PDA

View Full Version : Why many forumers buy OCR instead of CCR?!

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 17:37
I noticed many forumers here bought OCR instead of CCR ... am sure it is not just issue of affordability...care to share why?

august
22-12-12, 18:02
affordability... cannot get the same big space for same price at CCR.

but going forward i dunno, as OCR new launches since 2010 also shranked in sizes. Maybe that's why some people aim JB.

gfoo
22-12-12, 18:08
I noticed many forumers here bought OCR instead of CCR ... am sure it is not just issue of affordability...care to share why?

coz already have ccr mah. sometimes must eat veggie too

mcmlxxvi
22-12-12, 18:09
one ccr can buy 3 ocr.

no brainer when it comes to investment for cashflow.

mcmlxxvi
22-12-12, 18:10
affordability... cannot get the same big space for same price at CCR.

but going forward i dunno, as OCR new launches since 2010 also shranked in sizes. Maybe that's why some people aim JB.

shrank or shrunk. no such word as shranked. :)

roly8
22-12-12, 18:16
Cannot afford CCR .. :(

in fact, me cannot afford 2-3br ocr also :(

gfoo
22-12-12, 18:20
all i can say as a virgin to ocr is that it's freaking scary to buy ocr. it's almost as if normal fundamentals do not exist for buyers in those areas. for eg why are people paying 1200-1300psf to stay next to industrial estates? or 1300-1400psf for places that have an incessant supply of condos coming up? i've even seen people who don't even bargain at property showrooms.

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 18:32
all i can say as a virgin to ocr is that it's freaking scary to buy ocr. it's almost as if normal fundamentals do not exist for buyers in those areas. for eg why are people paying 1200-1300psf to stay next to industrial estates? or 1300-1400psf for places that have an incessant supply of condos coming up? i've even seen people who don't even bargain at property showrooms.

bro gfoo u buy penthouse sure can bargain lah ... if buy 1br/2br it is very hard to bargain with FEO ... but they have referral scheme loh

are u hinting at S* (industrial estate) and T* (non-stop supply) :D but Forestkill also upcoming supply mah

if you say scary buying OCR ... how about buying all the HDBs at 1m or 1.33m?

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 18:35
one ccr can buy 3 ocr.

no brainer when it comes to investment for cashflow.

bro mcm not true lah, Optima 1br 500sqft already 800k ... Cyan freehold 6xxsqft only 1.3m ... ok lah Optima nearer to MRT

that's why I really scratch my head

gfoo
22-12-12, 18:41
bro gfoo u buy penthouse sure can bargain lah ... if buy 1br/2br it is very hard to bargain with FEO ... but they have referral scheme loh

are u hinting at S* (industrial estate) and T* (non-stop supply) :D but Forestkill also upcoming supply mah

if you say scary buying OCR ... how about buying all the HDBs at 1m or 1.33m?

all ocr supply zhui zhui, forestkill also cannot escape lah

Lovelle
22-12-12, 18:42
Waterbank studio rcr still selling below 800k ...oops pee cah secret

chiaberry
22-12-12, 18:44

Not true. Check out the prices for d'Leedon. They could be cheaper than some of the newly launched or launching OCR.

Maybe I blur sotong, but I cannot get the floor plans of d'Leedon. I am not looking to buy hor, just kp.

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 18:46
another potential reason could be CCR lacking of new launches so attention diverted

marketing engine full power at OCR

mcmlxxvi
22-12-12, 19:02
another potential reason could be CCR lacking of new launches so attention diverted

marketing engine full power at OCR

let every region have their turn in the limelight la!

like some bro said, sg is so small, the whole dam* island is a city

we need to have a macro view like the foreign investors. can't be 井底蛙

henryhk
22-12-12, 20:17
Singaporeans buy condo like go wet market buy vegetables, must be cheap and good, fresh, and eg Bukit timah and chua chu Kang also not v far away, so if cheaper by alot , kaka wack cck! Some more mrt so convenient, and shopping at doorstep!! Why die die must pay tru ur nose for orchard road condos!!!

leesg123
22-12-12, 21:45
Singaporeans buy condo like go wet market buy vegetables, must be cheap and good, fresh, and eg Bukit timah and chua chu Kang also not v far away, so if cheaper by alot , kaka wack cck! Some more mrt so convenient, and shopping at doorstep!! Why die die must pay tru ur nose for orchard road condos!!!
Its like buying bag from Charles & Keith vs a bag from Hermes. Both are bags. It is the prestige. if orchard condo has same psf (&price) as a condo at tanah merah or cck who in their right mind will buy tanah merah or cck.

proud owner
22-12-12, 22:22
Its like buying bag from Charles & Keith vs a bag from Hermes. Both are bags. It is the prestige. if orchard condo has same psf (&price) as a condo at tanah merah or cck who in their right mind will buy tanah merah or cck.

Exactly

I also cannot understand.

My first condo was a LH in cck area.
When mkt started to move up in 2006 cck barely moved. Took many more years to register any increase in psf

I dunno this time round is it still going to be like that

East Lover
22-12-12, 22:51
As MM King said, 3M factors :rolleyes:

If got mall, mrt, MM in far far away north east, also can sell sky high.

We can only buy one for the own stay, the rest, have to look for rental yield and capital appreciation potential.

Can't only see the psf, must see the quantum and the layout design. Few years back big layout come with baywindows everywhere, even in toilet, end up we have to pay more for the actual livable space. :(

star
22-12-12, 23:42
It is more on which district u are in and whether the district got future development coming or not. CCK also got mrt, mall but condo near it price are not high.

mcmlxxvi
23-12-12, 07:37
Exactly

When mkt started to move up in 2006 cck barely moved. Took many more years to register any increase in psf

cck definitely has potential to go much higher. hold is recommended......

roly8
23-12-12, 07:43
Not true. Check out the prices for d'Leedon. They could be cheaper than some of the newly launched or launching OCR.

Maybe I blur sotong, but I cannot get the floor plans of d'Leedon. I am not looking to buy hor, just kp.

me don't like d'leedon :(

amk
23-12-12, 08:41
Those who bought OCR since 2011 has yet to really made a profit, take note of this.
On paper , you see selling px of new OCR projects is going higher and higher, this pushes many ordinary sporeans enter this game. OCR pties have lower quantum, the easiest to enter.
Come 2015 when most of them are completed, 4y SSD is over, you will see if any capital gain to be made.

chestnut
23-12-12, 08:55
Those who bought OCR since 2011 has yet to really made a profit, take note of this.
On paper , you see selling px of new OCR projects is going higher and higher, this pushes many ordinary sporeans enter this game. OCR pties have lower quantum, the easiest to enter.
Come 2015 when most of them are completed, 4y SSD is over, you will see if any capital gain to be made.

Bro, 2011 I think no props went up leh? OCR, RCR, CCR...

Those 2010 then make money....

roly8
23-12-12, 08:59
play only when you are savvy investor..

don't anyhow jump in.. :o

East Lover
23-12-12, 09:00
It is more on which district u are in and whether the district got future development coming or not. CCK also got mrt, mall but condo near it price are not high.
One key thing is easy to rent out MM. cck no big biz park correct?

mcmlxxvi
23-12-12, 09:10

competition will b supertight, unless FT tap loosen even more then

roly8
23-12-12, 09:11
competition will b supertight, unless FT tap loosen even more then

my take is you will still have tenant but rental income will drop la ...
:o

mcmlxxvi
23-12-12, 09:13

dear boy, as gd as not saying anything rite, u rent condo whole unit 1k of coz tenants will b queueing up duhz

mcmlxxvi
23-12-12, 09:16

ey btw handsome, now that we all seen Travis handsome face, can i know and for the sake of all eligible meimei here lurking to find golden turtle,

are u more handsome than him?

roly8
23-12-12, 09:23
wah lao..
u think i expose laguna's son is it?
:doh::doh:

Rosy
23-12-12, 09:55
It will be interesting to see the prices of punggol projects after 4years.

amk
23-12-12, 10:01
Bro, 2011 I think no props went up leh? OCR, RCR, CCR...

Those 2010 then make money....

Actually many resale went up from 2011, both in CCR and OCR.
It's the OCR new sales that have their upside at risk.
CCR today is by and large 2007 level unchanged.
In 2015, the new CCR competitions will be practically the same as today, since nothing is launched these 2 yrs; whereas new OCR competitions will be far severe, because every new launch today is in OCR, and for a foreseeable next 2 yrs, more OCR new launches to come.
Granted there are some strategic OCR bright spots deliberately created by gov (Jurong) which should have growth for real, many other OCR hotspots today are really, self proclaimed. For example, just because FEO created a small shopping center, suddenly Seletar is an up market convenient residential enclave ?

Rosy
23-12-12, 10:07
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12748718/for-sale-ridgewood-condominium

Any comments?

chestnut
23-12-12, 10:23
This is the law of relativity..... When marina bay go up, Keppel area will go up next, then Pasir Panjang, then clementi, then so and so....

It started with CCR in 2005/6.... Before it moved to rcr, it got hit by Lehman... After Lehman, it started with hdb.... And moved upward to OCR (thru upgrades and relativity), so it was an upward path in 08/09 onwards...

It has a lot to do with 'foreigners' renting OCR more and more.... There are many other reasons...not everything can be share in a few words. Hahahaha

I beg to differ and I have my reasoning.... Many have ignored the OCRs, but the real growth over the last couple of years were the OCRs and RCRs...

Cheers....

Actually many resale went up from 2011, both in CCR and OCR.
It's the OCR new sales that have their upside at risk.
CCR today is by and large 2007 level unchanged.
In 2015, the new CCR competitions will be practically the same as today, since nothing is launched these 2 yrs; whereas new OCR competitions will be far severe, because every new launch today is in OCR, and for a foreseeable next 2 yrs, more OCR new launches to come.
Granted there are some strategic OCR bright spots deliberately created by gov (Jurong) which should have growth for real, many other OCR hotspots today are really, self proclaimed. For example, just because FEO created a small shopping center, suddenly Seletar is an up market convenient residential enclave ?

Rosy
23-12-12, 10:39
This is the law of relativity..... When marina bay go up, Keppel area will go up next, then Pasir Panjang, then clementi, then so and so....

It started with CCR in 2005/6.... Before it moved to rcr, it got hit by Lehman... After Lehman, it started with hdb.... And moved upward to OCR (thru upgrades and relativity), so it was an upward path in 08/09 onwards...

It has a lot to do with 'foreigners' renting OCR more and more.... There are many other reasons...not everything can be share in a few words. Hahahaha

I beg to differ and I have my reasoning.... Many have ignored the OCRs, but the real growth over the last couple of years were the OCRs and RCRs...

Cheers....
Sounded like a forum member who had disappeared.

Not trying to expose anyone. No names included.

star
23-12-12, 12:53
I agree with chestnut.
And CCR is also indeed too expensive. To get a 1200sqft u need about $2m or more. How many can u buy? U maybe able to buy 2 OCR condo.

focus
23-12-12, 13:10
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12748718/for-sale-ridgewood-condominium

Any comments?

Oh my GODD!!

672,000++ of 999yrs land in D10 and only houses 500+ units but built in 1981.

But quite a few selling at that price.. why is it so? Is it coz it's undergoing enbloc?

Any advise on whether this is a good buy ?

Yowetan, your mount sinai ..

chiaberry
23-12-12, 13:23
Ridgewood will not go en bloc easily. The last time they tried (before Lehman), they got less than 50% of votes. Even if they got enough votes, the land is so big, it will give most developers indigestion. You may have to wait some decades before prices go up high enough and the estate runs down enough to make it worthwhile to go en bloc.

chestnut
23-12-12, 13:35
An example of relativity.

Kopitiam caused the rise of store rental in coffee shops. Acceptance was all that was required.

Reits caused shopping centre rental to go up. Acceptance cam into play.

Starbucks caused ya kun to price mid level. Acceptance once achieve meant good biz.... Some things can not be explained. Hahahahaha. Many other reasons. Think !!!!

Cheers

Oh btw, I am not advocating OCR or any other region. Do your own homework.

mcmlxxvi
23-12-12, 13:37
An example of relativity.

Kopitiam caused the rise of store rental in coffee shops. Acceptance was all that was required.

Reits caused shopping centre rental to go up. Acceptance cam into play.

Starbucks caused ya kun to price mid level. Acceptance once achieve meant good biz.... Some things can not be explained. Hahahahaha. Many other reasons. Think !!!!

Cheers

Oh btw, I am not advocating OCR or any other region. Do your own homework.

but MM still many not accepted,,,,, lol

chestnut
23-12-12, 13:47
but MM still many not accepted,,,,, lol

MM is the way to go.... If u go Australia, New York, all the metro places... Many singles now buying to stay, buy to rent... Many cannot see... I do...

mcmlxxvi
23-12-12, 14:21
MM is the way to go.... If u go Australia, New York, all the metro places... Many singles now buying to stay, buy to rent... Many cannot see... I do...

ur words have lots of weight here,,,, :cheers5:

chestnut
23-12-12, 18:09
ur words have lots of weight here,,,, :cheers5:

Brudder, I not here to influence... I here to share, share and learn, learn....

You look at cosmopolitan areas and u will know where we will be in the future.

Douk
23-12-12, 19:18
When a huge flock of sheeps move in one direction, it is not due to the greener pasture at other side, it is the effort of the sheep dog. :2cents:

phantom_opera
23-12-12, 22:31
When a huge flock of sheeps move in one direction, it is not due to the greener pasture at other side, it is the effort of the sheep dog. :2cents:
Good analogy, Who is the sheep dog bro Douk? Many sheep dogs not just one lol

Rosy
23-12-12, 22:36
It is better to be herd and follow the big fish when we are just a nobody.

rattydrama
23-12-12, 23:44
Exactly

i think its different now as there are so much happenigs in Jurong East which is just few train stops away. The entry price was low 24 months ago. Anyone who had bought anything then is reaping profits now. :D

rattydrama
23-12-12, 23:46
cck definitely has potential to go much higher. hold is recommended......

too bad that there are not many mm units here.

teddybear
24-12-12, 00:12
How about Bukit Timah area around Steven Road only about 2 km from Orchard (albeit resale older units) selling cheaper than Tanah Merah new launch & yet so many buying Tanah Merah? Who are those not in their right mind? Don't tell us because new launch is new because anybody who really want to invest for long term will know after a few years the property will become old anyway (if want to invest & hold for long term)... :p

Douk
24-12-12, 06:22
Good analogy, Who is the sheep dog bro Douk? Many sheep dogs not just one lol
Sheepdog is a tool, there may be many. Like marketing materials, expert's view from internet forum / newspaper/ analysts.
Shepherd set the direction, developers, governments, belongs to these category.

:2cents:

Shanhz
24-12-12, 08:07

affordability is relative to how much loan u want to get

chestnut
24-12-12, 08:14
affordability is relative to how much loan u want to get

Brudder, I understand how Roly8 feel... It is like at the swimming pool. You watch everyone just jump into the pool like nobody biz.... You dont know how to swim, you scared you jump in and you drown... But the saying is, if you dont jump in, how to swim??? 80% jump in and can swim, 20% may drown...(of course we have the luxury of a life guard - and if the life guard is a chio bu, Roly8 will definitely jump in... Hahahaha).
In the case of the property, there is no "lifeguard".... So I do understand... He can afford with his "back-up funds", but the fear is beyond comprehension, so he will only jump in when the pool says 1.2m, unless of course he is a "hobit". So, Roly8, I understand....

Cheers

:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

Shanhz
24-12-12, 08:17
Brudder, I understand how Roly8 feel... It is like at the swimming pool. You watch everyone just jump into the pool like nobody biz.... You dont know how to swim, you scared you jump in and you drown... But the saying is, if you dont jump in, how to swim??? 80% jump in and can swim, 20% may drown...(of course we have the luxury of a life guard - and if the life guard is a chio bu, Roly8 will definitely jump in... Hahahaha).
In the case of the property, there is no "lifeguard".... So I do understand... He can afford with his "back-up funds", but the fear is beyond comprehension, so he will only jump in when the pool says 1.2m, unless of course he is a "hobit". So, Roly8, I understand....

Cheers

not that i advocate buy or dun buy. i was on his side of the fence until very recently. till now, i still dunno if i made the right choice. if you remember, i am more bear than bull.

actually if i rem correct, bro roly is biz owner in IT biz. for the biz owner, your own biz is the best place to invest into, because you have full control (well, relatively lah).

until the point when your biz grown big enuff and you have enuff funds, then you diversify (or rather, turn into wealth preservation mode) and go into ppty.

chestnut
24-12-12, 08:19
not that i advocate buy or dun buy. i was on his side of the fence until very recently. till now, i still dunno if i made the right choice.

actually if i rem correct, bro roly is biz owner in IT biz. for the biz owner, your own biz is the best place to invest into, because you have full control (well, relatively lah).

until the point when your biz grown big enuff and you have enuff funds, then you diversify (or rather, turn into wealth preservation mode) and go into ppty.
Brudder, there will always be fear when you enter into UNCHARTERED WATERS.....

The key is "how to overcome this fear"....:scared-4::scared-4::scared-4::scared-4: and wind up with :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Shanhz
24-12-12, 08:21
Brudder, there will always be fear when you enter into UNCHARTERED WATERS.....

The key is "how to overcome this fear"....:scared-4::scared-4::scared-4::scared-4: and wind up with :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yes, of course. i am sure when you bought your first or 2nd ppty, u had the same feeling. of coz now steady pompipi, mindset is different.

so for him, maybe stay in chartered waters better. :D go and build another APPLE miracle lah.

roly8
24-12-12, 08:31

Cheers

bro chestnut still one of my most respected forumers here! :cheers5:

chestnut
24-12-12, 08:33
yes, of course. i am sure when you bought your first or 2nd ppty, u had the same feeling. of coz now steady pompipi, mindset is different.

so for him, maybe stay in chartered waters better. :D go and build another APPLE miracle lah.

Brudder, when I bot my 2nd prop, I steady poom pi pi. I thought I was invincible... Until 1997 came a long... Hahahahahaha, Luckily I still had my job and did much better... But I went thru a lost decade... Hahahaha... My townhouse bot at 1.4Mil dropped to 800K and today last transact was 1.8 Mil. Hahahahaha..... Think how much I would have made if I had bot at (dont say 800K) 1Mil..... So timing is important... Guts is important.... Knowledge is important.... Cash is important...

Question - Most who kanna burnt decided to stay away... But I learnt and told myself - bloody hell, why I made this mistake and how to wiser??? Oh (lightbulb !!!!!) Buy when low... Hahahahha and that was what I did... Got it????

The same applies to stocks... Today many say - I will not go in, my stocks is now worth say 20% of what it was worth :scared-3::eek::scared-5:

But a few years from now... There will be a new generation of investors/speculators of stocks that will bring the stocks to a new high... Remember, learn from mistake !!!!! Dont be afraid... If afraid, call
1800-44678-287837

Shanhz
24-12-12, 08:55
Brudder, when I bot my 2nd prop, I steady poom pi pi. I thought I was invincible... Until 1997 came a long... Hahahahahaha, Luckily I still had my job and did much better... But I went thru a lost decade... Hahahaha... My townhouse bot at 1.4Mil dropped to 800K and today last transact was 1.8 Mil. Hahahahaha..... Think how much I would have made if I had bot at (dont say 800K) 1Mil..... So timing is important... Guts is important.... Knowledge is important.... Cash is important...

Question - Most who kanna burnt decided to stay away... But I learnt and told myself - bloody hell, why I made this mistake and how to wiser??? Oh (lightbulb !!!!!) Buy when low... Hahahahha and that was what I did... Got it????

The same applies to stocks... Today many say - I will not go in, my stocks is now worth say 20% of what it was worth :scared-3::eek::scared-5:

But a few years from now... There will be a new generation of investors/speculators of stocks that will bring the stocks to a new high... Remember, learn from mistake !!!!! Dont be afraid... If afraid, call
1800-44678-287837

wah bro, looks like you also kenah "burnt" before. compared to you, i more kiasi kiasu, scared this scared that. i was old enuff to see (and remember) the last cycle, but too young to go in then. so i have good memory now, and keep being afraid of the next downturn.

so i presume only after you got burnt, u started to study all the population numbers, etc?

but your advice only apply to sgp ppty lah. stocks.. may never come back. if you buy the wrong one.

chestnut
24-12-12, 09:15
wah bro, looks like you also kenah "burnt" before. compared to you, i more kiasi kiasu, scared this scared that. i was old enuff to see (and remember) the last cycle, but too young to go in then. so i have good memory now, and keep being afraid of the next downturn.

so i presume only after you got burnt, u started to study all the population numbers, etc?

but your advice only apply to sgp ppty lah. stocks.. may never come back. if you buy the wrong one.

Brudder, I was young than.... in 1997, I was 32. I was Mr Invincible... Hahaha.... What can go wrong??? Well, I was wrong.... Hahahaha... How many times can a person get it wrong depends on his learning... Thats why, many thot I had it good and yes, it is true - in my life and career... I managed to store lots of ammo and used it during the downturn...

I have been thru UPs and DOWNs... So there is no way in hell, what goes up will never come down... Other then age.

As for stocks, different topic.... I also kanna burnt but now wiser.... Hahahaha.... See - I jack of all trades and master of some...