PDA

View Full Version : how to obtain subdivision approval of strata office?

sunny88
18-02-13, 10:16
Hi, has anyone gone through the above procedure?

I heard that the first step is to engage a registered surveyor to obtain subdivision approval from URA. Next would be to engage lawyers to do the registration.

Does anyone know the costs involved to obtain a subdivision to convert one office unit into two? Especially the obtaining of approval.

Thank you!

stl67
18-02-13, 12:41
Hi, has anyone gone through the above procedure?

I heard that the first step is to engage a registered surveyor to obtain subdivision approval from URA. Next would be to engage lawyers to do the registration.

Does anyone know the costs involved to obtain a subdivision to convert one office unit into two? Especially the obtaining of approval.

Thank you!

The procedure you have listed is correct.
I think the cost is surveyor > 9k (depends on site), Standard Lawyer fees and SLA fees too...

Last, I am not sure if you need to pay DC since you are intensifying the usage of the area...

sunny88
18-02-13, 13:10
:scared-4: More than $9k - excluding lawyer fees? That's a lot.

The office unit concerned is just about 1000sqf and to be subdivided into 2 strata lots/titles.

The legal fees are about $5-6k.

Some surveyors I contacted are not keen to give quote as it is a "small" deal. So I thought surveyors costs would only be less than $5k.

stl67
18-02-13, 22:16
:scared-4: More than $9k - excluding lawyer fees? That's a lot.

The office unit concerned is just about 1000sqf and to be subdivided into 2 strata lots/titles.

The legal fees are about $5-6k.

Some surveyors I contacted are not keen to give quote as it is a "small" deal. So I thought surveyors costs would only be less than $5k.
You see for my case, it was on a bigger site. So this maybe the reason.