PDA

View Full Version : Pay normalization for investment bankers

phantom_opera
22-02-13, 08:45
UBS to slash bonuses to encourage people to leave and avoid having to pay severance. The bank intends to make 10,000 investment banking layoffs over the next three years. “If UBS can persuade people to leave voluntarily, it will save large amounts of money,” said Dirk Becker at Kepler Capital Markets.
====================

Barclays PLC is laying off 15% of its employees, or about 70 people, from its investment-banking division across Asia. The Asian job cuts come as the bank is laying off about 10% of its investment-banking workforce world-wide, or some 2,000 employees

====================

=> this ain't good for Singapore CCR rental

Lovelle
22-02-13, 08:50
especially applies to those at marina bay area..

roly8
22-02-13, 08:53
=> this ain't good for Singapore CCR rental

probably temporary only...

the emerging market is still the driver.. but i would put my money in shanghai or hongkong CCR if i can ...these two are the hottie for the future!

phantom_opera
22-02-13, 08:57
I still remember the glorious days where any "investment banking" related sector has 6 months to 1 year bonus

Since the beginning of 2011, about 160,000 job cuts in this sector have been announced and the process is not yet complete. Since 2009, 'net' job losses from 29 leading banks have reached 83,700. The staff operating on the fixed-income side of the industry has been mostly spared and it has been the equity side, particularly the investment bankers, that has taken the brunt of the damage

hutsutau
22-02-13, 11:57
probably temporary only...

the emerging market is still the driver.. but i would put my money in shanghai or hongkong CCR if i can ...these two are the hottie for the future!

Yeah you're right. Hong kong got big brother china to look after, singapore don't