PDA

View Full Version : Selling HDB flat - How to fetch a good price?

velocitired
27-02-13, 22:33
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and have read many useful advices/tips contributed by gurus here suggesting how to buy a property at the right price, but I think as an intended seller likes myself, I do need good advice on how to sell my HDB flat at the best price I can get. Hope any kind souls here could offer your opinions, all are welcome! Thank you in advance :D

It is pity that I've to sell my prized HDB flat as I bought an EC which will be TOP soon. I think I'll engage agents (but not on an exclusive arrangement) to market my flat, I'll also give myself enough time (about 6 months) so I do not rush into it, but the hardest part would be to determine the amount of COV. Is it ok to take the latest and highest transacted price of those flats with the same size/floor as mine and markup 10% as a buffer for bargain? It is always amazed me of how some flat sellers could ask for a sky high COV and the buyers still bite :o .

Regulators
28-02-13, 00:04
set a price you want and stick to it.

minority
28-02-13, 00:29
Sell to FT confirm good price. Singaporean are just a bunch of stingy penny counters.

radha08
28-02-13, 05:10
best way to sell at good price is DONT sell..keep forever...:D:D:D

case in point assuming u have 3rm flat fully paid can sell about $350k...

U decide to rent out at $1.8k PM....one year collect $20k...:cheers1:
10 years = $200k...;)

Get the picture....of course if u got masionette in bishan can sell 1million...i say SELL and go holiday...:D:D:D

3C
28-02-13, 06:15
He has no choice lah, coz he already bought EC which I will not do in the first place. Everybody want to sell high price but only certain area which are in great demands such as good location & view where buyers auch as rich retirees don't mind after downgraded from landed. Otherwise most of them can only sell at market rate lah..

sherlock
28-02-13, 07:21
Make sure the house is clean, neat when the valuers come for a higher valuation (hopefully) to get a few grand more

Kelonguni
28-02-13, 08:07
He has no choice lah, coz he already bought EC which I will not do in the first place. Everybody want to sell high price but only certain area which are in great demands such as good location & view where buyers auch as rich retirees don't mind after downgraded from landed. Otherwise most of them can only sell at market rate lah..

Now I understand why new but outlying areas price also very good - it's a retiree market!

As in, these are probably people who do not need to live where they work, plus intending to downsize expenses. No wonder...

pod
28-02-13, 14:50
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and have read many useful advices/tips contributed by gurus here suggesting how to buy a property at the right price, but I think as an intended seller likes myself, I do need good advice on how to sell my HDB flat at the best price I can get. Hope any kind souls here could offer your opinions, all are welcome! Thank you in advance :D

It is pity that I've to sell my prized HDB flat as I bought an EC which will be TOP soon. I think I'll engage agents (but not on an exclusive arrangement) to market my flat, I'll also give myself enough time (about 6 months) so I do not rush into it, but the hardest part would be to determine the amount of COV. Is it ok to take the latest and highest transacted price of those flats with the same size/floor as mine and markup 10% as a buffer for bargain? It is always amazed me of how some flat sellers could ask for a sky high COV and the buyers still bite :o .

Try not to get too many agents to market for u. Alot of sellers hav the misconception that more agents means more exposure? U may end up with price wars among the agents with each trying to 'secure' more buyers by advertising a lower asking price to entice them to your unit. Trust me, once the buyers come view, the lowered asking price will more or less leave a mark on them for negotiation. Jus my humble opinion.

Talk to agents first, get the ones with the best personality and integrity if u can find 1. :D

Gd luck!

MLP
28-02-13, 19:04
Why do you need an agent to sell your HDB flat? You can do it all by yourself. HDB website provides you with a detailed step-by-step guide to sell your flat. Believe me, selling your own HDB flat is itself a good and rewarding experience. :2cents:

velocitired
28-02-13, 22:26
Thank you for all your meaningful contribution of opinions coming from different prospectives, and the points are definitely well taken. Selling the flat by myself is indeed one option, and may be rewarding, but I know I won't be able to do a good job for many underlying reasons, so to let the expert with good track records (an agent of good personality and integrity as suggested by Pod) and good connections / skills / knowledge etc to market on behalf is the only option I would consider now.

Like many Singaporeans, upgrading from a HDB flat to a condo unit is one of the aspirations in life to live in a better and more comforatable environment (no offence, I only share what I think it is). Believe me, we did wrestle a fair bit before plunge into buying an EC, besides the considerations of its location near to our kids' school, relatively near to the town centre / MRT, the notion of EC is priced averagely 25%-30% below the market price suggested that the potential upside in value of a new EC will be out-stripped of our current near 20+ yrs old HDB flat (though with a bigger floor area) anytime soon. So I'm glad I've made that decision to upgrade.

wind30
01-03-13, 05:50

now you will see more HDB supply coming up once all the EC/BTO TOP.

hopefully it will bring down the prices since these people NEED to sell.

Reuben
01-03-13, 11:05
Hi

Why u didnt consider buying PC instead of EC? If you buy PC, still can keep your HDB.

Shanhz
01-03-13, 11:57
Hi

Why u didnt consider buying PC instead of EC? If you buy PC, still can keep your HDB.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$