PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical carpark

irisng
12-02-13, 08:54
Does S'pore mechanical car park also work in this way like Taiwan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdXVyZ3uw-8

mcmlxxvi
12-02-13, 09:45
Those that I came across, you need to get down and press some code or use some key, then the door will open. Next you drive in, unload yourselves and stuff, exit, and press something and your car will be allocated and moved to some deep dark corner of the multi storey mech carpark which see no day light.

When you return, you press some code (if you forgot then good luck) or use the key and retrieve your car.

irisng
12-02-13, 10:46
Those that I came across, you need to get down and press some code or use some key, then the door will open. Next you drive in, unload yourselves and stuff, exit, and press something and your car will be allocated and moved to some deep dark corner of the multi storey mech carpark which see no day light.

When you return, you press some code (if you forgot then good luck) or use the key and retrieve your car.

Oic, it looks more or less the same as the link that I had posted. I wonder how it works when there are 7 storey of the mechanical carpark and you are staying at the 7th storey, so do we follow the lift to the 7th storey and park our car there, then unload ourselves and stuff, exit, then press something and let the car park by itself in the allocated lot.

What happen if the mechanical carpark break down?

mcmlxxvi
12-02-13, 11:15
Oic, it looks more or less the same as the link that I had posted. I wonder how it works when there are 7 storey of the mechanical carpark and you are staying at the 7th storey, so do we follow the lift to the 7th storey and park our car there, then unload ourselves and stuff, exit, then press something and let the car park by itself in the allocated lot.

You only have one small access to the mech car lift. Esp for small developments in Geylang. More often than not, those access are thru small narrow back lanes. I still wouldn't recommend buying Geylang MM projects for own stay especially if one drives.

We are not talking about The Hamilton at Scotts here. You certainly won't get to drive your car anywhere other than the ground level. I don't mean to sound bitchy. It's just how it is.

So the car lift will not take anyone to levels other than the ground level, unless you accidentally lock yourself in the car after pressing the GO button. Then you can start re-enacting the famous MI4 fight scene in mech car park. http://youtu.be/8lkq3YTr6Oo

If the car lift breaks down (which in certain projects by certain developers can be quite frequent), everyone's car will be trapped inside until the servicing team comes. And we should pray also then that the service line is 24 hours. Coz you don't wanna that to happen when you come home after late night party - at most just park by road side elsewhere, so not too bad. What's the worse that can happen? 7am in the morning when you need to take the car out to get to work. But then you can always hail a cab. So car lift breakdown is really over exaggerated inconvenience. EXCEPT, if it happens way too often, then it becomes a total nuisance which negates the point of having a carpark and paying for it every month.

zzz1
12-02-13, 13:36
I see that if there any mechanical failure on the bottle neck, the entire system may fail.

Don know why, I am just skeptical to this mechanical system.. Maybe not common in Singapore

babyt
12-02-13, 15:25
i wonder how do guests park in the such condo? or they are not supposed to park inside? lol

mcmlxxvi
13-02-13, 10:41
i wonder how do guests park in the such condo? or they are not supposed to park inside? lol

Get the owner to park on behalf. But one lot only I guess.

zeamybro
13-02-13, 14:29

Sis, my friend stays in a geylang apartment with a 3 storey mechanical carpark with about 20 lots. He said that typically it does not take him more than 5min to retrieve his car every morning.

But he had 2 experiences of having his car stuck in the mechanical carpark over the weekends... as technical support was only available on working days (for his case).

Kanarazu
14-02-13, 05:18
Is the correct term "mechanized" as opposed to mechanical car park?

irisng
14-02-13, 07:44
Sis, my friend stays in a geylang apartment with a 3 storey mechanical carpark with about 20 lots. He said that typically it does not take him more than 5min to retrieve his car every morning.

But he had 2 experiences of having his car stuck in the mechanical carpark over the weekends... as technical support was only available on working days (for his case).

Thanks for sharing your friend's experience. I think most the things there are pro and con, it depends on whether one's mind it or not. There is no 100% perfect, just hope that it won't break down so often :p .
Happy New Year, everybody.:cheers4:

zeamybro
14-02-13, 08:04
Thanks for sharing your friend's experience. I think most the things there are pro and con, it depends on whether one's mind it or not. There is no 100% perfect, just hope that it won't break down so often :p .

Happy New Year sis....

Yah anyway plenty of parallel parking lots along the Geylang lorongs... and they are free from 5pm onwards for weekdays and full day on sunday... No worries!

zzz1
14-02-13, 10:15

i think as it become more common and more reliable it become.
the response time is important. Same like lifts, the response needs to be 24x7.

Happy CNY too ..

zzz1
14-02-13, 10:16
Happy New Year sis....

Yah anyway plenty of parallel parking lots along the Geylang lorongs... and they are free from 5pm onwards for weekdays and full day on sunday... No worries!
hmm..
u seem to be very familiar when come to lorongs..LOl

zzz1
14-02-13, 10:19

i quite surprise that the maintenance support is on regular working days.
Crucial service such as lifts and this need to be 24x7.. and devil usually strike on the weeks end. :doh:

zeamybro
14-02-13, 10:49
hmm..
u seem to be very familiar when come to lorongs..LOl

lol .. yeah i frequent the geylang lorongs as i visit the buddhist temples there often (like real) .... lol.. Hows your gardening coming along grandpa zzz1? Phalaenopsis selling at very reasonable price for this CNY ... easy to maintain.

i quite surprise that the maintenance support is on regular working days.
Crucial service such as lifts and this need to be 24x7.. and devil usually strike on the weeks end. :doh:

Oh according to my friend, the 2 unfortunate incidents he faced over the weekends were 'special' cases. On both occasion, a car was not parked properly and the misalignments had resulted in the cp system jam ... They needed to wait till the next working day for some specialized help to remove the side cages to clear the jams and such. I guess for normal faults, the regular technical support team should be easily available :)

zzz1
14-02-13, 11:24
lol .. yeah i frequent the geylang lorongs as i visit the buddhist temples there often (like real) .... lol.. Hows your gardening coming along grandpa zzz1? Phalaenopsis selling at very reasonable price for this CNY ... easy to maintain.

Oh according to my friend, the 2 unfortunate incidents he faced over the weekends were 'special' cases. On both occasion, a car was not parked properly and the misalignments had resulted in the cp system jam ... They needed to wait till the next working day for some specialized help to remove the side cages to clear the jams and such. I guess for normal faults, the regular technical support team should be easily available :)

a learning to appreciate green then to hand on them. hehe

we have alot of kayu drivers, all we need is one and the whole week end gone...

mcmlxxvi
15-02-13, 10:02
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/3/b/b/5/3bb50832051286_1_V550.jpg

zzz1
15-02-13, 10:56
http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/3/b/b/5/3bb50832051286_1_V550.jpg

Keep the finger cross that the design parameter taken the mass model..

Small lorries cannot park Liao ...

Not sure if any owner know their car specifications , I am one that don know the dimension and weight. And most ppl wil assume their car are within the design limit. Unless u drive a super duper high end and unusual model...

mcmlxxvi
15-02-13, 11:10
Keep the finger cross that the design parameter taken the mass model..

Small lorries cannot park Liao ...

Not sure if any owner know their car specifications , I am one that don know the dimension and weight. And most ppl wil assume their car are within the design limit. Unless u drive a super duper high end and unusual model...

SUV miniSUV etc can forget about MM projects...

hopeful
15-02-13, 12:03
SUV miniSUV etc can forget about MM projects...

suv where got so big?
toyota landcruiser or even hyundai h1 smaller than the dimensions depicted.

mcmlxxvi
15-02-13, 15:37
suv where got so big?
toyota landcruiser or even hyundai h1 smaller than the dimensions depicted.

Oh. I stand corrected. psps

irisng
16-02-13, 21:04
Today, just came across a new project at the NW. Residential area build on top of the MRT, bus interchange, malls and residential carpark. Unfortunately with the CM7, not worth to buy a 3rd ppty now. Wonder whether is it advisable to give up my Geylang ppty and purchase this new devt but if this is the case, I will have to pay for SSD because my UC Geylang ppty is only 2 yrs old. Another reason for withholding whether to give up my Geylang ppty is the location and amenities there. I really like the location there. I don't care about the vice, as long as the "customers" or the vice don't come and harrass us or do some "uncivilised action" in the public, it will be fine. They are just like normal people standing at the roadside meeting their friends. But of course, if vice can be relocated, it will be much better as this will bring up the value of the ppty there, haha.

buttercarp
16-02-13, 21:19
Today, just came across a new project at the NW. Residential area build on top of the MRT, bus interchange, malls and residential carpark. Unfortunately with the CM7, not worth to buy a 3rd ppty now. Wonder whether is it advisable to give up my Geylang ppty and purchase this new devt but if this is the case, I will have to pay for SSD because my UC Geylang ppty is only 2 yrs old. Another reason for withholding whether to give up my Geylang ppty is the location and amenities there. I really like the location there. I don't care about the vice, as long as the "customers" or the vice don't come and harrass us or do some "uncivilised action" in the public, it will be fine. They are just like normal people standing at the roadside meeting their friends. But of course, if vice can be relocated, it will be much better as this will bring up the value of the ppty there, haha.

Hi sis, new project at NW (NW = north west)?
You mean the one at Bukit Panjang?

If I were you, I won't give up the Geylang one for all the reasons that you have mentioned, ie have to pay SSD, have to give up preferred location.
If ever want to give up, then sell after the 4 years is up.

What about your present place?
Ever thought of selling your present place and then buy the new project?

That means you stay in the Geylang one till 4 years is up, then consider selling it.
By that time, the new project at NW will almost be ready for you to shift in.

price
16-02-13, 22:00
Hi sis, new project at NW (NW = north west)?
You mean the one at Bukit Panjang?

If I were you, I won't give up the Geylang one for all the reasons that you have mentioned, ie have to pay SSD, have to give up preferred location.
If ever want to give up, then sell after the 4 years is up.

What about your present place?
Ever thought of selling your present place and then buy the new project?

That means you stay in the Geylang one till 4 years is up, then consider selling it.
By that time, the new project at NW will almost be ready for you to shift in.

Not forgetting 2nd properties' ABSD now. You'll incur SSD + ABSD :(

irisng
16-02-13, 22:08
Not forgetting 2nd properties' ABSD now. You'll incur SSD + ABSD :(

Even if I sell my current ppty, I won't be able to make it too because the new devt is going to launch soon. It will still consider as 3rd ppty, right?

Today, just happen to realise that how my sister's daughter-in-law envy my current place for having such a good amenities. though there is no MRT around my area at the present moment. :ashamed1:

If I use my daughter's name, will it affect her purchase to buy BTO in future?

buttercarp
16-02-13, 22:15
Even if I sell my current ppty, I won't be able to make it too because the new devt is going to launch soon. It will still consider as 3rd ppty, right?

Yes. It will be considered 3rd property unless you have sold one of your existing properties.

buttercarp
16-02-13, 22:19
If I use my daughter's name, will it affect her purchase to buy BTO in future?

In future, if she wants to buy a new BTO, she must sell off the PC and wait for 30 months before she can apply for a new BTO.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatEligibilitytobuynewHDBflat#PrivateProperty

irisng
16-02-13, 23:11
In future, if she wants to buy a new BTO, she must sell off the PC and wait for 30 months before she can apply for a new BTO.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatEligibilitytobuynewHDBflat#PrivateProperty

Thank you. Sign... maybe have to give up the idea of purchasing another pc.

mcmlxxvi
17-02-13, 09:17
...They are just like normal people standing at the roadside meeting their friends. But of course, if vice can be relocated, it will be much better as this will bring up the value of the ppty there, haha.

Err... 'normal people' don't stand at road side and chat up with friends leh.

irisng
17-02-13, 17:15
Err... 'normal people' don't stand at road side and chat up with friends leh.

Aiya, you know I know lor, just treat them like friends meeting friends lah, next time when you meet your friends at the roadside, better don't talk to them hor, haha.

buttercarp
17-02-13, 18:03
Aiya, you know I know lor, just treat them like friends meeting friends lah, next time when you meet your friends at the roadside, better don't talk to them hor, haha.

The problem is when you walk back home, especially if you have daughters, it is scary if they approach you.

irisng
17-02-13, 18:33
The problem is when you walk back home, especially if you have daughters, it is scary if they approach you.

Ya, that's what I say if they don't harrass us, it should be fine especially those have daughters and young "woman" like you all. Like me, an old lady already, nobody will bother to harrass me one :D. Luckily, mine is not at lower Lorong, so MAYBE not so bad. Really hope that vice can get lesser and lesser if can't be relocated.:hell-hath-no-fury: