PDA

View Full Version : Opinion - Hillview

yowetan
30-12-12, 10:47
Hi all...please offer your opinion in Hillview area. Is this a good place for stay/investment/others?

All your XX cent worth of opinion(s) and view(s) are appreciated. TIA.

flagship74
30-12-12, 10:51
Hi all...please offer your opinion in Hillview area. Is this a good place for stay/investment/others?

bad...:2cents:

yowetan
30-12-12, 10:56
bad...:2cents:

Hi. Thanks for being the first input.

Please kindly shed more light on why Hillview area is classified under bad category. TIA.

CondoInterested
30-12-12, 10:58
bad...:2cents:at least it is not "worse" or "worst" (positive thinking) :D

one word doesn't tell or convince or convey anything. pls elaborate.

mcmlxxvi
30-12-12, 10:59
Easy, just look at govt plans to spruce up or rejuvenate the area or vicinity.

If there's nothing, best not to go in.

However, short of the above, if FEO is one of the first mover in the area, you can more or less be sure there is upside if there are unrealised GLS nearby.

That's all the change I have in my pocket.

CondoInterested
30-12-12, 10:59

So now it's Sinai and Hillview?

yowetan
30-12-12, 11:02
Easy, just look at govt plans to spruce up or rejuvenate the area or vicinity.

If there's nothing, best not to go in.

However, short of the above, if FEO is one of the first mover in the area, you can more or less be sure there is upside if there are unrealised GLS nearby.

That's all the change I have in my pocket.

Hi.. Thanks for spending the remaining changes in your pocket to share your view(s) in Hillview area.

I am unsure of the upside but the emerging of nearby Eco Santuary, with chestnut drive vicinity somehow will congest the area.

minority
30-12-12, 11:02
not good coz its not mt senile .

yowetan
30-12-12, 11:03
So now it's Sinai and Hillview?

Hi.. I am only keen in Mt Sinai.

The reason why I raise Hillview area because I feel it is somehow neglected when so much attention falls on Punggol, Sengkang, Bishan, Tenan Merah and West coast these days.

yowetan
30-12-12, 11:04

I cannot find Mt Senile in Singapore map, though there is a Mt Sinai in the central Singapore map.

roly8
30-12-12, 11:14

LOL!!! :D:D:D:D:D

pwn this yowetan more! :cheers5:

phantom_opera
30-12-12, 11:16
Hillview will huat if railroad is the 3rd IR lol

Allthepies
30-12-12, 11:19
Rental is suppressed with many condo there but little job near it

mcmlxxvi
30-12-12, 11:19
Hillview will huat if railroad is the 3rd IR lol

Obviously you didn't read my CaeSars story very deeply...

Ever heard of cashino roulette on rail? LOL

CondoInterested
30-12-12, 12:26
Hillview's appeal, was / is / soon will not be, of it's quietness, which is the reason a lot of private property seekers looking for in general (not restricted to Hillview only).

If crowds are brought there due to all the many new developments and MRT, it will lose it's appeal.

Up till now, Hillview property upside is rather conservative compare to other areas, rental rather stable and reasonable for both tenants and landlords.

Do not have a crystal ball to know what will happen in the future.

yowetan
30-12-12, 12:31
Hillview's appeal, was / is / soon will not be, of it's quietness, which is the reason a lot of private property seekers looking for in general (not restricted to Hillview only).

If crowds are brought there due to all the many new developments and MRT, it will lose it's appeal.

Up till now, Hillview property upside is rather conservative compare to other areas, rental rather stable and reasonable for both tenants and landlords.

Do not have a crystal ball to know what will happen in the future.

Hi..thanks for pointing out the conservative and serene perspective; in this aspect how do you see it comparing to Mt Sinai area where the latter is also very near to Buona Vista/Holland V and relatively nearer to the city but also greenary and quiet?

Further to the above query, what do you think of hillview area which is a distant away to the Hiller and the DTL Hillview station, i.e. Lam Soon building area/Hillview Avenue notably the Lanai (FE0) project. Will that be good enough to steer clear from the anticipated crowd if there is any from year 2015 when the project(s) [MRT and Hillier] completes?

Regulators
30-12-12, 13:50
at current prices, hillview has lousy yield

slepland
30-12-12, 16:35
LOL!!! :D:D:D:D:D

pwn this yowetan more! :cheers5:

No point advising. Can he afford?? tek kor view (bamboo pole view) maybe can lah...
:cheers5:

radha08
30-12-12, 18:05
Rental is suppressed with many condo there but little job near it

Unlike geylang many job but little condo...maybe
Lot of condoms....
:D

yowetan
30-12-12, 18:17
at current prices, hillview has lousy yield

Hi..If we see it from the other angle - the price of Hillview is still remains "afforable", "reasonable" and competitive comparing to other housings/private properties in other part of the island?

yowetan
30-12-12, 18:18
No point advising. Can he afford?? tek kor view (bamboo pole view) maybe can lah...
:cheers5:

Hi..looking it in a positive note - Bamboo pole view is a projectile view to future opportunitie(s).

Regulators
30-12-12, 18:49
if you don't mind 3% rental yield or less, you can invest in hillview
Hi..If we see it from the other angle - the price of Hillview is still remains "afforable", "reasonable" and competitive comparing to other housings/private properties in other part of the island?

lajia
30-12-12, 19:02
i agree that due to lack of infrastructures and yet pricing on a high side, yield is bad. for own stay and if u like nature and dont mind location, go upper thomson better.
the main road connecting hillview and the upper bukit timah area has been constructing for the last 10 yrs if i remember correctly. i want to eat a bowl of noodle at night also difficult eh, limited choice...traffic no good especially morning peak hr...
if you talk about upside, everywhere also potential, look at yishun, woodland, bukit panjang, etc.

just my opinion, No for hillview. but i wont be surprise they might be announcing something for the west and north west soon :D :2cents:

yowetan
30-12-12, 19:43
i agree that due to lack of infrastructures and yet pricing on a high side, yield is bad. for own stay and if u like nature and dont mind location, go upper thomson better.
the main road connecting hillview and the upper bukit timah area has been constructing for the last 10 yrs if i remember correctly. i want to eat a bowl of noodle at night also difficult eh, limited choice...traffic no good especially morning peak hr...
if you talk about upside, everywhere also potential, look at yishun, woodland, bukit panjang, etc.

just my opinion, No for hillview. but i wont be surprise they might be announcing something for the west and north west soon :D :2cents:

Hi...noted your observation on the connecting junction.

yowetan
30-12-12, 19:44

Hi Regulators, would you mind elaborate or showing an example of how you derive the above yield rate?

If it is for own stay - Is it a good buy, minus away investment intent.

henryhk
30-12-12, 20:29
Wen the Bukit timah downtown line is up in 2015, it will be v convenient. Next year gov will announce the next 5 year master plan and railway line future use.......smart investors will wait for the potential of tis neglected region.

danntbt
30-12-12, 21:07
Wen the Bukit timah downtown line is up in 2015, it will be v convenient. Next year gov will announce the next 5 year master plan and railway line future use.......smart investors will wait for the potential of tis neglected region.
.....when you see the potential, it would be already too late....seems like developers are holding back their launches in the area.

teddybear
30-12-12, 21:45
Many broadcasting antennas & transmission stations around there...
Heard some people got health issues, after moved away disappeared, not sure whether got to do with all these stations?

flagship74
31-12-12, 08:19
Heard some people got health issues, after moved away disappeared, not sure whether got to do with all these stations?

more or less marbe..:scared-4:

roly8
31-12-12, 08:34

really?
but condo can't be so near there right?

or you mean the 'tramission wave' flowing around that area?

CondoInterested
31-12-12, 08:52
Sinai is also a quiet place. As your topic is HV, so did not comment about Sinai.

On one side you have Dover and BV MRT and buses at the nearest, on the other side you also have buses. convenient and quiet. But looking at the rates the HDB at GM and Dover are coming up, maybe more EC or PC coming up, it may soon lose it's quiet appeal.

I think Singapore will soon not have anymore quiet place to live. :D

The 2 towers are AM, FM, HF, UHF (namely, radio, TV include analogue and digital TV signals, any modification for other purpose remains to be seen). No concrete evidence that they are harmful as all this signal are always around, the only difference is those around us are weaker compare to the stations. There is also no concrete conclusions by experts that how far away from stations that the signal strength is comparable to those we usually expose in area where there is no stations (which are also by no means safe).

Those staying around Caldecott by no means lack of stations too. Those around camps (including the one near HV) are also no lack of transmitting devices.

Your people also should know where Caldecott will be moving to, not very far from Sinai too. :D

Nearer to your own home, did you people read the safety manual of your WiFi routers, you will be worried if you read it. :D

The worst are those near GSM, WCDMA (mobile phones) stations, even your own mobile phone, those mobile phone around you can cause harm to us too.

teddybear
31-12-12, 09:13
The intensity and strength of radiation makes a hell lot of a difference!

It is like if you consume insecticides in small amount that are residue in vegetables, your body can de-toxify and so not much harm. However, if you try to consume insecticides in large quantity you will die almost immediately :scared-1:
If you consume an amount in between, then you will die a slow death! :scared-3:

You can apply the above to the scenario below between using devices for receiving and being so close to the transmission stations that are transmitting 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!! :p

Oh by the way, I use cable at home and avoid wi-fi :D
I always use ear-phone when using mobile phone... :ashamed1:

Sinai is also a quiet place. As your topic is HV, so did not comment about Sinai.

On one side you have Dover and BV MRT and buses at the nearest, on the other side you also have buses. convenient and quiet. But looking at the rates the HDB at GM and Dover are coming up, maybe more EC or PC coming up, it may soon lose it's quiet appeal.

I think Singapore will soon not have anymore quiet place to live. :D

The 2 towers are AM, FM, HF, UHF (namely, radio, TV include analogue and digital TV signals, any modification for other purpose remains to be seen). No concrete evidence that they are harmful as all this signal are always around, the only difference is those around us are weaker compare to the stations. There is also no concrete conclusions by experts that how far away from stations that the signal strength is comparable to those we usually expose in area where there is no stations (which are also by no means safe).

Those staying around Caldecott by no means lack of stations too. Those around camps (including the one near HV) are also no lack of transmitting devices.

Your people also should know where Caldecott will be moving to, not very far from Sinai too. :D

Nearer to your own home, did you people read the safety manual of your WiFi routers, you will be worried if you read it. :D

The worst are those near GSM, WCDMA (mobile phones) stations, even your own mobile phone, those mobile phone around you can cause harm to us too.

roly8
31-12-12, 09:17
Oh by the way, I use cable at home and avoid wi-fi :D

wifi got so jialat ?
:o

pod
31-12-12, 09:42
buy HV only if u think

1) u like to stay there
2) that there's potential of further interesting developments in the area
3) new transport operators there
4) u can take some risk

If u think that the above points dun convince u, then maybe u shd consider other areas:D

teddybear
31-12-12, 11:11
Not really but trying to reduce all these radiations at home when we are already exposed outside.
Wi-fi is Ok, safer than putting the mobile phone to your ears & brain and speak for an hour! :p
There are some scientific studies linking memory loss to prolonged usage of mobile phone without using ear-phone! When use ear-phone effect becomes much much less. ;)

wifi got so jialat ?
:o

gfoo
31-12-12, 11:22
tedy's comments made me quickly check google earth - coz i'm a captain planet schizo.

the bukit timah hill towers are about 2km away from the dairy farm and hillview areas, 1.7km from binjai/hua guan, 1km from bt timah plaza area.

then i saw right behind hume there was one more tower tagged radio and television tower which i think teddy was referring to. that's 70m-100m to hume, 800m to hillview. there's even a tower at dempsey hill.

cellphone base stations are the worst. those who play audio equipment typically have a cheap emf gauge that is sometimes used in equipment placement. when starhub installed their new base station at the Sail, my readings spiked - not dangerously so but noticeably so... dun pray pray

henryhk
31-12-12, 11:28
Property investment is buy unappreciated area bfo price get jack up, ...Summerhill was at 900 psf last year, tis year is at above 1100 psf, next year will be 1300 psf, 'echelon effect', 'railway development effect', 'mrt effect'....Other noises are just 'noises'....

roly8
31-12-12, 11:35
tedy's comments made me quickly check google earth - coz i'm a captain planet schizo.

the bukit timah hill towers are about 2km away from the dairy farm and hillview areas, 1.7km from binjai/hua guan, 1km from bt timah plaza area.

then i saw right behind hume there was one more tower tagged radio and television tower which i think teddy was referring to. that's 70m-100m to hume, 800m to hillview. there's even a tower at dempsey hill.

cellphone base stations are the worst. those who play audio equipment typically have a cheap emf gauge that is sometimes used in equipment placement. when starhub installed their new base station at the Sail, my readings spiked - not dangerously so but noticeably so... dun pray pray

OMG!!!
i never know bukit timah area is so near the tower!
:o:o

thx for sharing.

zzz1
31-12-12, 12:54

Of course la, all those are rich man gauges staying in rich man area..:D :D

whoh757
31-12-12, 15:09
Hillview is a quiet, nature area, fresh air. Not the most covenient and with some mosquitos and occasional monkeys depending on how near u are to the reserve! The largest area in the west side that is freehold tenure (apart from Carabelle area). .

gfoo
31-12-12, 15:24
Of course la, all those are rich man gauges staying in rich man area..:D :D

a gauge is $25 nia - you dun need to be rich

yowetan
31-12-12, 18:59
Hi all...good information and view(s) from all participation. Keep it coming and have a holistic discussion on this sleepy enclave. TIA.

samuelk
31-12-12, 20:32
u can try to google. I believe Prop Nex CEO was quite postive about hillview back in 2010.

If u take a snapshot of that as a very early trend spotting, 2 years later, its still under the radar.

Not sure if the demographic has change. But value for money 99 vs 999 for some of the older development, most have gone for the new development.

yowetan
31-12-12, 20:59
u can try to google. I believe Prop Nex CEO was quite postive about hillview back in 2010.

If u take a snapshot of that as a very early trend spotting, 2 years later, its still under the radar.

Not sure if the demographic has change. But value for money 99 vs 999 for some of the older development, most have gone for the new development.

I think the current trend is - every household/buyer(s) would prefer new development.

dare2
05-01-13, 05:38
Based on the optimistic bids by developers for land in the vicinity, potentially this area which is just a bit further away from Bt Timah minus the flooding issue with predominantly private housing with lots of greeneries should have pretty strong demand. Once DTL is completed, it has one of the best connection to other areas as DTL intersects the Circle line and NS Line at Botanic Gdn and Newton. It is also near the expressway minus the noise issue. JLD is also not too far away....likewise various tertiary institutions....

Its really comical that there are so much concern about the various signal towers......there should be many people dropping dead around the area already if what is said is true....and it should be worse for those working at the signal station?

dare2
05-01-13, 05:55
HOW SAFE IS THE RADIOFREQUENCY RADIATION EMITTED BY RADIO AND TELEVISION BROADCASTING ANTENNAS? "Radio and television broadcast stations transmit their signals via RF electromagnetic waves. These signals can be a significant source of RF energy in the environment since there are currently over 11,000 radio and TV stations on the air in the United States. Broadcast stations transmit at various RF frequencies, depending on the channel, ranging from about 550 kHz for AM radio up to about 800 MHz for some UHF television stations. Frequencies for FM radio and VHF television lie in between these two extremes. "Ground-level intensities of the RF electromagnetic fields resulting from broadcast transmissions depend on several factors, including the type of station, design characteristics of the antenna being used, power transmitted to the antenna, height of the antenna, and distance from the antenna. Calculations can be performed to predict what field intensity levels would exist at various distances from an antenna. Since energy at some frequencies is absorbed by the human body more readily than energy at other frequencies, the existence of a possible hazard would depend on the frequency of the transmitted signal as well as the intensity. "Public access to broadcasting antennas is normally restricted so that individuals cannot be exposed to high-level fields that might exist near an antenna. Measurements made by EPA and others (References 15 and 19) have shown that RF radiation levels in inhabited areas near broadcasting facilities are generally well below levels believed to be hazardous. There have been a few situations around the country where exposure levels have been found to be higher than those recommended by applicable safety standards (e.g., Reference 20). But such cases are relatively rare, and few members of the general public are likely to be routinely exposed to excessive levels of RF radiation from broadcast towers. "In unusual cases where exposure levels pose a problem, there are various steps a broadcast station can take to ensure compliance with safety standards. For example, high-intensity areas could be posted and access to them could be restricted by fencing or other appropriate means. In some cases more drastic measures might have to be considered, such as redesigning an antenna, reducing power, or station relocation. "Maintenance workers are occasionally required to climb antenna structures for such purposes as painting, repairs, or beacon replacement. Both the EPA and OSHA have reported that in these cases it is possible for a worker to be exposed to hazardous levels of RF radiation if work is performed on an active tower or in areas immediately surrounding a radiating antenna (References 21 and 22). Therefore, precautions should be taken to ensure that maintenance personnel are not exposed to hazardous field intensities. Such precautions could include temporarily lowering power levels while work is being performed, having work performed only when the station is not broadcasting, using auxiliary antennas while work is performed on the main antenna, and establishing work procedures that would specify the minimum distance that a worker should maintain from an energized antenna."

Gary H. Zeman, ScD, CHP

yowetan
05-01-13, 08:12
Hi..I think hillview upside is limited.

yowetan
05-01-13, 11:56
Is there any more input(s) regardless positive and/or negative ones?

More holistic views are needed to spur the content for the thread. TIA.

Ringo33
05-01-13, 13:07
with the current price, rental yield at hillview cashew chestnut area are looking really miserable.

Based on URA median rental transaction, most property around that area are commanding around 2.5 to $3 psf rental only. Worst than what condo Jurong West or Jurong East condo is asking.

I think one of the problem with that place is that the roads leading and out of that area are always congested during the morning and evening.

teddybear
05-01-13, 23:46
Reply to your doubts:
1) Those people working at the signal station only work there <= 8 hours a day and say 5 days a week, and away during public holidays, weekend, and when taking leaves, and the buildings at the signal station are usually "shielded" from excess radiation.
On the other hand, houses around the signal station are exposed to radiation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and they are "shielded"!

2) People are not dropping dead, but they may die from a symptom similar to "slow poisoning"! This is even worse!

Based on the optimistic bids by developers for land in the vicinity, potentially this area which is just a bit further away from Bt Timah minus the flooding issue with predominantly private housing with lots of greeneries should have pretty strong demand. Once DTL is completed, it has one of the best connection to other areas as DTL intersects the Circle line and NS Line at Botanic Gdn and Newton. It is also near the expressway minus the noise issue. JLD is also not too far away....likewise various tertiary institutions....

Its really comical that there are so much concern about the various signal towers......there should be many people dropping dead around the area already if what is said is true....and it should be worse for those working at the signal station?

plliuxyh
06-01-13, 17:46
Greetings,
Hillview is enclosed by three hills that are good signs for Chinese. If you can see two upright "trees", it is a blessing for your siblings study. However, you should not live under a "tower", which will compress your luck. However, the math is unusual and complicated. From this viewpoint, hillview is ok but hume ave is compressed.
One day locals will realize hill-view is better than see-view, which is not as clear as in other place. In HK, the most valued perperties are on top of hills.
Most of my UK and US friends chosed to live in this area.

Happy New Year to All!:cheers4:
Plliuxyh

CondoInterested
06-01-13, 20:04
Stay in mountain become mountain tortoise (Hokkien), stay in the hill becomes? Hill tortoise :tongue3:

By the way, tortoise got long life.