PDA

View Full Version : JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Rosy
16-06-13, 10:26
How is JE Mrt interchange going to cope? It is already extremely crowded.

Ringo33
16-06-13, 10:47
How is JE Mrt interchange going to cope? It is already extremely crowded.

1) Higher train frequency
2) Future Jurong Region Line which will connect to at West Coast station

leesg123
16-06-13, 10:50
1) Higher train frequency
2) Future Jurong Region Line which will connect to at West Coast station
AWESOME!!! well thought through! hapoy for Everyone!

ecimbew
16-06-13, 10:52
Khaw Boon Wan will sure ask Tuck Yew to do something about it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ringo33
16-06-13, 10:58
AWESOME!!! well thought through! hapoy for Everyone!

Sorry, I mean connect to CRL at West Coast station.

Allthepies
16-06-13, 11:00
I will pay $1600 for adam rd n river valley, never $1600 for jld.
Got ah at today time? 1600psf for 474sqft unit. Please share share leh. Echelon going for 2200psf alreafy

Ringo33
16-06-13, 11:01
This is what many people will do when they visit JEM

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/imagecache/story-gallery-featured/28308418e.jpg

ecimbew
16-06-13, 11:04
Not only that. Expect the jurong east interchange to be busier.

http://m.insing.com/news/tabloid/two-new-mrt-lines-2030/id-a66a3f00

The Jurong Region Line will serve commuters to activity spots in Jurong West, such as Nanyang Technological University, the Jurong industrial estate including Jurong Island and the future Jurong Gateway.
Residents in Chua Chu Kang, Boon Lay and the future developments in Tengah will get to use this Jurong line from 2025.

http://img.insing.com/news/jurong-region-line.jpg

Xan
16-06-13, 11:20
The people who say that J is non conducive for living are usually those who are living in the east and those who cant afford it.

What makes you think those staying in the east can't afford the west?
You see east coast, bedok, tanah merah, tampines people no up?

Many went thru 4 years of uni life and stayed in the west before. Be it in hostel or rented rooms around west. Not conducive means not conducive, no dispute about that.

Regulators
16-06-13, 11:27
Yah also why Abercrombie set up first stall along orchard n not jem. LV, chanel, gucci, Prada should all move to j cube n jem mah. Maybe LKY can consider shifting from Oxley to jld also. Think more than 80% of Singapore must be crazy not to live or aspire to live in jld :D

Jurong is the best lah, got malls, got mrt got offices, got ImM, got many Malaysians, got ntu, got indian expats, got cabury etc. best bester bestest! go for JLD!! yeah! $5000psf there is insight! not enuff bullets to buy there. guess I will settle for a poorer location at RV and walk to orchard ion, stroll to greatworld, dine at centre point or plaza sing, maybe occasionally visit our dear president istana at such a poor location compared to JLD, maybe go for free entertainment at museum and then stroll to raffles city or funan for coffee. maybe also go check out the beautiful parliament house and wonder why they dont shift it to JLD. at night maybe can take river taxi to view the flyer for free and marvel at the mbs which is built at suuch a lousy location, then alight at jiak kim bridge and stroll back home at RV and wonder why RV is in such a losuier location compared to JLD. oh I last heard there is lousy mrt line going to be built, thomson line? nah, still not as good as JLD.

congrats to all wisest smartest genius investors of JLD! to infinity and beyond!

Regulators
16-06-13, 11:37
He is thinking jurong is the knightsbridge of singapore, cant blame him.
What makes you think those staying in the east can't afford the west?
You see east coast, bedok, tanah merah, tampines people no up?

Many went thru 4 years of uni life and stayed in the west before. Be it in hostel or rented rooms around west. Not conducive means not conducive, no dispute about that.

Mu
16-06-13, 11:46
I worked around the area at one point.

That time we had the older JE shopping mall next to the MRT.

I am glad that I no longer work there. I think it is one of the worst MRT stops due to the crowds. Everywhere around the area, crowd from the factories etc congregate. In the evening, many people use the vacant land around the MRT as "picnic grounds.":scared-1:

However, if the government is genuinely interested in redeveloping the area to a point that justifies this $1600 price tag, then good.

But if the changes are only cosmetic and quick, then I'm rather skeptical.

Plus points.
1)MRT
2)JEM

Minus Points
1)High price which is unheard of for that area
2)Gateway to the industrial areas/factories of Tuas/Pioneer, which means the crowd around the area will consist of people attached to those industries
3) 99 LH
4) Distance from the city

But seriously to those who are going to buy, I hope you have looked around at the other places.

sunrise
16-06-13, 11:55
He is thinking jurong is the knightsbridge of singapore, cant blame him.

his horn blowing louder each day.

leesg123
16-06-13, 12:01
Yah also why Abercrombie set up first stall along orchard n not jem. LV, chanel, gucci, Prada should all move to j cube n jem mah. Maybe LKY can consider shifting from Oxley to jld also. Think more than 80% of Singapore must be crazy not to live or aspire to live in jld :D
Abercrombie stupid mah, lack foresight of the JLD investors, they will regret. likewise many ministers staying at east side will regret too. wat to do? :tongue3:

august
16-06-13, 12:04
Retail brands from orchard cant be wrong to open in JLD.. They already know the targeted crowd and potential here. If not, why dont they open elsewhere outside orchard.

if u notice the "orchard" brands that are venturing into ocr are names like uniqlo, h&m, robinsons, and m&s. These are still brands that primarily sell to the masses, bcos of the population catchement in the west. but where are the luxury and high end boutiques?
so what does this tell u about the targeted crowd and potential? ;)

Allthepies
16-06-13, 12:05
Can someone answer me at today context whether we can still get a 1 bedder of 500sqft in town/cbd within 200m of mrt at 1600psf?

The reason I ask this question is to find out whether the whole market is overpriced or just J gateway

Thanks.

Mu
16-06-13, 12:12
Can someone answer me at today context whether we can still get a 1 bedder of 500sqft in town/cbd within 200m of mrt at 1600psf?

The reason I ask this question is to find out whether the whole market is overpriced or just J gateway

Thanks.

Im sure you can find a similar unit/location elsewhere with a much lower price tag....

Also look at the selling price around JE. Once you factor in the MRT and JEM, is it still worth paying that much of a premium?

Only you can decide

NO_7
16-06-13, 12:12
if u notice the "orchard" brands that are venturing into ocr are names like uniqlo, h&m, robinsons, and m&s. These are still brands that primarily sell to the masses, bcos of the population catchement in the west. but where are the luxury and high end boutiques?
so what does this tell u about the targeted crowd and potential? ;)
Those high end r for CBD OL, Jurong industrial OL carries mid range one:D.
Qns: where u buy yr Chanel Boy?
Ans: Jurong.
Qns: Wow! Cool.

Allthepies
16-06-13, 12:17
Im sure you can find a similar unit/location elsewhere with a much lower price tag....

Also look at the selling price around JE. Once you factor in the MRT and JEM, is it still worth paying that much of a premium?

Only you can decide

What do you mean by similar location? Tampines, tanah merah ? Are these locations even of comparable attributes?

Yup only the buyers can decide.

What I know is that in town/cbd you can't get at 1600psf

not buying becos of general market conditions not becos of JLD conditions.

lajia
16-06-13, 12:17
I can understand why single expats want to live in a one bedr in town , can't see any logic in renting a one bedr in the outskirt. Moreover a 6xxsft unit at j gateway going for $1 million will probably rent at an average $3k monthly, equating to 3+% yield. Judge for yourself if that is good investment.
expat normally rent where they work near...
in OCR, where do you think most job creation will come from? have you got any idea what businesses and who will be planting their foot in JLD? Do a search...not to argue as many would think it is unwise for 1 bedder to kick of compare to CCR but think again, if u are expat working in IBP for e.g., where would you rent, JLD or RV? If JLD, is there many condos?? See, for the past 6yrs or more, not a single launch. :)
Let see, many dumb ass might prove a smart ass wrong...:o

starrynight
16-06-13, 12:21
I don't want to wade into the fight, but does anyone know how well sold the devt is right now?

My friend went to kaypoh yest, and said the PRC in front of her bought 6 units.

Re Japanese enclaves, both RV and West Coast are popular. The ones with families, and more limited budgets, prefer the Pasir Panjang / West Coast stretch because of the schools nearby.

The ones who have a bigger budget appear to prefer RV. Some of the really popular condos in the RV stretch with the Japs are Valley Park, Aspen Heights and Rivergate. The latter 2 have golf driving range netting and gold simulator respectively, which may partly explain why. Meidi-ya at Liang Court and the endless Jap restaurants at Robertson Quay make a lot of difference too.

I get the impression that the Japs like to live amongst their own people in the same condo, so unless a lot of them move together / have already moved somewhere else, it might take time for a particular condo to become popular with the Japs.

Haha no la. Japanese prefers West the most. I don't mind banglas la cos the rental yield is going to be over 4% at J Gateway any way. You can still have your stingy angmohs who pay you 2.8% rental yield for the best Waterford.

smallant
16-06-13, 12:21
I checking out parc oasis.. bigger cheaper better!!
;-)

Allthepies
16-06-13, 12:26
;-)
It got maintenance issue. Just appear in the news recently. Check it out

Regulators
16-06-13, 12:26
That is the main point about renting in suburbs, you can always get something bigger, cheaper n better. For town, bigger n better usually means more expensive.
;-)

kane
16-06-13, 12:27
6 units means about $6mio blown there. Power...

fiat500
in OCR, where do you think most job creation will come from? have you got any idea what businesses and who will be planting their foot in JLD? Do a search...not to argue as many would think it is unwise for 1 bedder to kick of compare to CCR but think again, if u are expat working in IBP for e.g., where would you rent, JLD or RV? If JLD, is there many condos?? See, for the past 6yrs or more, not a single launch. :)
Actually not that true.. Many expats working in the city or cbd lives in the east n west of sg.

lajia
have you missed out the why there is a hotel within 300m from the mrt? why compare dist to city? u go orchard rd everyday? what is the purpose of decentralisation? Any OCR with such magnitude of development, can name one?With hosipital, shopping malls, offices, hotel and theme pk or entainterment F&B all within 1km radius? This is not a joke!

good rental yield will be supported by limited supply (PC), job creations, & vibrant surrounding! :2cents:

I worked around the area at one point.

That time we had the older JE shopping mall next to the MRT.

I am glad that I no longer work there. I think it is one of the worst MRT stops due to the crowds. Everywhere around the area, crowd from the factories etc congregate. In the evening, many people use the vacant land around the MRT as "picnic grounds.":scared-1:

However, if the government is genuinely interested in redeveloping the area to a point that justifies this $1600 price tag, then good.

But if the changes are only cosmetic and quick, then I'm rather skeptical.

Plus points.
1)MRT
2)JEM

Minus Points
1)High price which is unheard of for that area
2)Gateway to the industrial areas/factories of Tuas/Pioneer, which means the crowd around the area will consist of people attached to those industries
3) 99 LH
4) Distance from the city

But seriously to those who are going to buy, I hope you have looked around at the other places.

lajia
16-06-13, 12:30
Actually not that true.. Many expats working in the city or cbd lives in the east n west of sg.
you are talking about now...about about in 3 yrs time?? look forward bro. :o west is now playing catch up.... dont be too surprice even though many investors in the east would disagree....sure it is alright. :p

august
16-06-13, 12:30

so far what new businesses or corporates are setting up offices in JLD? we know MND will be moving to JEM and be anchor tenant, while capitaland will occupy upcoming westgate. they are hardly the types that will bring in new expats or tenants.
Existing expats in IBP already have their comfy abode, why would they settle for the shoeboxes that is J gate? :)

Adva181
16-06-13, 12:31
Hi....my budget is limited to 1.5 mil SGD.

If a crash really happen, interest rate goes up, MSR may be reduced further as lending tightens, do u think u still can afford a $1.5m unit?

Regulators
16-06-13, 12:33
Hotels there are many kinds, what hotel u referring to? 5 star hotel? Would tourists pay $300/night to live in jld or marina bay?
have you missed out the why there is a hotel within 300m from the mrt? why compare dist to city? u go orchard rd everyday? what is the purpose of decentralisation? Any OCR with such magnitude of development, can name one?With hosipital, shopping malls, offices, hotel and theme pk or entainterment F&B all within 1km radius? This is not a joke!

good rental yield will be supported by limited supply (PC), job creations, & vibrant surrounding! :2cents:

Allthepies
16-06-13, 12:39
Can we stop comparing JLD to city.

JLD definitely cannot compare to city.

City pricing on the other hand is way above JLD. 1600psf in JLD, 2000 or more in city. 3000 or more for bay area?

However what should be of concern is whether the pricing in JLD is considered a premium compared to other town outside the city.

oops
16-06-13, 12:40
Published November 28, 2012Westgate mall draws healthy interestHalf the retail space pre-leased a year ahead of openingBy ong chor haoTHE mall in the upcoming Westgate development in Jurong East has seen healthy interest a year ahead of its targeted opening in December next year.CapitaMalls Asia (CMA), CapitaMalls Trust and CapitaLand, which own the mixed development through a joint venture, said yesterday that to date, about half the retail space has been pre-leased.This is despite rents being generally higher than at CMA's two other Jurong East properties, IMM Building and JCube. Westgate commands rents of $16 to $18 per sq ft per month (psf pm) - at the upper end of the $10 to $18 psf pm for all three properties.Among the Westgate mall's anchor tenants are Isetan, which will run its first supermarket outside Orchard Road, and Food Republic; other tenants include Yamaha music school, Paradise Dynasty restaurant and Paul Bakery.The venture said that the mall would tap a captive market of more than a million people - including middle-income families and working professionals - living or working in western Singapore, though its catchment will come from across the island.That the mall will be connected to the Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and LendLease's JEM mall will bring it traffic; its link to the Jurong East MRT station and proximity to the Jurong East bus interchange will also bring some 1.8 million commuters a month, the venture said.The mall will have a net lettable area of 416,000 sq ft - about the same size as the retail area in Raffles City Singapore."In short, we are bringing Raffles City to Jurong East," said Wee Su Lin, the general manager of WestgateThe mall will have a thematic playground designed by an American theme park designer who has worked on attractions at Universal Studios and Disneyland.It will also have a gym, a childcare centre and a naturally-ventilated area called the Courtyard, a covered outdoor shopping area bathed in natural light and cooled by jet blowers and air diffusers.Besides the seven floors of shops of this family and lifestyle mall, Westgate will have a 20-storey office building called Westgate Tower, into which the CapitaLand Group will move from end-2014.The Westgate development is part of Jurong Gateway, which the Urban Redevelopment Authority has earmarked as one of three key commercial hubs outside the city centre that will provide jobs closer to where people live.

To be follow up in Dec 2013.

lajia
16-06-13, 12:42
sounds like u never travel for business or you big towkay only work in sg...if you need to go JLD for meeting clients here, u stay in marina bay?? what kind of question is this? :scared-4:
so if u want to visit the theme pk or entertainment in JLD, visit zoo, bird pk, etc and you only have one day one night, u stay in marina for what? also, hotel not only for tourists la, also for business travelers ...:2cents:

put your sight beyond 3yrs....not now...

Hotels there are many kinds, what hotel u referring to? 5 star hotel? Would tourists pay $300/night to live in jld or marina bay?

Regulators
16-06-13, 12:46
So ritz carlton, Hilton n oriental hotel should be set up in jld to simply cater to mnc bosses meeting clients in jurong island? Oh so ceos of companies cannot live in marina bay n travel to meet clients in jurong ?? Geez...
sounds like u never travel for business or you big towkay only work in sg...if you need to go JLD for meeting clients here, u stay in marina bay?? what kind of question is this? :scared-4:

lionhill
16-06-13, 12:49
the price of $1650 psf may make some ccr owners, for example domain 21, eye red. but compared with the newly launched pcs in the east, bukit panjang, and far north east, it is really comparable.

previously, i also think the pricing is too high. but viewing the hot arguments incurred, i think i may be wrong.there is no logic. just because all projects with a lot of diverging comments turned out successful in the end.

lajia
16-06-13, 12:52
I'm just trying to tell you why ppl would choose to stay there and I'm not disputing whether they should put up in ritz carlton or elsewhere...:o they can even choose to stay in sentosa.....:p

So ritz carlton, Hilton n oriental hotel should be set up in jld to simply cater to mnc bosses meeting clients in jurong island? Oh so ceos of companies cannot live in marina bay n travel to meet clients in jurong ?? Geez...

Xan
16-06-13, 12:58
One dumb ass might think he's the smartest ass.

1) to reach jurong need long drive to reach here.
2) too many hdbs enclave and the crowd living there r totally different from those in CBD. You open hermes, Chanel, prada there who will buy? The old HDB aunties? Or the normal working class?
3) if jurong worth as much as CBD, why MCL wouldn't price it 2500 to 3500 psf?
Jurong can never be the CBD and can never be. The type of people living there will determine the environment and thus the quality.
The environment there is totally different from east coast, tanjong rhu, marina.

But no one tries to dispute it has investment potential, not difficult to find tenant. The main argument here is whether at 1650psf there's any meat left. How much can it appreciate. How much rental can it yield? 4k per month? Logical or illogical? Then why don't I rent he sail instead?
But to match jurong's living quality with CBD quality is futile.

august
16-06-13, 13:02

2) too many hdbs enclave and the crowd living there r totally different from those in CBD. You open hermes, Chanel, prada there who will buy? The old HDB aunties? Or the normal working class?
Jurong can never be the CBD and can never be. The type of people living there will determine the environment and thus the quality.
The environment there is totally different from east coast, tanjong rhu, marina.

But no one tries to dispute it has investment potential, not difficult to find tenant. The main argument here is whether at 1650psf there's any meat left. How much can it appreciate.

just agents trying to talk up without logic... lol

Regulators
I agree some business people might choose to bunk at the hotels in jld for convenience, for leisure if prices of rooms are equal to town, i am not so certain unless the room prices are enticing enough in jld. It would certainly be an eye popper if big hotel names appear in jld
I'm just trying to tell you why ppl would choose to stay there and I'm not disputing whether they should put up in ritz carlton or elsewhere...:o they can even choose to stay in sentosa.....:p

Adva181
Last time, using 100k, u collect 4k monthly rental.
Den it becomes 200k, 400k n now 600k, for u to collect 4k rental.

Mu
16-06-13, 13:08
I agree some business people might choose to bunk at the hotels in jld for convenience, for leisure if prices of rooms are equal to town, i am not so certain unless the room prices are enticing enough in jld. It would certainly be an eye popper if big hotel names appear in jld

I am rather sure that MNCs will not add "non central" and "non branded" hotels into their registry unless there is a clear need to do so, i.e the distance/accessibility to their intended locations require the addition of such hotels. In Singapore, where got accessibility issue?? U live in CBD, you can easily reach every part of the island...Plus after work, you can entertain clients etc in the CBD area.....I cannot imagine entertaining clients in JE:doh:

oops
16-06-13, 13:12
I am rather sure that MNCs will not add "non central" and "non branded" hotels into their registry unless there is a clear need to do so, i.e the distance/accessibility to their intended locations require the addition of such hotels. In Singapore, where got accessibility issue?? U live in CBD, you can easily reach every part of the island...Plus after work, you can entertain clients etc in the CBD area.....I cannot imagine entertaining clients in JE:doh:

The mall will have a net lettable area of 416,000 sq ft - about the same size as the retail area in Raffles City Singapore."In short, we are bringing Raffles City to Jurong East," said Wee Su Lin, the general manager of Westgate

lajia
16-06-13, 13:19
you cannot imagine thats because you have a narrow aspect into other trades....:2cents: ppl started very much to think that JLD is going to be comparable to CBD and thats why they started to make comment that that is not possible.

but who says it is going to replace the current CBD? Who says it will be the next Shenton Way? :o

you prefer to stay in CBD doesn't mean that it make perfect sense for all to put up there...just like for some of my friends staying in pasir ris, i always ask them, why, u go airport everyday? how many times u go pasir ris beach? so, why pasir ris?? i believe they have their own reasons...:)

Xan
16-06-13, 13:20
;-)

You r the smartest ass :D

lajia
16-06-13, 13:29
You r the smartest ass :D

why dont u ask him to check lakepoint condo.....lagi best...:D thats the way it should be right....:D

Mu
16-06-13, 13:30
you cannot imagine thats because you have a narrow aspect into other trades....:2cents: ppl started very much to think that JLD is going to be comparable to CBD and thats why they started to make comment that that is not possible.

but who says it is going to replace the current CBD? Who says it will be the next Shenton Way? :o

you prefer to stay in CBD doesn't mean that it make perfect sense for all to put up there...just like for some of my friends staying in pasir ris, i always ask them, why, u go airport everyday? how many times u go pasir ris beach? so, why pasir ris?? i believe they have their own reasons...:)

We're not talking abt preference here. We are talking about investment potential and whether paying $1600 is worth it.

If you're telling me that companies are going to add JE into their hotel/Expat condo registries, I'll be damned.

lajia
16-06-13, 13:50
then u should define your investment value...capital appreciation, yields, etc and looking into a longer time horizon.

We're not talking abt preference here. We are talking about investment potential and whether paying $1600 is worth it.

If you're telling me that companies are going to add JE into their hotel/Expat condo registries, I'll be damned.

fiat500
16-06-13, 14:02
Let's not get into heated debate over this issue... I reckon it's pointless!

Come to think of it, investors should be happy that this project is going for 1600psf n not 800psf ! This shows the property scene in sg is still vibrant n healthy despite so many CMs.
Further down the road, prices in other areas will equally move in tandem... Win win situation for investors..

What's worrying are more CMs in the near future!

Allthepies
16-06-13, 14:03
50% believe 50% not... It already conclude whether can buy :D :D :D .

If 100% believe: you better not buy :D :D :D

Ringo33
16-06-13, 14:07
so far what new businesses or corporates are setting up offices in JLD? we know MND will be moving to JEM and be anchor tenant, while capitaland will occupy upcoming westgate. they are hardly the types that will bring in new expats or tenants.
Existing expats in IBP already have their comfy abode, why would they settle for the shoeboxes that is J gate? :)

There is a 1100 bed hospital a hotel a new office block to be launch by sim lian. And how do you know that capitaland MND BCA AVA doesn't employ expat?

DaytonaSS
16-06-13, 14:19

But no one tries to dispute it has investment potential, not difficult to find tenant. The main argument here is whether at 1650psf there's any meat left. How much can it appreciate. How much rental can it yield? 4k per month? Logical or illogical? Then why don't I rent he sail instead?

quality post~!

now then want to board the boat! MBT already tell u, i will clamp and he show u many times he will clamp. next few years confirm no meat left, wanna buy for rental play, buy completed units ba. $$$$ in hand is worth x10 more in the imagination world.

Regulators
16-06-13, 14:29
Yes, u r right, makes no sense paying future pricing n imagine future rental yield 4 years later. I always buy resale unless new launch prices too good to be true. So far all i can say about jgateway pricing is :doh:
quality post~!

now then want to board the boat! MBT already tell u, i will clamp and he show u many times he will clamp. next few years confirm no meat left, wanna buy for rental play, buy completed units ba. $$$$ in hand is worth x10 more in the imagination world.

Ringo33
16-06-13, 15:26

You totally misinterpreted what JLD is supposed to be. It's not meant to be central nor is it meant to be central business district.it is just the largest commercial business hub outside CBD?

The population in the west is big enough to support the business for JLD and JLD is not meant to provide the needs of people living in central or the east.

So please stop making nonsensical comparison,

ecimbew
16-06-13, 16:03
It's only cheque collection for interest right???

I don't want to wade into the fight, but does anyone know how well sold the devt is right now?

My friend went to kaypoh yest, and said the PRC in front of her bought 6 units.

Re Japanese enclaves, both RV and West Coast are popular. The ones with families, and more limited budgets, prefer the Pasir Panjang / West Coast stretch because of the schools nearby.

The ones who have a bigger budget appear to prefer RV. Some of the really popular condos in the RV stretch with the Japs are Valley Park, Aspen Heights and Rivergate. The latter 2 have golf driving range netting and gold simulator respectively, which may partly explain why. Meidi-ya at Liang Court and the endless Jap restaurants at Robertson Quay make a lot of difference too.

I get the impression that the Japs like to live amongst their own people in the same condo, so unless a lot of them move together / have already moved somewhere else, it might take time for a particular condo to become popular with the Japs.

CondoSGP
16-06-13, 16:06
Any update for the sales?

Mu
16-06-13, 16:30
Yes really keen to know how the sales are moving??

Xan
16-06-13, 16:35
Actually J Gateway is really a no brainer.

When JLD TOP, thousands of shoppers from all over Singapore will come to JLD every weekend and they will be admiring at the majestic sight of J Gateway standing next to all those shopping mall and offices

Because you talked like the whole singapore will flock to JLD every weekend.
Ya lor, all other shopping centers, businesses in prime areas/other areas can close down already.
Who is making nonsensical comparison here? :doh:
JLD dare to launch at this kinda price, you cannot stop others like regulator to compare Waterford (prime areas) with J. Frankly speaking, very seldom u heard many people saying staying in jurong is conducive.
And btw, I had no doubts about J's potential and rental opportunities, the question is how much meat is left after 1800psf including stamp duty. If u think still got a lot of meat, please go ahead and buy lah. I also believe there will be many faithful supporters like you and the project will be a sellout.

Mu
16-06-13, 16:39
Ya lor, all other shopping centers, businesses in prime areas/other areas can close down already.
JLD dare to launch at this kinda price, you cannot stop others like regulator to compare Waterford (prime areas) with J. Frankly speaking, very seldom u heard many people saying staying in jurong is conducive.
And btw, I had no doubts about J's potential and rental opportunities, the question is how much meat is left after 1800psf including stamp duty. If u think still got a lot of meat, please go ahead and buy lah. I also believe there will be many faithful supporters like you and the project will be a sellout.

If project is sellout.....then welcome to CM8:doh: :scared-4: :banghead: :scared-1:

sunboy77
16-06-13, 16:40
Why do many of you keep saying future price ah? You are sure the future price in 4 years will still be $1600psf on average? You are absolutely sure?

Xan
16-06-13, 16:46
Why do many of you keep saying future price ah? You are sure the future price in 4 years will still be $1600psf on average? You are absolutely sure?

No one is sure.
I never say that buying J is sure lose.
But no need to say until buying J is a no brainer purchase either as the price is not cheap either.
To be honest with you, if I am all out to discriminate staying in jurong from the start and have doubts in its potential, I would not have reccee jurong area for so many times recently.

Ringo33
16-06-13, 17:03

That is a fact because as of now many people from Singapore are already going to IMM for weekend grocery shopping. But that does mean JLD is trying to duplicate orchard.

Waterford? 2.3% capital gain per year since 2007. Is that even worth discussing?

ecimbew
16-06-13, 17:08
Actually the hospital design looks gd.

http://www.jurongnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/NTF1e.jpg

http://jurongnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Jurong-Hospital-Snapshot.jpg

http://jurongnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Jurong-Hospital-Site-Plan.jpg

http://jurongnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Future-Gateway.jpg

Allthepies
16-06-13, 17:10
I find it strange people keep saying future pricing.

To be frank, any intelligent developer will launch all new launch at `future` pricing if it can sell. :doh:

no developer will sell at historical pricing lah unless with no choice

Xan
16-06-13, 17:14
That is a fact because as of now many people from Singapore are already going to IMM for weekend grocery shopping. But that does mean JLD is trying to duplicate orchard.

Waterford? 2.3% capital gain per year since 2007. Is that even worth discussing?

Different areas/project will draw different crowds. Some might go for Waterford for self stay over J.

Have u submitted your cheque? For what I know about MCL, they might surprise you with their launch price, might have chance some low floor units to be slightly lower than 1600psf for 1/2 bedder?

DaytonaSS
16-06-13, 17:19

let uncle share with u, cos uncle also stupid stupid put few hundred k on a project which start building few years ago. If i bought a resale, and start collecting rent, would have collected between 144k-$216k already over 3 years .

Assuming price remain stagnant also make avg $180k already. So can i conclude buy new development at $1600(record) in Jurong East is future pricing. Pay installment now, hope to collect rental in future, THAT IS CALL FUTURE PRICE IMHO!! CANNOT SELL CANNOT FLIP CANNOT RENT! TRULY is call future pricing

lajia
16-06-13, 17:51
Quality sharing....from investment point of view, this is really true!

let uncle share with u, cos uncle also stupid stupid put few hundred k on a project which start building few years ago. If i bought a resale, and start collecting rent, would have collected between 144k-$216k already over 3 years .

Allthepies
16-06-13, 17:55
If there is capital appreciation, new launch will be much higher than resale if bought at the same time.

If no capital appreciation to talk about, stock investment is the way to go, no taxation, more liquid...

ecimbew
16-06-13, 18:03
http://www.stcars.sg/guides-articles/upload/article/16442__1311039332.jpg

FOR the past 24 years, Madam Loo Koon Keaw has had to live with a rumbling sound every few minutes because her flat in Jurong East faces an MRT track.

'I've become used to it, but it's very noisy when the trains pass by between 11 and midnight when the neighbourhood is quieter,' said the 60-year-old retiree.

In May, a new rail viaduct built as part of the Jurong East Modification Project brought the trains even closer to her block. To dampen the noise from the trains and keep noise levels to the same levels as before, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) erected a 400m-long, 1.7m-high noise barrier at the new viaduct.

Madam Loo, who lives on the eighth floor, said the barriers have helped a little to cut down the noise. But this could also be because the tracks are new, she added with a resigned shrug. Once they age, the noise will probably get more intolerable.

In recent years, the 67-decibel limit has also been applied to new roads and expressways. But when widening an older expressway, engineers need only ensure that the expanded roads do not cause an increase in the existing noise level, which could exceed 67 decibels.

Research has found that a constant noise level of more than 80 decibels has been associated with increased risk of permanent hearing loss, and sleep can be significantly disrupted when background noise is 55 decibels or more.

Residents have taken issue with the 67-decibel rule. They argue that while a neighbourhood can be generally quiet, the momentary surges in noise from passing trains is enough to cause disturbance, particularly at night, even if average noise limits are met over an hour-long period.

http://www.stcars.sg/guides-articles/motoring-news/the-problem-with-urban-noise/a/16442

http://static.sglinks.com/assets/pages/1b/69/1b692ce65cfcfbd1bd0b462a514bb493_330.jpg
http://www.mof.gov.sg/budget_2011/expenditure_overview/images/mot_Pix4.jpg
http://weihong.95.googlepages.com/JEMP_Impression1.png

ecimbew
16-06-13, 18:18
The new Singapore Science Centre!
It will be next to Chinese Garden MRT station. Another cheer for Caspian folks.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/skyline/skyline09/skyline09-01/images/image03_01.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9YvUAtT_WYs/TiBADch0E0I/AAAAAAAAAhw/7xTvl38Cx3k/s1600/jurong_l1.jpg

Komo
16-06-13, 18:46

Assuming price remain stagnant also make avg $180k already. So can i conclude buy new development at $1600(record) in Jurong East is future pricing. Pay installment now, hope to collect rental in future, THAT IS CALL FUTURE PRICE IMHO!! CANNOT SELL CANNOT FLIP CANNOT RENT! TRULY is call future pricing
if you sell your new unit you may have made >300k. rent out may fetch >1k more :D

Ringo33
16-06-13, 19:38
Huat ah

http://jieshun.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/jem_3.jpg?w=1200&h=

riverfish
16-06-13, 20:43
Nowadays, freehold properties in D9, D10, D11, D15 - rental yield mostly btw 2- 3%, if you include stamp duty. So if you look purely at the rental yield, it doesn't make investment sense. You are only banging on future capital appreciation, which is a bit like gambling.

Hunting for a good freehold property with a rental yield of 4-5% is like searching for a needle in a haystack, not impossible, but increasingly difficult to find these days. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, it was still not difficult to find. I got 2 good D9 freehold properties back then with a rental yield of at least 5%.

If you are a follower of old fashion investment principle, you would based your investment on sound rental returns calculation (as opposed to hope for future capital appreciation), whilst capital appreciation like is a bonus, the extra icing on the cake.

mygeemeel
16-06-13, 20:57
Buyers invest into this place for convenience. I am sure they have done their sums and have the buying power.

Off topic: With this kind of price, how possible to find mt senile at same or below JEM price? Yet you find at least one tiong bahru resident who insist he can do so... with only s$50k. :eek:

Coolstuff
16-06-13, 21:14
Nowadays, freehold properties in D9, D10, D11, D15 - rental yield mostly btw 2- 3%, if you include stamp duty. So if you look purely at the rental yield, it doesn't make investment sense. You are only banging on future capital appreciation, which is a bit like gambling.

Hunting for a good freehold property with a rental yield of 4-5% is like searching for a needle in a haystack, not impossible, but increasingly difficult to find these days. Back in the late 90s and early 2000s, it was still not difficult to find. I got 2 good D9 freehold properties back then with a rental yield of at least 5%.

If you are a follower of old fashion investment principle, you would based your investment on sound rental returns calculation (as opposed to hope for future capital appreciation), whilst capital appreciation like is a bonus, the extra icing on the cake.

Agree. But whats your take on where to put the spare cash now?... since property has low yield currently. Thanks.

DaytonaSS
16-06-13, 21:25

Cash flow is king. No capital appreciation in the near future. KBW said so

dare2
16-06-13, 21:29
Cash flow is king. No capital appreciation in the near future. KBW said so
..so KBW can guarantee no more inflation? Otherwise that would mean there will be capital depreciation....

amk
16-06-13, 21:31

... Err I'm the old fashioned type, but I thought old fashion is invest for capital gain not for yield ? The idea had always been, buy a pty, 5-10yrs later sell for big capital gain, in the mean time yield is nice extra to cover mortgage ? For real yield play I do REAL yield instruments, not through rental which is not a true "yield", as it includes so many cost, (e.g one month vacant period, agent fee, repair cost, maintenance , etc will reduce your yield by hefty 10, 20%, and it's not even tax free)

That's why old fashion pty investment is all on a proper house, not mm or tiny apt, because you want to be sure the next buyer will want to live in it. And FH is so important because you want to be sure 10yrs later, the next buyer will still be willing to pay for it because he will still have some upside for him.

It is only today, that a new generation of pty investment "principle", where pty investment is mainly for yield, has emerged. Never mind the livability and tenure, as long as the yield is x%. Also never mind the LH, just be sure x yrs later I get rid of it before it loses it's shine.

This jurong project is so obviously built for the new generation pty investors. I would bet majority are buying for rent.

DaytonaSS
16-06-13, 21:50
..so KBW can guarantee no more inflation? Otherwise that would mean there will be capital depreciation....

Go ahead n put $$$ where your belief this. U think got many upside then buy more. Demand and supply determines price not inflation. KBW controls demand and determine supply. Inflation is determined by his colleague

riverfish
16-06-13, 21:51
Agree. But whats your take on where to put the spare cash now?... since property has low yield currently. Thanks.

:beats-me-man: The era of easy money is gone. Back in the 70s, 80s, 90s - even idiots can make money, you can make money with eyes closed. Nowadays, you need to have specialised knowledge in one area (be it stocking picking, property investment etc) to make money - i.e. research, research and more research. That is why, increasingly the average Joe is being squeezed out by the lean and mean with specialised knowledge in one area. Unfortunately, I am one of the average Joes.

I don't know where's the best place to park one's money, but I sure won't chase after rocketing prices when the fundamentals (ie. rental yields) just do not support/justify that kind of price. The same principle applies in stock-picking. Like when Apple stock shoots to the sky, you get many suckers scrambling after the Apple stock, without calculating the fundamentals first.

riverfish
16-06-13, 22:00
... Err I'm the old fashioned type, but I thought old fashion is invest for capital gain not for yield ? The idea had always been, buy a pty, 5-10yrs later sell for big capital gain, in the mean time yield is nice extra to cover mortgage ? For real yield play I do REAL yield instruments, not through rental which is not a true "yield", as it includes so many cost, (e.g one month vacant period, agent fee, repair cost, maintenance , etc will reduce your yield by hefty 10, 20%, and it's not even tax free)

That's why old fashion pty investment is all on a proper house, not mm or tiny apt, because you want to be sure the next buyer will want to live in it. And FH is so important because you want to be sure 10yrs later, the next buyer will still be willing to pay for it because he will still have some upside for him.

It is only today, that a new generation of pty investment "principle", where pty investment is mainly for yield, has emerged. Never mind the livability and tenure, as long as the yield is x%. Also never mind the LH, just be sure x yrs later I get rid of it before it loses it's shine.

This jurong project is so obviously built for the new generation pty investors. I would bet majority are buying for rent.

If your theory is true, most HDB flats in Singapore would be depreciating in prices, instead of appreciating. But you see many HDB flats actually appreciating in prices.

FH is important, in the past, I used to insist on buying only FH. But when you see that many pple buying FH end up with liabilities (i.e. rent cannot cover mortgage payments and bank interest) , pple chasing after skyrocketing FH ppties without regard for the actual returns the ppties can generate - it defies investment sense.

ulrich76
16-06-13, 22:09
HDB 5 room 1300sqft next to jurong gateway selling only for 700k or 500+psf. I would rather buy one, spend 100k on Reno, and then buy a membership at Jurong Country Club. Still got plenty of money left

Regulators
16-06-13, 22:23
... than pay $1 million for a 6xxsqft in the same town...agreed.
HDB 5 room 1300sqft next to jurong gateway selling only for 700k or 500+psf. I would rather buy one, spend 100k on Reno, and then buy a membership at Jurong Country Club. Still got plenty of money left

Ringo33
16-06-13, 22:35
If HDB has got no restriction, I sure will buy 5 units at Jurong East waiting to rent out to filipino and PRC nurse.

So for 5 room HDB at Jurong East, how much rental can you get?

riverfish
16-06-13, 22:37

Yeah, if not for the damn government restriction, :simmering: I would have eagerly grabbed a HDB flat - very good investment I must say.

Ringo33
16-06-13, 22:39
if you have plenty of money and want to enjoy life, why bother with HDB or spending 100K to make your HDB look like condo

westman
16-06-13, 22:51
I also blur. Suddenly Bukit Batok came out... :confused:

Is bukit batok consider part of JLD? Regent Height to be specific. ..
This joker talkk down JLD since day one...

westman
16-06-13, 22:52
... than pay $1 million for a 6xxsqft in the same town...agreed.

When are you going to post the MRT track noise link?:rolleyes:

Ringo33
16-06-13, 22:56

I know, and now he say that he is vested in JLD also, "through RH in Bukit Batok"

I always though that BB owners would prefer to associate themselves with Hillview and upper bukit timah. Now JLD?

amk
16-06-13, 23:08
If your theory is true, most HDB flats in Singapore would be depreciating in prices, instead of appreciating. But you see many HDB flats actually appreciating in prices.

FH is important, in the past, I used to insist on buying only FH. But when you see that many pple buying FH end up with liabilities (i.e. rent cannot cover mortgage payments and bank interest) , pple chasing after skyrocketing FH ppties without regard for the actual returns the ppties can generate - it defies investment sense.

It's not a theory. Investing just on yield is myopic. The value of a pty is not the cumulative sum of its rents. Without capital gain, what you get is just an asset that eventually has poor total return. I dun mean LH must be poor investment. I just gave example why old fashioned investors value FH, because this group value capital gains. LH can have gd capital gain only when you have good entry point and exit point. New group of investors place yield at disproportionally high priority, often overlooking the fundamentals.

I dun want to divert this debate into LH vs FH. it should be on capital gain vs yield. HDB is such a special asset, its value is totally gov controlled. Dun mix this with normal condo investment. (Btw once upon a time, no one wanted to buy HDB in jurong. MBT had to give free ID and did show flat of HDB to sell. The appreciation of HDB has almost nothing to do with LH or FH. You can even say HDB is FH because gov will always enbloc you. )

For investors of this condo, getting 3-4k rental should not be a problem. The question is , is this enough ? If you have no prospect of selling at 20% more in 5ys time, do you mind ? But if you have faith in this JLD story, you believe 20% in 5y is possible, by all means.

Autumnwinds
16-06-13, 23:10
If HDB has got no restriction, I sure will buy 5 units at Jurong East waiting to rent out to filipino and PRC nurse.

I believe it can be quite substantial. I have a 3 room rented out at Jurong East for 2.1k a month. Is that substantial enough :D :D

Regulators
16-06-13, 23:32
If you can't get the drift of all my arguments about jld then go learn some English. I never talk down jld, just don't see why prices should escalate towards another CM just because of jld. I won't talk up an area just because I m vested unlike many who do here, I am just being objective when discussing about pricing which obviously is absurd for what j gateway is pricing. You can criticise whatever shit you want about regent heights for all I care coz I don't live there n wouldn't give a shit as long as it is making me money (since 2010 december my unit has gone up 40% excluding my rental income in case you wondering). If you not sure whether bukit batok is part of jld, just check Wikipedia lor so simple also you dont know:doh:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jurong_Lake_District

CondoInterested
16-06-13, 23:33
I believe it can be quite substantial. I have a 3 room rented out at Jurong East for 2.1k a month. Is that substantial enough :D :DYou talking about HDB 3Rm flat (2 BR & 1 LR type), JE still have meh?

If so, anyway, this is quite a standard price for 3Rm HDB, further down nearer to town is higher.

Autumnwinds
16-06-13, 23:58
You talking about HDB 3Rm flat (2 BR & 1 LR type), JE still have meh?

If so, anyway, this is quite a standard price for 3Rm HDB, further down nearer to town is higher.

Yup that exact layout. I'm not saying I'm getting high/low rental. I'm just meaning it's pretty substantial. I only paid a little over a 100k for it so no complains. :D

CCR
17-06-13, 00:20
If you can't get the drift of all my arguments about jld then go learn some English. I never talk down jld, just don't see why prices should escalate towards another CM just because of jld. I won't talk up an area just because I m vested unlike many who do here, I am just being objective when discussing about pricing which obviously is absurd for what j gateway is pricing. You can criticise whatever shit you want about regent heights for all I care coz I don't live there n wouldn't give a shit as long as it is making me money (since 2010 december my unit has gone up 40% excluding my rental income in case you wondering). If you not sure whether bukit batok is part of jld, just check Wikipedia lor so simple also you dont know:doh:

But your past posts shows that you dont know the full details and plans for JLD?

ecimbew
17-06-13, 00:37
Come come come don't argue over silly JLD projects.

Let me show you what is luxurious. Guess where is it.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/conservation/images/grandduchess.jpg

http://www.topluxuryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/grand-duchess.jpg

Regulators
17-06-13, 00:40
Whatever I know is in the wiki link , anything I missed out ? So you agree with them that jurong should be priced at $1600, 1700 or higher psf just for jld ?

But your past posts shows that you dont know the full details and plans for JLD?

mygeemeel
17-06-13, 02:42
Speaking of regent heights. Those who bought last year, only stand to make about s$30k if sold this year? Don't flame me... just sharing.

I didn't like Caspian but i like the JLD marketing. I bought it and it brought me good profit when i sold it in short period.

Jurong Gateway condo: Those who bought at s$1,400~1,600 psf, don't dispair. So long as JLD develops, this place will make money. Only thing is the 4 years ssd might be tough to swallow.

westman
17-06-13, 07:26

If you see the way this joker bashed JLD...particularly capsian... you can see how low this JOKER can be. I am vested in Caspian but see liao also dman tulan.... pui!

westman
17-06-13, 07:30

Go checked it out my posts... did I ever criticise RH?
Do you need to criticise others just to put your points across?

Anyway... this would be my last direct reponse to you as responding to you is a waste of my time...

riverfish
17-06-13, 09:38
It's not a theory. Investing just on yield is myopic. The value of a pty is not the cumulative sum of its rents. Without capital gain, what you get is just an asset that eventually has poor total return. I dun mean LH must be poor investment. I just gave example why old fashioned investors value FH, because this group value capital gains. LH can have gd capital gain only when you have good entry point and exit point. New group of investors place yield at disproportionally high priority, often overlooking normal condo investment. (Btw once upon a time, no one wanted to buy HDB in jurong. MBT had to give free ID and did show flat of HDB to sell.

Yes, the risk of LH is that when ppty bubble burst, LH ppties will be screwed first, whereas freehold ppties though not immune to price fall, tend to hold their value better. Then again, LH ppties well located do have better cushion against price plunge.

riverfish
17-06-13, 09:47
Yup that exact layout. I'm not saying I'm getting high/low rental. I'm just meaning it's pretty substantial. I only paid a little over a 100k for it so no complains. :D
:p Retirement income for life. Better than CPF annuity scheme. Congrats.

Autumnwinds
17-06-13, 11:05
:p Retirement income for life. Better than CPF annuity scheme. Congrats.

Thank you, thank you :D

Still cannot afford to think of retirement lei. Many more donkey years to come

Regulators
17-06-13, 12:18
You are vested in caspian that is why u spit at others for criticising caspian. Itis natural for you to do that, as i say you are like others who talk up a place just because u r vested. Anyway if you think living by the mrt track is good quality of life, continue to think that way nobody will stop u. I will never live in a place like caspian even if you offered me to live there free.
If you see the way this joker bashed JLD...particularly capsian... you can see how low this JOKER can be. I am vested in Caspian but see liao also dman tulan.... pui!

starrynight
17-06-13, 12:37
GD at St. Pat's lah :)

Not bad, but I wouldn't call it luxurious lah... Luxurious is like Tate Residences... yummy :D

Come come come don't argue over silly JLD projects.

Let me show you what is luxurious. Guess where is it.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/conservation/images/grandduchess.jpg

http://www.topluxuryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/grand-duchess.jpg

leesg123
17-06-13, 12:57
Luxurious would be The Marq by SC Global. but to some luxurious is relative, jem is luxurious compared to IMM. just like the condo is compared to the hdb there.

starrynight
17-06-13, 13:23
Wah, that one is not "luxurious" for most people; that one is "superlative" category already :D

Luxurious would be The Marq by SC Global. but to some luxurious is relative, jem is luxurious compared to IMM. just like the condo is compared to the hdb there.

Wait Long Long
17-06-13, 14:35
You are vested in caspian that is why u spit at others for criticising caspian. Itis natural for you to do that, as i say you are like others who talk up a place just because u r vested. Anyway if you think living by the mrt track is good quality of life, continue to think that way nobody will stop u. I will never live in a place like caspian even if you offered me to live there free.

Just curious, I noticed you only criticise Caspian, why not Lakeholmz and Lakefront Residences or Double Bay Residences or Metropolitan or The Jade or even Queens? Aren't these also by the track?

So based on what you say you won't live in any of these places although they are offered free?

I wonder..... Double standards? :tsk-tsk:

Regulators
17-06-13, 15:03
You are right, they are just as bad but caspian has to take the cake coz the rest are either not in jurong or 20m from the track.
Just curious, I noticed you only criticise Caspian, why not Lakeholmz and Lakefront Residences or Double Bay Residences or Metropolitan or The Jade or even Queens? Aren't these also by the track?

So based on what you say you won't live in any of these places although they are offered free?

I wonder..... Double standards? :tsk-tsk:

Wait Long Long
17-06-13, 15:30
You are right, they are just as bad but caspian has to take the cake coz the rest are either not in jurong or 20m from the track.

Unless I am wrong, or Onemap is wrong, I believe both Lakeholmz and Lakefront residences are both in Jurong (in fact they are neighbours of Caspian) and both are 20m from the track.

Wonder if the buildings mysteriously moved away from the track yesterday night?? :beats-me-man:

dare2
17-06-13, 17:08
Unless I am wrong, or Onemap is wrong, I believe both Lakeholmz and Lakefront residences are both in Jurong (in fact they are neighbours of Caspian) and both are 20m from the track.

Wonder if the buildings mysteriously moved away from the track yesterday night?? :beats-me-man:
....because Caspian was damn cheap back then and early birds got the worms and laughed all the way to the bank...

Regulators
17-06-13, 17:36
Any property bought in 2009 or 2010 would make money.
....because Caspian was damn cheap back then and early birds got the worms and laughed all the way to the bank...

Ringo33
17-06-13, 17:54
Any property bought in 2009 or 2010 would make money.

Its pretty obvious you dont really have a clue about what you are talking.

Seriously you should get your information and bearing right before commenting on JLD.

oops
17-06-13, 18:18
Price does look like a good entry for next upcoming prime district.

Regulators
17-06-13, 18:26
Commenting j gateway pricingis absurd because of jld is wrong? You carry a nationwide poll n I bet you 90% of the ppl surveyed will say it is overpriced. It doesn't take a person to study the jld plans in great detail to come to that conclusion.

Its pretty obvious you dont really have a clue about what you are talking.

Seriously you should get your information and bearing right before commenting on JLD.

Ringo33
17-06-13, 18:44
Commenting j gateway pricingis absurd because of jld is wrong? You carry a nationwide poll n I bet you 90% of the ppl surveyed will say it is overpriced. It doesn't take a person to study the jld plans in great detail to come to that conclusion.

If you ask any foreigners, 99% will tell you Singapore property are over priced, except foreigners who have invested in Singapore.

Regulators
17-06-13, 18:45
This statement you made also shows your ignorance about jld , it is in jld plan to link bukit batok to jurong east through 24km of park connectors linking to jurong east mrt, u mean you dont know that being vested in jurong ?

I always though that BB owners would prefer to associate themselves with Hillview and upper bukit timah. Now JLD?

Ringo33
17-06-13, 19:08
This statement you made also shows your ignorance about jld , it is in jld plan to link bukit batok to jurong east through 24km of park connectors linking to jurong east mrt, u mean you dont know that being vested in jurong ?

JLD is linked to all other part of Singapore via road and MRT tracks, and its surrounded by Bukit Batok, Clementi and Jurong West, Pandan Teban etc.

Anyway, no one is interested to talk about Bukit Batok when discussing about JLD. So please bring your Regent Heights and Bukit Batok somewhere else.

Regulators
17-06-13, 19:30
What a clown, did i bring up bukit batok n regent hts or your caspian track noise loving buddy westman, get your facts right. :doh:

JLD is linked to all other part of Singapore via road and MRT tracks, and its surrounded by Bukit Batok, Clementi and Jurong West, Pandan Teban etc.

Anyway, no one is interested to talk about Bukit Batok when discussing about JLD. So please bring your Regent Heights and Bukit Batok somewhere else.

Ringo33
17-06-13, 19:41
What a clown, did i bring up bukit batok n regent hts or your caspian track noise loving buddy westman, get your facts right. :doh:

Didnt you say that you have vested interest in JLD because you own a property in Bukit Batok?

Anyway, please stop making silly remarks about JLD for not being up to orchard standards because JLD was never meant to be one.

Regulators
17-06-13, 19:42
This is the dumbest thing one can say coz it is needless to say. I can also say Singapore linked to Thailand via the causeway n a series of roads heading north...geezzz :doh:

JLD is linked to all other part of Singapore via road and MRT tracks.

amk
17-06-13, 19:43
Is it normal till now still no sales update ? The last weekend is only cheque collection not selling is it ? .... Otherwise HK Land should at least announce something to SGX... Any agent has info ?

august
17-06-13, 19:44
Didnt you say that you have vested interest in JLD because you own a property in Bukit Batok?

Anyway, please stop making silly remarks about JLD for not being up to orchard standards because JLD was never meant to be one.

but we have some in the forum, perhaps they are agents, alluding that JLB will be right up there with prime CCR and orchard leh. I read already cannot help but laugh :)

august
17-06-13, 19:46
Is it normal till now still no sales update ? The last weekend is only cheque collection not selling is it ? .... Otherwise HK Land should at least announce something to SGX... Any agent has info ?

There is no sales. Sales will start next Fri with balloting. What is going on now is viewing by appointment and submission of cheques for those interested to ballot.

amk
17-06-13, 20:02
Thanks. Hey if truly HK style it will announce through press "xxxx cheques collected" to further boost the "buying momentum" :)

august
17-06-13, 20:12
Thanks. Hey if truly HK style it will announce through press "xxxx cheques collected" to further boost the "buying momentum" :)

I went to have a look today. The agents say many cheques are collected. Of cos i don't expect them to say otherwise. Also the place quite packed with viewers considering it is a Monday lol. They are definitely generating considerable buzz.

Ringo33
17-06-13, 20:14
This is the dumbest thing one can say coz it is needless to say. I can also say Singapore linked to Thailand via the causeway n a series of roads heading north...geezzz :doh:

Just because you own a unit RH, that doesnt mean the bukit batok is special and that it is the only township that is qualify to linked to JLD.

I am glad now you know how stupid your argument sound.

Regulators
17-06-13, 20:23
Look who is bringing up regent ht n bukit batok again , what a stupid clown :doh:
Just because you own a unit RH, that doesnt mean the bukit batok is special and that it is the only township that is qualify to linked to JLD.

Ringo33
17-06-13, 20:24
but we have some in the forum, perhaps they are agents, alluding that JLB will be right up there with prime CCR and orchard leh. I read already cannot help but laugh :)

JLD blueprint was never about replacing Orchard nor does it try to pretend to be one. The only thing that is close is that psf price does over lap with prices in CCR. Then again, J Gateway is not the only OCR project that is selling as such high psf price.

when making comparison its better to compare apple to apple. E.. for similar property like J gateway (500sqft next to mrt in CCR orchard) it will already be in the region of >2000psf.

Regulators
17-06-13, 20:32
Wow, associating with jld makes it special? Why hasn't anyone thought of that lol. ... what a clown again. ..

CharlieAng
17-06-13, 20:35
Any idea which facing is good? Southwest facing can see the lake but face mrt track and future bus interchange, northeast facing hospital(not direct facing the building) and boonlay way. Hard to decide

august
17-06-13, 20:46
JLD blueprint was never about replacing Orchard nor does it try to pretend to be one. The only thing that is close is that psf price does over lap with prices in CCR. Then again, J Gateway is not the only OCR project that is selling as such high psf price.

when making comparison its better to compare apple to apple. E.. for similar property like J gateway (500sqft next to mrt in CCR orchard) it will already be in the region of >2000psf.

i think your comparison can be misleading and simplistic.

Bcos if you really want to compare you shld also take into account unit sizes. This is bcos the only reason why OCR is selling at psf that may overlap with some prices in CCR is bcos these OCR unit sizes have shrunk tremendously hence allowing developer to sell at very high psf.

so u are not actually comparing apple to apple lah. :o

Regulators
17-06-13, 20:46
My advice , if u not comfortable with any facing , don't buy
Any idea which facing is good? Southwest facing can see the lake but face mrt track and future bus interchange, northeast facing hospital(not direct facing the building) and boonlay way. Hard to decide

henryhk
17-06-13, 20:48
Die die don't face mrt track, u will have headaches wen u see the tracks and hear the sound coming.. I ever stay at caspian face the track, dabulek tahan!

Ringo33
17-06-13, 20:55

Bcos if you really want to compare you shld also take into account unit sizes. This is bcos the only reason why OCR is selling at psf that may overlap with some prices in CCR is bcos these OCR unit sizes have shrunk tremendously hence allowing developer to sell at very high psf.

I did mention that is we compare similar size unit with attribute like being near MRT, CCR price are all above $2000psf.

mygeemeel
17-06-13, 20:56
Agree. If can choose please avoid mrt facing or blocks that will get echo or stereo of mrt noise.

In the past when flipping was possible (no ssd), it doesn't matter which unit you buy so long as lowest psf. The flipping was fast and buyers only look at map, not physical unit. However construction is 3~4 years, you are still under the ssd period. So by the time you are out of ssd, buyers get to see your top unit. They may be bothered by the noise. I am not saying everyone will avoid noise facing units. It is just troubling when you have buyers commenting 'yeee... so noise. Kids cannot study, must always close windows, and all sorts of reasons'.

If prices do fall drastically, i hope to buy lakeside area. But many bought with ssd, i don't think they can stomach the lost if need to sell.:2cents:

Allthepies
17-06-13, 21:17

I think the one making simplistic comparison is not ringo33 but is regulator... :D

Allthepies
17-06-13, 21:20
I did mention that is we compare similar size unit with attribute like being near MRT, CCR price are all above $2000psf.

:cheers5:

If regulator or anyone can share with me a private condo unit of size 500sqft within 200m from mrt within CBD area selling at 1600psf with at least 95 years lease remaining, please tell me, going to buy buy buy...

Xan
17-06-13, 21:34

If regulator or anyone can share with me a private condo unit of size 500sqft within 200m from mrt within CBD area selling at 1600psf with at least 95 years lease remaining, please tell me, going to buy buy buy...

Don't meant to start a fight as its very tiring.
But this statement has been repeated and asked so many times and is a typical example of associating and comparing CBD and JLD again.
Thus, JLD supporter cannot blame those who tends to compare prime area with JLD.

august
17-06-13, 21:53

I don't get what you are driving at. :confused:
forget about the lease or distance to MRT, if you can find a CCR selling at 1600psf you are not going to get shoebox size like J Gateway. Right?

oops
17-06-13, 21:55
They should sell the 3 bedroom at min $1500 psf and the 1 bedroom min $1800 psf.This pricing is much, much cheaper than Marina Bay condos which are selling at $4000 - 5000 psf.

Xan
17-06-13, 22:03
I don't get what you are driving at. :confused:
forget about the lease or distance to MRT, if you can find a CCR selling at 1600psf you are not going to get shoebox size like J Gateway. Right?

He is basically implying JLD is as good as CBD and if u can get a CBD unit around 500sqft and is within 200m near mrt at 1600psf, he will buy. Else non JLD supporters can just shut up and don't keep complaining JLD is expensive.

I hope I interpret correctly :D

Zile
17-06-13, 22:13
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-charts-to-tell-if-stock-buyers-are-too-bullish-2013-06-17

Interesting read: "Investment and risk are tied at the gut" :):spliff:

Allthepies
17-06-13, 22:23
Don't meant to start a fight as its very tiring.
But this statement has been repeated and asked so many times and is a typical example of associating and comparing CBD and JLD again.
Thus, JLD supporter cannot blame those who tends to compare prime area with JLD.

Just trying to say CBD already pricing >2200psf for new launch 500sqft 1 bedder, and 3000psf for Bay Area and orchard. I'm never comparing JLD with city.

Regulator say at 1600psf, he rather buy city. But to get 1600psf city, the unit will be dammed big.... How to find city 500sqft at 1600psf? Not saying JLD is city standard but more on his statement that 1600psf, 800K can buy CBD condo within 200m mrt...

Paisei my England not very powerful...

Also very tired to explain all these again and again :doh:

Allthepies
17-06-13, 22:27
He is basically implying JLD is as good as CBD and if u can get a CBD unit around 500sqft and is within 200m near mrt at 1600psf, he will buy. Else non JLD supporters can just shut up and don't keep complaining JLD is expensive.

I hope I interpret correctly :D

See my post above...

Xan
17-06-13, 22:27
Just trying to say CBD already pricing >2200psf for new launch 500sqft 1 bedder, and 3000psf for Bay Area and orchard. I'm never comparing JLD with city.

Regulator say at 1600psf, he rather buy city. But to get 1600psf city, the unit will be dammed big....

Paisei my England not very powerful...

If this is the case, maybe your comparison should be RCR e.g Sennett which is a better fit. Else very misleading.

Apologies if I misinterpret your statement.

ulrich76
17-06-13, 22:28

Cosmo at guillemard crescent. Not in CBD but near enough. 600+k for 420sqft. Freehold

Allthepies
17-06-13, 22:29
Cosmo at guillemard crescent. Not in CBD but near enough. 600+k for 420sqft. Freehold

Must be in CBD la.. Or else rental not confirmed :cheers1: guillemard in district 14/15 right? Suburb too right?

Xan
17-06-13, 22:33

But not within 200m near mrt right? He wants very near mrt.

Allthepies
17-06-13, 22:36
If this is the case, maybe your comparison should be RCR e.g Sennett which is a better fit. Else very misleading.

Apologies if I misinterpret your statement.

No worries as long as misunderstanding is cleared up :cheers1:

kane
17-06-13, 22:42
fair point.

how about comparing southbank / citylights as compared to this, which would you pick?

Xan
17-06-13, 22:59
fair point.

how about comparing southbank / citylights as compared to this, which would you pick?

Citylights would be my preferred choice of living environment.
However, the 1 bedder 560sqft has not shown much price appreciation since 2011 till 2013.
This means its capital gain potential is already at its max?

CondoWE
17-06-13, 23:13
Hi....my budget is limited to 1.5 mil SGD.

If your budget is 1.5mil mean you need pay out 50% and loan 50% under current cm (2nd loan) leh. 750k upfront can you afford?

Regulators
17-06-13, 23:25
D9 mackenzie 88, less than 200m from MRT, freehold, walking distance to plenty of malls, walking distance to orchard and dhoby ghaut, two mrt stops to cbd lots more...selling only 1617psf neg for 538sqft...this area and j gateway share their similarities so i recommend to you, both are bangla paradises...cheaper and better location than j gateway go and buy lah, $870k neg only!!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14636865/for-sale-mackenzie-88

surprised u can't do a simple search in ptyguru on your own...tsk tsk

Regulators
17-06-13, 23:30
667sqft de leedon selling only 1496psf, much better location than j gateway, go buy, go buy...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14661326/for-sale-d-leedon-former-farrer-court-

Ringo33
17-06-13, 23:42
D9 mackenzie 88, less than 200m from MRT, freehold, walking distance to plenty of malls, walking distance to orchard and dhoby ghaut, two mrt stops to cbd lots more...selling only 1617psf neg for 538sqft...this area and j gateway share their similarities so i recommend to you, both are bangla paradises...cheaper and better location than j gateway go and buy lah, $870k neg only!!

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14636865/for-sale-mackenzie-88

surprised u can't do a simple search in ptyguru on your own...tsk tsk

Rental for 1 bedder is similar to caspian. 2.9k, Might as well buy caspian, lower psf, cheaper maintainece fee and more facilities.

Ringo33
17-06-13, 23:45
667sqft de leedon selling only 1496psf, much better location than j gateway, go buy, go buy...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14661326/for-sale-d-leedon-former-farrer-court-

Call agent to verify such listing before posting.

Regulators
17-06-13, 23:47
try offering $2900 to a one bedr owner and see if they will rent to you....moreover you are buying a piece of freehold property near town and mrt, to me it is a no brainer what to buy, can keep long term with price preserved, just a matter of time the rental shoots up to be same as their cousins on the hill in mt sophia and emily hill....don't say i never give hints...if people have no issue accepting bangla jurong, they will have no problems accepting bangla mackenzie

Rental for 1 bedder is similar to caspian. 2.9k, Might as well buy caspian, lower psf, cheaper and more facilities.

teddybear
17-06-13, 23:48
I believe JLD condo unit worth $1600 psf! Jurong East condos were once only $500 psf when CCR sold at $1500 psf! What this mean is that CCR condos are seriously undervalued, especially those around Orchard Road after recent years of rejuvenation (just like JLD having a rejuvenation)! :beats-me-man:
So for similar attributes condo units, if JLD can sell at $1600 psf, the one around Orchard Road should be worth $4800 psf! :eek:

Ringo33
17-06-13, 23:55
try offering $2900 to a one bedr owner and see if they will rent to you....moreover you are buying a piece of freehold property near town and mrt, to me it is a no brainer what to buy, can keep long term with price preserved, just a matter of time the rental shoots up to be same as their cousins on the hill in mt sophia and emily hill....don't say i never give hints...if people have no issue accepting bangla jurong, they will have no problems accepting bangla mackenzie

The most recent rental transaction Is 2700 and 2800. 2900 is already generous. If you want to consider tat area buy up the hill, it's better and further from little india. More expensive yes, but rental is much higher.

Regulators
17-06-13, 23:56
if you dare take my advice for my recommendation, you will sure make money. I told people to buy RH back in 2010, nobody listened to me. my realised profit from rental and unrealised profit in paper gain bank valuation is $400k plus in two short years is higher than what caspian owners are earning year on year. i am only illustrating my west investment since we are talking about the west, my investments in the CCR and RCR are another matter.

Rental for 1 bedder is similar to caspian. 2.9k, Might as well buy caspian, lower psf, cheaper maintainece fee and more facilities.

Ringo33
17-06-13, 23:58
I believe JLD condo unit worth $1600 psf! Jurong East condos were once only $500 psf when CCR sold at $1500 psf! What this mean is that CCR condos are seriously undervalued, especially those around Orchard Road after recent years of rejuvenation (just like JLD having a rejuvenation)! :beats-me-man:
So for similar attributes condo units, if JLD can sell at $1600 psf, the one around Orchard Road should be worth $4800 psf! :eek:

Scotts Square is around 3500psf to 4500psf

Ringo33
18-06-13, 00:04
if you dare take my advice for my recommendation, you will sure make money. I told people to buy RH back in 2010, nobody listened to me. my realised profit from rental and unrealised profit in paper gain bank valuation is $400k plus in two short years is higher than what caspian owners are earning year on year.

Over the 3 to 4 years i would say all OCR property make money and your 400k is nothing to extra ordinary. Plus if it is not sold it is really not worth talking about. So please spare us with your RH.

teddybear
18-06-13, 00:05
Scotts Square units mostly are bigger than JLD recent launches...

Scotts Square is around 3500psf to 4500psf

Regulators
18-06-13, 00:08
lol...yah you are right, $400k+ gain in 2 years is peanuts (not 3-4 years), that is why i am not monetising it yet coz i really don't need that money :)
Over the 3 to 4 years i would say all OCR property make money and your 400k is nothing to extra ordinary. Plus if it is not sold it is really not worth talking about. So please spare us with your RH.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 00:17
Scotts Square units mostly are bigger than JLD recent launches...

1 bedder around 640sqft. Layout pretty similar, but finishing it top notch for sure.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 00:18
lol...yah you are right, $400k+ gain in 2 years is peanuts (not 3-4 years), that is why i am not monetising it yet coz i really don't need that money :)

Seller always have high hope about the valuation of their property and only to get disappointed when they put their property in the market.

So please dont count the eggs before its hatch.

Regulators
18-06-13, 00:21
I am basing my profit assessment on what the 2 bedders are asking, mine is a 3 bedder :)

Seller always have high hope about the valuation of their property and only to get disappointed when they put their property in the market.

So please dont count the eggs before its hatch.

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 00:28
I am basing my profit assessment on what the 2 bedders are asking, mine is a 3 bedder :)

Yowetan says crash is imminent. You should sell RH today.

Wind30 also say you are mad for not selling to take profit. To be a property tycoon, you should sell to unlock profit and then buy 3 units when prices bottom.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 00:30

you can fantasize on that for as much as you want. At the end of the day, a profit is only profit when its money in you bank account.

Regulators
18-06-13, 00:37
I am collecting $3500 pocket money monthly, sell for what? In 2010 i already spelt out my investment objective to collect rental income. Yes , it is tempting to just take profit , but will milk more rental from it first before letting go.
Yowetan says crash is imminent. You should sell RH today.

Wind30 also say you are mad for not selling to take profit. To be a property tycoon, you should sell to unlock profit and then buy 3 units when prices bottom.

Regulators
18-06-13, 00:44
Going back to j gateway , I would advise buyers to be careful in going in at these prices coz there are signs of an interest hike in the next few years. Over supply situation in 2014/5 n slowing down of influx of foreigners may worsen the plight of those who buy at high. If you don't believe me , just take that plunge n buy a unit then come back to this thread n talk again few years later to share your sorrows

Regulators
18-06-13, 02:42
SINGAPORE : National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan has urged those who might be looking to buy property to take into account future spikes in interest rates.Speaking during a dialogue with young Singaporeans, he also cautioned buyers not to over-commit.He explained that the current low interest rates for home loans will not last forever, and the eventual rate may be many percentage points higher than it is today.Some 150 youths from Sembawang spent Saturday afternoon discussing their hopes and aspirations for Singapore with their MP Mr Khaw.They also engaged the Minister in an hour-long dialogue, as part of the Our Singapore Conversation.Even though housing may not be an immediate concern for them, the issue did not escape attention.Mr Khaw assured the youths that housing will be made available and kept affordable.He also offered advice for property buyers.Mr Khaw said: "They assume two things. Property prices will keep going (up). Two, interest rates will keep on remaining low. Both are wrong and therefore one day, both will collapse on them. So, if you are over-committed, let's say you can only afford a 3-room flat, (but) you decide to buy five room flat. Yes, based on today's interest rates you can afford a five-room flat. But, when interest rates go up as it will, you will no longer be able to afford a five-room flat and what will happen, your bank will start calling you up to please top up or sell your flat and that's when trouble starts."In addition, Mr Khaw said the high property prices will not last in the long run.At the same time, he acknowledged he cannot be certain when and how much prices will come down.*He added: "Only when you can get enough buyers who can afford, will prices stay up, if not they will come down. Today because of low interest rates, this bubble is being pushed up and sustained longer than it should have. So, it will collapse in a matter of time and therefore do not think that prices will keep on going up."Mr Khaw also stressed the importance of re-igniting the kampong spirit in public housing estates, and hinted at what the design of HDB flats will be in the future.He said more common spaces, or so-called "watering holes" will be created for residents to meet naturally.He said: "We are emphasising this point on how to create more and more common spaces, where people meet, what we call watering holes. We must try and create more and more watering holes to allow people to just naturally interact. I think it's a very bad HDB layout design if you just go straight from work, reach Sembawang, go straight up to apartment or flat, and then leave your apartment, go straight out to the bus stop and off you go. A good design will naturally create things for you (so that) to reach from A to B you must go through places which are natural watering holes that people naturally meet together."These watering holes can be spaces where residents do gardening, or engage in sports activities.- CNA/ch

NO_7
18-06-13, 07:37
Price have reach up to a dangerous level for middle income, to the rich buyers1600psf may means peanut, just a diff ball game.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 10:23
I overheard on the radio that Mohd Ismail is saying Jurong will be the future Bishan. What does he mean by that?

august
18-06-13, 10:26
I overheard on the radio that Mohd Ismail is saying Jurong will be the future Bishan. What does he mean by that?
means buyers will be caught and stuck like last time bishan buyers, lol.

Autumnwinds
18-06-13, 10:40
SINGAPORE : National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan has urged those who might be looking to buy property to take into account future spikes in interest rates.Speaking during a dialogue with young Singaporeans, he also cautioned buyers not to over-commit.He explained that the current low interest rates for home loans will not last forever, and the eventual rate may be many percentage points higher than it is today.Some 150 youths from Sembawang spent Saturday afternoon discussing their hopes and aspirations for Singapore with their MP Mr Khaw.They also engaged the Minister in an hour-long dialogue, as part of the Our Singapore Conversation.Even though housing may not be an immediate concern for them, the issue did not escape attention.Mr Khaw assured the youths that housing will be made available and kept affordable.He also offered advice for property buyers.Mr Khaw said: "They assume two things. Property prices will keep going (up). Two, interest rates will keep on remaining low. Both are wrong and therefore one day, both will collapse on them. So, if you are over-committed, let's say you can only afford a 3-room flat, (but) you decide to buy five room flat. Yes, based on today's interest rates you can afford a five-room flat. But, when interest rates go up as it will, you will no longer be able to afford a five-room flat and what will happen, your bank will start calling you up to please top up or sell your flat and that's when trouble starts."In addition, Mr Khaw said the high property prices will not last in the long run.At the same time, he acknowledged he cannot be certain when and how much prices will come down.*He added: "Only when you can get enough buyers who can afford, will prices stay up, if not they will come down. Today because of low interest rates, this bubble is being pushed up and sustained longer than it should have. So, it will collapse in a matter of time and therefore do not think that prices will keep on going up."Mr Khaw also stressed the importance of re-igniting the kampong spirit in public housing estates, and hinted at what the design of HDB flats will be in the future.He said more common spaces, or so-called "watering holes" will be created for residents to meet naturally.He said: "We are emphasising this point on how to create more and more common spaces, where people meet, what we call watering holes. We must try and create more and more watering holes to allow people to just naturally interact. I think it's a very bad HDB layout design if you just go straight from work, reach Sembawang, go straight up to apartment or flat, and then leave your apartment, go straight out to the bus stop and off you go. A good design will naturally create things for you (so that) to reach from A to B you must go through places which are natural watering holes that people naturally meet together."These watering holes can be spaces where residents do gardening, or engage in sports activities.- CNA/ch

So says the same guy that my degree is useless. "Degree cannot eat what"

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 10:52

Bro, please para your message. I read half way and already groggy.

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 10:56
The same agency said that prices will not continue upwards on the long run 5 years back. They were wrong because prices ran up like nobody's business.

Today the agency say the same thing.

Will you cheong or will you chicken out? At $1,600psf... i will chicken out.

Maybe i am influenced by Yowetan. He claimed crash is imminent. Sell your house, sell your car, sell your souls, sell your Regent Heights (just kidding).

lionhill
18-06-13, 11:35
Actually, i noticed most of the rich people in this forum has already bought enough and a small group, including me, cannot afford anymore.

there are still another group who is holding a lot of cash and cannot decide what to do. so, no need to talk a project up or down to influcence this group of people. allow them to keep calm and make their own decision.

The prices of PC in the Eastern side have already increased a lot. There is no need to feel unbalanced to see the Western side to catch up, too.

leesg123
18-06-13, 11:45
Actually, i noticed most of the rich people in this forum has already bought enough and a small group, including me, cannot afford anymore.

there are still another group who is holding a lot of cash and cannot decide what to do. so, no need to talk a project up or down to influcence this group of people. allow them to keep calm and make their own decision.

The prices of PC in the Eastern side have already increased a lot. There is no need to feel unbalanced to see the Western side to catch up, too.
yup, agree. tat is why I am happy for JLD condo! its lkke musical chair, first is Ccr then rcr then ocr cheong. then now east side already cheong, now is west side cheong. end of the day everyone huat!

Autumnwinds
18-06-13, 11:54

Very agreed.

If you talk down a project so much, it only shows what kind of personality you have. If you have the means to buy river valley, dont compare it with JLD. It's what whoever chooses to do with their money.

I'm sure there are many people who have been living in the west all their lives, will not feel like moving somewhere else. So to everyone who is bashing this project, i urge you to stop. You can share your views saying its expensive etc, but dont blatantly play down the area. I'm sure there are many people who will be very content with owning a unit in J gateway.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 11:56

If you have the bullet, this one is a no brainer. J gateway is a very unique lifestyle product that is smack right in the heart of the Jurong gateway. And it connect you to 5 big malls (IMM, JEM, Westgate, Big Box and Jcube) all within 10 mins walking distant. If you wish to chillout, just talk a short walk across to Jurong Country Club, or have a stroll along the lakeside district which eventually will have plenty of al fesco bars and restaurant.

All that complain about MRT track noise are just distraction because if people are willing to pay >$2000psf to live next to expressway which run 24/7, I am sure residents will have not problem living next to MRT track.

The rental at Caspian is already a good indicator of the potental rental return for this project and because supply of Shoebox apartment is still relatively rare in the west and with the new URA regulation of min average size, there will be limited supply of shoebox apartment in that area.

Just look around, even in CCR, where can you find a project that has this sort of unique attributes? Malls, Hospital, Commercial Offices, Golf Courses, Hotels, panoramic unblock view, lakeside amenities, garden, future attraction and massive integrated transportation hub (ALL within 5 to 10 mins walking distant).

The nay saying can say as much as they want, but at the end of the day, when this project TOP, they are the one who will be wagging their tongue is disbelieve and frustration.

oops
18-06-13, 12:16
Price is fair if you can see the no brainer upside more from DEC onwards when WESTGATE open.

hyenergix
18-06-13, 12:28
If you have the bullet, this one is a no brainer. J gateway is a very unique lifestyle product that is smack right in the heart of the Jurong gateway. And it connect you to 5 big malls (IMM, JEM, Westgate, Big Box and Jcube) all within 10 mins walking distant. If you wish to chillout, just talk a short walk across to Jurong Country Club, or have a stroll along the lakeside district which eventually will have plenty of al fesco bars and restaurant.

All that complain about MRT track noise are just distraction because if people are willing to pay >$2000psf to live next to expressway which run 24/7, I am sure residents will have not problem living next to MRT track.

The rental at Caspian is already a good indicator of the potental rental return for this project and because supply of Shoebox apartment is still relatively rare in the west and with the new URA regulation of min average size, there will be limited supply of shoebox apartment in that area.

Just look around, even in CCR, where can you find a project that has this sort of unique attributes? Malls, Hospital, Commercial Offices, Golf Courses, Hotels, panoramic unblock view, lakeside amenities, garden, future attraction and massive integrated transportation hub (ALL within 5 to 10 mins walking distant).

The nay saying can say as much as they want, but at the end of the day, when this project TOP, they are the one who will be wagging their tongue is disbelieve and frustration.

I wonder if you have submitted multiple cheques there or just trying to hype up the condo prices, then sell yours off nearby to buy a landed? I suspect you haven't because most buyers would prefer to have less competition and lower prices. Please confirm ;)

Autumnwinds
18-06-13, 12:33
Since there are so many people playing up/down, can someone with the actual sales figures please confirm this?? :D

hyenergix
18-06-13, 12:40
Since there are so many people playing up/down, can someone with the actual sales figures please confirm this?? :D

There are not that many units to begin with for such a big district that does not have a condo launch for the past few years. The probability of being sold out in 1-2 months is quite high, if the indicative psf are maintained at the launch.

Regulators
18-06-13, 12:42
Nobody is saying the project has no positive attributes , just that the project is not being sold at a price befitting of jurong however near malls or mrt station. You are using caspian as a yardstick for rental which is a poor one coz new condos generally fetch better rental at the initial couple of years n fizzle out later. If you are encouraging ppl to buy a track facing unit at $1600psf just to be near some malls n a stupid mrt station , u must be bonkers coz lifestyle in the unit is more important than what the surrounding offer. This yardstick can be applied to all condos around the island , ie never get a unit facing the track for own stay. .

NO_7
18-06-13, 13:08
OCR project - (% Sold)
Midtown 48% 300m to MRT
Hillion 41% 200m to MRT DT1
Urban Vista 75%
Newest 50% 800m to MRT cross AYE
Trilinq only 15% sold (1244psf in May) 500m to MRT
All cross 1300psf mark on average psf sold in May, distance r measure in striaght line.

smartboy2
18-06-13, 13:18
To put it simply,

If you have extra, invest. No point talking down on any project in SINGAPORE because every project in SINGAPORE can sell in TIME. Its just about getting the RIGHT consumers/buyers.

The consumer decides and if they desire enough they will buy the place.

If you don't have money, just SLOWLY wait for it to crash or "price correction".

:D

Autumnwinds
18-06-13, 13:33
There are not that many units to begin with for such a big district that does not have a condo launch for the past few years. The probability of being sold out in 1-2 months is quite high, if the indicative psf are maintained at the launch.

I think if it's really sold out in 1-2months, get ready for the next wave of CM:D

Regulators
18-06-13, 13:41
You use the word invest so forumers are discussing the investment aspect of this development. To those vested , negative points raised always means talking down , only positive points welcomed. To majority of property owners, jurong selling at $1600psf is actually good news as it will send pty pxs islandwide rocketing up. If buyers are irrational n continue being so, it will invite more cooling measures which is what many r trying to avoid. Those buying into j gateway at whatever px developer throw at them has larger consequences in the pty mkt than just simply buying a project. Look at the big picture...

To put it simply,

If you have extra, invest. No point talking down on any project in SINGAPORE because every project in SINGAPORE can sell in TIME. Its just about getting the RIGHT consumers/buyers.

The consumer decides and if they desire enough they will buy the place.

If you don't have money, just SLOWLY wait for it to crash or "price correction".

:D

lionhill
18-06-13, 13:50
You use the word invest so forumers are discussing the investment aspect of this development. To those vested , negative points raised always means talking down , only positive points welcomed. To majority of property owners, jurong selling at $1600psf is actually good news as it will send pty pxs islandwide rocketing up. If buyers are irrational n continue being so, it will invite more cooling measures which is what many r trying to avoid. Those buying into j gateway at whatever px developer throw at them has larger consequences in the pty mkt than just simply buying a project. Look at the big picture...
several weeks ago, I told a friend who is searching for PCs that J-gateway might be sold at $1600 psf. Her response was that "that is not expensive".
Her expression gave an impression that she had expected a higher price.

Of source, in the end she may not buy as just like me, as she does not like the MRT track either. This is a group who will not buy even if it is sold cheaper.

Regulators
18-06-13, 13:57
I stand by the view that any pty can be bought for investment if the px is right. If buying to house your family , one has to be very selective , track facing units is definitely a no no. Unless the buyer likes looking at trains , I seriously dont see any motivation in wanting to live by the track.

several weeks ago, I told a friend who is searching for PCs that J-gateway might be sold at $1600 psf. Her response was that "that is not expensive".
Her expression gave an impression that she had expected a higher price.

Of source, in the end she may not buy as just like me, as she does not like the MRT track either. This is a group who will not buy even if it is sold cheaper.

Ilikeu
18-06-13, 14:02
People saying Watertown can sell $1600psf, of course J gateway no problem.

p3nboy
18-06-13, 14:04
I stand by the view that any pty can be bought for investment if the px is right. If buying to house your family , one has to be very selective , track facing units is definitely a no no. Unless the buyer likes looking at trains , I seriously dont see any motivation in wanting to live by the track.

LIKE LIKE LIKE

riverfish
18-06-13, 14:06
From the perspective of someone without a car, I find it a major drawback if I have to live somewhere where I need to go to bus stop to wait for the bus every morning, especially when I am in a rush and don't feel like spending $$$ on a cab. I think for an expat without a car, they have the same consideration too.

I have looked at properties in Katong East Coast area - very nice classy condos there, excellent environment, seaview etc. I like a lot. But I NEVER go there alone by myself cos I don't have a car, the only times I ever go there is when someone with a car happens to be going there also. So I probably won't want to live in Katong, even in a posh classy condo, if it means I have to go bus stop every day.

For pple used to travelling by car, they don't understand how important it is to be near MRT station for no car pple like us. Of course, ideally the MRT should be underground, not above ground. MRT tracks very noisy.

oops
18-06-13, 14:06
Risk of more property curbs sinking as home sales stabilize

Primary sales expected to further slow down.According to OCBC Investment Research, primary sales for FY13 will decline to around 16k - 18k compared to the 22k posted last year, which should discourage the government rolling out additional property curbs.Headline total of 1,912 units sold - up 2.4% MoM. URA reported that a headline total of 1,912 new private homes (including 457 EC units) were sold in May 13, which was up 2.4% MoM and down 7.0% YoY.*Here's more from OCBC:Excluding EC and landed-units, 1,442 units were sold in the month - up 6.3% MoM and down 13.5% YoY with a stake-up rate of 96.8% (versus 120.0% in Apr 13). As a result, the inventory of launched and unsold units (excl. EC/landed) in the market increased by 1.7% MoM to 5,295 units.Uptick in mid-tier segment sales. The majority of sales continues to fall in the mass-market segment (Outside Central Region or "OCR") with 718 units sold, forming 49.8% of total sales and is flat MoM. A key driver of OCR sales was the launch of Stratum (380 total units, Elias Rd) which sold 269 units at a median price of S$925 psf. Inthe mid-tier (Rest of Central Region or "RCR") space, there was a significant 28.1% MoM uptick to 601 units sold, driven mostly by a 172.2% MoM increase in units launched. Key launches include Corals at Keppel Bay (366 total units, Keppel Bay Drive) 132 units sold at S$2,150 psf, and KAP Residences (142 total units, King Albert Park) 105 units sold at S$1,839 psf.Diminished regulatory risks from stabilizing sales. We see FY13 primary sales slowing down to a rate of 16k-18k versus 22k units in FY12, pointing at a less frothy albeit still healthy environment. In view of this, the risks of incremental property curbs going forward appear more diminished.

Regulators
18-06-13, 14:21
My advise to you is to still buy a property away from the mrt track at 500 or mre psf cheaper than j gateway n use that savings to buy a car with excess left

From the perspective of someone without a car, I find it a major drawback if I have to live somewhere where I need to go to bus stop to wait for the bus every morning, especially when I am in a rush and don't feel like spending $$$ on a cab. I think for an expat without a car, they have the same consideration too.

I have looked at properties in Katong East Coast area - very nice classy condos there, excellent environment, seaview etc. I like a lot. But I NEVER go there alone by myself cos I don't have a car, the only times I ever go there is when someone with a car happens to be going there also. So I probably won't want to live in Katong, even in a posh classy condo, if it means I have to go bus stop every day.

For pple used to travelling by car, they don't understand how important it is to be near MRT station for no car pple like us. Of course, ideally the MRT should be underground, not above ground. MRT tracks very noisy.

lionhill
18-06-13, 14:26
OCR project - (% Sold)
Midtown 48% 300m to MRT
Hillion 41% 200m to MRT DT1
Urban Vista 75%
Newest 50% 800m to MRT cross AYE
Trilinq only 15% sold (1244psf in May) 500m to MRT
All cross 1300psf mark on average psf sold in May, distance r measure in striaght line.

So, what conclusion would you like to draw?

First, are all MRT stations equal in terms of convenience and popularity?

I am vested in Trilinq, therefore understand more on this project. First, it has launched only 200 of the whole 700+ units. I think you'd better understand why the developer launches 200 only first before give a the number 15%. Second, 1244psf must be for a 4-bedder with loft.
The sale of loft units in Trilinq is the worst (it is a design failure in my opinion), not much to do with the distance to MRT track. As a matter of fact, I was surprised that the developer has sold out a big portion of the launched 97sqm MRT facing units at a price over $1450 psf.

oops
18-06-13, 14:28
Coming Dec onwards price will surely appreciate further with WESTGATE opening and many more..Guess that is the obvious reason to buy now.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 14:35
Nobody is saying the project has no positive attributes , just that the project is not being sold at a price befitting of jurong however near malls or mrt station. You are using caspian as a yardstick for rental which is a poor one coz new condos generally fetch better rental at the initial couple of years n fizzle out later. If you are encouraging ppl to buy a track facing unit at $1600psf just to be near some malls n a stupid mrt station , u must be bonkers coz lifestyle in the unit is more important than what the surrounding offer. This yardstick can be applied to all condos around the island , ie never get a unit facing the track for own stay. .
1) Caspian is the one and only TOP project in Jurong area that offer MM 1 bedder apartment so can you be kind enough to tell me why is it not a good yardstick for comparison?

2) The 2 most expensive TOP project in Jurong is The Centris and Lakeshore, both already TOPed for several years and prices are in the region of 1200+psf and they are located right next to MRT. Why so?

3) For the Centris, rental at the moment is around $4.2 to 4.5K for a 2 bedder apartment, highest for any condo in Jurong, and the condo is also closest to the MRT track and already been top very many years. Whats your explanation to that?

Ringo33
18-06-13, 14:36
Coming Dec onwards price will surely appreciate further with WESTGATE opening and many more..Guess that is the obvious reason to buy now.
MRT no MRT, the showflat will be pack everyday from now till 28th June.

come 29th June, just watch out for the headlines news on Straits Times.

riverfish
18-06-13, 14:37
My advise to you is to still buy a property away from the mrt track at 500 or mre psf cheaper than j gateway n use that savings to buy a car with excess left

But I am a damn lousy driver lah, how!? :D

Ringo33
18-06-13, 14:40

Are you qualified to be giving advise in the first place? I think MRT track is anytime better than living next to a big Buddhist temple in CCR where it only generate 2.8% capital appreciation per year over the last 5 to 6 years.

Regulators
18-06-13, 14:50
If you are buying j gateway at the launch prices of these condos u mentioned, I would say go ahead. You are looking at a very different price list now, 2-3 times the launch prices of these condos u mentioned so I would rather err on the side of caution than to try n catch the crest. The rental for centris n the other condos u mentioned are at the pinnacle n if you know the rental mkt in that area, demographics of tenants are changing n tenants willing to pay high rental is on the decline. Banglas n prc dominate the rental market in jurong now, not your ang moh high class tenant who would prefer to rent bt timah, which is not far frm jurong. However straight I may sound , I m not in the forum to send forumers to their pits.

1) Caspian is the one and only TOP project in Jurong area that offer MM 1 bedder apartment so can you be kind enough to tell me why is it not a good yardstick for comparison?

2) The 2 most expensive TOP project in Jurong is The Centris and Lakeshore, both already TOPed for several years and prices are in the region of 1200+psf and they are located right next to MRT. Why so?

3) For the Centris, rental at the moment is around $4.2 to 4.5K for a 2 bedder apartment, highest for any condo in Jurong, and the condo is also closest to the MRT track and already been top very many years. Whats your explanation to that?

Regulators
18-06-13, 15:02
Those who bought waterford at launch are not getting 2.8% rental yield n most who buy ccr r already years ahead of the game u r playing now. Between Waterford n j gateway, i would still go for waterford as there is prestige living in river valley n no prestige living in jurong. If you question prestige over practicality , i would suggest you let your wife carry a plastic bag around n not buy a prada or gucci or lv :doh:
Are you qualified to be giving advise in the first place? I think MRT track is anytime better than living next to a big Buddhist temple in CCR where it only generate 2.8% capital appreciation per year over the last 5 to 6 years.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 15:05
If you are buying j gateway at the launch prices of these condos u mentioned, I would say go ahead. You are looking at a very different price list now, 2-3 times the launch prices of these condos u mentioned so I would rather err on the side of caution than to try n catch the crest. The rental for centris n the other condos u mentioned are at the pinnacle n if you know the rental mkt in that area, demographics of tenants are changing n tenants willing to pay high rental is on the decline. Banglas n prc dominate the rental market in jurong now, not your ang moh high class tenant who would prefer to rent bt timah, which is not far frm jurong. However straight I may sound , I m not in the forum to send forumers to their pits.

1) Do you know what is the launch price of Caspian, Centris and Lakeshore? Do you actually think that price of J Gateway is only worth that much?

2) I am not aware the rental in Jurong has peaked and demographic is changing. Can you share some insight with us about how to derive to that conclusion?

3) Banglas and PRC major tenant in Jurong Condo? Do you have FACTS to prove that or are you just making nonsensical assumption? AFAIK, I have seen a rise on ang moh living in the west, not bangla becaus banglas doesnt live in condos.

4) While you are at it, please try to explain why condo prices and rental near MRT are not affect by the sight or noise of the MRT train.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 15:08
Those who bought waterford at launch are not getting 2.8% rental yield n most who buy ccr r already years ahead of the game u r playing now. Between Waterford n j gateway, i would still go for waterford as there is prestige living in river valley n no prestige living in jurong. If you question prestige over practicality , i would suggest you let your wife carry a plastic bag around n not buy a prada or gucci or lv :doh:

I am just wondering out of some many CCR project, why did you choose Waterford, which is perhaps one of the worst performing new condo in CCR. Definitely many times worst than Jurong condo that is right next to MRT track. The centris for example. The recent unit that was sold, make an annual return of 18% since 2009. That is many many times more than what Waterford seller made over 6 years.

I guess prestige actually come with a cost, not gain?

Regulators
18-06-13, 15:16
I am not saying j gateway should be worth only the launch px of centris etc. For condo prices to increase by $1000psf in an area in a few short years is sounding the slarm signal. If you do not believe the changing demo of tenants in jurong , just call agents to ask them.
1) Do you know what is the launch price of Caspian, Centris and Lakeshore? Do you actually think that price of J Gateway is only worth that much?

2) I am not aware the rental in Jurong has peaked and demographic is changing. Can you share some insight with us about how to derive to that conclusion?

3) Banglas and PRC major tenant in Jurong Condo? Do you have FACTS to prove that or are you just making nonsensical assumption? AFAIK, I have seen a rise on ang moh living in the west, not bangla becaus banglas doesnt live in condos.

4) While you are at it, please try to explain why condo prices and rental near MRT are not affect by the sight or noise of the MRT train.

Regulators
18-06-13, 15:26
I chose waterford coz that is still within affordability range of ocr ppl. In terms or location, lifestyle, condo tenure, any jurong condo wont hold a candleto waterford. Ccr condos typically dont yield better than ocr condo in rental , but that is not why ppl buy ccr condos. Do ppl pay $20k for a hermes to show that it is a better carrying bag than Kate spade? When you talk to others, what would be the difference in reaction if you tell others you live in river valley as opposed to jurong. Ppl who live in river valley, tanglin, nassim don't really give a shit about mrt in front of their condo if u get my point.
I am just wondering out of some many CCR project, why did you choose Waterford, which is perhaps one of the worst performing new condo in CCR. Definitely many times worst than Jurong condo that is right next to MRT track. The centris for example. The recent unit that was sold, make an annual return of 18% since 2009. That is many many times more than what Waterford seller made over 6 years.

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 15:33
Newsflash...
My bangla and Indian friends are filthy rich. They like convenience and they spend like no tmr.

Ok, back to your debates. :D

Ringo33
18-06-13, 15:48
I am not saying j gateway should be worth only the launch px of centris etc. For condo prices to increase by $1000psf in an area in a few short years is sounding the slarm signal. If you do not believe the changing demo of tenants in jurong , just call agents to ask them.

$1000psf in few short years? How short? what basis are you comparing?
3 bedders old development vs 1 bedder MM in new developing like J Gateway? Is this unique to Jurong only?

You said the rental has peaked and demography in Jurong is changing. So please tell us more instead of asking me to call AGENT. Double AGENT 007?

We need FACTS please

Regulators
18-06-13, 15:51
moreover waterford is minutes walk to orchard rd which is the world's number one shopping street, not JLD. Tired of shopping can walk the other direction a few minutes away to Robertson quay to enjoy the singapore river. In terms of location, i am very surprised there are people saying waterford's location is inferior to j gateway. even mackenzie 88 i cited is in a better location than j gateway

taeyeon
18-06-13, 15:52
WOW??!!

S$ 2,396,440 (Guide Price)
S$ 1,810.00 psf (built-up)
1,324 sqft / 123 sqm (built-up)

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14672319/for-sale-j-gateway

Regulators
18-06-13, 15:57
Caspian was launched at $5xxpsf in 2009 and j gateway selling at $1600psf in 2013, is that short enough for you?

For the change in rental demography, who better to ask than an agent specialising in rental for jurong. So you are telling me before you book a unit in j gateway, the only agents you listen to are those at the showflat? lol...no wonder you have so many questions at this point...

$1000psf in few short years? How short? what basis are you comparing?
3 bedders old development vs 1 bedder MM in new developing like J Gateway? Is this unique to Jurong only?

You said the rental has peaked and demography in Jurong is changing. So please tell us more instead of asking me to call AGENT. Double AGENT 007?

We need FACTS please

Ringo33
18-06-13, 16:03
I chose waterford coz that is still within affordability range of ocr ppl. In terms or location, lifestyle, condo tenure, any jurong condo wont hold a candleto waterford. Ccr condos typically dont yield better than ocr condo in rental , but that is not why ppl buy ccr condos. Do ppl pay $20k for a hermes to show that it is a better carrying bag than Kate spade? When you talk to others, what would be the difference in reaction if you tell others you live in river valley as opposed to jurong. Ppl who live in river valley, tanglin, nassim don't really give a shit about mrt in front of their condo if u get my point.

you choose Waterford purely because you needed something to back up your nonsensical claim that at $1600psf, you might as well buy something in CCR instead of J Gateway.

However what you didnt say is that you are comparing psf price of MM <500sqft apartment in J gateway to a CCR apartment that is >1000sqft in Singapore, right next to Buddhist temple, and the closest MRT station is around 800m to 1km away.

Now you are dragging Nassim Tanglin into the picture.???

Regulators
18-06-13, 16:11
i suggest you check what your beloved j gateway is selling first before you comment. A 9xx sqft unit at J gateway is selling for close to $1.6 million (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14581198/for-sale-j-gateway) when a 1087 sqft unit at waterford is going for only $1.75 million (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12911128/for-sale-waterford-residence). One is freehold CCR in prime location while the other is 99yr in ulu jurong, i think in a place like singapore where prestige and status is important to many, i think you can be the judge which is a better buy.

you choose Waterford purely because you needed something to back up your nonsensical claim that at $1600psf, you might as well buy something in CCR instead of J Gateway.

However what you didnt say is that you are comparing psf price of MM <500sqft apartment in J gateway to a CCR apartment that is >1000sqft in Singapore, right next to Buddhist temple, and the closest MRT station is around 800m to 1km away.

Now you are dragging Nassim Tanglin into the picture.???

Ringo33
18-06-13, 16:12
Caspian was launched at $5xxpsf in 2009 and j gateway selling at $1600psf in 2013, is that short enough for you?

For the change in rental demography, who better to ask than an agent specialising in rental for jurong. So you are telling me before you book a unit in j gateway, the only agents you listen to are those at the showflat? lol...no wonder you have so many questions at this point...

1 bedder in Capian was never price at $5xx psf during launch, so please dont come here and smoke us with all that nonsense, plus Caspian is Lakeside MRT and J Gateway is right in the heart of JLD, what is there to compare.

Nah, you talk so much about giving advice here and there, and now you are saying you dont have concrete information to back up what you said.

who is so dumb to ask such information from property agent anyway?

Regulators
18-06-13, 16:15
at launch who gives a shit about buying one bedder caspian when a two bedder is $5xxk nia.

if you invest in j gateway blindly for rental yield without asking agents on the ground about rental movement in jurong, i think seasoned forumers here would indeed say u r dumb.

1 bedder in Capian was never price at $5xx psf during launch, so please dont come here and smoke us with all that nonsense, plus Caspian is Lakeside MRT and J Gateway is right in the heart of JLD, what is there to compare.

Nah, you talk so much about giving advice here and there, and now you are saying you dont have concrete information to back up what you said.

who is so dumb to ask such information from property agent anyway?

Ringo33
18-06-13, 16:19
i suggest you check what your beloved j gateway is selling first before you comment. A 9xx sqft unit at J gateway is selling for close to $1.6 million (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14581198/for-sale-j-gateway) when a 1087 sqft unit at waterford is going for only $1.75 million (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12911128/for-sale-waterford-residence). One is freehold CCR in prime location while the other is 99yr in ulu jurong, i think in a place like singapore where prestige and status is important to many, i think you can be the judge which is a better buy.

I think its about time for you to realize that propertyguru is not a place where you find transacted price, so please stop using propertyguru as facts for reference.

Prestige or not, prime or not, at the end of the day, the guy who sold his centris in ULU Jurong last month made an average of 18% per year since 2009, while the the guy who sold his waterford last month made a mere 2.8% since 2007. Plus Centris rental yield is so much high than Waterford you quoted.

How do you justify that investing in Waterford is wiser?

Ringo33
18-06-13, 16:21
at launch who gives a shit about buying one bedder caspian when a two bedder is $5xxk nia.

if you invest in j gateway blindly for rental yield without asking agents on the ground about rental movement in jurong, i think seasoned forumers here would indeed say u r dumb.

Why dont just admit that you are comparing apple to orange instead of tell us what no one give a shit about 1 bedder. If no one give a shit, who bought it? The invisible temple monks from Waterford?

oops
18-06-13, 16:24
Big plans ahead for JLD if they are launching at this price. Just like Marina bay when prices appreciate within few years. Not many people believe it then and miss the boat.

Regulators
18-06-13, 16:27
A 9xxsft 3 bedder at j gateway indicative is about $1.6 million. If you think that is a better value buy than waterford, you can plonk ur money in, don't say people never advise u here. If you expect your 9xxsft unit to rent for $5k a month (at a measly 3.75% gross yield), good luck to you in finding your future tenant, that is if you can even achieve $5k a month for that tiny 9xx sqft unit. If you still think j gateway is a good buy after this simple maths, go ahead and get ur fingers burnt.

I think its about time for you to realize that propertyguru is not a place where you find transacted price, so please stop using propertyguru as facts for reference.

Prestige or not, prime or not, at the end of the day, the guy who sold his centris in ULU Jurong last month made an average of 18% per year since 2009, while the the guy who sold his waterford last month made a mere 2.8% since 2007. Plus Centris rental yield is so much high than Waterford you quoted.

How do you justify that investing in Waterford is wiser?

Ringo33
18-06-13, 16:36
A 9xxsft 3 bedder at j gateway indicative is about $1.6 million. If you think that is a better value buy than waterford, you can plonk ur money in, don't say people never advise u here. If you expect your 9xxsft unit to rent for $5k a month (at a measly 3.75% gross yield), good luck to you in finding your future tenant, that is if you can even achieve $5k a month for that tiny 9xx sqft unit. If you still think j gateway is a good buy after this simple maths, go ahead and get ur fingers burnt.

Please mind your own business and stop being so key kiang and kaypoh about what people are buying for investment.

Everything that you said about MRT track, low rental, no demand, demographic change, alarm bell etc etc, are nothing more than just hot air.

If you are smart, you should just keep quiet and study the FACTS with a open mind.

Yes, FACTS is more important than blindly quoting propertyguru.

Btw, were you the one who say that D'Leedon is selling their 1 bedder at 14xx psf? What you waiting for?

taeyeon
18-06-13, 16:38
Big plans ahead for JLD if they are launching at this price. Just like Marina bay when prices appreciate within few years. Not many people believe it then and miss the boat.

ERMMMMM MARINA BAY AND JLD LIKE DEM DIFF LEEDHH LMAO

Regulators
18-06-13, 16:46
How much do you expect to rent out a $1.6 million 9xxsft unit in j gateway f or ? ? Geez....
Please mind your own business and stop being so key kiang and kaypoh about what people are buying for investment.

Everything that you said about MRT track, low rental, no demand, demographic change, alarm bell etc etc, are nothing more than just hot air.

If you are smart, you should just keep quiet and study the FACTS with a open mind.

Yes, FACTS is more important than blindly quoting propertyguru.

Btw, were you the one who say that D'Leedon is selling their 1 bedder at 14xx psf? What you waiting for?

westman
18-06-13, 16:48

Dear bro, my advise for you when dealing with joker...

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

This joker always want to win! Ask Teddybear... he can tell you tons of story about the joker..

Ringo33
18-06-13, 16:49
How much do you expect to rent out a $1.6 million 9xxsft unit in j gateway f or ? ? Geez....

its doesnt really matter because you are not buying it anyway.

Regulators
18-06-13, 17:01
You think everyone like you, talk up a place just because it benefits yo. All these while hiding behind the scenes like a dog n talk up the area to only be revealed u r vested in caspian. I dont stoop to your level to talk ppl into buying projects to their detriment even though it would benefit me. Not everyone is at your level

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

This joker always want to win! Ask Teddybear... he can tell you tons of story about the joker..

Regulators
18-06-13, 17:16
One more thing, i am also not as xiao ren as you to try n sow discord between two people. Tsk tsk

Ilikeu
18-06-13, 17:48
after reading the massive pages of arguments here between ringo33 and regulator. whom i do not know either of them, let's do a vote from the readers of this forum. Would u buy JLD or Waterford at $1600psf?

I start off first.

Waterford for me (for self stay).

Ilikeu
18-06-13, 17:50
Peace. It is just my personal preference.

oops
18-06-13, 17:56
JLD for self stay cum investment due to further capital appreciation and rental.

Ringo33
18-06-13, 18:00
Peace. It is just my personal preference.

1600psf x 1000sqft = 1.6m
1600psf x 500sqft = 800K.

westman
18-06-13, 18:10
9xxsqf=1500
7xxsqf=1600
6xxsqf=1650

Zile
18-06-13, 18:28
Aiyo for me is not about which one better... It is about making $. Don't fall in love with your investment leh :p But if your investment horizon is > 10 years... Anything!Buy buy buy!! I'll will wait this out (MTB maybe ha ha). Don't scare lah miss one catch the other one. No scare no opportunity to make $.

ecimbew
18-06-13, 18:32
Let's compare approx same size (but of course not the same num of bedrooms because it gets smaller as the years go by) and probably layout plus all the pros and cons of the areas.

http://jgate-way.com/wp-content/uploads/4-Bed-Type-D.jpg

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/floorplan/waterford-residence/floorplan-TypeC1.jpg

Ringo33
18-06-13, 18:35
after reading the massive pages of arguments here between ringo33 and regulator. whom i do not know either of them, let's do a vote from the readers of this forum. Would u buy JLD or Waterford at $1600psf?

I start off first.

Waterford for me (for self stay).
I would buy JLD for sure. the reason why Waterford is cheap relative to the surround condo is because of its location. Nobody likes to live directly next to temple because of negative chi where people go there to pray for sick, mad, broke dying and dead, not to mention the congestion and noise of prayer.

Since cost of car ownership is so high, it is a no brainer to be living in a place with easy access to public transport and also to have amenities within walking distant. At JLD, there are plenty, too many to list here. but at Waterford, you will have to talk easily 800m or more to find the nearest MRT station and you are located right at the top of a back alley where no taxi will pass by unless its for drop off.

So please dont kid yourself, and buy for the sake of district. if the place is conducive to stay, then it wont be appreciating at 2.3% per year for the past 6 years.

Zile
18-06-13, 18:40
When the tide comes in all go up, when low tide all go down.

jacelynchia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGZkN_VqyI

A little joke here on why Jip Jip likes Jurong!:p
Lessen the tension on this thread!

Regulators
Errr may i ask how much capital appreciation you expect from a 900+sqft unit bought at $1.6 million at gateway ? For the unit to hit 3.75% rental you would already need to rent out at $5k a month. If the price of the unit goes up to $2 million that is assuming it does , how much then do you think you need to rent that unit to get 3.75% gross yield. We are not even talking about 4 or 5% yield here
JLD for self stay cum investment due to further capital appreciation and rental.

ecimbew
18-06-13, 18:47
WOW??!!

S$ 2,396,440 (Guide Price)
S$ 1,810.00 psf (built-up)
1,324 sqft / 123 sqm (built-up)

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14672319/for-sale-j-gateway

2.3 mil can buy...

Please continue.

NO_7
18-06-13, 19:05
People saying Watertown can sell $1600psf, of course J gateway no problem.
Their tv adv n millon dollar waterway or some call it longkang does boost the sale, and water means $€ŁĄ.

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 19:13
after reading the massive pages of arguments here between ringo33 and regulator. whom i do not know either of them.

The both of them are the same person actually. I didnt say, somebody told me. :D :D

ecimbew
18-06-13, 19:16
2.3 mil can buy...

Please continue.

Corals At Keppel Bay Indicative Pricing.

Attractive Prices!

1 Bedroom from $1.462m onwards

2 Bedroom from $1.778m onwards

3 Bedroom from $2.196m onwards

3 Bedroom Deluxe from $2.367m onwards

ecimbew
18-06-13, 19:22
Mohamed Ismail, CEO of PropNex, said: "Sky Habitat at Bishan... is $1,600 psf (per square foot). Bishan 8, opposite, goes at $1,100. In other words, when you buy a resale unit, you are going to pay lower per square foot... absolute quantum is going to be lower, which means you pay lesser ABSD (additional buyer's stamp duty) to the government."

What does this tell you?

oops
18-06-13, 19:24
Within Keppel Bay 500m no major amenities like malls,office, hospital. Not as intergrated as JLD.

westman
18-06-13, 19:26
9xxsqf=1500
7xxsqf=1600
6xxsqf=1650

mygeemeel
18-06-13, 19:28
9xxsqf=1500
7xxsqf=1600
6xxsqf=1650

This place makes all my pc looked dirt cheap.