PDA

View Full Version : Real income of citizens rose 1%

phantom_opera
28-12-12, 16:31
Real incomes of Singaporeans working in full-time jobs rose 1 per cent this year, Acting Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin revealed in a blog post this afternoon.
These are preliminary figures and include employer Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions.
In 2011, real incomes of citizens grew 1 per cent as well while nominal incomes rose 6.3 per cent.

=> brilliant ... we have real growth of 1% per year .. but he forgot to include loss incurred in CPF OA and bank accounts per citizen after factoring in high inflation

=> so overall ... huge loss ...for those who does not hedge inflation risk :banghead:

same like US middle class ... loss

http://advisorperspectives.com/dshort/charts/census/household-incomes-mean-real.gif

cnud
28-12-12, 16:47
Real incomes of Singaporeans working in full-time jobs rose 1 per cent this year, Acting Manpower Minister Tan Chuan-Jin revealed in a blog post this afternoon.
These are preliminary figures and include employer Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions.
In 2011, real incomes of citizens grew 1 per cent as well while nominal incomes rose 6.3 per cent.

=> brilliant ... we have real growth of 1% per year .. but he forgot to include loss incurred in CPF OA and bank accounts per citizen after factoring in high inflation

=> so overall ... huge loss ...for those who does not hedge inflation risk :banghead:

same like US middle class ... loss

http://advisorperspectives.com/dshort/charts/census/household-incomes-mean-real.gif

Bro, now the greatest challenge is to rage wages. Productivity is the shell.

ikan bilis
28-12-12, 17:33
why are bottom 2 lines so flat for past 45yrs ??... that's 40% of population... :(

and unfortunately, i'm with the orange line.... :banghead:

phantom_opera
28-12-12, 17:37
why are bottom 2 lines so flat for past 45yrs ??... that's 40% of population... :(

brother ... you must count your rental income + paper gain on your existing spare properties lah ... then you should fit into blue one hopefully (i.e. top 20%)

ikan bilis
28-12-12, 17:42
brother ... you must count your rental income + paper gain on your existing spare properties lah ... then you should fit into blue one hopefully (i.e. top 20%)

cannot hit blue line also... purple line only,...
but at least purple line makes me feel much better,... +20% for last 45yrs... ;)

phantom_opera
28-12-12, 17:53
cannot hit blue line also... purple line only,...
but at least purple line makes me feel much better,... +20% for last 45yrs... ;)

wow ... that is <0.5% growth per year? :p

focus
28-12-12, 18:11

Pretty sad from the graph ..
It's very clear the RICH-POOR(Include middle class) divide is widening.

Only the Top Quartile and Top 5% are moving in a slope up..
The rest of the quartiles are actually flatlines.. lol..

Allthepies
28-12-12, 21:13
Pretty sad from the graph ..
It's very clear the RICH-POOR(Include middle class) divide is widening.

Only the Top Quartile and Top 5% are moving in a slope up..
The rest of the quartiles are actually flatlines.. lol..

it is definitely better than all lines sloping down

hyenergix
28-12-12, 21:17
it is definitely better than all lines sloping down

Inflation is actually higher on the ground than official figure, particularly if you buy a house or car. Those in 2nd Quintile and below will feel the effects of inflation more strongly. So in reality they are trending now in terms of purchasing power.

sh
29-12-12, 08:46
This is only for full time employed people, there are plenty of rich or not rich retirees that are not covered here. How will these change the chart?:beats-me-man:

phantom_opera
29-12-12, 09:47
This is only for full time employed people, there are plenty of rich or not rich retirees that are not covered here. How will these change the chart?:beats-me-man:

no point asking it if we are still not within the top quintile (20%)

in SG, it means family income $168k per year (it can come from investment, salary, rental, dividend, business, vices etc), save / invest wisely you can beat inflation just like those top 20% in the chart