PDA

View Full Version : Singapore is JAM city..

radha08
24-01-13, 08:50
This morning drive from pasir ris to balmoral took me 1 hr:doh:...eventhough i smart ass take the back road past ikea past q-bay...pass lornie road then via bukit timah...KNS Jam Jam Jam...sibei sianz...pay tax pay ERP..still kena this type of traffic...i really think spore getting too crowded:cool:

hyenergix
24-01-13, 08:53
This morning drive from pasir ris to balmoral took me 1 hr:doh:...eventhough i smart ass take the back road past ikea past q-bay...pass lornie road then via bukit timah...KNS Jam Jam Jam...sibei sianz...pay tax pay ERP..still kena this type of traffic...i really think spore getting too crowded:cool:

ERP is not high enough. 7 mil population is coming...

buttercarp
24-01-13, 08:54
Bro, you are rite.
Very sian to drive nowadays.
Roads crowded, drivers impatient, cut here cut there.
It is as though they purposely drive so close to me to scare me.
I feel so stressed driving.

Tek888
24-01-13, 08:57

yeah, traffic was bad this morning...for no apparent reason. It took 20min longer than usual for me to get to office :(

august
24-01-13, 09:00
ERP is not high enough. 7 mil population is coming...

raise erp will just divert the jam elsewhere but more money for govt coffers.

Shanhz
24-01-13, 09:02

i have long concluded that usually take small road and big road, no diff. might as well take the "normal" route because no need waste brain cell trying to "geng". haha..

by the way, singappore no longer FINE city?

condolisa
Countdown to Chinee New Year started already :scared-5:

hyenergix
raise erp will just divert the jam elsewhere but more money for govt coffers.

Then build more ERP gantries, until the entire island runs on GPS ERP. You can run but you cannot hide.

august
24-01-13, 09:06
Then build more ERP gantries, until the entire island runs on GPS ERP. You can run but you cannot hide.

arent they already spending money to conduct some study on gps erp system?

Shanhz
24-01-13, 09:09

how about "you can check out but you cannot leave"... :doh: :doh: :doh:

hyenergix
24-01-13, 09:24
arent they already spending money to conduct some study on gps erp system?

I think there are technical hurdles due to locking of the satellites. Even the commercial GPS for navigation are not that robust at the moment, particularly near tall buildings, below bridges and in tunnels. A GPS unit is also not cheap and prone to failure also. Probably in another 5 years at least.

charm
24-01-13, 09:27
It is so true. Driver these days also speed driving like rushing forever! and if you're driving in the tunnel, hearing those HUGE "vroom vroom VRooom!!!!!' from far in the tunnel scares me too! :scared-5: :scared-5:

azeoprop
24-01-13, 09:31
Let them buang your backside and demand maximum compensation. :rolleyes:

stl67
24-01-13, 09:42

brother, try and leave early the next time.
my colleague leave home early to beat the jam. but he will head for the gym instead.

Simi
24-01-13, 09:48
Bro, you are rite.

Donch feel stress

enjoy the humming sound of your engine
listen to the radio 93.8 95.8 whatever

car was built not to stress you but for your enjoyment and convenience :ashamed1:

ignore those "rude" drivers

minority
24-01-13, 10:05

try jakatar jam b4? or maybe BKK or Seoul?

CondoWE
24-01-13, 10:39
Take mrt to beat the jam la..:D . By 2030, traffic will be smoother as all promised MRT station should be in operation liao :cheers6: !

DMCK
24-01-13, 10:49
drive traffic jam, public transport human jam:doh:

radha08
24-01-13, 11:16
Take mrt to beat the jam la..:D . By 2030, traffic will be smoother as all promised MRT station should be in operation liao :cheers6: !

sea-esta to ang mo kio in 20 mins...:cheers5::cheers5::cheers5:

radha08
24-01-13, 11:19
brother, try and leave early the next time.
my colleague leave home early to beat the jam. but he will head for the gym instead.

no issue bro i wasnt rushing for time..just had some things to settle in balmoral after i sent my kid to sch in pasir ris...but was just a frustrating drive and really makes me wonder that this is the price sporeans must pay to be a world class country...:o

minority
24-01-13, 11:34
no issue bro i wasnt rushing for time..just had some things to settle in balmoral after i sent my kid to sch in pasir ris...but was just a frustrating drive and really makes me wonder that this is the price sporeans must pay to be a world class country...:o

head out eariler then. when everyone want the same thing there will be a crowd. Cant be help.

ysyap
24-01-13, 11:55
This morning drive from pasir ris to balmoral took me 1 hr:doh:...eventhough i smart ass take the back road past ikea past q-bay...pass lornie road then via bukit timah...KNS Jam Jam Jam...sibei sianz...pay tax pay ERP..still kena this type of traffic...i really think spore getting too crowded:cool:Give you a solution to your dreaded problem... start driving at 7am. Sure no jam lah... ;)

Or take night shift

Or find a job in the north so driving against traffic flow during peak hour... :spliff:

zzz1
24-01-13, 11:57

your choice,
1) take public transport and pack like sardines.
2) self drive pay erp and jam along the way...
3) ride bycycle
4) stay at home .....:D

minority
24-01-13, 12:11
your choice,
1) take public transport and pack like sardines.
2) self drive pay erp and jam along the way...
3) ride bycycle
4) stay at home .....:D

Go brunei.. lots of road there.. opps Centerpoint during peak hr there also jam.. at least u cant complain abt petrol price.

fireclone
24-01-13, 13:00

Quite good liao lor....my drive to work always takes me 1.5 hrs...

Shanhz
24-01-13, 13:13
Give you a solution to your dreaded problem... start driving at 7am. Sure no jam lah... ;)

:spliff:

i am on the road everyday at 645am. jam jam jam..

minority
24-01-13, 13:30

Take a Bus mah. Get me where I need to go in 45min! and sit in comfort surfing this site.

radha08
24-01-13, 13:51
for the record i went back from balmoral to pasir ris same route opposite direction at 12 noon...took me 20 mins...i LOVE singapore roads....:D:D:D

ya la i know la its all about timing...but i just being a singaporean complain complain complain...:D...thats because i dont like to que que que...another sporean pastime:doh:

teddybear
24-01-13, 19:56
Will break down once every month or not?

minority
24-01-13, 19:59
Cycle lor. No ERP n no TAX. no Petrol no COE. Healthy and Green.

I Sugest people CYCLE!

chiaberry
24-01-13, 20:10
There's a guy in my neighbourhood. RUNS from Sin Ming area to Clark Quay area for work every day. Carries work clothes in a haversack for changing.

minority
24-01-13, 20:18
There's a guy in my neighbourhood. RUNS from Sin Ming area to Clark Quay area for work every day. Carries work clothes in a haversack for changing.

Thats actually a great thing to do. I only hope I have that sort of perseverance and endurance.

dtrax
24-01-13, 20:39
Cycle lor. No ERP n no TAX. no Petrol no COE. Healthy and Green.

I Sugest people CYCLE!

Please get yourselves a Dahon [http://www.dahon.com/] damn power bicycle. Cycle along PCN wun go wrong one

azeoprop
24-01-13, 20:49
If only can allow those china battery powered scooters on park connectors .... :D

electric bicycles approved in sg:
http://www.singaporeelectricbicycle.com/

dtrax
24-01-13, 20:57
If only can allow those china battery powered scooters on park connectors .... :D

electric bicycles approved in sg:
http://www.singaporeelectricbicycle.com/

but quite hard if commuting to work.. foldies still work the best

azeoprop
24-01-13, 21:00
http://www.singaporeelectricbicycle.com/models-and-pricing/xiao-ding-dang-2

I thought this xiao ding dang is quite good, range per charge 30km.

proud owner
24-01-13, 23:47
It is so true. Driver these days also speed driving like rushing forever! and if you're driving in the tunnel, hearing those HUGE "vroom vroom VRooom!!!!!' from far in the tunnel scares me too! :scared-5: :scared-5:

thats the sound of the engine of certain cars not the speed lah

ever heard of a quiet Lambo or Ferrari ?

proud owner
24-01-13, 23:49
Bro, you are rite.

are you driving leisurely on lane 1 ?

in England they have signs that says :

" Hogging causes frustration, and Frustration causes accidents "

so true

proud owner
24-01-13, 23:51

wow your home and work place at opposite ends of singapore ?

i walk to work ...25 mins
from midtown west to midtown east ..

time to consider buying near work place

proud owner
24-01-13, 23:54
i am on the road everyday at 645am. jam jam jam..

whose fault ?

govt lor .... everywhere speed limit

even stupid Orchard boulevard (near Four Seasons hotel) ...6 lanes speed limit 50 km/hr ...
somemore never put the speed limit sign ... so many people kana booked there ...

how to reach your destination faster if you are not allowed to drive fast ?

the mnister never have this problem
cos Cisco stop the traffic for them

talk about Equality

:tongue3: :tongue3:

ok better stop

otherwise kana complain i WHINE again

kane
25-01-13, 00:01
Bikes squeeze with cars during morning rush hour very dangerous i find.

Shanhz
25-01-13, 07:34

benefits of exercise vs exhaust fumes inhaled.
dunno which one greater.