770psf EC
139k Cpf min sum
$14 tiramisu
Lol

All expensive.

Will just take $1.30 can of Coke from vending machine

CondoInterested
09-01-13, 19:40
Your vending machine is $0.20 more than the one at my house downstairs.

Try value shop, think it is only $0.70 per can.

taggy
09-01-13, 19:41
100k COE
1m RCR MM
600k OCR MM
500k BTO AMK
770psf EC
139k Cpf min sum
$14 tiramisu
Lol

$8 surgery is affordable :D

Laguna
09-01-13, 19:50
My hair cut is $1
affordable

howgozit
09-01-13, 20:22
All determined by market.

Things are not priced to what it is worth but what people are willing to pay.

And Singaporeans are willing to pay for a lot of things they cannot afford.

Cars, condos....etc the list goes on.

irisng
09-01-13, 20:28
Your vending machine is $0.20 more than the one at my house downstairs.

Try value shop, think it is only $0.70 per can.

Some provision shops selling $0.50 per can.

indomie
09-01-13, 20:54
http://www.planyourescape.ca/files/images/pye-inflation.png

kane
09-01-13, 21:00
500k BTO AMK
770psf EC

this 2 still affordable.

ecimbew
09-01-13, 21:07
$1.60 fried noodles with one egg

phantom_opera
09-01-13, 21:17
MAS stressed that household balance sheets remain resilient, as net wealth continues to grow at an average of 5.9 per cent per year, as it has for the last 15 years, to reach S$1.34 trillion in the third quarter of 2012, which is four times the current Gross Domestic Product.

phantom_opera
09-01-13, 21:25
258,000 people made it to the top 1 per cent of the world's wealthiest.

=> hmmm ... this is roughly the number of condo units we have??

The trend here over the past decade has been one of strong growth, with average wealth per head up 129 per cent from 2000

mcmlxxvi
09-01-13, 21:43
http://www.planyourescape.ca/files/images/pye-inflation.png

Not if it's this hammer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/34/Workers'_Party_of_Singapore_logo.png/200px-Workers'_Party_of_Singapore_logo.png

solsys
09-01-13, 22:14
100k COE
1m RCR MM
600k OCR MM
500k BTO AMK
770psf EC
139k Cpf min sum
$14 tiramisu
Lol

Affordable is a term used by some politicians who live in their Lala land of elitism and at times use "peanuts" to describe large sums of money.

Allthepies
09-01-13, 22:55
Affordability depends on one's expectation and indulgence.

minority
10-01-13, 06:25
100k COE
1m RCR MM
600k OCR MM
500k BTO AMK
770psf EC
139k Cpf min sum
$14 tiramisu
Lol

$2 egg, toast and coffee set.
~$2 Bus rides
3 bed rm HDB ~270K

minority
10-01-13, 06:28
four certainties in life

Life , Death, Taxes and Inflation. U cant get away from any of these. Facts of life. but u can plan for them.

Quit complaining. start planning.

minority
10-01-13, 06:29
Not if it's this hammer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/34/Workers'_Party_of_Singapore_logo.png/200px-Workers'_Party_of_Singapore_logo.png

http://www.psdgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/thumbs-down.jpg

Allthepies
10-01-13, 06:48
http://www.psdgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/thumbs-down.jpg
+10 Like.

Don't change for fun of changing and most politicians have similar agenda, the only difference is their ability.

Shanhz
10-01-13, 09:10
most politicians have similar agenda, the only difference is their ability.

i like this.

ysyap
10-01-13, 09:13
Some provision shops selling $0.50 per can.$0.50 is splendid. I only found $0.55 cheapest... :cheers3:

eng81157
10-01-13, 09:17
If not for AIM-gate, the next MP to be in the hot seat would be Liu Tiack Kew. prices of COEs are climbing but congestion ain't easing on the roads.

note to LTA - want to control vehicle population, without skyrocketing COE prices? simple. just scrap the bidding system (which is a poorly disguise trojan) and implement a ballot system - have specific categories of priority/need, and points awarded accordingly.

ysyap
10-01-13, 09:20
If not for AIM-gate, the next MP to be in the hot seat would be Liu Tiack Kew. prices of COEs are climbing but congestion ain't easing on the roads.

note to LTA - want to control vehicle population, without skyrocketing COE prices? simple. just scrap the bidding system (which is a poorly disguise trojan) and implement a ballot system - have specific categories of priority/need, and points awarded accordingly.Balloting is unfair to those who really need a car. Maybe ballot for 2nd car in family... Lol.. :cheers2:

taggy
10-01-13, 09:24
Balloting is unfair to those who really need a car. Maybe ballot for 2nd car in family... Lol.. :cheers2:

hmmm but may be hard to define family ?
if by nric address, then some will argue policy does not encourage staying with parents :D

eng81157
10-01-13, 09:26
Balloting is unfair to those who really need a car. Maybe ballot for 2nd car in family... Lol.. :cheers2:

ballot with a point system based on needs/priorities, that is what i suggested.

eng81157
10-01-13, 09:27
hmmm but may be hard to define family ?
if by nric address, then some will argue policy does not encourage staying with parents :D

why not? if priority is given to those who need to ferry elderly for medical appointments, i'll bet many will start changing their nric address.

ysyap
10-01-13, 09:31
Yup... always v difficult to define who is needy and too many permutations to consider. Just ballot for 2nd car... :cheers1:Family means same address... :D change address or not are those loopholes waiting to be patched over time... Lol..

taggy
10-01-13, 09:34
Family means same address... :D change address or not are those loopholes waiting to be patched over time... Lol..

then to buy as many cars, dont buy big unit liao... buy multiple mm side by side to own more cars :D

Rosy
10-01-13, 09:35
COE will plunge sooner or later. We have seen it happening from 100k+ to $1

eng81157
10-01-13, 09:37
Yup... always v difficult to define who is needy and too many permutations to consider. Just ballot for 2nd car... :cheers1:Family means same address... :D change address or not are those loopholes waiting to be patched over time... Lol..

priorities will depend on what policymakers intend to drive the society towards. it won't be a perfect system, but it would be better than the current one

eng81157
10-01-13, 09:39
then to buy as many cars, dont buy big unit liao... buy multiple mm side by side to own more cars :D

won't work leh, cos all these units belong to one person. but then, wouldn't MM psf spike to stratospheric levels?

Rosy
10-01-13, 09:43
the lower income will not go for new cars anyway.

There are plenty of preowned cars for less than $50k currently which is still good for another 4-5years.

Let those rich continue to contribute $9k a year towards nation building.

ysyap
10-01-13, 09:47

There are plenty of preowned cars for less than $50k currently which is still good for another 4-5years.

Let those rich continue to contribute $9k a year towards nation building.Lol... these preowned cars could have been only $40k instead of $50k. My preowned car bought 4 years back has only depreciated $10k. $2.5k a year...

Rosy
10-01-13, 09:50
Lol... these preowned cars could have been only $40k instead of $50k. My preowned car bought 4 years back has only depreciated $10k. $2.5k a year...
So do u agree with me that u are 'whining' over 10k difference?

I did not compare the difference on the interest rate. It used to be 3-4% instead of 1.88% now.

taggy
10-01-13, 09:51
won't work leh, cos all these units belong to one person. but then, wouldn't MM psf spike to stratospheric levels?

if each car purchase allowed for each nric address, then a family of 4 (parents with 2 adult kids):
- in one big house, all 4 will have same nric address, so only can buy 1 car
- 4 mm owned by father, but each person can set their nric to a different mm address; so can buy 4 cars (no ballot) liao lor

in the end, rich family who have more properties, can buy more cars... i think the 80% people lagi piss off... so i think this is hard to implement... :D

btw, i didnt say ur points ballot system will not work hor,
i just say if purely based on nric address to limit number of car - may not be so good hor ;)

Rosy
10-01-13, 09:54
I do not see any problem with today's COE system. Perhaps LTA can redefine CAT A and B according to horsepower or car size.

Isn't it good to see the rich are making more contributions to government coffers.

eng81157
10-01-13, 09:58
if each car purchase allowed for each nric address, then a family of 4 (parents with 2 adult kids):
- in one big house, all 4 will have same nric address, so only can buy 1 car
- 4 mm owned by father, but each person can set their nric to a different mm address; so can buy 4 cars (no ballot) liao lor

in the end, rich family who have more properties, can buy more cars... i think the 80% people lagi piss off... so i think this is hard to implement... :D

let me reiterate, it's a ballot system with points awarded. a ballot system based simply on address is stupid and illogical

eng81157
10-01-13, 09:59
I do not see any problem with today's COE system. Perhaps LTA can redefine CAT A and B according to horsepower or car size.

Isn't it good to see the rich are making more contributions to government coffers.

and further escalate the disparity between rich and poor? consider the political implications and costs

taggy
10-01-13, 10:02
let me reiterate, it's a ballot system with points awarded. a ballot system based simply on address is stupid and illogical
mai tu liao leh... write to LTA... your best idea must make known to the world, they dun listen is they dumb leh :D:D:D

Rosy
10-01-13, 10:02
There are so many future mrt lines coming up.

I am more concern about the frequent train breakdowns than high COE.

Rosy
10-01-13, 10:05
and further escalate the disparity between rich and poor? consider the political implications and costs
What do u mean?

I already mentioned there are plenty of 50k preowned cars.

eng81157
10-01-13, 10:08
mai tu liao leh... write to LTA... your best idea must make known to the world, they dun listen is they dumb leh :D:D:D

COE contributed $2bn in 2012, if i remember correctly. unless they can resist the allure of monies and contribute to govt coffers, then it's pointless

Rosy
10-01-13, 10:12
COE contributed $2bn in 2012, if i remember correctly. unless they can resist the allure of monies and contribute to govt coffers, then it's pointless
Money must come from somewhere somehow?

taggy
10-01-13, 10:13

i think the opposition need more bright mind like u lah, then u can question them in parliament lor, quick there is an opening now... :D

Rosy
10-01-13, 10:15
i think the opposition need more bright mind like u lah, then u can question them in parliament lor, quick there is an opening now... :D
What happen to our oppositions?

eng81157
10-01-13, 10:16
Money must come from somewhere somehow?

very easy, just plug the losses from GIC and Temasek. $2b is peanuts compared to what they lose

Rosy
10-01-13, 10:18
very easy, just plug the losses from GIC and Temasek. $2b is peanuts compared to what they lose
How to solve the problem?

Maybe GIC and Temasek better off hoarding the money in cash?

Rosy
10-01-13, 10:22
I would be happy if government remove GST which has the most direct impact on the poor.

taggy
10-01-13, 10:25
nothing happen, just that since eng81157 like to question whether govt can resist the allure of monies from COE; so i suggest him go join opposition and ask in Parliament lah :D

maybe another way, is just post the question in PM's facebook hor :D
post here also got audiences lah... impact not so big mah :D

stl67
10-01-13, 10:25
+10 Like.

Don't change for fun of changing and most politicians have similar agenda, the only difference is their ability.

very true indeed...when i see certain country being run by some corrupt politicians... i really shake head... i only pity the common folks..

ysyap
10-01-13, 10:52
then to buy as many cars, dont buy big unit liao... buy multiple mm side by side to own more cars :DYou can't have multiple addresses on your nric... :)

taggy
10-01-13, 10:55
You can't have multiple addresses on your nric... :)
paisei, i was thinking along the line where 1 family of 4 person, each person want to buy 1 car...
poor me didnt realise, rich people, 1 person want to buy many many cars :D these ppl kena tax 是应该的... make them pay double coe :D

minority
10-01-13, 11:01
Singaporean are getting richer. How u solve the problem, where each family want muktiple cars.? We wont end up like Bangkok or India?

eng81157
10-01-13, 12:38
I would be happy if government remove GST which has the most direct impact on the poor.

don't get me started on GST.....:simmering: :simmering:

Shanhz
10-01-13, 13:02

although valid point, these new cars will eventually filter down to resale category. at 9k/year depre, even an 5yr old car would be 45k at paper value not counting other costs. the overall costs of ownership would have gone up, but of coz not as much as new car.

for me, i never bother abt COE prices. to me, i will just buy older car. i will not take any loan for car, so that pretty much place me in old car category anyway.

Shanhz
10-01-13, 13:06

did we have oppositions in parliament? how come i dunno? to me.. they all look the same and speak the same. only different is some wear blue some white

taggy
10-01-13, 13:11
did we have oppositions in parliament? how come i dunno? to me.. they all look the same and speak the same. only different is some wear blue some white

aiya i thought got show to watch.... akan dadang liao
WP to hold off AIM/AHTC debate until Town Council review is completed (http://forums.condosingapore.com/WP to hold off AIM/AHTC debate until Town Council review is completed)

minority
10-01-13, 14:08
Interesting to note the WP timing of AIM issue to be surfaced.

leftfield
10-01-13, 14:43

Rich? Many of these people borrow to the hilt to finance their car purchase.

Borrow bank money to contribute to nation building?

Rosy
10-01-13, 16:16
Rich? Many of these people borrow to the hilt to finance their car purchase.

Borrow bank money to contribute to nation building?
Is their choice right?

Not rich and act to be one.

ysyap
10-01-13, 16:20
So do u agree with me that u are 'whining' over 10k difference?

I did not compare the difference on the interest rate. It used to be 3-4% instead of 1.88% now.First not whinning. Second, just voicing general opinion. Third, $10k difference might result in much lower loan. At current rate, $10k over 4 years is equivalent to about $270 a month. Quite a lot for not so rich Singaporeans... :beats-me-man:

FamilyGuy72
10-01-13, 16:42

My suggestion is to cap the car-loan rate, say like 40%. That will surely reduce the demand due to affordability and lessen the debt of many Singaporeans.

ysyap
10-01-13, 16:54
My suggestion is to cap the car-loan rate, say like 40%. That will surely reduce the demand due to affordability and lessen the debt of many Singaporeans.You are merely preventing the poorer people from owning a car. Rich guys will own 4 cars. Cannot curb from base level. Must balance from all classes of drivers! :beats-me-man:

leftfield
10-01-13, 17:19
When a resource become scarce in a capitalist environment, only the rich will be able to afford it.

FamilyGuy72
10-01-13, 18:27
You are merely preventing the poorer people from owning a car. Rich guys will own 4 cars. Cannot curb from base level. Must balance from all classes of drivers! :beats-me-man:

If it means preventing "poorer" people from being rich in debt, I don't think it's a bad idea. Besides, the rich guy can't drive all 4 cars on the road at the same time so serves the purpose of regulating traffic density.
Then government can put more public transports on the non-congested roads and people like me will be more than happy to discard my car and use them instead.

ysyap
10-01-13, 20:38
If it means preventing "poorer" people from being rich in debt, I don't think it's a bad idea. Besides, the rich guy can't drive all 4 cars on the road at the same time so serves the purpose of regulating traffic density.
Then government can put more public transports on the non-congested roads and people like me will be more than happy to discard my car and use them instead.Lol... ok... u might have good intentions for these people by preventing them to incur too much debt but they may not be so appreciative... :cheers6: Also, there are a group of them with elderly to ferry around so a car will serve them more than boarding a bus or train... :) Anyway, if public transport is readily available and don't break down so often like again today, then I will also discard my car... :cheers5: