PDA

View Full Version : Parkway parade roadside waiting area - an OFFENCE

cbsh38584
05-03-13, 12:18
I have rec'd notice of offences for waiting at the parkway parade roadside area (Opp open air starbuck). Pls to do wait at this location as there will be a camera capturing your vehicle at this location.I was picking my son from school at 3pm. Due to the approaching coming Chinese new year. The marine parade hawker center is full of vehicles coming into the carpark. I hv to move my vehicle as I will be causing jam. So I drove my vehicle out & just wait at the Parkway parade roadside for a while. I will appeal to LTA.

Light vehicle park within a demerit oints NO PARKING ZONE under rule 24A road.

rdgs,
Vic

bakasa2002
05-03-13, 12:33
I have rec'd notice of offences for waiting at the parkway parade roadside area (Opp open air starbuck). Pls to do wait at this location as there will be a camera capturing your vehicle at this location.I was picking my son from school at 3pm. Due to the approaching coming Chinese new year. The marine parade hawker center is full of vehicles coming into the carpark. I hv to move my vehicle as I will be causing jam. So I drove my vehicle out & just wait at the Parkway parade roadside for a while. I will appeal to LTA.

rdgs,
Vic

Thanks for sharing. Hope you are successful in yr appeal...

eng81157
05-03-13, 12:40
sorry but i won't give any sympathy votes. it's a one way, single lane road, and to park there means causing a jam and inconveniencing drivers coming in. just shows the level of consideration you have for fellow road users

there are better places to park and wait.

buttercarp
05-03-13, 12:59
Hi vic, thanks for the reminder.
It has been liddat for sometime.

See http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/warning-motorists-visiting-parkway-parade-3630764.html

Actually is there a warning there not to wait apart from the zig zag lines?
I feel that it should only be fair if there are big signs to warn motorists that there are cameras, so it will be a deterrent rather than to catch them quietly.

Also beware that the parking lots immediatly on your left when you enter the carpark through the 2nd entrance... they are for hybrid cars only.
These lot are not properly marked out.
They are green, giving me the impression that it is ok to park.
Once I parked there without knowing it was for hybrid cars.
Second time I parked there, then I realised my mistake after walking a few metres from the car.

onglai
05-03-13, 14:20

rdgs,
Vic

so far my success rate for appeal to HDB is 100%, for LTA is 0%.

buttercarp
05-03-13, 15:15
Yup LTA is relentless.
Even if hv a valid reason they will still award you the points but may reduce fine if reasons are really valid.

cbsh38584
05-03-13, 16:43

There are at least > 30 cars waiting at the parkway road side everyday. Asumming 10 cars will to be issued a summon @$70 (sometime $120). If LTA success rate is zero. That mean LTA will collect $70X10 cars = $700/day or $21k/mth or $252k/yr.

I hv told a old uncle who is waiting at the parkway roadside that there is a camera capturing his car waiting illegally & will issue a summon. He was very surprise & did not know there is a camera. As for the notice of offence letter. LTA will send est 2 weeks later. During the 2 weeks before the LTA letter reach your letter box. You may wait again a few times at the same location. You may end up 2 to 3 summons.

I hv another summon behind bedok point HDB carpark today. I am waiting at the carpark while my wife goes to Bedok Sheng Siong to buy some vegetables. While waiting, I hv a real urgency to go to the toilet.But I know this reporting officer (summon) is very active at 3 locations. Behind Bedok NTUC HDB carpark , blk 216 bedok hawker center & behind bedok point HDB carpark. I got no choice as it is too urgent . I leave my car at the carpark unattended & carry my baby & go to the bedok point toilet & quickly buy some bread for my eldest son. When I am back, this lady reporting officer already started to issue parking offence to at least 5 cars at a LIGHTNING speed. When I approach her. She told me to write to HDB to appeal.

rdgs,
Vic

roly8
05-03-13, 18:56
i can tell you there are more fatimah on the road than few years ago...

people will ask: got $ buy car...no $ to pay fine? :o

Laguna
06-03-13, 19:55
parking in this area during the weekend is a nightmare.
Getting a cab is also not easy...

cbsh38584
06-03-13, 20:38

I went to LTA at Sin Ming to see the officer. To my surprise, it is a young lady (est age 23-27). Very friendly. Her 1st sentence to say to me. "Let me see how I can help you". She even told me that if anybody got financial difficulty to pay the fine, let LTA know. They will wavie it.

rdgs,
Vic

buttercarp
06-03-13, 21:51
I went to LTA at Sin Ming to see the officer. To my surprise, it is a young lady (est age 23-27). Very friendly. Her 1st sentence to say to me. "Let me see how I can help you". She even told me that if anybody got financial difficulty to pay the fine, let LTA know. They will wavie it.

rdgs,
Vic

Wow bro, either they have become so service orientated or you are very handsome?

onglai
06-03-13, 22:18

rdgs,
Vic

Ok next time I try to act poor see can waive or not. Lol.