PDA

View Full Version : You want to retire? better buy only 3r HDB

phantom_opera
11-12-12, 16:24
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1237171/1/.html

For lower-middle income households at the 30th income percentile, typically with a combined monthly income of S$5,100 in 2017, that means a three-room flat.

For median-income households at the 50th income percentile, typically drawing a combined monthly income of S$7,100 in 2017, a four-room flat would be the choice.

Upper-middle income earners at the 70th income percentile, typically earning a combined monthly income of S$9,200 in 2017, could choose a five-room flat.

=> garmen telling you, if your family income < 10k .... u better stick with HDB

:simmering:

Arcachon
11-12-12, 17:56
Yes, sir will do as told. Like when I was young told to buy stamp and paste on a book and deposit at POSB.

chestnut
11-12-12, 18:04
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1237171/1/.html

=> garmen telling you, if your family income < 10k .... u better stick with HDB

:simmering:

Bro, govt did not say that la... What the govt is saying is, I give u choice - choose new or new ec or resale hdb or private...

If u earn more than 10k but less than 12 k, choice is - choose new ec or resale hdb or private...

If u earn more than 12 k, choose resale hdb or private.

They always give choices, hints, etc... :cheers3: some people instead of buy stamp, paste on book and deposit at posb, they buy stamp and paste on eyes...

:eek: :eek:

Allthepies
11-12-12, 22:50
Bro, govt did not say that la... What the govt is saying is, I give u choice - choose new or new ec or resale hdb or private...

If u earn more than 10k but less than 12 k, choice is - choose new ec or resale hdb or private...

If u earn more than 12 k, choose resale hdb or private.

They always give choices, hints, etc... :cheers3: some people instead of buy stamp, paste on book and deposit at posb, they buy stamp and paste on eyes...

:eek: :eek:

Some improvise, buy rare stamps and resell at higher prices :D

kane
11-12-12, 22:54
At an inflation rate of 5%. The concept of prudence becomes very subjective.

Arcachon
11-12-12, 22:55
The history of the bank dates back to 1 January 1877. The British Government established the Post Office Savings Bank in the General Post Office Building in Raffles Place. In 1951, its number of depositors hit the 100 000th mark. It grew until its peak in 1955 and languished thereafter. In the mid-sixties, the Post Office Savings Bank, as POSBank was then called, was part of the Postal Department.
It was Dr Goh Keng Swee, the then Minister for Finance, who helped to revitalise the bank. He saw the potential in tapping the national savings for the development of the infrastructure in Singapore.
On 1 January 1972, the Bank was made a Statutory Board, under the care of the Ministry of Communications. Its two principal functions under the Post Office Savings Bank Act of 1971 were:
1. To carry on the general business of a savings bank and to promote saving and encourage thrift
2. To mobilise domestic savings for the purpose of public development.
The Bank commissioned Mr William Lee to design its logo in 1972.
In 1974, responsibility for the Bank was transferred to the Ministry of Finance. In the same year, the Bank set up a subsidiary, Credit POSB Pte Ltd, to tap into the housing market.
In 1976, the number of accounts hit the one millionth mark. In the same year, deposits crossed the S$1 billion mark.
In 1980, it introduced the Passcard, and the Principal Branch. In 1981, its first Cash-On-Line ATM machine opened at Newton Branch.
In 1983, its eight-storey headquarters, POSBank Centre, at Bras Basah Road was completed.
In 1984, the Bank introduced its current account facility. In 1986, deposits crossed the S$10 billion mark.
It changed its name to POSBank in March 1990. In 1996, it won the National Productivity Award conferred by the National Productivity Board.
It introduced the Electronic Share Application to let its depositors apply for Initial Public Offering (IPO) shares.
In November 1998, it was acquired by DBS Bank.

phantom_opera
11-12-12, 22:57
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tp/

I agree that raising CPF contributing ceiling by 1 or 2% per year may be the answer but it will raise biz cost

chestnut
12-12-12, 04:15
Some improvise, buy rare stamps and resell at higher prices :D

Hahahaha... Bro, I tell u, the really smart ones bot something in 2005/6 and paid stamp on the unit... (we call this buyer stamp duty) this stamp is not rare but appreciate like crazy... Hahahahahaha

minority
12-12-12, 05:47
Should not over stretch. If u choose to its ur choice. Basically thats it.

chestnut
12-12-12, 05:58
Should not over stretch. If u choose to its ur choice. Basically thats it.

Bro, I know a good friend who started work, earn 1 k plus, bot a walk up apartment in katong for 100 k... Early days hor.... He rented out the apartment and had surplus... He also bot a terrace house for 400 k plus when his salary was 3 k plus... And his wife most probably 1 k plus...

It is so difficult to define "buy within your means" . To me there are always two sides to a coin. You either win or you lose... The worst is in between... Neither here nor there....

So play to win - know the market, know the competition, know your capabilities and play to your advantage.... Remember "play to win"

:D

minority
12-12-12, 06:15
True enough play to win. Dont we all want to. Some know how to play. Some anyhow play. Not everyone will win. So as long. Understand the risk. Win everyone is happy. Loser will blame the farther the mother n the holy ghost.

For the less well adviced some guidelines are good. The more well knowlege can do all they want coz they got to play with eyes open.

chestnut
12-12-12, 06:19
True enough play to win. Dont we all want to. Some know how to play. Some anyhow play. Not everyone will win. So as long. Understand the risk. Win everyone is happy. Loser will blame the farther the mother n the holy ghost.

For the less well adviced some guidelines are good. The more well knowlege can do all they want coz they got to play with eyes open.

Bro, thanks for your national duty to protect the underdog...

:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

Very commendable...

:D :D

Kanarazu
12-12-12, 06:52
At an inflation rate of 5%. The concept of prudence becomes very subjective.
Prudence is not about having no debt but having an acceptable level of debt.

kane
12-12-12, 08:03

That's my whole point. What is reasonable level of debt at 2-3% inflation may look fairly different from what is reasonable at 5% inflation.

phantom_opera
12-12-12, 08:34
I get what bro kane mean ... higher inflation rate tends to increase your risk apetite

kane
12-12-12, 09:55
I get what bro kane mean ... higher inflation rate tends to increase your risk apetite

Exactly. It may not necessarily increase your appetite, but you may be inclined to do things differently.

Shanhz
12-12-12, 11:30
Bro, I know a good friend who started work, earn 1 k plus, bot a walk up apartment in katong for 100 k... Early days hor.... He rented out the apartment and had surplus... He also bot a terrace house for 400 k plus when his salary was 3 k plus... And his wife most probably 1 k plus...

:D

only 1 word - GUTS

Shanhz
12-12-12, 11:33

yah, the greatest worry is to be over-leveraged. the next greatest worry is to be under-leveraged.

chestnut
12-12-12, 11:36
only 1 word - GUTS

Bro, nothing to lose.... But honestly, this guy got me thinking....

He tells me things like :

1. Bro, in 3 years time, you think your salary will not increase??? Do forward pricing....

2. Your rental can cover mortgage wat... If cannot, just top up lah... Why you everything also scared....

3. Upgrade yourself... You earn a lot you can buy some more wat... What the heck are you doing...

So this guy was way ahead of this time....

Of course I also share my strategy... And all this started in my 20s....

:D:D:D

Shanhz
12-12-12, 11:40
Bro, nothing to lose.... But honestly, this guy got me thinking....

He tells me things like :

1. Bro, in 3 years time, you think your salary will not increase??? Do forward pricing....

2. Your rental can cover mortgage wat... If cannot, just top up lah... Why you everything also scared....

3. Upgrade yourself... You earn a lot you can buy some more wat... What the heck are you doing...

So this guy was way ahead of this time....

Of course I also share my strategy... And all this started in my 20s....

:D:D:D

this is what i call 貴人.. sometimes u just need one person to tell you something. suddenly you see the light. thanks for sharing with us now.

but in those days, not only did he have forward thinking, he also had vision. he was doing something that nobody was doing.