PDA

View Full Version : JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

30-09-13, 22:32
Just to also compare with other recent launches (with substantial proportion of units sold):

Bartley Ridge: (Bartley, Circle Line)

INDICATIVE PRICE RANGE / AVERAGE*
$1,024 - $1,564 PSF / $1,280 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 81.3%, PR 11.9%, FOREIGNER 6.7%, COMPANY 0.0%
BUYER PROFILE BY PURCHASER ADDRESS#
HDB 58.7%, PRIVATE 41.3%

D'Nest (Pasir Ris, EW line)

$744 - $1,299 PSF / $976 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 80.1%, PR 15.7%, FOREIGNER 4.0%, COMPANY 0.1%
HDB 63.0%, PRIVATE 37.0%

La Fiesta (Sengkang, NE line)

$975 - $1,440 PSF / $1,163 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 80.5%, PR 14.7%, FOREIGNER 4.8%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 69.1%, PRIVATE 30.9%

Jewel @ Buangkok (Buangkok, NE line)

$990 - $1,411 PSF / $1,192 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 87.1%, PR 9.9%, FOREIGNER 2.9%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 69.6%, PRIVATE 30.4%

Sant Ritz (Potong Pasir, NE line)

$1,126 - $1,655 PSF / $1,469 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 82.5%, PR 6.8%, FOREIGNER 8.7%, COMPANY 1.9%
HDB 38.6%, PRIVATE 61.4%

Q Bay Residences (some distance from Tampines West, DTL3)

$913 - $1,224 PSF / $1,073 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 82.1%, PR 12.4%, FOREIGNER 5.5%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 65.0%, PRIVATE 35.0%

Midtown Residences

$1,106 - $1,643 PSF / $1,434 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 95.8%, PR 4.2%, FOREIGNER 0.0%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 68.1%, PRIVATE 31.9%

Observation:

Buyer Profile
These projects had above 80% of buyers who are Singaporeans. Quite similar to the earlier batch of projects I have listed except for J Gateway. So J Gateway does differ from the rest in terms on the proportion of buyers who are non-Singaporeans.
Other than Sant Ritz, the rest of the projects had a significant proportion (e.g. > 60%) of buyers with HDB addresses. Interestingly, contrast this with the earlier batch of projects that have I listed where the mix between HDB and private addresses is more balanced or skewed towards private addresses. I do realise this fact may not be significant but nevertheless it is an interesting observation to me.

Prices achieved

Based on the prices achieved, D'nest, Bartley Ridge, La Fiesta and Jewel @ Buangkok do appear to be value for money relative to the other projects. Admittedly, this may be a subjective interpretation and it depends on the value that one assigns to each location. If I compare J Gateway to these projects, again it does not appear that J Gateway prices are an anomaly relative to the rest.

hopeful
01-10-13, 09:13
Extracted the following info from squarefoot research for J Gateway:

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 66.7%, PR 0.0%, FOREIGNER 33.3%, COMPANY 0.0%

HDB 53.3%, PRIVATE 46.7%

It is interesting that the proportion of buyers who are foreigners is quite high for a project deemed "lousy" by many in this forum....LOL. Let's not forget they would have to pay 15% ABSD. Also noted about half of the buyers had a private address (not too different from other recent new launches).

of course the proportion of foreign buyers are high.
they dont know the historical valuation of jurong and bishan.
if they had known, they would have bought in bishan instead.
these foreign buyers are suckers once again.

another interpretation is that these foreigners are not burdened by historical baggage, they see and evaluate each area with fresh eyes. this scenario though is very very very unlikely.

chestnut
01-10-13, 09:23

another interpretation is that these foreigners are not burdened by historical baggage, they see and evaluate each area with fresh eyes. this scenario though is very very very unlikely.

Look @ Iskanda and compare with KL....

If you go KL itself....
Look at Monk Kiara vs Bukit Bintang
Look at Puchong vs Ampang, etc...

If you look at Bishan in its earlier days, everyone shun it... Did anyone thot Bishan would have a Mil dollar HDB????

Look at Tanah Merah condos, how much are they going for??? But nobody mentions how ex it is????

Why????

When the sail was launched??? Did people believe in Marina area??? How much money was pumped into it????

When Sentosa was first launched, did people believe in Sentosa??? How much money was pumped in???

When the govt pump money into an area (Infra), do people expect the govt to get back the money????

I am so confused???? You think the govt will pump money into an area for no reason????

The best part is people get so caught up with fumes, toxic pollution, etc... We have the NEA, rite????

There is no stats to prove all this health issue....

The installation was later taken over by Shell company which built Singapore's first oil refinery in 1961. Today, the oil giant Shell, has its largest refinery with a capacity of 400,000 barrels per day, at Bukom.

http://infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_922_2005-01-19.html

52 years on, there should cases now rite????

Ringo33
01-10-13, 09:27

Suckers are actually those who bought Sky Habitat, D Leedon and Interlace at launch, not J Gateway buyer.

As I have said before, when a project is sold out within 1 day, that means there are too many buyers in the market chasing after the limited supply. And this can only benefit the owners of J Gateway when they decided to sell in 3 to 4 years time.

Ringo33
01-10-13, 09:29
A picture tells a thousand words

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4445/j3wx.jpg

hopeful
01-10-13, 10:05
my post was with reference from this:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=434107&postcount=1475

many times, i forget to put /sarc tag.

Wunderkind
01-10-13, 19:19
Just to also compare with other recent launches (with substantial proportion of units sold):

Bartley Ridge: (Bartley, Circle Line)

$1,024 - $1,564 PSF / $1,280 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 81.3%, PR 11.9%, FOREIGNER 6.7%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 58.7%, PRIVATE 41.3%

D'Nest (Pasir Ris, EW line)

$744 - $1,299 PSF / $976 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 80.1%, PR 15.7%, FOREIGNER 4.0%, COMPANY 0.1%
HDB 63.0%, PRIVATE 37.0%

La Fiesta (Sengkang, NE line)

$975 - $1,440 PSF / $1,163 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 80.5%, PR 14.7%, FOREIGNER 4.8%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 69.1%, PRIVATE 30.9%

Jewel @ Buangkok (Buangkok, NE line)

$990 - $1,411 PSF / $1,192 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 87.1%, PR 9.9%, FOREIGNER 2.9%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 69.6%, PRIVATE 30.4%

Sant Ritz (Potong Pasir, NE line)

$1,126 - $1,655 PSF / $1,469 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 82.5%, PR 6.8%, FOREIGNER 8.7%, COMPANY 1.9%
HDB 38.6%, PRIVATE 61.4%

Q Bay Residences (some distance from Tampines West, DTL3)

$913 - $1,224 PSF / $1,073 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 82.1%, PR 12.4%, FOREIGNER 5.5%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 65.0%, PRIVATE 35.0%

Midtown Residences

$1,106 - $1,643 PSF / $1,434 PSF

BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREAN 95.8%, PR 4.2%, FOREIGNER 0.0%, COMPANY 0.0%
HDB 68.1%, PRIVATE 31.9%

Observation:

Buyer Profile
These projects had above 80% of buyers who are Singaporeans. Quite similar to the earlier batch of projects I have listed except for J Gateway. So J Gateway does differ from the rest in terms on the proportion of buyers who are non-Singaporeans.
Other than Sant Ritz, the rest of the projects had a significant proportion (e.g. > 60%) of buyers with HDB addresses. Interestingly, contrast this with the earlier batch of projects that have I listed where the mix between HDB and private addresses is more balanced or skewed towards private addresses. I do realise this fact may not be significant but nevertheless it is an interesting observation to me.

Prices achieved

Based on the prices achieved, D'nest, Bartley Ridge, La Fiesta and Jewel @ Buangkok do appear to be value for money relative to the other projects. Admittedly, this may be a subjective interpretation and it depends on the value that one assigns to each location. If I compare J Gateway to these projects, again it does not appear that J Gateway prices are an anomaly relative to the rest.

Thanks for the information. Interesting to know that despite the hefty ABSD on foreigners purchase of private properties, there is still a significant percent of them who bought JG. This bucks the usual statistics for most OCR properties where the predominant buyers are locals.

Will this change the landscape for JLD?

Will the foreigners bring in more buying from the counterparts into JLD?

The likelihood is high.

Ringo33
01-10-13, 20:20
Thanks for the information. Interesting to know that despite the hefty ABSD on foreigners purchase of private properties, there is still a significant percent of them who bought JG. This bucks the usual statistics for most OCR properties where the predominant buyers are locals.

Will this change the landscape for JLD?

Will the foreigners bring in more buying from the counterparts into JLD?

The likelihood is high.

Foreigners buying activities at J Gateway is a strong validation of the attractiveness and potential of the development. J-Gateway is not an ordinary mass market condo, its a unique and iconic development located right in the heart of 2nd largest high rise business district in Singapore.

Within JLD you have got shopping malls, commercial buildings, hospitals, schools, hotels, country club, integrated transport hub, tourist attractions, gardens, lakes etc, where else in Singapore can you find such a comprehensive and well design district outside central area?

When Jurong Gateway is fully developed in about 10 years time, the entire area will be buzzing with so much activities that people will start to forget they are in jurong.

august
01-10-13, 23:39
edited ......

newbie11
02-10-13, 00:27
Jurong east is already bustling. Shudder to think more will work and live there.

vanan75
05-10-13, 16:41
Anyone has pictures of the construction of J-Gateway? what's happening over there...

vovolversace
05-10-13, 16:55
This is great news. Let wait for Bishan Sky Vue profile. I bet close to 100% Singaporeans, cause only Singaporeans know that Bishan is "superior".

nono.Foreigner don't interested in a hdb estate without any uniqueness.They rather interested in a potential 2nd cbd.

Now and In the future,only JLD,East Coast,Marina Bay,Sentosa,Bukit Timah,Tanglin,Orchard,Holland,RV and Keppel bay which can caught the attention of foreign buyers.What is Bishan to them.To them Bishan is a middle class hdb estate,nothing special compared to other hdb estate,no differents.To them hdb estate is always be a hdb estate.how much superior can be for a hdb estate?Only egoistic people will think Bishan is superior as they cannot afford to live in CCR.They are wannabes,so said Bishan is superior.

Ringo33
07-10-13, 14:12
From LTA Masterplan 2013 This could be good news for J Gateway residents as I think that the office building where MND is located will need it.

reducing noise LeveLs

Singapore is more built-up than ever before and
inevitably, noise pollution in some areas has increased.
Some people living near MRT tracks and busy roads are
experiencing more noise and we are working to reduce
this to improve our environment.

We have completed installing noise barriers at the new
MRT viaduct at Jurong East Station and near Bishan
Station. We are also going to test noise barriers at
Tampines, Jurong East and Toh Guan. We expect that
some 20km of noise barriers may be needed in all to
reduce noise pollution from our train network. We will
also continue to explore other noise mitigation measures.
We are installing the barriers in phases, starting towards
the end of 2013 and completing by 2020.
To tackle road traffic noise, we are conducting a
study together with agencies such as the National
Environment Agency (NEA) on possible mitigation
measures. Those living near the PIE, the West Coast
Highway and in Bishan may see noise barriers being set
up and “hear” the difference. If trials are successful, we
will look into expanding the scheme.
As Singapore continues to grow, more and more people
will live closer to elevated MRT lines and busy roads. We
are working with other agencies such as HDB and URA
to ensure that we manage noise levels satisfactorily

Wunderkind
10-10-13, 00:06
Anyone has pictures of the construction of J-Gateway? what's happening over there...

Dun think you can see anything up yet. The foundation work is in progress.

Patience, my friend.

Strata
15-10-13, 10:38
One of my friend as a property agent told me that the return units are actually around 50% of total units; mostly affect by TDSR.

Ringo33
15-10-13, 10:54
One of my friend as a property agent told me that the return units are actually around 50% of total units; mostly affect by TDSR.

https://www.squarefoot.com.sg/market-watch/returned-units

dudick
15-10-13, 15:05

So your agent is telling you that there are over 300 return units in J Gateway?
Funny, my agent told me that there is still a waiting list for j gateway. My agent is from the developer assigned agent, hutton group. So can you get your agent friend to show us the list of returned units? I think my agent will be very interested

pmet
15-10-13, 16:46
So your agent is telling you that there are over 300 return units in J Gateway?
Funny, my agent told me that there is still a waiting list for j gateway. My agent is from the developer assigned agent, hutton group. So can you get your agent friend to show us the list of returned units? I think my agent will be very interested

May I know which type/unit has a waiting list? Funny my agent from Hutton too told me that the developer is still selling the two units which I had returned (2-bedder).

CondoWE
15-10-13, 18:10
one said 50% return, one said waiting list and one said he returned 2 bedder....who is the right one..:doh:!

Ringo33
15-10-13, 18:11
one said 50% return, one said waiting list and one said he returned 2 bedder....who is the right one..:doh:!

Btw, 50% return is impossible else newspaper, TV, radio will announce liao :tsk-tsk:

Maybe 50% of the return units are due to TDSR. Last I check there was around 17 units return.

pmet
15-10-13, 18:26

I personally don't think 50% is correct or even remotely accurate. But I was only referencing the post above which states there's a waiting list (for all or just MM we don't know). I'm not an agent so don't quote me on that, I'm only posting what I honestly know is true :doh:

BTW, I think this project has great potential. I'm still holding on to my penthouse for own stay and intending to buy another 2 units for investment when the price corrects. One of the reason why I returned the 2 units was indeed TDSR.

ZeeWee
15-10-13, 18:58
allow me to clear all doubts... No units available at all

everytime a unit gets returned, there will be almost a mini balloting at Huttons office

princess_morbucks
15-10-13, 19:05
Yes, Jgateway condo is SOLD OUT!
This is taken from URA website (as of AUG 2013)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWnPAHPCYAA4bjS.png:large

Learner
15-10-13, 19:22
allow me to clear all doubts... No units available at all

everytime a unit gets returned, there will be almost a mini balloting at Huttons office

May I know what is the price? Same as launch?

princess_morbucks
15-10-13, 19:28

You can check URA website for the latest transaction.

This is a screenshot from URA website :

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWnULBxCYAA46mk.png:large

ZeeWee
15-10-13, 19:31

sorry I cant recall exact price but given such a hot project, the price will always be slightly higher and there will still be takers :D

Learner
15-10-13, 21:15
Hi princess - I was wondering if the price of the returned units will be higher or same as the launch. Guess zee wee has answered me :)

Thanks zee wee

princess_morbucks
15-10-13, 21:34
Hi princess - I was wondering if the price of the returned units will be higher or same as the launch. Guess zee wee has answered me :)

Thanks zee wee

Yes, Zee wee is this forum's in- house agent :) and he will know best.
I only kaypoh and look for info on URA :ashamed1:.

Learner
16-10-13, 00:11
Yes, Zee wee is this forum's in- house agent :) and he will know best.
I only kaypoh and look for info on URA :ashamed1:.

Hi princess, I appreciate your help too. Thanks :)

ZeeWee
16-10-13, 18:00
no la.. I only in the know how for Huttons projects.. the rest I wont dare comment de

Wunderkind
21-10-13, 08:21
I just came back from Shanghai. During my business trip. I also travelled to Suzhou. Shanghai is a modern cosmopolitan city with many high rise commercial buildings. Singapore CBD is quite similar to Shanghai city. Suzhou is fast becoming a cosmopolitan city despite the fact that SIP is located there. I was impressed by the many big malls and commercial skyscrapers that surround the city. It brings a resonance when I look at JLD . JLD is not CBD just like Suzhou is not Shanghai, but Suzhou is fast becoming a modern city that people aspires to live, work and play there. Just like JLD.

vanan75
21-10-13, 12:22
Any updates on construction progress? Pics? Seems they are some units still up for sale..

sunrise
21-10-13, 15:45
Any updates on construction progress? Pics? Seems they are some units still up for sale..

bro, why don't you rent a house nearby so you can check the progress everyday. blk 203 just right in front of gateway. you can shout with a megaphone when you find them idling.

he must have regretted paying future price.

Ringo33
21-10-13, 15:52

construction is well underway, piling load test already started. Since the "basement" carpark are above ground, construction for this project should be pretty fast. In about 3 to 4 months time, we should see structure coming up.

vanan75
21-10-13, 17:56
construction is well underway, piling load test already started. Since the "basement" carpark are above ground, construction for this project should be pretty fast. In about 3 to 4 months time, we should see structure coming up.

Thanks for the info :)

"Ignorance is the way to disengage from people who are just plain negative"

Marky
23-10-13, 12:34
I just came back from Shanghai. During my business trip. I also travelled to Suzhou. Shanghai is a modern cosmopolitan city with many high rise commercial buildings. Singapore CBD is quite similar to Shanghai city. Suzhou is fast becoming a cosmopolitan city despite the fact that SIP is located there. I was impressed by the many big malls and commercial skyscrapers that surround the city. It brings a resonance when I look at JLD . JLD is not CBD just like Suzhou is not Shanghai, but Suzhou is fast becoming a modern city that people aspires to live, work and play there. Just like JLD.

You are dreaming Brother. Singapore is a small island nation. Before Jurong can ever be like Suzhou, there are many better parts of Singapore which is beyond comparison with Jurong which is polluted, little trees and inconvenient location. This can never change. U can sell your idea to the foreigners who buy blindly but not to Singaporeans who know the Singapore map just too well..

Jurong is too far from city. There are many other locations which can be 'Suzhou' like Bishan, East Coast, Toa Payoh, Balestier, Paya Lebar, Kallang...but please Jurong. You are out of your mind.

And in the next 10 years, Jurong will be even more polluted with the relocation of industrial factories, Tanjong Pagar Shipyard and the increased activities of human traffic to that area to work. My bet after working hours, nobody wants to be in Jurong to live. Everyone wants to get out of here except u probably.

teddybear
23-10-13, 13:46
You made mistake lah!
He is telling us to go Jurong there to live and work, and rent his property at CBD price, but he definitely won't be living in Jurong!

You are dreaming Brother. Singapore is a small island nation. Before Jurong can ever be like Suzhou, there are many better parts of Singapore which is beyond comparison with Jurong which is polluted, little trees and inconvenient location. This can never change. U can sell your idea to the foreigners who buy blindly but not to Singaporeans who know the Singapore map just too well..

Jurong is too far from city. There are many other locations which can be 'Suzhou' like Bishan, East Coast, Toa Payoh, Balestier, Paya Lebar, Kallang...but please Jurong. You are out of your mind.

And in the next 10 years, Jurong will be even more polluted with the relocation of industrial factories, Tanjong Pagar Shipyard and the increased activities of human traffic to that area to work. My bet after working hours, nobody wants to be in Jurong to live. Everyone wants to get out of here except u probably.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 14:03

Welcome back Shawn. Hows your D15 doing?

Ringo33
23-10-13, 14:06

btw Shawn, Tanjong Pagar doesnt have shipyard.

Marky
23-10-13, 14:27

I am Marky not Shawn for your info. Unless you are blind and cant read my name properly. Anyway all the luck to your Jurong LD.

Ringo33
23-10-13, 14:46
I am Marky not Shawn for your info. Unless you are blind and cant read my name properly. Anyway all the luck to your Jurong LD.

Haha ok Shawn is marky but marky is not Shawn

Ringo33
27-10-13, 15:06
Project update. taken from SSC

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/580576_10151942604492040_1219939920_n.jpg

DC33_2008
27-10-13, 15:19
Why two mrt tracks at jurong east?

Ringo33
27-10-13, 15:24
Why two mrt tracks at jurong east?

there are more than 2 tracks. Interchange for EWL and NSL

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/17639371.jpg

DC33_2008
27-10-13, 15:37
It is convenient but unfortunately they are not underground.

vanan75
27-10-13, 15:48
Project update. taken from SSC

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/580576_10151942604492040_1219939920_n.jpg

Thanks for the picture...it's amazing with that specific area they can build a condo...

Wunderkind
28-10-13, 20:30

When I went to Suzhou, I was expecting to see factories and industrial plants . I didn't expect to see a somewhat modern city in the midst of the industrial park. Besides the city was a lake . I think the lake is called Jinji lake. There is a parallel when I see this and JLD sprung to my mind. Certainly , I agree JLD is not there yet as many of infrastructure are still being built and they will only ready in 3 to 5 years . Nevertheless, I could see with my mind how things are shaping up for JLD. Suzhou or not, it won't be long to find out.

teddybear
29-10-13, 00:38
Ringo is Stalingrad but Stalingrad is not Ringo? :p

Haha ok Shawn is marky but marky is not Shawn

Ringo33
29-10-13, 08:07
Ringo is Stalingrad but Stalingrad is not Ringo? :p

I believe I have said you are not very intelligent liao.

perhaps you should try 4D or TOTO, you might have a higher chance of getting it right.

sunrise
30-10-13, 12:02
any dancing halls or entertainment facility to be build at JLD? especially for large pool of foreign workers. work hard, shake hard.

worker's paradise on bad street.

Simi
30-10-13, 12:34
Thanks for the picture...it's amazing with that specific area they can build a condo...

I also trying to figure out how they are going to squeeze the New Science Center at the New site :scared-4::scared-4:

dudick
31-10-13, 12:44
I also trying to figure out how they are going to squeeze the New Science Center at the New site :scared-4::scared-4:

They can always reclaimed the lake :cool-punk-headbange

NO_7
31-10-13, 12:57
Build over, below or just by the side of the lake.:southpark1:

Simi
31-10-13, 19:53
deleted as double postings

my apology

Simi
31-10-13, 19:54
Hi dudik

dun think they will be reclaiming part of the lake for the New Science Center

Hi No_7

It would be nice if by the lake

Further down across the road (beside the Canadian school)

Should have developments coming up...many are talking and eyeing

including yours truly :):)

Ringo33
02-11-13, 23:34
I think MCL land is refurbishing the J Gateway showflat for their new launch.
I reckon should be ready in about 2 to 3 months time. Maybe in time for CNY 2014

sunrise
07-11-13, 06:59
Oh no no, sardin fish condo! :banghead:
Oh too many human fresh smell of satay.

Lovelle
11-11-13, 20:45
MND delays move of headquarters to Jem

dudick
11-11-13, 22:42
MND delays move of headquarters to Jem

But AVA and BCA is still moving as planned. They will still need to honour the 30 year contract signed

dudick
14-11-13, 08:58
Fagor file for bankruptcy. Wondering MCL will replace with which brand for their washer, fridge and other electrical appliances

vanan75
30-11-13, 15:58
Fagor file for bankruptcy. Wondering MCL will replace with which brand for their washer, fridge and other electrical appliances

Now top brands are setting up their shops at Jurong. The Westmall together with the rest of the malls surely hype up the place. Hopefully Samsung will have a huge digital billboard at the junctions of these malls turning this place like a real district of its own. Maybe they can turn this to a digital valley like seattle.

Wunderkind
01-12-13, 07:06
Now top brands are setting up their shops at Jurong. The Westmall together with the rest of the malls surely hype up the place. Hopefully Samsung will have a huge digital billboard at the junctions of these malls turning this place like a real district of its own. Maybe they can turn this to a digital valley like seattle.

Seattle may be a little exaggerated, but definitely JLD is getting more vibrant.

With Big Box ready in 2014, the place will be a mini shopping and food paradise.

The decentralization of CBD is getting apparent even with hospitals and school of learning built around the region. PM Lee said of the pioneer thinker of JLD that he was ahead of his time. PM knew that the pioneer was right about JLD.

vanan75
01-12-13, 08:30
Seattle may be a little exaggerated, but definitely JLD is getting more vibrant.

With Big Box ready in 2014, the place will be a mini shopping and food paradise.

The decentralization of CBD is getting apparent even with hospitals and school of learning built around the region. PM Lee said of the pioneer thinker of JLD that he was ahead of his time. PM knew that the pioneer was right about JLD.

Hopefully JLD becomes like at least London
Times Square :)

vanan75
01-12-13, 08:44
Hopefully JLD becomes like at least London
Times Square :)

Today the weather is pretty cool, maybe i go down and have a look at the malls near
J- Gateway or maybe catch a movie at Cathay or visit the library there...he he..

sunrise
01-12-13, 16:46
Today the weather is pretty cool, maybe i go down and have a look at the malls near
J- Gateway or maybe catch a movie at Cathay or visit the library there...he he..

U will be disappointed to see many run down shophouse surrounding the gateway.

vanan75
01-12-13, 18:16

Aiya, so what old and new together...anyways JG is already planned to become a prominent district.. All those forumers not happy will continue bickering about its growth. I mean if it was 8O years ago the same bunch would have said the same thing about an orchard plantation in becoming a tourist attraction in future. The fact is once a district has reached its growth potential, investors will have to find somewhere else to park their money. If those forumers had invested in CCR and believe that their is more huge potential for growth, keep your CCR. Good for You. Why you need to be concern abt Jurong? JLD will grow with or without you. The government has made the decision to decentralize to make a homogenous development of the real estate. so that in the future all of us won't fight for the same pie. so simply evaluate what property you want, where you want it without breaking your savings. so basically survive and let others survive...

CCR
02-12-13, 22:35

There are big plans to rejuvenate the hdb town centre and pedestrian mall.... so it will definitely be nice.... go ura and search jurong elevated pedestrian walkway and you can see the grand plans of ura for jld

Wunderkind
05-12-13, 09:20
Went down to Westgate Mall for a look see. The shops are not all open, but I could see the huge potential of the mall together with JEM next door for people to come for shopping , dining and leisure. Really no need to go all the way to Orchard Road to shop. Govt decentralization of CBD also dentralizes the central shopping belt.

star
05-12-13, 09:34
We are very lucky to have a good team of policy makers. Singapore transformed so much in 40 years. Look around you which country in the world can beat Singapore in that. Other countries are older age than us but did they progress as fast? But they might catch up soon if we taking a rest.

hutsutau
05-12-13, 16:12
We are very lucky to have a good team of policy makers. Singapore transformed so much in 40 years. Look around you which country in the world can beat Singapore in that. Other countries are older age than us but did they progress as fast? But they might catch up soon if we taking a rest.
Hong Kong?

Ringo33
06-12-13, 12:46
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2139/brrm.jpg

Wunderkind
07-12-13, 15:56
Isetan 's Market Event is very crowded today with many shoppers going for the fresh Japanese food, pastries and titbits. Reminded me of my shopping experience in Tokyo's shopping malls.

A number of the shoppers are Japanese. They dress clean and neat.

Westgate Mall aims at a different crowd from JEM. I can't put my finger on what it is ... but you can tell that the crowd is different.

Suppose there is everything for everyone in JLD shopping.

Patrickstar
07-12-13, 18:11
Many countries hv seen their glory days long before sg was even founded.

vanan75
08-12-13, 12:42
Isetan 's Market Event is very crowded today with many shoppers going for the fresh Japanese food, pastries and titbits. Reminded me of my shopping experience in Tokyo's shopping malls.

A number of the shoppers are Japanese. They dress clean and neat.

Westgate Mall aims at a different crowd from JEM. I can't put my finger on what it is ... but you can tell that the crowd is different.

Suppose there is everything for everyone in JLD shopping.

Yesterday i visited both Westgate, Jem & Jcube. I prefer Jem it has most trendy shops and dining area. Also, at night Jem dining look more cousy to dine at. However, i think they should introduce some good famous dining pubs selling beer/wine to chill out and stuff. This will surely make the place more vibrant at night. My second best is Jcube iceskating they should have many such activity sports in surrounding malls and it will surely make the mall special for kids. Too bad the Westgate kids corner not up yet and many of the shops cater Japfood and some shops never heard before (looks new local spring-ups)not many international shops are open either. However there were a few retail shops offering 50%. Most of my shopping was at Jem,*
Mark & Spencer was great, i hope they introduce Metro too. It's always nice to shop at Metro. At Westgate i have seen so many Challenger malls. It's puzzling, why so many of them, got mini challenger someore..eyesore...*

In overall the Jem Christmas deco was nice... Westgate has a nice colourful fountain. Nice to see kids playing with water... Once the*
J-Gateway is built the ambience of the place will look great!!!

SNRL
14-01-14, 09:13
sooooooo looooooong no updates on J Gateway?

vanan75
19-01-14, 12:22
sooooooo looooooong no updates on J Gateway?

So far, the construction still continues... However, the malls are operating in full force thus the vicinity is getting more vibrant. According to the URA master plan, there are sites opposite the interchange which are allocated for retail and office, so look out for more attraction in future...

vanan75
03-02-14, 07:51
No news about J-Gateway in the forum......Anyone knows how the construction or any other new happenings....

sunrise
03-02-14, 09:22
No news about J-Gateway in the forum......Anyone knows how the construction or any other new happenings....

Something did happen is r33 has gave up posting on jld.

SNRL
04-02-14, 14:03
Pic taken in mid Jan .....

ecimbew
19-02-14, 17:43
For archive

http://elasticbeanstalk-ap-southeast-1-564119966891.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Jurong-development.jpg

SNRL
01-03-14, 22:13
Wonder why the construction is progressing like snail ...... the Genting hotel which started later is already 3 storey high.... can we call up MCL to check?

sunrise
03-03-14, 11:13
Wonder why the construction is progressing like snail ...... the Genting hotel which started later is already 3 storey high.... can we call up MCL to check?

Moves or not,

M - mai
C - chub
L - liow

Ringo33
03-03-14, 11:50

Genting hotel is pretty straight forward because they dont need to bother about marketing and launch, and the room size and layout are more standardized as compared to private property. And for hotels, there will be less carpark facilities to deal with as compared to residential property.

For Genting, they will need to rush the project because revenue will not come in until the project welcome its first guests.

DC33_2008
03-03-14, 12:44
To cater for guest of hospital?:p

SNRL
05-03-14, 07:53
Genting hotel is pretty straight forward because they dont need to bother about marketing and launch, and the room size and layout are more standardized as compared to private property. And for hotels, there will be less carpark facilities to deal with as compared to residential property.

For Genting, they will need to rush the project because revenue will not come in until the project welcome its first guests.

Thanks Ringo33. Guess hv to be patient then :D

SNRL
05-03-14, 07:57

Why not if they are paying :scared-5:

Patrickstar
05-03-14, 14:00
Maybe one of the tourist itenary would be a visit to Singapore's largest industrial town, showing tourists how our tiny island can still have a factory town where workers can live and play.

vanan75
09-03-14, 17:51
Any news on J-Gateway... How is the construction progress?? Anyone to comment on the condo's architecture and design? Any uniqueness or similar design used by other condo's??...

vanan75
09-03-14, 17:52
Any news on J-Gateway... How is the construction progress?? Anyone to comment on the condo's architecture and design? Any uniqueness or similar design used by other condos??

astroboy8681
09-03-14, 17:59
Yes can someone please update on their construction progress?
I'm eagerly anticipating keys collection and counting down to the day :)
I know this project can easily fetch 3.5k/4.5k/5.5k rental rates for 1/2/3 bedder respectively...

A typical no horse run project surrounded by multi mega malls, accessibility to best highway AYE and worst kept secret of 30% capital growth upon TOP!

I seriously can't wait...

Ringo33
09-03-14, 18:06
The most iconic project in the West.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJcfFB-n788

3centsworth
30-03-14, 11:34
10% Payment starts .

vanan75
31-03-14, 09:44
10% Payment starts .

So would they be building the condo faster now? With new commercial properties coming near J Gateway... it will be a busy and vibrant place...

sunrise
31-03-14, 13:38
So would they be building the condo faster now? With new commercial properties coming near J Gateway... it will be a busy and vibrant place...

how to fast? these walls all prefab, there are so many projects queuing for it.
unless you ask mcland to lay bricks. haha run out of patience....

the malls at JE not well organise, all over the place, long walking distance from this mall to next. maybe they implement golf cart for rent.

Ringo33
31-03-14, 18:40

Many people doesnt know that the foundation and basement is the most complex part of the construction process, once you past that the building should rise very quickly.

vanan75
01-04-14, 00:17
Many people doesnt know that the foundation and basement is the most complex part of the construction process, once you past that the building should rise very quickly.

Already deduction for monthly loan payment has begun....

SNRL
01-04-14, 14:20
Already deduction for monthly loan payment has begun....

No deduction yet from bank.... when did the deduction started? Foundation done?

SNRL
01-04-14, 14:32
just wonder what agent said is true that 2nd floor is already way higher than the MRT track... but the track is abt 6-8 storey of the nearby HDB flat. so means 2nd floor in Jgateway is actually 8 or 10 storey of HDB? Indicated in the Jgateway site that unit fr 6 floor onwards will be able to enjoy unblocked view ........ hoorey!!!!

vanan75
01-04-14, 18:32

Banks have been sending mail on the
commencement of monthly payment via CPF
or cash...

Ringo33
01-04-14, 18:36
just wonder what agent said is true that 2nd floor is already way higher than the MRT track... but the track is abt 6-8 storey of the nearby HDB flat. so means 2nd floor in Jgateway is actually 8 or 10 storey of HDB? Indicated in the Jgateway site that unit fr 6 floor onwards will be able to enjoy unblocked view ........ hoorey!!!!

this project is build on elevated "basement" carpark, but I wont say its 8 to 10 storey. Perhaps 5th to 6th. but I could be wrong.

Anyway, when completed, it will be the tallest building in district 22, towering above Westgate tower.

vanan75
01-04-14, 21:14
this project is build on elevated "basement" carpark, but I wont say its 8 to 10 storey. Perhaps 5th to 6th. but I could be wrong.

Anyway, when completed, it will be the tallest building in district 22, towering above Westgate tower.

As long you get an apartment there it's fine. High or low floor not matter...

Ringo33
01-04-14, 21:44
As long you get an apartment there it's fine. High or low floor not matter...

You are absolutely right. I expect all owners of J Gateway to be handsomely rewarded by the time it TOP.

vanan75
02-04-14, 14:25
You are absolutely right. I expect all owners of J Gateway to be handsomely rewarded by the time it TOP.

Interesting to read about MCL the developers are a British conglomerate. The headquarters in HK and HK is famous for design of skyscrapers.

mangosteen
02-04-14, 18:35

Seems that those who bought the 'Suites' units are making the next 10% payment first. J Gateway's progress schedule can be found in MCL Land's website. http://www.mclland.com.sg/customercare/page.asp?aid=257

Ringo33
03-04-14, 02:14
regardless what those dataless troll want to say, I can bet my last dollar that all owner of J Gateway owner will make money from either selling or renting.

Ringo33
10-04-14, 10:13
Anyone selling?

SNRL
14-04-14, 17:10
Picture taken on 5th April 2014....

vanan75
15-04-14, 08:09

Wow.. seems they are speeding up the progress... earlier the foundation seem like taking forever.. nice to see some form of shape coming up now..

Ringo33
15-04-14, 08:19
Wow.. seems they are speeding up the progress... earlier the foundation seem like taking forever.. nice to see some form of shape coming up now..

thats usually the case. If you can recall when they were building MBS at Marina Bay, they took a really long time to construction the foundation and basement facilities before we could see the 3 tower rising.

mrtcard
15-04-14, 14:59

Nice. Is that the carpark?

SNRL
16-04-14, 16:05
Nice. Is that the carpark?

No idea what's that but my colleagues told me its probably the foundation and once this done very fast we will see each floor coming up very quickly.

Last week rec'd lawyer letter informing that developer asking for the next 10%.

Ringo33
16-04-14, 16:21
No idea what's that but my colleagues told me its probably the foundation and once this done very fast we will see each floor coming up very quickly.

Once you see the scaffolding that means they are starting to build up. The steel reinforcement on the ground will be another block that is coming up.

The first two floor you see in the photo should be the carpark. And if you look at the left, the tower crane is support by elevated pile, that should be the "ground" level for this project.

mangosteen
16-04-14, 16:32

I have not heard from my lawyer yet. Guess it will soon be my turn to make the next 10% payment. You bought the Suite or Soho?

SNRL
16-04-14, 17:42
I have not heard from my lawyer yet. Guess it will soon be my turn to make the next 10% payment. You bought the Suite or Soho?

I bought the Suite, how abt you?

mangosteen
16-04-14, 17:46
I bought the Suite, how abt you?

Mine is Soho.

SNRL
16-04-14, 17:49
Once you see the scaffolding that means they are starting to build up. The steel reinforcement on the ground will be another block that is coming up.

The first two floor you see in the photo should be the carpark. And if you look at the left, the tower crane is support by elevated pile, that should be the "ground" level for this project.

Thanks Ringo for explaining :) I thought the land should be elevated? The ground floor seems to be on the same level as the road.

astroboy8681
16-04-14, 18:01
mangosteen/snrl, be prepared to welcome bingo as your future MCST chairman :)

Ringo33
16-04-14, 18:05
From this view, it does look like its elevated. Can see the level which the tower crane sits on the support

https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10152044_10152304947777040_455367377_n.jpg

From this view you can see the foundation is lower than the ground. Perhaps this part of the ground is actually elevated hence you can see the excavator is now clearing the land to build the road.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1897981_10152215625502040_672962141_n.jpg

SNRL
17-04-14, 09:23
mangosteen/snrl, be prepared to welcome bingo as your future MCST chairman :)

If he don't mind taking this position why not :)

DC33_2008
17-04-14, 09:37
Did you guys check if MCL has specs at least double glazed for windows in this project given the close proximity to roads and railway tracks?

SNRL
17-04-14, 09:46
From this view, it does look like its elevated. Can see the level which the tower crane sits on the support

https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10152044_10152304947777040_455367377_n.jpg

From this view you can see the foundation is lower than the ground. Perhaps this part of the ground is actually elevated hence you can see the excavator is now clearing the land to build the road.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1897981_10152215625502040_672962141_n.jpg

Thanks Ringo33!

vanan75
17-04-14, 22:32
Finally.. its nice to see the constructions on full force..
I guess the diamond capsule
sports,dining and r&r spaces at the roof top will be an interesting addition
to this condo architecture including the high story tennis platform is also
an interesting concept...

vanan75
25-05-14, 15:55
Any latest updates on the construction developments?

27-07-14, 18:27
Construction seems to be progressing well...

27-07-14, 18:30
Part 2 of the pics taken today

27-07-14, 18:35
Part 3 of the pics taken today.

vanan75
29-07-14, 23:38
Good progress

vanan75
02-08-14, 11:42
Very quiet now..

Patrickstar
04-08-14, 16:21
Sad to see these disillusioned owners trying to sell at such stratospheric prices for a paltry gain of just $200 psf gain

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/j-gateway-21670

august
04-08-14, 16:37
Sad to see these disillusioned owners trying to sell at such stratospheric prices for a paltry gain of just $200 psf gain

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/j-gateway-21670

sell now will get caught by the 4 year SSD.

sunrise
04-08-14, 16:51
Very quiet now..

lets wake up the dragon!

Patrickstar
04-08-14, 18:34
So it seems these owners are prepared to bail out of this project with only peanuts (after paying more than a hundred thousand of SSD). That is the amount of faith they have in JLD.

sell now will get caught by the 4 year SSD.

vanan75
06-08-14, 11:46
So it seems these owners are prepared to bail out of this project with only peanuts (after paying more than a hundred thousand of SSD). That is the amount of faith they have in JLD.

The concept of this condo is not just a means of private residential development in Jurong.
J Gateway is part of the bigger plan of building smarter cities. Please see the following link:

http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/sg/en/smarter_cities/overview/

It is to be self sufficient. There is a obvious trend of major developers are bidding for OCR real estate. If you analyse closely you will realize that over the last 5-10 years these OCR areas have received a significant uplift in infrastructure both retail and in public amenities/ facilities. Also the portion of young working adults living in these areas/estates have increased over the years.

Also, this gives the opportunity to constructively de-link from the trend in thinking that only CCR is the place of investment. People will be more than happy to buy the same stuff near their house compared going all the way to get it in CCR. Also, this gives confidence to property developers and investors that with proper infrastructure and amenities/facilities good growth can be gained if they place their business in OCR region. So to gain that confidence, provisions are made to make it easier for them to set up their business. However, growth of these business also depends on the population growth, for business to grow you need a huge market segmentation to consume them.

That is why the rational of having larger malls, good eateries and good recreational facilities are best developed within the reach around theses estates i.e. Jurong, Yishun,Woodlands e.t.c. However, Jurong with its proximity to neighbouring countries looks ideal for getting such larger market segmentation. It is also important to note that there is also commercial development highly introduced in the OCR regions especially building higher standards of hotel and similar infrastructure in this regions.

Now what about, CCR? It's undeniable that it has rich history and well developed amenities, however there is limited land availability for any further expansion. Besides, any commercial growth in CCR is still depended on the diversity in the business strategy they approach and market segmentation that drives those business . i.e. Tourists or locals, young or old e.t.c.

In general, business thrive in a place where it's able to connect with everyone, true CCR is one such place. However there are other place too. Jurong will have its own commercial belt in future.

Patrickstar
06-08-14, 13:38
Those who bought their jurong condos at $500-600psf can enjoy all these perks in jurong n sleep comfortably. Those who paid $1700psf for a project in jurong will be enjoying these perks but banging their heads on the wall at the same time.

The concept of this condo is not just a means of private residential development in Jurong.
J Gateway is part of the bigger plan of building smarter cities. Please see the following link:

It is to be self sufficient. There is a obvious trend of major developers are bidding for OCR real estate. If you analyse closely you will realize that over the last 5-10 years these OCR areas have received a significant uplift in infrastructure both retail and in public amenities/ facilities. Also the portion of young working adults living in these areas/estates have increased over the years.

Also, this gives the opportunity to constructively de-link from the trend in thinking that only CCR is the place of investment. People will be more than happy to buy the same stuff near their house compared going all the way to get it in CCR. Also, this gives confidence to property developers and investors that with proper infrastructure and amenities/facilities good growth can be gained if they place their business in OCR region. So to gain that confidence, provisions are made to make it easier for them to set up their business. However, growth of these business also depends on the population growth, for business to grow you need a huge market segmentation to consume them.

That is why the rational of having larger malls, good eateries and good recreational facilities are best developed within the reach around theses estates i.e. Jurong, Yishun,Woodlands e.t.c. However, Jurong with its proximity to neighbouring countries looks ideal for getting such larger market segmentation. It is also important to note that there is also commercial development highly introduced in the OCR regions especially building higher standards of hotel and similar infrastructure in this regions.

Now what about, CCR? It's undeniable that it has rich history and well developed amenities, however there is limited land availability for any further expansion. Besides, any commercial growth in CCR is still depended on the diversity in the business strategy they approach and market segmentation that drives those business . i.e. Tourists or locals, young or old e.t.c.

In general, business thrive in a place where it's able to connect with everyone, true CCR is one such place. However there are other place too. Jurong will have its own commercial belt in future.

SNRL
11-08-14, 10:28
Those who bought their jurong condos at $500-600psf can enjoy all these perks in jurong n sleep comfortably. Those who paid $1700psf for a project in jurong will be enjoying these perks but banging their heads on the wall at the same time.

You must be jokking, do you think those ppl who can afford to pay $1700 for a project will bang their head because of buying high??? Where can you find pte project that offer $500-$600psf range now??? Stop day dreaming lah....

Patrickstar
11-08-14, 14:56
You obviously bought at the wrong time. ..hahaha
You must be jokking, do you think those ppl who can afford to pay $1700 for a project will bang their head because of buying high??? Where can you find pte project that offer $500-$600psf range now??? Stop day dreaming lah....

vanan75
17-08-14, 21:36

So based on NDR speech... HSR is comming to Jurong...and there are lot of developments comming up... huat!!..Jurong!!!

SNRL
18-08-14, 09:42
Long way to go ....

sunrise
18-08-14, 10:15
So based on NDR speech... HSR is comming to Jurong...and there are lot of developments comming up... huat!!..Jurong!!!

today's jurong lake and 30 years ago not much changes. may need long years for transformation.

onglai
18-08-14, 11:31
today's jurong lake and 30 years ago not much changes. may need long years for transformation.

i tink pm said ready by 2020.

Ringo33
19-08-14, 12:39
First phase of the Lake Garden will be completed by 2017, however its important to note that the JLD plan will evolve overtime and once HSR location is confirmed to be located in JLD, I expect the JLD boundary to widen further to include Pandan area.

Exciting time for people living around JLD.

Shawn
30-08-14, 13:56
First phase of the Lake Garden will be completed by 2017, however its important to note that the JLD plan will evolve overtime and once HSR location is confirmed to be located in JLD, I expect the JLD boundary to widen further to include Pandan area.

The very same guy who made complaints of prime east coast district, is making rosy picture of the Ulu Jurong area...I kowtow to u.

I pray hard for u that u still alive when all the transformation in Jurong will become a reality. Apparently, the government is trying very hard to spruce up this unwanted location, practically for some economic and logistic benefits. It is obvious we are running out of land and only Jurong area still abundant with land. So those who buy the story go ahead and buy.

Ringo33
30-08-14, 15:05
The very same guy who made complaints of prime east coast district, is making rosy picture of the Ulu Jurong area...I kowtow to u.

I pray hard for u that u still alive when all the transformation in Jurong will become a reality. Apparently, the government is trying very hard to spruce up this unwanted location, practically for some economic and logistic benefits. It is obvious we are running out of land and only Jurong area still abundant with land. So those who buy the story go ahead and buy.

Yes, I am the guy who say that you are a "double agent" snake oil property seller who create multiple forum accounts to sell empty promises and to praise yourself as a very knowledgeable property agent. By 2020, when Tuas land reclamation is done, Singapore will shift their focus to the East Coast region as stated in the 2013 landuse plan. Singapore running out of land? Jurong abundant with land? This only goes to show how bias and ignorant you are as a property agent. Perhaps its due to eating too much sour grapes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUWieUw96ig

Shawn
01-09-14, 11:58
Yes, I am the guy who say that you are a "double agent" snake oil property seller who create multiple forum accounts to sell empty promises and to praise yourself as a very knowledgeable property agent. By 2020, when Tuas land reclamation is done, Singapore will shift their focus to the East Coast region as stated in the 2013 landuse plan. Singapore running out of land? Jurong abundant with land? This only goes to show how bias and ignorant you are as a property agent. Perhaps its due to eating too much sour grapes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUWieUw96ig

Yup only idiots buy property from slide presentations. Good luck ! And wait for it till all yr hair becomes grey. Once you collect keys, enjoy the smoke and polluted air from the surrounding factories or alternatively the haze from Sumatra hahaha.

Meantime, east coast (D15 prime) will have an MRT linking from town all the way to Changi Airport, a food haven and shopping district lining at East Coast Road, and a new entertainment hub along east coast park. Many of which are already in existent. Whereas some idiots are still waiting for something that came from slide presentations.

sunrise
01-09-14, 16:52

yr trumpet tua tua ki, jurong to pandan, further up hit seremban. buying property not tikam tikam.

Ringo33
01-09-14, 17:35
yr trumpet tua tua ki, jurong to pandan, further up hit seremban. buying property not tikam tikam.

Yes, buying property cannot tikam, but buy into growth region like Jurong Lake District, because this is where the actions are happening at the moment.

Patrickstar
09-09-14, 15:46
I think you forgot to mention about location and price mismatch lol

SNRL
12-09-14, 09:08
I was really wondering why all these ppl who complained so much abt JDL / Jurong still keep coming back this site and lobby for further info. So many owner has been laughing to the bank and enjoy the wealth generated by the property they bought in the west.... So alllllllll the sour g..... continue to complain and west owner continue our laughter hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahah............................. !!!!!!

Ringo33
12-09-14, 09:17
While the market is talking about 15 to 20% price correction, some analyst are saying that JLD have limited UPSIDE due to TDSR and poor marketing sentiment.
This only goes to show the property in the west are supported by strong fundamentals.

Expect big news this Oct/Nov 2014.

sunrise
12-09-14, 14:54
I was really wondering why all these ppl who complained so much abt JDL / Jurong still keep coming back this site and lobby for further info. So many owner has been laughing to the bank and enjoy the wealth generated by the property they bought in the west.... So alllllllll the sour g..... continue to complain and west owner continue our laughter hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahah............................. !!!!!!

when population grows you will feel the heat. you'll see strange faces outside your gate. unfortunate one will suffer heart attack. don't worry you had a hospital next door, why on earth people like you exchange poor quality of life for small gain. don't agree? measure your floor area, its just slighly bigger than a cell.

Photogguy
13-09-14, 06:24
Yup only idiots buy property from slide presentations. Good luck ! And wait for it till all yr hair becomes grey. Once you collect keys, enjoy the smoke and polluted air from the surrounding factories or alternatively the haze from Sumatra hahaha.

Meantime, east coast (D15 prime) will have an MRT linking from town all the way to Changi Airport, a food haven and shopping district lining at East Coast Road, and a new entertainment hub along east coast park. Many of which are already in existent. Whereas some idiots are still waiting for something that came from slide presentations.

Ever heard of Blue Ocean Strategy? In any case, Spore is such a small dot, what is the diff betw East and West when the haze drift over from Sumatera? Your MRT will take another 10years to see the light, the west already got MRT? And also RTS? If property price go up, East, West,North, South all will gain....why keep arguing to go one up on others?

14-09-14, 15:36
Certain stacks of the suites tower have reached level 3 (i.e. level 2 completed)

14-09-14, 15:40
Westgate tower looks completed. Hospital and Big Box looks close to completion.

Patrickstar
15-09-14, 19:45
Any carrotheads out there? $850k for a 495sqft shoebox in Jurong. :D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/15142297

teddybear
15-09-14, 22:17
HSR come, the loud noise will come too! luckily HSR will terminate at most in Jurong! Better live far from it! Which idiot would want to live beside HSR track & station? :frown-new:

Ringo33
15-09-14, 23:05
HSR come, the loud noise will come too! luckily HSR will terminate at most in Jurong! Better live far from it! Which idiot would want to live beside HSR track & station? :frown-new:

Anyone with the slightest commonsense when know that the terminus station in Singapore will be underground because land around JLD is too expensive to be wasted for such project.

Only an idiot will think otherwise.

12-10-14, 16:08
J Gateway is progressing well. Suites tower has reached level 4. SOHO tower at level 1. Road in front of J Gateway is almost completed.

DC33_2008
12-10-14, 17:00
Do you know if double glazed windows are provided for this project? Owners may want to request for an upgrade and pay for them if it is a not provided in the original specification.
J Gateway is progressing well. Suites tower has reached level 4. SOHO tower at level 1. Road in front of J Gateway is almost completed.

12-10-14, 19:01
Do you know if double glazed windows are provided for this project? Owners may want to request for an upgrade and pay for them if it is a not provided in the original specification.

How much will it cost to put it up on your own?

DC33_2008
12-10-14, 20:15
I am not sure if you would like to change during DLP as your contract with the developer will be void. Furthermore, you will have to find the double glazed window that looks the same as the original one. Suggest that you should check with the developer now.
How much will it cost to put it up on your own?

AssetRichMoneyPoor
12-10-14, 20:57
Staying beside mrt track is no joke!
Staying next to expressway is worst!
Staying next to chimney fumes, not in Sg but within 3km radius - good luck!!!

DC33_2008
12-10-14, 21:38
There are four railway tracks here. Imagine, during peak hour, there will be one train passing every 4 minutes. Owners can ask the architecture or developer to stay here if they do not give you at least a double glazed windows. High end residential project is usually double glazed. I visited a friend at MBR on the 40 plus floor. I can still hear the traffic noise from the AYE at his balcony even though it is quite a distance away.

dudick
12-10-14, 21:44

Dun understand your purposes in posting here. In case you dun know, j gateway is already fully sold whether you like it or not. So the people in this thread will be more interested in the progress now instead of the good or bad of this project location

teddybear
12-10-14, 21:56
Don't think double glazed windows will be effective to shield out the noise from MRT track within 500m?
If the HSR comes, worst! :crushed:

DC33_2008
13-10-14, 09:06
It helps if you look at the newer commercial buildings which have double glazed windows. The only issue is that it is not viable for residents to close windows and turn on air-con. Can only open window past midnight on weekdays and later on weekends.
Don't think double glazed windows will be effective to shield out the noise from MRT track within 500m?

Ringo33
13-10-14, 10:15

When HSR comes everyone in the West will HUAT.

And btw, HSR is going to be underground, which obviously make you sound a sour grape living in the wrong side of CCR

teddybear
13-10-14, 10:26
HSR will be underground? Really? So how long are they going to take to build it given that we know underground MRT tracks take 6-8 years to build? And we are not talking about from the planning stage as of now till final approval, so that will take another 4-6 years?

Wow! HSR will probably come in 2024-2028 when it finally comes! All you people out there beware! Don't be fooled into taking over somebody's baby at obscene price while waiting for HSR to come! :pig:

If die die must buy in JLD, can wait till 2022-2024 property prices most likely already crash because of next economic recession! And beware! In case HSR didn't go underground but build above ground to cut down costs and using too much tax-payers money, you will have to withstand noise a few times louder than MRT tracks! :cower:

When HSR comes everyone in the West will HUAT.

And btw, HSR is going to be underground, which obviously make you sound a sour grape living in the wrong side of CCR

DC33_2008
13-10-14, 12:18
Transport Minister has already identified the stops in Malaysia with Nusajaya as the last stop. We will know where is the likely stop in Singapore once the exact location in Nusajaya is confirmed. People are speculating that it will be either near Peter Lim's motorsport facility (Gelang Pateh) or in the heart of Nusajaya (Medini). Let' s see.
HSR will be underground? Really? So how long are they going to take to build it given that we know underground MRT tracks take 6-8 years to build? And we are not talking about from the planning stage as of now till final approval, so that will take another 4-6 years?

Wow! HSR will probably come in 2024-2028 when it finally comes! All you people out there beware! Don't be fooled into taking over somebody's baby at obscene price while waiting for HSR to come! :pig:

If die die must buy in JLD, can wait till 2022-2024 property prices most likely already crash because of next economic recession! And beware! In case HSR didn't go underground but build above ground to cut down costs and using too much tax-payers money, you will have to withstand noise a few times louder than MRT tracks! :cower:

Ringo33
13-10-14, 13:31

Only an ignorant fool will question if HSR terminus in Singapore will be underground. This is a result when you live in a little well in the wrong side of CCR for too long.
When will HSR be complete is anyone's guess and if its decided to be build within JLD, property around Jurong area will HUAT even more. Thats a fact so please stop being a sour grape going around talking about pollution and noise.

sunrise
13-10-14, 13:34

JLD mall still using feeder bus, very old methods in transportation and why our friend R33 called it high tech city?

Ringo33
13-10-14, 13:38
Stop being a sour grape.

http://singaporeasset.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/J-Gateway1-832x360.jpg

AssetRichMoneyPoor
13-10-14, 15:55
There are four railway tracks here. Imagine, during peak hour, there will be one train passing every 4 minutes. Owners can ask the architecture or developer to stay here if they do not give you at least a double glazed windows. High end residential project is usually double glazed. I visited a friend at MBR on the 40 plus floor. I can still hear the traffic noise from the AYE at his balcony even though it is quite a distance away.

Yes i'd seen houses next to MRT track and expressway. One is unbearable one is unlivable!
I can only imagine one should buy a home with their eyes open and bearing orientation. The difference between facing NOISE or PEACE can be up to 200 psf difference for same project.

Although i'm quite sure J gateway has certain facing that is not so undesirable.

AssetRichMoneyPoor
13-10-14, 15:57
Dun understand your purposes in posting here. In case you dun know, j gateway is already fully sold whether you like it or not. So the people in this thread will be more interested in the progress now instead of the good or bad of this project location

i'm only illustrating the consequences of staying next to track/highway or worst near to chimney fumes.

mcmlxxvi
21-10-14, 16:54
Check out the latest progress. I work very very nearby...

Wunderkind
21-10-14, 23:07
Thank you.... with all the recent government's announcements on plans to develop JLD, it has certainly brought much investors' interest in Jurong Lake District.

It will be no surprise that J Gateway condo will do well in capital appreciation in the future as there are very few private residential units within Jurong Gateway.

To all owners of J Gateway condo, best wishes ! You took a risk, but in the end, it will be worth it.

Ringo33
22-10-14, 01:15
Thank you.... with all the recent government's announcements on plans to develop JLD, it has certainly brought much investors' interest in Jurong Lake District.

It will be no surprise that J Gateway condo will do well in capital appreciation in the future as there are very few private residential units within Jurong Gateway.

To all owners of J Gateway condo, best wishes ! You took a risk, but in the end, it will be worth it.

There are only 2 residential sites in the entire Jurong Gateway and J Gateway is sitting on the better site of the 2. When J Gateway TOP,
it will become like the Orchard Residence, towering over all other building along the Orchard Road of the West.

DC33_2008
22-10-14, 11:16
The only unfortunate thing is the four mrt viaducts above ground less than 400m away.
There are only 2 residential sites in the entire Jurong Gateway and J Gateway is sitting on the better site of the 2. When J Gateway TOP,
it will become like the Orchard Residence, towering over all other building along the Orchard Road of the West.

22-10-14, 11:41
The only unfortunate thing is the four mrt viaducts above ground less than 400m away.
Bro, people who bought it or intends to buy it would have known this fact....there is nothing unfortunate about it.

DC33_2008
22-10-14, 11:59
May not be true all the time with those hot sale that sold out within a day. Someone bought a trizon of 1500+ sqft and was shocked when TOP. It is so much smaller. Why? AC ledges are large and a few of them. Some of these AC ledges run along the wall and below the window cill. Living room has double volume space and part of the GFA has computed for the virtual mezzanine floor which developer does not need to pay for. Balcony is as large as his children's bedroom. Over in Jgateway, noise can be greatest issue when tenant wants to lease it. That could be the bargaining chip for lower rent. Has urged the owners to negotiate with the developer to replace single glass pane with at least a double glazed window now. It can be a messy job to do it after TOP.
Bro, people who bought it or intends to buy it would have known this fact....there is nothing unfortunate about it.

Allthepies
22-10-14, 12:04
Wonder any shock owners of J-Gateway will let go their units to me at a good discount : )???

Waiting eagerly to catch it...

Kelonguni
22-10-14, 12:47
Wonder any shock owners of J-Gateway will let go their units to me at a good discount : )???

Waiting eagerly to catch it...

Can short sell and buy back in 2016?

Just kidding. Here's hoping for the best for JG!

Ringo33
22-10-14, 15:25
May not be true all the time with those hot sale that sold out within a day. Someone bought a trizon of 1500+ sqft and was shocked when TOP. It is so much smaller. Why? AC ledges are large and a few of them. Some of these AC ledges run along the wall and below the window cill. Living room has double volume space and part of the GFA has computed for the virtual mezzanine floor which developer does not need to pay for. Balcony is as large as his children's bedroom. Over in Jgateway, noise can be greatest issue when tenant wants to lease it. That could be the bargaining chip for lower rent. Has urged the owners to negotiate with the developer to replace single glass pane with at least a double glazed window now. It can be a messy job to do it after TOP.

The showflat for J Gateway is located right next to the MRT tracks with REAL MRT trains moving in an out of the station all the time. And whoever who have been to the show flat would have already seen the actual site, plus Jurong East mrt is one of the most features MRT in Singapore.

Plus those who attended the balloting on Friday was there because they have already submitted their cheque prior to the preview, do you expect people to turn up on Friday without know why there are there and bought a unit on impulse?

You talk about pollution, you question about new jobs old jobs, micro macro environment (not sure what BS is that) and now MRT noise. You might as well just tell us that your mouth is full of sour grapes and thats why you are so sour about JLD project.

DC33_2008
22-10-14, 18:28
I did not say it is a bad project. It is a good project. The noise source from mrt viaduct is a line source and they propagate in a cylindrical manner. Those higher than the viaduct will be exposed to louder sound. Those nearer to the station will have sound caused by braking and starting. I am just being kind here to let Jgateway owners with units facing the track to reduce the risk if noise by having double glazed windows. Please do not get me wrong.
The showflat for J Gateway is located right next to the MRT tracks with REAL MRT trains moving in an out of the station all the time. And whoever who have been to the show flat would have already seen the actual site, plus Jurong East mrt is one of the most features MRT in Singapore.

Plus those who attended the balloting on Friday was there because they have already submitted their cheque prior to the preview, do you expect people to turn up on Friday without know why there are there and bought a unit on impulse?

You talk about pollution, you question about new jobs old jobs, micro macro environment (not sure what BS is that) and now MRT noise. You might as well just tell us that your mouth is full of sour grapes and thats why you are so sour about JLD project.

Photogguy
26-10-14, 16:25
I did not say it is a bad project. It is a good project. The noise source from mrt viaduct is a line source and they propagate in a cylindrical manner. Those higher than the viaduct will be exposed to louder sound. Those nearer to the station will have sound caused by braking and starting. I am just being kind here to let Jgateway owners with units facing the track to reduce the risk if noise by having double glazed windows. Please do not get me wrong.

..not taking sides but you will be surprised how technology has improved the sound proofing efficacy of glass without the need for double glazing, those who complain of noise are usually those who have poor understanding of the real-life situation with lots of prconceived perception....there are many development which are as close as this one to tracks or Highway....and did not seemed none the worse in terms of occupancy.

teddybear
26-10-14, 16:54
I know, many of them "get used" to it already (aka, already hearing impaired, so not sensitive anymore to those loud noise, must talk very loud to them then they can hear..................)

..not taking sides but you will be surprised how technology has improved the sound proofing efficacy of glass without the need for double glazing, those who complain of noise are usually those who have poor understanding of the real-life situation with lots of prconceived perception....there are many development which are as close as this one to tracks or Highway....and did not seemed none the worse in terms of occupancy.

Jem
26-10-14, 20:12
I know, many of them "get used" to it already (aka, already hearing impaired, so not sensitive anymore to those loud noise, must talk very loud to them then they can hear..................)

Actually that's quite the case. If you have been staying next to the main road or busy intersection or highway u do get used to it.

AssetRichMoneyPoor
27-10-14, 13:17
ringgo see what you have done to the west
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/j-gateway-21670
8/11 negative reviews even before TOP

02-11-14, 17:59
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5602/15068862803_c8a44ba75b_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/oXzRVn)image (https://flic.kr/p/oXzRVn) by 081828 (https://www.flickr.com/people/128833285@N03/), on Flickr
https://flic.kr/p/pUjeDB
https://flic.kr/p/pUje4t
https://flic.kr/p/pBZ1my
https://flic.kr/p/pBTDpT
https://flic.kr/p/pU9ohz
https://flic.kr/p/pBW4QS
https://flic.kr/p/oXwQUm
https://flic.kr/p/pBTBTB
https://flic.kr/p/pUjbBK
https://flic.kr/p/pUspej
https://flic.kr/p/pSdCGL

AssetRichMoneyPoor
04-11-14, 14:30
ringgo see what you have done to the west

Ringgo see what you have done to the west

Ringo33
08-11-14, 12:34
Ringgo see what you have done to the west

you need a dumb person to appreciate dumb review

Wunderkind
29-12-14, 09:09
Progress of J Gateway and surroundings

dudick
04-02-15, 11:14
Saw a new overheadbridge being built currently, wondering if this bridge link the hospital to j gateway directly?

Arcachon
02-09-15, 02:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vpDvLoA_eU

sunrise
02-09-15, 23:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vpDvLoA_eU

JLD thread got fungus, I wonder where is ringo33 and his followers?

CondoWE
08-09-15, 16:02
I thought trolls aren't allowed on this forum :jump-for-joy:?

sunrise
09-09-15, 07:19
I thought trolls aren't allowed on this forum :jump-for-joy:?

2 headed east west snake show himself. Haha..

CondoWE
09-09-15, 08:41
2 headed east west snake show himself. Haha..

Oops...troll out again. I have few properties scattered around Singapore so are you going to said 3 headed, 4 headed, 5 headed? Please la..you always bad-mouth....Like a sour grape..which gives an impression that you are a one headed (or none) nia?

sunrise
09-10-16, 09:30
Oops...troll out again. I have few properties scattered around Singapore so are you going to said 3 headed, 4 headed, 5 headed? Please la..you always bad-mouth....Like a sour grape..which gives an impression that you are a one headed (or none) nia?

bad time for investment.

CondoWE
09-10-16, 11:34
Oops...troll out again after quiet for a year..lol!

sunrise
10-10-16, 14:32
[QUOTE=CondoWE;521911]Oops...troll out again after quiet for a year..lol![/QUOTE
Just checking why this thread became so quiet these days? Machiam sibei jialat..

dogeatdog
01-11-16, 19:34
This project pricing really cmi

JamesNg
07-11-16, 14:27
Hi, for those whom would be looking to collect your keys to your new home, feel free to download a copy of the defect inspection checklist here to guide you along.

http://ngidstudio.com/defect-inspection/defect-inspection-checklist/

DMCK
30-05-18, 09:57
does the scrap of HSR affect the resale price?

Kelonguni
30-05-18, 17:01
does the scrap of HSR affect the resale price?

Current situation when HSR is still light years away in the best scenario, 1BR here rents for $2400, 2500. About 450 sf. 2BR rents for 3400, 3500, about 600 sf.

You say will affect or not?

thomastansb
30-05-18, 20:35
HSR is just a small part I feel. With it, of course is better. Without, we have other attractions and offices around.