PDA

View Full Version : "This priority is bull sheet , HDB so expensive , got priority for fark use?"

roly8
23-01-13, 15:28
found this sentence from another forum:

"This priority is bull sheet , HDB so expensive , got priority for fark use?"

:D:D:D

august
23-01-13, 16:31
meanwhile in another forum...

"This market is bull sheet, so many cooling measures, got buyers and cash for fark use?"

:D :D :D

fiat500
23-01-13, 17:34
meanwhile in another forum...

"This market is bull sheet, so many cooling measures, got buyers and cash for fark use?"

:D :D :D
Many citizens are damn pissed off already...
Local property owners n investors all kena jammed by 1CM after another ..
1st time buyers also fed up cos of sky high hdb prices which is beyond reach for some.
N lastly C.O.E which has now come to an unrealistic level where only the rich can afford..

Will be interesting to see whether this coming election will have any negative impact on the men in white? :spliff:

roly8
23-01-13, 17:40
1st time buyers also fed up cos of sky high hdb prices which is beyond reach for some.
N lastly C.O.E which has now come to an unrealistic level where only the rich can afford..

Will be interesting to see whether this coming election will have any negative impact on the men in white? :spliff:

if you have invested in properties here.. you are on the white side.. :D:D

indomie
23-01-13, 18:03
http://static.urbantimes.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Street-Children-2-Poor-Soles..jpg
Whenever I feel how unfair or how tough my situation is, I just look at some homeless kids. In spite of their circumstances, u can see genuine joy in their faces. Then I feel ashamed that I can't be as happy.

ekl2ekl2
23-01-13, 18:12
Can't tell from their hidden faces whether they are happy
Things change when we grow up.
Thats why adults are generally more unhappy than kids bec we have more things to worry about.

Like worry when we see ppty prices go up,
Also worry when we see ppty prices go down,
But when ppty prices go sideways,
Also worry how long this will last.:scared-4:

Arcachon
23-01-13, 18:24

Buy within your mean.

In 1988 I got my first bite of the cherry, the biggest I can bite using the priority for civil service.

My salary then was $1200 and I brought a $83,000 4 Room HDB.

Without the priority at that time it take 7 years to get a bite.

Fast forward, now they give the priority, go ahead and get a bite for the cherry, the biggest you can bite. After you digest it, shit it out and go for the next bite. Waiting at the sideline will get you where you are waiting.

Allthepies
23-01-13, 18:33
I should be scolding and screaming at the government.

When I bought my first private property, government introduce CM and barred me from buying HDB.

When I intend to buy my second private property, government introduce 40% downpayment.

When I intend to sell my property, government introduce CM after CM.

But surprisingly I'm not even angry with the government, cause I understand the big picture, the government is reacting to the external envornment. What is more important, I seize other opportunities, if I can't buy property, I can still buy equity! If I have grumble and grumble like the rest, I will have missed both the property and equity boat.

And further more, my family income is less than 100K but I can say I'm much happier than people who earn much more. The reason is I dont complain much and is satisfied with what I have.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Arcachon
23-01-13, 18:35
Everyone got a choice, spend time complaining or spend time looking at way to enrich himself.

http://www.richdad.com/Resources/Rich-Dad-Financial-Education-Blog/January-2013/being-rich-and-the-power-of-choice.aspx

Why the decisions you make, make the difference between rich and poor

We all long for the freedom to choose. This is why throughout history people have fought for, and given their lives to, the cause of freedom. This is why families will leave everything to emigrate from an oppressive country to a free one. This is why we celebrate great men like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Gandhi.

But like most freedoms, choice is a double-edged sword. When we're free to choose, we're free to make decisions that are good but also decisions that are bad. Often, what separates the successful from the unsuccessful, the rich from the poor, is the choices that we make.

Financially, with every dollar we have, we have the power to choose our future: to be rich, poor, or middle class. Our spending habits reflect who we are and what we value. Poor people have poor spending habits. Rich people have rich spending habits.

If you want to be rich, it's important that you understand the power of choice and know how to make good financial choices.

Choose to be rich every day.

Choose As a boy, I had the benefit of a rich dad who taught me to think like the rich think. He taught me the difference between an asset and a liability. A long time ago, as a little boy, I chose to be rich. I knew all I had to do was learn to acquire assets.

Most people choose not to be rich. It's too much of a hassle. They'll say things like, "I'm not interested in money," "I don't have to worry because I'm still young," "I'll never be rich," and "My spouse handles all the finances."

This way of thinking robs you of two important things: Time and learning, your most important assets.

If you want to be rich, you must stop having excuses and start having a new mindset. You must make the choice to every day invest your time into learning about money and how it works. You must choose to find great deals and assets. You must choose to be rich. It does not happen by accident.

I choose to be rich, and I make that choice every day.

Welcome new ideas.

Many people choose to follow the same old line of thinking when it comes to money: go to school, get a good job, buy a house, save money, and invest in a balanced portfolio of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. The problem is that those are the old rules of money. They are no longer valid. Not only that, following them will make you poor.

If you want to be rich, you must choose to be open-minded. This means not following the conventional wisdom about money, and instead, thinking for yourself. There are many intelligent people who argue and defend when a new idea clashes with the way they think. Their intelligence is really arrogance. A truly intelligent person welcomes new ideas.

The rich choose to listen and learn when presented with new ideas. This is why the rich are some of the most humble people I know.

Increase your financial education.

A friend of mine had her apartment burglarized. The thieves took her TV and left all the books. The funny thing is that most people would make the same choice. Most people would rather have a TV than books. But it's those who choose to invest in education rather than distract themselves with entertainments who are successful in life.

If you want to be rich, you must choose to invest in your financial education. Personally, I love seminars. I like them to be at least two-days long so I can immerse myself in the subject. In 1973, I spent $385 on a real estate seminar that has made me millions of dollars since. I also love audio books. I can listen and learn wherever I'm at, and I like the ability to easily review what I've heard. Finally, I love to learn from others. I make friends with people who think differently than me and who are smarter than me. They teach me valuable lessons every day.

The result of all this is that I add new ways of thinking to my old ways of thinking. This gives me multiple angles to approach a problem or situation. Choosing to increase my financial education by always being humble and willing to learn has allowed me to have a sophisticated financial intelligence that has in turn, made me very rich.

How about you? What choices are you making to be rich? How have your choices kept you from being successful?

Today, I encourage you to take a look at the choices you make. At the end of the day, our choices are one of the few things in life we can totally control. Choose to be rich.

RCT
23-01-13, 19:09
Come on... HDB is not expensive at all. Especially BTO flats... Even resales flats are considered cheap.. BTO pricing cannot even find in second-line city in China... I know it feel nice to complain about the government but this is not the way...

Imagine if we don't have HDB... I can bet now PC will be selling at least double the price as what they are selling now. At least HDB give all Singaporeans a chance to buy a flat.. Although I am also quite against PR able to buy resale HDB.. But it is still ok as they will still need to buy from Singaporean who got the flat from BTO.. So Singaporean still benefit from it actually as they can make money from it. It just depends whether you are the one that benefited from it...

Imagine you are born in HK, the pricing of the house there is like crazy....

radha08
23-01-13, 19:14

Buy within your mean.

In 1988 I got my first bite of the cherry, the biggest I can bite using the priority for civil service.

My salary then was $1200 and I brought a $83,000 4 Room HDB.

Without the priority at that time it take 7 years to get a bite.

Fast forward, now they give the priority, go ahead and get a bite for the cherry, the biggest you can bite. After you digest it, shit it out and go for the next bite. Waiting at the sideline will get you where you are waiting.

wise words i shall always remind my children that..GO for the biggest bite when its ur turn for public housing...cos i did not do that...:beats-me-man: ..i took a small bite:( ..but ok still quite full:cool:

teddybear
23-01-13, 19:21
If MIW win means all the cooling measures and high COEs policy are supported? :scared-3:

roly8
23-01-13, 19:40
Come on... HDB is not expensive at all. Especially BTO flats... Even resales flats are considered cheap.. BTO pricing cannot even find in second-line city in China... I know it feel nice to complain about the government but this is not the way...

Imagine if we don't have HDB... I can bet now PC will be selling at least double the price as what they are selling now. At least HDB give all Singaporeans a chance to buy a flat.. Although I am also quite against PR able to buy resale HDB.. But it is still ok as they will still need to buy from Singaporean who got the flat from BTO.. So Singaporean still benefit from it actually as they can make money from it. It just depends whether you are the one that benefited from it...

Imagine you are born in HK, the pricing of the house there is like crazy....

live in city is like that one..

bo bian :(

roly8
23-01-13, 19:41
wise words i shall always remind my children that..GO for the biggest bite when its ur turn for public housing...cos i did not do that...:beats-me-man: ..i took a small bite:( ..but ok still quite full:cool:

bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

can meet downpayment or not?

teddybear
23-01-13, 20:09
Why not? $50k downpayment only wah. If don't have cash buy resale, pay say $600k, downpayment $60k but $30k from Govt, so cash downpayment only $30k.... :p

bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

minority
23-01-13, 20:34

they will never be happy. goverment should stick with right policy fark care what the people think.!

RCT
23-01-13, 20:52
they will never be happy. goverment should stick with right policy fark care what the people think.!

The policy may be good for the country but it may not be good to the citizen.. But we are a small country so a lot thing the government also no choice but to go ahead even through the people will be unhappy...

DaytonaSS
23-01-13, 21:02
found this sentence from another forum:

:D:D:D

Dont want move aside, many pple grabbing it. We live in a free world, find expensive then ask the bugger stay with parents lah. The game so simple , dont know how to play, dont expect that bugger to make it in Singapore also.

Market resale sell 700k, Govt build brand new sell him $500k, live 5 years sell, make $200k. He is back to square 1, no house but, got $200k in pocket.

So to answer the qn, priority got what use? Grandpa Seed $$ 200k lor. Clever singaporeans , quickly buy when they are young and when pay is low. Cos screw Govt few years, after that pay overshoot $10k, come fark Govt again, y never take care of sandwich class.

Some pple deserve to get shit in their face, give them gold they dont want, insist must smear shit then they shiok.

RCT
23-01-13, 21:05
bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

If one cannot afford to buy something, is it the fault of that person or is it the fault of the government? If really cannot afford a 5 rm HDB, why not buy a 4 rm or a 3 rm? Or just simply wait for BTO? Just that maybe the poor have to stay in smaller flat and the rich can stay in bigger flat. You cannot expect the rich and poor to have the same thing. I believe nowhere in the world this can be achieve.

Some people can afford multi-property like some of the brothers here while some are having difficulties buying the first HDB. I believe one have to ask why this happen in the first place? Surely those who have the money have did something in the first place to get those money. Those who never work hard for the money must ask why and not just be jealous and scold the government for it. What is it to do with the government when one cannot earn a lot of money? :doh:

I agree the government have to do something to help the poor. But ultimately, it all depend on the individual.

stiook
23-01-13, 21:07
Really wonder why so many people KPKB... What is wrong if COE is $100k? Take the bus, MRT or taxi.

Why must stay in AMK 5-room for BTO? Go Sembawang!

Too expensive? Think about how you can make more $ to afford it. Otherwise, be contented because this is only what you are capable of. Some of these people are really :banghead:

DaytonaSS
23-01-13, 21:08
bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

bro, BMW 260k for car?

Confirm can buy?

Can meet or not?

Cannot then drive VW first lor. 5m cannot afford buy4 room lor, 4m cannot afford buy 3rm lor. 3rm cannot afford then stay with parents.

Cannot meet down payment see MP lor. Cannot see MP then come forum complain lor.

see my angry post above for the best helping hand Govt handout to Singaporeans known to me. Screw liao shiok shiok govt still got to give u $$$

minority
23-01-13, 21:08
Dont want move aside, many pple grabbing it. We live in a free world, find expensive then ask the bugger stay with parents lah. The game so simple , dont know how to play, dont expect that bugger to make it in Singapore also.

Market resale sell 700k, Govt build brand new sell him $500k, live 5 years sell, make $200k. He is back to square 1, no house but, got $200k in pocket.

So to answer the qn, priority got what use? Grandpa Seed $$ 200k lor. Clever singaporeans , quickly buy when they are young and when pay is low. Cos screw Govt few years, after that pay overshoot $10k, come fark Govt again, y never take care of sandwich class.

Some pple deserve to get shit in their face, give them gold they dont want, insist must smear shit then they shiok.

All just want to sit there winne n winne wait for things to fall in to their lap becoz they hold a red passport.

Frankly even if it raining gold still must go pick. Wat a bunch of loosers.

stiook
23-01-13, 21:10
bro, BMW 260k for car?

Confirm can buy?

Can meet or not?

Cannot then drive VW first lor. 5m cannot afford buy4 room lor, 4m cannot afford buy 3rm lor. 3rm cannot afford then stay with parents.

Cannot meet down payment see MP lor. Cannot see MP then come forum complain lor.

see my angry post above for the best helping hand Govt handout to Singaporeans known to me. Screw liao shiok shiok govt still got to give u $$$

Totally agree!!!

DaytonaSS
23-01-13, 21:11
bro, $500k for 5rm HDB?

confirm can bite?

bro, BMW 260k for car?

Confirm can buy?

Can meet or not?

minority
23-01-13, 21:12
Really wonder why so many people KPKB... What is wrong if COE is $100k? Take the bus, MRT or taxi.

Too expensive? Think about how you can make more $ to afford it. Otherwise, be contented because this is only what you are capable of. Some of these people are really :banghead:

this is becoz they think they can blackmail the goverment for freebize. Its like robbing the country.. when too much such freebize get hands out. eventually tax have to be collected to keep this going.

imagine 10yrs later take away baby bonus.. PEOPLE will cry foul!!! government CHEAT ME $$$$

its like a US drugged on credit cannot get off it. but its killing the country...

no one want to care abt the consequences. all they cared is take for self now. all selfing n myopic.

RCT
23-01-13, 21:14

Cannot be more agreed with the above sentence. I am not in the elite class. I don't have a house. I don't have a car. But I am not complaining as I understand all this is nobody fault but my own. I have been working harder so that I can be like all the successful brothers here to be owners of houses. :cheers6:

hyenergix
23-01-13, 21:16
Cannot be more agreed with the above sentence. I am not in the elite class. I don't have a house. I don't have a car. But I am not complaining as I understand all this is nobody fault but my own. I have been working harder so that I can be like all the successful brothers here to be owners of houses. :cheers6:

Stay healthy n happy, u can still have a fulfiling life n out live e elites.

stiook
23-01-13, 21:22

Even in communist country, there is wealth disparity. so we all work hard and move up the ladder... slowly we will get there. sitting down and complaining like some other people do is really useless...

RCT, I wish you success! :cheers4:

kane
23-01-13, 21:22
those young people who only want mature estate are really silly, nowadays, the up and coming estates are the ones that give you the highest ROI. plus they are all so well connected from a transportation sense.

minority
23-01-13, 21:31
those young people who only want mature estate are really silly, nowadays, the up and coming estates are the ones that give you the highest ROI. plus they are all so well connected from a transportation sense.

Well later miss out complain again lot. :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: wat else do they know to do?

kane
23-01-13, 21:39
the highest ROI will give them the best springboard to their next month. if they miss that out, they really have no one else to blame but themselves.

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 21:46
I don't mind giving up my citizenship . Who wants? :spliff:

indomie
23-01-13, 22:01
I want... I will change from indomie to maggie mee.

DaytonaSS
23-01-13, 22:04

LOL u are funny, rem to sell your hdb and get your birth right b4 u go k. But also rem to study hard and get a good degree, if not the better countries will not take u in.

But if you are already there(made it le) then where u go doesn't matter i guess. Wish you luck in the new country. If u going USA rem to buy some bullet proof vest for you and family. Over here only suck u dry only, wont die so fast.

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 22:09
LOL u are funny, rem to sell your hdb and get your birth right b4 u go k. But also rem to study hard and get a good degree, if not the better countries will not take u in.

But if you are already there(made it le) then where u go doesn't matter i guess. Wish you luck in the new country. If u going USA rem to buy some bullet proof vest for you and family. Over here only suck u dry only, wont die so fast.
Lol. Already studied very hard in the past. Seriously, I don't mind selling hdb flat n get back my CPf before I die. At least I get to see it and feel it. Dont like USA, Prefer places like Indonesia, bangkok, Taiwan ..... :spliff2:

DaytonaSS
23-01-13, 22:11
All just want to sit there winne n winne wait for things to fall in to their lap becoz they hold a red passport.

Frankly even if it raining gold still must go pick. Wat a bunch of loosers.

cant blame them, nothing to do login internet and absorb all the negative shit. After all stay in well can only see abit of the sky. There are other heaven on earth and also shit holes.

Most impt is make the best of what we are blessed with and find some happiness there. Havnt been in shit hole how to know what is good for this group. Good thing they are intelligent bunch, once they open their eyes by travelling around, they wont continue to self destruct.

teddybear
23-01-13, 22:13
"maggie mee"? Unacceptable! Not representative of Singapore!
You should change to "Singamie"! :p

I want... I will change from indomie to maggie mee.

DaytonaSS
23-01-13, 22:16
Lol. Already studied very hard in the past. Seriously, I don't mind selling hdb flat n get back my CPf before I die. At least I get to see it and feel it. Dont like USA, Prefer places like Indonesia, bangkok, Taiwan ..... :spliff2:

Great Choice for bangkok, x by 22 on your wealth. When u reach there i suspect u will be very happy, your HDB will make you a mini millionaire there. CPF also can eat alot of wantan me. I love BK wanton mee!

If still got libido it will be a great place to enjoy life. Thanks for contributing to Singapore, u earn the right to enjoy life now, wherever u choose to go. What we have now, is the seed sowed by your generation.

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 22:17
Lol. Only foreign trash can't make it in their hometown like to lecture others

kane
23-01-13, 22:18
i like taiwan. a bit far if you have relatives here.

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 22:18
Great Choice for bangkok, x by 22 on your wealth. When u reach there i suspect u will be very happy, your HDB will make you a mini millionaire there. CPF also can eat alot of wantan me. I love BK wanton mee!

If still got libido it will be a great place to enjoy life. Thanks for contributing to Singapore, u earn the right to enjoy life now, wherever u choose to go. What we have now, is the seed sowed by your generation. at least 24 times leh :D

DaytonaSS
23-01-13, 22:20
at least 24 times leh :D

hahah long time never visit bangkok apparently

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 22:20
I can start a family there :D well, easier said than done ....

hopeful
23-01-13, 22:25
wondering when will forummers from TRE crossover to Condosingapore and/or from Condosingapore to TRE?
Sparks surely fly.

indomie
23-01-13, 22:26
Indonesia? Speak of the devil. U don't have to be smart here, but for goodness sake please be very rich. U don't want to be an average joe here. No first class public housing, no efficient public transport, no affordable public health service, not much public safety, no bank is going to borrow u money if u are nobody. But if u are rich and well connected.... Its heaven.

kane
23-01-13, 22:27
wondering when will forummers from TRE crossover to Condosingapore and/or from Condosingapore to TRE?
Sparks surely fly.

no common interest between the 2 groups leh.

Cupcakes
23-01-13, 22:28
Sparks surely fly.
Because of < majority .......???

hopeful
23-01-13, 22:49
no common interest between the 2 groups leh.

here is pro-immigration/foreigner, pro-PAP, want property to up & up.
TRE is anti-immigration/foreigner, anti-PAP, want property to be affordable.

forummers here seems to represent the top 20%.
forummers at TRE seems to represent the bottom 20%.

so sure have plenty to clash about

Shanhz
24-01-13, 07:50

i love taiwan too. nice pple, laid back lifestyle, but earthquake is quite a dampener. i am wondering what contributes to their GDP.

Shanhz
24-01-13, 07:51
Sparks surely fly.

the rationale ones from TRE will convert to MIW supporter once they reap benefits from condosgp

minority
24-01-13, 07:51
hahah long time never visit bangkok apparently

if u cant stand the train congestion in sgp then u won't like bKK the train at peak hr is worst.

minority
24-01-13, 07:55
here is pro-immigration/foreigner, pro-PAP, want property to up & up.
TRE is anti-immigration/foreigner, anti-PAP, want property to be affordable.

forummers here seems to represent the top 20%.
forummers at TRE seems to represent the bottom 20%.

so sure have plenty to clash about

wrong.. TRE is anti anything. want free! frankly if prop is free they will complain small. complain no good location , complain where is my train at my door step , complain n complain.

get real! everthing have a cost n consequences. want free? pay more tax. dont want pay tax but want free.

Want to win 4D must also go buy!

indomie
24-01-13, 08:42
wrong.. TRE is anti anything. want free! frankly if prop is free they will complain small. complain no good location , complain where is my train at my door step , complain n complain.

get real! everthing have a cost n consequences. want free? pay more tax. dont want pay tax but want free.

As a note... Next time our fellow singaporeans go for a trip overseas. Don't take a five star tour. Go backpacking to see the real life. Its an eye opening. I bet when u come back home u will cherish everything u have. Even clean running water to clean your *ss is a luxury in some country.

Shanhz
24-01-13, 08:59
As a note... Next time our fellow singaporeans go for a trip overseas. Don't take a five star tour. Go backpacking to see the real life. Its an eye opening. I bet when u come back home u will cherish everything u have. Even clean running water to clean your *ss is a luxury in some country.

that is so true. usually pple who travel alot (not by tour) will appreciate MIW

indomie
24-01-13, 09:01
Your typical hdb flat is not simply a room in a building. It comes with:
1. Lifetime warranty
2. quality running water
3. Fail safe electrical system
4. Constant maintenance and upkeeping
5. Neighbourhood police
6. Price appreciation guarantee
7. Secured bank loan
8. Access to public transportation
9. Convenience shops and markets
10. Close proximity to schools

What more do u want? These facilities only a rich country like sg can provide. I emphasis the term "rich".

minority
24-01-13, 10:41

Yes I hope More singaporean open their eyes. Go travel ard the region and experience it.

kane
24-01-13, 22:44
Your typical hdb flat is not simply a room in a building. It comes with:
1. Lifetime warranty
2. quality running water
3. Fail safe electrical system
4. Constant maintenance and upkeeping
5. Neighbourhood police
6. Price appreciation guarantee
7. Secured bank loan
8. Access to public transportation
9. Convenience shops and markets
10. Close proximity to schools

What more do u want? These facilities only a rich country like sg can provide. I emphasis the term "rich".

they want jaga, swimming pool, tennis court, function room, clubhouse... heh heh.

orange
24-01-13, 23:42
Yes I hope More singaporean open their eyes. Go travel ard the region and experience it.

I thought Singapore is a first world country? Swiss standard?

Why are we comparing with southeast Asian region? We should be comparing to London, Paris, Milan, Zurich, Munich, Oslo, Copenhagen, New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo!

Get your position right leh.

orange
24-01-13, 23:45
Indonesia? Speak of the devil. U don't have to be smart here, but for goodness sake please be very rich. U don't want to be an average joe here. No first class public housing, no efficient public transport, no affordable public health service, not much public safety, no bank is going to borrow u money if u are nobody. But if u are rich and well connected.... Its heaven.

Yeah man, followed my indon friend around Jakarta when I was younger... Had the time of my life! Sex drugs fast cars ballroom functions clubbing drinking sex sex sex and more sex drugs sex drugs... Money buys you EVERYTHING there

orange
24-01-13, 23:47

Why compare ourselves to the poor? Please compare ourselves to the rich mah... So that we can improve ourselves...

orange
24-01-13, 23:53

TRE are bunch of losers lah....

If they were on the other side of the grass, studied hard, good job, got house got car, you think they will complain? They don't have that's why kow pay kow bu.

They are so typical of our generation: ME ME ME everything about me myself and I. I don't have that's why I complain. What a bunch of guniangs, ball-less wimps who don't want to work for anything and expect good things to fall from the sky.

orange
24-01-13, 23:59
Lol. Only foreign trash can't make it in their hometown like to lecture others

Strawberry generation like you should take the place of those Pinoy waitress, PRC restaurant worker or Bangla construction worker for a day to see how it feels to be doing some real work, with a poor family to feed back in their hometown.

They are the same age as you, but they have seen more reality than you ever will. You need some spurs in your hide. Wake the **** up!

minority
25-01-13, 00:58
I thought Singapore is a first world country? Swiss standard?

Why are we comparing with southeast Asian region? We should be comparing to London, Paris, Milan, Zurich, Munich, Oslo, Copenhagen, New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo!

Get your position right leh.

Sure go compare. LA then. how many homeless roaming the streest with will work for food?

How abt the homeless sleeping in Paris subway?

gincelee
25-01-13, 06:23
that is so true. usually pple who travel alot (not by tour) will appreciate MIW

Hmm...I backpack for all my trips (europe, nepal, asia etc) but dun seem to agree with your sentence :cool:

heehee
25-01-13, 07:03
Ai yo, and they say it is govt's Job to make private properties, including landed affordable for them to buy! Govt must help them to fulfill their aspirations to live in condos & landed! :doh:

If they were on the other side of the grass, studied hard, good job, got house got car, you think they will complain? They don't have that's why kow pay kow bu.

They are so typical of our generation: ME ME ME everything about me myself and I. I don't have that's why I complain. What a bunch of guniangs, ball-less wimps who don't want to work for anything and expect good things to fall from the sky.

Simi
25-01-13, 07:26

so people like Mr Leong Sze Hian who is a frequent contributor to TRE is a Loser...hmmmm

I pray our good job are really secure and not to be replaced by a FT in the near future.

God Bless

Shanhz
25-01-13, 07:48
Hmm...I backpack for all my trips (europe, nepal, asia etc) but dun seem to agree with your sentence :cool:

perhaps we need to caveat what "appreciation" means in this context:

appreciate MIW for a clean, safe, neat and beautiful country to bring up our kids. appreciate them for a 20min non peak hour ride from city to airport and such good roads with no potholes. clean water in every house, toilets, etc. you get the gist.

NOT appreciate MIW for the stress that we and our kids have to go thru. the high costs of living as a result of FT policy. etc.

it depends which is impt to you.

for the record, i am a neutral political observer, with a slight tendency to support oppo for bringing about change. but i can recognise that MIW has done good work and should continue to rule.

stl67
25-01-13, 08:16
I should be scolding and screaming at the government.

When I bought my first private property, government introduce CM and barred me from buying HDB.

When I intend to buy my second private property, government introduce 40% downpayment.

When I intend to sell my property, government introduce CM after CM.

But surprisingly I'm not even angry with the government, cause I understand the big picture, the government is reacting to the external envornment. What is more important, I seize other opportunities, if I can't buy property, I can still buy equity! If I have grumble and grumble like the rest, I will have missed both the property and equity boat.

And further more, my family income is less than 100K but I can say I'm much happier than people who earn much more. The reason is I dont complain much and is satisfied with what I have.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

+++ like. I am heavily vested in property.. i can't deny that i am disappointed.. but after thinking about it, this CMs might be good to calm the markets especially during stormy weather, CMs can be removed step by step to balance the market...
so like you, i am also moving my other investment into bonds and etc.. thanks to the bond thread started by Laguna and shared by Vic.

most important dont complain and complain... find a solution instead of whining...

Laguna
25-01-13, 08:28
+++ like. I am heavily vested in property.. i can't deny that i am disappointed.. but after thinking about it, this CMs might be good to calm the markets especially during stormy weather, CMs can be removed step by step to balance the market...
so like you, i am also moving my other investment into bonds and etc.. thanks to the bond thread started by Laguna and shared by Vic.

most important dont complain and complain... find a solution instead of whining...

hahah, u shall buy me a good lunch lor!

stl67
25-01-13, 10:06
hahah, u shall buy me a good lunch lor!

swee, i have not make $$ yet, but if i do i will certainly remember you.