PDA

View Full Version : what the basic cost of setup a company and buy industrial property...

ikan bilis
11-01-13, 21:47
what is the bare minimum cost of setting up a small company (Pte Ltd, LLP, or etc) and purchase industrial property ?... for each industrial property purchase, need to have a separate company...

instead of selling the industrial property next time, sell the owning company. That will evade BSD (about 3%), all SSD (5-15%), and any ABSD in future CMxx, and could offset 7% GST also...

what is the bare minimum cost of setting up a small company ??...

.... life getting tougher and tougher,.. sigh.... :beats-me-man: :(

property_finder
11-01-13, 22:00
what is the bare minimum cost of setting up a small company (Pte Ltd, LLP, or etc) and purchase industrial property ?... for each industrial property purchase, need to have a separate company...

instead of selling the industrial property next time, sell the owning company. That will evade BSD (about 3%), all SSD (5-15%), and any ABSD in future CMxx, and could offset 7% GST also...

what is the bare minimum cost of setting up a small company ??...

.... life getting tougher and tougher,.. sigh.... :beats-me-man: :(

Easy and cheap to setup a Pte Ltd or LLC company, you can enlist the help of companies to help you to setup. However, Pte Ltd or LLC are considered as non-individuals and subjected to higher ABSD.

GST offset is not that clear cut and subject to approval by IRAS, but it can be done. Do it too many times and IRAS may flag you.

ikan bilis
11-01-13, 22:03
industrial properties.... no absd yet, no ltv cap also... except mortgage under company name will have higher interest rate... :(

property_finder
11-01-13, 22:11
industrial properties.... no absd yet, no ltv cap also... except mortgage under company name will have higher interest rate... :(

Currently averaging around 1.6 % per annum for 2-year package. Still ok.

However, prices are already at historical high due to speculation while genuine buyers still adopting wait and see approach. Perhaps with speculators out of the equation, prices of industrial may drop.

property_finder
11-01-13, 22:18

I think you can mortgage under your name if you setup a sole proprietorship or partnership, but be aware of the liabilities of such entities.

ikan bilis
11-01-13, 22:25
I think you can mortgage under your name if you setup a sole proprietorship or partnership, but be aware of the liabilities of such entities.

cannot sell a sole proprietor company (not an entity), and GST number will be attached to the person, not company...
for partnership, think might need to "change" partners one by one when "sell company", quite troublesome...
easiest is single director pte ltd, can sell the company+industrial property easily....

property_finder
11-01-13, 22:57
cannot sell a sole proprietor company (not an entity), and GST number will be attached to the person, not company...
for partnership, think might need to "change" partners one by one when "sell company", quite troublesome...
easiest is single director pte ltd, can sell the company+industrial property easily....

You are correct in the sole proprietor company. Actually, only Pte Ltd ad LLC (as you initially mentioned) are considered as separate entities whom are able to own properties. Partnerships also cannot. Pardon my earlier post on partnerships and sole proprietorships.

silver023
12-01-13, 08:05
Better to check the stamp duty rules in detail.. I recall some special rules on transfer of shares of company owning properties.

Also, it may be difficult for buyers to accept the purchase of a company coz buyer will be getting all liabilities... Thorough due diligence required. So, this will may it more difficult to sell a company vs outright sale of property.