PDA

View Full Version : OMG i just got hit by inflation...

radha08
09-03-13, 16:32
Sitting at parkway parade basement food court...1 small plate chinese rojak and 1 tea cost me $6.80...and i NOT even full..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Damm...worst part when i use $50 to pay bill stall holder ask me u got small change...:doh::doh::doh:

Give up...if HDB drop 30% will MY rojak drop 30%...:D:D:D

RCT
09-03-13, 16:37
Now a days spending in Singapore is really expensive.. That is why I don't spend in Singapore.. I only eat hawker food and take public transport in Singapore.. hahaha.. Why? I hate playing tax..

Eat in restaurant means that I never get much service also need to pay 10% service charge.. :doh:

Buy car means I need to pay high COE which is alway tax.:doh:

I think the best way is to work and save in Singapore and spend in other country... hahahaha

buttercarp
09-03-13, 16:47
Sitting at parkway parade basement food court...1 small plate chinese rojak and 1 tea cost me $6.80...and i NOT even full..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Damm...worst part when i use $50 to pay bill stall holder ask me u got small change...:doh::doh::doh:

I ate at Yoshinoya at L1.
I ordered the set meal.
Got drink and soup too.
I think it was $7.90.
Felt so full after that.
No need to eat for the rest of the day!

radha08
09-03-13, 16:56
I ordered the set meal.
Got drink and soup too.
I think it was $7.90.
Felt so full after that.

Know what u mean I ate at sakura last week. ..very
Very full but spent 30 bucks...:D

Laguna
09-03-13, 17:06
I just packed for my helper one mee gorge $7

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 17:18
you guys should go upstairs Ah Wang and eat breakfast Nasi Lemak. then whole day dun need to eat.

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 17:20
btw, u guys notice one Ah Soh always go starbuck drink coffee, read newspaper and nap there every morning bo?

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 17:21
sometimes can see Yvonne Lim there also. wonder u guys lucky like me bo.

azeoprop
09-03-13, 17:45
Nowadays I prefer to eat at hawker centers and coffee shops. Cheaper and better quality food than food courts. Restaurants, I prefer those family owned establishments without gst and service charges.

:D

yowetan
09-03-13, 17:50
My family sharing home-cooked food, and we are well-governed by finance discipline and ensure the food is properly processed and served.

radha08
09-03-13, 18:51
My family sharing home-cooked food, and we are well-governed by finance discipline and ensure the food is properly processed and served.

Cheers bro you are my role model thats why today i am eating home cooked food....menu is Mutton mysore,Aloo Gobi(cauliflower and potattoes) and saag paneer(spinach with paneer) and of course chapatis....all cooked at homes...washed down with a nice bottle of hammer and tongs shiraz....:D:D:D

Probably sounds like alien food to ..but shiokest...:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

phantom_opera
09-03-13, 18:52
I ordered the set meal.
Got drink and soup too.
I think it was $7.90.
Felt so full after that.
yoshinoya at Beijing is so much better and cheaper

Komo
09-03-13, 18:59
Now a days spending in Singapore is really expensive.. That is why I don't spend in Singapore.. I only eat hawker food and take public transport in Singapore.. hahaha.. Why? I hate playing tax..

Eat in restaurant means that I never get much service also need to pay 10% service charge.. :doh:

Buy car means I need to pay high COE which is alway tax.:doh:

I think the best way is to work and save in Singapore and spend in other country... hahahaha
that's right! that's why if they plan population with 1 in 2 a foreigner will not do singapore any good:D

mcmlxxvi
09-03-13, 19:19

Since i switched to home cooked meals 99% of the time i havent had any LS for like I think 10 mths!!!!!

In the past when i was eating out mostly, i LS like at least once every month!!

logic
09-03-13, 19:25

Cheaper...yes... better... l don't feel so

zzz1
09-03-13, 19:33
Since i switched to home cooked meals 99% of the time i havent had any LS for like I think 10 mths!!!!!

Your LS abbreviation for Lao sia???

logic
09-03-13, 19:34
that's right! that's why if they plan population with 1 in 2 a foreigner will not do singapore any good:D

I think it is about infrastructure for 6.9M not necessarily a population of 6.9M.... and not necessarily half foreigners.

Btw, do you mean inflation will be higher or lower with a higher population.? Meaning... putting politics aside, and assume all 6.9m inhabitants are 100% Singaporeans. Is it better or worse wrt inflation?

mcmlxxvi
09-03-13, 19:36
Your LS abbreviation for Lao sia???

Ya laosai not laksa lol

azeoprop
09-03-13, 19:41

Got pork bowl also ... yummy. :D

azeoprop
09-03-13, 19:42

Yah I lao sai quite often.... :(

samuelk
09-03-13, 20:10
can eat in good health is the best anyone can ask for. Lets not quibble about food.. :scared-2:

yowetan
09-03-13, 20:50

Beijing Yoshinoya serves with unknown source of meat, and Japan Yoshinoya serves with ionized meat. Generally, home cook food is still productive, effective and budgetary to begin with. The minimum expectation is you choose your ingredients and you are responsible for the food that you are going to be cook and serve.

radha08
09-03-13, 21:14

ya but SIMPLE new CM targeted at FOREIGN food....WAhhahahahah

:D:D:D

minority
09-03-13, 21:50

aiyah walk over to the market u can get kopi at $1.2 rojak at $3!. so depends where u choose to eat.

minority
09-03-13, 21:55

but in china u are not sure what u are eating if its real?

RCT
09-03-13, 22:04
but in china u are not sure what u are eating if its real?

You think the rich and powerful people are eating what in China? From my experience, China's restaurant are better in term of food, ambient, service, etc..... After I visited restaurant in China, I feel our restaurant are really like "shit".... hahaha seldom eat now at Singapore restaurant.. really bad..

radha08
09-03-13, 22:16
aiyah walk over to the market u can get kopi at $1.2 rojak at $3!. so depends where u choose to eat.

might as well walk to ikea can get 10 cents...HORSE balls....wahhahahha

rymccondo77
10-03-13, 03:22
Ate dinner at Olio Cafe this evening - enjoyed a 15% discount on the bill with my Standard Chartered Bank's credit card :)

3C
10-03-13, 04:51
I was worst than you. I was hit twice not once. I was hit by inflation then it hit on me that I should buy property

Leo.Cheng
10-03-13, 06:20
You guys should try plain rice with durian. very tasty ! healthy or not i dunno :) :) :)

acidic.straw
10-03-13, 10:19

Wah bro...$6.80 for rojak and tea at foodcourt! You must have ordered all the expensive rojak stuff la..cuttlefish,cuttlefish,cuttlefish:D

acidic.straw
10-03-13, 10:23
might as well walk to ikea can get 10 cents...HORSE balls....wahhahahha

eh...don't aNeighhow say hor

phantom_opera
10-03-13, 10:27
nowadays eat out decent standard

breakfast 12 per head, lunch 15, dinner 25

just tried so called breakfast set 6.50 at cedele cmi to the max

subway at 3.50 I vote the best value breakfast ever

yowetan
10-03-13, 10:49

My family and I bought loaf of bread at 1SGD.

We have simple bread, butter spread and fruit jam for whole family for breakfast. Valuation is around 3SGD. It is perfect value breakfast ever.

phantom_opera
10-03-13, 11:35
My family and I bought loaf of bread at 1SGD.

We have simple bread, butter spread and fruit jam for whole family for breakfast. Valuation is around 3SGD. It is perfect value breakfast ever.

transfat ... palm oil ... refined flour ... white sugar ...good luck :p

have u ever wondered why 1 out of 3 Singaporeans get cancer?

you pay peanuts, you get monkeys

DC33_2008
10-03-13, 11:39
You are very high class. I am only eating economical noodle at $0.80 per head.

radha08
10-03-13, 11:41
Wah bro...$6.80 for rojak and tea at foodcourt! You must have ordered all the expensive rojak stuff la..cuttlefish,cuttlefish,cuttlefish:D

Normal one bro..if u visit parkway go n c...but they
Put apple n mango inside

phantom_opera
10-03-13, 11:42
You are very high class. I am only eating economical noodle at $0.80 per head.

you are what u eat ... eat Maggi / Koka occasionally is fine, if eat frequently is inviting trouble... that's why 1/3 Singaporeans will get cancer sooner or later

phantom_opera
10-03-13, 11:45
inflation will be lower at least for next few months due to lower COE

those just bought must be swearing now

http://news.omy.sg/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/images/201303/20130310/20130310_grl_fin_coe.jpg

DC33_2008
10-03-13, 11:50
Make your own bread is much healthier and without preservative.
you are what u eat ... eat Maggi / Koka occasionally is fine, if eat frequently is inviting trouble... that's why 1/3 Singaporeans will get cancer sooner or later

DC33_2008
10-03-13, 11:53
Is it worth paying $75000 cash downpayment for Volvo S60?
inflation will be lower at least for next few months due to lower COE

those just bought must be swearing now

http://news.omy.sg/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/images/201303/20130310/20130310_grl_fin_coe.jpg

minority
10-03-13, 12:29
Is it worth paying $75000 cash downpayment for Volvo S60?

dont pay. let the fingers do the walking man. Not worth then dont pay mah.

minority
10-03-13, 12:31

coz these days people standard higher leh.

BF eat at East Coast market. Soyabean milk $1. Chai tao koay $2. $3 a head leh.

minority
10-03-13, 12:33
Normal one bro..if u visit parkway go n c...but they
Put apple n mango inside

but dont u think that basement food court u will always find seat? ;) u pay for wat u get mah. aircon, lesser people.

minority
10-03-13, 12:34
Make your own bread is much healthier and without preservative.

dont eat drink water healthiest ;)

thomastansb
10-03-13, 12:59
Clementi hawker after my badminton session. $3 chicken rice with egg. Full to the brim. Gave $5, still got $2 change :D

No need tea. Got my plain water since tea dehydrate me further.

onglai
10-03-13, 13:34

Wah u high class sia.... Breakfast $12 can buy 4-5 wonton mee.

logic
10-03-13, 13:45

People are getting all kinds of diseases because of eating out too often......

Don't be fooled by all the organic claims of the those expensive joints like Cedele.... they are taking you for a ride.... there are only physcological benefits of thinking that you are eating healthy.......Suckers!!!!!..... for Cedele.... Ka-Ching!

Home prepared and cooked simple fare is still by far the most economical and healthiest

Yowetan's example should be followed

zzz1
10-03-13, 13:51
You guys should try plain rice with durian. very tasty ! healthy or not i dunno :) :) :)
Is just starch and sugars... Try once a while ok.

phantom_opera
10-03-13, 13:53
of course home cook best but we are not good at making lots of things after a while get bored

I dun mind paying one more dollar if cai Tao kuay uses light olive oil vs palm oil, organic low cholesterol egg

cannot say cedele cheating lah, here is not china and don't tell me your month cannot differentiate cedele cake from breadtalk

cedele good for cake, muffin n sandwiches

sgbuyer
10-03-13, 14:10
You think the rich and powerful people are eating what in China? From my experience, China's restaurant are better in term of food, ambient, service, etc..... After I visited restaurant in China, I feel our restaurant are really like "shit".... hahaha seldom eat now at Singapore restaurant.. really bad..

Have you wondered why food taste so good in China?

You know they add plastic bag to boiling oil to make the fried food taste very crispy?

Rosy
10-03-13, 14:11
Please do not use olive oil for high heat cooking. This oil is unstable and turns rancid easily when subject to high heat which is cancerous. Any other polyunsatuarated oil is not suitable for high heat deep frying cooking as well. Olive oil is good for light cooking like low heat stir frying and for dipping.

In fact, saturated oil like coconut oil (exclude pork lard) which is deem as unhealthy, is better and healthier for deep frying.

Highly processed vegetable based oil actually does more harm than good. Go for cold pressed olive oil.

sgbuyer
10-03-13, 14:30
Olive oil for cooking (not the green ones) can withstand up to 180 degrees celsius. 180 degrees is good enough to fry garlic, shallots, but will take a longer time.

As for deep frying, you shouldn't be doing that in the first place!!

yowetan
10-03-13, 14:58

With your above definition, many westerners are monkeys then.

phantom_opera
10-03-13, 17:02
With your above definition, many westerners are monkeys then.
sgbuyer is absolutely right, no deep frying at home, light olive oil from ntuc
will do
Europeans are the master of quality of life, all the craps like donuts, cola, burger all invented by Americans

Cupcakes
11-03-13, 00:11

You know they add plastic bag to boiling oil to make the fried food taste very crispy?
Malaysia fry plastic bottle in hot oil :scared-1:

eng81157
11-03-13, 09:06
all these deep frying, unhealthy eating info is really common knowledge by now.

how about replacement meals? no one sees them as evils yet, and all the xiao jies, who are desperate to keep their waistline, are flocking to it like bees to honey

mcmlxxvi
11-03-13, 12:13
anyone tried air fryer?

phantom_opera
11-03-13, 13:09
a research report by MAS say wage inflation in China contributed to Singapore inflation

In general, the results suggest that the recent
wage cost inflation in China has had a statistically
discernable impact on both Hong Kong and
Singapore’s import prices. The estimated
elasticities range from 0.3–1.0 and are generally
higher for Singapore.

While material costs also matter for the
determination of Hong Kong’s prices, the
producer mark-up has a more important role to
play in Singapore’s case.
The implication for global inflation is that if
China’s unit labour costs continue to rise with the
arrival of the Lewisian turning point, countries
importing from China will face higher prices,
in the absence of appropriate policy measures or
exchange rate appreciation.

Regulators
11-03-13, 13:18
you should try the food court at MBS or the Food Republic at Vivo City, these two food courts are very expensive

radha08
11-03-13, 14:31
you should try the food court at MBS or the Food Republic at Vivo City, these two food courts are very expensive

yup those are absurd....maybe we should have a minister for hawker food...get him to bring down price by 30%...:D:D:D

Jonathan0503
11-03-13, 16:04

And dark soy sauce made from hair:doh:

sgbuyer
11-03-13, 16:37
And dark soy sauce made from hair:doh:

Healthy food is usually not tasty. To make food tasty, they add all sorts of additives, the least harmful ones are like salt, followed by MSG, nitrate salts....all to way up to like plastic bag, non-food chemicals.....etc.

:p

onglai
11-03-13, 22:35

At vivo, at least there is another alternative foodcourt at basement.

minority
11-03-13, 23:37
At vivo, at least there is another alternative foodcourt at basement.

Well Parkway parade across the street is a market. very reasonable price.

onglai
12-03-13, 12:31
Well Parkway parade across the street is a market. very reasonable price.

if got $3, pple still choose to eat $6 n complain, then they are not hit by inflation, but inflated ego.

:D :D :D :D

kane
12-03-13, 12:47
yup those are absurd....maybe we should have a minister for hawker food...get him to bring down price by 30%...:D:D:D

Can have ine for massage whilst you are at it so that I can have cheap massage as well. Haha.

Shanhz
15-03-13, 08:35

at $6.80, the stall holder dun have change for $50. you must be his only customer for the day. the rojak very good to eat? :D

eng81157
20-03-13, 14:26
inflation bug just hit me again!!

same drinks stall at people's park food centre, beverage : ice teh-O kosong

Jan 2013: $1.30
Mar 2013: $1.50

a whopping 15% jump!!!

phantom_opera
20-03-13, 14:42
Toast Box at RWS - 2.20 for kopi
Toast Box at T3 - 1.70 for kopi-o, $2 for banana cake

Still got room to increase price

eng81157
20-03-13, 14:44

toast box got aircon, need to pay higher rent leh. this is people's park food centre we are talking about leh.

phantom_opera
20-03-13, 14:48
toast box got aircon, need to pay higher rent leh. this is people's park food centre we are talking about leh.

sorry, just give good brothers here a choice to have air-con atas environment mah ... still value for money compared to Starbucks/CBTL

eng81157
20-03-13, 14:54
sorry, just give good brothers here a choice to have air-con atas environment mah ... still value for money compared to Starbucks/CBTL

ah, starbucks and CBTL are selling the "ambience" and hip factor (that accounts for the huge premium on their drinks)

minority
20-03-13, 23:24

toast box kopi voucher. book of 12 for $14. work out to be 1.2 a cup. Value for $. aircon and nice cool environment. No more sweaty kopi or tea.