PDA

View Full Version : NeWest @ West Coast Sales Hotline 61001778

Property-NewLaunch
19-03-13, 13:22
http://www.property-newlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/[email protected]

Finding that perfect residence that would suit your lifestyle is quite difficult nowadays. With real estate investments built just right about every corner, one must find a place that could cope up with one’s busy schedule. It should be accessible but at the same time comfortable. These two things and more are certainly offered by this new condominium ideally located at the center of the metropolis. Your own sanctuary at the heart of the big city, NeWest @ West Coast Garden will certainly be your dream home.
Constructed by Oxley Holdings, this 12-storey residential and commercial shops mixed development is situated at the former West Coast Garden Shopping Centre. It is at West Coast way, next to the Hundred Trees Condominium. The area is located near many recreational and shopping attractions. Within 15 minutes, anyone could easily explore the Orchard Road Shopping Belt. Shop with friends at nearby Clementi shopping mall and afterwards, enjoy different activities at Jurong East Entertainment Centre. You may also visit the nearby Clementi Stadium or the West Coast Recreational Centre. If you are finding even closer destinations, just choose from the different commercial shops at your own building. Have fun by just walking out of your doorsteps.
It is also important to enjoy the wonders of nature for in close proximity are different national parks such as the Clementi Woods, West Coast, Kent Ridge, Telok Blangah. From these places, anyone could enjoy the scenery and experience peace and serenity. Just minutes away are two of Singapore main attractions: the Resort World Sentosa and the Marina Bay Sands. After a day’s work, dine at close by Japanese restaurants such Chako, Minoru, and Kyushu Nihon Ryori.
The accessibility this condominium has to offer is even better than all of these attractions. Go to any destination by taking the Clementi MRT Station or take your private vehicle by using the different expressways such as the Pan Island Expressway, Ayer Rajah Expressway and the West Coast Highway. Be early at work since Singapore’s Central Business District and the upcoming Jurong Business Hub are just minutes away. Parents and students would definitely like the fact that it is near many superb educational institutions of all levels such as National University of Singapore, Nan Hua Primary School, Clementi Primary School, Clementi Town Secondary School, Pei Tong Primary School and Qifa Primary School. Also in the neighborhood are the Japanese Kindergarten, the Japanese Secondary School and Spore Polytechnic.
What is even greater about NeWest @ West Coast are its design and architecture. All 72 apartments and 66 shop units are built in good quality. Fixtures are constructed to ensure a spacious environment for its residence. The layout of each unit is very functional without bay windows and planters. With the characteristic and location of this property, it is a great real estate investment. It shows great rental and capital appreciation in the future. Also, Newest at West Coast is foreigner eligible. It definitely is for everybody.
For more information about NeWest @ West Coast, please contact developer sales team at 61001778 or visit NeWest @ West Coast (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/newest-west-coast/). For other property launches, please see Property-NewLaunch (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/).

mermaid
04-04-13, 11:50
I foresee this project to be expensive.

yowetan
04-04-13, 13:53
I think a crash will nuke this development!

Allthepies
04-04-13, 14:11
I think a crash will nuke this development!
Vote me into parliament, I give each of you whiner a free condo in my constituency!:banghead:

lionhill
04-04-13, 14:17
I foresee this project to be expensive.

how can it be? so near to AYE!

one attraction is the mixed development of shops and residential. But there
is a never-so-hot west coast mall nearby...

jonleelk
04-04-13, 14:58

The latest sub-sale price of Hundred Trees will set the baseline for this development. As of this moment, HT has clock >$1500psf for studio.

Just my guess for NeWest:

Studio : $1600 psf
2-bedder : $1500 psf
3-bedder : $1400 psf

Since developer is Oxley, don't think they will have anything bigger than 3-bedder.

Ringo33
04-04-13, 14:59

dont waste time speculating. There is a brand new HT right next to is for comparison.

The value of this development will greatly depends on how they are going to managed the commercial part of this development. If the sell it as strata commercial lot, then I think this project will be pretty messed up.

lionhill
04-04-13, 15:08
The latest sub-sale price of Hundred Trees will set the baseline for this development. As of this moment, HT has clock >$1500psf for studio.

Just my guess for NeWest:

Studio : $1600 psf
2-bedder : $1500 psf
3-bedder : $1400 psf

Since developer is Oxley, don't think they will have anything bigger than 3-bedder.

This price range is possible, considering 99-year lease hillion can be priced at similar range.

mermaid
04-04-13, 15:11

juz look around. there's so many projects at lousy location selling at fantastic $ and sold like hotcakes :simmering:

Ringo33
04-04-13, 15:18
Seahill, next to west coast highway, almost 1900psf.

lionhill
04-04-13, 15:59
Seahill, next to west coast highway, almost 1900psf.
This one unbelievable. Can anyone familar with it explain why it worth so much?

DKSG
04-04-13, 17:38
This one unbelievable. Can anyone familar with it explain why it worth so much?

Didnt you all see Ah Huat Huat lately ?

DKSG

Ringo33
04-04-13, 17:44
Newest showflat is ready, i think preview should be soon.

Does anyone know if Oxley will be selling the retail shops at Newest?

sunboy77
04-04-13, 21:11
Newest showflat is ready, i think preview should be soon.

Does anyone know if Oxley will be selling the retail shops at Newest?
Yes the 141 shops + restaurants + supermarket are all for sale.

I heard from one agent that she predicts it to average at more than $2000 psf. Almost fell off my chair...

Ringo33
04-04-13, 22:16
Yes the 141 shops + restaurants + supermarket are all for sale.

I heard from one agent that she predicts it to average at more than $2000 psf. Almost fell off my chair...

commercial space will sure be more expensive. If you include that to average out, then residential will be around 1500-1600psf.

I think the commercial space will be sold out pretty fast and furious

ZeeWee
04-04-13, 22:20
If its just around $2000psf or more... the commercial sure sell out....

anyway everything is for sale by Oxley.. who keen to be updated on showflat opening and floorplan/brochure? :D

Ringo33
05-04-13, 00:33
NEWest@West Coast, Pronounce as New-west is a long awaited project located at 1 West Coast Drive.
NEWest Mix Development consisting of 141 high ceiling Commercial shops at level 1; 59 units 12 storey high residential; And the most important part – a very rare 77 units of Triplex located on top of the commercial units.
Foreigners are*eligible to buy these*Triplex residences in NEWest Condo @ West Coast.
NEWest Triplex is like a 3 storey very beautiful 4 bedroom resort style sky villa. These villas are located on top of the commercial units with it’s own “basement carpark” and private lift. This is something you should really see to justify it’s beauty.

Good deals don’t wait! Register NOW with your E-mail and Handphone for Latest Updates and Pre-Launch Priority Booking!!

Preliminary Fact Sheet For NEWest Condo @ West Coast.

* * * * * Project Name: NEWest
* * * * * District: 5
* * * * * Developer:*Oxley Holdings
* * * * * Architect: Dp*Architects
* * * * * Site Area: approximate 262800sqft
* * * * * Expected TOP: Dec 2017
Unit Mix For NEWest Condo @ West Coast.

* * * * * 141 Commercial units on level 1
* * * * * * * * *44 Restaurants : 646 – 893sqft
* * * * * * * * *65 Retails : 269 – 840 sqft
* * * * * * * * *31 Kiosks : 161 – 58 sqft
* * * * * * * * *1 Supermarket : 3627 sqft
* * * * * 59 Apartments Including 8*Penthouse (12 storey)
* * * * * * * * *1 Bedroom : 30 Units: 466 – 637 sqft
* * * * * * * * *2 Bedroom : 26 Units: 575 – 942 sqft
* * * * * * * * *3 Bedroom : 3 Units: 1229 – 1316 sqft
* * * * * 77 Triplex with Private Lift and car park
* * * * * * * * *4 Bedrooms: 77 Units:*2189 – 2766 Sqft
Why must buy NeWest condo @ West Coast !!
Well connected by *AYE and West Coast Highway.
Mins drive to CBD, Orchard, RWS & MBS.
Minutes walk to clementi mrt.
Potential capital appreciation with future mrt station nearby.
Ultra urban living with everything you need at your doorstep
Ready tenants from SciencePark, NUS, JapaneseSchool, Alexandra Business centre, PSA, Jurong Gateway, NOL.
Efficient*layout without bay windows and planters.
incredible sky villas (triplex houses) that foreigners are eligible for!
Excellent investment with High Rental Yield & Capital Appreciation.
Call 9757 3880 Or Click HERE Immediately to register for an exclusive Pre-Launch Booking at special price!

Property-NewLaunch
05-04-13, 17:08
LAUNCHING SOON!

NEWest @ West Coast (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/newest-west-coast/)!

Register for VVIP Preview and early bird discount now!

Best Regards,
Property-NewLaunch (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/)

Ringo33
05-04-13, 17:51
I think this is the actually design.

http://newestofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/NeWest-logo.png

lionhill
06-04-13, 11:48
I think this is the actually design.

http://newestofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/NeWest-logo.png
If it really looks like this, there is no difference to HDB shophouses. better sell the shops and the 2nd floor units together, will staircase from shop to the 2nd floor. Otherwise, who will buy the lower level units?

Ringo33
06-04-13, 16:24
If it really looks like this, there is no difference to HDB shophouses. better sell the shops and the 2nd floor units together, will staircase from shop to the 2nd floor. Otherwise, who will buy the lower level units?

Since this is a DP Architect project, I will reserve my comment until I see the brochure and floorplan.

Ringo33
07-04-13, 02:53
There are only 237 parking lot for 277units including shops. This could bring parking nightmares to those landed property around it.

Ringo33
10-04-13, 12:18
I think today got some private viewing going on. Maybe for en bloc owners

DKSG
10-04-13, 12:51

You damn smart leh!
Thats what some developers are doing, they let those who buy a residential unit get the first priority when buying a retail unit.

Any updates on this ?

What are the pricing like for the resi and retail units ?

Office Boy thought of sneaking out to view this because Boss is not around! Hahahaaa!

DKSG

DKSG
10-04-13, 12:54
Dont say Office Boy never give u all some tips ...

If this launch and the other Oxley launches all went well, and you dont want to buy the units, you can also small Huat by buying some Oxley shares. Not many people has as instantaneous information as forumers here!

DKSG

lionhill
10-04-13, 13:05
You damn smart leh!
Thats what some developers are doing, they let those who buy a residential unit get the first priority when buying a retail unit.

Any updates on this ?

Office Boy thought of sneaking out to view this because Boss is not around! Hahahaaa!

DKSG
thanks, brother.

I have thoguht you are a CCR goer, never expect you to view this one.
Anyway, if you are interest in the west and help to promote, the price in the west will go even high.

No matter how, I am quite confidence in Dover, Clementi area.

Where is the Silicon Valley of Sg? where is the School District of Sg? Where is the IT hub of Singapore?

JLD is only a bonus to these areas to make them more convenient.

DKSG
10-04-13, 13:08
thanks, brother.

I have thoguht you are a CCR goer, never expect you to view this one.
Anyway, if you are interest in the west and help to promote, the price in the west will go even high.

No matter how, I am quite confidence in Dover, Clementi area.

Where is the Silicon Valley of Sg? where is the School District of Sg? Where is the IT hub of Singapore?

JLD is only a bonus to these areas to make them more convenient.

East Condo, West Condo, Central Condo, as long as can make alot of money, it is a good condo.

Some wise man told me this.

DKSG

Ringo33
10-04-13, 15:58

information I got is that commercial shop lots are separate from the residential.

Gated residential area for the town houses are located on the 2nd floor (above the shops lots), and this is inclusive of the carpark lot and facilities exclusive for the triplex townhouses only.

1 2 and 3 bedder are located in the tower block which will have their own multi-storey carpark and swimming pools. There will be a basement carpark which is open to public.

Reisor
10-04-13, 18:53
East Condo, West Condo, Central Condo, as long as can make alot of money, it is a good condo.

Some wise man told me this.

DKSG

Adapted from Mao? With modification.

lionhill
10-04-13, 21:14
Adapted from Mao? With modification.
No, should be from Deng, if you must link it.

White cat, black cat, blah, blah

DKSG
10-04-13, 23:10

You all are really very learned. Office Boy is honored to be your fellow forummers discussing property matters here.

DKSG

Reisor
11-04-13, 09:31

Oh yes, this one is from deng. Mao is with tiger & a long stick. Haha... So much to learn from wisdom of these leaders.

Simi
11-04-13, 20:28
You damn smart leh!

Any updates on this ?

DKSG

Made an equiry today
Indicative price to be out this month

so am staying tune

Ringo33
11-04-13, 20:48
Made an equiry today
Indicative price to be out this month

so am staying tune

I think they will launch this month. commercial component should be very hot I think.

Mary Lee
11-04-13, 20:54

邓小平:不管白猫黑猫,抓住老鼠就是好猫。

Simi
11-04-13, 20:56
I think they will launch this month. commercial component should be very hot I think.

wow

not a good news for me then

actually looking for a small retail unit for my retirement :doh:

DC33_2008
11-04-13, 21:11
DP architect has has a few good design of condos that sell very well. Some have prices going more than double.
Since this is a DP Architect project, I will reserve my comment until I see the brochure and floorplan.

DKSG
11-04-13, 21:24
wow

Dont think will be that high la ...

DKSG

Ringo33
11-04-13, 22:00
wow

Anyone want to guess what is the psf for the commercial?

44 Restaurants : 646 – 893sqft
65 Retails : 269 – 840 sqft
31 Kiosks : 161 – 58 sqft
1 Supermarket : 3627 sqft

Simi
11-04-13, 22:12
Anyone want to guess what is the psf for the commercial?

44 Restaurants : 646 – 893sqft
65 Retails : 269 – 840 sqft
31 Kiosks : 161 – 58 sqft
1 Supermarket : 3627 sqft

Just a wild guess

at least S$2000psf for retail space

Ringo33
11-04-13, 22:19
Just a wild guess

I think it could be in the region of 3-5K psf.

Oxley is going to make a killing on the commercial for this one.
And the residential property will just be icing on the cake.

Simi
11-04-13, 22:29
I think it could be in the region of 3-5K psf.

Oxley is going to make a killing on the commercial for this one.
And the residential property will just be icing on the cake.

give up :(

thought can buy a small unit to set up a ma ma shop
after retirement

Ringo33
11-04-13, 22:39
give up :(

thought can buy a small unit to set up a ma ma shop
after retirement

Want can consider their 1 bedder. They might let it go and very attractive price.

Simi
11-04-13, 23:03
Want can consider their 1 bedder. They might let it go and very attractive price.

unwilling to pay the extra Additional Buyer Stamp Duty

c)(ii) SC who already own# two or more residential properties would have to pay ABSD of 10% on the purchase or acquisition of another residential property.

Ringo33
11-04-13, 23:14
unwilling to pay the extra Additional Buyer Stamp Duty

c)(ii) SC who already own# two or more residential properties would have to pay ABSD of 10% on the purchase or acquisition of another residential property.
remember buying commercial you have to pay 7% GST hor.

DKSG
11-04-13, 23:27
Just a wild guess

Bedok Simpang FH already doing $5,600 +++

Geylang just did $10,000 psf +++

If this one is <$5,000 just grab, confirm make money...

DKSG

Simi
11-04-13, 23:29
remember buying commercial you have to pay 7% GST hor.

Yes

still within affordable range if psf around 2k to 2.3k psf

above that...got to give up the idea :(

Simi
11-04-13, 23:31
Bedok Simpang FH already doing $5,600 +++

Geylang just did $10,000 psf +++

If this one is <$5,000 just grab, confirm make money...

DKSG

DKSG Sir

I will have to stand aside and suck thumb ..LOL

Simi
11-04-13, 23:51
I really did not do my homework

as this posting caught my eye

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=386726&postcount=14

so went on to do my little sum and why not ?

buy a unit for retirement and can sell something in the shop to past time

Now realised how much retail shops are worth,

so embarrashed :ashamed1:

DKSG
12-04-13, 00:06
DKSG Sir

I will have to stand aside and suck thumb ..LOL

Try some resale ones in town or those subsales. I think there are still some good buys.

Not everyone appreciate the value of a FH shop in town. They may just want to flip it to make that $100-$200K, give it to them and you confirm next time make 2-3 times what they make now!

Good Luck!

DKSG

Ringo33
12-04-13, 00:17
If Oxley can sell their commercial space at 4000psf, they should be able to cover their cost en bloc and construction cost. So anything that they sell for the residential could possibly be consider as profit.

Property-NewLaunch
14-04-13, 13:36
77 Triplex units available. 5 Bedrooms, 3 storey with car park and private lift.

Don't Miss!!!

Visit Property-NewLaunch (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/) now for more information.

NEWest @ West Coast (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/newest-west-coast/)

Ringo33
19-04-13, 11:13
was told show flat opening was delayed.

Ringo33
19-04-13, 11:58
some new photos

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7544/photo3nn.jpg

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3204/photo2rto.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9721/photo1obc.jpg

lionhill
19-04-13, 12:46
If Oxley can sell their commercial space at 4000psf, they should be able to cover their cost en bloc and construction cost. So anything that they sell for the residential could possibly be consider as profit.

Impossible, look at the price of Alexandra central. Furthermore, Alexandra centra is 99-year lease, this one is freehold.

However, the retnal yield of these retail units can hardly beat MM.

Checked a 17sqm retail unit at Queesway shopping centre last Dec, asking price was 800k, yet the rental is $1,600 only, and the rate for loan of commecial units is much higher than residental.

To me, I cannot understand why such commercial thing is so popular. unlike residential, rental for commercial units cannot be raised at owners' will even if there is strong demand. Why, quite simple, for residential, no matter how high the cost is, people need a shelter for thermselves. In terms of retail unit, if one cannot make money from it, why bother to rent it? better window shopping everyday.

Ringo33
20-04-13, 07:50
Site plan

http://newest-westcoast.officialnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Newest-Residence-sitemap.jpg

http://newest-westcoast.officialnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Newest-West-Coast-Floorplan-031.jpg

http://newest-westcoast.officialnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Newest-West-Coast-Floorplan-051.jpg
http://newest-westcoast.officialnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Newest-West-Coast-Floorplan-08.jpg

http://newest-westcoast.officialnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Newest-West-Coast-Floorplan-011.jpg

Ringo33
20-04-13, 07:54
http://newest-westcoast.officialnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Newest-Commercial-05.jpg
http://newest-westcoast.officialnewlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Newest-Commercial-05a.jpg

yowetan
20-04-13, 11:55
Hi...May I know what is the indicative psf? TIA.

CondoInterested
20-04-13, 18:45
FH or 999LH? Anyway no much difference.

The design looks good. Except the Triplex Type A1, where your own toilet is above your dinning area, what if the toilet water proofing decide to go for holiday?

Simi
21-04-13, 01:46
Hear say

Retail shops and restaurants - S$6k to S$6.5k psf

Apts - S$1.6k psf

Triplex - S$1.1k psf

Ringo33
22-04-13, 17:57
Hear say

Retail shops and restaurants - S$6k to S$6.5k psf

Apts - S$1.6k psf

Triplex - S$1.1k psf

Very logical strategy. but i am sure I wont touch it. :)

hyenergix
22-04-13, 20:33
Showflat shd b open this Fri-Sat. I like e shops for shopping but will there b parking spaces for customers?

Ringo33
23-04-13, 07:27
Showflat shd b open this Fri-Sat. I like e shops for shopping but will there b parking spaces for customers?

There are 2 carparks in the project, 1 for residence (multi storey) one for shopper (basement) I think.

sunny88
23-04-13, 12:03
Very logical strategy. but i am sure I wont touch it. :)

Why not?:confused:

sunny88
23-04-13, 12:06
What are public transport facilities like in the area?

Any potential rumoured MRT stations lurking in vicinity?

RCT
23-04-13, 12:36

Super ulu place... But good if you want to go AYE to go Tuas.. If want to go AYE to go city then have to go Jurong Town Hall Road.. To go MRT you either cross the expressway and walk 20 min to Clementi.. or take bus to Jurong East/Clementi... But good to know next time will have shop there.. can go there shop shop...

hyenergix
23-04-13, 13:01
There are 2 carparks in the project, 1 for residence (multi storey) one for shopper (basement) I think.

Sounds good. The area won't have too many illegal parking then. I expect the residents staying in nearby landed properties to be fighting with shoppers for parking space.

hyenergix
23-04-13, 13:11

Future West Coast MRT in 202x should be about 500 m walk away towards the Japanese Secondary School, according to skyscrapercity's speculative MRT maps. Final location is subject to soil test though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17760682/MRT2035-2.pdf

Ringo33
23-04-13, 15:00
Sounds good. The area won't have too many illegal parking then. I expect the residents staying in nearby landed properties to be fighting with shoppers for parking space.

Doubt so lah. Landed owner will not pay for parking.

Ringo33
23-04-13, 15:01
Future West Coast MRT in 202x should be about 500 m walk away towards the Japanese Secondary School, according to skyscrapercity's speculative MRT maps. Final location is subject to soil test though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17760682/MRT2035-2.pdf

MRT will be next to Monterrey park condo.

novel
24-04-13, 17:03
although I will be very happy if there is really a West Coast MRT near Monterrey Park Condo but I am afraid it is not in LTA future plan at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Singapore_MRT_stations

updated Dec 2012 Train System Map:
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/img/MRT_SysMp_Dec12.jpg

the so called nearest to West Coast will be Har Par Villa station

Ringo33
24-04-13, 19:06
although I will be very happy if there is really a West Coast MRT near Monterrey Park Condo but I am afraid it is not in LTA future plan at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Singapore_MRT_stations

updated Dec 2012 Train System Map:
http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/img/MRT_SysMp_Dec12.jpg

the so called nearest to West Coast will be Har Par Villa station

You need to updated yourself with Cross Region Line and Jurong Region Line. Where it intercept will be the west coast station interchange.

Ringo33
25-04-13, 05:15
This is another mixed development site from Oxley.

So commercial site for this Newest should be the same or more since its 999LH.

OXLEY Holdings and Lian Beng sold about 60 per cent or 65 of the 107 retail units of The Midtown development in Hougang at the project's preview yesterday. They also found buyers for about 40 of the 160 residential units at Midtown Residences, BT understands.

The 12-storey mixed-development project will come up on the former Hougang Plaza site, which the duo picked up from CapitaMall Trust for $119.1 million last year. The site's lease has been topped up to 99 years.
The 160 residential units are understood to have been priced at around $1,400 per square foot (psf) on average after all discounts. The units range from 441 sq ft for a one-bedroom apartment with a study to 1,572 sq ft for a penthouse.

Absolute prices start at around $660,000 for a one-bedder on a low level, reflecting about $1,500 psf. The priciest unit, a four-bedroom penthouse, costs nearly $2.1 million, which works out to around $1,330 psf. Units at both ends of this spectrum are among those understood to have been sold.

The project's 107 retail units comprise 55 food and beverage (F&B) units, 51 shop units and a supermarket space. The F&B units are duplex spaces with sizes of 721-969 sq ft and are priced at $4,039 psf on average, or between $3,588 psf and $5,013 psf.

Absolute prices of the F&B units are said to start at slightly above $2.8 million for a 786-sq-ft unit; this works out to nearly $3,590 psf. The priciest F&B unit is around $4.3 million (or around $4,460 psf based on its strata area of 958 sq ft).

Shop units span from 258 sq ft to 893 sq ft and cost between $4,687 psf and $6,737 psf; the average price is nearly $5,800 psf. Absolute prices of the shops range from $1.5 million to nearly $4.2 million, BT understands.

Sources suggest that balloting was done for only about half of the 40-odd shop units and only a few of the 20-odd F&B spaces that were sold yesterday.

Gauging from this, as well as the response to Novena Regency released earlier this month, some market watchers are wondering if buying interest in new launches of strata retail units could be starting to thin, compared with the frenzy seen during the release of Alexandra Central in January and Pavilion Square in Geylang Road last month.

Transactions for strata retail units, especially small units, gained momentum in the past couple of years as investors diversified from the residential sector, which has been the target of various rounds of property cooling measures here. Demand has been spurred by the launch of projects with small strata retail units.

Last month, the Urban Redevelopment Authority introduced a minimum average size for retail units of 50 square metres (538 square feet), along with guidelines for minimum corridor widths for retail developments.

Rysk
25-04-13, 07:57
You need to updated yourself with Cross Region Line and Jurong Region Line. Where it intercept will be the west coast station interchange.
The word "West Coast" station keep mentioning.. but sad to say is not within the heartland of West Coast HDB estate whereby the West Coast Plaza (formerly as Ginza Plaza) are right now..

So far almost all the HDB estate will have MRT station.. but not West Coast HDB estate :(

Erick
25-04-13, 13:11
, to be m accurate.

The word "West Coast" station keep mentioning.. but sad to say is not within the heartland of West Coast HDB estate whereby the West Coast Plaza (formerly as Ginza Plaza) are right now..

So far almost all the HDB estate will have MRT station.. but not West Coast HDB estate :(

Property-NewLaunch
25-04-13, 17:13
NEWest@West Coast, Pronounce as New-west is a long awaited project located at 1 West Coast Drive.

NEWest Mix Development consisting of 141 high ceiling Commercial shops at level 1; 59 units 12-storey high residential; And the most important part – a very rare 77 units of Triplex located on top of the commercial units.

Foreigners are*eligible to buy these*Triplex residences in NEWest Condo @ West Coast.

NEWest Triplex is like a 3 storey very beautiful 4 bedroom resort style sky villa. These villas are located on top of the commercial units with it’s own “basement car park” and private lift. This is something you should really see to justify it’s beauty.

Good deals don’t wait! Register NOW at NEWest @ West Coast (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/newest-west-coast/) with your E-mail and Mobile Number for Latest Updates and Pre-Launch Priority Booking!!

Preliminary Fact Sheet For NEWest Condo @ West Coast (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/newest-west-coast/).

* * * * * Project Name: NEWest
* * * * * District: 5
* * * * * Developer:*Oxley Holdings
* * * * * Architect: DP Architects
* * * * * Site Area: approximate 262800sqft
* * * * * Expected TOP: Dec 2017
Unit Mix For NEWest Condo @ West Coast.

* * * * * 141 Commercial units on level 1
* * * * * * * * *44 Restaurants : 646 – 893sqft
* * * * * * * * *65 Retails : 269 – 840 sqft
* * * * * * * * *31 Kiosks : 161 – 58 sqft
* * * * * * * * *1 Supermarket : 3627 sqft
* * * * * 59 Apartments Including 8*Penthouse (12 storey)
* * * * * * * * *1 Bedroom : 30 Units: 466 – 637 sqft
* * * * * * * * *2 Bedroom : 26 Units: 575 – 942 sqft
* * * * * * * * *3 Bedroom : 3 Units: 1229 – 1316 sqft
* * * * * 77 Triplex with Private Lift and car park
* * * * * * * * *4 Bedrooms: 77 Units:*2189 – 2766 Sqft
Why must buy NeWest condo @ West Coast !!
Well connected by *AYE and West Coast Highway.
Mins drive to CBD, Orchard, RWS & MBS.
Minutes walk to clementi mrt.
Potential capital appreciation with future mrt station nearby.
Ultra urban living with everything you need at your doorstep
Ready tenants from SciencePark, NUS, JapaneseSchool, Alexandra Business centre, PSA, Jurong Gateway, NOL.
Efficient*layout without bay windows and planters.
incredible sky villas (triplex houses) that foreigners are eligible for!
Excellent investment with High Rental Yield & Capital Appreciation.

CALL 61001778 OR MESSAGE 98187559 NOW

Thank you,

Ringo33
25-04-13, 23:31

Actual name of the station is not confirmed, but location wise it should be there because having a station there will not just serves residents at west coast, pandan area, but more importantly rip huge reward for the government when they launch those empty lands for development.

Those living to west coast plaza will unlikely to get any station along that busy and narrow stretch of west coast road due to space constraint. Speculation at the other forum is that this "west coast" station will in future link up with Haw Par station to create an alternative route from west to the city. So the future station serving Clementi West (as it is called) will be along west coast highway instead.

I think this is highly possible because the pasir panjang PSA port will eventually be vacant out for future development.

mcmlxxvi
26-04-13, 07:57
i must be darn slow...

just realised this condo name is Newest.

imagine 20yrs later... would be such an oxymoron.

Ringo33
26-04-13, 12:42
i must be darn slow...

just realised this condo name is Newest.

imagine 20yrs later... would be such an oxymoron.

I think Oxley ah beng tow kay meant it to be NEW WEST

mcmlxxvi
26-04-13, 13:07
I think Oxley ah beng tow kay meant it to be NEW WEST

EPIC FAIL :doh:

I can alredy imagine where cab drivers would be taking the future residents. To the newest condo in the area.

yowetan
26-04-13, 14:30
Hi...this development is terrific; I am keen in this project.

Ringo33
26-04-13, 14:41

You can't afford it.

Matador
26-04-13, 16:12
Yeah, You Yowe . . Tan Ku Ku. wait for the crash that you'd been hoping for. It could come in 50 years. Still worth waiting, yeah?

mygeemeel
26-04-13, 19:33

You do realise that many people see you no up?

Rysk
26-04-13, 20:13
Actual name of the station is not confirmed, but location wise it should be there because having a station there will not just serves residents at west coast, pandan area, but more importantly rip huge reward for the government when they launch those empty lands for development.

Those living to west coast plaza will unlikely to get any station along that busy and narrow stretch of west coast road due to space constraint. Speculation at the other forum is that this "west coast" station will in future link up with Haw Par station to create an alternative route from west to the city. So the future station serving Clementi West (as it is called) will be along west coast highway instead.

I think this is highly possible because the pasir panjang PSA port will eventually be vacant out for future development.

If there's a future link up from "west coast" stn to Haw Par stn via west coast highway.. maybe one of the station is somewhere near west coast highway macdonald?? To serve the residents of Seahill/The Vision/Blue Horizon..:scared-5:

Sorry I tok kok only :D

Ringo33
26-04-13, 21:04
If there's a future link up from "west coast" stn to Haw Par stn via west coast highway.. maybe one of the station is somewhere near west coast highway macdonald?? To serve the residents of Seahill/The Vision/Blue Horizon..:scared-5:

Sorry I tok kok only :D

Yes, thats a possibly location. Government still has got 2 plot of land in that area for tender. but this wont happen till everything on JRL and CRL have been finalized. Could be another 5 years or so.

yowetan
26-04-13, 21:11
Hi...I am keen in this place and will drop by this weekend and check out the place.

mygeemeel
26-04-13, 23:54
Hi...I am keen in this place and will drop by this weekend and check out the place.

They are expecting you. Your photo has been registered as VVIP.

Ringo33
27-04-13, 08:48
heard showflat was open yesterday.

yowetan
28-04-13, 13:51
Hi...how is the sales and response from the public?

Property-NewLaunch
28-04-13, 14:20
Response is very good since Friday. Please feel free to contact 61001778 or message 98187559

Thank you.
Http://www.property-newlaunch.com/

mygeemeel
28-04-13, 17:12
Hi...how is the sales and response from the public?

You should not visit any showflats. They are afraid you would preach price crash. But if price crash, will you still be employed??

Htfreak
28-04-13, 21:56
Who thinks that the commercial units will become white elephants as the majority of investors are probably more keen on flipping than finding tenants. Moreover I'm not certain of the commercial viability of the location given it's close proximity to Jurong Gateway. Having seen the pathetic commercial situation at Alexis, it may turn out to be the same.

hyenergix
29-04-13, 13:17
I have just visited the showflat.

1 bedder/studio is about $1700 psf, 3 bedder is about $1600 psf, and the cluster house is about $1100 psf. There are very limited number of apartments. Furnishing is average so the key attractions are proximity to the schools and Jurong Lake District, 956 LH, shops below+market nearby, and height of 3.3m to the false ceiling.

There will be close to about 100 parking lots at the basement for the shoppers. In addition there will be shuttle bus to the Clementi MRT. It should also attract some lunchtime driving customers from Jurong Lake District and Pandan Loop. This should ensure some flow of customers to the shops.

bargain hunter
29-04-13, 13:34
how many sold so far?

1 bedder/studio is about $1700 psf, 3 bedder is about $1600 psf, and the cluster house is about $1100 psf. There are very limited number of apartments. Furnishing is average so the key attractions are proximity to the schools and Jurong Lake District, 956 LH, shops below+market nearby, and height of 3.3m to the false ceiling.

There will be close to about 100 parking lots at the basement for the shoppers. In addition there will be shuttle bus to the Clementi MRT. It should also attract some lunchtime driving customers from Jurong Lake District and Pandan Loop. This should ensure some flow of customers to the shops.

hyenergix
29-04-13, 13:36
how many sold so far?

VVIP on 10 May tentatively. I understand quite a lot of cheques are received. The apartments should be the first to go since there are very limited units.

DKSG
29-04-13, 14:28
Who thinks that the commercial units will become white elephants as the majority of investors are probably more keen on flipping than finding tenants. Moreover I'm not certain of the commercial viability of the location given it's close proximity to Jurong Gateway. Having seen the pathetic commercial situation at Alexis, it may turn out to be the same.

Just drove around Alexis area over the weekends, the commercial units are slowly starting to pick up. Tenants moving in.

In Singapore, I think there is a lack of commercial units. Population keeps going up but amenities are not going up at the same rate. In the past 5-7 years, there are too many commercial building torn down to make way for residential.

DKSG

Htfreak
29-04-13, 15:41
My opinion on commercial viability still boils down to location. Both Alexis and Newest location were previously white sites with commercial activities that frankly did not do well. Most of the so-called shops ended up becoming offices or storage locations. Unlike a mixed development like Seletar V which has a strong retail management unit, these strata units developments tend to be headless chickens. Coupled with low customer base and not too ideal locations, it will end up just like their predecessor developments. Just my two cents.

Ringo33
29-04-13, 17:07

@ 6000psf for a tiny shop lot, it will be very difficult to make money selling food for lunch crowd unless you have enough seating capacity to capitalized on the sudden burst in human traffic.

Did you ask how much they are going to charge for the parking? And where does the parking collection going to?

DKSG
29-04-13, 17:27
@ 6000psf for a tiny shop lot, it will be very difficult to make money selling food for lunch crowd unless you have enough seating capacity to capitalized on the sudden burst in human traffic.

Did you ask how much they are going to charge for the parking? And where does the parking collection going to?

$6,000 considered humane price lo !

Currently - Novena area hit $10,000 psf, Geylang also hit $10,000 psf, Robinson Road hit $9,800 psf !

DKSG

hyenergix
29-04-13, 17:38

My guess is all prices will go up quite fast over the next few years to cover rental. The restaurants are decently-sized. I didn't ask about parking, I was just a busybody at the showflat to gauge the capital appreciation of Hundred Trees upon TOP in June. The shuttle bus will attract residents in the area who might be encouraged to shop more there. The good thing is the mall's internal common areas will be air-conditioned.

Ringo33
29-04-13, 17:42
$6,000 considered humane price lo !

Currently - Novena area hit $10,000 psf, Geylang also hit $10,000 psf, Robinson Road hit $9,800 psf !

DKSG

Novena, Geylang and Robinson all have got existing human traffic to support such high price, but for this site the only people that goes there at the moment are nearby residents who uses the bus stop.

anyway, its pretty obvious that Oxley are moving from MM apartment to MM shop lot.

DKSG
29-04-13, 17:52
Novena, Geylang and Robinson all have got existing human traffic to support such high price, but for this site the only people that goes there at the moment are nearby residents who uses the bus stop.

anyway, its pretty obvious that Oxley are moving from MM apartment to MM shop lot.

And I think they are quite successful so far.

Maybe can buy their shares instead of their properties!

Haha!

DKSG

lionhill
29-04-13, 17:52
My guess is all prices will go up quite fast over the next few years to cover rental. The restaurants are decently-sized. I didn't ask about parking, I was just a busybody at the showflat to gauge the capital appreciation of Hundred Trees upon TOP in June. The shuttle bus will attract residents in the area who might be encouraged to shop more there. The good thing is the mall's internal common areas will be air-conditioned.
If I had money, will support you to buy hundred tree at $1400 PSF, instead of this one at $1600.

HT people can also go shopping at NeWest, right?

hyenergix
29-04-13, 17:59
If I had money, will support you to buy hundred tree at $1400 PSF, instead of this one at $1600.

HT people can also go shopping at NeWest, right?

I already have a unit there. Also use the free shuttle and free air-con :p

lionhill
29-04-13, 18:14
Free air-con, sure.

free shuttle? they may check your pass.

Ringo33
29-04-13, 18:16

you mean HT doesnt have free shuttle to Clementi?

Ringo33
29-04-13, 18:18
Free air-con, sure.

free shuttle? they may check your pass.

if got free shuttle to MRT, it will be nightmare because all the landed residents there will come to get free ride back and forth.

hyenergix
29-04-13, 20:03
you mean HT doesnt have free shuttle to Clementi?

Not tt I know of. Less than 400 units at HT, so prob it is too expensive to run shuttle bus.

hyenergix
29-04-13, 20:04
if got free shuttle to MRT, it will be nightmare because all the landed residents there will come to get free ride back and forth.

I agree. There will always b e issue of free riders. Same thing happens to West Coast Plaza free shuttle.

Ringo33
29-04-13, 21:16
Not tt I know of. Less than 400 units at HT, so prob it is too expensive to run shuttle bus.

where will be the nearest bus stop to catch a ride to Clementi MRT?

hyenergix
29-04-13, 21:50
where will be the nearest bus stop to catch a ride to Clementi MRT?

Never explore as I'm driving. Walk to MRT is prob 10-
-15 min.

bargain hunter
10-05-13, 11:00
has this been launched yet? how come no one update this thread liao?

Ringo33
10-05-13, 18:25
also wondering why so quite. If they wait too long then it wont be the Newest condo in the west liao because MCL is going to launch they J Gateway later this month. :)

yowetan
10-05-13, 20:20
Hi...the crash has began.

Ringo33
10-05-13, 20:27

stock market is charging ahead, how to crash?

Erick
10-05-13, 21:35
qu8te bcoz still collecting interest or check, will launch untill looks good

DKSG
11-05-13, 12:39
qu8te bcoz still collecting interest or check, will launch untill looks good

I thought now cannot collect chq anymore ?

DKSG

DKSG
11-05-13, 12:41

Yea man! The crash of money sitting in bank accounts!
I must admit I also got some money in bank accounts.

But Korea also starting to print and print and Japan print mega tons of paper money. I am getting sick worried about my cash being crashed in the bank accounts! And if u take out to buy property now, the government also will crash some of it (not little hor?!)

Like that how ?

Poor cash waiting to be crashed!

DKSG

mygeemeel
11-05-13, 14:13

Do you realise you are a poor bloke? Crash or no crash, you just cannot afford anything.

felicia_sg
11-05-13, 17:11
Better buy something using your spare cash before they become banana money! :scared-2:

Yea man! The crash of money sitting in bank accounts!
I must admit I also got some money in bank accounts.

But Korea also starting to print and print and Japan print mega tons of paper money. I am getting sick worried about my cash being crashed in the bank accounts! And if u take out to buy property now, the government also will crash some of it (not little hor?!)

Like that how ?

Poor cash waiting to be crashed!

DKSG

bargain hunter
21-05-13, 13:07
launched liao why no one update sales at all?

yowetan
21-05-13, 14:48

Newest is a good development and concept but the quantum is too high.

starrynight
21-05-13, 19:00
Answer is cos the sales aren't great :)

I went to the showflat today after work. Observations:
very quiet - only 2 other prospective clients
lawn outside the showflat has wild grass growing all over - just doesn't feel classy
they said they previously put up the "sold" stickers on the commercial units, but removed them. Leads me to believe that sales have not been great. Asked them how well sold, and they were evasive - I think the kiosk units (around 250 sq ft, just under $8000 psf) have been almost all sold except 2, but the other ones are under 50% sold (around $7,000 psf). The supermarket unit is also unsold.
for residential, most of the units in the tall block are sold. All 1-bedders sold except for 2 units, almost all 2-bedders sold. 1 bedders are around $1600psf for the 450 sq ft units. Maintenance for the 1-bedder is $300.
they have 3 rows of 4-bedder triplex units. Distance between opposite blocks is apparently only 7m!! You better hope your neighbour is nubile and not an old auntie. They disingeniously made the centra block "ghosted" so it looks like the space between blocks is bigger. I think the triplex units have not sold well.All in all, not my cup of tea. Does not feel classy. They advertise the development as being "almost freehold" :p

Ringo33
21-05-13, 19:55
Answer is cos the sales aren't great :)

I went to the showflat today after work. Observations:
very quiet - only 2 other prospective clients
lawn outside the showflat has wild grass growing all over - just doesn't feel classy
they said they previously put up the "sold" stickers on the commercial units, but removed them. Leads me to believe that sales have not been great. Asked them how well sold, and they were evasive - I think the kiosk units (around 250 sq ft, just under $8000 psf) have been almost all sold except 2, but the other ones are under 50% sold (around $7,000 psf). The supermarket unit is also unsold.
for residential, most of the units in the tall block are sold. All 1-bedders sold except for 2 units, almost all 2-bedders sold. 1 bedders are around $1600psf for the 450 sq ft units. Maintenance for the 1-bedder is $300.
they have 3 rows of 4-bedder triplex units. Distance between opposite blocks is apparently only 7m!! You better hope your neighbour is nubile and not an old auntie. They disingeniously made the centra block "ghosted" so it looks like the space between blocks is bigger. I think the triplex units have not sold well.All in all, not my cup of tea. Does not feel classy. They advertise the development as being "almost freehold" :p

this one developers sure win lah. retail cannot sell, just keep it for rental income.

Did they tell you who is going to manage the car park?

starrynight
21-05-13, 20:27
Re car park, I didn't ask. Or was that a rhetorical question? :)

They were using BS numbers for the commercial rental. Basically ($30psf x 280 sq ft x 12 months) divided by $2m = 5%, which isn't even very great, even with the inflated numbers.

this one developers sure win lah. retail cannot sell, just keep it for rental income.

Did they tell you who is going to manage the car park?

yowetan
21-05-13, 20:35
Hi...I think it is unfair to bash Newest development.

sunboy77
21-05-13, 22:05
Hi...I think it is unfair to bash Newest development.
????????? .

mygeemeel
21-05-13, 22:14
????????? .

I had the same thought when i read that kuku bird's message. Well he is full of crap. :banghead:

Ringo33
21-05-13, 22:15
Re car park, I didn't ask. Or was that a rhetorical question? :)

They were using BS numbers for the commercial rental. Basically ($30psf x 280 sq ft x 12 months) divided by $2m = 5%, which isn't even very great, even with the inflated numbers.

because this is mixed commercial with parking, it will be interested to know who will manage and collect the parking fee.

As for the town houses, I think their layout is

(AYE) LK KL KL (West Coast)
L = Living K = Kitchen,

so there will be no Living facing Living situation. But still very close.

mygeemeel
22-05-13, 00:29
As a matter of fact, the units/developments facing AYE are under price pressure. Compare Botannia with Infiniti/Carabelle.

I am still wondering if HT can hold its current price.

starrynight
22-05-13, 08:40
Thanks for the enlightenment! :)

So, in most such developments, does the parking fee (either directly or a cut of it) end up with the MCST, or does the developer take it?

because this is mixed commercial with parking, it will be interested to know who will manage and collect the parking fee.

As for the town houses, I think their layout is

(AYE) LK KL KL (West Coast)
L = Living K = Kitchen,

so there will be no Living facing Living situation. But still very close.

hyenergix
22-05-13, 09:33
As a matter of fact, the units/developments facing AYE are under price pressure. Compare Botannia with Infiniti/Carabelle.

I am still wondering if HT can hold its current price.

Not an issue. Prices will continue to increase.

Wait for the more traffic jam and new ERP gantries to come.

http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=e3b20d98-64ee-47ee-858e-5faa0df75e97

Ringo33
22-05-13, 15:46
Not an issue. Prices will continue to increase.

http://app.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=e3b20d98-64ee-47ee-858e-5faa0df75e97

The timing of the ERP doesnt make much sense to me. How can they divert traffic from AYE to west coast highway before they complete the widening of West Coast highway (near Pandan) and the pandan circus flyover.

mygeemeel
22-05-13, 15:53

I think with the traffic jam, there should be less road noise since driving speed would be turtle pace. Noise polution would decrease. Ok, i agree property prices will increase.

hyenergix
22-05-13, 16:59
I think with the traffic jam, there should be less road noise since driving speed would be turtle pace. Noise polution would decrease. Ok, i agree property prices will increase.

No choice, with 6.9 mil, definitely there will be more cars, more roads and more buildings. It is either you face the road or you face your neighbours. Even sea facing is not a guarantee, going by the land reclamation plans.

Due to the worsening commuting issues that are to come, more people will shift closer to their workplace, parents and schools. I'm projecting that D5 condos will enjoy good demand for housing with the rise of JLD and increase in number of companies in Tuas area. After all, not many plots of land in the west are available for future condos :D

Ringo33
22-05-13, 17:51
No choice, with 6.9 mil, definitely there will be more cars, more roads and more buildings. It is either you face the road or you face your neighbours. Even sea facing is not a guarantee, going by the land reclamation plans.

Due to the worsening commuting issues that are to come, more people will shift closer to their workplace, parents and schools. I'm projecting that D5 condos will enjoy good demand for housing with the rise of JLD and increase in number of companies in Tuas area. After all, not many plots of land in the west are available for future condos :D

as I have said before, D5 is the closest 999 property to JLD. For any Singaporeans wanting to buy a place near JLD, they will sure have to consider D5 first.

Actually in 10 years time when PSA shift to Tuas, traffic should gets better because there will be minimal trailer moving around for transhipment.

starrynight
22-05-13, 17:51
That's what I thought too. But I realised they have no practical solutions; someone just proposes a theoretical solution which looks good on paper, and in any event they make some money.

FYI, there have been "traffic observers" (that's what their fluoro vests say) on the various overhead bridges in the eastbound direction in the mornings on the stretch of AYE from Infiniti till NUS High the past few days. Guess it's a related exercise.

The timing of the ERP doesnt make much sense to me. How can they divert traffic from AYE to west coast highway before they complete the widening of West Coast highway (near Pandan) and the pandan circus flyover.

Ringo33
22-05-13, 17:58
That's what I thought too. But I realised they have no practical solutions; someone just proposes a theoretical solution which looks good on paper, and in any event they make some money.

FYI, there have been "traffic observers" (that's what their fluoro vests say) on the various overhead bridges in the eastbound direction in the mornings on the stretch of AYE from Infiniti till NUS High the past few days. Guess it's a related exercise.

I believe their plan is to divert traffic from AYE to West Coast highway which at the moment is under utilize because there are no exit route from Haw Par till Keppel.

starrynight
22-05-13, 18:57
You are right. They are also going to start that diversion through Faber to Commonwealth Ave West. But I wonder how useful both re-routes will be.

I stay in Jurong West and work at Harbourfront; I have tried using West Coast Highway a number of times, but traffic flow is very slow, with quite a few traffic lights. For me, it will probably be slower via West Coast Highway than braving the AYE.

It used to be (around 1.5 years ago) that I would have somewhat smooth traffic as long as I am around Infiniti by 0715... now, the stretch from Inifiniti to NUS High is slow even at 0650...

On a related topic, I have never found out how traffic can possibly come to a full stop on the fastest lane in the expressway. How is the first monkey in the line who actually fully stops? Is it to allow another car to get into his / her lane?

I believe their plan is to divert traffic from AYE to West Coast highway which at the moment is under utilize because there are no exit route from Haw Par till Keppel.

hyenergix
22-05-13, 21:38
Usu e trucks will b in 3rd lane, e vans will b in 2nd lane, n e cars can only take first lane. In between e lanes u have bikes.

When e cars in first lane want to exit, they will b partially blocked by e slow 2nd lane vans, n fast bikes in between e lanes, so they have to slow down tremendously. How to move fast eh?

The solution is trucks n vans cannot travel in expressways during peak hours.

Ringo33
22-05-13, 21:43
Usu e trucks will b in 3rd lane, e vans will b in 2nd lane, n e cars can only take first lane. In between e lanes u have bikes.

When e cars in first lane want to exit, they will b partially blocked by e slow 2nd lane vans, n fast bikes in between e lanes, so they have to slow down tremendously. How to move fast eh?

this will cripple Singapore's position as a logistic hub

hyenergix
22-05-13, 22:43
this will cripple Singapore's position as a logistic hub

This is y I wonder y e govt wants to shift e container terminals to Tuas. It is going to b v costly exercise n prob a mistake. The jam will slow down e movement of goods n create cost pressure for companies. It will worsen e jam. I hope I'm wrong.

starrynight
22-05-13, 22:48
Actually, on the AYE in the morning, from around NUS to Portsdown, sometimes the slowest lane is the fastest one, cos the (i) monkeys in the fastest lane will come to a crawl near the non-working speed camera near NUH, and (ii) trucks are mostly on the 2nd-fastest lane :)

Ringo33
22-05-13, 22:56
This is y I wonder y e govt wants to shift e container terminals to Tuas. It is going to b v costly exercise n prob a mistake. The jam will slow down e movement of goods n create cost pressure for companies. It will worsen e jam. I hope I'm wrong.

actually its the opposite. Being one of the world top transhipment hub, by consolidating all our ports into one location, we will be more efficient and productive because we will spend less time and resources to move containers around.

At the moment if a ship call at Keppel, to catch a ship in West Coast port, they will have to unload, reload on the trailer, pull it out of port, drive to west coast port, unload and then reload onto another vessel

With a fully integrate port, you will just unload from one ship and and then reload, all within the port.

hyenergix
22-05-13, 22:59
What abt e mfg plants in e east n other parts of e island? Pp also need to buy goods leh. We also need food n consumer products.

hyenergix
22-05-13, 23:02
Actually, on the AYE in the morning, from around NUS to Portsdown, sometimes the slowest lane is the fastest one, cos the (i) monkeys in the fastest lane will come to a crawl near the non-working speed camera near NUH, and (ii) trucks are mostly on the 2nd-fastest lane :)

ERP will make staying in e D5 more attractive bcoz JLD is pretty self contained. Ok, this is my wish :D

Ringo33
22-05-13, 23:13
What abt e mfg plants in e east n other parts of e island? Pp also need to buy goods leh. We also need food n consumer products.

those located in the east tend to use more air freight transportation then those in the West, hence you can see that there are many logistic companies located in the east to facilitate the income and out going cargo.

Things like electronic, automotive spare parts, etc

Anyway, in Singapore our export cargo is very negligible as compared to the number of cargo we move around for transhipment.

starrynight
23-05-13, 08:45
That's correct. Idea is to group all the ports in 1 place so that trans-shipment between terminals is much faster. That is the main selling point of Hutchison buying the competitor terminal in HK recently, for example. If things are timed well, you can even transfer from 1 ship to another ship without stacking them in the container yard.

And also correct on Singapore primarily being a trans-shipment hub, i.e. domestic export and imports are small as % of total. A lot of the haulage we see is actually trans-shipment between Keppel, PP and Tuas, hence the elevated highway on the Keppel to PP stretch, with an exit at Keppel right into the container terminals.

That said, quite a lot of heavy vehicles are not container trucks - in the mornings, you see a lot of buses, petroleum product tankers, Natsteel flatbed trailers, Pan-United cement trucks, ship-chandler lorries, etc. You can't possibly get rid of those.

actually its the opposite. Being one of the world top transhipment hub, by consolidating all our ports into one location, we will be more efficient and productive because we will spend less time and resources to move containers around.

At the moment if a ship call at Keppel, to catch a ship in West Coast port, they will have to unload, reload on the trailer, pull it out of port, drive to west coast port, unload and then reload onto another vessel

With a fully integrate port, you will just unload from one ship and and then reload, all within the port.

hyenergix
23-05-13, 09:04

Hope you are right on this. I shall study impact of the future shift of the terminals in greater detail.

SQ008
23-05-13, 21:16
I stay near there but never once did I even go to Hong Leong gardens for dinner even though there was supposed a good jap rest there. Rather off the way.

hyenergix
23-05-13, 21:18
I stay near there but never once did I even go to Hong Leong gardens for dinner even though there was supposed a good jap rest there. Rather off the way.

Prob better and more shops next time.

yowetan
23-05-13, 21:24
Hi...how's Newest sales so far? Today is the stock market crash. I wonder if it impacts today's sale?

chestnut
24-05-13, 06:11

The reason lies in this paper.....

http://www.ura.gov.sg/interim/report1.pdf

hyenergix
24-05-13, 19:59
The reason lies in this paper.....

http://www.ura.gov.sg/interim/report1.pdf

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately (1) the year 2000 report was grossly out-dated with the pro-immigration policy around year 2005 and election result in 2012, and (2) we are facing severe housing, transportation and other issues today. Either the government din take up the recommendations or the recommendations were wrong.

chestnut
24-05-13, 21:14
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately (1) the year 2000 report was grossly out-dated with the pro-immigration policy around year 2005 and election result in 2012, and (2) we are facing severe housing, transportation and other issues today. Either the government din take up the recommendations or the recommendations were wrong.

Sis, a lot went as planned... Ubin, park connector, port, etc... Only the population.

hyenergix
24-05-13, 21:28
Sis, a lot went as planned... Ubin, park connector, port, etc... Only the population.

I'm projecting a lot of areas will face worse grid lock during peak hours, thereby forcing workers to move closer to their workplace. Tuas and Jurong have e highest concentration of companies. If e Keppel n Pasir Panjang ports shift to Tuas, it is even better for me. I just wonder is it better to spread e shipping volume among three ports rather than have it just at one big port.

Ringo33
24-05-13, 21:59
I'm projecting a lot of areas will face worse grid lock during peak hours, thereby forcing workers to move closer to their workplace. Tuas and Jurong have e highest concentration of companies. If e Keppel n Pasir Panjang ports shift to Tuas, it is even better for me. I just wonder is it better to spread e shipping volume among three ports rather than have it just at one big port.

It is not going to be one big port, it will be several ports operate independently but located in one location, so that transhipment container will be contain within the port area. Very similar to how Jurong Island operate.

This will help free up AYE and West Coast highway for other purpose

hyenergix
25-05-13, 06:31
It is not going to be one big port, it will be several ports operate independently but located in one location, so that transhipment container will be contain within the port area. Very similar to how Jurong Island operate.

This will help free up AYE and West Coast highway for other purpose

Difficult to imagine how crowded the sea lanes will be. Prob collision might arise.

Ringo33
25-05-13, 07:54
Difficult to imagine how crowded the sea lanes will be. Prob collision might arise.

Not really if the port could speed up the transhipment process then more ships will be able to get through hence reduces congestion. the new port s also design for the super large carrier.

Simi
25-05-13, 10:34
Hi...how's Newest sales so far? Today is the stock market crash. I wonder if it impacts today's sale?

No idea how

but if you go down to the showroom and tell them that market crashed

maybe they will give you a 30% discount

for further discount of 10% if you tell them Gold also crashed

yowetan
26-05-13, 12:34
No idea how

but if you go down to the showroom and tell them that market crashed

maybe they will give you a 30% discount

for further discount of 10% if you tell them Gold also crashed

Newest is a terrific project - it is accessible to future JLD and within 1km to Nan Hua Primary school. It has access to AYE and West coast highway.

It is indeed a good project, though it is missing a tad bit of tranquility Mt Sinai possess.

DKSG
27-05-13, 00:38
Newest is a terrific project - it is accessible to future JLD and within 1km to Nan Hua Primary school. It has access to AYE and West coast highway.

It is indeed a good project, though it is missing a tad bit of tranquility Mt Sinai possess.

Those missing a tad of whatever is nearly fully sold at $1,600++ psf ...
When you work out what that means for Mt Sinai, I think it is nearing $1,900 psf ... moving further and further away ...

DKSG

Property-NewLaunch
03-06-13, 11:29
Units selling fast.... Last unit of 1 bedroom left.

2 bedroom units - FULLY SOLD

PENTHOUSES - FULLY SOLD

Don't miss. Visit NEWest @ West Coast (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/newest-west-coast/) NOW!

Best Regards,

Ringo33
14-06-13, 19:27
NEWEST WEST COAST DRIVE Apartment 1 $ 760,800 474sqft Strata 1,606psf Jun-13

Coolstuff
15-06-13, 07:54
NEWEST WEST COAST DRIVE Apartment 1 $ 760,800 474sqft Strata 1,606psf Jun-13

How many % sold?

Ringo33
15-06-13, 16:59
How many % sold?

not sure, but according to some forummers, most 1 bedders are sold.

Ringo33
21-06-13, 18:35
2013-06-11#XX-XXNew Sale 2,551sqft $970psf $2,474,500.

Ringo33
27-06-13, 00:25
2013-06-14 Shop 280sqft $6,303psf $1,764,000
2013-06-03 Shop 151sqft $7,215psf $1,087,200

hyenergix
27-06-13, 05:26
2013-06-14 Shop 280sqft $6,303psf $1,764,000
2013-06-03 Shop 151sqft $7,215psf $1,087,200

The buyers are going to rent out a 280 sqft shop at minimum $6k a month? What type of merchandise can justify this rent?

Coolstuff
27-06-13, 10:40
When I was there to look see, agent told me bengawan solo bought a shop there.

hyenergix
27-06-13, 11:36
When I was there to look see, agent told me bengawan solo bought a shop there.

That is good. I usually receive a lot of BengawanSolo vouchers.

bargain hunter
15-07-13, 13:54
23 more sold at 1399psf median in June.

51 (i assume all are cluster houses?) out of 136 to go.

Ringo33
15-07-13, 20:34

this project should benefit from the J Gateway effect.

wirehtc
15-07-13, 21:30

Strangely so.

bargain hunter
15-07-13, 22:58
not strange at all right?

cluster houses have gone off the boil with all the cooling measures affecting quantum.

this project's cluster houses are even more mickey mouse (expectedly) than other cluster houses. haha

Strangely so.

wirehtc
16-07-13, 06:57
not strange at all right?

cluster houses have gone off the boil with all the cooling measures affecting quantum.

this project's cluster houses are even more mickey mouse (expectedly) than other cluster houses. haha

The clusters are mostly around $3 mil. Not cheap.

Ringo33
30-07-13, 00:02
20 Jun 2013 1 West Coast Drive #XX-XX New Sale Shop 3,477sqft Strata 3,451psf $12,000,000

Supermarket lot sold for 12m?

Ringo33
01-08-13, 13:41
Heard Newest is offering discount for residential and commercial units.

Property-NewLaunch
09-08-13, 10:34
Attractive discount! Limited Units only!

http://www.property-newlaunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/[email protected]

Please click on NEWest @ West Coast (http://www.property-newlaunch.com/newest-west-coast/) or contact 61001778 for more information today.

Warmest Regards,

Ringo33
18-10-13, 15:45
I was told that residential units for this projects are fully sold, only left with commercial units.

bargain hunter
18-10-13, 15:47
13% price cut for the cluster houses did the trick. 16 poor buyers who bought in june got shortchanged.

Ringo33
18-10-13, 15:52
13% price cut for the cluster houses did the trick. 16 poor buyers who bought in june got shortchanged.

Developer huat big time on this project.

proud owner
18-10-13, 16:21
Developer huat big time on this project.

I hear there are still a lot of enquiries on this projects...apparently those who hesitated now regretting no buying when given the discount ...

stalingrad
18-10-13, 16:40
I was told that residential units for this projects are fully sold, only left with commercial units.

The space for a supermarket has been sold.

Ringo33
18-10-13, 16:42
I hear there are still a lot of enquiries on this projects...apparently those who hesitated now regretting no buying when given the discount ...

I think the developers are smart to get rid of the residential component first and then slowly milk the commercial units.

Ringo33
18-10-13, 16:44
The space for a supermarket has been sold.

that one been sold long ago.