PDA

View Full Version : Great now HDB prices going to crash...

radha08
09-03-13, 11:14
What next...:doh:...new BTO to down by 30%

bakasa2002
09-03-13, 11:20
Think those who bought their HDB for the last two years must be really angry ...

phantom_opera
09-03-13, 11:27
talk is cheap ... Kenobi-wan is good at talking ... and did he say "non mature estates" (later day 30% cheaper at Tengah or Coney Island only :tongue3: )

where is the action? if they sell Bidadari at 30% cheaper then I believe ... would they kill the developers by saying that from now on properties are not for investment already??

and did I hear "relative to income"?? with WCS pushing up salary for those below 4k ... very soon family median income for those staying at 4r HDB will hit 10k

and with bananas outperforming Dow, STI and properties ... think hard

http://www.sovereignman.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/bananas-vs-dow.jpg

DuaNehNehChioBu
09-03-13, 11:30
What next...:doh:...new BTO to down by 30%

Together with condo, ec...all going to drop and crash :banghead: :banghead:

Laguna
09-03-13, 11:43
30% easy game to play
1. Change to 50 years lease
2. Reduce the size
3. Location that no one wants
4. Lousy quality

phantom_opera
09-03-13, 11:47
30% easy game to play
1. Change to 50 years lease
2. Reduce the size
3. Location that no one wants
4. Lousy quality

(5) sell another BTO where MOP is 15y

so MOP is 5y same price, MOP 10y 20% cheaper, MOP 15y 30% cheaper :beats-me-man:

Regulators
09-03-13, 11:50
if hdb crash then wouldnt lky be slapping his own mouth? :doh:

mcmlxxvi
09-03-13, 11:57
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

phantom_opera
09-03-13, 11:58
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

lol ... should we become banana traders :beats-me-man:

it is really sad, i know of a middle class family, husband works only with 3 kids, first he changed his car from normal to weekend car and he took MRT to work, after that even air-cond also must stop operating to save money to fight inflation, next could be piano lessons (600+ for 3 kids)

rymccondo77
09-03-13, 12:08

it is really sad, i know of a middle class family, husband works only with 3 kids, first he changed his car from normal to weekend car and he took MRT to work, after that even air-cond also must stop operating to save money to fight inflation, next could be piano lessons (600+ for 3 kids)

At least he still has his job, and more importantly his family (of 3 children).

phantom_opera
09-03-13, 12:13
At least he still has his job, and more importantly his family (of 3 children).

problem is his wage increment can barely catch up with M2/M3 growth :doh:

nowadays, only leverage play (be it property, bond) can match M2/M3 growth

lajia
09-03-13, 12:15
Now they rethink....should hdb be a asset that will appreciate?? If it will appreciate, then delink BTO pricing to resale is nonsense and to stay at low price is also nonsense...and if it is going to be sold cheap, and be a non asset type, then they should launch their next BTO cheap cheap, and if ppl want to sell can only sell back HDB, see got ppl buy or not...those who cry father cry mother see this group of ppl will buy. :D
These ppl of course want to buy cheap and sell high high later. If u tell them they cannot have profit and can only sell back to hdb, see they want to buy or not....only those really need and those below middle income will buy. :2cents:

This will then return back to basic.....but the existing >90% households will curse and swear and a wrong move like such, that cater for small group of ppl will cost even more votes.....:doh:

radha08
09-03-13, 12:24
bringing down HDB prices will have a MORE drastic effect than expected..in my opinion...but then i could be wrong...most of time i am wrong...:D:D:D

onglai
09-03-13, 12:30
weird, ST front page write bigbig hdb cheaper by 30%, but zaobao totally never mention this.

but anyway 300k become 200k -- wonder how they implement this.

chestnut
09-03-13, 12:32
bringing down HDB prices will have a MORE drastic effect than expected..in my opinion...but then i could be wrong...most of time i am wrong...:D:D:D

Bro, new bto cheap is good leh. They going back to old days of cost plus.

On top of that, I think we gonna see 60 yr lease very soon

sgbuyer
09-03-13, 12:34
talk is cheap ... Kenobi-wan is good at talking ... and did he say "non mature estates" (later day 30% cheaper at Tengah or Coney Island only :tongue3: )

You don't know island is most expensive property? Sentosa island how much?

LOL

newbie11
09-03-13, 12:37
Bro, new bto cheap is good leh. They going back to old days of cost plus.

On top of that, I think we gonna see 60 yr lease very soon
Will be shorter lease

sgbuyer
09-03-13, 12:42
Will be shorter lease

Do lease matter any more? Nowadays 40 year old 3-room flat in Tiong Bahru also going for nearly half a million.

Allthepies
09-03-13, 12:51
I think he may start a new "branch" of BTO:

a) 30% or more cheaper
b) Can sell only at buy price
c) Cannot be rented out
d) Very basic design

HDB now very smart, gives people different choices, so all will be happy, give no room for complainers to complain anymore :cheers5:

lajia
09-03-13, 12:57
aiya, sell what....ask hdb to rent lor, solve all problem. it will confirm be affordable. those who can afford, buy, those who cannot, then rent. basic, isn't this basic??
everyone has a roof! if it is not let to appreciate according to market, then buy for what? if ppl know 20 yrs later the same unit they bought will be of same value or lower, will it be better off to rent? who will buy??
very simple to test market. launch the next BTO in tiong bahru and tell them they can only sell back to HDB (if they want to upgrade) later at same purchase price or lower, u see got ppl buy or not. isnt this a very good test to the policy whether ppl want it to be an asset and will appreciate according to market forces?? :) :2cents:

i just got a feeling he might just get from good to bad and as he try to do more, a wrong move might get him to become worst....:o

Now they rethink....should hdb be a asset that will appreciate?? If it will appreciate, then delink BTO pricing to resale is nonsense and to stay at low price is also nonsense...and if it is going to be sold cheap, and be a non asset type, then they should launch their next BTO cheap cheap, and if ppl want to sell can only sell back HDB, see got ppl buy or not...those who cry father cry mother see this group of ppl will buy. :D
These ppl of course want to buy cheap and sell high high later. If u tell them they cannot have profit and can only sell back to hdb, see they want to buy or not....only those really need and those below middle income will buy. :2cents:

This will then return back to basic.....but the existing >90% households will curse and swear and a wrong move like such, that cater for small group of ppl will cost even more votes.....:doh:

mcmlxxvi
09-03-13, 12:59

I can teach his 3kids for,half the price if he is serious about saving money.

Shanhz
09-03-13, 13:07

you talking about me ah? maybe he already have multiple ppty.. you never know!!!

i also thinkg about downgrading my car and use the cash for more investment. next time my neighbour will also wonder why i change from big jap car to small korean car.

leesg123
09-03-13, 13:09

This is called living beyond the means. No money still learn piano for what? Not trying to be mean, but should prioritis spending. Piano, enrichment are all EXTRA things that kiasu parents think must have.

chiaberry
09-03-13, 13:13
i just got a feeling he might just get from good to bad and as he try to do more, a wrong move might get him to become worst....:o

Sigh.... I also have this feeling. After shooting a few bullets, doesn't really do the job.....now getting more desperate, shooting more bullets in different directions......but people are not really getting happier...in fact they are getting more discontented.

Shanhz
09-03-13, 13:14
This is called living beyond the means. No money still learn piano for what? Not trying to be mean, but should prioritis spending. Piano, enrichment are all EXTRA things that kiasu parents think must have.

in your opinion, is extra academic stuff like english/maths tuition more impt, or non academic stuff like dancing, piano more impt?

3C
09-03-13, 13:21
weird, ST front page write bigbig hdb cheaper by 30%, but zaobao totally never mention this.

but anyway 300k become 200k -- wonder how they implement this.
Alamak, simple log, hdb don't go by psf so they never tell you all the bedrooms now are storeroom size. Same size cake cut into 8 pieces instead of 4. Still got cake at half the price so don't grumble anymore.

onglai
09-03-13, 13:30
Alamak, simple log, hdb don't go by psf so they never tell you all the bedrooms now are storeroom size. Same size cake cut into 8 pieces instead of 4. Still got cake at half the price so don't grumble anymore.

reducing the lease or size by 1/3 and den lower price by 30% is blantant lies, this will only make pple more tulan.

i expect them to be more clever la... shd have something up their sleeve.

3C
09-03-13, 13:39
reducing the lease or size by 1/3 and den lower price by 30% is blantant lies, this will only make pple more tulan.

i expect them to be more clever la... shd have something up their sleeve.
The private developers have been doing this. Now houses are getting smaller with each launch. Now more and more houses with open kitchen with no windows, including toilets. All use mechanical vents. Developers just sell first and let the buyers solve the headache of maintenance.

onglai
09-03-13, 13:50
The private developers have been doing this. Now houses are getting smaller with each launch. Now more and more houses with open kitchen with no windows, including toilets. All use mechanical vents. Developers just sell first and let the buyers solve the headache of maintenance.

the mentality & expectation is different. pple buy small area pc to invest/rent it out, but pple buy hdb is for ownstay.

3C
09-03-13, 13:57
the mentality & expectation is different. pple buy small area pc to invest/rent it out, but pple buy hdb is for ownstay.
Small is relative. My storeroom size is a bit exaggerated, just to be sarcastic. But the reality is Singapore is small with limited land. Is difficult to keep same size and yet cheap.

Kelonguni
09-03-13, 14:37

On air con whole day then no problem with ventilation.

Arcachon
09-03-13, 14:49
problem is his wage increment can barely catch up with M2/M3 growth :doh:

nowadays, only leverage play (be it property, bond) can match M2/M3 growth

Not many people know what is M2/M3 and money printing. Most are train in every trade except finance. Most do not care to learn finance that is why we have the late Dennis Ng going around teaching finance. When there are more CM mean the money machine is still working very hard.

Huat Ah..........

Arcachon
09-03-13, 14:54

The price of HDB is due to the money supply say LKY.

http://www.iproperty.com.sg/news/2140/Probably-no-property-bubble-here-yet-MM

Huat Ah...........

Leeds
09-03-13, 15:20
Now that the government wants to bring our Housing Affordability Index down from the current 5.5 to 4 as reported, prices of BTO flats are expected to come down about 30% as announced by Mr Khaw.

We should ask ourselves what are the implications and our decisions going forward particularly for the following people:

1. Those who bought PC over the last two years and intending to rent out their HDB flat to finance their PC.

2. Those who bought PC over the last two years and intend to sell their HDB flats when their PC obtain TOP to lessen their mortgage.

3. Those who currently have both PC and HDB flat one of which is for rental.

4. Those who own HDB flats and planning to buy PC for investment.

5. Those who own HDB flat and planning to buy PC to upgrade.

6. Those who plan to buy BTO flat now.

7. Those who plan to buy PC now (with no HDB flat).

8. Those who own multiple PC ( and maybe also HDB flat)

There is no one correct answer for these people. I think, quietly, we need to make some hard decision going forward.

Arcachon
09-03-13, 15:26
Now that the government wants to bring our Housing Affordability Index down from the current 5.5 to 4 as reported, prices of BTO flats are expected to come down about 30% as announced by Mr Khaw.

Mr Khaw is very good, he make a lot of announcement since he became the MND and all these announcement cost the gov. zero cent. Well done Mr Khaw.....

Huat Ah..........

yowetan
09-03-13, 15:32
I hope the market will crash, so those who bought a lot of private properties in these two years window will be force to sell.

I am waiting for my Mt Sinai purchase.

Leeds
09-03-13, 15:47
I hope the market will crash, so those who bought a lot of private properties in these two years window will be force to sell.

So you belong to Group 5 - Those who own HDB flat and planning to buy PC to upgrade.

onglai
09-03-13, 15:56

dont anyhow hope ah.. later market really crash n u lose ur job... that time mt sinai cheap u oso no money buy ah..

DKSG
09-03-13, 16:08

This is the kind of Singaporeans we are breeding.
Hoping that the country goes into a turmoil so that can profit from it.

During the Japanese Occupation, we call these people Han Jian (traitors), who will sell their countrymen to gain a few banana notes.

As a society, I think we failed because of this post.

DKSG

DKSG
09-03-13, 16:12
Back to the topic ...

What this means is that we will open up more land in Woodlands and build smaller flats with few walls (so that people can customize their own flats).

Shorter leases should be on the table also.

Who wants a country of negative equity housing ? We are seeing this in US and Europe and I am very very sure thats not what the government wants.

If they intend for this to happen, I think we maybe looking at a new ruling party in 2016.

DKSG

Leeds
09-03-13, 16:22
Back to the topic ...

What this means is that we will open up more land in Woodlands and build smaller flats with few walls (so that people can customize their own flats).

Shorter leases should be on the table also.

Who wants a country of negative equity housing ? We are seeing this in US and Europe and I am very very sure thats not what the government wants.

If they intend for this to happen, I think we maybe looking at a new ruling party in 2016.

DKSG

Sounds like you belong to Group 8 - Those who own multiple PC ( and maybe also HDB flat)

Lemonlaw
09-03-13, 16:27
I believed there are currently a lot of 1st time buyers, 2nd properties buyers and more investors currently waiting on the fence for the property prices to correct and to come down.

If prices comes down by 30% say private property, does it make sense for 3rd properties owners to go in and grab? Coz the additional stamp duties payable is only 10+3? Won't it push up the pricing again?

Say is easy, it's very hard to implement...coz the actual fact is there are a lot of demand at this juncture.

Leeds
09-03-13, 16:32
I believed there are currently a lot of 1st time buyers, 2nd properties buyers and more investors currently waiting on the fence for the property prices to correct and to come down.

If prices comes down by 30% say private property, does it make sense for 3rd properties owners to go in and grab? Coz the additional stamp duties payable is only 10+3? Won't it push up the pricing again?

Say is easy, it's very hard to implement...coz the actual fact is there are a lot of demand at this juncture.

It is indeed difficult if demand is greater than supply. If however, supply meets demand (or greater) few years down the road, it is not difficult at all.

danguard
09-03-13, 16:44
It is indeed difficult if demand is greater than supply. If however, supply meets demand (or greater) few years down the road, it is not difficult at all.

factually i think no one would disagree that demand now is indeed greater than supply - which is why certain choice properties are snapped up within first launch day.

A lot others are sitting on the fence waiting for prices to dip and if it really tanks 30 percent, u can be sure that this will create a spike in the near term that can easily translate into an upramping market sentiment across the board that is at times self sustaining due to the impression (however right or wrong) that its a bull market running again

Leeds
09-03-13, 16:49
factually i think no one would disagree that demand now is indeed greater than supply - which is why certain choice properties are snapped up within first launch day.

A lot others are sitting on the fence waiting for prices to dip and if it really tanks 30 percent, u can be sure that this will create a spike in the near term that can easily translate into an upramping market sentiment across the board that is at times self sustaining due to the impression (however right or wrong) that its a bull market running again

Mr Khaw stated clearly that the 30% reduction in price will be achieved through cooling measures to cool the demand and/or other housing option if the bull run continues.

Lemonlaw
09-03-13, 16:54
Mr Khaw stated clearly that the 30% reduction in price will be achieved through cooling measures to cool the demand and/or other housing option if the bull run continues.

If this is the case through cooling measures, I believed more people that can afford to pay the ABSD now will rather buy now to have a chance to own 2 properties.

Moving forward, the chances of owning 2 properties will drift further away due the the new CM.

Those who had invested in a PC would be lock-in for a period of 5 yrs due to the SSD, short term losses doesn't = to long term losses over a period of 17yrs to 2030.

radha08
09-03-13, 16:59
The more they do the messier it becomes...many
Many people going to feel the pain...agents..car dealers
Etc etc....lets c what happens...:cool:

Leeds
09-03-13, 17:04
If this is the case through cooling measures, I believed more people that can afford to pay the ABSD now will rather buy now to have a chance to own 2 properties.

Moving forward, the chances of owning 2 properties will drift further away due the the new CM.

Those who had invested in a PC would be lock-in for a period of 5 yrs due to the SSD, short term losses doesn't = to long term losses over a period of 17yrs to 2030.

Would any investor willing to pay the ABSD now for the sake of owing a 2nd property knowing that the said property will have negative value few years down the road? It makes more sense to buy your 2nd property elsewhere.

lajia
09-03-13, 17:10
no need any more cooling measures (to cool the demand for private...for what??)....if they want to address affordability of HDB, start to rent, or build BTO with LH45 or 60 years at 30% cheaper. See got ppl buy or not, if yes, then it is a good solution. If no ppl buy, then affordability is not an issue, these first timers cry father cry mother actually also just want to have a piece of cake, profitability....as usual. :2cents:

Cupcakes
09-03-13, 17:25
Does Govt earn more absd taxes from foreigners and local investors with multiple properties if property mkt drop 30% or from first time buyer if market stays flat? :D

august
09-03-13, 17:52
This is the kind of Singaporeans we are breeding.
Hoping that the country goes into a turmoil so that can profit from it.

During the Japanese Occupation, we call these people Han Jian (traitors), who will sell their countrymen to gain a few banana notes.

As a society, I think we failed because of this post.

DKSG

no leh, Han Jian are the ones who worked directly for the Japanese. ;)

TMATT
09-03-13, 17:55
30% cheaper ????
Affordable with only 4yrs salary ???

Why he announce those things already happened? :D

A person with $5000 monthly salary, 4yrs is $240,000, he got few choose of BTO flat at choa chu kang, Keat hong etc non mature area.
Compare to those flat which build in 1985 there, already almost 40% cheaper!!!

But he will not made people happy, because those who made lot of noise, will said they want city area with 30% discount :doh:

Just like single can buy BTO flat now, many single will still be upset as they want to buy 3, 4 or even 5 room BTO flat, not 2bedroom :banghead:
With such young Singaporean , matter of time we will go back to 3rd world country standard :tsk-tsk:

kane
09-03-13, 18:02
Hdb values will probably plateau at current levels for a while.

teddybear
09-03-13, 18:12
I can teach his 3kids for,half the price if he is serious about saving money.
you can teach diploma?

august
09-03-13, 18:19
30% cheaper ????

A person with $5000 monthly salary, 4yrs is $240,000, he got few choose of BTO flat at choa chu kang, Keat hong etc non mature area.

But he will not made people happy, because those who made lot of noise, will said they want city area with 30% discount :doh:

Just like single can buy BTO flat now, many single will still be upset as they want to buy 3, 4 or even 5 room BTO flat, not 2bedroom :banghead:
With such young Singaporean , matter of time we will go back to 3rd world country standard :tsk-tsk:

Comment like yours is quite appalling. The fact is HDB resale index has doubled since 2007. Public housing has clearly reached a state where tampering is needed. While it is arguable whether such a phenomena is sustainable or even desirable for the future of this country, it is ridiculous to curse the younger generation or wish the country to go back to 3rd world country standard just bcos things may not turn out the way u like.

the govt is responsible for the huge pty run-up since 05, want to point finger also please point correctly.

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 18:23
prices drop a bit for long term substainability is ok la. Ah Khaw is doing the right thing by making the most vocal of the demographic class happy.

we should support Ah Khaw and Tharman, these 2 are doing a great job. As to how I know, I shall share in this forum later why what they are doing is the correct way for us. It will benefit us the landlords eventually.

we'll see :) :) :) :)

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 18:26
uncle know, you guys are very confused by the CMs and all the new regulations. But uncle, with a THIRD EYE, can tell and see clearly the logic behind all this.

Dun worry, uncle tell you everything will be alright.

I will share as usual, just stay tuned in this forum.

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 18:34
It is very obvious that they will be doing something very important soon. That is why they halted everyone in their tracks.

uncle is no government people, but uncle is guided by the Sky People.

So uncle know.

Let uncle share with you something very obvious happening in every economies of the world now. A result of the rise of the educated middle class.

You got see the wider the rich/poor divide, the faster the economies suffered a downfall or not :) :) :) :)

uncle know, but uncle cannot say yet :) :)

just stay tuned. everything will be alright. Just stop buying or selling for the moment if you are a Singaporean property owners with more than 1 property.

If you are a foreigner, you better start parking at least one properties here in Singapore.

:) :) :)

UNCLE KNOW.

sgLion
09-03-13, 18:43
"Oh Uncle know, Uncle know.

Know the old man who is safe in the garden.

Oh Uncle know, Uncle know.

Fear not the middle aged man in the house.

Know NOT the young ones whose heart is filled with fire.

Fear the young one who think with his fire heart and not his head.

UNCLE KNOW."

wise words by THE FALLEN ANGELA

blackjack21trader
09-03-13, 18:47
"Oh Uncle know, Uncle know.

Know the old man who is quiet in the library.

Fear not the middle aged man in the room.

Know NOT the young ones whose heart is filled with fire.

Fear the young one who is EAGER TO PROVE himself.

UNCLE KNOW."

- wise words by BJ21T

radha08
09-03-13, 18:47
medicine time PLEASE...:doh:

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 19:04
medicine time PLEASE...:doh:

Frankly speaking, I do not see how the new BTO with lower prices is going to affect the property market or the HDB segment in particular.

I see this as an entirely new class of HDB segment, just like the segmentation between HDB,older BTO, and the ECs.

They are merely creating an entirely new segment for the needs of a certain groups of the population with a certain targeted income level. This will encourage this particular group who is most dissatisfied with you and me, to come forward and take a stake in the New Singapore Paradigm Dream.

Do I talk more sense now: I just took my medicines Prozac + Risperdol.

Later if still cannot control myself, I will take Stilnox.

:) :) :) :)

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 19:06
Apparently, many here suffer a worse mental condition than me from the way they are over-reacting to this news.

They need to see my psychiatrists more than myself :) :) :):)

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 19:10
I admit I have a mental problem. But I met many CEOs and famous personality at my psychiatrists' office too. How come I never see the media report they are SIAOLANG like me ?

Well, that is because stress management is a new reality in our new age especially if you are holding important decision making positions like me.

Leo.Cheng
09-03-13, 19:12
This is a sad world I am born into. I can only be myself in the Cyber World. In real life, if you met me, you will never believe I am Blackjack21trader :) :) :) :)

blackjack21trader
09-03-13, 19:34
Just look at the CMs and follow the cue from there. What did u see? What did Tharman say?

Well, let me recap for you. Tharman said that we could be in the wrong part of a cycle. hence the need for the new regulations. What does this tell you ? There is great wisdom in what he said. Think very hard on it and I shall reveal to you next weekend, see if we all agree on this :) :) :)

Also, many say I got hidden agenda like vested interest in writing my posts here. Tell you the truth, there is no need for this as I am already very very wealthy. I am here to mock at the so called intellectuals or the anal-lists. Not that I am poking fun at them , but rather to motivate them to advance to a higher intellectual level like me :):):)

Good luck.

felicia_sg
09-03-13, 20:13
If they really want to cool property price, they should start with HDB BTO prices first since they have full control over their pricing! Because according to their criteria of fair property price should be about 4 years income for Non-mature estates similar to before current property price boom, the 4 room HDB flat currently priced at about $300k-350k should really be selling at <$160k since they are smaller than those launch before boom, & median household income of 4rm flat buyers is about $4k pm!

09-03-13, 20:20
why the govt think that by selling 30% cheaper, price of hdb will drop? It could also mean those who buy at 30% cheaper, will make more profit when they sell hdb after 5 yr ownership. Ended up, these grp of owners will be the ultimate winner. Remember, in 5 yrs time, when they decided to sell their property, do u think they will sell cheaper than those who bought 30% more expensive than them?

felicia_sg
09-03-13, 20:26
So true! Just heard on news people complaining why restrict singles to buy only 2rm BTO flats. They say should allow to buy 3 rm because they are allow to 3rm resale in the first place & they are used to the bigger size of 3rm! :doh:

30% cheaper ????

yowetan
09-03-13, 20:46
The HDB is already discriminating single by only allowing sales of 2 room HDB unit. This is extreme discrimination and it has disregards the relative importance of space and privacy.

Lemonlaw
09-03-13, 20:50
Those singles who complaint why govt dont allow them to buy a 3 room flat should wake up their idea. What is the definition of singles vs married? :doh: :doh:

Cupcakes
09-03-13, 20:55
The HDB is already discriminating single by only allowing sales of 2 room HDB unit. This is extreme discrimination and it has disregards the relative importance of space and privacy.
Then don't be single?

Laguna
09-03-13, 20:57
Damn no brain
So from now, who will apply for BTO?
Everyone will wait for the 30% drop first.

yowetan
09-03-13, 21:00
Then don't be single?

To marry to get a HDB flat? I believe it is not a feasible and wise choice.

Woman charter goes both way for a guy.

august
09-03-13, 21:16
why the govt think that by selling 30% cheaper, price of hdb will drop? It could also mean those who buy at 30% cheaper, will make more profit when they sell hdb after 5 yr ownership. Ended up, these grp of owners will be the ultimate winner. Remember, in 5 yrs time, when they decided to sell their property, do u think they will sell cheaper than those who bought 30% more expensive than them?

why begrudge others who may or may not make money from their HDB flats? do u begrudge those who already made a pile from their HDB flats bought in the 80s or 90s?

radha08
09-03-13, 21:18
This is a sad world I am born into. I can only be myself in the Cyber World. In real life, if you met me, you will never believe I am Blackjack21trader :) :) :) :)

bro only the DRAGONfly....knows the truth and NOTHING but the truth...WAHAAHAH:D:D:D...so help ME...GOD:scared-1:

radha08
09-03-13, 21:21
why begrudge others who may or may not make money from their HDB flats? do u begrudge those who already made a pile from their HDB flats bought in the 80s or 90s?

HDB is only 5 cent 10 cent profit landed is in the...MILLIONS,,,but who is complaining we all running our own race aren't we...:cheers1:

Cupcakes
09-03-13, 21:42
To marry to get a HDB flat? I believe it is not a feasible and wise choice.

Woman charter goes both way for a guy.
No money buy private, who fault? No partner, who fault? Let u buy resales 3 room, not happy. Now give u chance buy 2 room BTO also not happy. Lol. Single need so many rooms for what? Need bigger space then buy under family nuclear scheme. These people who complain are those that want to make big big profit for selling, else looking for rental income. Worse, got partner each buy BTO, then have 2 child. Ultimately, the flat will pass down to each child. So greedy, don't deserve sympathy.

Sleepyhead
09-03-13, 22:19
No money buy private, who fault? No partner, who fault? Let u buy resales 3 room, not happy. Now give u chance buy 2 room BTO also not happy. Lol. Single need so many rooms for what? Need bigger space then buy under family nuclear scheme. These people who complain are those that want to make big big profit for selling, else looking for rental income. Worse, got partner each buy BTO, then have 2 child. Ultimately, the flat will pass down to each child. So greedy, don't deserve sympathy.

Wah, so harsh... What about single with elderly parent? They will need 3rm right?

lajia
09-03-13, 22:41
maybe this is their tactic....uncertainty will curb demand, so that they also have more time to clear more backlog as well as for price to stabilize...but this could backfire as investors hates uncertainty. they will go else where. it would takes a lot of effort later to gain back confidences.
:2cents:

Damn no brain
So from now, who will apply for BTO?
Everyone will wait for the 30% drop first.

Cupcakes
09-03-13, 22:43
Wah, so harsh... What about single with elderly parent? They will need 3rm right?
Buy resales Lor. Not like no option.

felicia_sg
09-03-13, 22:52
To cool demand for HDB flats, first thing they should do is to ban PRs from buying resale HDB flats, & say this rule will be for forever! Then, for sure both resale & BTO demand will drop immediately!
What is the point of selling BTO cheaper & those people profit more? Isn't this "robbing" the state's coffer to benefit the small minority who has yet to own a HDB? :doh:

Kelonguni
09-03-13, 22:52

Actually MND also have it tough. Most parents have their own flats also. If want to stay with them, no need to buy new bto. For those who genuinely want to stay alone, then the size is just nice. The arrangement makes sense?

Eh
09-03-13, 23:48

Simple. These people who bought bto 30% cheaper will have 10 year mop.

TMATT
10-03-13, 00:15
This time we very sure we point correct - You!

Wake up, do you have HDB Flat? Nil right?

Then get marriage & apply for BTO HDB Flat,
Get a great discount as govt will give you,
10yrs later if policy no change much, your 2room HDB cost you $100K become
$300K & you able to sell & upgrade , will you complain?

Be appreciate , be clear how it really help us.
Don't everything blame sky , blame govt. blame everyone but never look at own self.

( anyway, I was thinking like you in 1996, but after marriage & get HDB flat then carry on purchase few private property , it really change my though on assets enhance scheme, it good for us, it will help you too, but .... Happy with what u had pls)

Comment like yours is quite appalling. The fact is HDB resale index has doubled since 2007. Public housing has clearly reached a state where tampering is needed. While it is arguable whether such a phenomena is sustainable or even desirable for the future of this country, it is ridiculous to curse the younger generation or wish the country to go back to 3rd world country standard just bcos things may not turn out the way u like.

the govt is responsible for the huge pty run-up since 05, want to point finger also please point correctly.

wind30
10-03-13, 07:45
To cool demand for HDB flats, first thing they should do is to ban PRs from buying resale HDB flats, & say this rule will be for forever! Then, for sure both resale & BTO demand will drop immediately!
What is the point of selling BTO cheaper & those people profit more? Isn't this "robbing" the state's coffer to benefit the small minority who has yet to own a HDB? :doh:

they should allow PRs to buy BTOs at a higher price....

TWO BIRDS in one stone. Remove demand from resale, increase supply in new flats.

august
10-03-13, 08:24
This time we very sure we point correct - You!

Wake up, do you have HDB Flat? Nil right?

Then get marriage & apply for BTO HDB Flat,
Get a great discount as govt will give you,
10yrs later if policy no change much, your 2room HDB cost you $100K become
$300K & you able to sell & upgrade , will you complain?

Be appreciate , be clear how it really help us.
Don't everything blame sky , blame govt. blame everyone but never look at own self.

( anyway, I was thinking like you in 1996, but after marriage & get HDB flat then carry on purchase few private property , it really change my though on assets enhance scheme, it good for us, it will help you too, but .... Happy with what u had pls)
once again u summarized nicely your narrow views & how u only want things to go your way without concern for the bigger picture. naturally i too want my ccr assets to shoot for the sky the way they did in the 07 run-up, but if it doesnt do i go curse the younger generation and CMs? look who are the ones complaining & whining away now just bcos hdbs may potentially be cheaper lol
why the selfish envy for those who may benefit from cheaper public housing & build a more sustainable public housing market?

Leeds
10-03-13, 09:21
This thread itself saw the different faces of Singaporeans. On one hand we have people (probably landlords) who are furious with people wanting the property market to crash and on the other end, we have people who for reasons need to buy and prices are beyond affordability. It makes no sense to blame one another even though our interests may be at sake. This process of 'blaming' is simply 'market forces' at work and play a part in how policies are evoluted over time.

Clearly, no amount of blame is going to change the social and economic realities that are going to bestow upon us. With a slowing economy going forward, the days of appreciating values of assets with high economic growth in the 90s' cannot be sustainable in the present state and beyond.

Social, economic and political wills will hopefully ensure that our future generation will not be burden by this generation in the pursue progress and prosperity that lead to greed and self-centeredness.

chestnut
10-03-13, 10:04
I really don't think anyone is blaming anyone. Each individual is expressing their view. It is important to share each individual's opinion. There will be all kind of people which results in diversity of opinions. If everyone is e same, the world would be so boring.

Some will want to take care of the family, some will want the future family to be self sufficient. Some will want to look at the greater cause. So different strokes for different people.

For the last para, there is no country I know of that has this or lack off - depending on how u look at it :

"Social, economic and political wills will hopefully ensure that our future generation will not be burden by this generation in the pursue progress and prosperity that lead to greed and self-centeredness."

Relax, this is a forum. We learn from it. Hahahahaha

This thread itself saw the different faces of Singaporeans. On one hand we have people (probably landlords) who are furious with people wanting the property market to crash and on the other end, we have people who for reasons need to buy and prices are beyond affordability. It makes no sense to blame one another even though our interests may be at sake. This process of 'blaming' is simply 'market forces' at work and play a part in how policies are evoluted over time.

Clearly, no amount of blame is going to change the social and economic realities that are going to bestow upon us. With a slowing economy going forward, the days of appreciating values of assets with high economic growth in the 90s' cannot be sustainable in the present state and beyond.

Social, economic and political wills will hopefully ensure that our future generation will not be burden by this generation in the pursue progress and prosperity that lead to greed and self-centeredness.

lajia
10-03-13, 10:06
If demand from resale removed, who buy resale? If nobody buy resale, u think price will appreciate? If price don't appreciate, u think got ppl buy bto? u think if nobody gain from hdb where got so many upgrader to buy PC? Lesser ppl buy PC u think price can go up?? All are linked la, don't think that there is no impact. In the end those who vested in PC will be hoping for a active resale market...:D
they should allow PRs to buy BTOs at a higher price....

TWO BIRDS in one stone. Remove demand from resale, increase supply in new flats.

phantom_opera
10-03-13, 10:08
it is not simple to just say make hdb going bk to basics, since the day garmen allow use of cpf OA to buy hdb, it is the road of no return, instead of paying decent returns to cpf OA garmen lowered the rate to 2.5pc n peg hdb loan rate to 0.1pc above that. Many middle class families are without sufficient retirement fund in cpf due to such arrangement. They can only relying on renting out rooms when they run out of retirement fund or downgrade to studios. If rental and hdb valuation do not keep pace with inflation it will be disaster. so the key question is whether price growth of resale hdb is only matching inflation or otherwise

Leeds
10-03-13, 10:11
I really don't think anyone is blaming anyone. Each individual is expressing their view. It is important to share each individual's opinion. There will be all kind of people which results in diversity of opinions. If everyone is e same, the world would be so boring.

Some will want to take care of the family, some will want the future family to be self sufficient. Some will want to look at the greater cause. So different strokes for different people.

For the last para, there is no country I know of that has this or lack off - depending on how u look at it :

"Social, economic and political wills will hopefully ensure that our future generation will not be burden by this generation in the pursue progress and prosperity that lead to greed and self-centeredness."

Relax, this is a forum. We learn from it. Hahahahaha

The tone and choice of words used by forummers here seem to suggest otherwise.

We must not loose sight of the bigger picture.

lajia
10-03-13, 10:19
Your mind set the tone....it is all up to u...how u lok at things reflect on yourself...:2cents:
Don't lose sight of yourself :)

The tone and choice of words used by forummers here seem to suggest o[/B]therwise.

We must not loose sight of the bigger picture.

Leeds
10-03-13, 10:29
Your mind set the tone....it is all up to u...how u lok at things reflect on yourself...:2cents:
Don't lose sight of yourself :)

Indeed, my/our views and input are part of this 'market forces' at work and that of our policies that evolute.

phantom_opera
10-03-13, 10:34
another reason why big gap btn resale n bto is due to low interest and high rental, resale hdbs leveraged yield is more than 10pc

unless immigration is tightened and interest go much higher, otherwise empty talk won't help

UltimateAro888
10-03-13, 11:12
If it is 30% cheaper, than shouldn't it be tagged with criteria such as Shorter lease (eg 70 years) instead of 99 ?
and Longer MOP, etc

If the rationale of cartering to affordability where people buy is for long termed own stayed , then logically it should tagged with special T&C to prevent disruptive to existing owners. Otherwise, it will wipe out their investment (mostly thru CPF invested) on paper.

NO_7
10-03-13, 11:15
BTO price drop 30% doesn't means valuation n COV on resale will drop by 30%.
Wat PC price gauging from HDB are resale pricing+COV rather HDB BTO pricing.

TMATT
10-03-13, 11:20
Differ opinion is good, haha.

You are right, "we narrow views", we not like you who think so big:o
we just want a simple HDB & fully pay for it, with addition of 1-3 private condo/commecial unit FOC (tenants pay) before retired will do.

You are right, "no bigger picture", as we are not pay for this.
anyway, we are singaporean lah, why bother so big picture? we are little red Dot :banghead:

You are right, "you too want your CCR assest to shoot for sky", :D ,
that why we all here to learn, relearn and unlearn all the property concept, hopefully next property we buy can raise in value too.

You are wrong :tongue3: , - "selfish envy those benefit cheaper public housing".
Why Envy ?? as all the newly web all had enjoy a 30% to 40% discount when buying HDB BTO flat, compare to those resale area.
Congret them pls. please don't feel jealous , as they are our young Singaporean too.

once again u summarized nicely your narrow views & how u only want things to go your way without concern for the bigger picture. naturally i too want my ccr assets to shoot for the sky the way they did in the 07 run-up, but if it doesnt do i go curse the younger generation and CMs? look who are the ones complaining & whining away now just bcos hdbs may potentially be cheaper lol
why the selfish envy for those who may benefit from cheaper public housing & build a more sustainable public housing market?

DC33_2008
10-03-13, 11:23
HDB can lower the selling price of BTO flats for least popular area.
Frankly speaking, I do not see how the new BTO with lower prices is going to affect the property market or the HDB segment in particular.

I see this as an entirely new class of HDB segment, just like the segmentation between HDB,older BTO, and the ECs.

They are merely creating an entirely new segment for the needs of a certain groups of the population with a certain targeted income level. This will encourage this particular group who is most dissatisfied with you and me, to come forward and take a stake in the New Singapore Paradigm Dream.

Do I talk more sense now: I just took my medicines Prozac + Risperdol.

Later if still cannot control myself, I will take Stilnox.

:) :) :) :)

august
10-03-13, 12:13
Differ opinion is good, haha.

You are right, "we narrow views", we not like you who think so big:o
we just want a simple HDB & fully pay for it, with addition of 1-3 private condo/commecial unit FOC (tenants pay) before retired will do.

You are right, "no bigger picture", as we are not pay for this.
anyway, we are singaporean lah, why bother so big picture? we are little red Dot :banghead:

You are right, "you too want your CCR assest to shoot for sky", :D ,
that why we all here to learn, relearn and unlearn all the property concept, hopefully next property we buy can raise in value too.

You are wrong :tongue3: , - "selfish envy those benefit cheaper public housing".
Why Envy ?? as all the newly web all had enjoy a 30% to 40% discount when buying HDB BTO flat, compare to those resale area.
Congret them pls. please don't feel jealous , as they are our young Singaporean too.

u can walk the talk by first not whining about younger generations and how the country will become third world just bcos of some new public housing policies.

maybe u havent notice, the country has been sliding for over 10 yrs towards the 3rd world in all aspects of public infrastructure. Perhaps u dont realise this bcos u started from a low base? if so i dont blame u. :)

TMATT
10-03-13, 13:15
Haha, you are right again, we start from low base,
You? Shit base? So we are same

u can walk the talk by first not whining about younger generations and how the country will become third world just bcos of some new public housing policies.

maybe u havent notice, the country has been sliding for over 10 yrs towards the 3rd world in all aspects of public infrastructure. Perhaps u dont realise this bcos u started from a low base? if so i dont blame u. :)

3C
10-03-13, 13:48
On air con whole day then no problem with ventilation.
I am talking about ventilation for cooking & after morning business in the toilet. Aircon will make it worse.

august
10-03-13, 13:49
Haha, you are right again, we start from low base,
You? Shit base? So we are same

your lack of self-respect affirms my point. :)

teddybear
10-03-13, 13:57
I also believe HDB BTO flats should be made cheap, but yet they are selling at such over-charged price contrary to what they advocates to be a fair price of 4 years of income for a HDB flat in non-mature estates. I believe the income should be based on median of applicants. Nowsadays HDB new flats over-whelmed with demands and it seems HDB unable to build so many and so fast. It is likely that such demand are not real, and may have to do with huge profits they are able to make from buying new and selling as resale and also renting out. Therefore, as others pointed out, to cool demand for HDB BTO flats, the other measure is to ban PRs from buying resale HDB flats since they are the ones driving up resale prices and also to ban renting out of whole HDB flats (and really make frequent random checks and enforce this rule as we know there are many even renting whole flats within MOP!). Once done, demand for new HDB BTO flats sure dropped by a lot! Don't believe? Why not govt try to implement these 2 policies? Anyway, nowsdays, whatever policy they implement they always say is temporary. This policy can be in place until demand cools (if demand don't cools can be forever)! :p

Kelonguni
10-03-13, 14:16
I am talking about ventilation for cooking & after morning business in the toilet. Aircon will make it worse.

Ha... You are right. So must buy either fresheners or electrical air purifiers.

For mine, got open air ventilation, but still need the above if smell is a concern.

I think such apartments must be located v near to food centres. Just tabao, don't cook.

Rosy
10-03-13, 14:36
Imo, hdb should disallow people from subletting while they stay in private property. Revert back to the old rules. U can continue to stay in your flat and rent out private property instead.

Only retirees genuinely needing the passive income can choose to stay with their children and rent out their flats.

NO_7
10-03-13, 14:46
Once $$ start flowing into ppty mkt u just can't stop it.

radha08
10-03-13, 16:20
Imo, hdb should disallow people from subletting while they stay in private property. Revert back to the old rules. U can continue to stay in your flat and rent out private property instead.

Only retirees genuinely needing the passive income can choose to stay with their children and rent out their flats.

with the cost of living so high...i think most retirees genuinely need $$$

Kelonguni
10-03-13, 16:23
with the cost of living so high...i think most retirees genuinely need $$$

Really hard to die in SG, worse is if half dead and hospitalised.

samuelk
10-03-13, 18:07
I also believe HDB BTO flats should be made cheap, but yet they are selling at such over-charged price contrary to what they advocates to be a fair price of 4 years of income for a HDB flat in non-mature estates. I believe the income should be based on median of applicants. Nowsadays HDB new flats over-whelmed with demands and it seems HDB unable to build so many and so fast. It is likely that such demand are not real, and may have to do with huge profits they are able to make from buying new and selling as resale and also renting out. Therefore, as others pointed out, to cool demand for HDB BTO flats, the other measure is to ban PRs from buying resale HDB flats since they are the ones driving up resale prices and also to ban renting out of whole HDB flats (and really make frequent random checks and enforce this rule as we know there are many even renting whole flats within MOP!). Once done, demand for new HDB BTO flats sure dropped by a lot! Don't believe? Why not govt try to implement these 2 policies? Anyway, nowsdays, whatever policy they implement they always say is temporary. This policy can be in place until demand cools (if demand don't cools can be forever)! :p

I am worried that affordability equals 60 yr lease.

VS
10-03-13, 20:18
I am worried that affordability equals 60 yr lease.

There are some old condo, HDB that have less than 60 years remaining lease, selling for $1M or so. If government allows to expend the lease after 60 years expires, and charge an affordable fee, it is not so bad.

dare2
10-03-13, 20:53
The Khaws will never come home....as the bull has been running away, cos the big Khaw in trying to make the grass cheaper, have to plant in a more remote location...but the young calves only want prime location to beef up their muscles so they can run with the bulls....they just do not want to shit in some ulu place....as these will not beef up their capital that can be tapped when they want to upgrade...

...and in reigning in the HDB mkt and driving PRs to PC mkt, soon those who have HDBs would start complaining that the foreigners are buying up all the PCs and driving up that market and making it unaffordable for them......

If you look at JB market where there are distinct low cost vs Private up-market sectors....the price gap will leave the low cost dwellers trapped in their low cost properties as the private dwellings prices shoot up

kane
10-03-13, 22:25
then can sell less land to private sector and build more ECs to cater to the aspiring group.

between 60years very affordable and 99 years bordering on unaffordable, I would definitely go out of my comfort zone and go for the 99years.

teddybear
10-03-13, 22:41
4rm HDB BTO flats at $300k not affordable? :doh:
For somebody who need a house at 30 years old and work till 60 years old, that $300k 4rm HDB BTO flat works out to a monthly instalment of $993! Come on! If you consider a DSR of 30% means gross household income needs to be at least $3310 per month or basic pay of $2648 considering 15 months pay per year. Then we look at key household income statistics, it says Decile of 11th-20th earns average of $3135 pm! That means almost 90% of all households in Singapore can easily afford a 4rm HDB BTO flat! What properties too expensive and unaffordable are people like you talking about?! :banghead:

May be you are talking about private properties? Is it the govt's job to provide you a cheap and affordable private properties? :scared-1:
You should pose this question directly to MND Mr Khaw and see what he say.......... :p

mosaic
10-03-13, 22:57
Honestly I think the young people in singapore nowadays no hope liao. All want good location at cheap prices but don t want to work hard for it, expect government to provide for them.

My younger colleagues in their 20s all kao peh kao buh property in singapore so high, yet end up all start their first property with EC. Some more ask daddy mummy provide for downpayment. This one really pui chao nua man. No money but want to buy expensive property don t use own money use parents money. Whats wrong with starting with a BTO in the outskirts first than working their way up. Nowadays the young people all damn material and don t want to lose face, must get good first property, show off to friends.

sgbuyer
10-03-13, 23:06
Honestly I think the young people in singapore nowadays no hope liao. All want good location at cheap prices but don t want to work hard for it, expect government to provide for them.

My younger colleagues in their 20s all kao peh kao buh property in singapore so high, yet end up all start their first property with EC. Some more ask daddy mummy provide for downpayment. This one really pui chao nua man. No money but want to buy expensive property don t use own money use parents money. Whats wrong with starting with a BTO in the outskirts first than working their way up. Nowadays the young people all damn material and don t want to lose face, must get good first property, show off to friends.

Govt should price 3-4 room cheaply, and increase the price for EC.

kane
11-03-13, 02:00

Some haven't even buy their first house already buy wasting money car.

dare2
11-03-13, 05:31
Some haven't even buy their first house already buy wasting money car.
...and expensive holidays abroad at least once a year.....

lajia
11-03-13, 08:19
Somebody is reading this forum...:)

no need any more cooling measures (to cool the demand for private...for what??)....if they want to address affordability of HDB, start to rent, or build BTO with LH45 or 60 years at 30% cheaper. See got ppl buy or not, if yes, then it is a good solution. If no ppl buy, then affordability is not an issue, these first timers cry father cry mother actually also just want to have a piece of cake, profitability....as usual. :2cents:

kane
11-03-13, 08:42
...and expensive holidays abroad at least once a year.....

Expensive wallets, handbags and watches for some.

CondoSeeker2012
11-03-13, 08:53
My immediate thoughts upon reading 1st page of Business Times today:

30% price decrease of BTOs in non-mature estates means affordability for those who need it and sustainability of rent/prices for landlords in mature estates. It is essentially a de-linking between mature and non-mature estates.

I believe mature-estate flats are minimally affected. Mature-estate flats will be supported because of the idealistic group our forum friends have described so well in the few posts above. Rents and prices will be held up by this group by them continuing to pay high COVs and/or rent to satisfy their 'need' to be in a good location. If they cannot, their parents will throw money to help them get their next to MRT locations in AMK/Bishan/Tiong Bahru.

The losers seem to be those who have bought BTOs and more so Resale in non-mature estates recently. Not sure how this group's grievances would be addressed.

my 2 cents, any thoughts?

eng81157
11-03-13, 09:14
firstly, KenoBiWan's intention is never to 'crash' the property market. SG's GDP and the commoner's savings are way too entwined with the property market. not only that, govt coffers and banks will take a hit

secondly, new BTOs in non-mature estate will be 30% cheaper, as compared to? what are the conditions? shorter lease, longer MOP? if this is so, then my guess is KenoBiWan is going to take a leaf from one of the opposition party's proposal.

Kelonguni
11-03-13, 11:14

30% price decrease of BTOs in non-mature estates means affordability for those who need it and sustainability of rent/prices for landlords in mature estates. It is essentially a de-linking between mature and non-mature estates.

I believe mature-estate flats are minimally affected. Mature-estate flats will be supported because of the idealistic group our forum friends have described so well in the few posts above. Rents and prices will be held up by this group by them continuing to pay high COVs and/or rent to satisfy their 'need' to be in a good location. If they cannot, their parents will throw money to help them get their next to MRT locations in AMK/Bishan/Tiong Bahru.

The losers seem to be those who have bought BTOs and more so Resale in non-mature estates recently. Not sure how this group's grievances would be addressed.

Actually, not much effect. Playing around with sizes, density, lease, quality of materials.

It is possible to reduce sizes by 10%, increase density by 10% (height of building, closeness of blocks), and quality of materials by 10% to reach that so-called 30% reduction.

Another option is to reduce lease by 30 years.

Really not apple-to-apple reduction.

radha08
11-03-13, 14:26
todays papers they say they thinking of one way to rein hdb prices is that you can only sell back your flat to hdb...:doh::doh::doh:

what a joke...this whole hdb saga...

Arcachon
11-03-13, 14:45
todays papers they say they thinking of one way to rein hdb prices is that you can only sell back your flat to hdb...:doh::doh::doh:

what a joke...this whole hdb saga...

Why not, sell back to HDB a fully paid one and buy a BTO and max your loan.

Huat Ah.....

radha08
11-03-13, 14:57
Why not, sell back to HDB a fully paid one and buy a BTO and max your loan.

Huat Ah.....

sell at WHAT price..mkt price or HDB price:cool:

phantom_opera
11-03-13, 15:03
Does that mean our SIA girl will curse?

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew: 'I was on an SIA flight coming home and the air hostess who was serving me, I saw she had a wedding ring, so I said, 'Any children?' She said, 'Not yet.' I said, 'What are you waiting for?' She said, 'For my flat.' So I said, 'Have you got one?' She said, 'Yes, I've got one at Pinnacle@Duxton, on the 48th floor. And I got it on the first booking.' (That's) when the price was lowest. So I said, 'Well, remember that when voting comes.' '

DKSG
11-03-13, 15:09

Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew: 'I was on an SIA flight coming home and the air hostess who was serving me, I saw she had a wedding ring, so I said, 'Any children?' She said, 'Not yet.' I said, 'What are you waiting for?' She said, 'For my flat.' So I said, 'Have you got one?' She said, 'Yes, I've got one at Pinnacle@Duxton, on the 48th floor. And I got it on the first booking.' (That's) when the price was lowest. So I said, 'Well, remember that when voting comes.' '

Strange thing is ... the girl may not get to vote !

DKSG

sgbuyer
11-03-13, 16:08

Tampines PC can cost almost as much as Farrer PC.

It's strange if OCR can cost almost as much as CCR condos, but BTO in Bishan/Tiong Bahru (~$550k for a 4rm) will cost 3x of Sengkang or Punggol (~$180k for a 4 rm)??

In terms of yield, I don't believe a toa payoh BTO can fetch 3x the rental of a sengkang BTO. In fact, the sengkang flat might even fetch a higher rent if it were nearer to an MRT station as compared to the Toa Payoh flat.

In my opinion, the "CCR" BTO will be totally overvalued if this were the case.

:D

minority
11-03-13, 21:31

have u actually tried third world infra before u compare singapore to third world. :doh:

minority
11-03-13, 21:32

mature estate. no impact.

minority
11-03-13, 21:36
sell at WHAT price..mkt price or HDB price:cool:

market price lah. these days wat? want to sell back to HDB $1M and buy BTO at $100K. The people must be stoned.

kane
11-03-13, 21:42
you want to buy cheap and affordable, then naturally, expect that you can only sell it at an "affordable" price back to hdb. no free lunch ah. don't expect market price when you sell back.

august
11-03-13, 23:07
have u actually tried third world infra before u compare singapore to third world. :doh:

better than 3rd world means ok?
have u tried HK mtr?

dare2
12-03-13, 05:42
better than 3rd world means ok?
have u tried HK mtr?
HK is 3rd world standard? Whoa and the property there is among the highest in the world...

Condolauncher
16-10-15, 12:15
HDB prices won't shoot up anytime soon already... check out this article (http://sgpropertyreviews.com/views/ec-or-bto/) =)