PDA

View Full Version : Will large vol of BTO affect price of resale units within the same town??

lajia
01-02-13, 18:56
As announced recently, BTO price are not peg to resale units. Since the gap is quite big and with large vol coming up, still got many will buy resale? Punggol, Sengkang, Tampines...I guess the price will be affected...many will rather buy BTO within the same town if they can wait.:2cents:

RCT
01-02-13, 19:18
A bull will say no as only certain people can buy BTO and need to wait...

A bear will tell u of course it will keep resale at bay

Ringo33
01-02-13, 19:31
As announced recently, BTO price are not peg to resale units. Since the gap is quite big and with large vol coming up, still got many will buy resale? Punggol, Sengkang, Tampines...I guess the price will be affected...many will rather buy BTO within the same town if they can wait.:2cents:

In about 15 years time, i will sell all my pvt property and apply for BTO flat. can boh?

yjcai
03-02-13, 11:13
In the entire country context, probably yes.

In town area depends. If the flats are positioned in the same location as resale flats yes. If the new BTOs are positioned very far away from resale, depends.

It affects volume of resale in the same area but dosen't mean buyers don't buy higher or sellers or not quoting higher. Prices can still hold steady.

Quote Tampines/Pasir Ris/Tampines North which I am familiar with [Large number of BTO] going to be very interesting area given town within a town. I also believe there will be commercial expansion with shopping [Maybe Heng SK become MND minister after KBW] in current Tampines RC in 15 years time [Based on current roads design, land paper and confirmed BTO locations in the next 2~3 years].

Demand for private properties in the same area are going to be robust in 15 years given Tampines [D18 area] has little private properties as a town. Main reason I supposed why CityLife get snatched up [Deep value for multigen staying].

The BTOs at Tampines North in next 2~3 years has no MRT or amenities but flanked by MRTs compared to resale units in the same area which have MRT stations designed stone throw away [why would it affect the resale prices given they are amenities and MRT ready, people still pay to buy something that is already there].