PDA

View Full Version : D15 - Need feedback please.

Cupcakes
07-01-13, 20:38
The shore residences (103 yrs from 2009)
1bdrm approx 888k

16 @ Amber FH
2bdrm 1.1 mio

Sycamore tree apartment
Px not available.

Thanks

sh
07-01-13, 20:53
1bdrm approx 888k

16 @ Amber FH
2bdrm 1.1 mio

Sycamore tree apartment
Px not available.

Thanks

Don't ever buy shore if you're hoping for enbloc in the future. FEO owns the FH title, no chance of renewing 99LH, unless it by them.:2cents:

zeamybro
07-01-13, 20:54
I will not even consider The Shore .... Cannot accept a LH project on a FH land

Cupcakes
07-01-13, 20:56
How and where to check LH on FH land?

sh
07-01-13, 21:08
How and where to check LH on FH land?

Err... Need to know the history of the place.... The site of shore, was the en-bloc-ed rose garden. Bought by FEO as FH, sold as shore as LH...

I guess if you check the land titles, the info will be there.

bakasa2002
07-01-13, 21:10
Speaking of LH on FH land, anyone know if Villa Marina is in a similar situation? I rem the vicinity are all FH, right up to at least Marine Parade Rd, newest proj being Elliot At East Coast.

Cupcakes
07-01-13, 21:13
16 @ amber layout looks weird

ekl2ekl2
07-01-13, 21:16
The shore same as Silversea further up.

From pure rental yield viewpoint, Shore is quite good, likely>4% rental yield at 800plus K. Next door FH seaview condo, same size with also no seaview already asking for 1.2m.

MRT station whether at PP or even nearer will be within walking distance.

Cupcakes
07-01-13, 21:29
So shore seems affordable as it should be near to the future station? Any other choices in D15 ?

silver023
07-01-13, 21:46
Many choices in D15.. Would avoid Shore (matter of principal) and Sycamore (the terrible sales result by developer speaks for itself).

There are a few apts at Tembeling Rd, Duku rd, Ceylon Rd, or even coralis. Just need to really dig in, do your due diligence and exercise patience.

Cupcakes
07-01-13, 21:51
Many choices in D15.. Would avoid Shore (matter of principal) and Sycamore (the terrible sales result by developer speaks for itself).

There are a few apts at Tembeling Rd, Duku rd, Ceylon Rd, or even coralis. Just need to really dig in, do your due diligence and exercise patience.
But they are not near katong mall, post office or parkway as recommended by bj :scared-2:

tkc2263
07-01-13, 21:55
[QUOTE=ekl2ekl2]The shore same as Silversea further up.

Appreciate if you can clarify what you mean by the above sentence?

Do you mean to say that Silverseas sits on FH land but is sold as LH?

Well, Silverseas sits on where Amber Gardens was, and AG is on LH land.

Just for a fact, the whole stretch of condos starting from Silverseas all the way to Costa del Sol

are all LH status.

ecimbew
07-01-13, 22:46
Sigh. The result of spoon feeding culture.

Cupcakes
07-01-13, 23:13
Sigh. The result of spoon feeding culture.
Ask also got fault

leesg123
08-01-13, 06:26
Avoid shore as what everyone has said, LH on FH land. You are being slave to the feo family future generation.

Many options as mentioned above as well as Telok kurau and Siglap. From rental perspective a 2bdrm unit at telok kurau sunshine loft was sold at $850000, rented $3500 pm. Close to 5%yield. Just an example and many more. Open your eyes big!

ekl2ekl2
08-01-13, 07:25
[quote=ekl2ekl2]The shore same as Silversea further up.

Appreciate if you can clarify what you mean by the above sentence?

Do you mean to say that Silverseas sits on FH land but is sold as LH?

Well, Silverseas sits on where Amber Gardens was, and AG is on LH land.

Just for a fact, the whole stretch of condos starting from Silverseas all the way to Costa del Sol

are all LH status.

May have gotten that one wrong, silversea is LH.

ekl2ekl2
08-01-13, 07:33
Avoid shore as what everyone has said, LH on FH land. You are being slave to the feo family future generation.

Many options as mentioned above as well as Telok kurau and Siglap. From rental perspective a 2bdrm unit at telok kurau sunshine loft was sold at $850000, rented $3500 pm. Close to 5%yield. Just an example and many more. Open your eyes big!

Not vested in Shore. But this LH on FH thingy may not be as bad as it seems. It really depends on the period of the investment horizon.

Look at Rochelle at Newton another LH and FH land, few wanted to buy at 900-1000pfs until 2010-11, prices could not move, and look at its price now, buyers laughing all the way to the bank, whether capital appreciation or investment yield.

Allthepies
08-01-13, 07:43

is small development prone to high maintenance later on?

leesg123
08-01-13, 07:48
is small development prone to high maintenance later on?
It depends, if no swimming pool, is quite ok. I worry for those under 30 units yet have pool. One good thing abt small development is the privacy and peace. If need to swim, just get a membership at nearby chinese swimming club will do.

DC33_2008
08-01-13, 07:54
This whole place will be rather congested with the TOP of Shore, Silversea, etc.

leesg123
08-01-13, 07:59
This whole place will be rather congested with the TOP of Shore, Silversea, etc.
Lol, welcome to city life! Actually congestion is caused by the landed owners and shophouse owners. They have multiple cars so park along roadside. Screw them.condo developemnt all have allocated parking WITHIN compound and most are under utilised as its rented to expat whom rely on buses and mrt and taxi.

DC33_2008
08-01-13, 08:14
I was there recently trying to look for a parking lot in the HDB MSCP, it was all taken even till the roof top on the 5th floor. I have no difficulty llooking for a carpark lot 5 years ago at the same carpark on the 4th and 5th floor which are FOC on sundays/public holidays. I have to even park at the top floor of Parkway Parade these days. :doh:
Lol, welcome to city life! Actually congestion is caused by the landed owners and shophouse owners. They have multiple cars so park along roadside. Screw them.condo developemnt all have allocated parking WITHIN compound and most are under utilised as its rented to expat whom rely on buses and mrt and taxi.

leesg123
08-01-13, 08:34
I was there recently trying to look for a parking lot in the HDB MSCP, it was all taken even till the roof top on the 5th floor. I have no difficulty llooking for a carpark lot 5 years ago at the same carpark on the 4th and 5th floor which are FOC on sundays/public holidays. I have to even park at the top floor of Parkway Parade these days. :doh:people budget, go for cheaper parking at HDB.

silver023
08-01-13, 08:58
And folks are calling the Government to make cars more affordable :scared-3:

Anyhow, @ Cupcake, if you want a development near to anticipated MRT station, many gurus in forum already identified (almost pinpointed) possible locations. There are quite a few developments to choose from... but if someone were to tell you exactly which is the "best", it might just send prices in that particular development up. Or, that someone might have other motives.

So, best is to read the forum and do your own homework.

Laguna
08-01-13, 09:15
Ask also got fault

It is not a question of whether at fault or not. It is a question of attitude and attribute of a person.

If u look into this forum under D15, u just need to spend less than 2 minutes, (only 1 min for me) u will find at least 2 out of the 3 projects were discussed in depth already.

mcmlxxvi
08-01-13, 09:18
TS buying for own stay or investment?

pod
08-01-13, 10:17
1bdrm approx 888k

16 @ Amber FH
2bdrm 1.1 mio

Sycamore tree apartment
Px not available.

Thanks

TSH location is good. Why? go look at map at the surroundings, you will notice that its near to everythg, gd public transport, shopping, eateries, cinema, banks etc etc.

Look at the point of view as an expat? will u rent this place?

Dun worry too much abt traffic congestion etc etc. A ppty with good points for amenities/facilities/transport/schools etc will definately have some heavy traffic at some minutes in a day so we all have to accept this little inconvenience.

If u look at the 'not announced' mrt lines for this area, can you imagine if the price will shoot up even higher?

Is there any sites in katong/parkway/i12 vicinity (500m?) with a massive project any sooner?

LH is a factor i suppose, but at least u knw u get a fresh 103yr lease (i duno when it starts) so you know for sure as a 1st owner u get the full lease :D

Buy ppty is a biggest thing at least for me. I recommend you take a stroll along the site at the busiest time of the day? feel the vibrancy of this area then make a choice. All the best :cheers4:

Cupcakes
08-01-13, 11:22
It is not a question of whether at fault or not. It is a question of attitude and attribute of a person.

If u look into this forum under D15, u just need to spend less than 2 minutes, (only 1 min for me) u will find at least 2 out of the 3 projects were discussed in depth already.

ya, i have been reading. i dont even know what is strata and duno g what f. Google also don't understand. :simmering: All the condo looks the same to me. The only difference is only the price. :beats-me-man: I don't drive, I can't even remember road name. There are many places in Singapore where I don't even go. The last time i went to the West area will be like > 5 years ago. Yishun, Woodlands > 3 years back. I do not have any friends to discuss with me, only agent friends. I can't ask my family for opinon too :(

Cupcakes
08-01-13, 11:23
TS buying for own stay or investment?hello, i'm buying for own stay and possible capital appreciation. Thanks

mcmlxxvi
08-01-13, 12:03
From what u have shared, it will help if u could share more like if you need to be near good schools, any preference for environment like convenience, entertainment, quiet or bustling and how long u intend to hold etcetc

Will help us to give more meaningful suggestions

Cupcakes
08-01-13, 12:52
From what u have shared, it will help if u could share more like if you need to be near good schools, any preference for environment like convenience, entertainment, quiet or bustling and how long u intend to hold etcetc

Will help us to give more meaningful suggestions
Hi, i'm single and buying for own stay. i have around $230k cash for dp only, including of stamp duty. I'm looking for capital appreciation and not so much of rental yield for now. To be honest, I'm really clueless of what I want.

eng81157
08-01-13, 13:37
Hi, i'm single and buying for own stay. i have around $230k cash for dp only, including of stamp duty. I'm looking for capital appreciation and not so much of rental yield for now. To be honest, I'm really clueless of what I want.

setting aside $30k for stamp duties, you can aim for a unit up to about $900k+ (if we assume you are taking a reno loan to spruce up the place).

you are spoilt with choices if looking for 1 or 2BR. just have to do your homework and look at what your needs are - for family? for kids? planning to stay single?

hopeful
08-01-13, 14:32

are you a girl btw?
if you are one, why dont you join forces with Roly8? he is single too, own a business, hardworking chap and has savings of $300k.

zeamybro
08-01-13, 15:49

Yeps, besides your budget, you need to identify what are the main criteria when selecting your dream home. For eg.

1) Must it be near amenities/food centre/ parkway parade? (some dont like the human/traffic crowds)
2) Must it be walking distance to the beach?
3) Do you drive or you need to be near public transport? (some dont like to be too near the main roads)
4) Big projects with full condo facilities?
5) Small private apartment (likely to be quieter)?
6) Must it be brand new ie. BUC?
7) LH or FH?

If you dont mind resale, you may wish to play around with the search function on propertyguru, look at the listings that are within your budget. Shortlist a few and arrange with agents for viewings. Get to experience the units/projects yourself and you should be able to decide better.

Shanhz
08-01-13, 15:53
are you a girl btw?
if you are one, why dont you join forces with Roly8? he is single too, own a business, hardworking chap and has savings of $300k.

aiyo bro... join forces mean what? :sleep:

Cupcakes
08-01-13, 16:06
Yeps, besides your budget, you need to identify what are the main criteria when selecting your dream home. For eg.

1) Must it be near amenities/food centre/ parkway parade? (some dont like the human/traffic crowds)
3) Do you drive or you need to be near public transport? (some dont like to be too near the main roads)
7) LH or FH?

If you dont mind resale, you may wish to play around with the search function on propertyguru, look at the listings that are within your budget. Shortlist a few and arrange with agents for viewings. Get to experience the units/projects yourself and you should be able to decide better.

hi, a lot of the advertisement listed are not real. I just want to stay near or walking distance to MRT station.

no preference
Not necessary
Prefer to be near MRT station
I'm ok with either one
no preference
Prefer BUC, as i still have one mortgage to clear
7) LH or FH?
Prefers FH

Cheers!

Cupcakes
08-01-13, 16:07
are you a girl btw?
you never ask for my age. perhaps i'm old enough be his mother :D

eng81157
08-01-13, 16:09
hi, a lot of the advertisement listed are not real. I just want to stay near or walking distance to MRT station.

no preference
Not necessary
Prefer to be near MRT station
I'm ok with either one
no preference
Prefer BUC, as i still have one mortgage to clear
7) LH or FH?
Prefers FH

Cheers!

eh......my advise is do your homework.....go look at kembangan or telok kurau

preference is to be near MRT but the shore & amber aren't even near one.......:banghead: :banghead:

Cupcakes
08-01-13, 16:18
eh......my advise is do your homework.....go look at kembangan or telok kurau

preference is to be near MRT but the shore & amber aren't even near one.......:banghead: :banghead:
no idea why i doesn't like the above mentioned places. TK 1 bdrm was only going for 300k plus 3 years back, i will not be buying it at 2x 3x the prices now. i prefer katong, east coast or parkway area esp of the upcoming mrt project although unsure of the exact location yet. There are many direct buses going to Orchard and Raffles, so i assume it is very convenient.

mcmlxxvi
08-01-13, 16:22
Upside potential in D15 yet near mrt, u r limited to only those projects yet launched and also near suspected ERL stations. Visit onemap.com.sg to take your pic on those indicated U/C or with unsold units according to URA site.

Cupcakes
08-01-13, 16:36
Upside potential in D15 yet near mrt, u r limited to only those projects yet launched and also near suspected ERL stations. Visit onemap.com.sg to take your pic on those indicated U/C or with unsold units according to URA site.
Thank u very much. And plus near bus stop n atas location :D

zeamybro
08-01-13, 16:50
Ya currently the katong area doesnt have MRT yet. If you were to buy a unit there now, likely you gonna suffer from the inconveniences caused by the MRT constructions for quite a number of years. Frankly speaking, I dont really see a critical need for MRT at katong because there are so many buses that can bring you to town (and other parts of sg). But of cos once the MRT is up the prices will also go up :D

You may wish to consider Coralis (1br subsale at around 800k, FH, next to I12, and likely near to future MRT).

Otherwise further away at D14, Waterbank (1br subsale at around 800K, LH, near to food centre and NTUC supermarket, 1min to MRT, even nearer to town).

price
08-01-13, 16:53
support FG buy their unsold Suites @ East Coast PHes

mcmlxxvi
08-01-13, 17:14
support FG buy their unsold Suites @ East Coast PHes

Price price, i saw people viewing last Sunday when i passed by.....

okacin
08-01-13, 19:39
D15 - Coralis
D14 - Esta Ruby

Huat ah!! haha...:D