PDA

View Full Version : So much cash in Singapore

phantom_opera
12-03-13, 18:13
There was $519 billion in cash sitting in Singapore banks as at end-December last year. This rose to $528 billion at the end of January 2013. "If you stack that amount in $100 bills, the height will be two-and-a-half times that of the Singapore Flyer," he said.
All this cash is earning next to nothing in the banks. "This is the dilemma facing many investors - their investments are at a standstill but their investment goals remain the same," noted Mr Tan at a media conference this week entitled "Time to take stock".
According to data compiled by Morningstar, investors have been taking funds out of Asian equity mutual funds in each of the past five years. In total, some US$113 billion (S$141 billion) has been withdrawn from the funds.

=> looks like still got many people enjoying fixed deposits

radha08
12-03-13, 18:18
Thats why we need so many cm...

Patra01
12-03-13, 18:31
Yeah, I don't have much more knowledge about the Singapore money market, but I can say that Singapore is growing rapidly and more investors are focusing Singapore as their best investment options. However the future investment options in Singapore are very well as their are lots of start up and corporate business opportunities will be available.

Have a great business day!

minority
13-03-13, 00:57
Yeah, I don't have much more knowledge about the Singapore money market, but I can say that Singapore is growing rapidly and more investors are focusing Singapore as their best investment options. However the future investment options in Singapore are very well as their are lots of start up and corporate business opportunities will be available.

Have a great business day!

Really? not if u cant hire anyone in singapore. :)

cheerful
13-03-13, 10:27
There was $519 billion in cash sitting in Singapore banks as at end-December last year. This rose to $528 billion at the end of January 2013. "If you stack that amount in $100 bills, the height will be two-and-a-half times that of the Singapore Flyer," he said.
All this cash is earning next to nothing in the banks. "This is the dilemma facing many investors - their investments are at a standstill but their investment goals remain the same," noted Mr Tan at a media conference this week entitled "Time to take stock".
According to data compiled by Morningstar, investors have been taking funds out of Asian equity mutual funds in each of the past five years. In total, some US$113 billion (S$141 billion) has been withdrawn from the funds.

=> looks like still got many people enjoying fixed deposits

Could anyone please be kind enough to share what does that mean? Asian equity mutual funds are basically like unit trust correct?

Btw, izit more CASH in the system than equity mkt meh? Thought people have already spent their money on properties or right now busy buying shares lei :confused: