PDA

View Full Version : investing in neighbour country

sean see
14-12-12, 19:49
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/johor-land-getting-pricier-growing-demand-20121214 (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/johor-land-getting-pricier-growing-demand-20121214)

Johor land getting pricier on growing demand
Land values in Johor have crept up in the last few years as a result of the growing demand for industrial land and buildings - although at a pace slower than that in the Klang Valley and in Penang. A number of factors account for this. One is the growth of the Port of Tanjung Pelepas. Another is the recent developments between Malaysia and Singapore, specifically the joint-venture projects between their companies. An example is Singapore's Ascendas Land International Pte Ltd and Malaysia's UEM Land coming together to build a RM3.7 billion (S$1.48 billion) integrated tech park in Nusajaya. Property consultants say a growing number of Singapore companies are beginning to seriously consider building factories in the southern state.

with the up and coming iskandar, will JB be the next alternative to invest beside singapore?

(http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/johor-land-getting-pricier-growing-demand-20121214)

FREDDIE
14-12-12, 21:41
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/johor-land-getting-pricier-growing-demand-20121214 (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/johor-land-getting-pricier-growing-demand-20121214)

Land values in Johor have crept up in the last few years as a result of the growing demand for industrial land and buildings - although at a pace slower than that in the Klang Valley and in Penang. A number of factors account for this. One is the growth of the Port of Tanjung Pelepas. Another is the recent developments between Malaysia and Singapore, specifically the joint-venture projects between their companies. An example is Singapore's Ascendas Land International Pte Ltd and Malaysia's UEM Land coming together to build a RM3.7 billion (S$1.48 billion) integrated tech park in Nusajaya. Property consultants say a growing number of Singapore companies are beginning to seriously consider building factories in the southern state.

with the up and coming iskandar, will JB be the next alternative to invest beside singapore?

(http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium/top-stories/johor-land-getting-pricier-growing-demand-20121214)
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT ]

What we worry is no or very few second hand market. :doh:

graveyard
15-12-12, 02:17

this is already happening

google nusajaya, horizon hill, east ledang, puteri harbour

graveyard
15-12-12, 02:19
What we worry is no or very few second hand market. :doh:

if ur area is prime, 2nd hand market is robust. if you monitor JB market closely over the past years, you will know it has experienced what property market in SG has experienced. Owners easily make RM100K onwards on subsales, its not uncommon to gain RM200K

hyenergix
15-12-12, 05:52
if ur area is prime, 2nd hand market is robust. if you monitor JB market closely over the past years, you will know it has experienced what property market in SG has experienced. Owners easily make RM100K onwards on subsales, its not uncommon to gain RM200K

True for my case :cheers1:

mcmlxxvi
15-12-12, 09:27
Any gain is on paper until realised. For msia there is policy risk IMO.

If one day suddenly they hantak kaki on the policy that's it you're stuck.

hyenergix
15-12-12, 10:00
It will b good as long as bilateral ties r OK like now. If anything goes wrong, I'm prepared to write it off. Overseas investment r inherently risky but I think I have done enough homework on this one.

mcmlxxvi
15-12-12, 11:09
It will b good as long as bilateral ties r OK like now. If anything goes wrong, I'm prepared to write it off. Overseas investment r inherently risky but I think I have done enough homework on this one.

That's true.... with the way that govt / govt backed outfits are going in as well, it will boom for yet another 5-10 yrs at least.

radha08
15-12-12, 11:11
please make sure u got spare tyre if going jb...:D

radha08
15-12-12, 11:15
http://edm.iproperty.com/my/ScudaiDev/SG/index.html

sean see
15-12-12, 11:16
Yes totally agreed. Make sure u have enough spare $ utimately Singapore is still relatively protected by the govt

phantom_opera
15-12-12, 11:20
Zhuhai prime condo is 1/5 of psf of Hong Kong NT(East) and NT (West) condo

JB prime should therefore be 1/5 psf of Woodlands

say Woodlands is SGD 1000psf then JB prime should be 200psf = RM500psf so RM 500k for 1000sqft home

other than freehold landed vs 70y leasehold condo in Zhuhai, the price gap is sama sama, I would say just buy something in case you cannot retire in Singapore then rent out everything here and go stay in JB (by then crime issue should be solved liao)

mcmlxxvi
15-12-12, 11:21
Ha. bro radha is really referring to real spare tyre. :doh:

mcmlxxvi
15-12-12, 11:22

say Woodlands is SGD 1000psf then JB prime should be 200psf = RM500psf so RM 500k for 1000sqft home

it is already there, I would say just buy something in case you cannot retire in Singapore then rent out everything here and go stay in JB (by then crime issue should be solved liao)

mai tuleow..... sooooooooo cheeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp SGD153psf

phantom_opera
15-12-12, 11:24
mai tuleow..... sooooooooo cheeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp SGD153psf

a lot of Malay Singaporeans have holiday homes in JB or they will share a van go shop until drop in JB during weekends ... back with full van of groceries

if you have been to Bukit Indah Jusco ... you will realize how expensive Singapore is, just check prices of JCO coffee/donut

radha08
15-12-12, 11:27
Ha. bro radha is really referring to real spare tyre. :doh:

yes bro last week i went jb...kns tyre punctured...lucky i had spare and all tools to change...blady small roads are a nightmare:scared-1:

graveyard
15-12-12, 13:07
Any gain is on paper until realised. For msia there is policy risk IMO.

If one day suddenly they hantak kaki on the policy that's it you're stuck.

the lower price u are paying (comparing to sg property after currency conversion) is compensation for taking up additional risk in investing in msia (including political risk)

i think peter lim and those scores of MNC setting up shops at nusajaya will be in much deeper trouble than all of us here who are investing in msia property

graveyard
15-12-12, 13:10

other than freehold landed vs 70y leasehold condo in Zhuhai, the price gap is sama sama, I would say just buy something in case you cannot retire in Singapore then rent out everything here and go stay in JB (by then crime issue should be solved liao)

JB city condos already hit RM1000psf. Banking on the RTS by 2018

graveyard
15-12-12, 13:17
a lot of Malay Singaporeans have holiday homes in JB or they will share a van go shop until drop in JB during weekends ... back with full van of groceries

if you have been to Bukit Indah Jusco ... you will realize how expensive Singapore is, just check prices of JCO coffee/donut

prices in bukit indah is considered expensive to malaysian because its location is prime. if u go to outskirts like tampoi, tun aminah, skudai etc, things are cheaper and u get more stretch on ur SGD

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 13:50
Our senior minister of state for MTI and MND is endorsing on the potential of iskandar. Association of SMEs really has the backing from garment now.

mcmlxxvi
15-12-12, 14:03
prices in bukit indah is considered expensive to malaysian because its location is prime. if u go to outskirts like tampoi, tun aminah, skudai etc, things are cheaper and u get more stretch on ur SGD

I ever dated a F4 look alike riding a Phantom bike from Skudai.... :ashamed1:

graveyard
15-12-12, 16:10
Our senior minister of state for MTI and MND is endorsing on the potential of iskandar. Association of SMEs really has the backing from garment now.

Spore increased investment stake in Iskandar

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/spore-remains-biggest-foreign-investor-iskandar-054659501--sector.html

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 16:16
Heard Teega at puteri harbour two towers already sold out and the last tower launching this weekend will be sold out too. Most buyers are foreigners. Not surprise to see singaporean in the queue.
Spore increased investment stake in Iskandar

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/spore-remains-biggest-foreign-investor-iskandar-054659501--sector.html

graveyard
15-12-12, 16:21
Heard Teega at puteri harbour two towers already sold out and the last tower launching this weekend will be sold out too. Most buyers are foreigners. Not surprise to see singaporean in the queue.

Encorp Marine, Pinetree and Teega are 3 main condos at PH. People Q since 5am on first day of previeew launch. Many angmoh like the place (similar to their lifestyle back home -same with east ledang) and quite a number of buyers is angmoh. there is a CIQ there with ferry services from PH to HarborFront so most of buyers are looking at either own stay or renting out to people working in Spore) - thats why even Encorp Marine condo is quickly sold out even at RM1300psf which is crazy in current property market in JB.

Marina view units are snapped up by VVIP i heard ..those who buy 25units and above

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 16:36
Make sense for a FH unit with marina view at a fraction of the cost compared to reflection at keppel? Heard ferry will be leaving from harbour front to the puteri harbour in the first quarter of next year.
Encorp Marine, Pinetree and Teega are 3 main condos at PH. People Q since 5am on first day of previeew launch. Many angmoh like the place (similar to their lifestyle back home -same with east ledang) and quite a number of buyers is angmoh. there is a CIQ there with ferry services from PH to HarborFront so most of buyers are looking at either own stay or renting out to people working in Spore) - thats why even Encorp Marine condo is quickly sold out even at RM1300psf which is crazy in current property market in JB.

Marina view units are snapped up by VVIP i heard ..those who buy 25units and above

graveyard
15-12-12, 16:40
Make sense for a FH unit with marina view at a fraction of the cost compared to reflection at keppel.

yeaa. reflection at RM5000psf vs Encorp Marine at RM1300psf. Reflection at harborfront, Encorp can reach harborfront by ferry. Reflection leasehold, Encorp FH. no brainer for foreign investors. not sure how the ferry service work out though, operational by Q2 2013

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 16:48
Heard that it will go over batam too. Got an Angmos Friend who works in CBD purchase a unit at puteria harbour. Lots of company like public listed company (yongnam which provides structural steel system to MBS and quite a no. of mrt projects), khong Guan, etc
yeaa. reflection at RM5000psf vs Encorp Marine at RM1300psf. Reflection at harborfront, Encorp can reach harborfront by ferry. Reflection leasehold, Encorp FH. no brainer for foreign investors. not sure how the ferry service work out though, operational by Q2 2013

graveyard
15-12-12, 17:15
Heard that it will go over batam too. Got an Angmos Friend who works in CBD purchase a unit at puteria harbour. Lots of company like public listed company (yongnam which provides structural steel system to MBS and quite a no. of mrt projects), khong Guan, etc

yea. harborfront quite close to CDB. many big shot MNCs in nusajaya. well lets see how it turns out. lots of investment but havent see significant return/productivity generated yet. too early to tell now

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 17:26
There is always risk in any kind of investment, especially foreign investment. Just do not invest too much.
yea. harborfront quite close to CDB. many big shot MNCs in nusajaya. well lets see how it turns out. lots of investment but havent see significant return/productivity generated yet. too early to tell now

hyenergix
15-12-12, 17:48
I'm not comfortable w so many condos coming up near 1st n 2nd links. Wait till u c e peak hour jam when they TOP. I project tolls will start to climb to relieve congestion. May not worth e trouble. Weekend or retirement home is still highly feasible though.

graveyard
15-12-12, 18:01
I'm not comfortable w so many condos coming up near 1st n 2nd links. Wait till u c e peak hour jam when they TOP. I project tolls will start to climb to relieve congestion. May not worth e trouble. Weekend or retirement home is still highly feasible though.

u cant go wrong with a condo near the proposed RTS (assume it will materialize). it depends on which stage of your life you are in. If you are in your 20s, early 30s with no car, you may prefer to stay in a city condo. if you have a family and a car, landed at outside CBD districts may be a better choice.

hyenergix
15-12-12, 18:10
I think Singapore government is making a concession to acknowledge Iskandar. The game plan is likely to encourage low-medium end manufacturing at Iskandar zone B, while giving them incentives to set up HQ in Singapore (I suspect at JLD).

The MRT link is part of the package that the Singapore government has to make in order to swap the railway land. Therefore don't pin too much hope on this MRT link, as it is likely to drain away wealth from Singapore to JB and the government definitely needs to protect the land sales and tourism. This is from my observation of why the Singapore custom is forever so slow compare to the JB side. It is likely to be slow for a reason.

Things are still evolving and that is all I can guess from the slow leakage of info to the press and my own observations on the ground.

phantom_opera
15-12-12, 18:27
Hong Kong Zhuhai 5 to 1
Singapore JB 10 to 1
How soon can become 5 to 1
This is investment 101

graveyard
15-12-12, 18:27
I think Singapore government is making a concession to acknowledge Iskandar. The game plan is likely to encourage low-medium end manufacturing at Iskandar zone B, while giving them incentives to set up HQ in Singapore (I suspect at JLD).

The MRT link is part of the package that the Singapore government has to make in order to swap the railway land. Therefore don't pin too much hope on this MRT link, as it is likely to drain away wealth from Singapore to JB and the government definitely needs to protect the land sales and tourism. This is from my observation of why the Singapore custom is forever so slow compare to the JB side. It is likely to be slow for a reason.

Things are still evolving and that is all I can guess from the slow leakage of info to the press and my own observations on the ground.

Def the RTS will benefit msia more than it benefit sg. i tot its is the other way round .. JB customs is slower tahn SG customs. SG customs is quite efficient as far as i can see

there may be hiccup along the way but i am confident the RTS will work out eventually. maybe delayed. of course till the official announcement, i will still take it with a little pinch of salt. Anyhow, the most human traffic is still in zone A of Iskandar and unless the causeway is not used in future, JB CBD will do fine even without the RTS

graveyard
15-12-12, 18:29
Hong Kong Zhuhai 5 to 1
Singapore JB 10 to 1
How soon can become 5 to 1
This is investment 101

dont want to wait too long. JB price is surging. price differential with SG closing

hyenergix
15-12-12, 18:33
Def the RTS will benefit msia more than it benefit sg. i tot its is the other way round .. JB customs is slower tahn SG customs. SG customs is quite efficient as far as i can see

there may be hiccup along the way but i am confident the RTS will work out eventually. maybe delayed. of course till the official announcement, i will still take it with a little pinch of salt. Anyhow, the most human traffic is still in zone A of Iskandar and unless the causeway is not used in future, JB CBD will do fine even without the RTS

I had a much longer waiting time at Singapore customs. Maybe I sway.

If the 1st link custom is very smooth, more or less I can guarantee you a mass migration to JB. It is already happening in a small way at 2nd link but for the middle income Singaporeans/PRs and ang mos because they can afford the tolls.

graveyard
15-12-12, 18:37
I had a much longer waiting time at Singapore customs. Maybe I sway.

If the 1st link custom is very smooth, more or less I can guarantee you a mass migration to JB. It is already happening in a small way at 2nd link but for the middle income Singaporeans/PRs and ang mos because they can afford the tolls.

actually i am curious. HK and shenzhen is connected by train. HK is like sg, shenzhen is ike msia in terms of property price. do we see many hongkong ppl or foreigners moving over to shenzhen and commute to work everyday? not sure where i can get the info from ..maybe i will ask my hk colleague

yea i am aware. most in east ledang, bt indah, nusajaya zone. especially for those with cars and family. singles expat probabyl be better off staying in SG but when you have a family with kids, and your wife is not working, putting them up in JB can save a lot more than what the tolls cost you

hyenergix
15-12-12, 18:38
Graveyard - If I'm not wrong you bought two condos near the links and looking around for a 3rd one. I believe you locked in both of them at quite good price. I recommend to go for G&G FH landed at 2nd link. Condo will become very common in the next few years. Nothing beats the prestige of a landed.

graveyard
15-12-12, 18:47
Graveyard - If I'm not wrong you bought two condos near the links and looking around for a 3rd one. I believe you locked in both of them at quite good price. I recommend to go for G&G FH landed at 2nd link. Condo will become very common in the next few years. Nothing beats the prestige of a landed.

hi hyenergix. yes you are right. the 2nd ones is my latest purchase so no 4th one for time being unless i strike 10M CNY angpower lottery. my 3rd is a G&G landed near yours. Agree condos are getting common. But not condos at prime areas where land is limited and exp, CBD and along coastal. I intend to dispose the city condo once it top. Will be looking at another landed after that

hyenergix
15-12-12, 18:52
hi hyenergix. yes you are right. i also have a G&G landed. near your landed. Agree condos are getting common. But not condos at prime areas where land is limited and exp, CBD and along coastal. I intend to dispose the city condo once it top. Will be looking at another landed after that

Sounds good, but do note Singaporeans like to buy condo direct from developers, even at a premium. Landed is where the demand will escalate next year so must fast leg fast hand.

graveyard
15-12-12, 18:54
Sounds good, but do note Singaporean likes to buy condo direct from developers, even at a premium. Landed is where the demand will escalate next year so must fast leg fast hand.

do u know the reason? well thats why i invested in a low density condo. if the condo is highly sought after and all units are sold by TOP, sporeans who die die must buy that condo will have to buy subsales.

hyenergix
15-12-12, 19:04
do u know the reason? well thats why i invested in a low density condo. if the condo is highly sought after and all units are sold by TOP, sporeans who die die must buy that condo will have to buy subsales.

Talk to you via PM.

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 20:59
Still have a reservation on landed in iskandar on security even though it is double gated. Just too open. One does not need such a big place for retirement. A small place is more manageable. Maybe I am staying in a landed in Singapore. Just want view, sea and wind. QUOTE=hyenergix]Sounds good, but do note Singaporeans like to buy condo direct from developers, even at a premium. Landed is where the demand will escalate next year so must fast leg fast hand.[/QUOTE]

graveyard
15-12-12, 21:15
yes nowdays cluster houses at JB are getting popular. 3500sqf upwards. just too big and maintainence nightmare! hmm then sell ur SG landed and buy Teega or Pinetree. u get wind, well straits and sun

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 21:17
Already got some in Singapore and PH.
yes nowdays cluster houses at JB are getting popular. 3500sqf upwards. just too big and maintainence nightmare! hmm then sell ur SG landed and buy Teega or Pinetree. u get wind, well straits and sun

graveyard
15-12-12, 21:18
Already got some in Singapore and PH.

Very nice. so u are vested in PH too. Teega?

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 21:20
Nope. My is unblock marina view and on 2nd top floor too. Roof top worried about leaks and heat. Never put too much in overseas investment given its rental yield and capital appreciation, currency exchange, politics, etc. Just buy some.
Very nice. so u are vested in PH too. Teega?

graveyard
15-12-12, 21:24
Nope. My is unblock marina view and on 2nd top floor too. Roof top worried about leaks and heat.

encorp marina? the marina view is hot. did u Q up very early in the morning to get the unit

buttercarp
15-12-12, 21:28
please make sure u got spare tyre if going jb...:D

Liddat yowetan better not go there cos his honda fit got no spare tyre.

radha08
15-12-12, 21:32
Liddat yowetan better not go there cos his honda fit got no spare tyre.

he can drive taxi there...:D

hyenergix
15-12-12, 21:45
Still have a reservation on landed in iskandar on security even though it is double gated. Just too open. One does not need such a big place for retirement. A small place is more manageable. Maybe I am staying in a landed in Singapore. Just want view, sea and wind.

U r rite. Too big for retirement for me. Juz bought for fun, maybe as weekend hse. Looking forward to reno it up as a hobby. Actual retirement hse is yet to b decided. I'm still far from official retirement age.

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 21:48
The risk of investing in Malaysia is the big question: who can you sell to/ who wants to buy from you? Just like you, too long to official retirement but working to retire before 50.

U r rite. Too big for retirement for me. Juz bought for fun, maybe as weekend hse. Looking forward to reno it up as a hobby. Actual retirement hse is yet to b decided. I'm still far from official retirement age.[/QUOTE]

hyenergix
15-12-12, 21:50
Nope. My is unblock marina view and on 2nd top floor too. Roof top worried about leaks and heat. Never put too much in overseas investment given its rental yield and capital appreciation, currency exchange, politics, etc. Just buy some.

I'm tired of high rise view. Quite ur reverse. The grass is always greener on e other side.

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 21:54
Passive income from rental of singapore properties in Singapore to fund my retirement plan. Still like the marina bay view on the 33rd floor in singapore. Just hope the marina view here will be good.
I'm tired of high rise view. Quite ur reverse. The grass is always greener on e other side.

hyenergix
15-12-12, 21:56
The risk of investing in Malaysia is the big question: who can you sell to/ who wants to buy from you? Just like you, too long to official retirement but working to retire before 50.

Not an issue to resell.

DC33_2008
15-12-12, 21:58
That is good to know. Still believe property is bought to be kept. :)
Not an issue to resell.

Shanhz
16-12-12, 10:05

agree on the customs thing. sgp will not be inefficient for no good reason. iskandar could become a threat in some aspects, yet garmen LPPL because if they dun cooperate, the plane might still take off (without us). so better to be a part of it than not. of coz it is also a good plan to spin off low value industries to JB and keep high value in sgp. pros and cons. only way to know is 20-30 years from now.

buttercarp
16-12-12, 12:21
he can drive taxi there...:D

ROTFL...... bro, you have a wonderful sense of humour!

leesg123
16-12-12, 22:31
Problem with jb properties is the rental issue. Everyone is banging hard on capital appreciation. Everyone say dont mind leave it empty. Imagine if 80percent of the development is empty...

Open eyes wide wide. If you can have both rental cum capital appreciation, why just choose a property that only gives you capital appreciation?

Ringo33
17-12-12, 06:35
Problem with jb properties is the rental issue. Everyone is banging hard on capital appreciation. Everyone say dont mind leave it empty. Imagine if 80percent of the development is empty...

Open eyes wide wide. If you can have both rental cum capital appreciation, why just choose a property that only gives you capital appreciation?

Most of the land at Leisure Farm and East Ledang are actually empty. Going there somehow give you a feel of going into a cemetery looking for grave.

But land prices have appreciate quite alot recently.