PDA

View Full Version : wah piang! Holy! SAF regular 'loses both legs, arm': report

roly8
12-12-12, 10:20
[UPDATE 12 Dec, 858AM: Condition of SAF serviceman]

A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) regular serviceman who was critically injured following a routine exercise on board a navy ship on Monday afternoon has reportedly lost both legs and an arm.

Weapons systems supervisor, Military Expert (ME) 2 Jason Chee Weng Fai was caught between a motorised winch and rope as he was checking the berthing rope on board the RSS Endeavour.

According to The Straits Times, the 29-year-old lost his limbs and remains in critical condition at Changi General Hospital following emergency surgery.

Quoting a Defence Ministry official, the daily broadsheet added that fault equipment could have been the cause of the accident on Monday.

Local media have also reported that a two-day "safety time out" has been called on all naval training exercises to allow the Defence Ministry to carry out a review of safety and training procedures.

It is expected to be lifted later on Wednesday.

:scared-1::scared-1::eek:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/saf-regular-critically-injured-in-ship-accident-010319550.html

phantom_opera
12-12-12, 10:22
TPD ... I hope he has 1million insurance cover on TPD :banghead:

zzz1
12-12-12, 10:31
TPD ... I hope he has 1million insurance cover on TPD :banghead:
The last saf accident , where death were resulted, the compensation were only 24 time the basic salary or like that..unless he cover separately

Let hear if Any regulars bro here can share the insurance policy...

roly8
12-12-12, 10:34
The last saf accident , where death were resulted, the compensation were only 24 time the basic salary or like that..unless he cover separately

Let hear if Any regulars bro here can share the insurance policy...

how much was the total compensation? 2.5k x 24 ?

hyenergix
12-12-12, 10:45
Time to review compensations and safe work procedures.

ekl2ekl2
12-12-12, 10:52
Unfortunate accident. lets all wish him all the best. hope he will be well compensated.

buttercarp
12-12-12, 10:59
So unfortunate!
I am so saddened by it.

Shanhz
12-12-12, 11:05
marine accidents can be quite severe due to type of equipment involved. there have been incidents of severence of body, etc. ropes are metal ropes, so when they break, they swing and cut anything in their path.

hope he recovers well and had sufficient insurance. long road ahead.

Rysk
12-12-12, 11:08
So unfortunate!
I am so saddened by it.

Ya.. so sad :(

kellogs
12-12-12, 11:22
Peace out to the family and hopefully they can get through this difficult period.

I wont be surprised if the higher up would says "It is an honest mistake, lets move forward"

Someone should be FIRED!

hyenergix
12-12-12, 11:26
Work safely, especially if you are the front line workers in engineering and maintenance.

https://www.wshc.sg/wps/PA_InfoStop/download?folder=IS2012090400703&file=WSH_Report_Jan_Jun_2012.pdf

mcmlxxvi
12-12-12, 12:11
What an unfortunate accident for such a young man. Wish him quick recovery.

leftfield
12-12-12, 12:49
Not trying to sound insensitive, but it was me, I would rather die.

Quality of life will be sub-par, let alone the fact that I will burden my close ones. :beats-me-man:

Shanhz
12-12-12, 12:54
Not trying to sound insensitive, but it was me, I would rather die.

Quality of life will be sub-par, let alone the fact that I will burden my close ones. :beats-me-man:

yes.. in life.. death is not scary. in fact, OCBC is worse.

ai-si-bueh-si

Regulators
12-12-12, 13:00
With prosthetic limbs , he can still have a life. Gov should compensate him $5 million

roly8
12-12-12, 13:19

ai-si-bueh-si
like that also can...:doh::o

buttercarp
12-12-12, 13:26

ai-si-bueh-si

LOL, banks never die.... just lose interest.

leftfield
12-12-12, 13:29

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1198972/1/.html

Haha, if strongest bank in the world die, rest all can up lorry liao! :scared-4:

zzz1
12-12-12, 16:52
how much was the total compensation? 2.5k x 24 ?
Workman compensation limit the payout for perm incapacity max as 180k x % loss of earning capacity ..but it dose not cover saf under this work injury compensation act..

Will be interesting to know how they are covered under their respective group personal accident insurance tho ...

mcmlxxvi
12-12-12, 18:22

lose until no 'fee'-ling.

focus
12-12-12, 22:10
With prosthetic limbs , he can still have a life. Gov should compensate him $5 million

It's better if SAF just put him under a pension scheme retrospectively and cover his medical fees for life as well.

Getting $5mil might be a bane for the family as they might lose it easily.

Laguna
12-12-12, 23:33
每次看到这种新闻,心真是很痛,很痛。
把孩子这样辛苦地养大,风风雨雨地走过来,到头来,却是遇到这种生不如死的遭遇。
我只希望我的孩子能平平安安,健健康康,快快乐乐的度过一生。这很多时候,可能都是一种奢侈。
人,不要求得太多,珍惜身边人。

spyro
12-12-12, 23:46
每次看到这种新闻,心真是很痛,很痛。
人,不要求得太多,珍惜身边人。
:cheers4: :cheers4:

roly8
13-12-12, 07:59
每次看到这种新闻,心真是很痛,很痛。
人,不要求得太多,珍惜身边人。

before this, it is a 19yr NSF die ..
the mother ultra duper sad!

azeoprop
13-12-12, 08:22
Theoden: "No parent should have to bury their child."

:tsk-tsk: :(

moneytalk
13-12-12, 08:30
So unfortunate!
I am so saddened by it.
Heard in the news last night that he is the only child and sole breadwinner. His mother died a few months ago, leaving him to take care of his aged father.
We can imagine the pain of his father. He had lost his wife recently and now has to go through another tragedy.

roly8
13-12-12, 08:37
Heard in the news last night that he is the only child and sole breadwinner. His mother died a few months ago, leaving him to take care of his aged father.
We can imagine the pain of his father. He had lost his wife recently and now has to go through another tragedy.

wah piang :doh::doh::doh:

truly saddening. :o