PDA

View Full Version : The JB Retirement Plan

hyenergix
25-01-13, 06:01
Join me. The next wave in 2013 and 2014 to Iskandar will be driven by middle income groups in Singapore. Singapore will get more expensive, crowded and stressful when 7 mil is here ;)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tvshows/index.php?id=BrinrXT7

Ricade
25-01-13, 06:11
Somehow hor.. I have a feeling that the locals in JB are especially against Singaporeans in general and have a pre-disposed prejudice against Singaporeans.. This prejudice arised from basic feelings of jealousy and envy.
Where does this lead to? -> higher crime rate in johor against Singaporeans..

Personally, I feel it may be better to reside in other parts of Malaysia due to my earlier analysis of the local JB culture. I don't see how the feelings of disparity and ill-will can suddenly disappear in a matter of years..

hyenergix
25-01-13, 06:25
Somehow hor.. I have a feeling that the locals in JB are especially against Singaporeans in general and have a pre-disposed prejudice against Singaporeans.. This prejudice arised from basic feelings of jealousy and envy.
Where does this lead to? -> higher crime rate in johor against Singaporeans..

Personally, I feel it may be better to reside in other parts of Malaysia due to my earlier analysis of the local JB culture. I don't see how the feelings of disparity and ill-will can suddenly disappear in a matter of years..

Some tamans are mostly converted into local Chinese and Singapore towns particularly the Nusajaya side. It is hard to target against Singaporeans only, because even the local Chinese thought I'm Malaysian Chinese :p

heehee
25-01-13, 06:58
I understand that the thugs purposely targe Chinese (hack care if you are Malaysian Chinese). In this case, your nationality doesn't matter to them.
Their police never seem to be able to carptch the culprits :beats-me-man: (if you know what I mean :scared-1: ).

Some tamans are mostly converted into local Chinese and Singapore towns particularly the Nusajaya side. It is hard to target against Singaporeans only, because even the local Chinese thought I'm Malaysian Chinese :p

Sam88
25-01-13, 07:12
I understand that the thugs purposely targe Chinese (hack care if you are Malaysian Chinese). In this case, your nationality doesn't matter to them.
Their police never seem to be able to carptch the culprits :beats-me-man: (if you know what I mean :scared-1: ).

If your theory is correct, all the Chinese in jb already moved out.

The Malaysians must be thinking many people are drowning in bedok reservoir every week.

News is sensationalize so it can sell.

Ricade
25-01-13, 07:13
bro Hyergenix, be careful of their crime rate there. If petty thugs or spontaneous crime, sometimes not too serious. But you really need to watch out for organised crime... heard rumours that crime syndicates who are not local JB people purposely come to JB and target singaporeans there.. these guys are the heavyweight and the ones you really need to watch out for. But then again difficult to escape lah once they target you.. so do practice extra caution and dont be too overtly conspicous in terms of displaying your 'wealth'.

other than this, sometimes when we are still young we tend to make brave decisions.. stay in JB, not scared, if have crime, can fight the thugs out.

But you just need one close shave, maybe not for you but for your precious family members, to have a brush with the dark side and the decision may be regretted for the rest of your life.

Sorry bro not trying to jinx the idea but just be extra careful lah.. i really dont like JB haha. other parts of malaysia still ok. Paiseh hor.. take with a pinch of salt ok.

p/s: oh on hindsight.. i see you did indicate in your thread that the JB plan is for your retirement.. if old liow, kids all grown up then ok lah hor.. haha quite a good idea bro.

mantrix
25-01-13, 07:16
The criminals are rubbing their hands in glee....for every crime involving Singaporeans, there are 2 that are not reported...

hyenergix
25-01-13, 07:23
bro Hyergenix, be careful of their crime rate there. If petty thugs or spontaneous crime, sometimes not too serious. But you really need to watch out for organised crime... heard rumours that crime syndicates who are not local JB people purposely come to JB and target singaporeans there.. these guys are the heavyweight and the ones you really need to watch out for. But then again difficult to escape lah once they target you.. so do practice extra caution and dont be too overtly conspicous in terms of displaying your 'wealth'.

other than this, sometimes when we are still young we tend to make brave decisions.. stay in JB, not scared, if have crime, can fight the thugs out.

But you just need one close shave, maybe not for you but for your precious family members, to have a brush with the dark side and the decision may be regretted for the rest of your life.

Sorry bro not trying to jinx the idea but just be extra careful lah.. i really dont like JB haha. other parts of malaysia still ok. Paiseh hor.. take with a pinch of salt ok.

p/s: oh on hindsight.. i see you did indicate in your thread that the JB plan is for your retirement.. if old liow, kids all grown up then ok lah hor.. haha quite a good idea bro.

Yup..thx for advice. It is for retirement.

Shanhz
25-01-13, 07:43
Yup..thx for advice. It is for retirement.

bro can i ask what age group you are in?

hyenergix
25-01-13, 07:49
bro can i ask what age group you are in?

Secret :ashamed1:

PN
25-01-13, 08:13
My Malaysia friends ever told me this.

He has seen one row of shops owned by Chinese kena rob in turns. Police came but no action taken. I ask him about the opinion of Malaysia police, he says only wayan wayan. When everything over, they appears and show face only. I probe further. Why is it so? He said the police are paid peanuts so they show you peanuts effort. So long as it's not life or death, these cases mostly forgotten or ignore.

Bro hyenergix, not scaring you hor. If it's for retirement, I'm assuming you'll go there when above 50. You'll not be as strong and healthy as before, can become easy target.

And those Malaysian who can afford will tell you they plan to migrate to Australia, Singapore or some other countries.

Anyway, above just for your reference only.

eng81157
25-01-13, 08:14
eh, in Malaysia we are considered.............

1st class citizens: Malaysian bumis
2nd class citizens: Malaysian chinese
3rd class citizens: Malaysian other races
4th class citizens: the rest

Ricade
25-01-13, 08:19

That makes it even worse bro.. The Malaysians themselves will not feel for you coz you are a rich wealthy 4th class citizen 'who deserve' to be robbed / raped / kena crime..

You will be surprised to see how twisted some people's mentality is.. Anything is possible in this world.

Shanhz
25-01-13, 08:22
That makes it even worse bro.. The Malaysians themselves will not feel for you coz you are a rich wealthy 4th class citizen 'who deserve' to be robbed / raped / kena crime..

You will be surprised to see how twisted some people's mentality is.. Anything is possible in this world.

once you are there and driving a J-plate car, you have merged in with the crowd. as long as you dun talk so much when you are there, nobody will know where you come from. i dun think it is that bleak, altho' the usual common sense applies (which sgporeans in sgp tend to leave at home becoz it doesn't need to apply here).

Laguna
25-01-13, 08:30
First, you go to their market, see whether u like the food there!
fresh seafood especially...
In Chinese, Food ranks first

Rysk
25-01-13, 09:04

I ever ask my Chinese M'sian fren (now is a S'pore PR working & staying in S'pore) his option of a S'porean's idea of retirement in JB..

He answered me "YOU GOT SIAO BOH!!!" :scared-3:

eng81157
25-01-13, 09:06
once you are there and driving a J-plate car, you have merged in with the crowd. as long as you dun talk so much when you are there, nobody will know where you come from. i dun think it is that bleak, altho' the usual common sense applies (which sgporeans in sgp tend to leave at home becoz it doesn't need to apply here).

can u own a j-plate car??!!

johnkhaw
25-01-13, 09:14
I know of many Singaporeans who rent out their HDB flats and stay in Johor. With the strong Singapore dollars, their standard of living have improved a lot. For example, they can afford a new car and live in landed property.

In the future, I foresee many Singaporeans are going to do that to enjoy the best of both worlds, especially when the MRT line is extended to JB. :cool:

eng81157
25-01-13, 09:27
I know of many Singaporeans who rent out their HDB flats and stay in Johor. With the strong Singapore dollars, their standard of living have improved a lot. For example, they can afford a new car and live in landed property.

In the future, I foresee many Singaporeans are going to do that to enjoy the best of both worlds, especially when the MRT line is extended to JB. :cool:

MRT? :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: water supply and railway issue took more than 20 years to resolve. crooked bridge left in the doldrums.

MRT? dang gu gu

Rosy
25-01-13, 09:34
Why would retirees want to stay in a big landed house? You need a car in JB too. When old and body ailing, best is to stay in hdb with amenities and mrt and buses easily available.

Rosy
25-01-13, 09:36
In the first place, how to retire in JB for middle income Singaporeans? Is it so easy to get a PR or something?

Rosy
25-01-13, 09:37

Your friend still working in Singapore right?

No doubt it is an easy way for Singaporeans to realise their dreams of staying in a big landed house.

johnkhaw
25-01-13, 09:40
A part of the landmark railway land deal between Malaysia and Singapore governments 2 years ago is to cooperate to build a Rapid Transit System (RTS) between JB and SG. My guess is that the proposed Thomson Line will likely be extended to JB after 2020.

MRT? :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk: water supply and railway issue took more than 20 years to resolve. crooked bridge left in the doldrums.

MRT? dang gu gu

roly8
25-01-13, 09:42

MRT? dang gu gu

the thomson line to JB .. , i think:o

eng81157
25-01-13, 09:47
A part of the landmark railway land deal between Malaysia and Singapore governments 2 years ago is to cooperate to build a Rapid Transit System (RTS) between JB and SG. My guess is that the proposed Thomson Line will likely be extended to JB after 2020.

trust me on this, take it with a pinch of salt. wait for M'sian elections, then take into account political wrangling, nationalistic fervor........

not to mention national security and infrastructure overload in SG. can u imagine mas selemat taking train across the causeway? train infrastructure already can't cope with population in SG and still want to invite JB hinterland to come crash the system?

yaozong7
25-01-13, 10:13
trust me on this, take it with a pinch of salt. wait for M'sian elections, then take into account political wrangling, nationalistic fervor........

not to mention national security and infrastructure overload in SG. can u imagine mas selemat taking train across the causeway? train infrastructure already can't cope with population in SG and still want to invite JB hinterland to come crash the system?

The JB hinterland are coming in as part of a grand MIW plan to solve the problem of not enough cheap labour lah.....

Mark my words, the MRT is certainly coming. In fact, the contract for 1st stage studies has already been awarded liao

eng81157
25-01-13, 10:21
The JB hinterland are coming in as part of a grand MIW plan to solve the problem of not enough cheap labour lah.....

Mark my words, the MRT is certainly coming. In fact, the contract for 1st stage studies has already been awarded liao

the award is for thomson line :banghead: :banghead: do you hear Malaysia trumpeting about it?

with the current political climate and policies to tighten up dependence on foreign cheap labor, you're still thinking that the govt will so blatantly invite cheap johor laborers to come over?!?! PAP wants to commit political suicide ah?! :banghead: these issues can't be resolved in 5-7 years.

well, the water issue took more than 20 years. sure MRT is coming, just a matter of when.

yaozong7
25-01-13, 10:35
http://www.aecom.com/vgn-ext-templating/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=0f78bfc329977310VgnVCM100000089e1bacRCRD&vgnextchannel=4260b1fbbd841310VgnVCM1000004b6311acRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

$42m contract awarded in May '12 bro....... Its not all abt the Thomson line.... LOL

johnkhaw
25-01-13, 10:37
Well, it is certainly true that many Singaporeans are going to have a second home in JB irregardless there is an MRT or not. Many are renting out their HDB flats at high price and stay in JB at low price and still have spare cash to play golf and drive a new car.

In fact, many Singaporean investors are flocking to JB as well such as Peter Lim who gave up on Singapore and decided to build a new Motorcity in JB. In the near future, I foresee Johor will be full of Singaporeans and Singapore will be full of foreigners. This is happening now... :doh:

p3nboy
25-01-13, 11:15
JB - Shenzhen in the making.:p

Werther
25-01-13, 11:38
Hi everyone,

No right or wrong, to each its own lah.

Read thread below and decide for yourself.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?124792-Living-in-JB-3-(Johore)

eng81157
25-01-13, 11:54
http://www.aecom.com/vgn-ext-templating/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=0f78bfc329977310VgnVCM100000089e1bacRCRD&vgnextchannel=4260b1fbbd841310VgnVCM1000004b6311acRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

$42m contract awarded in May '12 bro....... Its not all abt the Thomson line.... LOL

AECOM announced today that it has been awarded a contract worth approximately US$42 million by Malaysia's Land Public Transport Commission and Singapore's Land Transport Authority for an engineering study of the Malaysia-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link

:banghead: :banghead: engineering study!! it's only at feasibility stage:banghead: :banghead:

the company will provide an architectural and engineering consultancy study for the proposed RTS Link, which would connect Singapore with Johor Bahru in southern Malaysia. The study will determine the technical parameters and proposed options for a convenient and cost-effective system that is well-integrated with public transport services on both ends of the RTS Link

MRT will come, just a matter of when. 20-30 yrs in the making at least

eng81157
25-01-13, 11:57
by the way, i believe in the second coming of Christ - just a matter of when that's all

yaozong7
25-01-13, 12:49
No offence, but if you think the SG & Malaysia govt will each throw US$21 million down the drain, "I dunno wat to say...." Hahaha

There's a reason why the thomson line is to be opened in stages but I dont really want to spend my time in this forum on this matter. Ultimately, the market will decide. :D

eng81157
25-01-13, 13:01
No offence, but if you think the SG & Malaysia govt will each throw US$21 million down the drain, "I dunno wat to say...." Hahaha

There's a reason why the thomson line is to be opened in stages but I dont really want to spend my time in this forum on this matter. Ultimately, the market will decide. :D

i didn't say it won't happen for sure, it's just dang gu gu. that award is for a feasibility study, and not as what you suggested - construction of the line. the call for construction tender isn't even close at this point in time.

you didn't even address complicated issues of ownership, cross-border security, political capital, etc etc. it's not as simple as 'Govt-call-for-tender-company-wins-bid-winner-builds-line'

yaozong7
25-01-13, 13:08
i didn't say it won't happen for sure, it's just dang gu gu. that award is for a feasibility study, and not as what you suggested - construction of the line. the call for construction tender isn't even close at this point in time.

you didn't even address complicated issues of ownership, cross-border security, political capital, etc etc. it's not as simple as 'Govt-call-for-tender-company-wins-bid-winner-builds-line'

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1220283&page=22

roly8
25-01-13, 13:24
by the way, i believe in the second coming of Christ - just a matter of when that's all

???????????????
no idea what you talking...

roly8
25-01-13, 13:25
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s480x480/184522_550662244944924_1495499170_n.jpg

einnoc
25-01-13, 14:05
Wow Safest? I actually find it dangerous. Some stuff to share.

i have a fren who was robbed @ MacDonald in JB in broad daylight! Lesson learnt- Never sit @ corners in JB's restuarants.

I have a colleague whose fil was kidnapped in JB. Ransom paid & he's alive fortunately. Lesson learnt-Ppl r watching u and somehow they know u frequent JB or when u will carry more $ than usual.

My malaysian cousins told me it's common to hear reports of stolen cars in KL shopping malls on weekly basis! Lesson learnt-Police can't help or stop at all.

Regulators
25-01-13, 14:35
for retirement, just stay in singapore. if you are afraid cost of living will go sky high, just vote more opposition into parliament, they will help make sure the cost of living remains under control. :cheers5:

eng81157
25-01-13, 15:01
???????????????
no idea what you talking...

it's just like saying MRT between SG n MY will take place but without stating a timeline.

eng81157
25-01-13, 15:03
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s480x480/184522_550662244944924_1495499170_n.jpg

WAHHAHAHAHA!!!! ENGLISH FAIL!!!!

MOST SAFEST!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

buttercarp
25-01-13, 18:54
WAHHAHAHAHA!!!! ENGLISH FAIL!!!!

MOST SAFEST!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mabbe they wanna emphasize that it is the safest of the safest :D ........

heehee
26-01-13, 08:45
Chinese are in JB because many either working in Singapore or doing business with Singapore. They are there where the money are. Majority Chinese communities are easy targets for crimes, & even racial riots. History may happen again in Malaysia as rich-poor gap getting wider in Malaysia.
Crimes are known to be committed by certain groups of people & they also particularly like to target Chinese because more "meat" as they are better off.

If your theory is correct, all the Chinese in jb already moved out.

The Malaysians must be thinking many people are drowning in bedok reservoir every week.

News is sensationalize so it can sell.

Shanhz
26-01-13, 18:16
Wow Safest? I actually find it dangerous. Some stuff to share.

i have a fren who was robbed @ MacDonald in JB in broad daylight! Lesson learnt- Never sit @ corners in JB's restuarants.

I have a colleague whose fil was kidnapped in JB. Ransom paid & he's alive fortunately. Lesson learnt-Ppl r watching u and somehow they know u frequent JB or when u will carry more $ than usual.

My malaysian cousins told me it's common to hear reports of stolen cars in KL shopping malls on weekly basis! Lesson learnt-Police can't help or stop at all.

10yrs ago, me and 3 frens were extorted for $$$ in holiday plaza, right in the middle of the mac restaurant open area. they were merely 13 / 14 yr old kids holding small knifes. we gave them all our $$ becoz we decided our lives were worth more than a few hundred RM$.

hyenergix
26-01-13, 19:05
10yrs ago, me and 3 frens were extorted for $$$ in holiday plaza, right in the middle of the mac restaurant open area. they were merely 13 / 14 yr old kids holding small knifes. we gave them all our $$ becoz we decided our lives were worth more than a few hundred RM$.

1st link city center is v dangerous.

roly8
26-01-13, 19:25
1st link city center is v dangerous.

2nd link is safer?

hyenergix
26-01-13, 19:29
2nd link is safer?

So far yes, bcoz pop density is low n area is new. Not many gangs r not established there yet. I'm afraid of venturing to JB city center bcoz I think e gangs there r v familiar w e place, people n police.

richwang
26-01-13, 19:35
My friend bought a freehold 2nd hand property in Waterfront Village (within Leisure Farm). But it has been more than one year now, he is still waiting for the authorities to process the title deed.
In Singapore, it is normally with 1+ month.
So Malaysia is different.

Thanks,
Richard

Rysk
26-01-13, 20:35
My friend bought a freehold 2nd hand property in Waterfront Village (within Leisure Farm). But it has been more than one year now, he is still waiting for the authorities to process the title deed.
In Singapore, it is normally with 1+ month.
So Malaysia is different.

Thanks,
RichardActually, sometime the so-called "long process" is bullshit one.. Once kopi $$ go.. Very fast can be process in M'sia. Last time our company awarded a project in m'sia.. The letter of award instead of fews days.. end up waited for almost 2-week.. & eventually found out that still on the tray.. After push some kopi $$.. We received the LA on the next day :banghead:

richwang
26-01-13, 21:28
is there a way to find out the "market price" for the coffee money?
and whom to contact?
my friend has paid additional money to the agent and lawyer, but it seems the money is not reaching the right person.

Thanks,
Richard

hyenergix
26-01-13, 23:12
is there a way to find out the "market price" for the coffee money?
and whom to contact?
my friend has paid additional money to the agent and lawyer, but it seems the money is not reaching the right person.

Thanks,
Richard

Read tt sometimes it is e developer who din fulfill some payments to e authorities.

Shanhz
26-01-13, 23:42
Actually, sometime the so-called "long process" is bullshit one.. Once kopi $$ go.. Very fast can be process in M'sia. Last time our company awarded a project in m'sia.. The letter of award instead of fews days.. end up waited for almost 2-week.. & eventually found out that still on the tray.. After push some kopi $$.. We received the LA on the next day :banghead:

kopi is a must. my friend can shift 3 month deadline to 1 day deadline with RM$500.

eng81157
28-01-13, 14:21
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1220283&page=22

WAHAHAHA!!! it is still in 'looking at possibility' stage, that is why dang gu gu!! need to powder up your engrish

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1250554/1/.html

using the above as a case study, who will rectify the problem and salvage the train?! if accident, who's fault? what about insurance? what about medical evacuation costs?

these are issues bigger than a simple engineering and architectural study. we have not even gotten down to marrying a singapore listed company and a malaysian public institution.

PN
28-01-13, 15:18
kopi is a must. my friend can shift 3 month deadline to 1 day deadline with RM$500.

Cantik lah. Malaysia boleh.

hyenergix
28-01-13, 17:29
WAHAHAHA!!! it is still in 'looking at possibility' stage, that is why dang gu gu!! need to powder up your engrish

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1250554/1/.html

using the above as a case study, who will rectify the problem and salvage the train?! if accident, who's fault? what about insurance? what about medical evacuation costs?

these are issues bigger than a simple engineering and architectural study. we have not even gotten down to marrying a singapore listed company and a malaysian public institution.

MRT is too far fetch. Maybe next 20 years...

hyenergix
07-02-13, 20:42
Juz come back from a developer sales office in Tebrau. V hot sales. More Singaporean buyers as I projected earlier. Cheers.

fiat500
09-02-13, 02:26
Juz come back from a developer sales office in Tebrau. V hot sales. More Singaporean buyers as I projected earlier. Cheers.
Johor bahru is not a very safe place..Lots of petty crimes out there!
Police not doing their job there n it will be like that the next 5-10yrs unless there's a total revamp in their police force..
Singapore cars are prime targets...Do be extra careful when driving in jb.

Regulators
09-02-13, 02:29
I heard a story of a person who know of a place where Singapore cars are being driven in n coming out as a different car with a Malaysian plate.
Police not doing their job there n it will be like that the next 5-10yrs unless there's a total revamp in their police force..

hyenergix
09-02-13, 05:51

Definitely. Thanks for your kind advice.

I can see vast improvements in JB terms of infrastructure, township planning, policies regarding welcoming of investments etc in recent 2-3 years. More improvements are coming in the next few years. The mood there feels like Singapore in 1980s when everyone was more positive, as compared to the sea of unhappiness in Singapore now. I want to be part of its happy growth story. No point getting stuck in Singapore with all the unhappiness and restrictions.

The only thing that needs to catch up is security, which I believe should be better in the next few years with better employment opportunities.

Werther
09-02-13, 09:20
Definitely. Thanks for your kind advice.

I can see vast improvements in JB terms of infrastructure, township planning, policies regarding welcoming of investments etc in recent 2-3 years. More improvements are coming in the next few years. The mood there feels like Singapore in 1980s when everyone was more positive, as compared to the sea of unhappiness in Singapore now. I want to be part of its happy growth story. No point getting stuck in Singapore with all the unhappiness and restrictions.

The only thing that needs to catch up is security, which I believe should be better in the next few years with better employment opportunities.

Hi hyenergix

Can share which development u bought into? Was there 2 weeks ago looking at leisure farm and horizon, unfortunately all sold out, got to wait for next phase.
Went in few days ago and ringgit now $241 versus $250 few weeks ago. Shd hv bought more to keep. Tks

hyenergix
09-02-13, 11:06
Hi hyenergix

Can share which development u bought into? Was there 2 weeks ago looking at leisure farm and horizon, unfortunately all sold out, got to wait for next phase.
Went in few days ago and ringgit now $241 versus $250 few weeks ago. Shd hv bought more to keep. Tks

These few weeks rates r manipulated due to huge demand for ringgit. Best is set up a savings account in JB w debit card then TT over when rate is good. U can withdraw money from any ATM in JB. I will pm u later.

Rysk
09-02-13, 15:31
Well, it is certainly true that many Singaporeans are going to have a second home in JB irregardless there is an MRT or not. Many are renting out their HDB flats at high price and stay in JB at low price and still have spare cash to play golf and drive a new car.

In fact, many Singaporean investors are flocking to JB as well such as Peter Lim who gave up on Singapore and decided to build a new Motorcity in JB. In the near future, I foresee Johor will be full of Singaporeans and Singapore will be full of foreigners. This is happening now... :doh:
Think I have to agree with you.. esp. when S'pore starting to work towards the 6.9m population.. Much more S'porean will buy a house in the Iskandar project to get away from the crowded city.. even just for weekend home, they don't mind.. & keep it as their retirement home in the future.. Anyway is a freehold

hyenergix
11-02-13, 16:51
Think I have to agree with you.. esp. when S'pore starting to work towards the 6.9m population.. Much more S'porean will buy a house in the Iskandar project to get away from the crowded city.. even just for weekend home, they don't mind.. & keep it as their retirement home in the future.. Anyway is a freehold

U r right. Not many citizens can tolerate sharing their space w so many foreigners.

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?426259-tourists-shock-to-squeeze-with-thousand-of-indian-workers-at-sentosa-beach

kskong2000
14-02-13, 16:54
My thinking is that please hold your bullet after election. Ruling party 1 side is printing ic for foreigner in Sabah and Sarawak. Another side is remitting $ out of country in case they lose the power. If ruling party lose the election, we are looking 50% downside... Election date will be announced right after CNY

Jaykj
15-02-13, 10:54
Join me. The next wave in 2013 and 2014 to Iskandar will be driven by middle income groups in Singapore. Singapore will get more expensive, crowded and stressful when 7 mil is here ;)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tvshows/index.php?id=BrinrXT7

I fear this will end up like CLOB....when something is too good to be true.....

Never be greedy, money on the table, take it. Its always 1st mover advantage. As a Chinese Singaporean, I will not want to stay in Malaysia, no matter how foreign this place turns out to be.....at most down-grade, definitely safer here. Too many incidents and true stories from my malaysian relatives.

Chinese, easy target....when old/ retirement age, lagi jialak....so weak easier target. Why would I want to drive a Kancil/ Perdua/ Saga and live in fear just to stretch my $$ by 50%/100%? Even gated community is not safe. My friend moved back to Singapore after staying in Semi-D Horizon Hills for a year. He is a garang angmo and still feel unsafe even with alarm and security. Is our lifes only worth so little??

moneytalk
15-02-13, 12:08

Never be greedy, money on the table, take it. Its always 1st mover advantage. As a Chinese Singaporean, I will not want to stay in Malaysia, no matter how foreign this place turns out to be.....at most down-grade, definitely safer here. Too many incidents and true stories from my malaysian relatives.

Chinese, easy target....when old/ retirement age, lagi jialak....so weak easier target. Why would I want to drive a Kancil/ Perdua/ Saga and live in fear just to stretch my $$ by 50%/100%? Even gated community is not safe. My friend moved back to Singapore after staying in Semi-D Horizon Hills for a year. He is a garang angmo and still feel unsafe even with alarm and security. Is our lifes only worth so little??
One Sporean Malay told me that he sold his 5 room HDB, bought a house in JB and commute daily to Spore for work.
He was also a victim of petty theft and his motorbike was stolen in JB. I don't want to sound racist but I thought they only target chinese.

gfoo
15-02-13, 12:23
sekali your ang mor friend my tenant lol. danish couple?

as a vested owner of HH , i can safely say that the whole area is terribly unsafe triple gated or not.

Jaykj
15-02-13, 14:28
sekali your ang mor friend my tenant lol. danish couple?

as a vested owner of HH , i can safely say that the whole area is terribly unsafe triple gated or not.

German, from Hannover. With a young daughter barely 1 year old. While he had not been targeted, he said he has to make sure all windows and doors are locked and armed most, if not all the time. When he goes back on home leave, he has to trouble his neighbour to keep a look out for him and even turn on the lights and move the car just so that it seems somebody is around.

After your tenant left, did you rent it out?

To be honest, I like HH. I considered buying it for own stay too but end of day, i decided, its just not worth the hassle right now. In the future, maybe...but for now, I'm not prepared to take the risk. Guess that's why the brave deserves the reward while timid cat like me will just have to stay in a tiny apt in Sg :D

hyenergix
15-02-13, 14:35
German, from Hannover. With a young daughter barely 1 year old. While he had not been targeted, he said he has to make sure all windows and doors are locked and armed most, if not all the time. When he goes back on home leave, he has to trouble his neighbour to keep a look out for him and even turn on the lights and move the car just so that it seems somebody is around.

To be honest, I like HH. I considered buying it for own stay too but end of day, i decided, its just not worth the hassle right now. In the future, maybe...but for now, I'm not prepared to take the risk. Guess that's why the brave deserves the reward while timid cat like me will just have to stay in a tiny apt in Sg :D

This is HH model (picture taken in Sep 2012). Not much land and launches left. Cheers.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9754/imag1267.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/imag1267.jpg/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Jaykj
15-02-13, 15:09
This is HH model (picture taken in Sep 2012). Not much land and launches left. Cheers.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9754/imag1267.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/imag1267.jpg/)

Thx Hyenergix for the temptation :D

I must resist, I must resist, I must resist...or is it resistance is furtile :banghead:

Buying Johor is partly due to the proximity to Sg and partly due to the billions of investments promised/ pledged. Plus with the current CMs in placed, its really hard to buy anymore in Sg.....

Actually I'm also looking at UK and Australia...those apts near to universities. I have a strong feeling at the rate we are going, I might have to send my children overseas for education. I even told my wife to be prepared that our children will not stay in Sg in the future. They might find better/ more opportunities in US, China or other emerging markets. As it is now, a lot of us travels for work or have spent some time overseas. In the next 5-10 years, I believe it will become more and more prevalent. So no worries about future BTO HDB being $million coz they are not going to stay here anyway :2cents:

hyenergix
15-02-13, 15:24
Thx Hyenergix for the temptation :D

I must resist, I must resist, I must resist...or is it resistance is furtile :banghead:

Buying Johor is partly due to the proximity to Sg and partly due to the billions of investments promised/ pledged. Plus with the current CMs in placed, its really hard to buy anymore in Sg.....

Actually I'm also looking at UK and Australia...those apts near to universities. I have a strong feeling at the rate we are going, I might have to send my children overseas for education. I even told my wife to be prepared that our children will not stay in Sg in the future. They might find better/ more opportunities in US, China or other emerging markets. As it is now, a lot of us travels for work or have spent some time overseas. In the next 5-10 years, I believe it will become more and more prevalent. So no worries about future BTO HDB being $million coz they are not going to stay here anyway :2cents:

You are right. Overseas education in premium courses will result in better employment prospect and career for your children. The competition for these placements in local universities is very intense and will be much more so in future. No point squeezing with everyone for the limited placements.

hopeful
15-02-13, 15:38
You are right. Overseas education in premium courses will result in better employment prospect and career for your children. The competition for these placements in local universities is very intense and will be much more so in future. No point squeezing with everyone for the limited placements.
are there many people who want to be own boss?
at least can pass the business to the kids. so even if kids are not the study type, the business will run by itself. it is the graduates who will work for the kids.
for example, oil palm plantations is self-running after the 1st few years. no worries about product lifecycle, competition etc.

hyenergix
15-02-13, 21:27
are there many people who want to be own boss?
at least can pass the business to the kids. so even if kids are not the study type, the business will run by itself. it is the graduates who will work for the kids.
for example, oil palm plantations is self-running after the 1st few years. no worries about product lifecycle, competition etc.

High rental n MNCs n GLCs companies with big war chest of cash can wipe out most start ups. Opportunity cost is high in SG too due to high cost of living. V few actually dare to venture out into e sharks infested water, including yours truly at e moment.

teddybear
15-02-13, 21:44
Still got a lot of land lah, just outside of your photo.... :scared-3:

teddybear
15-02-13, 21:46
Repost here...

I think by 2030, Malaysia's focus will be somewhere may be called Jaskandar, another location somewhere in JB.
Iskandar think will be very cold already. This is Malaysia's style! It had happened so many times, and this time will be no different....... :beats-me-man:
:scared-3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom_opera
such is magic of compounding, I also think 2030 will be the time when Iskandar will be truly successful

gfoo
15-02-13, 23:02
No sold already. Left 1 more inter rented out to some ahbeng malaysian indian and his fambly, angkong from cuff to neck - but damn nice guy. Last time sio de oh one. This one damn hard to sell, agent listing for ages. i cannot sell to foreigners coz the stupid jb govt raised the ceiling.

the danish couple one was damn power - on a hill facing golf water feature, fully unblocked.

i had the same idea as you, and the many others here. when i purchased this it was just me and wife. my original idea was to stay there, hire a driver for daily commute; buy a proton for self drive during weekends. Back then crime wasn't that bad.

then my baby came. no way in the world i will ever risk my kid to the dangers of JB. what made things worse was when wifey a couple of months into pregnancy, we went into JB to sign some legal docs, she kena snatch theft while still sitting in the car, with our driver still in the front seat somemore. tell my office the story - to my shock a quarter of my staff have experienced being robbed in daylight in JB some time or other.

no thanks, i'd rather pay a bit more for the safety of Singapore and buy some ulu boondocks like chestnut (which i have heee). yew pee yew chee yew tua liap nee

hyenergix
15-02-13, 23:06
Still got a lot of land lah, just outside of your photo.... :scared-3:

The context earlier was HH.

teddybear
15-02-13, 23:16
A lot of empty land beside & near HH, furthermore HH got fixed borders (like a country like Singapore) one mah? HH borders can expand outwards right? :p

The context earlier was HH.

minority
16-02-13, 00:09
One Sporean Malay told me that he sold his 5 room HDB, bought a house in JB and commute daily to Spore for work.
He was also a victim of petty theft and his motorbike was stolen in JB. I don't want to sound racist but I thought they only target chinese.

Go jb park by the road coffee shop to eat. Keep having to look at the car for fear of being stolen. Even my friend who live in jb say its not very safe some placs. Local homes also get broken into.

fiat500
16-02-13, 00:14
Moral of the story is it is not liveable in jb...
Safety n security are utmost important as jb are not able to provide from now till the near future.. :doh:

newbie11
16-02-13, 00:15
A lot of empty land beside & near HH, furthermore HH got fixed borders (like a country like Singapore) one mah? HH borders can expand outwards right? :p
HH is only 50% launched

newbie11
16-02-13, 00:17
On security, u heard abt nusajaya five-o?

hyenergix
16-02-13, 06:26
HH is only 50% launched

In terms of unit? I suppose mostly condos launches from what I know. I will check out the market again soon.

hyenergix
16-02-13, 06:47

Different developers own different parcels of land. Biggest land owner should be UEM in Nusajaya. Within Nusajaya, many parcels have been ear-marked for developments. In terms of residential land, prices will continue to go up for every new launch near the strategic parcels or established tamans. The developers have certainly learnt very fast how much Singaporeans can stomach the increase.

It is actually quite interesting to see the developments that parallels Singapore's New Town concept in 1970s and 1980s, and fast forward to 2000s with the financial/commercial districts concept. The planners are copying very fast from Singapore. Chances are with their resources and (quiet) backing from Singapore, they can be quite competitive in 10-20 years' time. Remember we lost some major shipping lines to them before. JB is very much stronger this time round.

Teddy - With your intelligence you can probably find out and know more than me yourself ;) Nothing beats a ground survey such as talking to the locals and seeing the sales charts, rather than depending on Internet/forum. Everything here can be fictitious.

hyenergix
16-02-13, 07:00
No sold already. Left 1 more inter rented out to some ahbeng malaysian indian and his fambly, angkong from cuff to neck - but damn nice guy. Last time sio de oh one. This one damn hard to sell, agent listing for ages. i cannot sell to foreigners coz the stupid jb govt raised the ceiling.

the danish couple one was damn power - on a hill facing golf water feature, fully unblocked.

i had the same idea as you, and the many others here. when i purchased this it was just me and wife. my original idea was to stay there, hire a driver for daily commute; buy a proton for self drive during weekends. Back then crime wasn't that bad.

then my baby came. no way in the world i will ever risk my kid to the dangers of JB. what made things worse was when wifey a couple of months into pregnancy, we went into JB to sign some legal docs, she kena snatch theft while still sitting in the car, with our driver still in the front seat somemore. tell my office the story - to my shock a quarter of my staff have experienced being robbed in daylight in JB some time or other.

no thanks, i'd rather pay a bit more for the safety of Singapore and buy some ulu boondocks like chestnut (which i have heee). yew pee yew chee yew tua liap nee

Sorry to hear about that. Golden rule is always keep your door lock and windows wind up in a car. Also beware of motorcyclists approaching you/your car because a lot of thefts/robberies are committed by guys riding motorbikes with parangs. JB city center (just after causeway) has more criminal activities, avoid there if possible - unfortunately most legal firms are located there so probably you have to visit at least once when you buy a property.

newbie11
16-02-13, 07:36
In terms of unit? I suppose mostly condos launches from what I know. I will check out the market again soon.
Still have 50% Unlaunch land

hyenergix
16-02-13, 07:42
Still have 50% Unlaunch land

Thanks. I'm not vested in HH but I will take a closer look.

yaozong7
16-02-13, 09:05
i cannot sell to foreigners coz the stupid jb govt raised the ceiling.

I am a foreigner (Singaporean) & am willing to buy from you at the foreigner floor cap of RM500K. Please PM me asap. Thanks.

DC33_2008
16-02-13, 14:43
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/RoundtableMeeting3March2013_zps7bd19225.jpg

fiat500
16-02-13, 16:31
Sorry to hear about that. Golden rule is always keep your door lock and windows wind up in a car. Also beware of motorcyclists approaching you/your car because a lot of thefts/robberies are committed by guys riding motorbikes with parangs. JB city center (just after causeway) has more criminal activities, avoid there if possible - unfortunately most legal firms are located there so probably you have to visit at least once when you buy a property.
What's the point of living there like that where u have to be worried of so many things in your everyday life?
Safety n security is the most important regardless of how cheap or how big the house yr $$$ can buy.. :beats-me-man:
This is something ( safety n security) which jb can never offer @ this moment n in the near future.

hyenergix
16-02-13, 16:44
What's the point of living there like that where u have to be worried of so many things in your everyday life?
Safety n security is the most important regardless of how cheap or how big the house yr $$$ can buy.. :beats-me-man:
This is something ( safety n security) which jb can never offer @ this moment n in the near future.

I think you r much more worried than me.

fiat500
16-02-13, 16:49
I think you r much more worried than me.
Better to be safe than sorry... but i am not worried cos i dont live there n also not likely in the near future! :D

newbie11
16-02-13, 17:31
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/RoundtableMeeting3March2013_zps7bd19225.jpg
U invited? Well connected!

hyenergix
16-02-13, 19:32
Better to be safe than sorry... but i am not worried cos i dont live there n also not likely in the near future! :D

Actually I feel more relax and happy in JB. Singapore is a little stressful :( Many people are quite unhappy in Singapore.

fiat500
16-02-13, 19:50
Actually I feel more relax and happy in JB. Singapore is a little stressful :( Many people are quite unhappy in Singapore.
Being happy or unhappy is up to the person himself or herself, it's all in the mindset..
Monetary wise,some are happy n contended living with just 3k per mth whereas some are not even happy with 10k..

Anyway, besides jb being an unsafe place, it's also not cheap eating there.. a bowl of laksa cost rm5 at a normal coffeeshop, more x than Singapore if u compare $ to $..

hyenergix
16-02-13, 20:04
Being happy or unhappy is up to the person himself or herself, it's all in the mindset..
Monetary wise,some are happy n contended living with just 3k per mth whereas some are not even happy with 10k..

Anyway, besides jb being an unsafe place, it's also not cheap eating there.. a bowl of laksa cost rm5 at a normal coffeeshop, more x than Singapore if u compare $ to $..

Uncle, it is S$2 lah. Laksa in Singapore costs S$3.50 okay? Please dun go there as I don't want to see another unhappy Singaporean (who is going to spoil my day) eating a S$2 laksa :mad:

minority
16-02-13, 20:27
Uncle, it is S$2 lah. Laksa in Singapore costs S$3.50 okay? Please dun go there as I don't want to see another unhappy Singaporean (who is going to spoil my day) eating a S$2 laksa :mad:

U are considering earn singapore live JB. Bro is saying a JB person work JB spend in jb

So have to be happy sgp sgd is strong.

fiat500
16-02-13, 20:27
Uncle bro,i mentioned if u compare dollar$$ to $$dollar ...
Do read carefully n comprehend ...:D

minority
16-02-13, 20:41
Uncle bro,i mentioned if u compare dollar$$ to $$dollar ...
Do read carefully n comprehend ...:D

I guess sgd strong so JB is cheap. People all scream now don't want GDP want Quality of life. So if sgd begone 1:1 to Malaysia will JB still feel cheap?

hyenergix
16-02-13, 21:18
Singaporeans shd continue to work hard n maintain e economic power. They shd not complain everywhere is expensive n not good, even in JB. I have been to over 30 countries for work n travel n it is actually quite decent by comparison. Y Singaporeans juz can't c how fortunate they r? Where even e neighbouring country even allows them to buy freehold landed, buy subsidised petrol etc. Note foreigners can't do tt in Singapore.

hyenergix
16-02-13, 21:25
I'm off this thread for good.

fiat500
17-02-13, 14:24
Bro, only having some discussion n sharing of ideas here.
Having different views does not make us dislike 1 another..
Relax lah bro... :)

teddybear
17-02-13, 14:29
That is the right attitude isn't it?

Bro, only having some discussion n sharing of ideas here.
Having different views does not make us dislike 1 another..
Relax lah bro... :)

Shanhz
17-02-13, 15:51
recently visited a fren who lives in bukit indah, gated compound. they commute daily to work in sgp cbd.

on the way in, i see lots and lots of plantation. the supply of future land is practically infinite.

at night, i could see the row of houses where his house is.. about 30% is lived in. the rest have owners but all dark and you know nobody is around. altho' gated, there is this feeling that nothing is really safe. all his windows and doors are armed.

nice house, bot RM$900k 2-3 yrs ago, now easily can sell RM$1.2m. my fren is comfortable there because he was born and bred in JB. for me, i think i will prefer my HDB.

fiat500
17-02-13, 16:40
That is the right attitude isn't it?
Cheers bro.. :cheers1:

DC33_2008
20-02-13, 15:50
Garment really indirectly encourages people in singapore to retire there will all these wellness, waterfront resort, etc.

eng81157
20-02-13, 15:54
Garment really indirectly encourages people in singapore to retire there will all these wellness, waterfront resort, etc.

indirectly?! KenoBiWan already prophesized about singaporeans retiring in JB years back

leesg123
20-02-13, 16:28
recently visited a fren who lives in bukit indah, gated compound. they commute daily to work in sgp cbd.

on the way in, i see lots and lots of plantation. the supply of future land is practically infinite.

at night, i could see the row of houses where his house is.. about 30% is lived in. the rest have owners but all dark and you know nobody is around. altho' gated, there is this feeling that nothing is really safe. all his windows and doors are armed.

nice house, bot RM$900k 2-3 yrs ago, now easily can sell RM$1.2m. my fren is comfortable there because he was born and bred in JB. for me, i think i will prefer my HDB.That is why the option of something similar in KL capital! 5 star high rise condo. Me too still doubt over JB security.

5 star living in KL, at SG HDB price:
http://images04.olx.com.my/ui/16/16/08/1320286643_272060808_1-Pictures-of--Panorama-KLCC-Studio-Rent.jpg

http://dsc.propwall.com/photos/5370/Hampshire_Residences_small_view.JPG

http://dsc.propwall.com/photos/4035/8_-_Hampshire_Residences__1__small_view.jpg

http://dsc.propwall.com/photos/541208/HR-dining_living_small_view.JPG

http://dsc.propwall.com/photos/1736606/DSC_0114_small_view.jpg

august
20-02-13, 16:52
indirectly?! KenoBiWan already prophesized about singaporeans retiring in JB years back

it is all in the plan ~

Werther
20-02-13, 16:59
I just got back from JB, senibong cove. All landed sold, except bumi lots, semi D around m$1.4m. They r launching their apt block soon. The landed r facing so called the lake or river, but it is actually a canal filled with black water.... Must by smelly during the hot season.

I think I still like horizon hill.....

DC33_2008
20-02-13, 17:03
I thought the site chosen by Capitaland to develop the danga waterfront project has issue of smell. Furthermore it is a reclaimed land.

newbie11
20-02-13, 18:42
Smacked of national service to buy this land..
Think 500psf.

newbie11
20-02-13, 18:43
I just got back from JB, senibong cove. All landed sold, except bumi lots, semi D around m$1.4m. They r launching their apt block soon. The landed r facing so called the lake or river, but it is actually a canal filled with black water.... Must by smelly during the hot season.

Opp is sembawang shipyard right? Oil spill... Walker bought the swamp facing club house to ensure no devt in future

Rysk
21-02-13, 00:01
Opp is sembawang shipyard right? Oil spill... Walker bought the swamp facing club house to ensure no devt in future
When he developed this Senibong Cove project.. The river cleaning is part of the project which they will ensured that the river is clean at all time.. Cos this is an high-end project

In the future, Sembawang shipyard will be shifting to somewhere else..

Rysk
21-02-13, 00:07
Bro, dun go off so soon leh...
We need you to share your views on Iskandar project.. Cos you have physically committed to it.. & can give "live" report inside M'sia mah

Ringo33
21-02-13, 02:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BeLr-sXmo&list=PLEF0C03E544562464

yaozong7
21-02-13, 15:45

Senibong no gd lah compared to other projects. Might as well buy Straits View Residence for its superior location (8-10 mins to checkpt) & more atas feel.

Saw Malay family in SG car looking at the Straits View showhouse when I visited it previously.....haha