PDA

View Full Version : Soleil

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

devilplate
25-04-11, 11:08
Cairnhill area property prices so expensive (definitely more expensive than Mount Sophia area)! May be nearer to the Hospitals got premimum? :p
Next to Mt Eliz the prices of Richmond Park despite being a much older condo and ah peh look is more expensive than Cairnhill Crest (further from Mt Eliz). :D

toking about residential feel leh....y prices comes into picture?

SG still a asian country afterall....many families still pantang about facing or live next to hospital....near to hospital can be a plus point but not next to it lor....:p

btw, there is also a status diff between TTS and mount E:p

teddybear
25-04-11, 11:09
Every time a tenant left, have to clean up and touch up the property for next tenant. Extra costs incurred because many of these can be attributed to wear-and-tear which can't be charged to tenant. :doh:
Extra effort handling the agents for such short lease. What for? Premium properties should not be leased out like for chicken coop :cheers1:

wat effort u r toking about?

6mth lease==>1/4mth agt's comm(make sure u receive 1mth deposit....if not reject it)

after 6mths....majority of the units rented out oredi....tenants lesser choice===>higher rent.....supply vs demand:p

teddybear
25-04-11, 11:12
I thought you are saying near hospitals are always bad? :cheers1:
All the Cairnhill area so near hospitals yet so expensive! Ritz Carlton, the 2nd or 3rd most expensive property price set in Singapore, is near the hospital! :p

toking about residential feel leh....y prices comes into picture?

SG still a asian country afterall....many families still pantang about facing or live next to hospital....near to hospital can be a plus point but not next to it lor....:p

devilplate
25-04-11, 11:14
I thought you are saying near hospitals are always bad? :cheers1:
All the Cairnhill area so near hospitals yet so expensive! Ritz Carlton, the 2nd or 3rd most expensive property price set in Singapore, is near the hospital! :p

when did i say near hospital no gd??:doh:

i said soleil surrounded by hospitals....so how can hf residential feel.....

devilplate
25-04-11, 11:16
Every time a tenant left, have to clean up and touch up the property for next tenant. Extra costs incurred because many of these can be attributed to wear-and-tear which can't be charged to tenant. :doh:
Extra effort handling the agents for such short lease. What for? Premium properties should not be leased out like for chicken coop :cheers1:

cleaning up all tat will be deducted from the deposit la....jus state it clearly in the contract....as for wear and tear...if so scared...den dun rent it out la...:tongue3:

as for extra effort handling agts....??? agts do all the legwork for u....u just nid to arrange a time wif time to sign the TA....like dat troublesome meh? ok la....u UHNWI.....different from us:doh:

u wana accept 6mths first or leave it vacant for 3-6mths?? the choice is clear....if u got holding power....tinking rental is peanut...den different story

thomastansb
25-04-11, 11:30
Near hospital means:-

1) Add more people who like staying near/beside hospital
2) Minus people who dislike/bantang near or facing hospital

If 2 > 1, then you have lesser pool of buyers. Of course, more potential buyers = higher price

when did i say near hospital no gd??:doh:

i said soleil surrounded by hospitals....so how can hf residential feel.....

devilplate
25-04-11, 11:35
Near hospital means:-

1) Add more people who like staying near/beside hospital
2) Minus people who dislike/bantang near or facing hospital

If 2 > 1, then you have lesser pool of buyers. Of course, more potential buyers = higher price

so far, subsale has been slow...hopefully can pick up more steam soon:D

one more thing...i tink soleil is the only 99LH in tat area rite? actually i aso duno y i bot it last time....LOL.....no view at all....99LH....HAHA:o

thomastansb
25-04-11, 13:29
You are rich :)

When did you buy? Anyway, prices have gained so much during the last 2 years so I guess you will be fine. Yield like 7-8% at least?

so far, subsale has been slow...hopefully can pick up more steam soon:D

one more thing...i tink soleil is the only 99LH in tat area rite? actually i aso duno y i bot it last time....LOL.....no view at all....99LH....HAHA:o

devilplate
25-04-11, 13:59
You are rich :)

When did you buy? Anyway, prices have gained so much during the last 2 years so I guess you will be fine. Yield like 7-8% at least?
I bot subsale.... Seller lelong for more den a mth.... Cant find better firesale so i take tis.... Not my first choice definitely....hehe

As for px appreciation, still lag far behind clift

thomastansb
25-04-11, 14:03
Rental strong for the next 2-3 years so just collect rental first lor. With such low interest rate, I think easily 70-80k nett rental gain in 3 years.

I heard Clift highest rental in Singapore. >$8 psf. :D:D

I bot subsale.... Seller lelong for more den a mth.... Cant find better firesale so i take tis.... Not my first choice definitely....hehe

As for px appreciation, still lag far behind clift

devilplate
25-04-11, 14:08
Rental strong for the next 2-3 years so just collect rental first lor. With such low interest rate, I think easily 70-80k nett rental gain in 3 years.

Not so high....7-7.5psf more likely;)

DC33_2008
25-04-11, 14:16
We should not view $psf rental in isolation. It should correspond with the condo purhase price (pp) in $psf or actual pp. Subsale unit may not be so lucrative given higher entry level.

amk
25-04-11, 14:21
...As for px appreciation, still lag far behind clift
my old neighbour bought at close to 1800psf :scared-5: tell me abt "appreciation". :(

many firesale of this during 2009, only LH in Novena, every one tried to dump. devil must have gotten a super deal

fragglerock
25-04-11, 17:44
Guys, I am buyer keen on a 2 bedder unit that is not directly facing TTS or getting any direct east/west sun. Serious sellers pls contact me thru sms at 91056110 and indicate your asking. Low/Mid floor acceptable.

BTW, anyone can advise on the brands of the equipment that is included in this project?

Cheers`
Ben

flxcat
25-04-11, 22:38
Just sharing with potential buyers.

For those interested in 2bedder, my take is in order to scale above Velocity office block and Hotel Oasis, min 30flr and above, and will have a unblock view all the way to bt timah hill from a far distance :)

Studio unit mainly the view is much inferior with pocket view between buildings.

My :2cents: and do bear with the low quality pic

devilplate
25-04-11, 22:42
low flr pool facing will be the most sought after....

flxcat
25-04-11, 22:47
low flr pool facing will be the most sought after....

Well said. Totally agreed as the high floor units though have unblock view, but the quantum is very much higher :ashamed1:

So potential buyers, your choice, your preference and your $$ :spliff: cheers!

fragglerock
26-04-11, 01:18
Thanx flxcat and devilp for sharing. To the few who SMS me,I will revert sn.

Cheers'

trump7
26-04-11, 02:12
Just sharing with potential buyers.

For those interested in 2bedder, my take is in order to scale above Velocity office block and Hotel Oasis, min 30flr and above, and will have a unblock view all the way to bt timah hill from a far distance :)

Studio unit mainly the view is much inferior with pocket view between buildings.

My :2cents: and do bear with the low quality pic

May I know on which level did you take this picture?

Because building height you`ve seen in front can be different by the height you are and actually there is a bit of distance between Soleil and Velocity office or Hotel Oasia.

So if I am not wrong, cannot say only 30flr above can have unblock view.
Exact blocking may be able to confirm after TOP.:spliff:

flxcat
26-04-11, 10:05
May I know on which level did you take this picture?

Because building height you`ve seen in front can be different by the height you are and actually there is a bit of distance between Soleil and Velocity office or Hotel Oasia.

So if I am not wrong, cannot say only 30flr above can have unblock view.
Exact blocking may be able to confirm after TOP.:spliff:

Hi trump7
The pic was taken at 30flr of HDB flat near to farrer park mrt.
Indeed you correctly pointed out, I am aware of the distortion due to the level the pic is taken hence try to take at similar level ht at building where is accessible.

Will be great if any bro or Sis can share better pic taken from their unit in nearby apt or offices and will be better gauge. Cheers!

ginseng1
26-04-11, 14:13
Guys, I am buyer keen on a 2 bedder unit that is not directly facing TTS or getting any direct east/west sun. Serious sellers pls contact me thru sms at 91056110 and indicate your asking. Low/Mid floor acceptable.

BTW, anyone can advise on the brands of the equipment that is included in this project?

Cheers`
Ben

Either its facing TTSH with not much unblocked view or not facing TTSH but lots of blocked view.

trump7
26-04-11, 14:17
Hi trump7
The pic was taken at 30flr of HDB flat near to farrer park mrt.
Indeed you correctly pointed out, I am aware of the distortion due to the level the pic is taken hence try to take at similar level ht at building where is accessible.

Will be great if any bro or Sis can share better pic taken from their unit in nearby apt or offices and will be better gauge. Cheers!

Oh I see. Thanks for your input.:)

ginseng1
26-04-11, 21:25
I hope that 4 br units get keys first. Can't wait to check it out. Studio and 2 BR issue last. Hee!

azeoprop
07-05-11, 15:46
7th May 2011. :)

ginseng1
09-05-11, 00:22
7th May 2011. :)

Both pics are taken from outside TCC?

I went to the 5th floor car park. Good view.

flxcat
09-05-11, 01:15
Both pics are taken from outside TCC?

I went to the 5th floor car park. Good view.

Hi ginseng1,

I believe you mean level 6A of velocity rite, where there is an extension of the carpark :)

Just an observation, the open air fitness area next to the tennis court, in my opinion FCH did not really do a good job. Do you forsee you would like to exercise and breath in warm air from carpark and the many aircon compressor from both Oasis hotel and velocity. Might be better leaving it as grass patch, or better still build a shelter (if not exceeding the GFA) and have a drink/snatch vending machine for refreshment after a good tennis game. :2cents:

ginseng1
09-05-11, 19:36
Oh, didn't take note of that as I was only keen on the tennis court and looking out for the placement of the side gate that leads to the shopping centre.

I am surprised that the sidegate was facing TTSH of all places.

Not sure of the car park level but it was the extension as correctly mentioned.

ginseng1
09-05-11, 19:37
To my neighbours living near the tennis courts, please be forgiving as I play like Djokovic but not monica seles

bargain hunter
10-05-11, 02:15
can invite me to play? i used to play like federer but now old already. LOL. :) :ashamed1:

To my neighbours living near the tennis courts, please be forgiving as I play like Djokovic but not monica seles

Teana
17-06-11, 22:51
Record $1,980 psf developer sales in May.

ginseng1
21-06-11, 00:41

Which project?

trump7
24-06-11, 11:19
Is there anybody getting the TOP notice already?:spliff:

ginseng1
25-06-11, 23:39
Not yet. Mine's stack 5.

By the way, I keep receiving agent calls. Some are polite while some are downright rude despite me telling them I'm living there and not selling.

I just found out from 1 agent that they got my number from the developer's law firm, Harry Elias. Checked with my lawyer and was told there's not much that I can do as there's no law protecting consumers. HE only has to protect it's client, FCP but not us the buyers as we are not HE's clients. My lawyer suggested that I lodged a complaint with The Law Society.

kingkong1984
26-06-11, 05:34
Not yet. Mine's stack 5.

By the way, I keep receiving agent calls. Some are polite while some are downright rude despite me telling them I'm living there and not selling.

I just found out from 1 agent that they got my number from the developer's law firm, Harry Elias. Checked with my lawyer and was told there's not much that I can do as there's no law protecting consumers. HE only has to protect it's client, FCP but not us the buyers as we are not HE's clients. My lawyer suggested that I lodged a complaint with The Law Society.

Many possibilities on how they get your details.

1. When u walk in and register, u have your details there.

2. When u fill up a contact card to be on their mailing list.

3. When u obtain an option (all details are there)

4. When they do a caveat listing (for name) and then use other ways to obtain your number (lucky draw details entered elsewhere will be matched)

5. Their internal customer data base

6. Their agents passing your contacts around, source unindentified but owner is identified.

7. Law firms clerks, secretaries and lawyers.

So u can see... many ways... very unlikely it is from lawyers and law firms. You may have been smoked by them on that.

U want to complaint.. useless as trivial matter. No need to go to law society. Go to Council of Estate Agents (CEA).

You can also do the reverse to bad agents. Take down their name and number and give them to telemarketing firms... they will get it and duno how it hit them. Especially those selling time share memberships. They survey u on orchard road etc.

Some agents call and try their luck with ridiculous offers that only originated from the agent. U can also entertain them as no $xxxK no call.

:D

sleek
26-06-11, 23:57
http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/Library/images/constructionprogress/FCH_construction_soleil_12.jpg

Progress On Site For Soleil @ Sinaran As Of End May 2011 (http://www.fraserscentrepointhomes.com/contentview.aspx?article_id=12)
S/N Items Progress Status
1 Foundation Work Completed
2 Reinforced Concrete Framework Completed
3 Brick Walls Completed
4 Ceilings Completed
5 Door and Window Frames Completed
6 Car Parks, Roads and Drains Completed
7 TOP issued Nil

fiat500
27-06-11, 00:06
Not yet. Mine's stack 5.

dont get so worked up over all these!
just tell them your price is 3000psf
i m sure they will not bother u again!:cheers6: :cheers6:

look at the bright side,

sometimes we also need all these agents to help promote the place..:2cents:

devilplate
27-06-11, 00:10
dont get so worked up over all these!
just tell them your price is 3000psf
i m sure they will not bother u again!:cheers6: :cheers6:

look at the bright side,

sometimes we also need all these agents to help promote the place..:2cents:
No use quoting 3k psf la....many agts bot the owner numbers lor...u jus goto b patient n entertain all ther calls one by one....expect to receive calls until 3mths after TOP

Jus make a super quick reply by saying no rent no sell n bye...hang up...hehe

ginseng1
27-06-11, 08:31
Many possibilities on how they get your details.

1. When u walk in and register, u have your details there.

2. When u fill up a contact card to be on their mailing list.

3. When u obtain an option (all details are there)

4. When they do a caveat listing (for name) and then use other ways to obtain your number (lucky draw details entered elsewhere will be matched)

5. Their internal customer data base

6. Their agents passing your contacts around, source unindentified but owner is identified.

7. Law firms clerks, secretaries and lawyers.

So u can see... many ways... very unlikely it is from lawyers and law firms. You may have been smoked by them on that.

U want to complaint.. useless as trivial matter. No need to go to law society. Go to Council of Estate Agents (CEA).

You can also do the reverse to bad agents. Take down their name and number and give them to telemarketing firms... they will get it and duno how it hit them. Especially those selling time share memberships. They survey u on orchard road etc.

Some agents call and try their luck with ridiculous offers that only originated from the agent. U can also entertain them as no $xxxK no call.

Whatever that I do, I always use my second mobile number. Only for big matters like purchasing of the flat, I will then use my main mobile number. These agents are calling my wife and me on our mobile numbers and our house number. My wife never takes part in lucky draw. I was told that these agents pay $3 per name from these law firms. Putting myself in their shoes, I would definitely want to maximise my returns and not just let it go.

All these agents come in with their professed knowledge which we do not need. Why is our government creating these middleman jobs. The lack of manpower should instead result in better use of resources rather than creating such unnecessary jobs.

ginseng1
27-06-11, 08:36
Lots of bogus ads by these agents all over.

I was looking for another property. Responded to postings and I realised that it's either done by agents without any units at all or they simply do not respond.

CEA can only regulate so much. Nice if there is a central database where only postings can be made by sellers.

devilplate
27-06-11, 08:44
Whatever that I do, I always use my second mobile number. Only for big matters like purchasing of the flat, I will then use my main mobile number. These agents are calling my wife and me on our mobile numbers and our house number. My wife never takes part in lucky draw. I was told that these agents pay $3 per name from these law firms. Putting myself in their shoes, I would definitely want to maximise my returns and not just let it go.

All these agents come in with their professed knowledge which we do not need. Why is our government creating these middleman jobs. The lack of manpower should instead result in better use of resources rather than creating such unnecessary jobs.

shdnt allow coy to sell away our data hor....

but den, banks,insurance coy etc etc hf been doing tat....so...jus goto bear wif all these nuisance calls....tats uniquely SINGAPORE:doh:

Teana
29-06-11, 00:54
Record caveat $1,967 psf lodged in June.

flxcat
04-07-11, 16:21
Is there anybody getting the TOP notice already?:spliff:
Yeah am keen to know how good the view is for high floor studio. Any idea if key has been collected. Still like this project but seems like price is moving up with last transaction of $1982psf for studio high floor not sure which facing tho.

hk2313
04-07-11, 16:40
Agent through whom I bought this one told me today top will be July 29

flxcat
04-07-11, 17:46
Agent through whom I bought this one told me today top will be July 29
Thx for the info. If 29jul top believe u should receive notice from ur lawyer very soon.

Yin Yin
04-07-11, 19:59
No use quoting 3k psf la....many agts bot the owner numbers lor...u jus goto b patient n entertain all ther calls one by one....expect to receive calls until 3mths after TOP

Jus make a super quick reply by saying no rent no sell n bye...hang up...hehe

What about a quick reply of SOLD and BYE...hang up...hehe...

ginseng1
21-07-11, 11:23
Any news so far on TOP?

By the way, will there be electricity for us to test out the electrical appliances or do we have to apply thru PS?

For those renting out, how? Need to apply for PS a/c then close the a/c once rented out?

bargain hunter
21-07-11, 12:33
depending on developer giam siap or not, some give u 1 day free electricity, others may give up to a few days or even 1 week!

Any news so far on TOP?

By the way, will there be electricity for us to test out the electrical appliances or do we have to apply thru PS?

For those renting out, how? Need to apply for PS a/c then close the a/c once rented out?

flxcat
21-07-11, 12:40
Thx for the info. If 29jul top believe u should receive notice from ur lawyer very soon.

Hi hk2313

Any news from your lawyer so far? Is 29jul still valid? Thanks

flxcat
21-07-11, 12:42
Any news so far on TOP?

Could it be too close to 7mth so developer avoid delivering keys for superstitious reason? Just a wild guess

hk2313
21-07-11, 12:52
Havent heard anything further, but am out until end of August anyway, do doesnt matter to me, also , still looking to sell the unit :)

My agent took some pics though, looks pretty good IMHO

mygeemeel
21-07-11, 14:27
For discussion purpose, why would potential buyer pay above S$1,600psf here when they have many other choices nearby and even possibly FH status?

Rysk
21-07-11, 14:54
Havent heard anything further, but am out until end of August anyway, do doesnt matter to me, also , still looking to sell the unit :)

My agent took some pics though, looks pretty good IMHO

So forumer here got discount? :D
Can provide me details like size, unit, price, etc?

hk2313
21-07-11, 16:01
facility pics

hk2313
21-07-11, 16:23
unit pics, lower floor , stack 7

ginseng1
21-07-11, 18:19
Thanks for the pictures.

Nice.

ginseng1
21-07-11, 18:23

#08-07

I am now at the hotel pool. Nice ambience.

Doubt privacy is a concern.

flxcat
21-07-11, 19:48
Thanks for sharing. The distance between your unit to oasia is ok based on pics.

Hope you can get a good price. Cheers!

jezz
22-07-11, 09:00
#08-07

I am now at the hotel pool. Nice ambience.

Doubt privacy is a concern.

Beautiful photos n looks vet clean quality finishing. Hope your unit is not facing hospital.

Rysk
22-07-11, 09:57
Thanks for sharing.. photos was nicely taken & is clear enough without the need to go to the actual unit to view..
But I would prefer a very high flr unit with unblocked view toward MBS

Wish you gd luck for your sales..

hk2313
22-07-11, 10:33
higher floor units with unblocked view around 1800 psf I think for studio and also 2 bedder not much cheaper.....lower floors around 1560 - 1620

flxcat
22-07-11, 10:51
higher floor units with unblocked view around 1800 psf I think for studio and also 2 bedder not much cheaper.....lower floors around 1560 - 1620

Agreed. Was quoted a asking price of $2.xk for above #31 floor 1bedder of 581sf unit.
Worst still somewhat unit 13 cost more then #02 as seller reason is city view. Sigh

isaaclim
26-07-11, 00:19
Anyone gotten their key?

ginseng1
26-07-11, 08:40
29 July TOP.

Law firm will call you. Need another 14 days for those who take loan as need to disburse your money by your bank to FCP's bank.

Finishing doesn't look that class.

Penthouse size really shiok and is my ideal size of a home.

check out soleil.com.sg for more pictures

hk2313
27-07-11, 22:58
seems sold mine now......

ginseng1
28-07-11, 00:12
Congrats on your sale.

I'm looking forward to moving in. Next Sunday is Hungry Ghost. Dunno whether when can collect keys.

fiat500
28-07-11, 02:05
to the soleil owners,congrats on the coming t.o.p
may i ask if the 1 bedder (495,506,581sq ft) in soleil comes with a proper bedroom or is it the open concept kind?
from the floor plans,i dont see a proper segregation of the bedroom n living room.
for me personally,i would prefer to have a proper bedroom,not the hotel room open concept type.
can anyone enlighten?:cheers6:

Rysk
28-07-11, 12:09
to the soleil owners,congrats on the coming t.o.p
may i ask if the 1 bedder (495,506,581sq ft) in soleil comes with a proper bedroom or is it the open concept kind?
from the floor plans,i dont see a proper segregation of the bedroom n living room.
for me personally,i would prefer to have a proper bedroom,not the hotel room open concept type.
can anyone enlighten?:cheers6:

Think is open concept.. but shouldn't be a problem, you can construct a partition wall with door to separate the living & bedroom

mygeemeel
28-07-11, 12:48
How about using curtains? Hehe

Rysk
28-07-11, 14:11
How about using curtains? Hehe

It will be quite ugly.. another alternative is do full glass panel with glass door but think will be more expensive than partition wall with wooden door.

fiat500
28-07-11, 14:38
It will be quite ugly.. another alternative is do full glass panel with glass door but think will be more expensive than partition wall with wooden door.
u see,thats the thing! its so troublesome.
u have to spend extra $$$ to build partition,doors or glass panel to have a proper bedroom.
if u dont construct a bedroom,leaving the bed exposed is also not very ideal if u have visitors.:tsk-tsk:
those older 1 bedders like citylights,icon,southbank etc.. all come with proper bedroom.:cheers6:

august
28-07-11, 14:43
strictly speaking these are call studios, in the not so distant past 1-bedroom means there is an actual enclosed bedroom with wall.

but nowadays things have become very loose and haphazard, almost unethical even. studio is called 1br, 1+1 becomes 2br, and so on. :tongue3:

Jonathan0503
28-07-11, 18:52
Thought most of the studio or 1 bedder still comes with a sliding door to the room and not totally open concept right?

ginseng1
02-08-11, 19:53
Dropby Soleil today but guard say haven't TOP hence no entry.

He sounded irritated. Most likely lots of people have been enquiring.

Now seventh month. Any idea whether developer will issue keys during this period?

Still receiving letters and calls from agents. Most are polite with the exception of some agents. Irritating especially when they call my home number. Don't ever use Harry Elias service lest your personal information is leaked out. Legally, they are not bounded as only FCP is their client and not us the buyers. I'm aghast that the HE lawyers took advantage of this and sold it for $3 per name. No ethics.

fiat500
02-08-11, 21:24
Thought most of the studio or 1 bedder still comes with a sliding door to the room and not totally open concept right?
studio in soleil no sliding door..its totally open concept.:cheers6:

flxcat
02-08-11, 23:38
Dropby Soleil today but guard say haven't TOP hence no entry.

He sounded irritated. Most likely lots of people have been enquiring.

Now seventh month. Any idea whether developer will issue keys during this period?

Still receiving letters and calls from agents. Most are polite with the exception of some agents. Irritating especially when they call my home number. Don't ever use Harry Elias service lest your personal information is leaked out. Legally, they are not bounded as only FCP is their client and not us the buyers. I'm aghast that the HE lawyers took advantage of this and sold it for $3 per name. No ethics.

What to do, HE is the legal party for FCP for Soleil, all buyers even you engage another law firm, buyer information still will be reveal to HE. Especially with the new ruling, law firm float from the purchase deposit is gone, so must find other ways to make money :D

ginseng1
10-08-11, 13:17
TOP obtained as advertised in Straits Times today.
11 loft units, 2 4-rm flats and 2 penthouses available.

Grand Court en-bloc for $88.8m and breakeven price is $2000psf. So expect the units to for about $2200psf. Soleil prices will feel the heat. :D SOurce from my iPhone Property Guru App. So sorry, I'm thus unable to paste the link.

mygeemeel
10-08-11, 13:54

Grand Court en-bloc for $88.8m and breakeven price is $2000psf. So expect the units to for about $2200psf. Soleil prices will feel the heat. :D SOurce from my iPhone Property Guru App. So sorry, I'm thus unable to paste the link.

S$2200psf? Are you sure boh?? Market not very rosy lei.

ginseng1
10-08-11, 14:46
S$2200psf? Are you sure boh?? Market not very rosy lei.

Unless developer hold on else who will sell at a loss when the breakeven is $2000psf.

I also feel that it's on the high side.

Market to you may not be rosy but it could be to some people who need to park their funds for whatever reasons known to them.

ginseng1
10-08-11, 14:49
Just received a call from an agent that someone offered me $1400 psf for my 4 rm flat at Soleil.

This buyer has the audacity to offer such a low price. Want to live in District 11 but cannot afford and try to be! Cheapo :tongue3: .

land118
10-08-11, 15:44

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...145045/1/.html

"Savills said the breakeven cost is estimated between S$1,900 and S$2,000 psf."

fiat500
10-08-11, 15:54
Unless developer hold on else who will sell at a loss when the breakeven is $2000psf.

I also feel that it's on the high side.

Market to you may not be rosy but it could be to some people who need to park their funds for whatever reasons known to them.
parked their funds also dont park in soleil cos its overvalued n located just beside a hospital even though its near mrt..feng shui not so good.
@ 2000+ psf,would rather buy those along newton imo..:cheers6:

hk2313
10-08-11, 16:52
Given the markets over the last few days and the outlook, I am quite happy to have sold mine at what I think was a good price......

fiat500
10-08-11, 17:37

dont forget,developers also make blunders!
its certain they have overpaid for the grand court en-bloc.
the owners of grand court must be :D :D :D now...
soleil t.o.p at the wrong timing :cheers6:

Geylang OKT
10-08-11, 17:40
just becos the developers overpay for the land doesn't mean that potential buyers should overpay too :D

ginseng1
10-08-11, 20:30
dont forget,developers also make blunders!
its certain they have overpaid for the grand court en-bloc.
the owners of grand court must be :D :D :D now...

They paid about $13xx psf. Not very high in my opinion when one factor in that surrounding projects cost from $1500 psf on average.

It's a fair deal for both parties. If I were the owner, I would rather stay put other than the building being old. I remember back then, the land surrounding grand court was empty and very dark. TTSH was still in zinc roof.

Paragon was bought for $1b back then and people said that it was overpriced. It was sold for $2b and people now say 'wah'. Good deal.

ginseng1
10-08-11, 20:32
Given the markets over the last few days and the outlook, I am quite happy to have sold mine at what I think was a good price......

Good for you. I have only 1 unit and am living in my 4 br. Sad to loose a potantial good neighbour like you :).

Surprise that not many transactions near TOP. Those who cannot afford to pay should have sold by now.

ginseng1
10-08-11, 20:36

Yup, during 7 month. How to do reno.

Owners can now collect keys at function room.

Those who have paid in cash will be the first to collect as those taking loans will have to wait 2 weeks for your bank to disburse the next loan portion to HE.

Parking barrier is controlled by guards. These Westminsters guards very on the ball at the moment. Keep it up.

fiat500
10-08-11, 22:04
Yup, during 7 month. How to do reno.

Owners can now collect keys at function room.

Those who have paid in cash will be the first to collect as those taking loans will have to wait 2 weeks for your bank to disburse the next loan portion to HE.

Parking barrier is controlled by guards. These Westminsters guards very on the ball at the moment. Keep it up.
no,it has got nothing to do with 7 month or reno..
stock mkt in turmoil worldwide,bad sentiments now..prospective buyers waiting to view soleil will be frightened off by the bad mkt condition now..:cheers6:

ginseng1
11-08-11, 15:38
no,it has got nothing to do with 7 month or reno..
stock mkt in turmoil worldwide,bad sentiments now..prospective buyers waiting to view soleil will be frightened off by the bad mkt condition now..:cheers6:

I hope so too that this will hit the investors hard big time. It irks me when my new neighbours renovate. So noisy. Lets not deprive genuine home owners the chance to own a unit at their deisred place.

flxcat
16-09-11, 11:37
Any idea if there are more car park lots than units in this project?

As am surprise that some new launch is having less lots than units e.g ATT at Punggol. Thx

ginseng1
16-09-11, 12:45
Any idea if there are more car park lots than units in this project?

As am surprise that some new launch is having less lots than units e.g ATT at Punggol. Thx

Hoot first, talk later.

flxcat
16-09-11, 16:10
Hoot first, talk later.

Anyway for Soleil mainly rental so car park availability should not be a problem. Better still owner can also "sell" car park lot to season parking holder of nearby office staffs. But will somewhat devalue the property and upset other owners hee. Just something came across my mind when reading ATT thread and ATT is the reverse and foresee ugly neighbor fighting over limit lots due to mainly owner stay condo.

Think will not hoot if many owner who rent out the place silently doing that hee

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 16:44
Does it need MC approval to let out carpark lot ot outsiders?
Anyway for Soleil mainly rental so car park availability should not be a problem. Better still owner can also "sell" car park lot to season parking holder of nearby office staffs. But will somewhat devalue the property and upset other owners hee. Just something came across my mind when reading ATT thread and ATT is the reverse and foresee ugly neighbor fighting over limit lots due to mainly owner stay condo.

Think will not hoot if many owner who rent out the place silently doing that hee

flxcat
16-09-11, 17:57
Well proper channel yes and MC.will like disapprove unless like condo is above shopping mall e.g centris at jurying point.

But renting lot to friend is another story:cheers6:

ginseng1
19-09-11, 13:20
I was at Soleil on Sunday and the first level car park lot was almost full.

I also see some people waiting at the side gate for people to open it and they enter.Security is lax and lackadaisical.

ginseng1
19-09-11, 13:22
Soleil parking cannot be issued to other cars as owners need to produce log card or proof of ownership before the IU can be registered.

ginseng1
19-09-11, 13:24
What are the defects that one can report?

My flooring is dull and there are some scratched on my parquet.

Installation of lightings is a challenge as some spots are very narrow.

ginseng1
19-09-11, 13:27
The penthouse marble flooring is so nice as compared to my compressed marble flooring. Crap. 4br also dont give face. Give me cheap marble.

Is Tekka appliance good? Was expecting Dietrich.

ginseng1
19-09-11, 13:29
I was counting the number of houses that are occupied and the number of cars at the car park at night. Quite a number of owners if I factor in that tenants are unlikely to drive.

maisonjai
19-09-11, 13:48
U referring to the wet market or appliances? :D Teka from spain, ok la can replace them if u love to cook.
Got pics to post ur unit's view?

Wild Falcon
19-09-11, 14:55
Most condos will check the log card to ensure the registered address is indeed the condo's address, and the resident's name is same as log card. How to rent out car park lots? Unless the condo is really lax with issuing car park labels to Tom Dick Harry which would be appalling.

DC33_2008
19-09-11, 15:35
A consensus has to be reached in the AGM before carparks can be let out. Otherwise, there will be unhappy owners. :scared-1:
Most condos will check the log card to ensure the registered address is indeed the condo's address, and the resident's name is same as log card. How to rent out car park lots? Unless the condo is really lax with issuing car park labels to Tom Dick Harry which would be appalling.

mygeemeel
19-09-11, 16:38

Log card doesnt have home address.

I am not going to update my IC's address. My parents' address is within good schools. ;)

ginseng1
21-09-11, 14:27
U referring to the wet market or appliances? :D Teka from spain, ok la can replace them if u love to cook.

Ha! My bad... It's Teka.

My furnitures are in, paiseh. Too embarrassed to post my humble lodge.

Wild Falcon
21-09-11, 14:51
Your car very old (> 5 years)? Mine has address on the vehicle registration card (E-logcard). The E-logcard printed from LTA/one motoring website. Some condos are stricter and needs that to validate your address with the e-log card, or else everyone anyhow book lots. I can tell your condo is more laxed with giving lots to outsiders/non-residents but it's not a good practice.

Log card doesnt have home address.

I am not going to update my IC's address. My parents' address is within good schools. ;)

devilplate
21-09-11, 15:08
No nid to change....i like teka brand.....durable:D

ginseng1
23-09-11, 08:36
A lot of defects as expected from China COnstruction.

So many scratches on my parquet. Can it be rectified? sandpaper it and recoat with varnish 3 times?

My friend's 1 Leicester by CC also lots of defects with his floor tiles popping up!!

FCP needs to buck up. I can understand if its a non district 9,10,11 flat, but for a district 11 flat where its directors buying, I expect better standard for the price that I'm paying. I hope there is no double standard for directors' units :mad:

devilplate
23-09-11, 09:05

So many scratches on my parquet. Can it be rectified? sandpaper it and recoat with varnish 3 times?

My friend's 1 Leicester by CC also lots of defects with his floor tiles popping up!!

FCP needs to buck up. I can understand if its a non district 9,10,11 flat, but for a district 11 flat where its directors buying, I expect better standard for the price that I'm paying. I hope there is no double standard for directors' units :mad:

how deep is ur scratches?

can show us some pic:)

gn108
23-09-11, 09:35
Went to see a couple of unit for sale - and one had multiple markers placed on the parquet. Shocking...
I was too lazy to do this and engaged the Agent to handle - wasn't that many markers!

thomastansb
23-09-11, 09:43
Even if it is not district 9,10,11, I think should give good quality homes. You paid high for a private house.

devilplate
23-09-11, 09:43
Went to see a couple of unit for sale - and one had multiple markers placed on the parquet. Shocking...
I was too lazy to do this and engaged the Agent to handle - wasn't that many markers!

developer shdnt even hand over the keys:tsk-tsk:

for clift, feo redo the marble flooring for some units b4 they handover the keys:D

but seriously, i also got abit of minor scratches on my parquets for all the projects tat TOPed.....if minor ones i just closed both eyes now.....little bit of paint marks on the tiles/windows also i closed eyes.....sometimes minor stuff become worse if u ask them to amend:scared-5:

Wild Falcon
23-09-11, 10:12
I agree minor defects (like small scratches) close one eye lah. Some Singaporeans are very ngeow. Especially the timber flooring, hack here hack there, sometimes end up worse - because in this world don't have perfect timber one lah - it's natural after all. Also marble flooring, if just change 1-2 pieces, sometimes it no longer the same. The best part was, these ngeow Singaporeans are the ones with kids, who will immediately scratch the timber floor the moment they enter the house. A house is meant to be used and appreciated, after some time your dogs or kids or even yourself may scratch the flooring etc. Its the experience that counts.

And then paint marks on windows, just use the thinner to remove lor. Why need to make a fuss about changing window? Waste earth scarce resources only.

developer shdnt even hand over the keys:tsk-tsk:

for clift, feo redo the marble flooring for some units b4 they handover the keys:D

but seriously, i also got abit of minor scratches on my parquets for all the projects tat TOPed.....if minor ones i just closed both eyes now.....little bit of paint marks on the tiles/windows also i closed eyes.....sometimes minor stuff become worse if u ask them to amend:scared-5:

land118
23-09-11, 10:27
I agree minor defects (like small scratches) close one eye lah. Some Singaporeans are very ngeow. Especially the timber flooring, hack here hack there, sometimes end up worse - because in this world don't have perfect timber one lah - it's natural after all. Also marble flooring, if just change 1-2 pieces, sometimes it no longer the same. The best part was, these ngeow Singaporeans are the ones with kids, who will immediately scratch the timber floor the moment they enter the house. A house is meant to be used and appreciated, after some time your dogs or kids or even yourself may scratch the flooring etc. Its the experience that counts.

And then paint marks on windows, just use the thinner to remove lor. Why need to make a fuss about changing window? Waste earth scarce resources only. I was told by a reno contractor, parquet layer many years ago who did my place. Parquet tiles have tongue & groove joint, so when they lay 1st time all tiles are joined this way except at the edge to the wall. But once u need to replace some pieces at the centre, they need to cut and the joint area, it won't be tongue&groove joint anymore - which are weaker and more prone to water/moisture entry and tendency of the tiles popping up in later years

dmonddd
25-09-11, 14:49
just was looking at this project .other than it's near hospital new hotel MRT (everyone has MRT nowadays) what's the crowd puller

some wld prefer this for convenient
some would avoid because of hospital

1000 units for sale in property guru
200 units 3 bedders

whole project 400+ units

how many actually up for sale if 2 agents advertised same unit

devilplate
25-09-11, 15:38
just was looking at this project .other than it's near hospital new hotel MRT (everyone has MRT nowadays) what's the crowd puller

200 units 3 bedders

whole project 400+ units

Ask u urself how many agts u ever engaged when selling ur ppty:p

ekl2ekl2
25-09-11, 16:52

200 units 3 bedders

whole project 400+ units

Asking prices range from 1600 to >2000pfs.
Is this expensive or cheap for a LH in Novena.Newton area?
Is there a premium to be right next to MRT?

ginseng1
26-09-11, 14:58
It's all about demand and supply.

Convenience vs residential feel

OCR has risen so much over the past 2 years as compared to CCR. The price difference is so small that I would rather top up a little and get CCR.

E.g.
Potong Pasir MRT - Nim Residence LH going for $1200psf
Redhill MRT - Asentia LH going for $1400psf
Farrer Park MRT - Cityscape FH for $1400psf
Novena MRT - Parc Infinia FH for $1850psf

If you can get Soleil at $1600psf today, it's relatively reasonable as compared to other projects provided one likes living near places of convenience.

ginseng1
26-09-11, 15:02
I forget to add that there are no HDBs nearby which adds to the upper class residence feel.

Don't forget that 85% of locals live in HDBs. So that puts one in the upper class.

ginseng1
26-09-11, 15:03
Will a condo next to Yishun MRT be a crowd puller?

proud owner
26-09-11, 15:48
Will a condo next to Yishun MRT be a crowd puller?

If that condo is name ' Crowd Puller" ... then maybe

thomastansb
26-09-11, 17:14
Some don't like hospitals. It is almost surrounded by hospitals.

OCR has risen so much over the past 2 years as compared to CCR. The price difference is so small that I would rather top up a little and get CCR.

E.g.

If you can get Soleil at $1600psf today, it's relatively reasonable as compared to other projects provided one likes living near places of convenience.

devilplate
26-09-11, 18:11
I forget to add that there are no HDBs nearby which adds to the upper class residence feel.

Don't forget that 85% of locals live in HDBs. So that puts one in the upper class.
No hdbs but got many sick patients ....:sleep:

ekl2ekl2
26-09-11, 18:24

E.g.

In terms of convenience/distance to MRT and novena Sq, Sq2, , Soleil is definitely better than most of the condos in novena/newton.
Maybe a better comparison should be with Amaryllis, also LH, but looks like a cheaper (though older) option. For own stay at Soleil, some might mind the really close proximity to hospitals, but would foreign tenants, who may be less superstitious mind?

devilplate
26-09-11, 18:27
In terms of convenience/distance to MRT and novena Sq, Sq2, , Soleil is definitely better than most of the condos in novena/newton.
Maybe a better comparison should be with Amaryllis, also LH, but looks like a cheaper (though older) option. For own stay at Soleil, some might mind the really close proximity to hospitals, but would foreign tenants, who may be less superstitious mind?
Rental shd b ok....

But for own stay, i wud avoid lor....not tat i am superstitious but its kind of depressing to be surrounded by hospitals rite?

maisonjai
26-09-11, 19:42
Rental shd b ok....

But for own stay, i wud avoid lor....not tat i am superstitious but its kind of depressing to be surrounded by hospitals rite?
Always peee pu peee pu lor...:o

ecimbew
26-09-11, 21:24
Those you have quoted are RCR. You forgot about Centro Residences Ang Mo Kio starting from $1400psf, My Manhattan Simei $1200psf, etc

E.g.

ginseng1
27-09-11, 08:55
No hdbs but got many sick patients ....:sleep:

Agree with you. Some of my friends say that they are not comfortable living next to hospitals, including myself. I am looking at it as an investment where it's easily tenentable and I should be able to recoup this flat for free in 15 years. Easy $$ :D

Perhaps that explains why condos near Mount E, Mount A, Gleneagles etc are not cheap either.

I personally prefer a more residential feel like The Anchorage, Four Seasons which I'm vested in as well.

ginseng1
27-09-11, 09:02
Is it fair that private flat owners cannot purchase HDB flats yet HDB flat owners can purchase private flats?

I'm not trying to burn bridges but am asking that HDB flat owners be barred from purchasing private flats. Somehow these heartlanders cheapen the residential feel.

flxcat
27-09-11, 10:23
Agree with you. Some of my friends say that they are not comfortable living next to hospitals, including myself. I am looking at it as an investment where it's easily tenentable and I should be able to recoup this flat for free in 15 years. Easy $$ :D

Perhaps that explains why condos near Mount E, Mount A, Gleneagles etc are not cheap either.

I personally prefer a more residential feel like The Anchorage, Four Seasons which I'm vested in as well.

Hi ginseng1
Based on your previous post, you should be owning a sizable unit facing south. So will not see the hospital directly :) so the "hospital" feeling should be lessen.
My feel is the place is pretty bustling but cannot say so during epidermic time like SARS.
Went to kapo last weekend kind of find units having city view is nice and the pool gives a posh feeling too.
With conveniences overall still good
Still like high floor studio but out of reach as studio mid floor asking $1.2m. Sigh. Anyway congrats to your new apt gotten TOP.

Rysk
30-09-11, 12:44
Record caveat $1,967 psf lodged in June.

Yet again, another record breaking in September caveat of $2,174psf for a 506sf unit.

devilplate
30-09-11, 13:47
Yet again, another record breaking in September caveat of $2,174psf for a 506sf unit.
Mm rules! Hehehe:spliff:

dmonddd
05-10-11, 07:11
Wifey kept reminding me of prices then during the SARS period..:doh:

devilplate
05-10-11, 08:25
Wifey kept reminding me of prices then during the SARS period..:doh:
Ur wife got vy gd memory:D

land118
05-10-11, 10:18
Wifey kept reminding me of prices then during the SARS period..:doh:Guess u will "siam" Novena area for shopping & dinning ....since it bring back bad memories..& nagging..:D

I_RIDE_DEEP
05-10-11, 12:48
Guess u will "siam" Novena area for shopping & dinning ....since it bring back bad memories..& nagging..:D
Congrats to owners of Soleil. Whenever I pass by Novena I wished I had a unit there.

Sigh....

howgozit
05-10-11, 16:25
Is it fair that private flat owners cannot purchase HDB flats yet HDB flat owners can purchase private flats?

I'm not trying to burn bridges but am asking that HDB flat owners be barred from purchasing private flats. Somehow these heartlanders cheapen the residential feel.

OMG..... :(

ecimbew
05-10-11, 21:33
Ginseng1, are you born with a silver spoon? Why did you say "heartlanders cheapen the (Soliel) residential feel"?

ginseng1
05-10-11, 23:24
Today, I entered the side gate which was opened by the security guard. He asked whether I'm a resident before he realised that I was carrying my groceries from NTUC. Anyway I replied that I'm before he realised that I was probably one of the few residents who bother to wave or say hi to the guards at the guard room.

I'm glad that he's doing his job but can't help wondering if I was a non-local, would I have been asked this question? Really sad that locals somehow get a different kind of treatment. I'm expecting more of such questions as I head to the swimming pool this weekend.

devilplate
06-10-11, 00:57
Today, I entered the side gate which was opened by the security guard. He asked whether I'm a resident before he realised that I was carrying my groceries from NTUC. Anyway I replied that I'm before he realised that I was probably one of the few residents who bother to wave or say hi to the guards at the guard room.

I'm glad that he's doing his job but can't help wondering if I was a non-local, would I have been asked this question? Really sad that locals somehow get a different kind of treatment. I'm expecting more of such questions as I head to the swimming pool this weekend.
Nxt time shop at cold storage lor....see any diff anot....hehe

Wild Falcon
06-10-11, 16:53
This comment reminds me of the Holland V girl Samantha who went on radio and created a hoo-ha with her derogatory remarks on "heartlanders" who cannot afford to go to her Holland V :(

Ginseng1, are you born with a silver spoon? Why did you say "heartlanders cheapen the (Soliel) residential feel"?

howgozit
06-10-11, 23:15

Now how does that feel?

Is it possible that the security guard stopped and questioned you bcoz he thinks that you are one of the "heartlanders that cheapen the feel" and therefore he doubts that you live there.

iwantgizmos
06-10-11, 23:38

NTUC still ok wat...
Next time, just for fun, try to bring in groceries from Sheng Siong....
Then see how they react...

shauntanzs
07-10-11, 16:11

1.2m can buy D1 already wor

Condo Kaiser
07-10-11, 16:52
I just think it is not rational to pay 1.2mil for 99yr lease hold in Novena. But each to its own....:beats-me-man:

ginseng1
07-10-11, 17:10
Now how does that feel?

Is it possible that the security guard stopped and questioned you bcoz he thinks that you are one of the "heartlanders that cheapen the feel" and therefore he doubts that you live there.

Are you a heartlander?

I have never been and never intend to unless circumstance does not allow. Reason being I'm doing my National duty in not competing with the rest who truly need a subsidised housing.

I don't see the link between CS, NTUC & SS. I shop at Tekka Market too for the fresh fish and it's situated in Little India. I drive a humble VW Jetta. And I live at Soleil.

Peace.

ginseng1
07-10-11, 17:14
I just think it is not rational to pay 1.2mil for 99yr lease hold in Novena. But each to its own....:beats-me-man:

Neither is it rational to pay $1000 psf in OCR areas but it's happening.

ginseng1
07-10-11, 17:16
NTUC still ok wat...
Next time, just for fun, try to bring in groceries from Sheng Siong....
Then see how they react...

Sheng Siong public listed company, you know. don't play play...

SS things are no longer cheap as before.

ecimbew
07-10-11, 17:57
Neither is it rational to pay $1000 psf in OCR areas but it's happening.

I wonder how long this will sustain.

gn108
07-10-11, 18:06
It's a people's perception issue.

Previously - property loan period was framed as a 15 - 20 years duration.
Then it was 25 - 30 years. Now its retirement minus age - so can stretch to even 40 years. So quantum can increase.

The wage earner gets screwed and works all his life to own a piece of property. Tough...

howgozit
08-10-11, 08:16
Are you a heartlander?

I have never been and never intend to unless circumstance does not allow. Reason being I'm doing my National duty in not competing with the rest who truly need a subsidised housing.

I don't see the link between CS, NTUC & SS. I shop at Tekka Market too for the fresh fish and it's situated in Little India. I drive a humble VW Jetta. And I live at Soleil.

Peace.

Hey peace bro...

If you must know, like you I am not a "heartlander" (as you term it) and has never been. But it is not my intention, I would have loved to be able to get all those grants and subsidy. And no, I don't consider that as a national duty.

I just find it amusing that you think "heartlanders" cheapen the feel but at the same time you feel indignant that a guard questioned your residency at the Soleil. Don't you see the irony of it?

kingkong1984
08-10-11, 09:05
Then wat about paying that for mass market condo in OCR?

Rich and Rational have the same R.... Right? But rich are not rational when it comes to spending, gambling and womanizing. Some fall for chicks, some for cars, some for turtle shell, as big a turtle shell can be. A home is a hermit home or a sea turtle home.. Same purpose for it's occupier.

Rich takes much more risks.... And when they fall, they are resilient and will make quick recovery after recuperating. if not they can rest in peace or restire from the high life or resign to fate.

dmonddd
08-10-11, 20:12
Guess u will "siam" Novena area for shopping & dinning ....since it bring back bad memories..& nagging..:Du will tend to forget after years...but when any bug hits again, i bet u my every cent..everyone will siam novena /mount e area

Jcmillineum
14-10-11, 23:25
It's a people's perception issue.

Previously - property loan period was framed as a 15 - 20 years duration.
Then it was 25 - 30 years. Now its retirement minus age - so can stretch to even 40 years. So quantum can increase.

The wage earner gets screwed and works all his life to own a piece of property. Tough...

Don't be crazy....rental can pay for the mortgage and get rental income, who wants to work?

flxcat
25-10-11, 21:23
Just visited MPR thread. Now I see why rental in Soleil is under pressure. MPR in my opinion is better location due to the proximity to orchard n Singapore river is asking the about the same rental.

Sellers in Soleil still asking high price 1.2mil for a studio, just wonder....:2cents:

teddybear
25-10-11, 23:39
MPR better? I feel MPR is like in the middle of no-where, too far from MRT, too far from shopping, many drunks will walk pass and vomit along the pavements & pee on the walls? (Happening for Rivergate etc, those along Singapore River) :doh:

Just visited MPR thread. Now I see why rental in Soleil is under pressure. MPR in my opinion is better location due to the proximity to orchard n Singapore river is asking the about the same rental.

Sellers in Soleil still asking high price 1.2mil for a studio, just wonder....:2cents:

devilplate
25-10-11, 23:47
I believe soleil shd be better for rental:2cents:

hopeful
25-10-11, 23:54
MPR better? I feel MPR is like in the middle of no-where, too far from MRT, too far from shopping, many drunks will walk pass and vomit along the pavements & pee on the walls? (Happening for Rivergate etc, those along Singapore River) :doh:

well in the process of selling of MPR. I agree with Teddybear, thats why selling it off. MPR is not near Kim Seng MRT (TSL) nor River Valley MRT (DTL3).
but i dont know about the drunks part though, didnt see any vomit in the evening when I walked there.

kane
25-10-11, 23:55
I believe soleil shd be better for rental:2cents:
soleil's slight edge is all the basic necessities are around them.

teddybear
25-10-11, 23:57
How to see vomit in the evening? The night is still young mah. You should take a walk in the morning to see for yourself. Plants & grasses there particularly nutrient (from the pees)! :p

well in the process of selling of MPR. I agree with Teddybear, thats why selling it off. MPR is not near Kim Seng MRT (TSL) nor River Valley MRT (DTL3).
but i dont know about the drunks part though, didnt see any vomit in the evening when I walked there.

kane
25-10-11, 23:58
How to see vomit in the evening? The night is still young mah. You should take a walk in the morning to see for yourself. Plants & grasses there particularly nutrient (from the pees)! :p

any loud voices singing in the middle of the night from the drunkards?

dtrax
25-10-11, 23:59

I can vouch for that haha... try going even later at night, you will probably get the scene

bullman
21-01-12, 16:13
Hi guys,

Any owners here? Just managed to rent my 2 BR after 4 months. Rental above 5k is bad biz now.

stalingrad
21-01-12, 16:48
what is wrong with this project. now the prices are approaching $1000 psf.

bullman
21-01-12, 16:55

1000 psf? Do you mean 2000 psf?

dtrax
21-01-12, 16:55

Seriously? I dont mind offering at 1k psf considering how much other mixed development with mrt are going above this price

august
21-01-12, 17:00

1k psf? you dreaming ah? :D

stalingrad
21-01-12, 17:04
1k psf? you dreaming ah? :D

no, several units were sold recently at close to $1000 psf.

dtrax
21-01-12, 17:05

Which units may I ask?

stalingrad
21-01-12, 17:08
Which units may I ask?

beat me. the transactions are reported by TB and nation property.com

fiat500
21-01-12, 18:27
Which units may I ask?
probably those facing TTSH...:cheers4:

stalingrad
21-01-12, 18:29
probably those facing TTSH...:cheers4:

the hospital? what is the difference. if there is another outbreak of SARS, all units will be affected, not just those facing the hospital.

fiat500
21-01-12, 19:36
the hospital? what is the difference. if there is another outbreak of SARS, all units will be affected, not just those facing the hospital.
of coz there's a difference,sars is remote case..it may happen,it may not happen again? touch wood.
but facing the hospital is a permanent thing,those units facing TTSH may not be so desirable..i am sure the prices will be lower than those facing elsewhere imo..
the prices sold recently near 1000psf? i doubt?
the source where u got yr recent transacted prices were wrong i am sure..:cheers5:

land118
21-01-12, 21:23
Best source is URA caveat lodged. After scanning thru whole of 2011 transaction on URA website, this is the lowest in terms of psf: $1300psf; $1k psf not anywhere near in 2011....; ask BASIC to shout even louder, wishful thinking...; if got $1k psf I also want to grab...

SOLEIL @ SINARAN* SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 1,427,400 1,098 Strata 1,300 Mar-10

SOLEIL @ SINARAN* SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 1,260,000 958 Strata 1,315 Feb-10

teddybear
21-01-12, 22:24
How much you rent out for 2 BR ?

Hi guys,

Any owners here? Just managed to rent my 2 BR after 4 months. Rental above 5k is bad biz now.

teddybear
21-01-12, 23:05
Wait till SARS outbreak then say, probably a once in 100 years event?
However, those chimneys spilling pollution that your place is facing is there 24 hours a day, 7 days, a week, 30 days a month, 365 days a year, oh gosh! I can't imagine how bad to the residents' lungs those will be?! Research have shown that exposure to those have very very much higher chance of getting cancer! :scared-1:

Rysk
21-01-12, 23:08

:beats-me-man: How close is consider close to $1000psf??
I think is more like close to $2000psf instead :rolleyes:
$2,728,750 1,475sf $1,850psf Dec-11
$2,800,000 1,475sf $1,899psf Dec-11
$2,093,383 1,464sf $1,430psf Nov-11
$1,750,000 958sf $1,827psf Nov-11
$2,961,840 1,722sf $1,720psf Nov-11
$3,200,000 1,722sf $1,858psf Nov-11
$1,580,000 $958sf $1,649psf Nov-11

teddybear
21-01-12, 23:23
Got $1000 psf? Oh no! Pls let me know so that I will be "kind" enough to buy over from whoever seller to relieve them of their "pain"! Very very sincere buyer at $1000 psf! $1100 psf also can lah since Punggol can also sell at $1100 psf already..... :D

:beats-me-man: How close is consider close to $1000psf??
I think is more like close to $2000psf instead :rolleyes:
$2,728,750 1,475sf $1,850psf Dec-11
$2,800,000 1,475sf $1,899psf Dec-11
$2,093,383 1,464sf $1,430psf Nov-11
$1,750,000 958sf $1,827psf Nov-11
$2,961,840 1,722sf $1,720psf Nov-11
$3,200,000 1,722sf $1,858psf Nov-11
$1,580,000 $958sf $1,649psf Nov-11

stalingrad
22-01-12, 07:10
11 SOLEIL @ SINARAN
SINARAN DR 936 0 APT 99 23/12/11 1,086,000 1,160
SPA;NEW 11 SOLEIL @ SINARAN
SINARAN DR 1722 0 APT 99 16/12/11 2,514,000 1,460
SINARAN DR 1464 0 APT 99 14/12/11 1,814,000 1,239
SINARAN DR 1475 0 APT 99 13/12/11 2,728,750 1,850
OPE;NEW 11 SOLEIL @ SINARAN
SINARAN DR 1475 0 APT 99 09/12/11 2,800,000 1,898
SINARAN DR 1098 0 APT 99 09/12/11 1,290,000 1,175
SINARAN DR 1464 0 APT 99 28/11/11 2,093,383 1,430
SINARAN DR 506 0 APT 99 25/11/11 684,000 1,352
SINARAN DR 958 0 APT 99 24/11/11 1,750,000 1,827
SINARAN DR 1722 0 APT 99 17/11/11 2,961,840 1,720
OPE;NE

stalingrad
22-01-12, 07:12
$1,160 is not close to $1000 psf? How about $1,175?

Are you guys blind?

teddybear
22-01-12, 07:32
How about we say Crapbelle now selling at close to $700?! ops! :eek:

$1,160 is not close to $1000 psf? How about $1,175?

Are you guys blind?

stalingrad
22-01-12, 09:28
How about we say Crapbelle now selling at close to $700?! ops! :eek:
you would be lying if you said that.

I am not lying about the shitty prices of soleil. I produced proof. did you notice that the most recent transaction for soleil took place at $1160psf. and it was for an MM unit. Ouch!!! I would call that fire sale, given this condo was launched at $1,700psf.

for your information, carabelle is doing very well, transacting at about $1,000 psf level.

My point is still the same. CCR condos are crap and will go even lower. OCR has been doing well and will continue to do well.

bullman
22-01-12, 09:39
How much you rent out for 2 BR ?

Managed to get 6.2 k for F/F. There are still many empty units. Market needs a while to absorb the supply. Getting competition from Reflections as well.

Jonathan0503
22-01-12, 10:30
you would be lying if you said that.

I am not lying about the shitty prices of soleil. I produced proof. did you notice that the most recent transaction for soleil took place at $1160psf. and it was for an MM unit. Ouch!!! I would call that fire sale, given this condo was launched at $1,700psf.

for your information, carabelle is doing very well, transacting at about $1,000 psf level.

My point is still the same. CCR condos are crap and will go even lower. OCR has been doing well and will continue to do well.

So no more price difference between CCR and OCR in future?

fiat500
22-01-12, 10:55
Hello stalingrad bro,those u posted are the wrong prices especially the 506sq ft n 936sq ft unit..
The rest of the prices are also not correct i m sure..:cheers5:
the source where u got it from have got the info wrong.

stalingrad
22-01-12, 11:33
Hello stalingrad bro,those u posted are the wrong prices especially the 506sq ft n 936sq ft unit..
The rest of the prices are also not correct i m sure..:cheers5:
the source where u got it from have got the info wrong.

if you don't believe me, just read yesterday's BT. :doh:

Adva181
22-01-12, 12:07
Maybe father sell to son lah

dtrax
22-01-12, 14:00
Nationproperty stats I not sure, BT listings sometimes got error one leh, I have seen before. I rather rely on my stats from SISV/Realis. But if really have 1.1k, I udn mind haha :)

stalingrad
22-01-12, 16:19
Maybe father sell to son lah

so two fathers have sold to their children in two weeks, one at 1160psf and the other at 1175?

on funny sale can be chalked up to chance, but not two.

fiat500
22-01-12, 17:30
so two fathers have sold to their children in two weeks, one at 1160psf and the other at 1175?

on funny sale can be chalked up to chance, but not two.
if u are familiar with the property market in singapore,y not u asked yourself whether its possible for a 2 bedder unit to be transacted closed to 1000psf?
even for a 'super firesale' u wont get this price also..:banghead:

stalingrad
22-01-12, 18:03
if u are familiar with the property market in singapore,y not u asked yourself whether its possible for a 2 bedder unit to be transacted closed to 1000psf?
even for a 'super firesale' u wont get this price also..:banghead:

I guess some of the owners of soleil are still in denial.

Adva181
22-01-12, 18:15
:beats-me-man:

It's 20 vs 1.

Either there are 20 ignorant guru here or 1 xxxxx.

Rysk
22-01-12, 20:10
Even at $1,500psf above 30th floor facing MBS, I will grab one!!:jump-for-joy:

fiat500
22-01-12, 20:12
I guess some of the owners of soleil are still in denial.
I m sure the data u got were incorrect..those prices u posted were way below bank's valuation..
Even lelong also no such price..:cheers5:

ecimbew
22-01-12, 20:43
Luckily URA has developed a wonderful mobile app for property transactions. This clearly shows otherwise.

https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/7yrrcctax2plife/Photos/Beacon%20Heights/Maps/Photo%2022-1-12%2021%2040%2030.jpg

land118
22-01-12, 22:09
Luckily URA has developed a wonderful mobile app for property transactions. This clearly shows otherwise.

https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/7yrrcctax2plife/Photos/Beacon%20Heights/Maps/Photo%2022-1-12%2021%2040%2030.jpg

Clear data, shows with CM5 price didn't sink like what some had shouted and hoping against hope...., need to shout LELONG louder...!

jwong71
22-01-12, 22:36
Clear data, shows with CM5 price didn't sink like what some had shouted and hoping against hope...., need to shout LELONG louder...!

cm5 intro in dec. caveats lodged in dec, are otp signed before dec.

everything have its after-effect, fast or slow nia..

land118
22-01-12, 23:28
I wait for Soleil @$1k psf and Carabelle @ $700 psf...:D

melodies
23-01-12, 00:27
Carabelle $700 psf you want? Not worth it lah since early owners bought theirs at $500 psf, since much lower than you! When need to cut loss, you can't win them! Ops! :p

Soleil looks better very very much better deal at $1k psf since early owners bought at $1700 psf - $2000 psf! :D

I wait for Soleil @$1k psf and Carabelle @ $700 psf...:D

trump7
23-01-12, 11:10
Hi guys,

How come you took so long to rent out??

For my case, I rented out my Soleil 2bedroom 936sqft unit at 5.5k/mth and took about 1 week or so, at second viewing.
All agent said it was Oct low season:confused: ,, only 2 agent brought the viewing tenant although I contacted about 10 agents.

Anyway,,,I managed to look over several Soleil units which hasn`t been rented out long at that time,,and I finally realized that most of owner left their units befind with dust, without care and proper decoration,,and just complain or worry why my unit never rent out.

Maybe people said I was lucky at that time..but not only by luck but effort that I put much to do interior nicely with curtain, light and funitures(Nice bed and wall mounted TVs in living room & Masterroom)

Believe it or not, I rented out my another unit (The Centrio) just after Christmas & New year holiday,,also not over 1week by 2nd vewing.
980sqft 2bed+study at 4.5k.

If you want to know how I can achieve so fast rent-out just let me know I will explain to you further. but don`t expect secret know-how..they are all within common sense.:2cents:

trump7
23-01-12, 11:26

For my case, I rented out my Soleil 2bedroom 936sqft unit at 5.5k/mth and took about 1 week or so, at second viewing.
All agent said it was Oct low season:confused: ,, only 2 agent brought the viewing tenant although I contacted about 10 agents.

Anyway,,,I managed to look over several Soleil units which hasn`t been rented out long at that time,,and I finally realized that most of owner left their units befind with dust, without care and proper decoration,,and just complain or worry why my unit never rent out.

Maybe people said I was lucky at that time..but not only by luck but effort that I put much to do interior nicely with curtain, light and funitures(Nice bed and wall mounted TVs in living room & Masterroom)

Believe it or not, I rented out my another unit (The Centrio) just after Christmas & New year holiday,,also not over 1week by 2nd vewing.

If you want to know how I can achieve so fast rent-out just let me know I will explain to you further. but don`t expect secret know-how..they are all within common sense.:2cents:

One thing to add on,, when I contacted agent for rent out my unit,,almost every agent ask me whether I got intention to sell out, and it was getting irritating,,
so I questioned how come so many agent asked me to sell,,then a few agents told me because,,after top of Soleil,,it turned out to be quite nice build-up and facilities than people`s expectation,,so most owner changed their mind not to sell but rent.

I just wanted to test the market,,so I put my asking price so high but no agent told me No No..and some brought the buyers to show them.

I personally believe if location good and rental demand stands still,,no need to worry of price drop. Although it is slightly dropped but will recover back elastically.
If you have condo in Novena area,, No need to worry,, just laid-back youself and watch the market movement.:spliff:

land118
23-01-12, 17:47
Carabelle $700 psf you want? Not worth it lah since early owners bought theirs at $500 psf, since much lower than you! When need to cut loss, you can't win them! Ops! :p

Soleil looks better very very much better deal at $1k psf since early owners bought at $1700 psf - $2000 psf! :D
Ya, I know. Got a friend staying there, bought when launch..., about $600psf at that time accordingly to him? Better don't piss Stalingrad off, if u are waiting for $500psf...:D

Rysk
23-01-12, 20:13

I also got the same data.. but where came the $1160 & $1175 recently as posted by stalingrad?? I really can't find it leh! Dun tell me he just insert by typing in himself & claim now the prices are approaching $1000psf?? :confused:

jwong71
23-01-12, 20:30
I also got the same data.. but where came the $1160 & $1175 recently as posted by stalingrad?? I really can't find it leh! Dun tell me he just insert by typing in himself & claim now the prices are approaching $1000psf?? :confused:

pls see the attachment..

stanlingrad is right about the psf.

hopeful
24-01-12, 07:44
pls see the attachment..

stanlingrad is right about the psf.
SISV is known to have this problem.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=6876
I would think it is still unsolved.

partially lifted from that post
When a price fall isn't a price fall

SISV Services is fixing problem with caveats lodged for some subsale deals.

By Kalpana Rashiwala

PRIVATE home prices have fallen but in some cases, the drop may not be as much as suggested by SISV Services' Realink database.

Savills Singapore has spotted more than 60 instances of 'duplicate caveats' listed at different prices for the same transaction and which give the impression of a unit changing hands within a span of a few months at a significantly lower price, when in fact it hadn't.

The common thread running through these cases is that they involved subsale deals transacted in the past six months for projects which either received Temporary Occupation Permit in 2008 or are nearing TOP.

For example, Realink shows a caveat for a 47th floor unit at The Sail @ Marina Bay sold in the subsale market in September for $508,024 or $858 psf, when actually the unit was sold for $1.45 million or $2,450 psf and which was caveated three months earlier (and also shown in Realink). The lower price was the price at which the developer first sold the unit back in 2005.

In another instance, Realink shows a caveat for a unit at Park Infinia at Wee Nam in November for $1.16 million or $868 psf, one-third lower than the $1.77 million or $1,325 psf caveat lodged for the same unit two months earlier. Actually, both caveats were lodged by the same buyer, who paid the higher price.

Rodyk & Davidson LLP partner Tang Woon Ee told BT that it was 'good practice' to advise clients who buy in the subsale market to lodge two caveats. The first is when the buyer exercises his subsale option and has to fully pay up the initial 5 per cent deposit; this caveat will reflect the actual transacted price.

Then, two or three months later, when this subsale transaction is completed and the buyer enters into a fresh sale and purchase agreement (SPA) with the developer, the buyer should lodge another caveat to protect his interest in the unit. This fresh SPA will reflect the original price at which the developer sold the unit, since this is the price it is entitled to collect.

'So if the developer originally sold the unit to Buyer 1 for $1 million and Buyer 1 later sells to Buyer 2 in the subsale market for $1.2 million, the fresh SPA issued by the developer to Buyer 2 will still reflect the $1 million price; the profit (or loss) made by Buyer 1 from his subsale transaction is not relevant to the developer,' Ms Tang explained.

As a result, the original sale price of the unit gets reflected in the second caveat lodged by the purchaser in the latest subsale deal. In this instance, two caveats will be lodged by Buyer 2 for the same transaction - the first at $1.2 million followed by another a few months later at $1 million.

SISV's Realink database, by listing both caveats, gives the impression that the price of the unit has fallen about 17 per cent in the past three months.

stalingrad
24-01-12, 07:59
this cannot be the problem. Soleil was launched in 2007 at 1700psf.

bullman
24-01-12, 08:44

I was selective of my tenants' profile after some bad experience earlier. Surprisingly, there were a few Singaporeans who wanted to rent from me. I rejected as they wanted 6 months -1 year lease. I was looking for a 2 year corp lease from MNC. Initially, the unit was only going for p/f at 5.5k but the tenant wanted f/f so I added 500 more. Managed to get a 2-year corp lease so I am happy. Guess I have to treat you to coffee some day to learn how you manage to rent out so quickly. You sound like a guru.

stalingrad
24-01-12, 09:02
One thing to add on,, when I contacted agent for rent out my unit,,almost every agent ask me whether I got intention to sell out, and it was getting irritating,,
so I questioned how come so many agent asked me to sell,,then a few agents told me because,,after top of Soleil,,it turned out to be quite nice build-up and facilities than people`s expectation,,so most owner changed their mind not to sell but rent.

I just wanted to test the market,,so I put my asking price so high but no agent told me No No..and some brought the buyers to show them.

I personally believe if location good and rental demand stands still,,no need to worry of price drop. Although it is slightly dropped but will recover back elastically.
If you have condo in Novena area,, No need to worry,, just laid-back youself and watch the market movement.:spliff:
If being able to rent out your soleil units is like winning the lottery (to be lucky), what does it say about the condo's appeal as a primary abode or rental property? while owners of CCR properties are still in denial, their properties have declined by at least 30% if more scientific methods are used to decipher the prices. basically there are no buyers, so that asking prices mean nothing. I guess it is a very good lesson to those that think property values can go up and never come down.

Properties in the west coast area have no problems being rented out at all.

Rysk
24-01-12, 09:31
??:confused: I was offered $1300psf for a mid floor unit back then when it was launched

trump7
24-01-12, 13:18
I was selective of my tenants' profile after some bad experience earlier. Surprisingly, there were a few Singaporeans who wanted to rent from me. I rejected as they wanted 6 months -1 year lease. I was looking for a 2 year corp lease from MNC. Initially, the unit was only going for p/f at 5.5k but the tenant wanted f/f so I added 500 more. Managed to get a 2-year corp lease so I am happy. Guess I have to treat you to coffee some day to learn how you manage to rent out so quickly. You sound like a guru.

I am not the guru yet. However I have been studying property investment since 2006 until today.:)
I am also staying overseas now, so when Soleil TOP that time, I needed to go to S'pore to find the tanant in rush mode.

My tanant is Japanese Single business man and 2 year corp lease as well.
It is more than enough.

trump7
24-01-12, 13:30

Most of Soleil unit had been launched at average price of 1450psf.
Many of them got the unit around 1350psf in the early stage of launching time.
Only some got the high floor unit at around 1700psf above.

trump7
24-01-12, 13:45
If being able to rent out your soleil units is like winning the lottery (to be lucky), what does it say about the condo's appeal as a primary abode or rental property? while owners of CCR properties are still in denial, their properties have declined by at least 30% if more scientific methods are used to decipher the prices. basically there are no buyers, so that asking prices mean nothing. I guess it is a very good lesson to those that think property values can go up and never come down.

Properties in the west coast area have no problems being rented out at all.

Important thing is tanant`s profile and Not whether can be rented out or not.
Owner of soleil is selective and can wait until find the right tanant with better profile.

stalingrad
24-01-12, 15:58
Most of Soleil unit had been launched at average price of 1450psf.
Many of them got the unit around 1350psf in the early stage of launching time.
Only some got the high floor unit at around 1700psf above.
the issue is whether caveats for the two units at $1160 and $1175psf could be lodged for prices paid to the developers at the the launch several years ago. the answer is no regardless of whether the project was sold at $1700 psf on average or $1350psf at launch.

thus, unless there are special circumstances surrounding these two transactions, we have consider them normal and fair, reflecting the true value for this condo.

stalingrad
24-01-12, 16:02
Important thing is tanant`s profile and Not whether can be rented out or not.
Owner of soleil is selective and can wait until find the right tanant with better profile.

true. but if you have to wait years to rent your units to the right persons, owning the condo is really a losing proposition, isn't it.

If an ugly woman has to wait years to get a right suitor, it says more about the woman that about the man, doesn't it.

condos in New york don't wait for years before being rented out, no matter how choosy the owners are.

trump7
24-01-12, 19:00
true. but if you have to wait years to rent your units to the right persons, owning the condo is really a losing proposition, isn't it.

If an ugly woman has to wait years to get a right suitor, it says more about the woman that about the man, doesn't it.

condos in New york don't wait for years before being rented out, no matter how choosy the owners are.

Didn`t you know that I found my right tanant at about 1 week for my soleil unit?:doh: You described it as a "Winning the lottery, right?:doh: :doh:

Now you want to describe as a "ugly woman"..then what next??

You are totally out of logic. just talk only. No need to example New york case.

Sorry man,, but really no time to entertain you.
Whatever you want to say,,just go ahead,, and feel relieved yourself.

SpinCity
24-01-12, 19:19
Not exactly. People buy properties for various reason: you may buy properties for collecting rent, others may do so for the reasons beyond your comprehension. No need to worry for those who are beyond your league
In addition, what's the point of making an extreme example of waiting years before renting out, especially when Soleil was just TOP not long ago?

Are you sure? The apartment vacancy rate in Manhattan last year was at about 1%, so there are condos there left vacant. Do you think that among those vacant units some of them can be left vacant for a long time? By the way, don't think you are ever a landlord in NYC or SG so it may be wasting to argue with you on the rental market in SG

ecimbew
24-01-12, 19:49
Aiyah if you have not already known... everyone has their own agenda. You can ignore you-know-who.

land118
24-01-12, 22:38
Property near MRT always have demand; may soften, but doubt they will dropped so jialat like other areas if there is really a downturn. Am sure, if dropped abit, there are investors waiting to snap up...; Novena and MRT, good area. United Square...- many families send their kids to tuition and enrichment classes there, also within 1KM to good schools...; in genreal sought after...area...

stalingrad
25-01-12, 06:24
Are you sure? The apartment vacancy rate in Manhattan last year was at about 1%, so there are condos there left vacant. Do you think that among those vacant units some of them can be left vacant for a long time? By the way, don't think you are ever a landlord in NYC or SG so it may be wasting to argue with you on the rental market in SG

I am tired of arguing with you people. If you want to call yourself a landlord, please don't sound so stupid. A 1% vacancy rate means full occupancy. A property cannot be occupied all the time. People move in and move out, and therefore leave a property temporarily unoccupied.

In prime areas in Singapore, the vacancy rate is way above 1%, probably in the neighborhood of 10%. just ask yourself how many units at Soleil are occupied, and how many units at rivergate are occupied. the numbers are staggering.

Jonathan0503
25-01-12, 07:42
the issue is whether caveats for the two units at $1160 and $1175psf could be lodged for prices paid to the developers at the the launch several years ago. the answer is no regardless of whether the project was sold at $1700 psf on average or $1350psf at launch.

thus, unless there are special circumstances surrounding these two transactions, we have consider them normal and fair, reflecting the true value for this condo.

Maybe you might want to try offering to buy a unit at $1200 psf and see if any seller bite?

SpinCity
25-01-12, 08:04
I am tired of arguing with you people. If you want to call yourself a landlord, please don't sound so stupid. A 1% vacancy rate means full occupancy. A property cannot be occupied all the time. People move in and move out, and therefore leave a property temporarily unoccupied.

In prime areas in Singapore, the vacancy rate is way above 1%, probably in the neighborhood of 10%. just ask yourself how many units at Soleil are occupied, and how many units at rivergate are occupied. the numbers are staggering.
I am just telling you that even at 1% vacancy rate, there are still apartments in Manhattan that cannot be rent out after being on the market for years, not to mention in New York. Don't be so stupid to make a statement like this:

I doubt you have ever own a property, or lived there for a good period of time to, deem yourself familiar with the property market of NYC or Manhattan. You can talk a lot based on the number, but in fact you don't know much about what's happening on the ground

bullman
25-01-12, 09:20
Maybe you might want to try offering to buy a unit at $1200 psf and see if any seller bite?

I am looking to increase my holdings in this project. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall landscaping and facilities when I visited the project; so much so that I stayed there for 2 weeks as a vacation.

Looking to secure a 3 or 4 BR but the prices are fantastic now. I tried at 1450 psf for mid floor but still no owners willing to bite. Regarding occupancy, I guesstimate at 50-60% now. Most owners are not in a hurry to rent out, profiles of players in D9,10,11 tend to be slightly different.

Rosy
25-01-12, 09:27
I am looking to increase my holdings in this project. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall landscaping and facilities when I visited the project; so much so that I stayed there for 2 weeks as a vacation.

Looking to secure a 3 or 4 BR but the prices are fantastic now. I tried at 1450 psf for mid floor but still no owners willing to bite. Regarding occupancy, I guesstimate at 50-60% now. Most owners are not in a hurry to rent out, profiles of players in D9,10,11 tend to be slightly different.
Is it advisable to hold multiple units in this 99lh project?

stalingrad
25-01-12, 09:29

definitely slightly different. they tend to be losers, reaping no gains for their properties while the rest of the country have seen their property values double.

stalingrad
25-01-12, 09:30

don't take that seriously. it is just bravado, pure and simple. He is probably eager to sell out, but has had no luck so far.

Rosy
25-01-12, 09:39
definitely slightly different. they tend to be losers, reaping no gains for their properties while the rest of the country have seen their property values double.
I have a fren who bought a 1bedder unit over here for 1100psf. Offered 16xxpsf but decide to rent out for 3.5k

Looking at 1bedder caveats, it is indicating 2kpsf

stalingrad
25-01-12, 09:43
I have a fren who bought a 1bedder unit over here for 1100psf. Offered 16xxpsf but decide to rent out for 3.5k

Looking at 1bedder caveats, it is indicating 2kpsf

the most recent transaction is at 1100+psf. Your friend should have sold his or hers.

Rosy
25-01-12, 09:43
don't take that seriously. it is just bravado, pure and simple. He is probably eager to sell out, but has had no luck so far.
I value your comment but i do not wish to speculate his true intention or motives since i had already ask for his opinion

Rosy
25-01-12, 09:44
the most recent transaction is at 1100+psf. Your friend should have sold his or hers.
I am not sure about 1bedder lowering prices to 1100psf when punggol are selling for the same price.

bullman
25-01-12, 12:07

My comments are obviously biased as I hold a unit here. I understand the arguments against holding a 99LH unit for long term, as well as those in favour of it.

My conclusion is to apply the various concepts to specific projects precisely and Soleil warrants me to hold more units. With this mentality, I hold multiple units in the Sail as well.

At the end of the day, its your own judgement. Study nearby projects like Strata etc for a more wholesome picture.

bullman
25-01-12, 12:09

Thats very true. This is a forum after all with personal agenda. To each his own.

Ultimately, I am a still a CCR and RCR fan. I guess we play in different playgrounds then.

teddybear
25-01-12, 12:17
Based on what you said, owners of Orchard Residences & MarQ etc must have been biggest losers! Ops! Even losers are worth >100x more than you! That makes you ??? :doh:

bullman
25-01-12, 12:22

I beg to differ as my unit at icon(CCR) tripled in value and unit at Strata more than doubled since 2006. My friend's unit at TOR definitely doubled since 2009.

Adva181
25-01-12, 13:13
Amen.. Why dun the person who claim $1100+psf buy 2 units and sell to us at $1400psf... I offer $1401psf for 1-2 bedder.

Rosy
25-01-12, 13:16
My comments are obviously biased as I hold a unit here. I understand the arguments against holding a 99LH unit for long term, as well as those in favour of it.

My conclusion is to apply the various concepts to specific projects precisely and Soleil warrants me to hold more units. With this mentality, I hold multiple units in the Sail as well.

At the end of the day, its your own judgement. Study nearby projects like Strata etc for a more wholesome picture.

It is no doubt an excellent piece of project in that area. However, it is the only 99lh project if i am not mistaken. Most projects in d1,2 are 99lh

Thanks for sharing

SpinCity
25-01-12, 14:07

You have no clue what people beyond your league think
people who cannot appreciate cars don't understand why rich people spending millions on RR and Bentley which depreciate hundreds of thousands a year.
Same for those who don't appreciate watches wonder why a PP watch costs a few hundreds thousands yet does not run as accurate as a casio watch worth only 50 bucks
Some people clip coupons from newspaper to save a few dollars on groceries, and call those who spend millions on art works fool as they cannot see the value in them

People who know little call those who acts different from them losers, only after they have the chance to see, they understand there is a great universe beyond their little world
What you have said clearly demonstrates your caliber

stalingrad
25-01-12, 14:20
You have no clue what people beyond your league think
people who cannot appreciate cars don't understand why rich people spending millions on RR and Bentley which depreciate hundreds of thousands a year.
Same for those who don't appreciate watches wonder why a PP watch costs a few hundreds thousands yet does not run as accurate as a casio watch worth only 50 bucks
Some people clip coupons from newspaper to save a few dollars on groceries, and call those who spend millions on art works fool as they cannot see the value in them

People who know little call those who acts different from them losers, only after they have the chance to see, they understand there is a great universe beyond their little world
What you have said clearly demonstrates your caliber
you can bore us with these hackneyed lectures until cows come home. but the fact is the rest of the country has doubled but you guys are still dreaming about what your prime properties will bring you in 100 years.

haha, dream on while the rest of us laugh all the way to the bank. but you are right, I do despise people who drive bentleys and wear rolexes. not because I cannot afford them, but because I find it beneath me to show off my riches.

my son is like me. He is the smartest in his class, but he is embarrassed that he knows how to spell stalingrad while his classmates are still trying to spell "car."

SpinCity
25-01-12, 14:54
you can bore us with these hackneyed lectures until cows come home. but the fact is the rest of the country has doubled but you guys are still dreaming about what your prime properties will bring you in 100 years.

haha, dream on while the rest of us laugh all the way to the bank. but you are right, I do despise people who drive bentleys and wear rolexes. not because I cannot afford them, but because I find it beneath me to show off my riches.

my son is like me. He is the smartest in his class, but he is embarrassed that he knows how to spell stalingrad while his classmates are still trying to spell "car."
What a misery person who have so many things to despise
do you despise those "sour grapes" people?
You shall learn to appreciate things before despise them

It is interesting that your son can spell the 10-character "stalingrad" but not not the 3-character "car"? Anyway he doesn't need to be embarrassed about it. You shall spend more time to teach your son than talking non-sense on this forum

stalingrad
25-01-12, 15:12
What a misery person who have so many things to despise
do you despise those "sour grapes" people?
You shall learn to appreciate things before despise them

It is interesting that your son can spell the 10-character "stalingrad" but not not the 3-character "car"? Anyway he doesn't need to be embarrassed about it. You shall spend more time to teach your son than talking non-sense on this forum
I guess like many singaporeans, your english comprehension is as good as kids in english-speaking countries in grade 3.

I guess most people who speculated in Prime condos are like you, uncouth and uneducated. that is another reason why I am not like you. :cheers5:

SpinCity
25-01-12, 15:31
I guess like many singaporeans, your english comprehension is as good as kids in english-speaking countries in grade 3.

I guess most people who speculated in Prime condos are like you, uncouth and uneducated. that is another reason why I am not like you. :cheers5:
If you can write better than a grade 3, not just in terms of grammar but more importantly content, your comments will be more valuable

People by prime condos because they choose to
Why did you buy your Carabella unit?

Don't be so negative. Despising others won't make you a better person but only more miserable.
Carabella is not bad, but despising prime condos won't make it better
You shall just cherish what you have, don't envy at those who are better off than you, and you will be happier, although that may only happen when you have an option to leave this island that you hate so much

stalingrad
25-01-12, 15:47
If you can write better than a grade 3, not just in terms of grammar but more importantly content, your comments will be more valuable

People by prime condos because they choose to
Why did you buy your Carabella unit?

Don't be so negative. Despising others won't make you a better person but only more miserable.
Carabella is not bad, but despising prime condos won't make it better
You shall just cherish what you have, don't envy at those who are better off than you, and you will be happier, although that may only happen when you have an option to leave this island that you hate so much

read the prior posts, the ones that I put up before you came along, you would see that I was just raising a legit question about the two recent transactions where the prices are very low. I am not envious, neither was I looking for trouble.

look at yourself in the mirror before making accusations.

SpinCity
25-01-12, 15:57
read the prior posts, the ones that I put up before you came along, you would see that I was just raising a legit question about the two recent transactions where the prices are very low. I am not envious, neither was I looking for trouble.

look at yourself in the mirror before making accusations. you are the one calling people buy prime condos losers you are the one despising people who drive Bentley or wear Rolex you are the one despising Singaporeans you did much more than just raising a question about the two transaction, don't you remember? A mirror will not help you, use your brain

stalingrad
25-01-12, 16:01
you are the one calling people buy prime condos losers you are the one despising people who drive Bentley or wear Rolex you are the one despising Singaporeans you did much more than just raising a question about the two transaction, don't you remember? A mirror will not help you, use your brain

read my post again: "until you came along."

SpinCity
25-01-12, 16:18
read my post again: "until you came along" Read your own posts, all of them: "You are always like this from day one"

gfoo
25-01-12, 16:25
wah lau how many years already still the same conversation. relax, and be happy!

new2mondrian
25-01-12, 18:37
wah lau how many years already still the same conversation. relax, and be happy!

Bro, long time haven't heard from you! How's your little one? Turned 1 already? :)

gfoo
25-01-12, 19:03
Bro, long time haven't heard from you! How's your little one? Turned 1 already? :)
thx for remembering dude - yeah now 1 and a 1/2. We just moved from D1 to a more child-centric suburban-ish locale in 9

new2mondrian
25-01-12, 19:16
thx for remembering dude - yeah now 1 and a 1/2. We just moved from D1 to a more child-centric suburban-ish locale in 9

Good for you! You sold off your sail already? :)

I heart D9, regardless what others say about it. River valley and those devts near botanic gardens (eg Somerville, Botanika) are great places to stay and raise kids. Near orchard and raffles place, but not too near.

I am eyeing the prices ard D9. When prices are right, may want to go in for another. Saw a 1281sqft 3 bedder unit at Domain21 asking for $1.6m lately. Wait a while longer may come down to a level where I am keen.

Rosy
25-01-12, 19:21
Is it just me? I do not look at lh projects in 9,10,11 at all.

stalingrad
25-01-12, 19:24

you are the smart one. they live in a time warp.

new2mondrian
25-01-12, 19:26

Nah, I don't either. Domain 21 was just quoted as an example that prices in prime are worth watching. Same psf as Watertown@punggol. Hahhaha... Both 99LH. Apple for apple comparison.