PDA

View Full Version : will a day come when all foreigners stop renting & start buying

auroraborealis
17-12-12, 09:44
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/question/152467/hi-i-am-working-in-a-singapore-i-am-looking-to-pur

if govt policy is to attract top FTs
means these FTs prob have lots $$$
then how? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
more ghost towns? who affected most?

recently read quite a few of such qns when surfing
seems more n more foreigners think better to buy not rent

DC33_2008
17-12-12, 09:46
It has started a few years ago. You can ask people here on how many of their tenants has stopped renting as they have bought a place. I have one.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/question/152467/hi-i-am-working-in-a-singapore-i-am-looking-to-pur

hyenergix
17-12-12, 09:51
It has started a few years ago. You can ask people here on how many of their tenants has stopped renting as they have bought a place. I have one.

Urs is MM or large 2-3 bedder? I believe 1 bedder MM demand will continue to go up both in terms of rental n sales.

buttercarp
17-12-12, 09:51
Yes, it may be possible.
Then it may become like HK where the housing prices are too exorbitant for the commoner and the blue collared workers.
But I think our government will control the situation by introducing more CMs.

wt_know
17-12-12, 09:54
it's happening
rich FT is either PR or new citizen
buy private property, park their $$ for high yield assuming property price continue to inch up, cash out and return home ... huat ah
isn't there was an article tallk about an Indian FT ... take max loan and max period. monthly mortgage is cheaper than monthly rent with the conclusion it's stupid to rent

sh
17-12-12, 10:05
10% ABSD is a deterent... FT buay song mah...

leesg123
17-12-12, 11:08
If the rent is foot buy company, then doesnt make sense to buy.

howgozit
17-12-12, 11:13
will never happen.

it is too expensive.

the profile of foreigners range from the marginal to the filthy rich.... not all can put down that kind of money and pay the ABSD even if they are willing (and many are still unwilling).

rentals will always be there, it will just vary according to market conditions.

minority
17-12-12, 11:21
when there are no more S or E passes then We kan jong again. u look at me I look at u. No 1 rent.

Then blame jeng hu lor! Thats always the case mah. just complain!!! tats what we are good at.

Allthepies
17-12-12, 11:22
80-20 rule applies, not all will want to buy.

chestnut
17-12-12, 11:22

Bro, mine started in 2005 when my tenant bot his own place because he rented from me for 8 years... He wanted to buy my unit. I did not sell. He bot a unit in the same development for 1.2 Mil then. But I still rented out my unit... Hahahaha

chestnut
17-12-12, 11:25
80-20 rule applies, not all will want to buy.

Bro, you are so rite... Those who want to become citizen will most probably buy.... Those who want to be PR, may buy. Those who marry a citizen will definitely buy (ok la - 80% chance).
Hahahahaha

radha08
17-12-12, 18:31

happened to me too my ex hdb tenant bought a 2bedder resale pc...and moved out...so i moved in to my hdb..:D

hyenergix
17-12-12, 19:06
A lot of new condos under construction are at Pasir Ris. I expect most buyers r HDB upgraders nearby. Renting could b competitive when they start to TOP. Owners of e PC tt TOP first stands to gain more.

DC33_2008
17-12-12, 19:47
Large two bedders. No problem with rental as it is in D1.
Urs is MM or large 2-3 bedder? I believe 1 bedder MM demand will continue to go up both in terms of rental n sales.

zeamybro
17-12-12, 20:42
A lot of new condos under construction are at Pasir Ris. I expect most buyers r HDB upgraders nearby. Renting could b competitive when they start to TOP. Owners of e PC tt TOP first stands to gain more.

I have quite a number of friends who bought the BUC PCs at pasir ris for own stay. Two families are HDB upgraders who intend to shift into the PCs and rent out their HDBs in the future. Another one is an elderly lady who lives in a semi-D at changi. After her husband passes away earlier this yr, her fear of staying alone grew increasingly so she bought herself a 2br at RB for own stay. Now she is trying to dispose off her landed and temp move in with one of her sons staying in HDB.

hyenergix
17-12-12, 20:50
I have quite a number of friends who bought the BUC PCs at pasir ris for own stay. Two families are HDB upgraders who intend to shift into the PCs and rent out their HDBs in the future. Another one is an elderly lady who lives in a semi-D at changi. After her husband passes away earlier this yr, her fear of staying alone grew increasingly so she bought herself a 2br at RB for own stay. Now she is trying to dispose off her landed and temp move in with one of her sons staying in HDB.

The number of PCs in tt area is very large. New BTOs r coming up also (I believe some will rent out 1 or 2 rooms). My friend who shifted to Livia had slight difficulty getting good rental for his large HDB last year, n had terminated his lease due to problematic tenant recently. Going forward, I c this area challenging.

zeamybro
17-12-12, 21:11
The number of PCs in tt area is very large. New BTOs r coming up also (I believe some will rent out 1 or 2 rooms). My friend who shifted to Livia had slight difficulty getting good rental for his large HDB last year, n had terminated his lease due to problematic tenant recently. Going forward, I c this area challenging.

I guess those who work in the far east will rent the units there. Another group would be those with tighter budget. Since the pcs there are sold relatively cheaper than most other parts of sg, they should be leased out at lower rentals as well, esp the larger units. Not so sure if there will be rental market for the 1br there though...

Not vested there but I believe there will always be market for diff segments. :cheers2:

kane
17-12-12, 23:06
a see very little subsale/resale/new-sale supply on the market for them to tap on.