PDA

View Full Version : HDB help New Citizens to get flats faster, native SC screwed by new policy!

orange
23-01-13, 01:53
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh29/singaporenewsalternative/hdbbto_zpscba41663.jpg

leesg123
23-01-13, 06:17
Any policies can be twisted to become anti gov.

NorthernStar
23-01-13, 06:46
This Sq1 from CNA forum is with Mr Basic side.
http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?172528-Spore-property-going-to-collapse-due-to-global-economy-amp-war..no-2015-no-buy..

I knew some ppl who are native SC with kids in primary school now but they still stay with parent in parent's HDB. This is a good news for them.

Allthepies
23-01-13, 07:16
Too many anti fanatics around. Government do something they complain, government don't do anything they also complain.seriously these group of people make us wonder whether Singapore can still continue to prosper.

CondoInterested
23-01-13, 07:29

I knew some ppl who are native SC with kids in primary school now but they still stay with parent in parent's HDB. This is a good news for them.
err... 16 years old is Sec 4 leh...

Primary school is less than or equal than 12 years old leh...

But the fact is true that native Singaporean usually want / prefer to have their own flats before they get married if they can afford it.

Nowadays people get married without a flat (usually not they want it that way) is due to policy failure under the previous era of MND for not building enough. This group or when HDB start to stop / almost stop building is about 5 to 8 years back when there are many balance HDB flats. So it is questionable why go back to 16 years which is my era when new flats are readily available and during our time, getting a flat before married is a must or else girlfriend will dump you. Those time is we proposed by not saying "will you marry me", we say "let's go apply HDB" :D

The policy is first timer getting married will have first priority, those with kids 12 years (not 16 years) and below second priority and follow by second timer.

buttercarp
23-01-13, 07:47
This Sq1 from CNA forum is with Mr Basic side.
http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?172528-Spore-property-going-to-collapse-due-to-global-economy-amp-war..no-2015-no-buy..

This group of people I know have already bought a HDB and sold it and they are living with their parents.
So they are not considered first timers.
May be they should include people who do not own any HDB but are applying for HDB, instead of first time applicants.

CondoInterested
23-01-13, 07:53
This group of people I know have already bought a HDB and sold it and they are living with their parents.
So they are not considered first timers.
May be they should include people who do not own any HDB but are applying for HDB, instead of first time applicants.
Aiyo, auntie, this group is call second timer lah...

roly8
23-01-13, 08:14
why not set to max. 12 yr old?

:o

Shanhz
23-01-13, 08:15
Any policies can be twisted to become anti gov.

we are vested so we are usually pro-gov.

however i have to agree TS makes some sense. it is true how many true blue sgporeans get married and have kids without first buying their own flat.

buttercarp
23-01-13, 08:16
Aiyo, auntie, this group is call second timer lah...

Hello Gramps, auntie suggest you go to the optician.
Of course auntie knows lah, that's why I say if only they revise or tweek the rules to include this people.

hyenergix
23-01-13, 08:21
This group of new citizens will own HDB in 3-4 years' time, and moves up the upgrading ladder to condos, prob in 5-10 years time. This provides good support to the property prices here.

leesg123
23-01-13, 08:23
Hello Gramps, auntie suggest you go to the optician.
Of course auntie knows lah, that's why I say if only they revise or tweek the rules to include this people.personally i think it is about priority, tat is why 1st timer, 2nd timer etc. in the first place why do they sell? of course if they sell of genuine hardship, then ok, but if they sell for profit how? still deserve to give priority or same priority as 1st timer?

leesg123
23-01-13, 08:24
we are vested so we are usually pro-gov.

however i have to agree TS makes some sense. it is true how many true blue sgporeans get married and have kids without first buying their own flat.true to some extent, but then relooking, aren't new citizens also citizens?? :beats-me-man:

not easy to be garment ah, anything also kena shoot :scared-2:

ay123
23-01-13, 08:33
Too many anti fanatics around. Government do something they complain, government don't do anything they also complain.seriously these group of people make us wonder whether Singapore can still continue to prosper.

lucky such useless ppl who only know how to complain and stir shit only form the minority or WE DIE.

jeaprp
23-01-13, 08:39
This group of new citizens will own HDB in 3-4 years' time, and moves up the upgrading ladder to condos, prob in 5-10 years time. This provides good support to the property prices here.

Agreed. The immigration policy will be the key support for housing.:cool:
7 million , here we come.

leesg123
23-01-13, 08:44
lucky such useless ppl who only know how to complain and stir shit only form the minority or WE DIE.actually not minority leh, about 40%! It is the GRC system...

Shanhz
23-01-13, 08:45
true to some extent, but then relooking, aren't new citizens also citizens?? :beats-me-man:

not easy to be garment ah, anything also kena shoot :scared-2:

that's why need to pay them high to get them mah. loss of privacy, everything you do/say scrutinised. set up FB in order to get shoot everyday. sibei sian one leh. best part is every other sunday gotta go do great sgpore workout or carry someone baby and look like thoroughly enjoying it. latest most classic medical doctor have to use hand to pick up leave in order to clear water ponding. wah biang. easy job?

to b frank, on the part of the new citizen. every morning i walk my kids to sch, all i hear around me is PRC accent. it does feel very disheartening sometimes.

economist
23-01-13, 08:51
New citizens bring great contributions to Singapore, we should welcome them, they are already citizens, and there is no dual nationality allowed here.

jeaprp
23-01-13, 08:51
that's why need to pay them high to get them mah. loss of privacy, everything you do/say scrutinised. set up FB in order to get shoot everyday. sibei sian one leh. best part is every other sunday gotta go do great sgpore workout or carry someone baby and look like thoroughly enjoying it. latest most classic medical doctor have to use hand to pick up leave in order to clear water ponding. wah biang. easy job?

to b frank, on the part of the new citizen. every morning i walk my kids to sch, all i hear around me is PRC accent. it does feel very disheartening sometimes.

True bred native SC 3mil, 4mil ,rest of the world.
Get it:cool:

hyenergix
23-01-13, 08:52

Come to think about it in a positive light: in another 20-30 years' time our working population will decline severely without new citizens working to pay taxes and our military defence will weaken also. With a younger working population, at least there will be people around to pay taxes to support old people like us and defend our people and properties :p

thomastansb
23-01-13, 08:57
Singapore will be ruined by these idiots soon.

hopeful
23-01-13, 08:58
can parents become citizens while their children remain as foreigners?
or their children have dual citizenship until they reach a certain age and have to decide?

if more than 16 when become citizen, is there still a need to serve ns?

eng81157
23-01-13, 09:06
can parents become citizens while their children remain as foreigners?
or their children have dual citizenship until they reach a certain age and have to decide?

if more than 16 when become citizen, is there still a need to serve ns?

erm.....it's happening right now. they just pack up and leave for their home country, after enjoying all the benefits.

leesg123
23-01-13, 09:28
to b frank, on the part of the new citizen. every morning i walk my kids to sch, all i hear around me is PRC accent. it does feel very disheartening sometimes.understand, 1st generation citizen mah, wait for the 2nd and 3rd. think of it as a renewal for our little island, like when our ah gong ah ma came to SG many many years ago, also PRC accent. give them some time bah.

star
23-01-13, 10:07
Without PAP winning majority seats u think your properties and shares market will go up? Investors' confidence will crash and they will panic. Property will crash and stock market here will crash. U think u still can depend on rental to retire?? Likely foreigners go away to Malaysia to set up companies, malaysia low cost and rental and the chinese there are hardworkng.

Workers party will bring u more cooling measures, job lost, and property crash.

Laguna
23-01-13, 11:51
Do u think the latest incentives for baby will work?

My answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!!!!!

Gen Y and Gen X prefers more on enjoyments and life style, taking care of children and bring them up in the world of high cost of living and so competitive is killing.

I told my children, go to Popular first, see whether you can cope with the work, your children can cope with the work before u decide you want children or not. For me, playing with my grandchildren is fine but not taking care of them.

The assessment books are now 3 times the thickness as compared to 15 years ago. Primary one standard is as good as my Primary 6 standard at my time or even more difficult.

leesg123
23-01-13, 12:16

I told my children, go to Popular first, see whether you can cope with the work, your children can cope with the work before u decide you want children or not. For me, playing with my grandchildren is fine but not taking care of them.

The assessment books are now 3 times the thickness as compared to 15 years ago. Primary one standard is as good as my Primary 6 standard at my time or even more difficult.But why want to force the kids to study? See, it is up to the parents in giving them the best childhood play they could have. if lose out in study, then lose out lah, whats the big deal?

roly8
23-01-13, 13:08

Gen Y and Gen X prefers more on enjoyments and life style, taking care of children and bring them up in the world of high cost of living and so competitive is killing.

indeed.
this isn't the quality of life you want at the end of day...

:o

bsslang
24-01-13, 07:58

The assessment books are now 3 times the thickness as compared to 15 years ago. Primary one standard is as good as my Primary 6 standard at my time or even more difficult.

I am Gen X and I beg to differ. Myself and most of my surrounding friends does strive a balance between having kids and life style. But expecting the same carefree life style after having children is not realistic.

Even though I have a helper to look after my kids, parents and in-laws still offer to help when I need them for urgent matters and even for a short break with my wife. So grandparents does play an important role in encouraging their children to have their offsprings. You probably see couples with supporting parents or in-laws having more children.

I do agree the latest incentive probably will not help much. Supporting the couple with helping hand like reliable child care and care-givers are more important than giving out cash incentives.

charm
24-01-13, 09:23
Sorry. Have posted in a wrong thread. It meant to be here at this topic. Just some point to share....

Applying HDB used to be so stricts during our time. Married is the first requirement, then follow by 35 years of age but now they welcome all the new SC and allowing them to apply HDB... that's speaks alot about govt wanting rich PRC as SC so badly.

A 29 years old recently converted to SC applied for HDB got approval to buy HDB resale (with grant) together with his mum who is on dependent pass. Mum is funding for the HDB flat. Just bought one at $650k 4 room resale HDB.

if you compare him with a newly wed young Singaporean who waited years for new flats just becoz they're a normal SC who was born in a normal family without rich mum/dad...... ultimately new SC is easily benefited than a true blue Singaporean..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: in Govt collective data, they're making ways to get SINGAPOREAN to own a flat faster! Sad thing is the true Singaporean is still on the Q for new flats!

What I'm trying to say is. It makes no different to be A local born Singaporean and a new SC. In a way we're still lose out to foreigner if we're not rich enough. Is quite worrying for our new generation don't you think so?

At the similiar age, will our kid get to buy HDB with grant already without getting married? :confused: :confused:

hyenergix
24-01-13, 09:27
Sorry. Have posted in a wrong thread. It meant to be here at this topic. Just some point to share....

Applying HDB used to be so stricts during our time. Married is the first requirement, then follow by 35 years of age but now they welcome all the new SC and allowing them to apply HDB... that's speaks alot about govt wanting rich PRC as SC so badly.

A 29 years old recently converted to SC applied for HDB got approval to buy HDB resale (with grant) together with his mum who is on dependent pass. Mum is funding for the HDB flat. Just bought one at $650k 4 room resale HDB.

if you compare him with a newly wed young Singaporean who waited years for new flats just becoz they're a normal SC who was born in a normal family without rich mum/dad...... ultimately new SC is easily benefited than a true blue Singaporean..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: in Govt collective data, they're making ways to get SINGAPOREAN to own a flat faster! Sad thing is the true Singaporean is still on the Q for new flats!

What I'm trying to say is. It makes no different to be A local born Singaporean and a new SC. In a way we're still lose out to foreigner if we're not rich enough. Is quite worrying for our new generation don't you think so?

At the similiar age, will our kid get to buy HDB with grant already without getting married? :confused: :confused:

Singapore is a country for the middle and higher income in next 5 years... That is why so many parents are panicking and buying properties now for their children.

minority
24-01-13, 10:39

u will never be rich enough.. u expect government give hand out to every singaporean a 5 star home? Anyone here want to pay 45% tax?

you are not loosing out to the rich foreginers. u are loosing out the the more resourceful and risk taking singaporean. Thats why people are not happy. coz they feel they lost out. missed the boat. but did they ask themself why?

charm
24-01-13, 12:14
u will never be rich enough.. u expect government give hand out to every singaporean a 5 star home? Anyone here want to pay 45% tax?

you are not loosing out to the rich foreginers. u are loosing out the the more resourceful and risk taking singaporean. Thats why people are not happy. coz they feel they lost out. missed the boat. but did they ask themself why?

Is not about missing the boat or not. I'm just sharing from A parent point of view. :doh: Never hope Govt to do any extra for me la. Those that hope to get something from Gvt already participate in talking points or even wrote to The New Paper to appeal liao..

If one thinks property is the way to go to be rich, be it how many CM... one will just go for it but with different ball game lar.:2cents:

minority
24-01-13, 13:33
Is not about missing the boat or not. I'm just sharing from A parent point of view. :doh: Never hope Govt to do any extra for me la. Those that hope to get something from Gvt already participate in talking points or even wrote to The New Paper to appeal liao..

If one thinks property is the way to go to be rich, be it how many CM... one will just go for it but with different ball game lar.:2cents:

Also speaking from a parent pt of view. I believe let the kid fight it out. If cannot even fight in local scene how to survive in the globalized world?

yes can help them but not give a clutch mentally. We parents are not going to be ard forever to be the clutch for them.

howgozit
24-01-13, 17:37
Not a good example.

New citizen is buying a resale. You cannot compare a "native" citizen waiting for a new flat with a new citizen buying a resale. Of course you have to wait....

If you don't want to wait, just buy a resale like the new citizen. What? .... no money?... that's just too bad. You can't fault a new citizen for having more money.

hyenergix
24-01-13, 17:48
Also speaking from a parent pt of view. I believe let the kid fight it out. If cannot even fight in local scene how to survive in the globalized world?

yes can help them but not give a clutch mentally. We parents are not going to be ard forever to be the clutch for them.

Different era n other forces like huge immigration n pro foreigners policies at work. Starting salary of local grads has lagged way behind inflated prices of goods, cars n houses. More competition from foreigners n bigger population. Unless e children r extremely capable, else no way to compete. No way...

desirenlure
24-01-13, 17:51
In the current market, you may have:

- missed the plane if you do not currently own a property and your main source of family income comes from honest work as a salaried worker
- missed the boat if you live in a HDB, earn your keep through regular work but aspire to move to a low-end landed or a guarded environment either in resale EC or condo
- on the boat and plane if you already own a private property or a decent landed

I hope regulation will change to help those who does honest work to earn their keep to board at least the boat.

hyenergix
24-01-13, 17:56

- missed the plane if you do not currently own a property and your main source of family income comes from honest work as a salaried worker
- missed the boat if you live in a HDB, earn your keep through regular work but aspire to move to a low-end landed or a guarded environment either in resale EC or condo
- on the boat and plane if you already own a private property or a decent landed

I hope regulation will change to help those who does honest work to earn their keep to board at least the boat.

Gate is mostly closed to e ave young couples trying to buy 2nd prop for investment. Global economy is recovering n prices is v likely to move up faster than their pay increment. Even a $20-30k rise is painful to them.

howgozit
24-01-13, 18:06

By the "boat" I suppose you are referring to the private property "boat".

Unfortunately it is not the job of the government to help you get on that "boat" and certainly not any "plane". The regulations are to protect home buyers from over extending themselves and also prevent the financial institutions from being over-exposed.

If it brings down the property prices, it is incidental. The government does not want to crash the market.

howgozit
24-01-13, 18:18
Different era n other forces like huge immigration n pro foreigners policies at work. Starting salary of local grads has lagged way behind inflated prices of goods, cars n houses. More competition from foreigners n bigger population. Unless e children r extremely capable, else no way to compete. No way...

Agree.

In my opinion contrary to what many forummers think, the younger generation is having it tougher than before.

minority
24-01-13, 19:55

Why missed the plane? like Mr balckjack21 say.. ah kong give u chance to buy HDB directly and that is seeding $!.

So I dont feel those who work have missed the plane at all. In fact I fell the plan is forced to land to give them a chance to board. If they still refuse GOD help them. U cant force a Cow to drink if they dont want.

teddybear
24-01-13, 20:50
What? Is there such thing as new citizen and native citizen?
Are we still democratic country or what?
My great great great grandfather already landed in Singapore much earlier than many of you all's great & grandfathers, so I deserve more privilege as the descendent of oldest citizens than you all the descendents of newer citizens?(since I am more "native" than you all!) :p

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh29/singaporenewsalternative/hdbbto_zpscba41663.jpg

howgozit
24-01-13, 21:10
My great great great grandfather already landed in Singapore much earlier than many of you all's great & grandfathers, so I deserve more privilege as the descendent of oldest citizens than you all the descendents of newer citizens?(since I am more "native" than you all!) :p

Well said!

hyenergix
24-01-13, 21:12

Teddy - do you serve NS?

leesg123
24-01-13, 21:45
How can you compare new sc buying resale vs sc buying flat new from gov?! Is like comparing a packet of rice in supermarket vs the seedlings in the rice farm.

teddybear
24-01-13, 23:17
Why? Does it matter? :D

Teddy - do you serve NS?

hyenergix
25-01-13, 06:33
Why? Does it matter? :D

Do u think e new male citizens serve NS n ICT? I tot u have missed this sore point. These new citizens juz parachute in without e burden of natural citizens.

Shanhz
25-01-13, 07:39
Do u think e new male citizens serve NS n ICT? I tot u have missed this sore point. These new citizens juz parachute in without e burden of natural citizens.

If the kids of the new citizen serve NS, does it make any difference then? honest question. i am also against the parachuters.

eng81157
25-01-13, 07:50
How can you compare new sc buying resale vs sc buying flat new from gov?! Is like comparing a packet of rice in supermarket vs the seedlings in the rice farm.

new SCs, if they come with kids below 16 years old, get priority to new BTO flats (30% of entire BTO stock set aside for such applicants). that's the gripe.

howgozit
25-01-13, 08:56

Unfortunately new citizens do not have the privilege to serve our country like I did till 50years old and on a voluntary basis beyond.

Do I begrudge the parachuting new citizens?.... not at all. Their male offsprings will have the honour to serve the country.

Btw, should I also begrudge families with only daughters and no sons?

eng81157
25-01-13, 09:30
Unfortunately new citizens do not have the privilege to serve our country like I did till 50years old and on a voluntary basis beyond.

Do I begrudge the parachuting new citizens?.... not at all. Their male offsprings will have the honour to serve the country.

Btw, should I also begrudge families with only daughters and no sons?

their offsprings serve the country, only if they are born here. i've had friends and heard of sooooo many similar cases, where they just pack up and leave, before the kid has to serve NS. never gave up their home country citizenship and passport in the first place.

roly8
25-01-13, 09:34
their offsprings serve the country, only if they are born here. i've had friends and heard of sooooo many similar cases, where they just pack up and leave, before the kid has to serve NS. never gave up their home country citizenship and passport in the first place.

these friends are singapore citizen or PR?

really got such cases?? :scared-4:

eng81157
25-01-13, 09:37

some PR, some citizen.

roly8
25-01-13, 13:27
some PR, some citizen.

They convert PR to citizen and finally give it up?

Shanhz
25-01-13, 13:29

nothing new, and not happening only now. last time also got. my JC class last time got 2 guys give up PR after JC2. immediately go uni and graduate 2 yrs earlier. $2,000*30 is our opportunity cost. maybe more. enuff to down a PC in those days. but i reckon they pay more in fees also lah.

eng81157
25-01-13, 13:30
They convert PR to citizen and finally give it up?

yup, since they never gave up their original citizenship in the first place

charm
25-01-13, 15:21

Foreigner venture in.... Singaporean venture out....

teddybear
25-01-13, 23:04
Oh I see, but during my time, as true bluer native citizen of Singapore, we have no NS at that time.

NS was subsequently enacted for the newer citizens like for you (and may be your father if they are young enough).... :p

Teddy - do you serve NS?

Why? Does it matter?