PDA

View Full Version : The quality of this forum has degenerated

princess_morbucks
20-03-13, 19:37
I have followed this forum closely for 1 year.
Sadly I have noticed that certain experts have disappeared or post less now eg carbuncle (aka mcm), chestnut, laguna, radha, lifeline etc. Sorry if I have missed out your name.

Instead there is bickering in loud bold fonts and shouting out crash and recession.

Let's contribute positively to this forum and share our experience in a civilized and cultivated fashion.

To BJ21, I like your previous polite and gentlemanly style.

ForeignTalent
20-03-13, 19:50
Support Princess Morbucks

Kelonguni
20-03-13, 19:52
Sadly I have noticed that certain experts have disappeared or post less now eg carbuncle (aka mcm), chestnut, laguna, radha, lifeline etc. Sorry if I have missed out your name.

Instead there is bickering in loud bold fonts and shouting out crash and recession.

Let's contribute positively to this forum and share our experience in a civilized and cultivated fashion.

Strongly support. I was about to start a similar thread. Let's not attack each other. Can state our preferences but no need to shoot down others.

GForce
20-03-13, 19:59
I second Princess Morbucks too! Let Peace flows!

DuaNehNehChioBu
20-03-13, 19:59

Not Happy this forum ?
Just LEAVE LAH ! Complain like a small kid ! :banghead:

BJ21 = AKA BlowJob

He has LOST all respect and just look at the way he reply...

It shows clearly of his the other character !

HUAT AHHHHH :spliff:

Cheers !!

HEEEEEEE HEEEEEEE HEEEEEE :D :D

princess_morbucks
20-03-13, 20:02
BJ 21 is a victim of circumstances.
He is emotionally disturbed by the comments of people who provoked him.
I believe he will regain his composure again and will continue to post with a sound mind.

DuaNehNehChioBu
20-03-13, 20:06
BJ 21 is a victim of circumstances.
He is emotionally disturbed by the comments of people who provoked him.
I believe he will regain his composure again and will continue to post with a sound mind.

Nah...Just admit he is NOT a victim,

rather you should say

His TRUE COLOR !

Ghost Possessed Character !

Horney and Pervert !

Always love to rebut + stalk me Dua Neh Neh ! :ashamed1:

LOL :D

As long as got me in this forum OR similar character of other forum member,

he will continue to show his UGLY SIDE CHARACTER....

Cheers !

Muaha Haa Haa Haa :banana:

ForeignTalent
20-03-13, 20:15
Horney and Pervert !

Always love to rebut + stalk me Dua Neh Neh ! :ashamed1:

LOL :D

Cheers !

Muaha Haa Haa Haa :banana:

I believe a woman wont be 100% save from a rapist even they are wearing a burga.

But they will be in more risky situation if they provocatively showed everybody their DUA NEH NEH.

So maybe you can stop provoke others and try to start a healthy discussion.
Hm..maybe using a standard size and color fonts will help.

star
20-03-13, 20:48
Bears are more rude.

Regulators
20-03-13, 20:50
I see nothing wrong with the forum, just focus on what you want to read, as simple as that.

DKSG
20-03-13, 21:55
The quality of my posts are still high in quality.

Haha!

DKSG

Lemonlaw
20-03-13, 22:42
Selective reading is the key, everywhere you go will meet jokers as they are everywhere.

radha08
20-03-13, 23:09

haha....me no expert la....just trying to survive the rat race in this place we call home....SINGAPORE...:D:D:D

3C
21-03-13, 00:20
Suggest you take a break. Basically there will not be any drastic movement in the property scene in Singapore in the near future. Most of the retirees here just TCSS and cut and paste as they are too bored staying at home.

Arcachon
21-03-13, 02:13
http://www.letv.com/ptv/pplay/83277.html

samuelk
21-03-13, 08:58
big fonts helps to increase the number of page count. It also draw attention.

But it goes downhill from there onwards

The forum is only good for picking up alternate views of smoke and mirror.

As property price is the biggest ticket item of a lifetime for most, there will be people who try to cause a herd instinct.

at this point in time, if u were to roll back to many CM earlier, and base on the period in time of fear mongering, you would have come up better most time if u had not listen then listen to the potential crash.

I for one have known people who wanted to go in, but as persistent worry on the job front from so many fear mongering have resisted to buy and lost opportunity.

eng81157
21-03-13, 09:05
oh how i wish there were more intellectual sparring, instead of annoying elements making callous and incendiary statements that doesn't add anything to the body of discussion.

blackjack21trader
21-03-13, 09:15

dear princess, "degraded" is a better word.

and thanks so much for ur support. as u should be aware by now, i only talk sense to respectable people like you.

those mentally challenged, I will pity them by using a lower level of language.

:)

sh
21-03-13, 09:27
The many many CMs has put many forumers out of the game... There is less intention to buy or sell under current conditions and hence less postings in the forum...

So we are left with the periphery noises that make up for the missing postings...:o

radha08
21-03-13, 09:27
dear princess, "degraded" is a better word.

and thanks so much for ur support. as u should be aware by now, i only talk sense to respectable people like you.

those mentally challenged, I will pity them by using a lower level of language.

:)

dearest brother bj21...you are such a caring and thoughtful brother....i also assume you use BIG FONTS..for those people who got eyesight problems....:D:D:D

minority
21-03-13, 09:36
Big fonts are for blind folks.

Leeds
21-03-13, 09:58
Here are FIVE suggested rules to make this forum more enjoyable:

1. Never response or post in RED. (My English teacher taught me when I was in primary school that writing using RED ink is simply RUDE)

2. Challenge the contents of the writing and not the person writing it.

3. Never make assumption of the writer's intentions. Ask writer to clarify politely instead.

4. Never challenge the writer at a personal level.

5. Never call people NAMES

FIVE simple rules and we can all enjoy this forum.

princess_morbucks
21-03-13, 10:08

1. Never response or post in RED. (My English teacher taught me when I was in primary school that writing using RED ink is simply RUDE)

3. Never make assumption of the writer's intentions. Ask writer to clarify politely instead.

Yes, I agree with you , Leeds! :cheers4:

I don't even bother to read the big red fonts.
They are an eye sore.

rymccondo77
21-03-13, 10:16

Good simple rules :)

Unfortunately there are some who simply want to break such rules :beats-me-man:

Rosy
21-03-13, 10:22
Learn the art of ignoring and do nothing when a joker provokes u.

It takes two to clap.

mcmlxxvi
21-03-13, 10:35
Thanks for mentioning me my princess.

For me, the reason i come back to this forum again and again is:

1. Help newbies with questions (if any, if i can) - though i can be very straightforward.
2. Tune in to market sentiment
3. Keep informed on new developments and news
4. Share any interesting stuff

For those thinking I have agenda promoting MM or Gay life, there is absolutely no need for me to do so anymore, as it is already a known and accepted fact of life. :D

Leo.Cheng
21-03-13, 17:13
Thanks for mentioning me my princess.

For me, the reason i come back to this forum again and again is:

1. Help newbies with questions (if any, if i can) - though i can be very straightforward.
2. Tune in to market sentiment
3. Keep informed on new developments and news
4. Share any interesting stuff

For those thinking I have agenda promoting MM or Gay life, there is absolutely no need for me to do so anymore, as it is already a known and accepted fact of life. :D

you know what, good brother. u are so correct ! MM is a fact of life whether the bashers or the miss the boaters like it or not.

ps. i enjoyed very much your youtube channel. ;)

blackjack21trader
21-03-13, 17:16
you know what, good brother. u are so correct ! MM is a fact of life whether the bashers or the miss the boaters like it or not.

absolutely agree. MMking has a very sexy voice !

;)

mcmlxxvi
22-03-13, 09:26

Aiyoyo.. Made my day hamsome brudder. I was still contemplating whether to continue with it or not... Coz seem like miserable views...

newbie12
22-03-13, 19:20
DKSG is expert too, his post are informative with quality.

Thanks

Mary Lee
22-03-13, 21:40
and Leeds, Buttercarp, Leftfield, Shanhz....

Amber Woods
22-03-13, 23:57
and Leeds, Buttercarp, Leftfield, Shanhz....

Yes agree with you that these 4 guys/gals are very honest in their writings. Leeds is very knowledgeable, neutral and without bias. Buttercarp, Leftfield and Shanhz though vested write truly and honestly from their experience and without insulting others.

Amber Woods
23-03-13, 09:21
Yes agree with you that these 4 guys/gals are very honest in their writings. Leeds is very knowledgeable, neutral and without bias. Buttercarp, Leftfield and Shanhz though vested write truly and honestly from their experience and without insulting others.

I would like to add that there are few more gurus who also provide great insights of the market sharing their 'success' and experiences here in this forum. However, most of them are vested to the extend that they are intolerable of alternatives views. You can find their postings in the way of language and choice of words which is always provoking and inciting people to buy. Even though their views can sometimes be taken seriously, they lost a lot of credability in the way they tried to exert their influence in this forum.

Just my observations!

Laguna
23-03-13, 09:41
I have, somehow, losing my interest in this forum, and resulting in lesser postings. eg, I could had a very good posting in the decoupling of properties thread, explaining the details and cost, implication etc, and review of the new launches.

Werther
23-03-13, 10:16
I have, somehow, losing my interest in this forum, and resulting in lesser postings. eg, I could had a very good posting in the decoupling of properties thread, explaining the details and cost, implication etc, and review of the new launches.

Laguna

Please don't go... I hv learn lots from your sharing too.
Tks:)

Reisor
23-03-13, 12:36
Laguna

Please don't go... I hv learn lots from your sharing too.
Tks:)

Hi all the gurus and contributors here, I have benefitted greatly from the reading and responses and my past posts here have helped me to make one of the most important decision in housing and finance. As a later entrant to the property scene, there are also few responses which I could make as the usual experts opinion contribute largely to the group thinking. I do worry that this forum may go the way like some skyscrapercity forum 2-3 years back which is distastefully spoilt by unproductive weird postings by some misfits in the property arena. Actually, we can learn to overcome by ignoring and refrain from responding and playing into the big font word games of the detractors.

Shanhz
24-03-13, 17:05

mary and amber, thanks for your kind words. just here to learn, have picked up many things over the past months, thanks to all sifu here. i particularly miss chestnut's postings. only regret was i should have came in earlier, before i bot my first ppty. decisions would have been very different.

today, i hope those newbies coming in learn a thing or two, it may make their lives very different 5 or 10 yrs from now.

zeamybro
29-09-13, 22:47
I feel the quality of this forum has degraded even further lately.

The forum used to have lots of wonderful sharings from many experienced forumers, and I got to learn a lot from the postings. There may be some disagreements but the folks did not seem to have much an issue to 'agree to disagree'

Nowadays, I see bickering in almost every other threads ... Seems like not a single segment is being spared .. I understand this is a free forum and everyone is free to post, but I can't help but feel turned off by those incessant egoistic quarrels and arguments.. Sometimes don't even feel like coming to the forum becos of this.. Am I the only one?

princess_morbucks
29-09-13, 22:59
They are even quarrelling about jurong in the sky vue thread.

blackjack21trader
30-09-13, 01:55

PAISEH, princess. Someone have brided me to shout crash. This is my job :(

30-09-13, 02:51
I feel the quality of this forum has degraded even further lately.

The forum used to have lots of wonderful sharings from many experienced forumers, and I got to learn a lot from the postings. There may be some disagreements but the folks did not seem to have much an issue to 'agree to disagree'

Nowadays, I see bickering in almost every other threads ... Seems like not a single segment is being spared .. I understand this is a free forum and everyone is free to post, but I can't help but feel turned off by those incessant egoistic quarrels and arguments.. Sometimes don't even feel like coming to the forum becos of this.. Am I the only one?

Maybe a special thread should be created for those quarrelsome boys and girls to be able to post there only.... LOL

hopeful
30-09-13, 02:57

errr...radha expert in what?

hopeful
30-09-13, 02:59
Yes, I agree with you , Leeds! :cheers4:

I don't even bother to read the big red fonts.
They are an eye sore.

then how can u know what BJ21 is ranting le?

puffer_fish
04-10-13, 23:33
allow me to share a story,:D

Long ago, when the human body was quite a new device, its parts began to argue amongst themselves to determine which was the most important.

"Of course I'm the most essential," boasted the brain, "because I control the rest of you."

"Well," argued the heart, "without me you would run out of blood and you'd die. So, I'm more important than you!"

"Ha!" shouted the lungs. "Without me you wouldn't have any oxygen to deliver to the brain so both you and the brain would die."

On and on it went, each body part arguing for its supremacy. In due course, the anus finally had its say.

"I'm truly the most vital of all the body's parts!"

After an incredible amount of laughter subsided, the rest of the body's parts agreed that the anus was definitely the LEAST important part of all.

Furious, the offended anus scolded, "I'll show you!" and proceeded to go on strike.

After three days of proof, as you can well imagine, all of the body parts had unanimously come to the same conclusion: "Yes, anus...you ARE the most important!"

Peace broke out among all the warring factions and, to this day, all the parts of the body work in harmony.

Singapore is so small, so what the point of fighting to be top spot/expensive place;)

chestnut
05-10-13, 04:49
So the morale of the story - it doesn't take the brain be the leader, just an asshole.... HAHAHAHAHAHA

:D:D

puffer_fish
05-10-13, 12:28
just take anus to spoil something decent for everyone:D

what the point, from point a to point b in Singapore. everyone can reach by walking. what the point of arguing, you like your place would do:D

don't need to turn something from meaningful exchange of info into s%it:2cents:

onglai
05-10-13, 16:25
without these blickering, this forum will come to a standstill...

05-10-13, 17:22
just take anus to spoil something decent for everyone:D

what the point, from point a to point b in Singapore. everyone can reach by walking. what the point of arguing, you like your place would do:D

don't need to turn something from meaningful exchange of info into s%it:2cents:

some people like to harp on "superiority" so I think that is one of most contentious source of the arguments :beats-me-man:

actually like some others who have said, SG is such a small place, if SG doesn't do well, its hard for any property in Singapore to do well...

DKSG
06-10-13, 03:02
PAISEH, princess. Someone have brided me to shout crash. This is my job :(

Apologies if Office Boy is the one causing Princess to start this thread.

Just one instruction from my Mentor to stop posting in the Jurong thread, I will immediately stop.

No questions asked.

Office Boy - being a boy la! - also finds it pointless to try convince people simple valuation and observations.

DKSG