PDA

View Full Version : Sideway consolidation has begun

phantom_opera
21-02-13, 15:02
With today's 3% mini-crash in Shanghai Stock Market and US Fed "talking down" the stock market ... we have entered the next phase of central bank manipulation ... they want everything to go sideway

low growth, low return ... better go home and sleep :banghead:

:beats-me-man:

roly8
21-02-13, 15:04
and after consolidation?
a breakup to the north?:o

sherlock
21-02-13, 15:13
The market has been over-brought recently... its time for correction :ashamed1:

Allthepies
21-02-13, 16:51
With today's 3% mini-crash in Shanghai Stock Market and US Fed "talking down" the stock market ... we have entered the next phase of central bank manipulation ... they want everything to go sideway

If like this really no choice, have to keep on working, no more early retirement :(

roly8
21-02-13, 19:35

gold? stocks?

pmet
21-02-13, 20:55

This is just the foretaste (speculation). The FED have not done anything yet, let alone anything substantial. The day hot money starts to unwinds will be worse than terrorism :eek:

phantom_opera
21-02-13, 21:15
This is just the foretaste (speculation). The FED have not done anything yet, let alone anything substantial. The day hot money starts to unwinds will be worse than terrorism :eek:

that's why Bernanke specialty is not Economy but managing marketing expectation :tongue3: if talking is working ... just talk loh ;)

proud owner
21-02-13, 22:06

so strange

just before lunar new year ... a good buddy called to tell me to exit all stocks if i have any ...

buttercarp
21-02-13, 22:34
so strange

just before lunar new year ... a good buddy called to tell me to exit all stocks if i have any ...
Wah ur buddy got good 3rd eye.
What else did he tell u..... can share share?

Shanhz
22-02-13, 07:50
so strange

i also got third eye.
expect big mkt crash in mid april. :D

roly8
22-02-13, 08:10
i also got third eye.

could it be bad company annual report?

phantom_opera
22-02-13, 08:36
The Singapore economy grew a better-than-expected 1.3 per cent last year

=> 1.3% is "better-than-expected" ... our ST reporter really silly

but median family income up 7.5% with inflation at almost 5% ... if this trend continues ... we inflate ourselves until the moon liao :tongue3:

minority
22-02-13, 08:48
The Singapore economy grew a better-than-expected 1.3 per cent last year

=> 1.3% is "better-than-expected" ... our ST reporter really silly

but median family income up 7.5% with inflation at almost 5% ... if this trend continues ... we inflate ourselves until the moon liao :tongue3:

well self inflicted labour shortage and cost of automation. will continue to push up basic cost. This will continue to fan inflation. I call this self inflicted by what the people wants.

So we have to live with it. coz thats what "we" wanted right?

All want low growth high wage gain right?

phantom_opera
22-02-13, 08:50
well self inflicted labour shortage and cost of automation. will continue to push up basic cost. This will continue to fan inflation. I call this self inflicted by what the people wants.

then PAP raises COE and ABSD and REIT rentals to the moon and then transfer a bit to the poor and the rest goes into Temasek / GIC

eng81157
22-02-13, 08:56

eh hare-brained, opposition have already reiterated the import of FTs should not be done in a broad sweep but industry specific, but the government is the one insisting on tightening the tap.

check your facts. oh wait, u can't even spell right.........

minority
22-02-13, 09:09
hey wood brain. did i say opposition? I say its what the people want. Less now!. can u read? or ur head too much wood? and also blind?

minority
22-02-13, 09:10
then PAP raises COE and ABSD and REIT rentals to the moon and then transfer a bit to the poor and the rest goes into Temasek / GIC

no ABSD then all complain speculation. how? price go to moon also without cap. then people also pay more and contribute to inflation.

minority
22-02-13, 09:14
eh hare-brained, opposition have already reiterated the import of FTs should not be done in a broad sweep but industry specific, but the government is the one insisting on tightening the tap.

check your facts. oh wait, u can't even spell right.........

isnce u are on the top of opposition. They call for total freeze in foreign labour for next few years. How about that? Check u facts wood head.

eng81157
22-02-13, 09:16
hey wood brain. did i say opposition? I say its what the people want. Less now!. can u read? or ur head too much wood? and also blind?

wah piang moron, the statement is to refute your claims that "people" want FTs out of singapore, not shifting the context of the debate.

not only you can't spell, but..... oh wait, pardon me that i forgot you can't even process logic

p.s. i'm trying my best not to scoff, so please don't give me more ammunitions to do so

eng81157
22-02-13, 09:19
isnce u are on the top of opposition. They call for total freeze in foreign labour for next few years. How about that? Check u facts wood head.

WAHAHAHAHA

now you just proved that you can't even read

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/wps-position-foreign-workers-has-been-consistent-20130216

"The statements described by Mr Liew were made during an exchange between Mr Low and Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam on the issue of whether the dependency ratio ceiling for foreign workers could be managed by specific industries instead of by broad industry clusters.
It was not a debate on the growth rate of foreign workers or the input of foreign workers to the workforce.

In fact, Mr Low made clear his stand on foreign workers in his speech in Parliament during the same Budget debate last year.

He said: "I agree we should not be over-reliant on foreign workers; we should not allow foreign workers to take away Singaporeans' rice bowls. This is not protectionism, but a responsibility of the Government to the people. However, we also know that we have limited population, (and) we need foreign workers to fill up the gap in our domestic labour market."

minority
22-02-13, 09:24
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1252888/1/.html

"Workers' Party's proposal for a zero-foreign manpower growth in this decade"

maybe ur vision have problem? oh forgot WP just doing flip flop.

WP Paper call for freeze then next moment say not. so wats the real deal? talk so cheap?

and dumb wood head like u believe all the dump.

"WP needs to decide on its stand - and stick to it
THE Population White Paper raises serious issues about our future and therefore warrants committed and honest debate in Parliament.

Last week's discussions were robust and passionate, drawing the best from our MPs.

However, I am concerned about some apparent contradictions voiced by the Workers' Party (WP) on the issue of foreign workers.

During the Budget debate in Parliament last year, WP chief Low Thia Khiang criticised government measures to tighten the foreign worker inflow.

He argued that this was done too quickly and should happen at a slower and more gradual pace.

As an operator of a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME), I saw merit in his argument.

Moreover, since foreign workers are crucial to our companies, Mr Low expressed concern that many SMEs would have to shut down.

To my dismay and shock, the WP seems to have changed its stance on foreign workers this year.

It now advocates a freeze on foreign worker numbers in Singapore ("MPs spar over WP plan to grow local workforce, cap foreign labour"; Feb 6).

The foreign worker issue is undoubtedly a serious one as it directly affects our economy and the livelihoods of many Singaporeans, many of whom are employed by SMEs.

The WP needs to decide on its stand and stick to it.

Singaporeans like me need to know what its position is.
Patrick Liew Siow Gian
ST Forum, 14 Feb 2013
"

eng81157
22-02-13, 09:30
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1252888/1/.html

"Workers' Party's proposal for a zero-foreign manpower growth in this decade"

maybe ur vision have problem? oh forgot WP just doing flip flop.

WP Paper call for freeze then next moment say not. so wats the real deal? talk so cheap?

and dumb wood head like u believe all the dump.

"WP needs to decide on its stand - and stick to it
THE Population White Paper raises serious issues about our future and therefore warrants committed and honest debate in Parliament.

Last week's discussions were robust and passionate, drawing the best from our MPs.

However, I am concerned about some apparent contradictions voiced by the Workers' Party (WP) on the issue of foreign workers.

During the Budget debate in Parliament last year, WP chief Low Thia Khiang criticised government measures to tighten the foreign worker inflow.

He argued that this was done too quickly and should happen at a slower and more gradual pace.

As an operator of a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME), I saw merit in his argument.

Moreover, since foreign workers are crucial to our companies, Mr Low expressed concern that many SMEs would have to shut down.

To my dismay and shock, the WP seems to have changed its stance on foreign workers this year.

It now advocates a freeze on foreign worker numbers in Singapore ("MPs spar over WP plan to grow local workforce, cap foreign labour"; Feb 6).

The foreign worker issue is undoubtedly a serious one as it directly affects our economy and the livelihoods of many Singaporeans, many of whom are employed by SMEs.

The WP needs to decide on its stand and stick to it.

Singaporeans like me need to know what its position is.
Patrick Liew Siow Gian
ST Forum, 14 Feb 2013
"

eh moron, go read WP statement on Straits Times.

oh ya, in case you don't know that MSM have the gift of conjuring misleading headlines in news report and your arguments are hinged on such headlines.

gg

sherlock
22-02-13, 09:31
i also got third eye.

I hope your 3rd eye is ZHUN ;) I've also exited most of my stock holdings recently

minority
22-02-13, 09:32

oh ya, in case you don't know that MSM have the gift of conjuring misleading headlines in news report and your arguments are hinged on such headlines.

gg

oh yeah the flip flop statement? brick head? which 1? the 1 before or the 1 after? or u only remember the last statement? coz ur brian is bricked..?

eng81157
22-02-13, 09:35
oh yeah the flip flop statement? brick head? which 1? the 1 before or the 1 after? or u only remember the last statement? coz ur brian is bricked..?

please point out where the flip flop is - the statement and manifesto are all online.
"BRIAN" wahahahahaha!!! :doh: eh, you forgot to use spell check

hear me on this, don't keep making a fool out of yourself

minority
22-02-13, 09:37
please point out where the flip flop is - the statement and manifesto are all online.

u are blinded but ur bricked brain. :doh: :doh: :doh:

eng81157
22-02-13, 09:46
u are blinded but ur bricked brain. :doh: :doh: :doh:

WAHAHAHA, let me help you : you mean blinded BY

don't anyhow use conjunctions if you don't know hor

buttercarp
22-02-13, 11:49
i also got third eye.

Wah sei!
My 3rd eye tells me it will be in the later half of the year....August perhaps.
LOL..... suddenly so many of us developed an extra eye!

eng81157
22-02-13, 11:50
Wah sei!
My 3rd eye tells me it will be in the later half of the year....August perhaps.
LOL..... suddenly so many of us developed an extra eye!

me thinks mid year, the old adage "sell in april and go away"

buttercarp
22-02-13, 12:20
me thinks mid year, the old adage "sell in april and go away"

Some say April, some say May.
How did this come about?

eng81157
22-02-13, 12:23
How did this come about?

it's about some age-old holiday season thingie

Shanhz
22-02-13, 12:42
How did this come about?

i think it is supposed to be May.. the saying i mean

minority
22-02-13, 14:05
“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.

buttercarp
22-02-13, 16:19
“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
― Martin Luther King, Jr.
I thought this group of people live in ignorant bliss?

minority
22-02-13, 16:22
I thought this group of people live in ignorant bliss?

can be blissfully ignorant. but painfully stupid ?

thomastansb
22-02-13, 16:45
It's a known fact that they prata. Their prata skill really solid.

I am totally confused by their insincerity and flip flopping. They say whatever that is nice to hear only. No substance.

But to be fair, WP is the best opposition out there. But to run a country? No way. Have yet to see a single good policy. Prata so far..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=474129115976435&set=a.474129092643104.116283.213440582045291&type=1

thomastansb
22-02-13, 16:48
Btw, you should go read up on the ministerial salary debate by Gerald Giam.

You will repent if you voted for them. No joke. Go see. What happen to their first world parliament? Such sloppy work doesn't cut well with first world parliament.

gg

phantom_opera
22-02-13, 16:55
I agree with Thomas ... WP candidates probably care about poor/old but when it comes to economic stuff they do not have any talents ... otherwise they would have question the interest rate peg, the inflation numbers, Temasek result etc

minority
22-02-13, 16:56

gg

Yeah all must be like u read all the online hate blogs n belive in bs all conjure up so u feel good right?

Don't kid urself. Opps for got u too blind to see.

thomastansb
22-02-13, 17:21
It is easy to pick up something and say "you are lousy". You suck. Out of 100 tasks/policies, if 80 turn out well, it is an A grade Government. You want 100/100, then you better migrate to heaven.

I have some friends who keep saying PAP sucks. HDB now 1M already. What dumb asses. They have HDB flats also. Isn't that good for them? I can't get over this statement. Shouldn't mix around too much with such people. They will drag down your intelligence level.

Yeah all must be like u read all the online hate blogs n belive in bs all conjure up so u feel good right?

Don't kid urself. Opps for got u too blind to see.

august
22-02-13, 18:05
It is easy to pick up something and say "you are lousy". You suck. Out of 100 tasks/policies, if 80 turn out well, it is an A grade Government. You want 100/100, then you better migrate to heaven.

I have some friends who keep saying PAP sucks. HDB now 1M already. What dumb asses. They have HDB flats also. Isn't that good for them? I can't get over this statement. Shouldn't mix around too much with such people. They will drag down your intelligence level.

It is even easier to proclaim oneself as very good and competent, especially with the help of a controlled media that sings daily praises and rosy propaganda for decades while obscuring bad news. Luckily not everyone suffers from the lack of critical thinking skills. :o

Rosy
23-02-13, 13:30
Back to original topic.

I am waiting for the correction/sideway to be over and enter the market again especially china market. May drag on for months. Patience is virtue.

phantom_opera
23-02-13, 13:33
Back to original topic.

I am waiting for the correction/sideway to be over and enter the market again especially china market. May drag on for months. Patience is virtue.

2250-2300 can accumulate

Rosy
23-02-13, 13:37
2250-2300 can accumulate

I am looking at 2400 or sse50 1750. Drop more than that is not a correction anymore.

onglai
23-02-13, 14:07
2250-2300 can accumulate

wah 1000 points leh... that will take a while to correct man!

if that happens, property will be affected too

Shanhz
23-02-13, 19:12
I agree with Thomas ... WP candidates probably care about poor/old but when it comes to economic stuff they do not have any talents ... otherwise they would have question the interest rate peg, the inflation numbers, Temasek result etc

we should have 2 layers of govt - they call it the upper and lower house? the policies should be set by PAP. the daily community work should be done by WP, and PAP MPs like TPL and LBW who cannot say the right things in public.

WP is good.. attending funerals, solving local problems. they have the heart and are close to the ground.

Shanhz
23-02-13, 19:14

it is like those pple in office who bitch about every other damn thing in office. but ask them to set policies and take the lead, they disappear.

Shanhz
23-02-13, 19:15

economist talking about STI at 2,000 points between march to july 2013

Rosy
23-02-13, 21:36
Do u have the link? I did not come across such bold prediction.

It will be very NICE if it really happens.

Rosy
23-02-13, 21:38

I think he is refering to china market.

onglai
23-02-13, 22:18
I oso got third eye but it grow at the back of my head. So it can only see things after they happened. Hehe

Shanhz
24-02-13, 10:20
Do u have the link? I did not come across such bold prediction.

It will be very NICE if it really happens.

No, not a link. No one will be so bold. I attended a recent talk

sherlock
24-02-13, 13:20
That is a pretty steep drop. 35% off man...whee!!

roly8
25-02-13, 12:24
i would not even suggest anyone to play stocks nowadays..
very dangerous..:ashamed1:

minority
25-02-13, 12:29
But keep cash also dangerous.....

phantom_opera
26-02-13, 07:16
hmmm a major reversal last night ... a sign to take note :scared-1:

indomie
26-02-13, 08:31
hmmm a major reversal last night ... a sign to take note :scared-1:
This market is an addict junkie. Always make promise to get clean and sober up, but always go back to the dealer (the fed) to get another fix to get high.

phantom_opera
26-02-13, 08:33
This market is an addict junkie. Always make promise to get clean and sober up, but always go back to the dealer (the fed) to get another fix to get high.

do u think US Fed this time got any bullets left :scared-4:

Japan still a joy ride lol

eng81157
26-02-13, 08:36

it's the bullet from the same clip as always - debt

phantom_opera
26-02-13, 08:42
FX carry trade is name of the game .... Soros made tonnes of money shorting JPY ... then who are the losers?

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2013/02/20130225_FX2_0.jpg

eng81157
26-02-13, 09:12
FX carry trade is name of the game .... Soros made tonnes of money shorting JPY ... then who are the losers?

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2013/02/20130225_FX2_0.jpg

the corporate JP giants who are loyally buying JP govt debt

indomie
26-02-13, 09:14

US can only recover for real when they somehow can reverse the trend and start to export to china. Until such time the only way they can sell to their own people is to print money. How long do u think it takes for US to beat china in trade? Forever maybe.

indomie
26-02-13, 12:31
http://m.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/feb/24/markets-struggling-serious-drug-habit

phantom_opera
26-02-13, 14:44
China-A is approach 2,250 ...

-32.48 -1.40%

phantom_opera
13-03-13, 22:29
ok ... China central bank put their words into action (controlling inflation)... but Bernanke and Abe still supporting the stock market

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2013/03/20130313_SHSPX_0.jpg