PDA

View Full Version : Laguna is Mrs Yap

DC33_2008
21-12-12, 19:41
Hi Mrs Yap. Your are on TV today. Wow bought 4 properies in last two years. Your son is 23 year old Travis Yap. :)

hyenergix
21-12-12, 19:46
Lucky son :p

So I guessed correctly that Laguna (Mrs Yap) is a doting mum :D

I think the reporters here PM'ed her for interview (Mrs Yap - pls let me know if I'm correct!)

roly8
21-12-12, 19:55
i knew it!

she is just like east_lover..
so many 'senior' zeh zeh lurking here..
:D:D:D

yowetan
21-12-12, 19:58
It is not nice to interference people's privacy.

phantom_opera
21-12-12, 20:06
Sigh ... would prefer the mystery of Laguna

but it is not hard to deduce that she is a mother from her posts

this forum is good, you can interact with international property investors, CCR old birds, MM king, all kind of experts and people from all kinds of background

cbsh38584
21-12-12, 20:11
It is not nice to interference people's privacy.

You are understanding enough to know not to interference people's privacy. We are just here to share info. Not to Mislead intentionally. Let learn from each other in this forum.

rdgs,
Vic

Laguna
21-12-12, 20:17
What is this about?

buttercarp
21-12-12, 20:25
Last time she was Mdm Soh, now she is Mrs Yap.
She got multiple personalities?

Or is it Mdm Soh married Mr Yap, or what?

LOL :) .

Laguna
21-12-12, 20:28
What is going on?
Why I am now become Mrs Yap?

buttercarp
21-12-12, 20:30
I tot carbuncle was going to reveal something today.
Looks like the attention has shifted to Laguna!

phantom_opera
21-12-12, 20:31
Last time she was Mdm Soh, now she is Mrs Yap.
She got multiple personalities?

I am not interested to verify whether Mdm Soh = Mrs Yap = Laguna or not

What matters is Laguna is willing to share her experiences with us ... this is what the forum is all about

buttercarp
21-12-12, 20:36
I am not interested to verify whether Mdm Soh = Mrs Yap = Laguna or not

What matters is Laguna is willing to share her experiences with us ... this is what the forum is all about

I agree with you!
I want Laguna........

Yup, I don't bother whether she is Mdm so and so or Mrs yup.

Laguna
21-12-12, 20:38
I agree with you!
I want Laguna........

Yup, I don't bother whether she is Mdm so and so or Mrs yup.

hi hi
butter, tell ur husband, I want to date u out....

hyenergix
21-12-12, 20:43
Where is e video? :beats-me-man:

East Lover
21-12-12, 21:20
Where is e video? :beats-me-man:
Chanel news Asia. 10:20pm today. This mrs yap is solid :cheers4:

mcmlxxvi
21-12-12, 21:36
everybody wanna be CSI

so silly

buttercarp
21-12-12, 21:41
everybody wanna be CSI

so silly

You come back le?
Waiting for your story.

DC33_2008
21-12-12, 21:46
Cheers to Mrs Yap. She is a great spokeperson and will fire the market. More sales this weekend after her views on CNA. :cheers4:

mcmlxxvi
21-12-12, 21:47
You come back le?
Waiting for your story.

what story? old news liao.....

chrtstriker
21-12-12, 21:50

Is the show "Chasing happiness"? Or which one on CNA?

East Lover
21-12-12, 21:54
Is the show "Chasing happiness"? Or which one on CNA?
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1243940/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Despite six rounds of cooling measures in the last couple of years, the private property market continued its uptrend unabated in 2012.

Although data for December is yet to be out, but both sales volume and prices of new private homes have already surpassed previous highs.

In the past two years, the Yaps have bought four private properties, three of which were in 2011.

They hold to the view that property investments are a good hedge against inflation.

But with property prices hitting the roof, the family of four is finding it increasingly difficult to find new investment opportunities.

Prices of private homes have gone up by 3.7 per cent so far this year, according to Savills. And experts expect marginal increases in 2013.

A property investor, Soh Poh Neo, said: "Even if rental is coming down, we still can support the mortgage payment because loan-to-value (LTV) is very much lower so mortgage monthly instalment is also much lower. So yield will be coming down in view of the supply but interest rate is low, so it is not so frightening. I believe that not many people will sell in a crash situation because everyone has good holding power. The latest cooling measures caught people like me being filtered out. Next what am I going to do, I will use my children's name to buy - they have longer term for the loans."

The Yaps used their son's name - 23-year-old Travis Yap - for the latest purchase of a unit at eCo.

Since 6 October, property investors like Madam Soh and her husband Mr Yap, aged above 35, could borrow less from banks to finance their mortgages.

The latest cooling measure, which has also capped loan tenures at 35 years, is the sixth to be implemented in Singapore in the last couple of years.

- CNA/ck

East Lover
21-12-12, 22:05
Fifty-six-year-old retiree Soh Poh Neo has been investing in properties in the US and Singapore for the past 20 years.

Last year, she turned her attention to Malaysia and bought two luxury apartments at Andaman at Quayside condominiums in Penang.

This retiree is a millionaire. She was quoted a few times in ST for property related articles. No simple woman. ;)

maisonjai
21-12-12, 22:44
As far as i know only 1 forummer knows Laguna's identify......hehe

Mrs Yap is gilat sia, here's the video...enjoy.

Click 2012 record year for property market
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/video/

merry x'mas everyone.... (axe MAS) :D

radha08
21-12-12, 22:47
ai yo...u all please la...ok for the record i am a man....every morning when i look between my legs i see this....0:banana:0.....:D:D:D

chiaberry
21-12-12, 22:56
Ehhh....what's this....21st Dec....supposed to have something revealed about carbuncle......instead have something revealed about Laguna...or are they the same person :confused:

Another vote for Laguna. Thanks for contributing to this forum and sharing with us and may next year bring more investment opportunities to us all. :cheers4:

mcmlxxvi
21-12-12, 23:09
As far as i know only 1 forummer knows Laguna's identify......hehe

Mrs Yap is gilat sia, here's the video...enjoy.

Click 2012 record year for property market
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/video/

merry x'mas everyone.... (axe MAS) :D

Travis is cute

samp
22-12-12, 05:31
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/393191_2533689817545_1190125086_n.jpg

hyenergix
22-12-12, 05:35
Son looks more like her, daughter looks more like the dad.

Laguna
22-12-12, 05:59
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/393191_2533689817545_1190125086_n.jpg

whether I am Mdm Soh / Mrs Yap is not an issue to me. It is up to the world to guess.

However, I want to seriously condemn you to publish the foto of others openly without consent. From the file name, ur frn of her family member.

I will by all means to get to Mdm Soh and I want to pin you down at all cost. Trust me, i will do it.

I am extremely disappointed with your behaviour and because of u, I withdraw from this forum. This is my last post.

我不耻和这种小人为伍。

samp
22-12-12, 06:00
Interesting to find that the son is an agent with ERA:o http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/agent/mr-travis-ye-220508/travis-ye

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/2/c/b/4/2cb41f26403552_1_V120B.jpg

If you have not heard of Travis, you are not the only one. Travis started his real estate academic journey back in 2006 and graduated from Singapore Poly with a Diploma in Property Development & Facility Management. After serving his national service, he decided to future proof his education by pursuing a degree from the University of Melbourne. Travis recently graduated with a bachelor of environments majoring in property. At a young age he figured that a strong education background will lay a strong foundation for success. Today Travis is at the top of his game. His dedication, conviction and commitment to excellence is driven by his passion and love for real estate.

Travis takes great pride in seeing a transaction through from beginning to end. Whether you are buying your first piece of property or you are a seasoned buyer, it is his goal to answer all of your questions and to exceed your expectations. Transactions handled by Travis will seem effortless due to his strong work ethnic and behind the scenes handling all of your real estate business. As a former naval diver during national service, he has cultivated a skill which is doing things with pride.

Travis and his family are all seasoned investors with an eye for opportunities. Travis invested in his first condominium property at the age of 23. Till date he has already made paper savings of half a million. Unlike most agents, Travis walks the talk.

Feel free to call him for a non-obligatory discussion. He will be more than willing to help!

Let's use Travis for our next property purchase:o

yowetan
22-12-12, 07:27
Hi..I think it is over-limit to post people's pictures without consent. Moreover, there is no evidence/proof to prove the identities of the people in the photo.

This is extremely disturbing as it infringe the individual privacy. Though it is not unlawful as the picture(s) can be easily found in google. But, please practise some respect.

Having said all these, I am really want to get a Mt Sinai. I am raring to plunge in whenever there is an opportunity. Hence, all prospective sellers for Mt Sinai propertie(s), please do pm me. My PM inbox is empty. TIA.

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 07:28
why people want to be so kaypoh I don't understand ... create new nick to just publish a photo that original owner may not want to openly share in public

just put in yourself in the shoes of others, do u want your private photo to be published here :doh:

minority
22-12-12, 07:30
aiyho... why people so free n bo liao? Why go dig people background? Do you one day want someone to dig up urs and splash it out all over the place? have some respect for personal privacy.

mcmlxxvi
22-12-12, 07:48

how do you know that!!??

hyenergix
22-12-12, 07:51
how do you know that!!??

From photo mah... but then hor, not sure if it is really her.

DC33_2008
22-12-12, 07:57
Laguna. I have no ill-intention when I created this thread. I am proud of what you have said as a savvy investor. I am so sorry that your privacy has been infringed by other people.

mcmlxxvi
22-12-12, 08:04
whether I am Mdm Soh / Mrs Yap is not an issue to me. It is up to the world to guess.

However, I want to seriously condemn you to publish the foto of others openly without consent. From the file name, ur frn of her family member.

I will by all means to get to Mdm Soh and I want to pin you down at all cost. Trust me, i will do it.

I am extremely disappointed with your behaviour and because of u, I withdraw from this forum. This is my last post.

我不耻和这种小人为伍。

Laguna, I am shocked to see your this post waking up on a fair weather Saturday morning. Please take it easy. Singapore is small. Everyone will bump into one another some time. Don't take such things to heart.

We have made many friends and shared stories and advices some of which we may not even tell our real life friends. Do treasure the connection and 姻缘。

一山还有一山高
一人还有一人搞
无风就勿需起浪
无峰就勿需材狼

一尺还有一米高
一王还有一子好
无痛就勿需起哄
无缘就勿需续梦

Fellow "exposee"
Mr Ho

roly8
22-12-12, 08:12
Having said all these, I am really want to get a Mt Sinai. I am raring to plunge in whenever there is an opportunity. Hence, all prospective sellers for Mt Sinai propertie(s), please do pm me. My PM inbox is empty. TIA.
you go and die la.. everyday mt sinai here and there.
:hell-hath-no-fury:

i have seen the pix. i will not comment further as this is a breach of personal privacy!

i have report the offended post to the mod so that remove the pix ASAP !

:mad:

mcmlxxvi
22-12-12, 08:17
why people want to be so kaypoh I don't understand ... create new nick to just publish a photo that original owner may not want to openly share in public

just put in yourself in the shoes of others, do u want your private photo to be published here :doh:

the nick was created in May.

Laguna, if you wish, you can ask admin for the email address and IP. then trace from there.

chiaberry
22-12-12, 08:19
I don't think there's any need to tell Laguna what to do. He/she is a very capable person.

So sorry for the invasion of privacy.

But they are a nice family.

newbie11
22-12-12, 08:50
Laguna. I have no ill-intention when I created this thread. I am proud of what you have said as a savvy investor. I am so sorry that your privacy has been infringed by other people.

Eh really? Laguna is Yap? I am confused..

Lovelle
22-12-12, 08:55
i saw a video on a Olivia Poggmann who invested in Iskandar landed property and value has doubled...

Mrs SOh video

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/video/index.php?vidfile=w121221_biz_yrendproperty.flv

Olivia
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/video/index.php?vidfile=w121210_sg_iskandar.flv

East Lover
22-12-12, 09:00
Dear laguna, so sorry for this. 我不杀伯仁 伯仁却因我而死 :mad:

No matter u are her or not, we really appreciate your knowledgable sharing and advice. She is really doing well, so are you!

Please come back. 别和这种人一般见识。。。

Regulators
22-12-12, 09:06
alright to take action against this guy for infringing in people's privacy but why quit from the forum?

我不耻和这种小人为伍。

roly8
22-12-12, 09:15
alright to take action against this guy for infringing in people's privacy but why quit from the forum?
yes. don't quit this forum!
we know you are valuable to this forum..learn so much from the people here.. like a close family now. :ashamed1::cool: though we don't know one another in real life.. :o

hopeful
22-12-12, 09:21
why the responses so different to this thread?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16150

Regulators
22-12-12, 09:23
frankly, I couldn't care less who Laguna or anyone here is in real life. online persona and real life persona are usually very different.

moneytalk
22-12-12, 09:28
yes. don't quit this forum!
we know you are valuable to this forum..learn so much from the people here.. like a close family now. :ashamed1::cool: though we don't know one another in real life.. :o
Laguna, you will be missed when you quit this forum. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

buttercarp
22-12-12, 09:32
Laguna, please don't go!
If you really quit, I will also quit!

Admin, please remove that picture.... please please please.
Or even consider removing this whole thread!
reporter2 , please do something quickly!!!!!

Rosy
22-12-12, 09:38
It is really interesting to see savvy property investor buying new launches.
Many had discussed and argued that resale market have better value than new launches and yet i had observed many more buying into new launches in this forum instead.

Rosy
22-12-12, 09:40
Do not share family background in public forums if you do not wish to be exposed.

mcmlxxvi
22-12-12, 09:40
why the responses so different to this thread?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=16150

bro, because the wife not in the forum ma.... lol can't defend herself.

sh
22-12-12, 09:42
Wah... Early Saturday morning so much happening....

Laguna.. We'll miss you... Please come back...

We want your wisdom, not your privacy...:(

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 09:45
Do not share family background in public forums if you do not wish to be exposed.

not so simple lah ... nowadays strictly speaking there is no online privacy, it all depends on whether ppl want to CSI and hunt u down

once you linkedin - where u work, career, experiences, skills ... all exposed

once you facebook or google+ your family will be exposed, including family photos if you are not careful with your facebook settings (even somebody can tag u in another photo exposing u)

once you iPhone, your credit card info is with Apple, later you buy something through AppStore they will track all your buying behaviour

once you WhatsApp, all your conversation is recorded

once u Google, they know what u like and what your interest is

once u uploaded some photos ... sooner or later ppl can make use of it

you can check out anytime you want but you can never leave :banghead:

hopeful
22-12-12, 09:57
why was the eco showroom in the video so empty?

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 09:58
why was the eco showroom in the video so empty?

VVVVVVVIP preview I guess ;)

chiaberry
22-12-12, 09:59
This family agreed to have their story reported in the media. Although I agree that the forum member should not have posted their photo online. However, the Yap/Soh family should have realised that appearing in the media is already an intrusion of their privacy. And being so intelligent/savvy, should have realised that a number of forum members have nothing better to do than dig it up.

Actually I think they did an excellent marketing job for Eco. Fully deserving of the VVIP status accorded. :cheers5:

hopeful
22-12-12, 10:03
i really dont know marketing eco or marketing the son?
4 condo in 2 years, and intend to buy under son's name.

chiaberry
22-12-12, 10:15
You have a point there.

They are actually not publicity-shy. So no need to get so indignant over this appearing in our humble forum. It is already common property of the masses once you agree to speak to the press.

zeamybro
22-12-12, 10:19
By allowing themselves to appear on the national tv is already a great compromise to the family's privacy. Her full name and id already got exposed much earlier in this thread. Does this single photo really make much of a difference?

Mabbe the only diff lies in getting her consent or not. Hope u get over this saga soon and see u back in this forum.

hopeful
22-12-12, 10:26
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1243940/1/.html
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1172673/1/.html

report by same person Lynda Hong, a year apart, both mentioning SPN.
one on 21 dec 2011, the current one 21 dec 2012.

My 3rd eye says:
next report will be by Lynda Hong, 21 dec 2013, again will mention SPN.

mcmlxxvi
22-12-12, 10:41
i really dont know marketing eco or marketing the son?
4 condo in 2 years, and intend to buy under son's name.

from Laguna posting, you can tell she is a very concerned parent. really 用心良苦 about the son development.

however I guess let the chap develop for himself. unfair to impose the same expectations of the high flyer girl.... in may also inadvertently stress him out too much.

chiaberry
22-12-12, 10:48
Sometimes publicity can be adverse. It may even generate jealousy and distrust amongst your colleages, especially the seniors. Some people in such a situation would prefer to be low-key and work your way steadily up the ranks rather than to be seen visibly being given a push-start by your parent(s). I know that if it were me, I would cringe and refuse to be photographed or video-ed. But then this is not me. To each, his/her own style. c'est la vie!

maisonjai
22-12-12, 10:53
By allowing themselves to appear on the national tv is already a great compromise to the family's privacy. Her full name and id already got exposed much earlier in this thread. Does this single photo really make much of a difference?

Mabbe the only diff lies in getting her consent or not. Hope u get over this saga soon and see u back in this forum.
CNA only 3pax, photo 5pax.....other 2 family members might not like it bah.

Wynyard
22-12-12, 11:04
This whole thing is really horrible, terrible & vegetable :tsk-tsk:

BTW the daughter is so pretty :D

focus
22-12-12, 11:30
I can only deduce from the posts ... it must be red-eye agents out to get travis and his family.

Scoundrels ...

minority
22-12-12, 11:37
Hi Mrs Yap. Your are on TV today. Wow bought 4 properties in last two years. Your son is 23 year old Travis Yap. :)

can we just get this thread deleted and bar the thread starter? as well as as thread starter Email from joining again?

We should not condone such privacy infringement.

DC33 would u like to have ur whole family photo dig up and paraded?

imjason
22-12-12, 11:40
OMG ... Google her name and found her whole family in FB...

DC33_2008
22-12-12, 11:46
I started the thread after watching the property news on CNA yesterday. I did not dig for info as it was annouced by national tv channel. I haves no ill intention but positive intention. It is another person who digs for info and started posting all the photos. Pls be factual and use your words accurately.
can we just get this thread deleted and bar the thread starter? as well as as thread starter Email from joining again?

irisng
22-12-12, 11:51
Though it is not right to invade people's privacy especially with photo on the forum where everybody can see, if for me, I won't like it too but there are people who do it without knowing the serious consequences there. Like my case about the rumour regarding the kidnapping, I just want to share what other people told me, no intention of spreading the rumour, luckily there are kind souls here to remind me that I might get myself into trouble by saying all this and it was also lucky that there was no such things of kidnapping, it is still safe in Singapore.

Another type of people,喜欢把快乐建在别人的痛苦上。Ignore this type of people, 你若生气就中了计。

Laguna, pardon me if I said something wrong.
From my point of view, when I saw the video, the 1st impression that you gave me was though you look simple but I really admire you to have a good foresight and great knowledge of investment. With your unselfish and sincere contributions, I'm sure lots of forummers here have benefited it, so don't get disappointed with just one people, you have lots of supporters. Another thing is, your family photo really looks warm to me, you and your husband 看起来很慈祥 and your daughter has a very sweet smile. Though I don't really actively involved with most of the forum discussions but I enjoy reading the views and experience from all of you. So, Laguna please come back and join this big family again.

minority
22-12-12, 11:57
I started the thread after watching the property news on CNA yesterday. I did not dig for info as it was annouced by national tv channel. I haves no ill intention but positive intention. It is another person who digs for info and started posting all the photos. Pls be factual and use your words accurately.

Wat make u think she was on tv? could be someone else too. Would u like it if someone start accociating u with say a on of the offenders that patronized the underage prostitute? and plaster ur picture all over framing u?

Coz its by no means denial of responsibly to start a thread like that without the actual intention to infringe on peoples privacy.

May I understand how would it be a positive intention announcing a online person real identity without asking the person? the association may not even be correct.

you are creating undue stress to Laguna as well as the actual Mrs Yap n family.

Seeing someone on TV dont make their private life a public property.

phantom_opera
22-12-12, 12:00
U guys should really know when to use PM
It is getting out of control admin pls remove this thread

buttercarp
22-12-12, 12:02

Please admin..... please remove this thread.

hopeful
22-12-12, 12:06
why so much hoohaa?

is it
a) laguna disappear, causing a number of forummers to be distressed?
b) invasion of privacy, another matter altogether? afterall, comment on MP's wife only elicit titters.

irisng
22-12-12, 12:06

I don't think DC33 has the intention of digging up people's privacy. From what I see, he/she (sorry still don't DC33 is a male or female:ashamed1:) is like talking to a good friend about her TV media appearance. I'm sure if anybody see your good friend on the TV, some mischevious thinking might strike our mind, go and tease him/her but without any ill-intention. Nobody knows that the ball has rolled bigger and bigger without control.:beats-me-man:

newbie11
22-12-12, 12:10
Wat make u think she was on tv? could be someone else too. Would u like it if someone start accociating u with say a on of the offenders that patronized the underage prostitute? and plaster ur picture all over framing u?

Coz its by no means denial of responsibly to start a thread like that without the actual intention to infringe on peoples privacy.

May I understand how would it be a positive intention announcing a online person real identity without asking the person? the association may not even be correct.

you are creating undue stress to Laguna as well as the actual Mrs Yap n family.

Seeing someone on TV dont make their private life a public property.

I also think TS was simply kidding.. Until Laguna wrote that post, implying its her identity.. Well if Laguna didnt have such reaction,
I think this thread will not be so lively..

Rosy
22-12-12, 12:10
In my opinion, threadstarter is trying to expose laguna's identity.

As a result, someone else post the family photo.

I feel the threadstarter owes a bigger responsibility to the victim.

irisng
22-12-12, 12:14

Ya, is better to remove this thread asap, if not more and more people will see the photo. Even if the photo is not Laguna, the people inside the photo will get angry too afterall they are not 公众人物。 That's the different between private and public.

buttercarp
22-12-12, 12:22
why so much hoohaa?

is it
a) laguna disappear, causing a number of forummers to be distressed?
b) invasion of privacy, another matter altogether? afterall, comment on MP's wife only elicit titters.

MP wife is different.
Cos we do not know her online identity.
She can express freely online without people knowing her.
But if lets say we know your real life identity, then how you gonna express yourself online freely?

We must know our limits.
Online and real life have boundaries.
It is like different dimension.
We can expose one user name to another eg carbuncle = mcm = togitv, but we should not expose real life identity!

hopeful
22-12-12, 12:24
alamak, if more people keep on commenting, then the thread will appear on 1st page.
wait for people to create new threads, no new comments, and soon this thread will go to page2 and will die a natural death soon enough, judging by number of new threads created each day, .

radha08
22-12-12, 12:25
laguna i have gained a lot from your sharing thank you for inspiring me to remain invested in the property market...it is through your care and foresight for your family that i have also gained strength and foresight hopefully for the better of me and my family...i understand your reasons for being upset and totally respect your decision...you are a person of a few words and i like your honesty and sincerity...it dont matter if u are man/woman/black/white...thank you for sharing...:cheers4:...radha08:D:D:D

hopeful
22-12-12, 12:33
MP wife is different.
Cos we do not know her online identity.
She can express freely online without people knowing her.
But if lets say we know your real life identity, then how you gonna express yourself online freely?

We must know our limits.
We can expose one user name to another eg carbuncle = mcm = togitv, but we should not expose real life identity!

If there anything that SPN says that contradicts what LGN says?
As in case of Eco, LGN mentioned getting a unit for xxx amount. The xxx amount is very specific. The exact same figure was mentioned by SPN.
LGN mentioned buying under son's name. So does SPN.
Is it any wonder that people are able to link the 2?

It is because what LGN says that matches exactly what SPN that people are able to link the 2. so LGN does express freely, both online and real life.

imjason
22-12-12, 12:34
We must know our limits.
One thing to clarify ---- Online is reality ... You get penalize for online behavior !!!

buttercarp
22-12-12, 12:51
One thing to clarify ---- Online is reality ... You get penalize for online behavior !!!

Yup, it can become reality.
Penalize only when do something wrong.
But we should respect people's privacy especially if the person is providing valuable input.

imjason
22-12-12, 13:14
Yup, it can become reality.
Penalize only when do something wrong.
But we should respect people's privacy especially if the person is providing valuable input.

It is reality... and the penalize is not refering to Mrs Yap... but you know who ! Or my statement acts as a warning to all !!!

buttercarp
22-12-12, 13:21
It is reality... and the penalize is not refering to Mrs Yap... but you know who ! Or my statement acts as a warning to all !!!

Sorry, I don't know who you are referring to, Mr Jason, sir!
Please enlighten me.

imjason
22-12-12, 13:26
Sorry, I don't know who you are referring to, Mr Jason, sir!
Please enlighten me.

You go figure out yourself.. time for high tea !!!

radha08
22-12-12, 13:28
sianz forum also got this type drama i thought only real life:doh:

roly8
22-12-12, 13:30

i think i know ...
:o

buttercarp
22-12-12, 13:32

I won't bother lah.
High tea ? Don't get too high on the sugars, bro, it is bad for your blood.

Lovelle
22-12-12, 14:16
anyone can be laguna. Mrs Soh, Yap , Lee, Lim, Chan ...etc

there are approximately 700 units investor bought into Eco and some investor may have 4 properties as well..including lady interviewed on TV...

irisng
22-12-12, 14:18
Forum 风坡。

Lets don't spoil the long-build online relationship. I'm sure if one day someone who has built a rapport with the forummers here has disappeared, somebody might start a new thread asking him/her to come back again. 人是有感情的动物。

yowetan
22-12-12, 14:47

i have seen the pix. i will not comment further as this is a breach of personal privacy!

:mad:

Hi..I cannot afford to die, till I complete my Mt Sinai mission!

Btw, privacy to individual is necessary. I hope all of those who posted picture of me be penalized as well and do hope there is no double-standard in this forum.

moneytalk
22-12-12, 14:55
Hi..I cannot afford to die, till I complete my Mt Sinai mission!

Btw, privacy to individual is necessary. I hope all of those who posted picture of me be penalized as well and do hope there is no double-standard in this forum.
Straight from the horse's mouth. So, the picture is really you?
If it is really you, then get butter to do a petition for you.
I don't know how to start a thread with a poll.

hopeful
22-12-12, 15:07

somehow missed this post until it was brought up.

you are the TS for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4gDZPEDMbs
which has nothing at all to do with property, made personal remarks on the wife. so you dont consider that as breach of personal privacy?

also you join the fun le
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=346423&postcount=3

really switch position very fast.

dtrax
22-12-12, 15:08
wdf so many pple exposed and spoil market here.. damn sad to see Laguna leaving. Nevertheless I will pray n hope he/she will resurrect as another forum nick. Property is like drugs, once u get hooked that's it riaox cannot kick the habit.

roly8
22-12-12, 15:34
really switch position very fast.
:doh:

wa piang..bro hopeful..

this time you over-CSI/think too much. lol
me got only 1 acct....

:tongue3:

teddybear
22-12-12, 16:21
The reasons of buying new launch? I had already mention this before - delayed payments + by the time TOP the 4 years ABSD is over!
People buy for different reasons, but not nice when they buy for the above reasons but give you some other lame reasons to hide the true reasons (like eg more worth-while and value for money to buy new launch)... :beats-me-man:

It is really interesting to see savvy property investor buying new launches.
Many had discussed and argued that resale market have better value than new launches and yet i had observed many more buying into new launches in this forum instead.

East Lover
22-12-12, 16:41
The reasons of buying new launch? I had already mention this before - delayed payments + by the time TOP the 4 years ABSD is over!
People buy for different reasons, but not nice when they buy for the above reasons but give you some other lame reasons to hide the true reasons (like eg more worth-while and value for money to buy new launch)... :beats-me-man:
Also, the current resale market is asking sky high...

yowetan
22-12-12, 19:30
Straight from the horse's mouth. So, the picture is really you?
If it is really you, then get butter to do a petition for you.
I don't know how to start a thread with a poll.

Hi.. I have had mentioned many times and shall not hesitate to reply again - Please kindly respect people's privacy and remove all picture(s). Those who post picture(s) regardless me or not, needs to be responsible and mature.

This is not a forum to attack people.

teddybear
22-12-12, 21:23
Ai yoh, Bukit Timah near those popular Primary schools within 1km you can get at $1.3k+ psf (real resale transacted price), and got people buy Tanah Merah & Bedok at $1.5k psf (just because it is new)? So is resale price sky high? :p

Also, the current resale market is asking sky high...

East Lover
22-12-12, 22:36
Ai yoh, Bukit Timah near those popular Primary schools within 1km you can get at $1.3k+ psf (real resale transacted price), and got people buy Tanah Merah & Bedok at $1.5k psf (just because it is new)? So is resale price sky high? :p
Not because of new, but because of quatum and rental yield.

Bukit Timah maybe good for own stay, to be near to good school. But for tenant whose budget is only around 3.5-4k, I guess usually they want to be near to work instead of school. That's why tenah merah and bedok is much hotter, as changi biz park is only 1,2 stops away.

irisng
23-12-12, 08:11

Bukit Panjang is near to Bukit Timah and Choa Chu Kang, but why the ppty prices are so difference? Bukit Panjang also has good schools and good amenities leh.

yowetan
23-12-12, 09:55
Hi..I just feel Mt Sinai is the best. Forget about the rest. Period.

roly8
23-12-12, 10:04
Hi..I just feel Mt Sinai is the best. Forget about the rest. Period.

me will ban you immediately if i am the mod.

yowetan
23-12-12, 10:11

Hi.. Forum is about freedom of expression and speech. You are non-inclusive and cyber bullying.

Xan
23-12-12, 12:05

Why angry with him.
Yes, mt Sinai is the best but he can't afford. Period.

minority
23-12-12, 20:07
Mt Sinai or Mt Senile?

yowetan
23-12-12, 20:46
Hi.. It is Mount Sinai (Mt Sinai).

The place is my dream home and I have great desire to own it. Everyday, it gives me the motivation and passion to press on and to work for.

I believe I will get the Mt Sinai soon.

moneytalk
23-12-12, 21:22
Hi.. It is Mount Sinai (Mt Sinai).

The place is my dream home and I have great desire to own it. Everyday, it gives me the motivation and passion to press on and to work for.

I believe I will get the Mt Sinai soon.
Since a Mt Sinai home is very important to you, I hope your dream will come true too.
You never know as life is full of twists, turns, surprises and the unexpected.
Just hold on to your big dream and make it happen!
Merry Christmas and start chasing your dream in 2013.

yowetan
23-12-12, 21:26
Since a Mt Sinai home is very important to you, I hope your dream will come true too.
You never know as life is full of twists, turns, surprises and the unexpected.
Just hold on to your big dream and make it happen!
Merry Christmas and start chasing your dream in 2013.

Hi moneytalk. Thanks for your positive reply, well-wishing and blessing. Appreciate that.

I wish you and your family a merry christmas too!

radha08
28-12-12, 17:04
Wonder where laguna is now..i miss lagunas posting...:o

East Lover
28-12-12, 18:57
Wonder where laguna is now..i miss lagunas posting...:o
And where is sis butter? I miss both of them :rolleyes:

radha08
28-12-12, 18:58

sis buttercarp busy enjoying dinner somewhere :D

Laguna
28-12-12, 22:36
Perhaps, let me share why I was so upset.

I recieved a couple of PM, drilling so hard into me as to whether I am Mdm Soh or not. To the extent of sharing with me the family details of Mdm Soh, her daughter and her husband.

Thru' some connections, I came to know, i was not the only one. Mdm Soh also received two massage in her FB from a person known as "Nash Tanish" last year and this year. Nash Tanish claimed himself as Yowetan. No matter to what extent I don't like this guy, but what I stated here is fact. Anyway, he has been blocked by Mdm Soh.

I have decided not to post anymore to this forum as personally, it is just a mentoring work to me, to guide the younger ones. It is not worth to do this if this forum turns itself into a third class forum which I see it is happening now. I enjoy reading some of the TCSS, it is like a family but not some of the stuff.

I just made a post to East Lover's thread as she is a nice woman and some helping hands are needed. And I think there is a need to make clear here why i am so upset.

In fact, I was rather sad these few days and questioning myself whether I have made the right decision to withdrawal myself completely from here. I don't like to share my wisdom as it may end up as marketing info for others.

stiook
28-12-12, 22:51
Laguna,

You are one of the few whose posts I am interested to read... it is unfortunate that things have turned out this way.

Really a lot of weirdos around. I find it pathetic that these people derive pleasure out of such things. I suppose they are probably underachievers who can only win you by dragging you down to their level.

East Lover
28-12-12, 23:39
Dear laguna, I'm so happy that you are back!!

Thanks a lot for your kind sharing! Really appreciated.. :)

bakasa2002
28-12-12, 23:39
Perhaps, let me share why I was so upset.

I recieved a couple of PM, drilling so hard into me as to whether I am Mdm Soh or not. To the extent of sharing with me the family details of Mdm Soh, her daughter and her husband.

Thru' some connections, I came to know, i was not the only one. Mdm Soh also received two massage in her FB from a person known as "Nash Tanish" last year and this year. Nash Tanish claimed himself as Yowetan. No matter to what extent I don't like this guy, but what I stated here is fact. Anyway, he has been blocked by Mdm Soh.

I have decided not to post anymore to this forum as personally, it is just a mentoring work to me, to guide the younger ones. It is not worth to do this if this forum turns itself into a third class forum which I see it is happening now. I enjoy reading some of the TCSS, it is like a family but not some of the stuff.

I just made a post to East Lover's thread as she is a nice woman and some helping hands are needed. And I think there is a need to make clear here why i am so upset.

In fact, I was rather sad these few days and questioning myself whether I have made the right decision to withdrawal myself completely from here. I don't like to share my wisdom as it may end up as marketing info for others.

Respect your wishes if u decide to stay by the sidelines, but would prefer to have u back sharing... Take care until then. :)

stl67
29-12-12, 00:19
Laguna,

You are one of the few whose posts I am interested to read... it is unfortunate that things have turned out this way.

Really a lot of weirdos around. I find it pathetic that these people derive pleasure out of such things. I suppose they are probably underachievers who can only win you by dragging you down to their level.
Same here. I enjoy reading his mail too. The others like Vic in the bond thread, chestnut, indomie and phantom and many others

buttercarp
29-12-12, 01:32
sis buttercarp busy enjoying dinner somewhere :D

Bro radha read me like a book.
Yes, I was having a good meal with old friends.
The whole thing lasted for 5 hours as we had so much to talk about!

buttercarp
29-12-12, 01:35

Hi beautiful sis east, I am still around.
This festive season has kept me so busy, gatherings with friends n relatives!

radha08
29-12-12, 01:37

welcome back now i can GO to sleep peacefully laguna and buttercarp are back...:sleep:...and my wife just woke u....why u on the laptop its 2 o'clock bla bla bla...:doh::doh::doh:...marriage....:D:D:D

radha08
29-12-12, 01:38

aiyo did u talk about condo.singapore:D

buttercarp
29-12-12, 01:43
welcome back now i can GO to sleep peacefully laguna and buttercarp are back...:sleep:...and my wife just woke u....why u on the laptop its 2 o'clock bla bla bla...:doh::doh::doh:...marriage....:D:D:D

Good night bro!
I am trying to keep awake to enjoy the peace n quiet of the night!

I am also glad that Laguna is back.
I hope Laguna will come back more often to guide us n tcss.
Laguna, u can just ignore those pm by nosy people.
You are not obliged to reply them.

buttercarp
29-12-12, 01:48
aiyo did u talk about condo.singapore:D

Nope.... did not.
I don't discuss property with my live friends.
Some of them have MTB, so very sensitive when it comes to this issue.

radha08
29-12-12, 02:18
Nope.... did not.

thats why i believe there are 3 worlds....the real world....the one we live in everyday....the after world...where we will go after we ..."up the lorry".....and the Virtual world:scared-3:....aka condo.singapore:D:D:D:D:D

sh
29-12-12, 07:39
Nope.... did not.

Welcome back Laguna :cheers4:

Yah. Difficult to talk property with real friends, their response will be:-

Wah, this guy so rich... Then very paiseh

why you never tell me your lobang earlier (they won't have the guts to go in then anyway)

Try to share strategies, then they think you so smart.

Give wrong advice, then kanna blamed

Give right advice, never get thanks...

Lose lose situation:(

Better share and learn from faceless virtual friends (happy that it stays that way)... There are many more here richer and more knowledgeable than me...:cheers4:

mcmlxxvi
29-12-12, 09:01
Welcome back Laguna :cheers4:

why you never tell me your lobang earlier (they won't have the guts to go in then anyway)

Try to share strategies, then they think you so smart.

Better share and learn from faceless virtual friends (happy that it stays that way)... There are many more here richer and more knowledgeable than me...:cheers4:

Just offer any advice requested without expectations la... Nobody is expert in EVERYTHING.... (except maybe that nutnut)

roly8
29-12-12, 09:03
Nope.... did not.

what is MTB?

buttercarp
29-12-12, 10:06
what is MTB?

Aiyo..... so many times this term come up in this forum.
Tsk tsk tsk..... how come you dunno?

MTB = missed the boat

roly8
29-12-12, 10:10
Aiyo..... so many times this term come up in this forum.
Tsk tsk tsk..... how come you dunno?

MTB = missed the boat

sis..
me is very famous with mtb... :p:banghead::banghead:

:D:D

moneytalk
29-12-12, 10:14
Nope.... did not.
Same here, don't discuss property and money matters with very close friends. Even our siblings do not know our financial assets. Used to be able to hide from the children too but they are adults now and are able to guess only.

cavaliver
29-12-12, 10:32

Yah

Agreed. Likewise, don t be a matchmaker :tsk-tsk:

irisng
31-12-12, 22:00

And never let your boss knows that you have >1 ppty, if not bonus also reduce.:scared-3:

draik
31-12-12, 22:38
Same here, don't discuss property and money matters with very close friends. Even our siblings do not know our financial assets. Used to be able to hide from the children too but they are adults now and are able to guess only.
So is it advisable to tell your parents or your sibling that you have brought a 2nd property for investment? I have not told them yet. Find it very difficult to break the news.

buttercarp
31-12-12, 22:43
So is it advisable to tell your parents or your sibling that you have brought a 2nd property for investment? I have not told them yet. Find it very difficult to break the news.

If your family members are able to share the joy with you, go ahead and tell them.
In my case, I told them the minute I bought it and they were very approving of it.

However for friends, I find it very difficult to break the news.
There is a barrier which I have to overcome.
I am still planning what to say to them when I shift into my new place in future.

East Lover
31-12-12, 22:55
Same here. espcially we want parents to be proud of us :ashamed1:

However, never tell friends abt the invested properties. but for own stay one, I guess I will let them know once move in, because we will hold housewarming party, no way to hide, and no harm to share :D :D

If your family members are able to share the joy with you, go ahead and tell them.
In my case, I told them the minute I bought it and they were very approving of it.

I am still planning what to say to them when I shift into my new place in future.

mcmlxxvi
01-01-13, 02:48
im open to all my friends because they all earn higher income than me! lol

zzz1
01-01-13, 09:43

I think you should not felt obliged to tell to your friend if u don feel comfortable ..

Recently I receive the min of mtg of a unit which I tenanted out , upon reading , i chanced on a friend name and his wife name appeared as attendancee...I respect his decision if he is not ready to share..

There many mtb, will say u buy at wrong price, etc so many opinion ...:doh:

moneytalk
01-01-13, 09:53
There many mtb, will say u buy at wrong price, etc so many opinion ...:doh:
When we were younger, we were afraid of making a wrong decision, and whenever we were interested in a house, would asked around for opinions and consulted old folks for their wisdom. Ended up, we missed so many boats as someone will always provide negative feedback, and we were affected by their sayings.
Now that we are older, we are more confident. It's the two of us paying and having to live with the wrong decision. As long as we have the money and can bear the losses, why involve other people? If you go round asking for opinions, you will not get anything done.

irisng
01-01-13, 21:16
So far, I have not told my in-laws, siblings and friends about my 2nd ppty. But if I want to rent out my current ppty and shift to my 2nd ppty when TOP then they will know by then because of my new address. When that time comes, just be a bit "thick skin", pretend that it is nothing wrong for not telling them lor :cool: .

I would think that it is no harm telling your parents but for friends, I think not necessary lor because some might think that you are boasting while some might be jealous of you but of course there are also good one who sincerely admire you.

zzz1
02-01-13, 12:16
When we were younger, we were afraid of making a wrong decision, and whenever we were interested in a house, would asked around for opinions and consulted old folks for their wisdom. Ended up, we missed so many boats as someone will always provide negative feedback, and we were affected by their sayings.
Now that we are older, we are more confident. It's the two of us paying and having to live with the wrong decision. As long as we have the money and can bear the losses, why involve other people? If you go round asking for opinions, you will not get anything done.

The only time i asked my old folks to 'view' a unit was because i intended to ask them to move in with us. That was to of kind of give them a comfort to their new environment.

The rest of other investment deal., yea, discussed with wife and move on
from there...

nav14
03-01-13, 07:27

In my case , I have not given the full picture of my investments to my siblings and parents, because I am afraid of my parents being instigated by my siblings and I may end up getting a lesser share of the inheritance. My parents would be proud of me and I would not mind revealing the full picture to them if I had no siblings.
My wife did not reveal to her brother becaue he is the jealous sort.
Ironically , our very close office colleagues have a better picture of our investments.

buttercarp
03-01-13, 09:57
In my case , I have not given the full picture of my investments to my siblings and parents, because I am afraid of my parents being instigated by my siblings and I may end up getting a lesser share of the inheritance. My parents would be proud of me and I would not mind revealing the full picture to them if I had no siblings.
My wife did not reveal to her brother becaue he is the jealous sort.
Ironically , our very close office colleagues have a better picture of our investments.

Wah, that means you got rich parents!
Or is it you successful but your siblings less successful than you so your parents will tend to give them the inheritance.

Laguna
03-01-13, 09:59
Chinese magnate gives 100-mn-pound dowry for girl's wedding

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-magnate-gives-100-mn-pound-dowry-girls-133416049.html

chiaberry
03-01-13, 12:02
Chinese magnate gives 100-mn-pound dowry for girl's wedding

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-magnate-gives-100-mn-pound-dowry-girls-133416049.html

haha your gal will be having high expectations now.....

ekl2ekl2
03-01-13, 12:08

If you bring all 3 generations, father, uncles, grandfather, grandmother etc, (nowadays some even consult their young children) to view properties, likelihood you will land up not buying any. But independent opinion is still useful sometimes, if not will be loaded in one direction by agents only and landed with buyers' remorse.

draik
03-01-13, 16:00
I have not break the news yet because once in a blue moon, I will hear from one family member or friend saying people are crazy to buy small apartment with so much money, or why need to show off by staying in condo and land yourself in huge debt...and things like that.

My parents may think I am crazy to land myself half a million in debt and still dream of my 3rd property. Or maybe they may be proud of me.

Maybe I should only break the news after TOP.

mcmlxxvi
03-01-13, 16:05
Why bother about what others think. Its your own money and you answer to no one but yourself.

sh
03-01-13, 17:27
I have not break the news yet because once in a blue moon, I will hear from one family member or friend saying people are crazy to buy small apartment with so much money, or why need to show off by staying in condo and land yourself in huge debt...and things like that.

My parents may think I am crazy to land myself half a million in debt and still dream of my 3rd property. Or maybe they may be proud of me.

Maybe I should only break the news after TOP.

yeah, for the older generation debt is bad... but we're living with the current situation of low interest rate and high inflation, debt is the best thing to have... if the banks will lend you... I got lots of debt... part of the reason why I don't tell them everything.... too much explanation to do... very stress...:scared-3:

Let MCM said, 'you answer to no one but yourself'.... live with the consequences of your action....

irisng
03-01-13, 22:08
yeah, for the older generation debt is bad... but we're living with the current situation of low interest rate and high inflation, debt is the best thing to have... if the banks will lend you... I got lots of debt... part of the reason why I don't tell them everything.... too much explanation to do... very stress...:scared-3:

Let MCM said, 'you answer to no one but yourself'.... live with the consequences of your action....

My colleague cum my god sister's sister at her late 40's also has this thinking, she prefers to put her money in the bank, she said it is safer. When I first bought my EC, she would say why get yourself into such a heavy debt, both husband and wife need to work, either one cannot live without a job. Though we had already cleared our loan, but she didn't know, no point telling her, if not she will think that I'm proud, sign.... So, definitely the 2nd ppty, better keep my mouth shut.:tongue3:

samp
04-01-13, 06:13
Interesting to find that the son is an agent with ERA:o http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/agent/mr-travis-ye-220508/travis-ye

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/2/c/b/4/2cb41f26403552_1_V120B.jpg

If you have not heard of Travis, you are not the only one. Travis started his real estate academic journey back in 2006 and graduated from Singapore Poly with a Diploma in Property Development & Facility Management. After serving his national service, he decided to future proof his education by pursuing a degree from the University of Melbourne. Travis recently graduated with a bachelor of environments majoring in property. At a young age he figured that a strong education background will lay a strong foundation for success. Today Travis is at the top of his game. His dedication, conviction and commitment to excellence is driven by his passion and love for real estate.

Travis takes great pride in seeing a transaction through from beginning to end. Whether you are buying your first piece of property or you are a seasoned buyer, it is his goal to answer all of your questions and to exceed your expectations. Transactions handled by Travis will seem effortless due to his strong work ethnic and behind the scenes handling all of your real estate business. As a former naval diver during national service, he has cultivated a skill which is doing things with pride.

Travis and his family are all seasoned investors with an eye for opportunities. Travis invested in his first condominium property at the age of 23. Till date he has already made paper savings of half a million. Unlike most agents, Travis walks the talk.

Feel free to call him for a non-obligatory discussion. He will be more than willing to help!

Let's use Travis for our next property purchase:o
http://www.cea.gov.sg/cea/app/newimplpublicregister/view.jspa?licNo=L3002382K&regNo=R045639C

Like mother like son.

CondoWE
04-01-13, 06:45

Debt is bad if it's a bad debt. If we are talking about good debt that give you a good yield and capital appreciation than we should go for it :D :D :D !

chestnut
04-01-13, 09:27
Debt is bad if it's a bad debt. If we are talking about good debt that give you a good yield and capital appreciation than we should go for it :D :D :D !

Brudder, have you gone thru the 2 major recessions - Asian Crisis and SARs??? What you are doing is great !!!!! Compliments... Just dont get caught up when Euphoria hits... When everyone is excited and greedy - start unwinding a bit hor... We are not at this stage in my opinion.... There is still some meat left... Question is how much and how long??? But once everyone start going crazy and talking about shares and properties, thats the time to start being cautious....

Just a friendly advice... Nothing rises forever... Must save some money for rainy days and opportunities in a bear situation. At bear stage, thats where the big bucks are made when it turns bull...

leftfield
04-01-13, 10:49
Debt seems like a dirty word in our Asian society.

The correct term to use shld be leverage. If we look at how corporates operate, too little leverage i.e. little debt is no good for growth.

So there u go, if want to grow, must take on some debt! :D

mcmlxxvi
04-01-13, 11:27
Debt IS money. Period.