PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Michael Palmer resigns as Speaker of Parliament and the PAP.

roly8
12-12-12, 14:02
BREAKING: Michael Palmer resigns from PAP and Parliament due to improper relationship with a staff working in Pasir Ris Punggol GRC

and

He is MP of Punggol East Single Member Constituency.

Which means.... By Election!!!!

WP gotch chance liao.

roly8
12-12-12, 14:08
update:

Speaker of Parliament Michael Palmer has resigned as an MP today after revealing that he had been involved in an extramarital affair.

He made the stunning announcement at a press conference in the PAP headquarters this afternoon.

He said he resigned to "take full responsibility for a grave mistake" and to avoid further embarrassment to the PAP and to Parliament.

He applogised unreservedly and said the relationship was with a staff member of the People's Association in Pasir Ris - Punggol.

DPM Teo Chee Hean, who was also at the press conference also apologised to residents on behalf of the party and himself.

He said Minister of State and Mayor Teo Ser Luck will oversee the Punggol East constituency.

Mr Zainal Sapari will be the new chairman of the town council and Deputy Speaker Charles Chong will serve as Acting Speaker.

roly8
12-12-12, 14:11
got any condo in punggol east?

actually, me dunno punggol split into west & east :o

star
12-12-12, 14:13
If got by election PAP will sure win. If lose no more punggol 21 plans so vote carefully hor. :p watertown owners will cry the loudest if PAP loses.

Kelonguni
12-12-12, 14:13
BREAKING: Michael Palmer resigns from PAP and Parliament due to improper relationship with a staff working in Pasir Ris Punggol GRC

and

WP gotch chance liao.

Time to shout: property down by 50% or more!

rymccondo77
12-12-12, 14:15
got any condo in punggol east?

actually, me dunno punggol split into west & east :o

Completed condos - No.

Under construction / to be constructed - Think the PCs River Isles, Flo Residences and the EC Riverparc Residence are part of Punggol East.

Shanhz
12-12-12, 14:17
whether or not there is by-election depends on whether many pple cry foul or not. coz this is PAP ward to start with, they may just assign another MP to take over.

the last one was becoz oppo ward, so the indian aunty went to make noise.

sherlock
12-12-12, 14:19
So we can suppose the WP will make some noise this time round :banghead:

Allthepies
12-12-12, 14:35
If punggol 21 plan terminated better for me, the resource will be channeled to the rest of the major developments. Ha residents pls vote for opposition, ha ha.;) ;)

rymccondo77
12-12-12, 14:38
Punggol East is at one "corner" of Punggol - won't stop the rest of Punggol 21 plan.

Shanhz
12-12-12, 14:39
Punggol East is at one "corner" of Punggol - won't stop the rest of Punggol 21 plan.

Sounds like Matilda's corner.
bro roly, you dun want to go into that.

jeaprp
12-12-12, 14:44

and

WP gotch chance liao.

think no by-election lah, kelong

jayphus
12-12-12, 14:54
I always thought Punggol town is the estate north of TPE. Punggol East SMC is actually rivervale???

mcmlxxvi
12-12-12, 15:50
Hmm. Does all goodlooking men stray?

http://www.prpg-tc.org.sg/cms/index.php?page=our-mps

Website not updated yet. LOL

bsslang
12-12-12, 16:24
Dun know what is wrong with this dragon year? Man more itchy this year or girls more attractive this year? Or simply just a good year to reproduce...:beats-me-man:

Kanarazu
12-12-12, 16:30
If got by election PAP will sure win. If lose no more punggol 21 plans so vote carefully hor. :p watertown owners will cry the loudest if PAP loses.

WP Lee Li Lian had 41% under 3 corner fight last year. Assuming Desmond Lim's 4.5% goes to her WP should have 45.5% and it will be a good fight and referendum on PAP report card.

fiat500
12-12-12, 16:36
Don't bother too much who will take over or whether there is bi -election or not lah...
It's more interesting to find out who he got involved with n how it was discovered?
I am sure he was asked to resign after being caught! :D

rymccondo77
12-12-12, 17:28
I always thought Punggol town is the estate north of TPE. Punggol East SMC is actually rivervale???

(1) You are right. Punggol East actually covers part of Sengkang (mainly the Rivervale area).

(2) The Singapore electoral map is found at this website:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/annex/2011map.pdf (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/annex/2011map.pdf)

rymccondo77
12-12-12, 17:30

Punggol East ward is not part of Punggol !!!

Don't think it will have any impact on Punggol 21 plans :)

azeoprop
12-12-12, 17:50
Punggol east smc is actually Sengkang east of punggol road, i.e. rivervale area. The south boundary is sengkang east ave.

So the only condo in this area is rivervale crest.

:beats-me-man:

minority
12-12-12, 18:48
provider the WP dont Chow Lor....

Komo
12-12-12, 19:33
now they better hurry put a banner "vote pap" at the hdb hub pongul model display:D

DC33_2008
12-12-12, 21:09
What reason can PM give for not having by-election?

Allthepies
12-12-12, 21:09
Ha why all so worried tat punngol 21 plan or Sengkang plan terminated?? :D :D :D if so scare then don't itchy finger anyhow vote loh. :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

proud owner
12-12-12, 21:14
Ha why all so worried tat punngol 21 plan or Sengkang plan terminated?? :D :D :D if so scare then don't itchy finger anyhow vote loh. :tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

men from that area ...steady lah ... casanova

Allthepies
12-12-12, 21:29
men from that area ...steady lah ... casanova

Ha then singapore birth rate got hope liao:D :D

proud owner
12-12-12, 21:33
Ha then singapore birth rate got hope liao:D :D

did u see the new thread ?

someone named STAR painting a very negative scenario of Opposition alerady

focus
12-12-12, 22:06
God send for Chee SJ.

Just discharged from bankruptcy and this thing erupted.

august
12-12-12, 22:51
i remembered all the things PAP hurled at WP during last yr's Hougang by-election and now cannot help but think of the word karma. :cool:

proud owner
12-12-12, 22:55
i remembered all the things PAP hurled at WP during last yr's Hougang by-election and now cannot help but think of the word karma. :cool:

hahahah

theres a chinese saying :

day guard night guard,
own burglar hard to guard

wendytan
12-12-12, 23:00
IF No by election that means it shows that PAP is SCARE of losing !

minority
13-12-12, 06:52
Seems like no privacy left teft these days. Everyone only interested in seeing show. Kick the dog. That is sad.

ysyap
13-12-12, 07:11
IF No by election that means it shows that PAP is SCARE of losing !PM is definitely pressured to have by-election lah. If not people sure make lots of noise coz Hougang had one for PAP to have a 2nd chance now why don't allow a 2nd chance for WP? :tsk-tsk: The next GE is not so near that PM can opt out of the by election...

ysyap
13-12-12, 07:12
First it was Yaw, now Mr Palmer... Wow... getting interesting.

PAP 01 - WP 01

august
13-12-12, 07:18
Seems like no privacy left teft these days. Everyone only interested in seeing show. Kick the dog. That is sad.

nothing sad, no one can force him to be the dog except himself.

roly8
13-12-12, 07:55
tip off say that the expose is through the sms sent between palmer and the lady..

is the whole singapore's communication kena monitor? :o

buttercarp
13-12-12, 08:13
tip off say that the expose is through the sms sent between palmer and the lady..

is the whole singapore's communication kena monitor? :o

Who tip off?
Is it sms sent to wrong person?

roly8
13-12-12, 08:15
Who tip off?
Is it sms sent to wrong person?
duno la...
:o:o:o

azeoprop
13-12-12, 08:18
How come extramarital affairs and sex scandals so popular nowadays? :doh:

roly8
13-12-12, 08:40
How come extramarital affairs and sex scandals so popular nowadays? :doh:

indeed.

conspiracy? :spliff2:

Shanhz
13-12-12, 09:10
indeed.

conspiracy? :spliff2:

無間道............

roly8
13-12-12, 09:27
無間道............

politic is dirty..
:o:o

ysyap
13-12-12, 11:10
Who tip off?
Is it sms sent to wrong person?Reported that actually the gossip was between that lady and Teo Ser Luck. Teo then became angry that he was implicated therefore he exposed the secret affair to clear his own name...

ysyap
13-12-12, 11:12
politic is dirty..
:o:oDirty to the core... Yaw did it and his future in politics is totally washed down the drain. Now Palmer did it and his future with politics is also gone. However, Jack Neo did it but his movie industry is still doing very well with his latest movie being an instant hit... Politics is very tricky indeed... :scared-3:

roly8
13-12-12, 11:45
Dirty to the core... Yaw did it and his future in politics is totally washed down the drain. Now Palmer did it and his future with politics is also gone. However, Jack Neo did it but his movie industry is still doing very well with his latest movie being an instant hit... Politics is very tricky indeed... :scared-3:

it is about kena backstab by own colleague .. just like what happen in office..

you never know who is your enemy until sh*t happen..

:o

buttercarp
13-12-12, 11:56
Reported that actually the gossip was between that lady and Teo Ser Luck. Teo then became angry that he was implicated therefore he exposed the secret affair to clear his own name...

Really ar!
I guess she must have flirted with him too?

Dirty to the core... Yaw did it and his future in politics is totally washed down the drain. Now Palmer did it and his future with politics is also gone. However, Jack Neo did it but his movie industry is still doing very well with his latest movie being an instant hit... Politics is very tricky indeed... :scared-3:

Politics and involvement with women cannot mix.
Once a person decides to go into politics, he must be very sure that he cannot give in to temptation of women, or his career, his reputation and family will suffer.

mcmlxxvi
13-12-12, 12:03
Really ar!
I guess she must have flirted with him too?

Politics and involvement with women cannot mix.
Once a person decides to go into politics, he must be very sure that he cannot give in to temptation of women, or his career, his reputation and family will suffer.

Then men can la? :ashamed1: :tongue3:

mcmlxxvi
13-12-12, 12:06
Reported that actually the gossip was between that lady and Teo Ser Luck. Teo then became angry that he was implicated therefore he exposed the secret affair to clear his own name...

Somebody opened up a blog on 12 12 12 just to shame the lady and Mr Teo (they looked like flirting or playing in many of the photos, or rather the photos were made to look like that). But I rather see it as the message that our MPs and senior officers are human after all and entitled to fun and laughter during their RETREAT! it's not an official business trip lah....

http://lauraong.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/2/

ps: i'm just happy to see ham ham Mr Teo :ashamed1:

http://lauraong.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/46621_1602106414925_5809940_n.jpg

Teo: You horrid woman, go and snatch other people's husband! *knock your head arh!*
Ong: You talk somemore! I cut it off ok!!!

buttercarp
13-12-12, 12:13
Then men can la? :ashamed1: :tongue3:

Aiya.... just cannot be promiscuous lah:sleep: .

Somebody opened up a blog on 12 12 12 just to shame the lady and Mr Teo (they looked like flirting or playing in many of the photos, or rather the photos were made to look like that). But I rather see it as the message that our MPs and senior officers are human after all and entitled to fun and laughter during their RETREAT! it's not an official business trip lah....

I suppose the photo has been doctored?
It can't be real, right?

minority
13-12-12, 12:17
God send for Chee SJ.

Just discharged from bankruptcy and this thing erupted.

Throw that crazy dog in. u got a show.

minority
13-12-12, 12:19

ps: i'm just happy to see ham ham Mr Teo :ashamed1:

http://lauraong.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/46621_1602106414925_5809940_n.jpg

Teo: You horrid woman, go and snatch other people's husband! *knock your head arh!*
Ong: You talk somemore! I cut it off ok!!!

these days people are so free. Perhaps the engery to put to something useful will be better.

mcmlxxvi
13-12-12, 12:20
Aiya.... just cannot be promiscuous lah:sleep: .

I suppose the photo has been doctored?
It can't be real, right?

How can it be doctored? There's so many photos of them and the group...

She's really quite pretty when dressed up.

http://lauraong.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/76511_1707317725142_6727914_n.jpg

PN
13-12-12, 12:20
自古英雄和狗雄都难过美人关。
色字头上一巴刀。

mcmlxxvi
13-12-12, 12:21
these days people are so free. Perhaps the engery to put to something useful will be better.

haha.... i'm just spreading the karma. :scared-2:

buttercarp
13-12-12, 12:29
She's really quite pretty when dressed up.

I agree that she is sweet, even without dressing up.
Looks younger than her age.

mcmlxxvi
13-12-12, 12:31
Looks younger than her age.

She's carrying an LV clutch. Should we be concerned?

Nah... they're in China right... maybe just bought. LOL

buttercarp
13-12-12, 12:38
She's carrying an LV clutch. Should we be concerned?

Nah... they're in China right... maybe just bought. LOL

It is ok to carry that type of LV clutch.
It may be expensive but it is not extravagant.

Btw, she is not an MP or minister so what she carry should not be under scrutiny lah.
She can be extragavant and it does not matter to me.

roly8
13-12-12, 12:41
自古英雄和狗雄都难过美人关。
色字头上一巴刀。

hahaha! nice post :p

ysyap
13-12-12, 15:03
Throw that crazy dog in. u got a show.He's crazy only coz this is Singapore. His ideas belong more to the States... :cheers1:

ysyap
13-12-12, 15:08
Looks younger than her age.Why split with husband?

roly8
13-12-12, 15:39
Why split with husband?

is laura ong married?

orange
13-12-12, 15:46
Now her sister Cindy Ong also alleged to have resigned from PA one month ago?

Wow! More and more players in this show!

Laguna
13-12-12, 15:46
今年,竟有这样多的男人过不了美人关,
丢了官,丢了脸
连老婆都需拖下水
可耻

roly8
13-12-12, 15:48
今年,竟有这样多的男人过不了美人关,
丢了官,丢了脸
连老婆都需拖下水
可耻

sex sell..

enough said.
:o

roly8
13-12-12, 15:50
actually, this laura ong is sweet looking...

i don't mind have a gf that have similar feature like her.. :p

p.s stop asking me to chase after her, ok! :D me want privacy. :tongue3:

oh, btw... her photo was leaked through facebook

you guys better remove your photo from FB immediately..
internet is never the safe place to post your sensitive data in the first place!

once your data is online, nothing is private!

- Dr roly, managing IT solution since 200x:D

minority
13-12-12, 15:55
actually, this laura ong is sweet looking...

i don't mind have a gf that have similar feature like her.. :p

p.s stop asking me to chase after her, ok! :D me want privacy. :tongue3:

oh, btw... her photo was leaked through facebook

you guys better remove your photo from FB immediately..
internet is never the safe place to post your sensitive data in the first place!

once your data is online, nothing is private!

- Dr roly, managing IT solution since 200x:D

Rule to use internet. Never expect anything is private once u put it in the cloud. Many people are learning it the hard way.

phantom_opera
13-12-12, 15:56
今年,竟有这样多的男人过不了美人关,
丢了官,丢了脸
连老婆都需拖下水
可耻

Now I start to think Laguna is female :D

英雄难过美人关

Our MP looks a bit like 楚留香

This MP probably spends more time in PAP than at home so naturally more chance to go astray

roly8
13-12-12, 15:56
the SMS that trigger the scandal!
no idea who leak it. must be someone close to laura ong..

http://i.imgur.com/ZCGwR.jpg

roly8
13-12-12, 15:58

英雄难过美人关

Our MP looks a bit like 楚留香

This MP probably spends more time in PAP than at home so naturally more chance to go astray
omg, phantom_opera! you are pro!

omg!... so laguna is a female! OMG! got look like sweet looking like laura ong?
:D

eng81157
13-12-12, 16:05
the SMS that trigger the scandal!
no idea who leak it. must be someone close to laura ong..

http://i.imgur.com/ZCGwR.jpg

i'm amazed how such stuff gets leaked out into the public arena. did someone engage a PI?

hyenergix
13-12-12, 16:15
The level of details amazed me. Could it be a case of Trojan Horse?

phantom_opera
13-12-12, 16:22
the girl's husband is directors in 8 companies ... :doh:

minority
13-12-12, 16:24
Actually I am more amazed with the people reaction. u look at china so much indisgression so do the politician. all have some sort of mistress etc.

To me as long as the politician perform his role adequately what happen in his private life is his or her problem. Dont matter to me.

And all this dirty laundry airing from WP / PAP etc... frankly are distracting the focus of the real job at hand.

All these become some entertainment. which is wrong. its plain distracting.

proud owner
13-12-12, 16:25

You know why?

Becos singaporeans not paying Jack 1 mio every year mah.

minority
13-12-12, 16:26
The level of details amazed me. Could it be a case of Trojan Horse?

無間道 ??????????

hyenergix
13-12-12, 16:33
無間道 ??????????

Our movie industry might finally take off with this year's stories to base on.

phantom_opera
13-12-12, 16:38
无间地狱

for the girl, husband is director of 8 companies ... no time for her

for the MP, he spends more time in PAP / grass root activities than at home, no time for wife

you always have a choice in life :cheers1:

hyenergix
13-12-12, 16:40
Let's send our focus to dig out the whistle blower.

mcmlxxvi
13-12-12, 16:41
Our movie industry might finally take off with this year's stories to base on.

hahaha well said, and why is it mangoes and not bananas in the SMS,,,

yeah, only put up online what u want people to see, else put online for wat la tio bo

mcmlxxvi
13-12-12, 16:43
无间地狱

for the MP, he spends more time in PAP / grass root activities than at home, no time for wife

来啦!!
(你)怕吗??

phantom_opera
13-12-12, 16:52
nowadays online presence very risky ... once beaten ... all related photos came out in paper ...

be careful somebody tag u in Facebook :scared-1:

Laguna
13-12-12, 18:23

alamah, why fire is on me now!
I need to find a more sexy one first lah!
this one still not good enough, I think Cecila Sue is better.....hotter..

phantom_opera
13-12-12, 21:47
来啦!!
(你)怕吗??

I get it ... ha ha ;)

mcmlxxvi
14-12-12, 09:11
I get it ... ha ha ;)

thumbs up!

expected bro kana god of pun to respond first actually ha ha

Kanarazu
14-12-12, 12:57
thumbs up!

expected bro kana god of pun to respond first actually ha ha
Sorry I am late... Here's my contribution:
嘿喲什麼好怕的。

Shanhz
14-12-12, 13:17
男人有錢會變壞
女人變壞才有錢

East Lover
14-12-12, 13:33
无间地狱

For the girl, 吃饱饭太空闲
For the MP,没死过不知深浅
Lesson learnt: 兔子不吃窝边草

roly8
14-12-12, 13:42
男人有錢會變壞
女人變壞才有錢

good post, bro! :D

eng81157
14-12-12, 14:46
behold the power of internet!!

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1487100/laura_ong_was_also_dating_another_man_while_involved.html

roly8
14-12-12, 15:13
behold the power of internet!!

yes. rumor is this third man is the one who leak the info.

East Lover
14-12-12, 15:19
alamah, why fire is on me now!
I need to find a more sexy one first lah!
this one still not good enough, I think Cecila Sue is better.....hotter..
Better keep away from those women bah :D 个个都不是省油的灯!:cheers5:

roly8
14-12-12, 15:36
Better keep away from those women bah :D 个个都不是省油的灯!:cheers5:

ms east lover, you mean yourself ah?
so many properties.. me also feel jealous :scared-5::scared-5:

eng81157
14-12-12, 15:39

me think otherwise. need to have complicated shadow and cloak games to turn this into a political conspiracy

Kanarazu
14-12-12, 16:46
髒死了,爸媽,安娣不會來啦。

ysyap
16-12-12, 07:32
Tell Laura I love her, tell Laura I need her, tell Laura I may be late, there's something to do that cannot wait... :D

hyenergix
16-12-12, 07:34
Tell Laura I love her, tell Laura I need her, tell Laura I may be late, there's something to do that cannot wait... :D

R u e 3rd lover? :D

McKinnon
16-12-12, 07:52
swee meh? until put fast track career on the line?

roly8
16-12-12, 08:08
swee meh? until put fast track career on the line?

don't tell me your wife is chio bu... :o

zeamybro
16-12-12, 08:23
来啦!!
(你)怕吗??

爸妈,(我的脸)丢死了!

McKinnon
16-12-12, 08:54
yes my wife is chiobu, why else i marry her :D

don't tell me your wife is chio bu... :o

chiaberry
16-12-12, 09:01
I can't help feeling that Michael Palmer was set up. Either by one or other of his fellow party members (?jealous of his meteoric rise) or by the opposition. Either way he fell for the bait. He seems in a way "too nice" a guy to be in politics. It's a shame. I think he worked hard and was popular with the electorate.

roly8
16-12-12, 09:10
I can't help feeling that Michael Palmer was set up. Either by one or other of his fellow party members (?jealous of his meteoric rise) or by the opposition. Either way he fell for the bait. He seems in a way "too nice" a guy to be in politics. It's a shame. I think he worked hard and was popular with the electorate.
confirm he kena 'backstab' by fellow colleague..

the person might even be "the one" who is currently standby for him .

yes my wife is chiobu, why else i marry her :D

lol! don't tell me you are a yandao too...:D ( don't say here... later MCM go hunt you down! hahahaha!)

ecimbew
16-12-12, 09:12

Telco staff leaked SMS and email exchanges? Wah cow! http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1484782/exchange_of_love_smses.html

roly8
16-12-12, 09:15
Telco staff leaked SMS and email exchanges? Wah cow! http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1484782/exchange_of_love_smses.html

it is telco staff or the girl's ex bf (andy lim) ?:o

McKinnon
16-12-12, 09:30
* switch on gaydar :D

confirm he kena 'backstab' by fellow colleague..

the person might even be "the one" who is currently standby for him .

lol! don't tell me you are a yandao too...:D ( don't say here... later MCM go hunt you down! hahahaha!)

ysyap
16-12-12, 09:57
R u e 3rd lover? :DQuiet lah... wait I go on news... ;)

roly8
16-12-12, 10:06
Quiet lah... wait I go on news... ;)

lol~!! :D:D:D

radha08
16-12-12, 10:22
i respect him for admitting his mistake and taking responsibility for his action...:47:

proud owner
16-12-12, 10:28
i respect him for admitting his mistake and taking responsibility for his action...:47:

Sometimes they are forced to admit

U think pap will let him just disappear and tarnish the party's reputation when they talked bad about the other guy from WP?

Also with an nag mo name like that. So easy to remember,,, run also no use..

Whereas that WP guy. Seriously I cannot remember his name already. Ahhahha

radha08
16-12-12, 10:32
Sometimes they are forced to admit

U think pap will let him just disappear and tarnish the party's reputation when they talked bad about the other guy from WP?

Also with an nag mo name like that. So easy to remember,,, run also no use..

Whereas that WP guy. Seriously I cannot remember his name already. Ahhahha

quite true...:cool:

roly8
16-12-12, 10:35

he is a public figure leh..

not some normal citizen lor :o

ysyap
16-12-12, 10:53
i respect him for admitting his mistake and taking responsibility for his action...:47:Hmmm... Yaw was sacked while Palmer resigned, not sacked.... is there a significant difference? :rolleyes:

mcmlxxvi
16-12-12, 11:13
yes. yaw denied. Palmer admitted.

just like murder. u get away lighter if u admit

minority
16-12-12, 11:27

Well it still take guts to admit.

DC33_2008
16-12-12, 11:46
Palmer got no choice with hard evidence like SMS messages.

chiaberry
16-12-12, 12:44

*Suspicious* the girls ex bf in the photo in ST is wearing colours like DHL (yellow-red). Didn't one of Palmer's fellow PAP members (who might back stab him) used to work in DHL? Any connection?

roly8
16-12-12, 12:59
*Suspicious* the girls ex bf in the photo in ST is wearing colours like DHL (yellow-red). Didn't one of Palmer's fellow PAP members (who might back stab him) used to work in DHL? Any connection?

lol.. my first thought is DHL also

no idea about the internal stuffs..probably too messy inside :ashamed1::ashamed1:

chiaberry
16-12-12, 16:16
lol.. my first thought is DHL also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teo_Ser_Luck

mcmlxxvi
16-12-12, 17:20
DHL tagline (2009) - All The Way

roly8
16-12-12, 19:57
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teo_Ser_Luck

wow!
never know he work in DHL before!

very very interesting internal affairs!

fiat500
17-12-12, 05:50
Well it still take guts to admit.
He had no choice gotta admit cos he would be exposed sooner or later.
If not found out, i am sure he would not admit it n would still be having a good time with that chick!
Wonder where they go for their rendezvous?
Hotel81 or mount faber? :D

ysyap
17-12-12, 06:53
*Suspicious* the girls ex bf in the photo in ST is wearing colours like DHL (yellow-red). Didn't one of Palmer's fellow PAP members (who might back stab him) used to work in DHL? Any connection?Wah... u are very detailed? Lol.... :rolleyes:

ysyap
17-12-12, 06:54
If not found out, i am sure he would not admit it n would still be having a good time with that chick!
Hotel81 or mount faber? :DHotel 81 a bit low class for speaker of parliment lah... maybe go to her house or go overseas like Bintan? Lol! :doh:

minority
17-12-12, 08:02
Hotel81 or mount faber? :D

Yeah lah. Wat I mean is still stuck ard to admit it. He could have ran off n hide in some hole n let the party deal with it.

chiaberry
17-12-12, 08:03
Being such a high profile person and also a lawyer, I find it rather surprising that he was careless enough to get caught with the evidence.

howgozit
17-12-12, 11:08
It is not surprising at all.

SMS, watsapp, email...etc are killers.

If your lover watsapp you "Darling I love you and miss you a lot"... how would you reply the watsapp?

You have no choice but to reciprocate the watsapp with a an equally cringing romantic message.... even a simple "OK" reply will make you culpable to the affair. The reply can be easily screen saved an used as evidence.

Cheating on your spouse cannot return to what it used to be.

Being such a high profile person and also a lawyer, I find it rather surprising that he was careless enough to get caught with the evidence.

minority
17-12-12, 11:18
It is not surprising at all.

SMS, watsapp, email...etc are killers.

If your lover watsapp you "Darling I love you and miss you a lot"... how would you reply the watsapp?

You have no choice but to reciprocate the watsapp with a an equally cringing romantic message.... even a simple "OK" reply will make you culpable to the affair. The reply can be easily screen saved an used as evidence.

Cheating on your spouse cannot return to what it used to be.

I think they need to fall back to the pager style. learn army SOP code. keep a code book each. so no 1 can decipher ur coded rendezvous messages!

000 - I L U
001 - u want bananas?
002 - meet at old place.
003 - u had a good time?
6969 - Gangnam Style ?

etc.

Kanarazu
17-12-12, 11:20
I think they need to fall back to the pager style. learn army SOP code. keep a code book each. so no 1 can decipher ur coded rendezvous messages!

000 - I L U
001 - u want bananas?
002 - meet at old place.
003 - u had a good time?
6969 - Gangnam Style ?

etc.

Maybe some sort of biometric lock to view messages on the phone in future.

howgozit
17-12-12, 11:32
You can do all the countermeasures on your end like deleting all the incriminating msgs. But your lover must also do the same. That is the part that is difficult to control.

The fact that Laura Ong screen saved and kept all those messages means that a leak is possible.

howgozit
17-12-12, 11:36
Haha..... good idea

000 - I L U
001 - u want bananas?
002 - meet at old place.
003 - u had a good time?
6969 - Gangnam Style ?

etc.

fiat500
17-12-12, 12:36
You can do all the countermeasures on your end like deleting all the incriminating msgs. But your lover must also do the same. That is the part that is difficult to control.

The fact that Laura Ong screen saved and kept all those messages means that a leak is possible.
Actually all these scandals is no big deal in today's context unlike 20years ago...
If got caught,just apologized n move on..No need to quit your PAP job as long as he fulfilled his duties to S'pore..

buttercarp
17-12-12, 12:49
Actually all these scandals is no big deal in today's context unlike 20years ago...
If got caught,just apologized n move on..No need to quit your PAP job as long as he fulfilled his duties to S'pore..

But a politician must have exemplary behaviour.
In the west, although they are very liberal, but when it comes to politician, they also won't tolerate EMA.

minority
17-12-12, 12:52
In the west, although they are very liberal, but when it comes to politician, they also won't tolerate EMA.

really? How abt the italian president Silvio? or Clinton ? Monica case? What abt JFK too? How abt Prince Charles?

U hold the West too high up in standards. They are liberal when they want to be.

Its always when the issue is made to be big enough then it becomes a issue.

minority
17-12-12, 12:54

Actually as long no harm done I dont think they deserved to be drag through the mud in this manner.

When I say they ( I mean both PAP or opposition)

But might have internal discipline. But I dont feel they deserve to have all this personal issue drag through public. subject to everyone moral judgement.

Imagine some work as a snr Mgmt in a MNC and have a affair with the sectary . Which is very common. Do you think the share holders care ? and fire the CEO or CFO or CXO etc.

unless a conflict of interest happens. If the CXO performs the board will leave him alone and at most warn the CXO.

but If performance falter. Board needs to remove the CXO then the behavior becomes a issue.

minority
17-12-12, 13:05
I feel lately Singaporean are so fast to pass Moral Judgement. I guess its the anonymity of the internet. All just YAP before the truth hits the street.

buttercarp
17-12-12, 13:08
really? How abt the italian president Silvio? or Clinton ? Monica case? What abt JFK too? How abt Prince Charles?

U hold the West too high up in standards. They are liberal when they want to be.

Its always when the issue is made to be big enough then it becomes a issue.

Clinton was almost impeached by the Monica case but that failed.
CIA director David Petraeus quit becos of EMA.

Silvio's leadership was undermined by EMA.

JFK - hahaha ... i dunno, it happened before i was born.

Prince Charles - royal family so cannot quit.

If they had accepted EMA, there will not be a public outcry when these people have EMA.

maisonjai
17-12-12, 13:18
Clinton, JFK, P Charles....they don't wear whiter than white uniform. White uniform don't allow mango stain. :p

maisonjai
17-12-12, 13:26
Those those "eating outside" be very careful when you sync or update firmware for iphones belonging to u & ur spouse using the same PC. Ur delicious watsapp msg will be replicated on both iPhones if u are not careful...sharing is caring, we buy house & not break house....hehehaha

buttercarp
17-12-12, 13:30
Those those "eating outside" be very careful when you sync or update firmware for iphones belonging to u & ur spouse using the same PC. Ur delicious watsapp msg will be replicated on both iPhones if u are not careful...sharing is caring, we buy house & not break house....hehehaha

That's why if spouse have iphone, the other spouse should not have iphone :D .

Heng
17-12-12, 13:42

From web-site :

Andy Lim's Experience in DHL from 2006 till presently ( posted by Andy Lim ??? )
=====================================================
Area Sales Manager
DHL Express
January 2011 – Present (2 years) Singapore
i) Sales manager with 6 sales representatives
ii) Business demographics includes SMEs and MNCs

Manager, Sales Planning & Development
DHL

August 2009 – December 2010 (1 year 5 months) Singapore
i) Strategic Consulting, including business plan & sales strategy development.
ii) Comprehensive database management; including CRM implementation
iii) Development of BTL Sales programs and Sales incentives
iv) Development and implementation of Sales training

Sales Program Manager
DHL
September 2007 – August 2009 (2 years) Singapore
i) Implementation of BTL Sales programs and Sales incentives
ii) Implementation of CRM initiatives

Account Manager
DHL
September 2006 – September 2007 (1 year 1 month)
-----------------------------------------

Andy Lim's Education

Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance), Business; Majoring in Finance
2001 – 2004

minority
17-12-12, 13:58
Clinton was almost impeached by the Monica case but that failed.
CIA director David Petraeus quit becos of EMA.

Silvio's leadership was undermined by EMA.

JFK - hahaha ... i dunno, it happened before i was born.

Prince Charles - royal family so cannot quit.

If they had accepted EMA, there will not be a public outcry when these people have EMA.

Well like I say.. its a issue when people want to make it a issue. look at today do people hold Clinton lesser than before?

Well they saw beyond the case. Clinton is remembered also for his contribution to US economy. the Era where US was in surplus and jobs are plentiful.

versus the stupid George Era..

What I am trying to say I look at wat the job the person must delivery. His personal life as long don't mess with the job at hand to deliver results. Frankly I don't care.

Do we care if the MP is GAY or not? would that be a next issue then? If the MP is a genius frankly I don't care if it don't interfere with work.

We should reframe from moral judgement too much.

"A moral judgment is an evaluation of someone or something as good or bad, right or wrong. ...........Often we make such judgments hastily. For example we judge people on the basis of their looks, background, or associations. We base such judgments not on careful consideration of factual evidence, but on emotion, prejudice, preconception, intolerance, or self-righteousness. Because hasty moral judgments are essentially non rational---that is, unreasoned---they blunt the goals of critical thinking: insight and understanding."

fiat500
17-12-12, 14:05
Yes, but don't need to be shamed in public to such an extent lah..
It was just a normal boy /girl relationship that happened @ the wrong place n wrong time.
Not as though he was a pedophile or peeping tom..

He can be punished in other ways by gahmen, eg: pay freeze, no increment or no bonuses for next 3years...
I am sure there are many more unfolded stories of high profile people involved in scandals not exposed in s'pore... :rolleyes:

buttercarp
17-12-12, 14:07
Well like I say.. its a issue when people want to make it a issue. look at today do people hold Clinton lesser than before?

Well they saw beyond the case. Clinton is remembered also for his contribution to US economy. the Era where US was in surplus and jobs are plentiful.

What I am trying to say I look at wat the job the person must delivery. His personal life as long don't mess with the job at hand to deliver results. Frankly I don't care.

Do we care if the MP is GAY or not? would that be a next issue then? If the MP is a genius frankly I don't care if it don't interfere with work.

"A moral judgment is an evaluation of someone or something as good or bad, right or wrong. ...........Often we make such judgments hastily. For example we judge people on the basis of their looks, background, or associations. We base such judgments not on careful consideration of factual evidence, but on emotion, prejudice, preconception, intolerance, or self-righteousness. Because hasty moral judgments are essentially non rational---that is, unreasoned---they blunt the goals of critical thinking: insight and understanding."

It is true that we should look at the politician's political performance rather than put too much emphasis on his personal life.
Just that we cannot condone it if there is an EMA ie it should not be taken lightly but I agree with you- it should not cost him his job.

Otherwise we may have less to choose from.

It is like a pilot.
Last time they say must have perfect eye sight, but then how many Singaporeans are there with both perfect eye sight and want to be pilot.

howgozit
17-12-12, 14:18
Whether such indiscretions are common or not, I think Singaporeans are not ready to accept this character flaw in our leaders at this point, maybe not for a long time and especially not from PAP.

Otherwise they cannot wear white any more.... maybe shades of grey.

minority
17-12-12, 14:19
From web-site :

Andy Lim's Experience in DHL from 2006 till presently ( posted by Andy Lim ??? )
=====================================================
Area Sales Manager

Frankly u should stop posting this sort of stuff. Coz its very personal and there is no need to drag outsiders into the mud for pure entertainment.

For all u know he might not even be a BF just a friend. The type of scrutiny and stress that are unfairly brought upon. Its like cyber bullying.

If something like the Nurse ( uk ) happen to this guy would u feel responsible?

Shanhz
17-12-12, 14:20

with PAP, everything is pre-planned.

minority
17-12-12, 14:20
Whether such indiscretions are common or not, I think Singaporeans are not ready to accept this character flaw in our leaders at this point, maybe not for a long time and especially not from PAP.

Otherwise they cannot wear white any more.... maybe shades of grey.

So Opposition too.

minority
17-12-12, 14:23
with PAP, everything is pre-planned.

so with opposition? its chaos? coz no plan. guy just ran off.?

fiat500
17-12-12, 14:31
Maybe the public should petition for him to come back..
He was doing a good job anyway..

The person affected most is his wife, not any of us here!
Cos 5-6 mths down the road,we would have forgotten about the incident already. :D

Shanhz
17-12-12, 14:49
so with opposition? its chaos? coz no plan. guy just ran off.?

all i can say is... you never know which step is pre-planned, which is not.

ever wondered.. if the affair itself.. was also a setup? :D

wat about george yeo? was his defeat by chance or by plan?

i have no answers. just food for thought.

mcmlxxvi
17-12-12, 15:28

SUper LIKE THIS

eng81157
17-12-12, 15:37
although we can be objective in saying 'let's just consider if he can deliver', don't forget there are those who aren't.

the indiscretion runs against the moral values held by the society at large. if i'm the captain of the ship, do i want to risk a small cinder burning my vessel down? do i want to risk allowing my political enemies to have leverage and wrest more control in the next GE?

my take is simple - the story in MSM is likely to be a washed down version to cover up something that is more scandalous or sinister in nature

minority
17-12-12, 16:24
although we can be objective in saying 'let's just consider if he can deliver', don't forget there are those who aren't.

the indiscretion runs against the moral values held by the society at large. if i'm the captain of the ship, do i want to risk a small cinder burning my vessel down? do i want to risk allowing my political enemies to have leverage and wrest more control in the next GE?

my take is simple - the story in MSM is likely to be a washed down version to cover up something that is more scandalous or sinister in nature

I didnt say consider if he can deliver. I am saying if he already delivering and the incident have no means impact his ability to continue delivering.

We shall not pass judgement.

How come always must be wash down and more sinister? Base on wat? gut feel? reading tea leaves? or the stars in the sky? I guess many in secure people out there? always have conspiracy theory.

I think we need a X-File section here.

http://noscope.com/photostream/albums/various/I_Want_To_Believe_01.jpg

fiat500
17-12-12, 16:32

As long as he is remorseful,he apologised is good enough..No need to pack bag n leave the job.
Sometimes all these emotional issues very hard to control. Maybe he n the wife has no more luv or he felt neglected by his wife? N laura was always there for him.U never know?
Don't tell me u have never been attracted to someome b4 even though u are married?
Society nowadays are much more receptive n willing to forgive n forget to all these
issues.
End of the day is he is not a saint,just a guy out there like u n me.

minority
17-12-12, 16:33

So another question. Steve Jobs is no saint but he delivers and continue to deliver. Shouldnt u think APPLE should have got rid of him? Or millions of Apple fans should choose not to buy apple products becoz the inventor has indiscretion ? worst dont even recognizes his own kid?

minority
17-12-12, 16:38
As long as he is remorseful,he apologised is good enough..No need to pack bag n leave the job.
Sometimes all these emotional issues very hard to control. Maybe he n the wife has no more luv or he felt neglected by his wife? N laura was always there for him.U never know?
Don't tell me u have never been attracted to someome b4 even though u are married?
Society nowadays are much more receptive n willing to forgive n forget to all these
issues.
End of the day is he is not a saint,just a guy out there like u n me.

Well people these days want to see show. see a good fight. See a dog get kicked.

They all forgot the bigger task at hand.

land118
17-12-12, 16:40
Old man is still around, white party has to be spotlessly white, can't tolerate any impurities...:doh:

eng81157
18-12-12, 09:29
So another question. Steve Jobs is no saint but he delivers and continue to deliver. Shouldnt u think APPLE should have got rid of him? Or millions of Apple fans should choose not to buy apple products becoz the inventor has indiscretion ? worst dont even recognizes his own kid?

Apple isn't government......you can't make a just comparison between the two, period :doh:

was Steve Jobs elected by the common people into office? does he risk the wrath of consumers because of his idiosyncrasies, e.g. customers switching to Samsung because of his over-zealous attention to details?

how about a comparison between Apple and SMRT? both are for-profit entities, but look at how Mdm See got 'phiaked' by the public, though she helped earn hundreds of millions in retail rental. for SMRT, there's the political aspect to consider, given that it's providing public services.

eng81157
18-12-12, 09:34
I didnt say consider if he can deliver. I am saying if he already delivering and the incident have no means impact his ability to continue delivering.

We shall not pass judgement.

How come always must be wash down and more sinister? Base on wat? gut feel? reading tea leaves? or the stars in the sky? I guess many in secure people out there? always have conspiracy theory.

I think we need a X-File section here.

this entire saga will cost political capital. it is no longer about whether he delivers or not. a simpleton's argument.......:doh:

fclim
18-12-12, 11:10

When you become a public figure, you no longer have any personal life whatsoever. What you do, whether in public or personal, will be subjected to scrutiny and will be judged.

It applies to MPs, Ministers, sports stars, film stars etc..They are expected to behave, even in their private lives.

With FB, Tweeter and the new media, this line between public and private is increasingly blurred.

minority
18-12-12, 16:03
this entire saga will cost political capital. it is no longer about whether he delivers or not. a simpleton's argument.......:doh:

Sure it would cost political capital. But I don't think a political capability should be judge solely via their private lives.

I dont by the story everything is a conspiracy. Its a conspiracist argument.

minority
18-12-12, 16:08
When you become a public figure, you no longer have any personal life whatsoever. What you do, whether in public or personal, will be subjected to scrutiny and will be judged.

It applies to MPs, Ministers, sports stars, film stars etc..They are expected to behave, even in their private lives.

With FB, Tweeter and the new media, this line between public and private is increasingly blurred.

Yeah they will all be judge. But My question is should all these noise really interfere with the actual job at hand? Which is running the country and getting the country somewhere.

All these noise are just plane distracting.

For entertainer I would believe their private and public life are always part of public scruinty. Coz they entertain. Thus they have a image consultant. The put up a smoke and fireworks show purely to entertain. A political on the other hand is not your actor or clown. The expectation is very different.

Its the delivery of result that is key. Not if he/she can smile at the camera all day or sit with the more affluent air or put up the best song n dance show. Perhaps we should have a song n dance department just to entertain the people. Since this is all people are interested in today.

Shanhz
25-01-13, 07:57
we must really thank palmer. without him, we would not have:

1) CM7 (okay, this one, probably will come out anyway)
2) 2030 2 new MRT lines and other small ones like NS12
3) new baby bonus, changes in BTO priorities etc
4) additional subsidy for childcare, medisave for young kids from low income family
5) MRT shelters extended to 400m, sound barriers for houses near MRT track that exceeds NEA noise standards

did i miss out anything?
now, can we say that having election (and oppositions) is a good or bad thing?

howgozit
25-01-13, 08:59
Huh?

What is the connection? Totally unrelated.

we must really thank palmer. without him, we would not have:

1) CM7 (okay, this one, probably will come out anyway)
2) 2030 2 new MRT lines and other small ones like NS12
3) new baby bonus, changes in BTO priorities etc
4) additional subsidy for childcare, medisave for young kids from low income family
5) MRT shelters extended to 400m, sound barriers for houses near MRT track that exceeds NEA noise standards

did i miss out anything?
now, can we say that having election (and oppositions) is a good or bad thing?