cos if some owners are willing to let go at less than current asking prices there will surely be interest, after all prices have run up this few years. Otherwise i think its chances rest primarily in enbloc. In which case owners just have to wait.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 01:27
My opinion of ivory heights is this. It has no facilities, and feels HDB (which it is, albeit HUDC). Despite its proximity to where the action is - JEM, westgate, or future lakeside attractions - at the moment it just doesnt feel anything remotely exciting or buzzy, which is an important factor for buyers or investors. Of cos if some owners are willing to let go at less than current asking prices there will surely be interest, after all prices have run up this few years. Otherwise i think its chances rest primarily in enbloc. In which case owners just have to wait.

there is a lack of lifestyle element

DaytonaSS
19-06-13, 01:50
UNCLE's opinion based on FACTS

1) if buying for investment, CM is there to disturb you. Stamp duty is there to takan you. 4 year no sell duties is there to milk you.

2) if wanna collect rental need to wait 3 years, DP and installment is now. Future pricing- "Pay now future then get to collect rent", uncle's personal definition.

3) buy to stay, just go ahead, plan the space for family of 5. 2 adults 2 kids and 1 maid

Regulators
19-06-13, 02:01
If buying j gateway for investment n rental, read this:

Following the announcement of Budget 2013, property tax for the top one per cent of owner-occupied homes and top one-third of investment properties will see an increase in property tax. Investment property owners will be taxed the most, from a flat 10 per cent to between 12 and 20 per cent.Higher property tax which kicks in next year could lead to higher holding costs for property investors. From the start of next year, vacant properties will also be taxed at prevailing property tax rate. Without concession, investors and developers might release these affected units in the open market amid a weakening rental demand. In addition, more firms have put expatriates on local terms in a bid to manage costs. This could lead to downward pressure on rents, as landlords compete for the same pool of tenants.With approximately 16,439 completed units coming on stream by the end of this year, and a total of 95,754 units by 2017, rental increases are expected to taper off. Rising land prices will also translate to higher selling prices for future projects in the near term. This could further depress rental yields. There will be more projects due for completion in suburban areas arising from a ramp-up in Government Land Sales (started from the second half of 2010). Going forward, we expect pressure on rental yields to shift to suburban homes.

Source

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/6599/Rental-Yields-Dip-as-Pressure-on-Rents-Increases

Ringo33
19-06-13, 02:08
If buying j gateway for investment n rental, read this:

Following the announcement of Budget 2013, property tax for the top one per cent of owner-occupied homes and top one-third of investment properties will see an increase in property tax. Investment property owners will be taxed the most, from a flat 10 per cent to between 12 and 20 per cent.Higher property tax which kicks in next year could lead to higher holding costs for property investors. From the start of next year, vacant properties will also be taxed at prevailing property tax rate. Without concession, investors and developers might release these affected units in the open market amid a weakening rental demand. In addition, more firms have put expatriates on local terms in a bid to manage costs. This could lead to downward pressure on rents, as landlords compete for the same pool of tenants.With approximately 16,439 completed units coming on stream by the end of this year, and a total of 95,754 units by 2017, rental increases are expected to taper off. Rising land prices will also translate to higher selling prices for future projects in the near term. This could further depress rental yields. There will be more projects due for completion in suburban areas arising from a ramp-up in Government Land Sales (started from the second half of 2010). Going forward, we expect pressure on rental yields to shift to suburban homes.

Source

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/6599/Rental-Yields-Dip-as-Pressure-on-Rents-Increases

Wrong channel dude. Read before you post

Regulators
19-06-13, 02:19
Accept the facts or face the consequences. You want facts u got facts.

dare2
19-06-13, 06:33
Haha iProperty again, think the dude's homepage iProperty.

westman
19-06-13, 07:58

relax lah.. need not to be so combative.. do you always need to quantify for all your opinions?

Facts and opinion are two different kind of thingy

Its like loving your wife and campare it by quantifying how much you are loving your wife.... does it always make sense to go to that details?

Ringo33
19-06-13, 08:12
Accept the facts or face the consequences. You want facts u got facts.

If you think rental for Jurong area has peak, then show us the numbers. There are plenty of information in URA website that you can use.

If you think that housing price of property near MRT is weak, then show us the numbers. There are again plenty of information in URA website that you can use.

If you think the demography of Jurong is change for the worst for investment property, then show us your findings instead of asking us to call property agent.

If you think that Waterford condo make better investment sense as compare to condo like Centris or Caspian, then show us the numbers instead of talking about prestige or prime etc.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to numbers.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 08:21
IN the most hotly contested government land sales since November last year, a 99-year leasehold residential site at Faber Walk drew 18 bids at the close of its tender yesterday.

Aspial Corp's World Class Land put in the top bid of $156.7 million, or $687.42 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) for the site, which measures about 162,808 sq ft.

This was followed closely by Keng Hoe Development's bid of $155.0 million, or $680.01 psf ppr, and Greatview Development - controlled by Yu Zhisong - which put in a bid of $153.8 million, or $674.71 psf ppr.

That the price difference between the top bid and second and third highest bidders is a mere 1.1 per cent and 1.8 per cent, respectively, reflects the confidence and appetite of developers, say consultants.

Another factor is its fairly exclusive location, said Ong Teck Hui, national director, research and consultancy, at Jones Lang LaSalle. In addition, the five-storey height limit respects the urban design of the area so that the development will blend in with the surroundings.

"These attributes will be strong selling points for the project and should attract ready buyers," said Mr Ong.

"The close bidding among the top bidders shows roughly similar assessments on demand and pricing of the units which are likely to be above $1,200 psf on average," he added.

The fact that there is a limited supply of vacant land parcels within the area for development in the future could be another reason for the slim price gap between the top and second-highest bid, said SLP International's head of research, Nicholas Mak.

It is the smallest gap in a residential GLS tender since the tender for a condominium site at Pheng Geck Avenue which closed last June. In the latter's case, the price gap between the first and second bids was 0.9 per cent.

"The developer of this condominium site may be projecting a 10-20 per cent price increase in this location and plans to launch this project at $1,300 to $1,400 psf," said Mr Mak.

CBRE Research's associate director, Desmond Sim, noted that the increased working population from Jurong Gateway and International Business Park could lead to future leasing demand.

He expects a breakeven price of about $1,100 to $1,200 psf, which translates to a possible launch price from $1,350 psf.

In addition to working professionals, a new project on the subject site can draw on a potential upgrader pool of about 11,600 households who are currently staying in five-room and executive HDB flats in Clementi and Jurong East, according to the Population Census 2010. This was pointed out by Chia Siew Chuin, director of research and advisory at Colliers International.

"The estimated breakeven cost could range from $1,050 to $1,150 psf. When units at this project are ready for launch, the selling price could start from $1,300 psf," said Ms Chia.

The land tender also drew bids from several big players including a joint bid by Hoi Hup Realty, Sunway Developments and Hoi Hup JV Development ($610.92 psf ppr); Far East Organisation and Sekisui House ($547.42 psf ppr); and FCL Place ($580.11 psf ppr).

Vantage Properties put in the lowest bid, at $110.8 million, or $486.1 psf ppr.

westman
19-06-13, 08:24
[you wont know when you will be vested for the same project which you mighy have overlook..QUOTE=dare2]Haha iProperty again, think the dude's homepage iProperty.[/QUOTE]

You have yey to see from the dude.
You will be damn surprise he can be 10x of Ringo if he has property along Boon Lay Way..

On 27th April 2010, this dude commented about RH negatively
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=92037&postcount=32

On 14 December 2010, he started a new thread to praise RH through the roof and this thread eventually sparked a super heated arguments drawing many participants (as equally juciy to Mr B thread).. again.. many "Fact" were brought up during the debate...and I find it interesting.

Thus.. let go easy with the debate as you might potentially vested in the future for the same project....

PEACE.

LG168
19-06-13, 08:40
Hello Let discuss selling price... worth or not.

simply make a booking, when 28/6 balloting day, you not happy with the price can withdraw bck.

28 floor facing Boon lay way(j.hospital/toh Guan HDB) one room(not soho), area around 470+ sqf. Hutton told me estimated price around 820k+, price not confirm till 28/6.

worth to invest? how much can rent? excluding 13% absd(106k), buyer pay.
Overall price about = 926k++ exclude legal loan legal fee.

But that area under development more hotel shopping mall coming up, JLD become 2nd Clarkquay and Orchard...................... huat ah.

indomie
19-06-13, 09:00
Singapore is already half full now (instead of half empty). Some folks cannot accept that the singapore property now is running at 5th gear. They still think that we are running at 3rd or 4rd gear (therefore the peak is here).

Don't look at J Gateway prices on its own. Look at the price as part of the whole island depleting land supply and the fact that sg need more people for economic survival.

Or at the very least look at its neighbourhood. People are investing billions in retails and commerce space. They will ensure their own successful business, so all you have to do just ride the wave.

In 12 months time you will look back and think that the price is so cheap....

oops
19-06-13, 09:14
Just look at the bullish commercial acitivities at JLD. Definately one of the successful project by govt in history.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 09:34
Just look at the bullish commercial acitivities at JLD. Definately one of the successful project by govt in history.

They are valuing JEM at 1.8 billion

oops
19-06-13, 09:47
To create the next prime location. Not only need govt support in infrastructure but also must be able to attract investments then can be consider successful.

Regulators
19-06-13, 10:18
Snooping around like a dog is your speciality, nobody will stoop to your level to try to stir fire in a forum, even Basic has more integrity than a lowlife scum like you
[you wont know when you will be vested for the same project which you mighy have overlook..QUOTE=dare2]Haha iProperty again, think the dude's homepage iProperty.

You have yey to see from the dude.

Thus.. let go easy with the debate as you might potentially vested in the future for the same project....

PEACE.[/QUOTE]

CondoSGP
19-06-13, 10:29
Just wonder what's the price a 3 bedroom unit?

westman
19-06-13, 10:39
They are valuing JEM at 1.8 billion

JEM FOR 1.8B?

From bank or property valuer?
1.8B is alot of money.... worrying as if JLD already worth this much... CCR/RCR should worth more if location held true.

Honestly... I'm looking at RCR as JG make RCR looks more dearer now.. CCR cannot afford liao. ..

westman
19-06-13, 10:42

My guess: 1450 to 1575... depending on which floor you pick.
Also south west facing will cost more...

Btw.. I think JG not so good for own stay (looking at layout)... more incline for rental play. .

mermaid
19-06-13, 10:49
yalor, will the 2 of them stop the argument? everyone is entitled to his own opinions hence I cannot understand y they can spend so much time contesting each other :doh: I practically skip the comments by the 2 of them in this thread.

my feeling for this launch ... it will be a success.
actually I dun feel tat the price is justifiable, but I believe in the developers' foresight. If so many developers can fight for this piece of land, there muz be something gd or promising abt the future value.

p3nboy
19-06-13, 10:50
Btw.. I think JG not so good for own stay (looking at layout).

One of the worse i have seen.

LG168
19-06-13, 11:07

about 1200sqf from 1.8m t0 2.2m
it bring Ivory height and westmere to peak

LG168
19-06-13, 11:14
Every part of HDB in Jurong East(100+ to 300+) and OLd Jurong West(400+ to 500+ ) Hampalang Ho Say Liao, JLD area, future 2nd clarke quay near to LD. Sience Ctr oppo Canadian Intl school.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 11:24
JEM FOR 1.8B?

From bank or property valuer?
1.8B is alot of money.... worrying as if JLD already worth this much... CCR/RCR should worth more if location held true.

Honestly... I'm looking at RCR as JG make RCR looks more dearer now.. CCR cannot afford liao. ..

Yes, recently Land lease sold 25% stake in Jem to some investor that value the company at 1.8b.

Jurong has got a very big catchment area of middle age population, thats why its worth so much

Ringo33
19-06-13, 11:25
My guess: 1450 to 1575... depending on which floor you pick.
Also south west facing will cost more...

Btw.. I think JG not so good for own stay (looking at layout)... more incline for rental play. .
If you have teenage kids, they will love it because is convenient.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 11:27
Every part of HDB in Jurong East(100+ to 300+) and OLd Jurong West(400+ to 500+ ) Hampalang Ho Say Liao, JLD area, future 2nd clarke quay near to LD. Sience Ctr oppo Canadian Intl school.

the peak will come when the alignment of Jurong Region MRT line is announced.

Better place your bet now before its too late.

p3nboy
19-06-13, 11:30
JLD = The Village(movie):D

oops
19-06-13, 11:54
10 costliest non-landed residential buildings to rent in 1QJurong East Mall finally opens on 15 JuneDengue cases in Singapore rocketed to 9,544The secret behind Courts Singapore's whopping $43m earnings contributionWhy SREITs are still hot pockets for investmentsWhy SREITs seem 'oversold' in the short term3 best ways Singapore employees can improve their imageSee what's spooking foreigners from investing in SREITsKAP Residences' residential units sold outEXCLUSIVERESIDENTIAL PROPERTY |*Krisana Gallezo, SingaporePublished:*2 hours 46 sec*ago162 views

**0**0*Google +0**1

J Gateway previews on June 28

Quantum price for 1BR SOHO unit starts from $780K.Singapore Business Review's spotcheck with agents found that showflat for this upcoming private residential project at Jurong East is now open since June 15.This 738-unit development by MCL Land features a SOHO-inspired 20 storey building and also claims of having the highest condominium suites of up to 38 levels with sky bridges linking every storey of 3 blocks in a single building.Indicative prices are as follows:1 Bedroom Soho/Suites -Suites: 474sqft-538sqft1BR Soho: 495-603sqft1+1 Soho: 506-624sqftAvg Fr $1650psfQuantum Fr $78xK2 Bedroom Compact -Suites: 603-721sqftAvg Fr $1550psfQuantum Fr $93xK2 Bedroom Soho/ Suites -Suites: 678sqft-936sqftSoho: 678-893sqft2+1 Soho: 678-958sqftAvg Fr $1600psfQuantum Fr $1.08Mil3 Bedroom Compact -Suites: 893-1076sqftAvg Fr $1400psfQuantum Fr $1.25Mil3 Bedroom Suites -Suites: 947-1163sqftAvg fr $1450psfQuantum Fr $1.37Mil4 Bedroom Suites-Suites : 1163-1432sqftAvg Fr $1450psfQuantum Fr $1.68MilPenthouse Pricing TBC3bed penthouse @ 1485-1658sqft (3 units)4bed penthouse @ 1905-2025sqft (3units)Analysts forecast great demand for J Gateway which is near to Jurong East Bus Interchange, Jurong East MRT, Shoppong malls Jem, Westgate, IMM and JCube.*

LG168
19-06-13, 12:34
the peak will come when the alignment of Jurong Region MRT line is announced.

Better place your bet now before its too late.

Huat ah:cheers4:

LG168
19-06-13, 12:39
last two day went there , can see many foreigner frm china, indo, india etc, too many foreigner invest no good right? worry they sell and run when economic tombalik time.

Zile
19-06-13, 12:49
last two day went there , can see many foreigner frm china, indo, india etc, too many foreigner invest no good right? worry they sell and run when economic tombalik time.
Good Good IF economy tombalik, they will be TRAPPED. Run where? Ha ha.

LG168
19-06-13, 12:54
502 JWest JLD there, hawker ctr under renovation? no car park, i miss the food and durian there. Every year CNY i visit the pasar there, buy HK roaster duck, prawn. everytime to jroung i sure go there, but, now close for renovation . when open again?

Simi
19-06-13, 13:15
502 JWest JLD there, hawker ctr under renovation? no car park, i miss the food and durian there. Every year CNY i visit the pasar there, buy HK roaster duck, prawn. everytime to jroung i sure go there, but, now close for renovation . when open again?

Only the car park is under upgrading

CondoSGP
19-06-13, 13:16
about 1200sqf from 1.8m t0 2.2m
it bring Ivory height and westmere to peak
Wow! For 900++sqf will be 1.3M.

LG168
19-06-13, 14:25
Only the car park is under upgrading

I C, white chicken porridge stall still available?

westman
19-06-13, 14:44

Yes... super nice... eat once every week.

Simi
19-06-13, 15:18

Yes but as usual long queue

you can park at the public car park behind the Community Club

Simi
19-06-13, 15:21

Now also have the KOK KEE Wanton Mee

Branch from Eminent Plaza

shareidiot
19-06-13, 15:32
Quality dropped liao ... :(

LG168
19-06-13, 16:02

You know they off at which day? tomorrow lunch open? thanks

LG168
19-06-13, 16:03
Yes but as usual long queue

you can park at the public car park behind the Community Club

Ok they open at night? thank you

LG168
19-06-13, 16:05
Quality dropped liao ... :(

Why? price increase and quality remain? or price increas quality the same.

Simi
19-06-13, 16:20
Ok they open at night? thank you

Yes they do open in the evening

I have to go to that area twice a week as kid got tuition there :ashamed1:
Saturday and Monday....therefore no idea when is their Off Day

Claypot Rice also not bad but take too long

So eat the one at Malaysia Boleh in Jurong Point when the crave comes :o

sunrise
19-06-13, 16:33
initial state they should design mcland condo site sits at the current jcube site and place the jcube next to the hospital (current condo site) it makes the shoppings closer to each other, right now scatter all over the place. poor orientation from designer.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 16:54
initial state they should design mcland condo site sits at the current jcube site and place the jcube next to the hospital (current condo site) it makes the shoppings closer to each other, right now scatter all over the place. poor orientation from designer.

Jcube site has been there for around 15 to 20 years IIRC, long before the birth of JLD

There could be another shopping mall coming up on the site opposite Jcube. current temporary bus terminal

joelx
19-06-13, 17:02
Jcube site has been there for around 15 to 20 years IIRC, long before the birth of JLD

There could be another shopping mall coming up on the site opposite Jcube. current temporary bus terminal

So many shopping mall, can the business sustain a not?

sunboy77
19-06-13, 17:06
How much do you expect to rent out a $1.6 million 9xxsft unit in j gateway f or ? ? Geez....

Centris 2-bedder is already doing $3.9k - $4.9k. URA say one...

Anyway $1.6m+ are indicative prices for the J Gateway 4-bedder. Not 3-bedder. 3-bedders indicatively $1.2m to $1.3m...

sunrise
19-06-13, 17:08

Jcube were partially demolish and rebuilt about 1.5 years ago. The planning people butu butu kaya.

chrischocolates
19-06-13, 17:17
What's the updated units availability?

Ringo33
19-06-13, 17:24
What's the updated units availability?

they are all available. I hear penthouse might be sold through bidding.

august
19-06-13, 17:40
I can tell you that the biggest winner will be the FH and 999LH property around hong leong garden.

why?

Future west coast station? by 2030 right?
how many pty cycles will we go through from now to 2030? lol

spoon72
19-06-13, 17:47
seems not enough car park lots for all 783 units , from what I understand it's only 595 Basement lots & 5 Handicapped lots, so need to ballot for car park as well ?

august
19-06-13, 17:51
seems not enough car park lots for all 783 units , from what I understand it's only 595 Basement lots & 5 Handicapped lots, so need to ballot for car park as well ?

most units will be bought for investment and renting out. Tenants unlikely to drive.

spoon72
19-06-13, 17:58
but , given a choice , even though unit is rented out , I think most landlords will want a car lot in the development , perhaps they might want to do some shopping at the JEM , Jcube etc , they can just park at their condo's carpark and walk over.

Ringo33
19-06-13, 18:22
Future west coast station? by 2030 right?
how many pty cycles will we go through from now to 2030? lol

2025 is the target date of completion for JRL, 11 to 12 years from now.

Cycle comes and go, but it doesnt really matter if you are holding them for long term.

Regulators
19-06-13, 18:24
The question is who will pay high $5k plus to rent a tiny unit that yields a pathetic 3+% only? This is especially so when tenants will decline due to tightening of foreign worker influx n massive supply of condo ready in a few years. Moreover when interest rates go up in the next few years , investors who cant rent enough to cover mortgage will be in a fix. These are valid concerns that can't be ignored.
most units will be bought for investment and renting out. Tenants unlikely to drive.

ulrich76
19-06-13, 18:38
Centris 2-bedder is already doing $3.9k - $4.9k. URA say one...

Anyway $1.6m+ are indicative prices for the J Gateway 4-bedder. Not 3-bedder. 3-bedders indicatively $1.2m to $1.3m...

1600psf. 4 bedder $1.6m. Means the unit is only 1000sqft??? And 3 bedder is 800sqft?

westman
19-06-13, 19:06
You know they off at which day? tomorrow lunch open? thanks

Err.. we only eat on sat as we do wet maarketing on sat.
Sat sure open... not sure the rest. I will ask the stall owner this sat.

westman
19-06-13, 19:08
1600psf. 4 bedder $1.6m. Means the unit is only 1000sqft??? And 3 bedder is 800sqft?

Indicative for 4 bedders : 1400 to 1500.. floor area 12xx..

westman
19-06-13, 19:10

That is a white site... plot ratio think 4.5.. go check out master plan.

Btw.. master plan 2013 coming soon..
Think it will make some mentioning on JLD.

teddybear
19-06-13, 19:23
Ha ha ha! :doh:
Really rich people want to live in Jurong to help to cleanse the air for other people? :p As we can see from NEA PSI & PM2.5 data, West quite bad! :rolleyes:

why?

westman
19-06-13, 19:31
Really rich people want to live in Jurong to help to cleanse the air for other people? :p As we can see from NEA PSI & PM2.5 data, West quite bad! :rolleyes:

Haha.. going by your logic... sentosa cove gone case as the psi is higher than west...

sunboy77
19-06-13, 19:34
Erm.... You might have already known that the bigger the unit, the smaller the general $psf...

According to marketing agent, indicative prices of the 4-br are about $1350psf, 3-br $1450psf...

Ringo33
19-06-13, 19:39

Sumatra is West of Singapore, what do you expect.
Anyway all LPPL lah.

PSI Value Air Quality Descriptor
0 - 50 Good
51 - 100 Moderate
101 - 200 Unhealthy
201 - 300 Very unhealthy

NO_7
19-06-13, 21:14
10 costliest non-landed residential buildings to rent in 1QJurong East Mall finally opens on 15 JuneDengue cases in Singapore rocketed to 9,544The secret behind Courts Singapore's whopping $43m earnings contributionWhy SREITs are still hot pockets for investmentsWhy SREITs seem 'oversold' in the short term3 best ways Singapore employees can improve their imageSee what's spooking foreigners from investing in SREITsKAP Residences' residential units sold outEXCLUSIVERESIDENTIAL PROPERTY |*Krisana Gallezo, SingaporePublished:*2 hours 46 sec*ago162 views

**0**0*Google +0**1

J Gateway previews on June 28

Quantum price for 1BR SOHO unit starts from $780K.Singapore Business Review's spotcheck with agents found that showflat for this upcoming private residential project at Jurong East is now open since June 15.This 738-unit development by MCL Land features a SOHO-inspired 20 storey building and also claims of having the highest condominium suites of up to 38 levels with sky bridges linking every storey of 3 blocks in a single building.Indicative prices are as follows:1 Bedroom Soho/Suites -Suites: 474sqft-538sqft1BR Soho: 495-603sqft1+1 Soho: 506-624sqftAvg Fr $1650psfQuantum Fr $78xK2 Bedroom Compact -Suites: 603-721sqftAvg Fr $1550psfQuantum Fr $93xK2 Bedroom Soho/ Suites -Suites: 678sqft-936sqftSoho: 678-893sqft2+1 Soho: 678-958sqftAvg Fr $1600psfQuantum Fr $1.08Mil3 Bedroom Compact -Suites: 893-1076sqftAvg Fr $1400psfQuantum Fr $1.25Mil3 Bedroom Suites -Suites: 947-1163sqftAvg fr $1450psfQuantum Fr $1.37Mil4 Bedroom Suites-Suites : 1163-1432sqftAvg Fr $1450psfQuantum Fr $1.68MilPenthouse Pricing TBC3bed penthouse @ 1485-1658sqft (3 units)4bed penthouse @ 1905-2025sqft (3units)Analysts forecast great demand for J Gateway which is near to Jurong East Bus Interchange, Jurong East MRT, Shoppong malls Jem, Westgate, IMM and JCube.*
Look very messy, breakdown for u.

Indicative prices are as follows:

1 Bedroom Soho/Suites -Suites: 474sqft-538sqft
1 Bedroom Soho: 495-603sqft
1+1 Soho: 506-624sqft Avg Fr $1650psf -Quantum Fr $78xK

2 Bedroom Compact -Suites: 603-721sqft Avg Fr $1550psf -Quantum Fr $93xK
2 Bedroom -Suites: 678sqft-936sqft, Soho: 678-893sqft
2+1 Soho: 678-958sqft Avg Fr $1600psf -Quantum Fr $1.08Mil

3 Bedroom Compact -Suites: 893-1076sqft Avg Fr $1400psf -Quantum Fr $1.25Mil
3 Bedroom Suites -Suites: 947-1163sqft Avg Fr $1450psf -Quantum Fr $1.37Mil

4 Bedroom Suites -Suites: 1163-1432sqft Avg Fr $1450psf -Quantum Fr $1.68Mil

3bed penthouse: 1485-1658sqft (3 units)
4bed penthouse: 1905-2025sqft (3 units)
Penthouse Pricing: TBC

Autumnwinds
19-06-13, 21:57
Indicative for 4 bedders : 1400 to 1500.. floor area 12xx..

I remember i saw there were 2 layouts, the smaller 4bedder was 1163(i think). :doh:

Small unit, small quantum, poor layout.... Why MCL

Kenshinto80
19-06-13, 22:42
Look very messy, breakdown for u.

Indicative prices are as follows:

1 Bedroom Soho/Suites -Suites: 474sqft-538sqft
1 Bedroom Soho: 495-603sqft
1+1 Soho: 506-624sqft Avg Fr $1650psf -Quantum Fr $78xK

2 Bedroom Compact -Suites: 603-721sqft Avg Fr $1550psf -Quantum Fr $93xK
2 Bedroom -Suites: 678sqft-936sqft, Soho: 678-893sqft
2+1 Soho: 678-958sqft Avg Fr $1600psf -Quantum Fr $1.08Mil

3 Bedroom Compact -Suites: 893-1076sqft Avg Fr $1400psf -Quantum Fr $1.25Mil
3 Bedroom Suites -Suites: 947-1163sqft Avg Fr $1450psf -Quantum Fr $1.37Mil

4 Bedroom Suites -Suites: 1163-1432sqft Avg Fr $1450psf -Quantum Fr $1.68Mil

3bed penthouse: 1485-1658sqft (3 units)
4bed penthouse: 1905-2025sqft (3 units)
Penthouse Pricing: TBC
Wow Bian, if the psf like that, I would say the quantum is affordable and reasonable. Confirm sell out. Many forumers here have wasted time arguing thinking 1600psf on average instead. Can someone confirm the psf is indeed below 1500psf for normal non Mickey Mouse units?

august
19-06-13, 23:57
Wow Bian, if the psf like that, I would say the quantum is affordable and reasonable. Confirm sell out. Many forumers here have wasted time arguing thinking 1600psf on average instead. Can someone confirm the psf is indeed below 1500psf for normal non Mickey Mouse units?

do pay a visit to the show flat and take a look at the 4 bedder of 12xx sqft in size. To me, it is mickey mouse.

jacelynchia
20-06-13, 00:44
Speaking of mickey mouse, I am no pro in this but still took a look at the J gateway floorplan.

http://jgate-way.com/suites-3-bed/

http://www.skiesmiltonia.com.sg/assets/skiesmiltonia_floorplans.pdf

They have similar 969 sqft, but no matter how I look at them, it's like same same but different?

Given the same size, just curious which is a better layout ?

Also my friend planning to get 1 bedder.

Learner
20-06-13, 00:52
They did not show a bed in the floor plan. Wonder if master bedroom can fit in a king size bed?

Kenshinto80
20-06-13, 02:35
do pay a visit to the show flat and take a look at the 4 bedder of 12xx sqft in size. To me, it is mickey mouse.
Hi Mate, I know what you mean. But still quite decent. This is the trend these days.

Kenshinto80
20-06-13, 02:36
Speaking of mickey mouse, I am no pro in this but still took a look at the J gateway floorplan.

They have similar 969 sqft, but no matter how I look at them, it's like same same but different?

Skies 2 balconies?

westman
20-06-13, 07:33
They did not show a bed in the floor plan. Wonder if master bedroom can fit in a king size bed?

Max queen size.
Saw the 4 bedders showflat.. manage to put in a queen with 2 very tiny side cabinet.. (my wife said it does not qualify to call it a side cabiney and it is more like a super tiny wooden box to her)

You need to walk side way on both side of queen bed...
Anyway.. JG is no different to many other new projects..

I think the storage rental business will be damn good as we moving forward...

Autumnwinds
20-06-13, 10:27
If the common rooms itself cannot fit a queen sized bed, how good will it be for rental?

ulrich76
20-06-13, 10:36
The 3BR layout is a joke. 893sqft including 2 big balconies, and you have to pay $1.2m? Don't invite guests if you buy, cos they will laugh their head off

Amber Woods
20-06-13, 11:29
Buying decision is always an emotional one especially when you have plan to buy. The thought of missing the opportunity to buy at the desired location is always so strong that we tend to give in to the "pressure" of saying no.

Taking a step back, we are probably at the tail end of the property boom. It does makes sense not to look beyond 5 years and see if there is still reasons to support your buying decision. There is probably opportunity to buy bigger apartments at lower price within the next 5 years.

It is hard to argue that if we are prepared to keep the property for more than 10 years so buying now still makes sense. If one can see clearer in 5 years time, wonder why we should be looking at 10 years down the road?

Regulators
20-06-13, 11:30
1 bedroom enough to squeeze 5 banglas can still rent out :D
If the common rooms itself cannot fit a queen sized bed, how good will it be for rental?

phantom_opera
20-06-13, 11:36
this project showroom must be faithful to actual size right??

might as well sell on hype, no showroom lol

oops
20-06-13, 11:44
Iconic project only available at entry price once. How many 5 to 10 years to wait another.

oops
20-06-13, 11:53
Analysts have also pointed out the huge potential for growth in rental and capital value in Jurong East."The two new buildings, Jurong Gateway and Jem, will be seeing some relocation of jobs from Shenton Way into Jurong East… You are adding another 10,000 workers there. Within the next three years, the Jurong East retail scene will be significantly changed," said Ku Swee Yong, CEO of International Property Advisor.

riverfish
20-06-13, 12:32
stock markets worldwide continue to dive, on Fed's comments and weak PMI from China. I think developers will want to offload all units asap before more bad news set in.

Regulators
20-06-13, 12:34
People r already criticising the poor layout of the project on top of the exorbitant price , so what else is iconic, location? If it is iconic because of location then the hdb flats around are also iconic.
Iconic project only available at entry price once. How many 5 to 10 years to wait another.

p3nboy
20-06-13, 12:44

cut and paste from The Estuary:

http://www.estuarysingapore.com/floor-plan/

jacelynchia
20-06-13, 13:08
Skies 2 balconies?

Exactly, Skies have 2 bigger balconies, which some will say ultra but in comparison, skies have utility room while J gateway does not and given they are the same size?
This puzzles me!

Both the same size at 969. This is the same but different part,made me realize how important the layout can be

oops
20-06-13, 13:48
Other than providing accommodation for visitors to RWS, the hotel will also be well placed to cater to the growing business community in Jurong East, explained Mr Han."The timing is right and the fact that the hotel will be ready in the next three years or so, it will be right where the action is when the surrounding developments in Jurong Gateway are completed," Mr Han said.Said Jones Lang LaSalle national director Ong Teck Hui: "The long-term plans for Jurong Gateway do look very promising with a strong mix of office, retail, residential, hotel, entertainment and food & beverage uses. The site's close proximity to Jurong East MRT station, upcoming developments like Jem, Westgate and others make it particularly attractive."

dare2
20-06-13, 14:40
Exactly, Skies have 2 bigger balconies, which some will say ultra but in comparison, skies have utility room while J gateway does not and given they are the same size?
This puzzles me!

Both the same size at 969. This is the same but different part,made me realize how important the layout can be
Simple, more spacious living n dining at J. Different mkt btw, skies for retreat, J for urban living

I prefer space rather than walled storage that cannot be modified.

skins
20-06-13, 15:17
I presume lake facing units will be highest priced?

Autumnwinds
20-06-13, 16:05
1 bedroom enough to squeeze 5 banglas can still rent out :D

What if i build loft bed? Can house 2more?

:D :D :D :D :D

oops
20-06-13, 16:20
Mr Ku Swee Yong, chief executive of International Property Advisor, said job creation in the area is likely to be strong, which will drive up residential rental demand and capital values.New malls built in Jurong East will create new jobs, as will hospitals such as the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, which is under construction. Also, up to 5,000 existing jobs could move to Jurong East as government agencies relocate their premises there, Mr Ku noted.As a consequence of the large developments there, rental demand is likely to rise as more locals and foreigners move in.

sunrise
20-06-13, 19:38
Jem use the cheapest flooring in the world, really cannot make it, jakarta malls were much better. Not to mention orchard road.

sunrise
20-06-13, 22:44
Jem use the cheapest flooring in the world, really cannot make it, jakarta malls were much better. Not to mention orchard road.
These tiles looks like they were kept for more than 10 yrs. eventually found their home at jem. One of the worst used on projects. Mr. Khaw will be shock to see this.

Kelonguni
21-06-13, 11:14
These tiles looks like they were krental or more than 10 yrs. eventually found their home at jem. One of the worst used on projects. Mr. Khaw will be shock to see this.

Rustic feel, I like. Value for money mah, help to bring costs down.

Just don't expect luxurious feel in this situation.

But JG priced close to luxury projects, more for rental...

sunrise
21-06-13, 16:36
West side promoters stops blowing trumpet. :ashamed1:

Ringo33
21-06-13, 16:55
West side promoters stops blowing trumpet. :ashamed1:

KBW is the biggest blower of JLD, dont play play

sunrise
21-06-13, 17:08
KBW is the biggest blower of JLD, dont play play
You have overated the jem. Tua pow sien.

Regulators
21-06-13, 17:14
I must say i quite like jem , i think j gateway is overrated , not jld. I think jld is a good thing for jurong folks.
You have overated the jem. Tua pow sien.

sunrise
21-06-13, 17:21
I must say i quite like jem , i think j gateway is overrated , not jld. I think jld is a good thing for jurong folks.
Yes, u r right.

danntbt
21-06-13, 22:14
Yes, u r right.
right or wrong majority decides....lets wait and see.....

Regulators
22-06-13, 00:30
Even the most shitty projects gets sold out eventually in Singapore. If there is one thing we will never lack in Singapore are suckers, they listen more to pty agents than stats :doh:
right or wrong majority decides....lets wait and see.....

Learner
22-06-13, 18:22
Has this project started selling?

Trigger
22-06-13, 21:09
What do people here think about the rentability and rental yield of the Type B 2Br suite with only 1 bathroom?

Regulators
23-06-13, 16:05
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/j-gateway-21670

:doh: :doh:

sunrise
23-06-13, 17:57
Promoters go turn-off by jem. All went missing.

Allthepies
23-06-13, 18:01

Yup quite disappointed with the tiles jem used. Next door jcube and imm much nicer tiles.

Other than the tiles, jem concept is similar to 313.

Allthepies
23-06-13, 18:07

28th this month. Probably a sell out project. May be affected by the bad haze situation.

Allthepies
23-06-13, 18:09

28 june. Probably a sell out project.

sunrise
23-06-13, 18:15
Yup quite disappointed with the tiles jem used. Next door jcube and imm much nicer tiles.

Other than the tiles, jem concept is similar to 313. interested buyers should check out the recent top estuary on finishing quality. A list of flaws. Nowadays developer wants to make fast $ just want to rush the project for early completion. Most of the work were handle by blanga.

Xan
23-06-13, 18:22
My pui chao nua experience with Jem:

Yesterday set off at 7pm from my place to jurong, reach there at about 8pm.
Took 45mins to queue for my car to get into Jem car park.
Reach there about 9.
Go any restaurant eg, Lenas, Paris baguette, marche all got long q.
In the end, walk for less than 1/2 hr and decided to drive back home tar bao food.
Tell myself never go there again.
Jem = Jam.

oops
23-06-13, 18:41
This show the demand in the area.. if stay nearby no problem..

Allthepies
23-06-13, 20:31

Reach there about 9.
In the end, walk for less than 1/2 hr and decided to drive back home tar bao food.
Jem = Jam.

best if u dont live around there dont go there and contribute to the jam :D

Go some where nearer to your place...

Ringo33
23-06-13, 20:43
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/j-gateway-21670

:doh: :doh:
obviously all the reviews are done by the same individual who have been talking nonsense in this forum.

All those who disagree should give it a thumbs down.

Ringo33
23-06-13, 20:45

Reach there about 9.
Jem = Jam.

you actually bother to drive 1 hour from your home to check out JEM? this show how attract JLD has become. Yet another credible validation of JLD.

Kelonguni
23-06-13, 20:57
obviously all the reviews are done by the same individual who have been talking nonsense in this forum.

It's actually unfair to rate it so badly in all areas, especially since it has not been built yet.

It will have its fair share of supporters, people who want to be in fast action and don't mind the crowd or noise or even possibility of pollution. Just a small portion of these people can cause a sell-out, not necessarily due to any other reasons.

Kelonguni
23-06-13, 21:05

Reach there about 9.
Jem = Jam.

I went during off peak times. Had to queue for parking though. Had lunch at Lenas, good food, service staff overwhelmed though. Overall shopping experience decent, was turned off a little by the tiles but considering the profile of shoppers here, it might be a good call - most of them appear oblivious to these conditions. Very disappointed with the Kinokuniya store size and books selection. It might not do well here - the profiles of the shoppers here I feel will not be able to sustain it.

Most important question to conclude here is whether buying for own stay or investment. For own stay there are many other better choices. For investment, the risk appear limited - I am sure there will be strong rental demand, although I am certain that the profiles will not be excellent.

Ringo33
23-06-13, 21:10
I went during off peak times. Had to queue for parking though. Had lunch at Lenas, good food, service staff overwhelmed though. Overall shopping experience decent, was turned off a little by the tiles but considering the profile of shoppers here, it might be a good call - most of them appear oblivious to these conditions. Very disappointed with the Kinokuniya store size and books selection. It might not do well here - the profiles of the shoppers here I feel will not be able to sustain it.

Most important question to conclude here is whether buying for own stay or investment. For own stay there are many other better choices. For investment, the risk appear limited - I am sure there will be strong rental demand, although I am certain that the profiles will not be excellent.

The granite floor tiles are dirty and filthy looking. I am hoping they will start polishing them before their official TOP.

RCT
23-06-13, 21:20
The road is too small in Jurong East Area.. Before all this shopping mall, already JAM... Now with all the increased traffic, become more JAM...

oops
23-06-13, 22:10
Dun think the attempt from review will bring down price as it only show the demand on the project..

dare2
23-06-13, 22:31
There's always the trade-off, amenities v congestion.

RCT
23-06-13, 22:42
Dun think the attempt from review will bring down price as it only show the demand on the project..

Of course la... Don't think a few comment online can affect the price.... Just my personnel point of view of JE now as I stay here.

Ringo33
23-06-13, 22:44
The road is too small in Jurong East Area.. Before all this shopping mall, already JAM... Now with all the increased traffic, become more JAM...

There will be several new road going in and out of J gate. Take a look at Masterplan 2008 map.

Autumnwinds
23-06-13, 22:59

Not more JEM meh?

:D :D :D :D :D

Ringo33
23-06-13, 22:59
It's actually unfair to rate it so badly in all areas, especially since it has not been built yet.

It will have its fair share of supporters, people who want to be in fast action and don't mind the crowd or noise or even possibility of pollution. Just a small portion of these people can cause a sell-out, not necessarily due to any other reasons.

How can anyone rate J Gateway transport link as 1 star when the project is located right next to one of the largest integrated transportation hub in Singapore?? reviewer must really hate Jurong apartment.

Regulators
23-06-13, 23:23
Lol, what a joker you are, why dont you just accept the negative comments of others instead of pointing fingers at others

Regulators
23-06-13, 23:26
JLD n JEM are ok, J Gateway sucks :doh:
you actually bother to drive 1 hour from your home to check out JEM? this show how attract JLD has become. Yet another credible validation of JLD.

Ringo33
23-06-13, 23:33
Lol, what a joker you are, why dont you just accept the negative comments of others instead of pointing fingers at others

If you want to fake a review, at least make it look real, instead of making it look dumb.

Honestly what kind of idiot will rate J Gateway as poor for everything?

Interior / Units - poor?
Exterior / Common Areas - poor?
Condo Facilities - poor?
Transport Links - poor?
Nearby Amenities - poor?
Property Management - poor?

Regulators
23-06-13, 23:38
I have done my rating in this forum , i wont bother subscribing to ptyguru five times just to post some comments.
If you want to fake a review, at least make it look real, instead of making it look dumb.

Honestly what kind of idiot will rate J Gateway as poor for everything?

Interior / Units - poor?
Exterior / Common Areas - poor?
Condo Facilities - poor?
Transport Links - poor?
Nearby Amenities - poor?
Property Management - poor?

Learner
24-06-13, 00:02
28 june. Probably a sell out project.

Thanks Allthepies. i am keen to see the response for this project. will be a gauge to the recent news of QE tapering and stock market performance.

Esso99
24-06-13, 00:38
I have been following this project and have gone for their VVIP preview 2 weeks back.

I think for most people, they would be buying J gateway for investment. The one and 2 bedders would not have compressed marble or marble flooring. As such, in order for J gateway to have a respectable yield of 3% at least, and assuming a selling price of 780,000 (for the 1 bedder 474 square feet), a one bedder must be rented out for around $2000 a month, or $4.219 per square feet (4.219 *474). Considering that 2 bedders at ascentia sky are renting out on average at $5.19 per square feet, it is subjective if J gateway would be able to fetch this rental price.

Since some of us here feel that at 1650 psf, there is "possibly" little capital appreciation upwards, rental yield or rent would be the area we will be concerned about. The $780,000 does not take into account the normal buyers stamp duty and the ABSD if it is not our first property.

However, if we use Alexis at Queenstown as an example, for similar sized units of around 400 square feet, they are able to rent at around $6.7 psf, which means if J gateway can achieve around 5-6 psf, the rental yield will be respectable. However, it is important to note that in Hillview and bukit batok, the rent psf is around 2-3.50 for larger size units and small units in the west are an untested concept. In addition, as some of you have mentioned, there are many HDBs and condos around at chinese garden/lakeside. If $3000 can get me a 3 bedder (1000 sq feet) there, I would not pay 2.5k to rent a 1 bedder at j gateway.

Considering potential interest rate increases due to FED action and the possibility of an economic downturn, not sure if J gateway is a good project to plunge into. High psf rental are unprecedented in the West and if J gateway can achieve it, it will benefit all in the West. But rentals cannot increase indefinitely. It must be consummerate with current wage levels in the Western part of singapore. the question is whether there will be enough people willing to rent at around 2000 (or more) for a 1 bedder given their wages. Other factors to consider include it being so near to track side and may not be suitable for self stay. The crowds during weekends are tremendous.

For rental investment at 3% gross yield, the net yield (after deducting higher property tax, sinking fund, maintenance fees), will be lower. I am thinking on the side that if I was a potential tenant, I will choose a bigger space, cheaper rent at hillview/bb/lakeside/chinese garden. But of course, some people I agree might want to stay very near the workplace.

In essence, too much uncertainties and I think I will not jump in. However, to those who are buying and win big, then it is good for the west as a whole!

just my 2 cents worth. cheers.:)

dare2
24-06-13, 07:07
I have been following this project and have gone for their VVIP preview 2 weeks back.

I think for most people, they would be buying J gateway for investment. The one and 2 bedders would not have compressed marble or marble flooring. As such, in order for J gateway to have a respectable yield of 3% at least, and assuming a selling price of 780,000 (for the 1 bedder 474 square feet), a one bedder must be rented out for around $2000 a month, or $4.219 per square feet (4.219 *474). Considering that 2 bedders at ascentia sky are renting out on average at $5.19 per square feet, it is subjective if J gateway would be able to fetch this rental price.

Since some of us here feel that at 1650 psf, there is "possibly" little capital appreciation upwards, rental yield or rent would be the area we will be concerned about. The $780,000 does not take into account the normal buyers stamp duty and the ABSD if it is not our first property.

However, if we use Alexis at Queenstown as an example, for similar sized units of around 400 square feet, they are able to rent at around $6.7 psf, which means if J gateway can achieve around 5-6 psf, the rental yield will be respectable. However, it is important to note that in Hillview and bukit batok, the rent psf is around 2-3.50 for larger size units and small units in the west are an untested concept. In addition, as some of you have mentioned, there are many HDBs and condos around at chinese garden/lakeside. If $3000 can get me a 3 bedder (1000 sq feet) there, I would not pay 2.5k to rent a 1 bedder at j gateway.

Considering potential interest rate increases due to FED action and the possibility of an economic downturn, not sure if J gateway is a good project to plunge into. High psf rental are unprecedented in the West and if J gateway can achieve it, it will benefit all in the West. But rentals cannot increase indefinitely. It must be consummerate with current wage levels in the Western part of singapore. the question is whether there will be enough people willing to rent at around 2000 (or more) for a 1 bedder given their wages. Other factors to consider include it being so near to track side and may not be suitable for self stay. The crowds during weekends are tremendous.

For rental investment at 3% gross yield, the net yield (after deducting higher property tax, sinking fund, maintenance fees), will be lower. I am thinking on the side that if I was a potential tenant, I will choose a bigger space, cheaper rent at hillview/bb/lakeside/chinese garden. But of course, some people I agree might want to stay very near the workplace.

In essence, too much uncertainties and I think I will not jump in. However, to those who are buying and win big, then it is good for the west as a whole!

just my 2 cents worth. cheers.:) sounds logical, but this is based on your own thinking, which may not be what tenants are thinking as you are an investor not tenant and your profile may be different from a typical tenant. Do not dismiss young individuals who buy for own stay. These people have different lifestyle preference. As always, many analyst do not really get a good feel of the ground, and not able to truly understand the market.

Ringo33
24-06-13, 07:12

I am very curious why your 2 cents choose to compare J Gateway to Bukit Batok and Hillview condo rental and totally ignore rental rate of condo within Jurong itself?

Have you not heard about The Centris? Caspian? Lakeshore etc?

oops
24-06-13, 07:42
With all the super amenities available, no one wants to stay?? For ghost? Stay East or north?

riverfish
24-06-13, 11:17

Sound analysis. Some are saying property prices at all time high now, and given the recent stock market chaos, should wait and see if interest rate rise would result in serious repercussions in global economy and property markets. China is also looking weak.

I do not anticipate a rise in rent any time in the near future. Budget for most tenants would be ard $2000 - $4000, I don't see expats companies increasing the rental subsidies if you look at the global market conditions. So going forward, rental yield is going to get lower and lower amidst rising property prices.

Ringo33
24-06-13, 11:27
Sound analysis. Some are saying property prices at all time high now, and given the recent stock market chaos, should wait and see if interest rate rise would result in serious repercussions in global economy and property markets. China is also looking weak.

I do not anticipate a rise in rent any time in the near future. Budget for most tenants would be ard $2000 - $4000, I don't see expats companies increasing the rental subsidies if you look at the global market conditions. So going forward, rental yield is going to get lower and lower amidst rising property prices.
Property around MRT stations will continue to chiong. Buy before URA releases MP2013

ecimbew
24-06-13, 11:39
interested buyers should check out the recent top estuary on finishing quality. A list of flaws. Nowadays developer wants to make fast $ just want to rush the project for early completion. Most of the work were handle by blanga.

Please check what kind of fence you will be getting.

Regulators
24-06-13, 11:49
I assume you are vested in a small one bedder. If tenants can rent a unit more than twice the size of 400+sqft in j gateway around the same area for the same price , what do you think ? Space is constrained in the central, that is why ppl go to the suburbs to rent bigger units. 400+sqft is also claustrophobic for a spacious place like jurong. If being new is an advantage , tenants may not see it that way if size has to be compromised. Bangla tenants are particularly keen on bigger units unless you are renting to white expat singles or some rich kid studying in canadian intl school.
With all the super amenities available, no one wants to stay?? For ghost? Stay East or north?

Ringo33
24-06-13, 11:57
I assume you are vested in a small one bedder. If tenants can rent a unit more than twice the size of 400+sqft in j gateway around the same area for the same price , what do you think ? Space is constrained in the central, that is why ppl go to the suburbs to rent bigger units. 400+sqft is also claustrophobic for a spacious place like jurong. If being new is an advantage , tenants may not see it that way if size has to be compromised. Bangla tenants are particularly keen on bigger units unless you are renting to white expat singles or some rich kid studying in canadian intl school.
The rent for a 1400-1500sqft unit at Ivory Height, is about the same as a 500sqft unit at Caspian condo. But the yield for a 500sq Caspian is better

Regulators
24-06-13, 12:03
That is not the norm n not representative of the market in the west which is what i am saying. putting myself in the shoes of the tenant , i would go for a renovated two bedder in an older condo in the area than a tiny one bedder if rental is the same.
The rent for a 1400-1500sqft unit at Ivory Height, is about the same as a 500sqft unit at Caspian condo. But the yield for a 500sq Caspian is better

RCT
24-06-13, 12:43
They are always people who are willing to pay more for something less.. Don't worry.... When the time comes, we will know whether people will rent anot

Allthepies
24-06-13, 12:53
with the haze clearing up, hope the quarrels here will subside too... :D:cheers1:

lionhill
24-06-13, 13:03
People staying in the West do not understand those in the East, and vice versa.

Once renting an HDB in Jurong West near NTU for two years more than ten years ago, the rental of HDB there was almost equal to that in Holland village, although the price of HDB there was more than 30% cheaper than Holland Village.

Some people in the East think it is good enough to rent out a house in two weeks. In Jurong West, you can easily rent out a house in half a day, giving a reasonable price. I assure you the price won't be less than equivalent units in the East.

At that time, the rental in Jurong East is not as high due to lack of demand.
But, things have changed a lot. The rental of Alexis gives me a surprise. This J-gateway will make many people surprise.

CondoWE
24-06-13, 13:19

Once renting an HDB in Jurong West near NTU for two years more than ten years ago, the rental of HDB there was almost equal to that in Holland village, although the price of HDB there was more than 30% cheaper than Holland Village.

Some people in the East think it is good enough to rent out a house in two weeks. In Jurong West, you can easily rent out a house in half a day, giving a reasonable price. I assure you the price won't be less than equivalent units in the East.

But, things have changed a lot. The rental of Alexis gives me a surprise. This J-gateway will make many people surprise.

Thumb up...:cheers4: !

RCT
24-06-13, 13:35

Of course if your house is near NTU sure have people rent lah... Really hard to go school last time as NTU really really remote... SMU have MRT, NUS have MRT but how come NTU don't have.. Not fair...

lionhill
24-06-13, 15:39
Of course if your house is near NTU sure have people rent lah... Really hard to go school last time as NTU really really remote... SMU have MRT, NUS have MRT but how come NTU don't have.. Not fair...
Judging from the human traffic of JEM, there will be more tenants in Jurong East than NTU vicinity.

dare2
24-06-13, 15:53
....precisely what i am saying....some people are saying this and that based on their own thinking - which they think ALL tenants think likewise.....people who have been staying in big CCR condos would not understand why others have other considerations and preference......you can shout until the cow come home....at the end of the day just let the market speak for itself..just like those who have been and still are talking down MM, but its the MM investors who are having the loudest laugh....

riverfish
24-06-13, 17:27
Stock market bloodbath today. Inauspicious start to the J Gateway launch.

Regulators
24-06-13, 17:38
Grim outlook for economy , lots of uncertainty

Ringo33
24-06-13, 17:41
Stock market bloodbath today. Inauspicious start to the J Gateway launch.
The reason why people are buying new launches is because they are buying to make money in 3 to 4 years time, not now. Stock market shock is not going to make much of a different for cash rich buyer.

dtrax
24-06-13, 17:54
I personally feel J-Gateway might have the replay of the alexis story and 1bedder max cap will be around $3k rental on the average. If you compare both have similar attributes: flanked by larger/older condos, HDB nearby, close to MRT, being the only development with 1bedder, gd catchment area [JLD and Alexandra Biz park]. In fact I find J-Gateway more accessible in terms of close to MRT, flanked by huge malls. Excluding any downsides like unit facing directly to tracks/jams n crowds, 3k rental should not be a problem. Given the fact Alexis is transacted at >800k psf which is FH n smaller than J-Gateway, yield wise should be pretty similar projected around 4.5% [before absd]. Me no vested in J-Gateway however ;)

august
24-06-13, 18:05
rising interest rates can erode projected future yield...

NO_7
24-06-13, 18:57
50% cash kill many liao.

Autumnwinds
24-06-13, 19:07
50% cash kill many liao.

Possibly more with ABSD

Trigger
24-06-13, 21:01
Even though for investment and not own stay, still not good to get mrt facing units right? Or is it ok? Any thoughts?

spikey69
24-06-13, 21:03
A friend just gave a blank cheque to q for this condo...and her q number is 1300+ :beats-me-man:

hyenergix
24-06-13, 21:31
A friend just gave a blank cheque to q for this condo...and her q number is 1300+ :beats-me-man:

Assuming half r real buyers, that is probably ard 700 buyers,sufficient to have a complete sale within few weeks.

skins
24-06-13, 22:33
Even though for investment and not own stay, still not good to get mrt facing units right? Or is it ok? Any thoughts?

I would get the mrt facing units as they have a better view(lake views) compared to views of hospital, industrial buildings etc though the agent say that high floor units get to view Bt Timah Hill.

Mu
24-06-13, 22:50
Assuming half r real buyers, that is probably ard 700 buyers,sufficient to have a complete sale within few weeks.

Just as I figured....it will be sold out no matter how people view this....Nothing surprising:(

henryhk
24-06-13, 23:02
So it is not by balloting to choose?

Pikachu1245
24-06-13, 23:11

This once again confirm the attraction of mrt and mall to many potential OCR condo buyers like bees being attracted to honey. :scared-4:

Ringo33
24-06-13, 23:29
So it is not by balloting to choose?

Q number is for balloting purpose.

Regulators
24-06-13, 23:46
Dont know what to say :doh:
I would get the mrt facing units as they have a better view(lake views) compared to views of hospital, industrial buildings etc though the agent say that high floor units get to view Bt Timah Hill.

Learner
25-06-13, 00:00
Let's wait for mr. market to speak for itself. but 16++ psf will indeed set a benchmark :)

Ringo33
25-06-13, 00:01
J gateway carparks are actually elevated above ground, and the 2nd floor is about another 3 to 4 stories above it. So units above 25 floor should be able to clear the HDB flats. Actually the view over looking tengah and the western catchment area is also not bad, IMO much better than the Bukit Timah hill view i think.

Just look at 1.40 in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0FJxT8NXPE

Autumnwinds
25-06-13, 00:13
J gateway carparks are actually elevated above ground, and the 2nd floor is about another 3 to 4 stories above it. So units above 25 floor should be able to clear the HDB flats. Actually the view over looking tengah and the western catchment area is also not bad, IMO much better than the Bukit Timah hill view i think.

Just look at 1.40 in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0FJxT8NXPE

I must say the video is impressive, and the person posting it was the agent I contacted.

Ringo33
25-06-13, 00:19
I must say the video is impressive, and the person posting it was the agent I contacted.

its very important for MCL to create a buzz will a lasting effect because they have another full lake view site which they will be launching in about 4 to 6 months time.

Autumnwinds
25-06-13, 00:28
its very important for MCL to create a buzz will a lasting effect because they have another full lake view site which they will be launching in about 4 to 6 months time.

I've been to Jem four times since its opening. I really like that place. I've been a west person all my life, but what I dislike about J gateway is its layout. Coupled with ABSD, I've lost all interest in this.

To people wanting to live at J gateway, I think it's good that Jem is so convenient.

Ringo33
25-06-13, 01:00
I've been to Jem four times since its opening. I really like that place. I've been a west person all my life, but what I dislike about J gateway is its layout. Coupled with ABSD, I've lost all interest in this.

To people wanting to live at J gateway, I think it's good that Jem is so convenient.

this is what to expect when Westgate open in 6 months time. It has got a more family vibes to it.

Level 5 - Fitness First Platinum and My First Skool childcare

Level 4 - Books & Stationery, Kids' Fashion, Toys, Hobbies & Gifts, F&B, Services, with music school Yamaha, children's fitness centre My Gym and a 12,000 square feet thematic wonderland children's playground

Level 3 - Electrical & Electronics, IT, Lifestyle, Sporting Goods & Apparel, F&B

Levels 1 and 2 - High Street & International Fashion, Fashion Accessories, Cosmetics & Skincare, Jewellery & Watches, Shoes & Bags, F&B

Basement 1 - Casual & Local Fashion, Fashion Accessories, Shoes & Bags, Cosmetics & Skincare, F&B, Services, with Isetan Department Store and Food Republic

Basement 2 - Isetan Japanese Supermarket and Food Hall
Isetan's supermarket will be its first outside Orchard Road and will offer shoppers a different and unique supermarket experience. It will also operate a department store, bringing Japanese fashion to Westgate.

oops
25-06-13, 07:33
More than 200,000 sq ft has been pre-leased at the much-anticipated Westgate shopping mall in the Jurong Gateway, well ahead of its scheduled opening in December 2013.The upcoming mall, with a total of 416,000 sq ft in net lettable area, is targeted mainly at middle-income families, professionals, students and commuters. Westgate is part of the Jurong Gateway integrated development, a joint venture between CapitaMalls Asia (CMA) Limited, CapitaMall Trust (CMT) and CapitaLand Limited.The office component of the project, Westgate Tower, has also secured 50% pre-commitment from CapitaLand.Among the tenants that have pre-committed to space at Westgate are Paul Bakery and Japanese supermarket chain Isetan. Lim Tien Chun, Managing Director at Isetan (Singapore) said that the supermarket is “looking forward to the opening of our store at Westgate – our sixth in Singapore. It will be our first store in the west of Singapore and also our first Japanese-style supermarket outside Orchard Road.”Other tenants also include Food Republic, Paradise Dynasty, Café Crema and Steak & Seafood Robatayaki Buffet. Yamaha will also open a music school at Westgate.“Westgate will be the catalyst for the transformation of the Jurong Lake District into a key regional hub, the largest outside the Central Business District. We are excited to bring retailers such as Paul Bakery and Isetan Supermarket to Singapore’s West with their first stores outside Singapore’s downtown core,” commented Wee Su Lin, General Manager of Westgate.*

oops
25-06-13, 07:37
http://www.capitalandinside.com/spaces/leisure/1018-vibrant-gateway-to-jurong-lake-district

Ringo33
25-06-13, 09:45
From the perspective of fengshui, Jurong, located in the western part of Singapore, falls into the category of the western dragon. According to WayOnNet Group's Top Notch Fengshui Master Tan, Western dragon is the most beautiful dragon of the five dragons. It starts from Tuas and ends at Pearl's Hill. This piece of land is also the "Land of the Flower Basket" which is also where the Golden Boy and Jade Girl fell in love. The "Land of Flower Basket" lies within the lake- Chinese and Japanese Garden and Tang Dynasty. From the perspective of fengshui, Singapore's western dragon belongs to the metal element and is therefore advantageous to the technical profession. Thus, Jurong Industrial Park is seen as well suited for light industrial activities.

The purity and simplicity of the Jurong district linger despite the introduction of the industrial sector. Traffic jams are minimal in the morning and is smoother towards the evening. Several well-known learning institutions such as National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic gather in the West as well. The scenery is magnificent but unfortunately, many people fail to notice its aura. Furthermore, the Jurong district is currently experiencing a poor luck cycle in today's fortune 8 and thus has failed to develop to its best. Given its unfavourable fengshui, an allowance of at least ten to fifteen years is required for better luck to come by. Coincidentally, in ten to fifteen years, the new Jurong district will be evolved.

Till date, luxurious shopping districts, hotels, cafes and entertainment are still lacking in the West. As Jurong has been emphasizing too much on industrialization, it has overlooked those areas, which promise bright prospects. Jurong possesses the necessary conditions to be developed into a business and entertainment district. It would also be ideal if cars will be allowed to enter Lakeside, where all the entertainment lies, to ease transportation and create convenience among the people. Now is a good time to seize the opportunity to start investing in Jurong as its properties are still relatively cheap. Once the development is completed and luck starts picking up, property prices will also soar.

oops
25-06-13, 10:44
From the perspective of fengshui, Jurong, located in the western part of Singapore, falls into the category of the western dragon. According to WayOnNet Group's Top Notch Fengshui Master Tan, Western dragon is the most beautiful dragon of the five dragons. It starts from Tuas and ends at Pearl's Hill. This piece of land is also the "Land of the Flower Basket" which is also where the Golden Boy and Jade Girl fell in love. The "Land of Flower Basket" lies within the lake- Chinese and Japanese Garden and Tang Dynasty. From the perspective of fengshui, Singapore's western dragon belongs to the metal element and is therefore advantageous to the technical profession. Thus, Jurong Industrial Park is seen as well suited for light industrial activities.

The purity and simplicity of the Jurong district linger despite the introduction of the industrial sector. Traffic jams are minimal in the morning and is smoother towards the evening. Several well-known learning institutions such as National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Polytechnic and Ngee Ann Polytechnic gather in the West as well. The scenery is magnificent but unfortunately, many people fail to notice its aura. Furthermore, the Jurong district is currently experiencing a poor luck cycle in today's fortune 8 and thus has failed to develop to its best. Given its unfavourable fengshui, an allowance of at least ten to fifteen years is required for better luck to come by. Coincidentally, in ten to fifteen years, the new Jurong district will be evolved.

Till date, luxurious shopping districts, hotels, cafes and entertainment are still lacking in the West. As Jurong has been emphasizing too much on industrialization, it has overlooked those areas, which promise bright prospects. Jurong possesses the necessary conditions to be developed into a business and entertainment district. It would also be ideal if cars will be allowed to enter Lakeside, where all the entertainment lies, to ease transportation and create convenience among the people. Now is a good time to seize the opportunity to start investing in Jurong as its properties are still relatively cheap. Once the development is completed and luck starts picking up, property prices will also soar.

The prediction has been accurate and the upside potential is enormous. MBT has great vision to spot this gem early.

Mu
25-06-13, 22:04
The prediction has been accurate and the upside potential is enormous. MBT has great vision to spot this gem early.

All I can say is that this western dragon is very expensive....super high maintenance:scared-1:

CharlieAng
25-06-13, 22:16
Q number is for balloting purpose.

Balloting need q number? Then, submit late = no chance? :doh:

teddybear
25-06-13, 22:21
I heard from my feng shui master that Singapore have 5 dragons, located in Central, East, North, South, and West. However, the Western dragon was dead because of the persistent toxic air and smokes, and super deep underground drilling for the deep underground caverns, which had killed the Western dragon. :beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
25-06-13, 23:21
CNA interviewed this analyst from HSBC .. apparently he does not think we are in a bubble ;) may be small bubble :tongue3: