PDA

View Full Version : Hidden inflation through cutting corners

phantom_opera
15-02-13, 13:58
Interesting article @ ZeroHedge

Use of horse meat or replace whisky with water ok lah, better than horrible Chinese milk powder or toxic oil

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-02-14/hidden-inflation-everywhere-watered-down-bourbon-horse-meat-chili

Same thing is happening to SG condos??

Marble => compressed marble or marble like home tiles (or worse ceramic)
Parquet => laminated wood
Italian => China
:beats-me-man:

sgbuyer
15-02-13, 14:35
Interesting article @ ZeroHedge

Use of horse meat or replace whisky with water ok lah, better than horrible Chinese milk powder or toxic oil

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-02-14/hidden-inflation-everywhere-watered-down-bourbon-horse-meat-chili

Same thing is happening to SG condos??

Marble => compressed marble or marble like home tiles (or worse ceramic)
Parquet => laminated wood
Italian => China
:beats-me-man:

A lot of landed property built in 1970s are even solid and sturdy than brand new condos built today.

If there's a freak earthquake that hits East Sumatra, they will stand, but not so sure about the new condos.

Jaykj
15-02-13, 15:26
A lot of landed property built in 1970s are even solid and sturdy than brand new condos built today.

If there's a freak earthquake that hits East Sumatra, they will stand, but not so sure about the new condos.

Very true! Take a look at those landed built by Bkt Sembawang eg Nim Cresent area. Even after all these years (30??) they are still solid and only minimal repairs has to be done. It pains me to see people tearing them down just to build another level or attic :beats-me-man: I understand if its expanding family size like 2 generation to 3/4 generations or multiple families under 1 roof. But sometimes its just 1 couple with 2 kids and maybe 1 grand parent....

Personally, with more rooms and levels, I find that family members interact less. My peference is really 2.5 levels max....

leesg123
15-02-13, 16:22
developer have margin of 3% on the floor area. so they can max out by shrinking 3%.

zzz1
16-02-13, 14:02
Very true! Take a look at those landed built by Bkt Sembawang eg Nim Cresent area. Even after all these years (30??) they are still solid and only minimal repairs has to be done. It pains me to see people tearing them down just to build another level or attic :beats-me-man: I understand if its expanding family size like 2 generation to 3/4 generations or multiple families under 1 roof. But sometimes its just 1 couple with 2 kids and maybe 1 grand parent....

Personally, with more rooms and levels, I find that family members interact less. My peference is really 2.5 levels max....
The outer thing is dinning, dinning together is already hard to come by. I have seen families dine finish and the children flash out the phone or tablet and sink into their own world. There almost no inteaction..

heehee
16-02-13, 16:55
Very funny, what a good joke.
On serious note, landed will collapse first because they have no piling. :D