PDA

View Full Version : Singapore population growth to help property, transport: DBS

timmy
19-01-13, 06:50
Singapore population growth to help property, transport: DBS
Source: Dow Jones & Co, Inc | Publish date: Fri, 18 Jan 17:24 | >> Read article in News website

Singapore’s likely population growth trajectory could benefit the city-state’s property developers, construction, transportation and healthcare firms, says DBS.

The house expects the government to use a 7 million population-planning parameter in the upcoming population white paper, up from 6.5 million, and projects the city-state’s 5.3 million population to reach 7 million by 2030, implying average growth of 1.5% per year.

In this scenario, DBS prefers ComfortDelGro (C52.SG) over SMRT Corp. (S53.SG) among transport operators, citing the former’s stable growth profile and geographical exposure.

It also likes construction-resource providers Tat Hong (T03.SG), Pan-United (P52.SG) and Sin Heng (KF4.SG) over pure contractors.

Among developers, the house favors Wing Tai (W05.SG) for its Singapore exposure, CapitaLand (C31.SG) for its diversity and China exposure, and Mapletree Commercial Trust (N2IU.SG).

Meanwhile DBS also backs stem-cord blood bank Cordlife Group (P8A.SG) as a healthcare play.

kane
19-01-13, 09:27
That's like stating the obvious. Something that we have already been seeing in the last 5 years.

phantom_opera
19-01-13, 09:33
since when the population target becomes 7m? I thought only 6m?

now cannot grow productivity back to brute force approach again???

expanding GDP by importing baby boomers (instead of productivity gain) is highly inflationary

hold to your properties tight tight, buy on dip, buy on discount, buy buy buy :rolleyes:

kane
19-01-13, 10:50
Maybe the report spurred fence sitters to head down to qbay.

cornycow
19-01-13, 15:08
根本是在讲废话!:doh:

RCT
20-01-13, 10:46
Maybe the report spurred fence sitters to head down to qbay.

And maybe vote to WP too...

U must understand the bankers is doing what they can to keep property hot the income from housing loan is impt to them... At least the present house owner owning bank money are paying their multi-million salary... DBS is trying redemn what they say after CM7

DC33_2008
20-01-13, 10:53
Institutions were asked to look at 7million infrastructure planning two years old by the relevant authorities. It will come and the only question is the rate of increase. Researching into the viability of underground city is underway in Singapore. :rolleyes:
And maybe vote to WP too...

U must understand the bankers is doing what they can to keep property hot the income from housing loan is impt to them... At least the present house owner owning bank money are paying their multi-million salary... DBS is trying redemn what they say after CM7

kane
20-01-13, 11:03
It is a depressing thing to be living underground. Shopping underground is fine.

DC33_2008
20-01-13, 11:36
Yup, It is possible with shopping centres, childcare centres, offices and other amenities below ground. Dual or triple transport tier system in new estate to free up useable land on the ground.
It is a depressing thing to be living underground. Shopping underground is fine.

DC33_2008
20-01-13, 11:38
Ministers' performance is pegged to GDP growth. Man in white will do whatever it takes to grow the economy. How? Population is one to support the job market. :rolleyes:
Singapore population growth to help property, transport: DBS
Source: Dow Jones & Co, Inc | Publish date: Fri, 18 Jan 17:24 | >> Read article in News website

Singapore’s likely population growth trajectory could benefit the city-state’s property developers, construction, transportation and healthcare firms, says DBS.

The house expects the government to use a 7 million population-planning parameter in the upcoming population white paper, up from 6.5 million, and projects the city-state’s 5.3 million population to reach 7 million by 2030, implying average growth of 1.5% per year.

In this scenario, DBS prefers ComfortDelGro (C52.SG) over SMRT Corp. (S53.SG) among transport operators, citing the former’s stable growth profile and geographical exposure.

It also likes construction-resource providers Tat Hong (T03.SG), Pan-United (P52.SG) and Sin Heng (KF4.SG) over pure contractors.

Among developers, the house favors Wing Tai (W05.SG) for its Singapore exposure, CapitaLand (C31.SG) for its diversity and China exposure, and Mapletree Commercial Trust (N2IU.SG).

Meanwhile DBS also backs stem-cord blood bank Cordlife Group (P8A.SG) as a healthcare play.

kane
20-01-13, 12:08
Yup, It is possible with shopping centres, childcare centres, offices and other amenities below ground. Dual or triple transport tier system in new estate to free up useable land on the ground.

Childcare underground not so good. Kids should grow up in places where there is sunlight.

buttercarp
20-01-13, 12:27
Childcare underground not so good. Kids should grow up in places where there is sunlight.

This is so true.
I have visited some underground childcare centres and there is usually a musky smell inside... perhaps the ventilation is not so good.

Yes you are right.
Underground living is for moles!

kane
20-01-13, 17:49
Underground childcare centres? Are they using bomb shelters for that?

buttercarp
20-01-13, 20:07
Underground childcare centres? Are they using bomb shelters for that?

Yes.
In the day is child care centre.
At night, it becomes a tuition centre.

zeamybro
20-01-13, 20:24
Yes.

I used to work at a building with B2 and B3 level offices. I really din like the feeling whenever I visit my colleagues working at the basement levels.

kane
20-01-13, 21:38
Yes.

I would never send my kids to such a childcare centre.

DC33_2008
20-01-13, 21:59
It is possible to bring daylight into basement. Did you see the NLB hq at Victoria street? Alternatively, there are technologies such as light pipe, mirror duct, etc, that can be used too.

DC33_2008
20-01-13, 22:01
You must pay a visit to offices in Japan. They can simulate a nice warm climate with daylight in a deep basement office. They are so advanced in technology in difficult soil condition in the earthquake belt.
I used to work at a building with B2 and B3 level offices. I really din like the feeling whenever I visit my colleagues working at the basement levels.

zeamybro
20-01-13, 22:03
You must pay a visit to offices in Japan. They can simulate a nice warm climate with daylight in a deep basement office. They are so advanced in technology in difficult soil condition in the earthquake belt.

Wow, that's impressive. Thanks for sharing :cheers6:

DC33_2008
20-01-13, 22:06
Watch out for fort canning area in future.
Wow, that's impressive. Thanks for sharing :cheers6: