PDA

View Full Version : Investors confidence is very important. Do not underestimate it.

star
27-01-13, 21:20
If PAP loses 2016 election majority seats sg stock market will crash and property too will crash. See what happen to just a small rumour causes in KL few days ago :
http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=46858:largest-fall-in-kl-shares-for-a-year-on-pre-election-jitters&Itemid=3

RCT
27-01-13, 21:22
If PAP loses 2016 election majority seats sg stock market will crash and property too will crash. See what happen to just a small rumour causes in KL few days ago :
http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=46858:largest-fall-in-kl-shares-for-a-year-on-pre-election-jitters&Itemid=3

So what r u trying to say?

bishan88
27-01-13, 21:24

Haha if it comes true, I am sure damn happy cos I can finally hoot my dream property! Will definity vote opp to make it happen then :D

star
27-01-13, 21:25
Who say won't crash must be a dumb.
If crash might not recover to previous level.

star
27-01-13, 21:27
Haha if it comes true, I am sure damn happy cos I can finally hoot my dream property! Will definity vote opp to make it happen then :D

Think before u wish.

sgbuyer
27-01-13, 21:32

Don't be paranoid, WP doesn't even contest all wards. SDP, RP, and the joker SDA can't win one.

:D :D

timmy
27-01-13, 21:40

Hoot and realise Singapore property prices become comparable to JB. is that what u want?

august
27-01-13, 21:50
crash means time to buy.

Estrangable
27-01-13, 22:10

Eagerly anticipating and waiting for the moment... please crash ok?

Regulators
27-01-13, 22:15
as warren buffet says, be fearful when everyone starts buying, but buy aggressively when everyone is fearful. :D

bishan88
27-01-13, 22:20
Hoot and realise Singapore property prices become comparable to JB. is that what u want?

I dun mind since I am buying for my own stay :D who cares...
Waiting for 2016 to come if what TS anticipated is true hehe

RCT
27-01-13, 22:33
as warren buffet says, be fearful when everyone starts buying, but buy aggressively when everyone is fearful. :D

Too bad only one buffet....

kskong2000
27-01-13, 22:33

This is the reason y PAP had no choice but import FT. Sad ya

Estrangable
27-01-13, 22:43
many of the forummers here are vested with multiple properties, hoping to achieve passive income through rental...over the next few years, there will be close to 100k of houses ready for completion...the only way to ensure these apartments will have tenants is to ensure the current policy of importing more FT continue...of cos must start some fear-mongering abt how market crash and everyone will "die"....how our women will be sent to other countries as maids....

gincelee
27-01-13, 22:44

Singapore will be doomed if majority people are selfish like you who only care about the prices of your properties.

Luckily majority (in PE) have awaken and believe more to come if the ruling party still never buck up by 2016

leesg123
27-01-13, 23:47
Well, if that really happen, most capable people will abandon ship and go to other countries. You can carry on huging the worthless dream property.

leesg123
27-01-13, 23:51
Singapore will be doomed if majority people are selfish like you who only care about the prices of your properties.

Luckily majority (in PE) have awaken and believe more to come if the ruling party still never buck up by 2016
It is not the property prices. Property prices is just a side effect. Foreign investors wont set up business base in singapore due to the uncertainty and those who are here could abndon and transfer to a near by country. jobs will be gone. Those real local talent will now really migrate and the rest can remain spending the country reserve by having free housing, free education, free childcare, free food, free entertainment, free transport, free sex, free everything. Then will really WAKE UP.

Regulators
28-01-13, 02:36
don't be naive, if foreign investors can set up business in places like mynmar, india, taiwan, and many other countries with more unstable politics, do you think they will be affected by opposition taking over the government in the world's safest country? I think pappy supporters like you are just feeding into the myth to scare others. our neighboring countries full of corruption why are investors still investing in these countries? think you should study where investors are moving now before passing baseless comments. investors are moving into politically unstable regions where vast opportunities lie, our country is far from unstable and we have zero tolerance for corruption, so why would investors runaway? use your brains before you speak :doh:
It is not the property prices. Property prices is just a side effect. Foreign investors wont set up business base in singapore due to the uncertainty and those who are here could abndon and transfer to a near by country. jobs will be gone. Those real local talent will now really migrate and the rest can remain spending the country reserve by having free housing, free education, free childcare, free food, free entertainment, free transport, free sex, free everything. Then will really WAKE UP.

Allthepies
28-01-13, 02:45

What the point if you can get your dream property only in a slum? Naive Singaporean :doh: :doh:

Allthepies
28-01-13, 02:48

The ruling party will decline from this point onwards. Any good things they do, WP will claim the credit. Any bad thing PAP do, WP will blame PAP.

With this kind of Singaporeans there really not much hope for Singapore...

Regulators
28-01-13, 02:50
why don't you tell those investors investing millions in mynmar that they are fools? who is the fool at the end of the day for spreading all these stupid myths which sounds really childish :doh:
What the point if you can get your dream property only in a slum? Naive Singaporean :doh: :doh:

Allthepies
28-01-13, 02:51
don't be naive, if foreign investors can set up business in places like mynmar, india, taiwan, and many other countries with more unstable politics, do you think they will be affected by opposition taking over the government in the world's safest country? I think pappy supporters like you are just feeding into the myth to scare others. our neighboring countries full of corruption why are investors still investing in these countries? think you should study where investors are moving now before passing baseless comments. investors are moving into politically unstable regions where vast opportunities lie, our country is far from unstable and we have zero tolerance for corruption, so why would investors runaway? use your brains before you speak :doh:

Arrogant Singaporeans to think they are the best, all foreigners will want to come and suck you up no matter how the situation in Singapore.

When you start to behave arrogantly and think you will never fail, good luck.

Regulators
28-01-13, 02:57
Singaporeans have wisened up to know not to vote in the direction of dangling carrots. these carrots rightfully belong to Singaporeans n they make it sound like they are giving it to us as a gift. Singaporeans must always remember that the electorate are masters nthey are just servants.
The ruling party will decline from this point onwards. Any good things they do, WP will claim the credit. Any bad thing PAP do, WP will blame PAP.

Regulators
28-01-13, 03:00
why come to Singapore if you find us arrogant, I think mynmar or north korea suits you best . if you go to mynmar, you can campsign to have the junta back, if you go north korea, it should be the perfect regime for you, you can serve one master to your heart's content:doh:
Arrogant Singaporeans to think they are the best, all foreigners will want to come and suck you up no matter how the situation in Singapore.

Allthepies
28-01-13, 03:03
Singaporeans have wisened up to know not to vote in the direction of dangling carrots. these carrots rightfully belong to Singaporeans n they make it sound like they are giving it to us as a gift. Singaporeans must always remember that the electorate are masters nthey are just servants.

It is most important for Singaporeans to understand that the past hard works to make Singapore so successful currently can be destroyed easily by letting our guards now or behaving arrogantly thinking others are far behind us or believing short term satisfaction as good policies.

Pls hor, doesn't mean I don't support WP I am not a Singaporean.

Regulators
28-01-13, 03:05
we never said we are the best, neither did the opposition. both pap n opposition agree that there is a lot of hard work ahead n Singaporeans are behind what they say. are you hallucinating? :doh:
It is most important for Singaporeans to understand that the past hard works to make Singapore so successful currently can be destroyed easily by letting our guards now or behaving arrogantly thinking others are far behind us or believing short term satisfaction as good policies.

Allthepies
28-01-13, 03:11
we never said we are the best, neither did the opposition. both pap n opposition agree that there is a lot of hard work ahead n Singaporeans are behind what they say. are you hallucinating? :doh:

You say it yourself just a few posts up that no matter who take over Singapore, Singapore will still remain the safest country and investors will all continue to come here. Isn't this what you said, are you hallucinating ah? Isn't it implying we are the best no matter who is leading us? Even if monkey lead us? Mr Oppy?

Allthepies
28-01-13, 03:16
don't be naive, if foreign investors can set up business in places like mynmar, india, taiwan, and many other countries with more unstable politics, do you think they will be affected by opposition taking over the government in the world's safest country?

See wat u have said and implied

Regulators
28-01-13, 03:26
Singapore is the safest country due to the tough laws and tight law enforcement, will these law enforcers evolve into monkeys overnight and Singapore becomes chaotic when opposition takes over the government? What is wrong with saying investors will still come even if opposition is to govern? are you telling us opposition leaders are not capable of hiring accountants, lawyers, economists, strategists, financiers etc to run the country and all office holders will start resigning from all financial institutions n government office the moment there is a change in government? I don't know whether you have creative imagination or plain stupid (pardon me for stating this fact). Singaporeans have never been complacent with things, they are just fed up with having an autocratic regime n if by wanting a two party system makes Singaporeans arrogant, wouldn't denying Singaporeans of democracy be an even more arrogant thing to do?
You say it yourself just a few posts up that no matter who take over Singapore, Singapore will still remain the safest country and investors will all continue to come here. Isn't this what you said, are you hallucinating ah? Isn't it implying we are the best no matter who is leading us? Even if monkey lead us?

Regulators
28-01-13, 03:33
I was using mynmar for analogy, if foreigners dare park their money in an unstable economy like mynmar, why would investors run away from Singapore? I don't think you even understand why investors go to a country. please stop spreading myths and untruths n mislead others to your hallucinatory world.
See wat u have said and implied

bishan88
28-01-13, 06:18

Stupid fool, i already said i am buying for my own stay, i dun mind whether price goes up or down. Think u are the real naive minority Singaporean who think that Singapore will fall if opp win more elections. :banghead:

hyenergix
28-01-13, 06:22
Y does Singapore need so many MPs n Ministers?

leesg123
28-01-13, 06:45
They set up business in those countries to serve the local demand because they have big population. As simple as that. Singapore population too small but its stable government is the reason why they set up base here as regional HQ. Go find a brain and read up before replying.

ichigo55
28-01-13, 06:46
All that said, I do see that most SGporeans seem very proud and ego now ... Maybe they are just putting up a front ... They really think nothing can fail in this country ... This is a country, not just any company or organisation, a misstep will come at a huge cost to the people ... As we have seen over the past years

Ringo33
28-01-13, 07:09

Please do not compare democracy in Singapore to one of the developing country. We are different and we will not votes because of some sweet talk from politicians. Most Singapore will vote for our future, not short term excitement.

august
28-01-13, 07:34

sounds like u are describing the pap, haha.

Shanhz
28-01-13, 07:39

at that time, you will not dare to hoot one more ppty. because it is a downward spiral and whatever ppty you hoot will become even more hootable after you buy.

Shanhz
28-01-13, 07:42

ya lor. even LTK himself admit they not prepare to run govt and it was not their intention to do so. the msg is quite clear. the question is whether voters get the msg or not.

Dragonfly
28-01-13, 09:06
We need to have opposition and hope the opposition (WP) can deliver what they have promised.
Since everyone is unhappy with current high costs of living (actually not just in Singapore), I would like to see if WP have any ideas/ suggestions to that?
Coming up with an idea is not easy but opposing is easy.

moneytalk
28-01-13, 09:59
By that time it may be too late. The rich and the talented working class would have left this country. Like they always say it takes generations to build a country and one to tear it apart.

moneytalk
28-01-13, 10:01
We need to have opposition and hope the opposition (WP) can deliver what they have promised.
Since everyone is unhappy with current high costs of living (actually not just in Singapore), I would like to see if WP have any ideas/ suggestions to that?
Coming up with an idea is not easy but opposing is easy.
Making the government"work harder" is even easier.

eng81157
28-01-13, 10:20
hello, what is happening in Malaysia can't even be mentioned in the same breathe in Singapore :doh: :doh:

investor confidence will get hit when there isn't stability in govt, or policies. please recall when govt tightened foreign labor supply a few months ago, SBF, CCC and couple of MNCs voiced their concerns in the newspaper - i.e. even if PAP is in power but no clarity in policies, investors also KPKB.

is opposition threatening to issue bans on cheong sam performances on stage?

is opposition threatening to ban female hairstylists from cutting men's hair?

is opposition threatening to burn bibles?

is opposition threatening to ban nightclubs?

is opposition threatening to ban use of 'Singapore' in stuff like singapore laksa, singapore chilli crab?

Shanhz
28-01-13, 10:29
By that time it may be too late. The rich and the talented working class would have left this country. Like they always say it takes generations to build a country and one to tear it apart.

富不过三代.......

Regulators
28-01-13, 10:38
foreign companies set up their companies here and use Singapore as a base to reach out to Asia and the reliance on Singapore due to its geographical hasn't changed throughout history. why would our government be unstable just because the opposition were to take over? you are so gullible to even think that way. you are like a baby that is used to being fed by one bottle and the moment someone gives you a different bottle, you refuse to drink the milk thinking it is different :doh:
They set up business in those countries to serve the local demand because they have big population. As simple as that. Singapore population too small but its stable government is the reason why they set up base here as regional HQ. Go find a brain and read up before replying.

moneytalk
28-01-13, 10:38
ya lor. even LTK himself admit they not prepare to run govt and it was not their intention to do so. the msg is quite clear. the question is whether voters get the msg or not.
Can we trust politicians? Allthepies once mentioned that they all have their agendas.

Shanhz
28-01-13, 10:41
Can we trust politicians? Allthepies once mentioned that they all have their agendas.

i re-quote "all politicians are the same, the difference is in their abilities"
:D

i dun trust any of them. but since i have to vote someone, then i guess have to choose someone to trust a little bit more.

Rosy
28-01-13, 10:42
WP is not going to take over the government anytime soon. It will not happen in 2016. It is actually a good thing as PAP lost touch with the ground for the past decade and pressure given by the voters will do more good than harm before social problems worsen further.

STI is relatively stable today. No worry. Cheers.

Dragonfly
28-01-13, 10:44
i dun trust any of them. but since i have to vote someone, then i guess have to choose someone to trust a little bit more.[/quote]

I agree with you. Am neither supporter of any party. I am waiting to see what the opposition can do or help out in our current situation.

minority
28-01-13, 13:57
Think before u wish.

many wish. when it happen all will have blank stare. not many will have the appetite to enter.

hind sight all 20/20

minority
28-01-13, 13:59

Then complain again lor.... tats the fashion now.

minority
28-01-13, 14:03

Aiyah dont waste ur time explaining. most want a reset to get a footing again. not realizing what they already have.keep screaming elite elite elite. no one understand me.

its like ur teenager who feel always mis understooded. just have to learn the hard way.

howgozit
28-01-13, 14:48

... unfortunately saying is easy, doing is another.

sgbuyer
28-01-13, 15:11
... unfortunately saying is easy, doing is another.

Ya, easier said than done, unless you already know what politicians and policy makers intend to do.

Buffett already knew the Fed policy and he is also a good friend of Barack Obama. What he knows is worth billions. People were willing to pay millions of dollar to just hear him give out some "hints".

But I think I'll lose less sleep to catch the bottom and than buy at the top.

If you buy at the bottom, at least, you know you don't have to wait too long to breakeven should it go down further. :D

howgozit
28-01-13, 15:31
Ya, easier said than done, unless you already know what politicians and policy makers intend to do.

Buffett already knew the Fed policy and he is also a good friend of Barack Obama. What he knows is worth billions. People were willing to pay millions of dollar to just hear him give out some "hints".

But I think I'll lose less sleep to catch the bottom and than buy at the top.

If you buy at the bottom, at least, you know you don't have to wait too long to breakeven should it go down further. :D

Unfortunately.... how to tell it is the bottom or near bottom?

When Citi dropped to only $1+ post Lehman, everybody thought it was going to fold.. you knew it was cheap but how many dared to buy?

I think it takes more than connections to do as well as Buffet. He was already very successful before he got the connections. Just like our very own Peter Lim in Singapore... these people have that little bit extra that makes them well ahead of others and able to quote quotes that ordinary folks can recite but find it hard to do.

proud owner
28-01-13, 15:47

Pls don't saying until like Pap is sky have. Earth don't have

proud owner
28-01-13, 15:59
foreign companies set up their companies here and use Singapore as a base to reach out to Asia and the reliance on Singapore due to its geographical hasn't changed throughout history. why would our government be unstable just because the opposition were to take over? you are so gullible to even think that way. you are like a baby that is used to being fed by one bottle and the moment someone gives you a different bottle, you refuse to drink the milk thinking it is different :doh:

Exactly

They can trust an unknown in PAP but they cannot trust WP

proud owner
28-01-13, 16:03

Don't anyhow say people selfish

The last time I commented that to a particular forummer that his view appears to me as purely based on monetary gain

He called me No brain, Stupid

Regulators
28-01-13, 16:33
Change is always hard to accept initially, i think the pappy supporters just have to get used to it moving ahead. WP field 9 good guys in parliament and they start to KPKB and try to pick bones in eggs, MIW have more than 3/4 of the 80+ candidates whom i really don't know what they are doing half the time but yet these supporters say nothing about them and no questions asked. I think these pappies are too used to autopilot mode until they become nervous when the plane is in manual mode.

Exactly

They can trust an unknown in PAP but they cannot trust WP