PDA

View Full Version : What is agent commission?

FREDDIE
07-03-13, 17:14
My parent wanted to sell their semi-d but agent wants to charge 2% commission. Personally, I find it is too high as it cost almost $100k. Is that the normal market rate? Thanks in advance for your advise.
:scared-1:

buttercarp
07-03-13, 17:24
My parent wanted to sell their semi-d but agent wants to charge 2% commission. Personally, I find it is too high as it cost almost $100k. Is that the normal market rate? Thanks in advance for your advise.

2% agent commission is the norm for the seller.
However it is negotiable.
Naturally, if the commission is attractive, the agent will be more motivated to market the place.

starrynight
07-03-13, 18:11
Some agents are bargain-able :)

The unit I bought, the agent accepted only 1%(!!). Needless to say, my agent was not too pleased his co-broke fee is only 0.5%.

For a $5m house, I think some agents will gladly take 1.5% comm.

2% agent commission is the norm for the seller.
However it is negotiable.
Naturally, if the commission is attractive, the agent will be more motivated to market the place.

sherlock
07-03-13, 19:08
If he or she can get the price u want, 2% is nothing... negotiate with the agent on a taget basis from a lower commission upwards

FREDDIE
07-03-13, 21:58
If he or she can get the price u want, 2% is nothing... negotiate with the agent on a taget basis from a lower commission upwards

Noted with tks

Rosy
07-03-13, 22:02
2% is ok if the agent can fetch u an offer of 5% above valuation.

WhoAmI?
07-03-13, 22:18

For property price that more than 1.5 mil just go for 1% unless he/she can get very good price for you.
1% of 1.5 mil is $15k and if he co-broke with bother agent he still can get $7.5k.

Shanhz
08-03-13, 08:13
i always tell my agent my target price (to pocket). the rest, she can keep or we share half.

roly8
08-03-13, 08:28
isn't it good that your family got a landed semi-d?

are you guys downgrading to condo or hdb?

yea!! :D
agent also need $$ to search for buyer too.. give them the 2% as a token of appreciation.

eng81157
08-03-13, 08:46
can request to waive off the 7% GST. 7% of $100k = $7k hor.......can go on a nice trip to europe with the money

Shanhz
08-03-13, 09:48
agent also need $$ to search for buyer too.. give them the 2% as a token of appreciation.

bro, say this after you have sold your first ppty. :doh:

hopeful
08-03-13, 10:16
since when agent charge 2% commission for resale private? dont be a carrot head.

radha08
08-03-13, 10:44
i paid my agent 2% when he sold my property even though we agreed and signed for 1% cos he got $30k more than i had expected...he was grateful and aprreciative that i gave him2%...cos he worked hard for it...almost 30 viewings and finally closed....he is now my preffered agent and one of the few that i have high regard for...:cool:...anyway bottomline...COMMISION is flexible...can talk one..:D

lifeline
08-03-13, 13:44
just have to correct wrong perception of 2% commission as standard.
all of my friends and the agents we know (including those cold call ones) work with 1% commission; and they are no less hardworking or less professional. feel that it is in the rapport and interaction - genuine motivated seller (dun waste agent's time) and conscientious agents looking for long-term relationship plus referrals.

mcmlxxvi
08-03-13, 14:14
IN 2007 i nego agent comms at 0.5% as i was the one who approached her with the opportunity and she happened to have a buyer who decided on the first and only viewing.

roly8
08-03-13, 14:43
bro, say this after you have sold your first ppty. :doh:
i doubt it will happen in my lifetime.. :(

WhoAmI?
09-03-13, 12:10
i paid my agent 2% when he sold my property even though we agreed and signed for 1% cos he got $30k more than i had expected...he was grateful and aprreciative that i gave him2%...cos he worked hard for it...almost 30 viewings and finally closed....he is now my preffered agent and one of the few that i have high regard for...:cool:...anyway bottomline...COMMISION is flexible...can talk one..:D

If sold just $30k more than agreement and you willing to pay an additional of 1%. What I think of is 3 room HDB flat. 3 room HDB flat seller 2 % that is normal lar. You are so good and can squeeze the agent to signed 1% com initially.