PDA

View Full Version : First-timer singles aged 35 & above, earning up to S$5k per month can buy 2-room flat

hovivi
08-03-13, 17:33
Channel NewsAsia Singapore
Just now ·
JUST IN: First-timer singles aged 35 & above, earning up to S$5k per month can buy 2-room flats in non-mature estates, beginning from the July BTO exercise.

-------

Like that when can BTO queue be clear?

timmy
08-03-13, 17:39
Just now ·
JUST IN: First-timer singles aged 35 & above, earning up to S$5k per month can buy 2-room flats in non-mature estates, beginning from the July BTO exercise.

-------

I guess most young couples won't go for 2-room flat, so it won't affect bto queue so much.

jwong71
08-03-13, 17:42
Just now ·

-------

does it means'
2 room flat = 3i hdb flat,
up to 5k = only 5k and below is eligible.???

if like that. many cheong to ballot.

star
08-03-13, 17:42
2 room hdb flat is 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom?

jwong71
08-03-13, 17:44
I guess most young couples won't go for 2-room flat, so it won't affect bto queue so much.

of course couples wont go for small size, its more for singles..
bachelor heaven to them

azeoprop
08-03-13, 17:53
Here's the floor plan of a typical 2 room bto. HDB do not build much of them anyway... not seen in the past few BTO liaoz.

:beats-me-man: http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu07p.nsf/0/12JULBTOCCK_images/$file/12JULBTOCCK_N8C4_fur_50.jpg

jwong71
08-03-13, 17:56
Here's the floor plan of a typical 2 room bto. HDB do not build much of them anyway... not seen in the past few BTO liaoz.

:beats-me-man: http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu07p.nsf/0/12JULBTOCCK_images/$file/12JULBTOCCK_N8C4_fur_50.jpg

wow govt really want the singles stucked to be singles forever huh..??
so small size.

at least 3i hdb, the singles can start a family immediately saving hassle to sell and ballot for 3i or bigger hdb.

2i hdb, i think singles paying full without loan easily sia. punggol 2i hdb from 104k.. whahahahaha

star
08-03-13, 17:57
So 2 room hdb is 1 bedroom.

star
08-03-13, 18:01
So can this 2 room hdb be rent out after MOP? Will it affect mm condo rental?

RCT
08-03-13, 18:20

Below $5k at 35? Hahaha.. I think this will defreeze the PC.. Single will swamp to buy PC....

mcmlxxvi
08-03-13, 18:37
What else can i say. MM huaaaat arrrrrr!!!!!

CM to me is Celebration Measure

mcmlxxvi
08-03-13, 18:39

Rent out? TKK

The reason why we decided on 2rm and not 3rm is exactly for this. Cant rent out any 'room'!

mcmlxxvi
08-03-13, 18:47
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/861372_595486957146031_757888279_o.jpg

august
08-03-13, 18:48

what do u think? :o

wind30
08-03-13, 18:50
This is a good policy.

FRankly, the way to drop hdb resale price is to allow more people to buy BTO.

Once they commit to BTO, straight away they will be out of the resale demand.

The right policy is to allow PRs to buy BTO but that will not go down well with singaporeans.

Allowing singles to buy is also a good idea. Actually they should allow people with higher pay to buy too but at a less subsidized rate.

I mean why can't HDB built 40k flats a year???

jwong71
08-03-13, 18:53
what do u think? :o

2i Hdb rental range from 1.5-2k depend locations.
selling price for 3i in sengkang 370k. Resale 2i min 270-300k over
New bto in sengkang from 104k. Guarantee profit 150k-200k

mcmlxxvi
08-03-13, 18:55
This is a good policy.

FRankly, the way to drop hdb resale price is to allow more people to buy BTO.

Once they commit to BTO, straight away they will be out of the resale demand.

The right policy is to allow PRs to buy BTO but that will not go down well with singaporeans.

Allowing singles to buy is also a good idea. Actually they should allow people with higher pay to buy too but at a less subsidized rate.

I mean why can't HDB built 40k flats a year???

Lock in for a good 10yrs.

BTO construction 5 yrs (remember dwindling foreign workers at our request)
MOP 5 yrs

10 yrs out of the market.

Hello MM. Nice to mmeet you. Shall we dance?

mcmlxxvi
08-03-13, 18:56
2i Hdb rental range from 1.5-2k depend locations.
selling price for 3i in sengkang 370k. Resale 2i min 270-300k over
New bto in sengkang from 104k. Guarantee profit 150k-200k

2i sell to who?

Oh i forgot. To those old singles salary $5001 and above. Lol.

bargain hunter
08-03-13, 18:57
so this is the so called cooling measure of 8th mar lor hahahahahahhaha.

roly8
08-03-13, 19:09
so this is the so called cooling measure of 8th mar lor hahahahahahhaha.

lol.

not CM

mcmlxxvi
08-03-13, 19:14
lol.

not CM

Yes u r right. Cm can peel back one by one in bad times.

This one here to stay.

kane
08-03-13, 19:23
Those 5 to 8k one can buy 3rm bto? Or so far the policy only provides for under 5k.

mcmlxxvi
08-03-13, 19:31
Those 5 to 8k one can buy 3rm bto? Or so far the policy only provides for under 5k.

Hello. Those peeps dont need govt aid.

star
08-03-13, 19:41
Govt is giving everyone an opportunity to huat.

babyt
08-03-13, 19:49
wah 2BR so cheap...about 7 times cheaper than my 1 bedder at 1loft.

was thinking sld i wait for this new or just buy private :beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
08-03-13, 20:21
new SC singles > 35y with income < 5k will be elated

leesg123
08-03-13, 21:21
This policy is not meant to make people rich. But to take of that group of singles who do not earn that much yet cant afford a resale. Also, increasing difficult for them to get married too.

Therefore, hdb should NOT allow it to be resold to public, but to return back to hdb so that it can be recycled for the less privileged single.

mcmlxxvi
09-03-13, 07:14
Alot of 2rm not taken up. Govt is smart to open up to singles to soak up the excess.

Win win.

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13INTV/BP13MSSFlatAvail?sel=SBF&page=mobile&bal=201209

ironmanpower
09-03-13, 09:04
47sqm or 495sqf? Govt also build MM ah?

Lovelle
09-03-13, 09:08

if so then mm rental will go down

sherlock
09-03-13, 10:09
Wonder if they can be rented out after the 5-year MOP... if yes then MM will be hit

Kanarazu
09-03-13, 10:17
Wonder if they can be rented out after the 5-year MOP... if yes then MM will be hit
May promote illegal subletting...

leesg123
09-03-13, 10:45
This wont happen. Bigger flats are meant to form family nucleus and not for individual luxury. If single earning that bracket salary, can buy resale. Gov policy is to encourage singles to form family, but gov also acknowledge that those low income have even more problem getting married as spouse are practical on how much the partner earns. Hence gov cater for this grp of lower income singles.

phantom_opera
09-03-13, 11:38
finally these groups of SCs have a way to defend their savings against rampant money printing in the world

if stock underperforms banana, cash is worse than banana

jwong71
09-03-13, 18:13
2i sell to who?

Oh i forgot. To those old singles salary $5001 and above. Lol.

u sure no buyers for 2i hdb..??

what about amk 2i hdb on transaction for 270k onwards..??

who buying then..??

mcmlxxvi
09-03-13, 19:30
u sure no buyers for 2i hdb..??

what about amk 2i hdb on transaction for 270k onwards..??

who buying then..??

Thank you for supporting hdb mm. :D

Kelonguni
09-03-13, 22:33

Ya got chance. But unlikely to have too many of these, and likely to be in the outskirts.

The singles also need a place to stay right? Would they buy a PC to rent out HDB? Hmmm...

leesg123
09-03-13, 23:12
I will write in to MND to request for it not to be sublet. Reason being thos is a place for them to stay, not as a money making tool, at the expense of tax payers money. This unit if sold as pte property could have yield a few hundred thousands into the state reserve. So, no reason to allow them to rent out.

DC33_2008
10-03-13, 11:09
This group of singles will challenge those married couples who bought HDB and rent out after MOP. There is no end to it once HDB relax the rule more than 10 years ago.
I will write in to MND to request for it not to be sublet. Reason being thos is a place for them to stay, not as a money making tool, at the expense of tax payers money. This unit if sold as pte property could have yield a few hundred thousands into the state reserve. So, no reason to allow them to rent out.

babyt
10-03-13, 13:03

y? u greeneye w these singles izzit?

focus
10-03-13, 14:46

Please do. While you are at it, tell MND to stop all public housing from being sublet out. It is a place for them to stay, not as a money making tool, at the expense of tax payers money. Those units (3-5bedrooms) if sold as pte property could have yielded a few hundred thousands into the state reserve. So, no reason to allow them to rent out.

timmy
10-03-13, 17:31
Please do. While you are at it, tell MND to stop all public housing from being sublet out. It is a place for them to stay, not as a money making tool, at the expense of tax payers money. Those units (3-5bedrooms) if sold as pte property could have yielded a few hundred thousands into the state reserve. So, no reason to allow them to rent out.

Like that not fair leh.. Not everyone who owns hdb get subsidy from govt. Any restriction should be on those who buy direct from HDB and not from resale market. Otherwise, they get penalized twice :doh:

leesg123
10-03-13, 18:17
Please do. While you are at it, tell MND to stop all public housing from being sublet out. It is a place for them to stay, not as a money making tool, at the expense of tax payers money. Those units (3-5bedrooms) if sold as pte property could have yielded a few hundred thousands into the state reserve. So, no reason to allow them to rent out.Of course, that make sense. MND has already tweaked it for PR hdb owner. For the single, direct hdb bto in this case, as the policy is still not full known, it is best made this way otherwise difficult to u-turn.

And, sorry, is not a loss of a few hundred thousands if we are talking about 5rm HDB. Close to $1m opportunity loss to the state reserve.

leesg123
10-03-13, 18:20
y? u greeneye w these singles izzit?not green eye or wat, but want to prevent loop hole again being capitalised by the rich.

E.g. those working for family business singles could declare low income. They could jolly well be staying at pte property with parent. If they can get hold of this super cheap 2rm flat, do you think they will skip it? I am 100% sure they will buy and rent it out or keep for capital appreciation. to discourage such practice, the policy must be hardened. it does not affect those genuine buyers right.

minority
10-03-13, 23:51
not green eye or wat, but want to prevent loop hole again being capitalised by the rich.

E.g. those working for family business singles could declare low income. They could jolly well be staying at pte property with parent. If they can get hold of this super cheap 2rm flat, do you think they will skip it? I am 100% sure they will buy and rent it out or keep for capital appreciation. to discourage such practice, the policy must be hardened. it does not affect those genuine buyers right.

frankly the true rich don't need to play with HDB. there are little to be made there.

While every Singaporean contributed to Singapore. Its also fair they are entitled some part of the benefit. thus 5K salary cap to encourage more capable earners pass 35 to go for other housing i.e. resale.

mcmlxxvi
14-03-13, 11:14
clementi, pasir ris and bt panjang 2rm bto grossly undersubscribed in balance flats

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BP13BTOENQWeb/BP13J011SBFSep12Mobile.jsp